Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle has two syllables and 28 posts. Here's some of them:
Kylemii wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:23 pm @K-Ness @White who are you? who do you know? what would you say is your most important defining characteristic in terms of mafia gameplay? red bean or lychee?
Introductory questions for some newcomers. Mac called me scum for doing something similar and I'm salty over it.
Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:03 am jack arriving into the thread and sparking off activity like he has gives me reploid vibes
A positive read on Jack. Cool, thanks. I like that he has a stance to offer so quickly. It's not a difficult stance to fake though.
Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:59 am I think nutella is a civ. Jack is a civ. Wilgy civ. Jay civ. Quin civ.
nutella, wilgy, and quin?
Pokes the Mac. I dig posts that are designed to generate content.
Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:27 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:07 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:59 am I think nutella is a civ. Jack is a civ. Wilgy civ. Jay civ. Quin civ.
nutella, wilgy, and quin?
you first
plz explain
you have 13 posts but have said nothing. i wanna know how you feel about nutella, wilgy and quin.
i don't feel anything about you 3, that's why i asked the question and excluded jay/jack

you nutella and wilgy haven't done anything in particular to stand out, so i want to know what stuck out to mac
Stands his ground when Quin gives him a lil nudge. I like this. Kyle's playing with his typical looseness, but he's not drifting around and he's not letting the big bad bully push him around.

There's not a whole bunch more content in here, but there are a series of light prods. I like Kyle on the surface but there's nothing here that is solidly town. But he's moving in a direction that I approve of.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine again. Because his posts don't offer anything strong to hold onto and if anyone's an opportunistic bad guy of those 5(!?) voters on me right now, it's him.

Holy shit 5 of you decided to vote for me? Get those off. Shameless emotional appeal incoming: I've been screaming for this game to start for a month. Don't lynch me on Day 1. Not to mention that I'm town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:16 am I think the reason people suspect Quin is because his "what are tha rules " posts were the most fake-sounding
How has your read on Quin progressed since then? Who else are you looking at besides sprit? Thoughts on the Sloonei bandwagon?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 240

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:16 am I think the reason people suspect Quin is because his "what are tha rules " posts were the most fake-sounding
I don't know why I'd say it in the first place as scum for what is practically zero benefit when I could just not say it and avoid the whole charade altogether.

I misread, that's all.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:40 am
I don't know why I'd say it in the first place as scum for what is practically zero benefit when I could just not say it and avoid the whole charade altogether.

I misread, that's all.
vote for somebody, please and thank you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:41 am

I misread, that's all.
If you insist.

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:44 am

I misread, that's all.
If you insist.

Why her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:48 am

I misread, that's all.
If you insist.

Why her?
Don't like her defence of speedchuck.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:57 am

I misread, that's all.
If you insist.

Why her?
What don't you like about it? And what do you think of speedchuck?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 73

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:42 pm I assumed Mac was just doing his usual antagonistic thing with me at first but now he seems to be sincerely riding the "everything Sloonei does is bad" train, I assume because it worked in Greece. But here it's all just fart butter and I wouldn't care about it one bit if it wasn't directed at me.

I'd prefer not to spend the rest of the phase defending myself though. Haters can hate. I'm a player, and players play.
There are several other people suspicious of you. You have been suspicious. Fart butter is a better description of your play than mine.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dont stop the analysis now Sloonei you were doing really well.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DFaraday »

Didn't realize this started on Thursday. Just 500 posts to get through...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:59 am

I misread, that's all.
If you insist.

Why her?
She called a speedchuck lynch on day 1 lazy (as though he, over anyone else, deserves to live longer than Day 1) and gave me some crap about how she didn't want him to be lynched because of the 'speedchuck is always bad' rhetoric. Nobody has brought up the speedchuck is always bad rhetoric.

She wants to save speedchuck for disingenuous reasons. Not sure if buddying or w/w, but she's bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:42 pm I assumed Mac was just doing his usual antagonistic thing with me at first but now he seems to be sincerely riding the "everything Sloonei does is bad" train, I assume because it worked in Greece. But here it's all just fart butter and I wouldn't care about it one bit if it wasn't directed at me.

I'd prefer not to spend the rest of the phase defending myself though. Haters can hate. I'm a player, and players play.
There are several other people suspicious of you. You have been suspicious. Fart butter is a better description of your play than mine.
I refer only to your suspicion as fart butter. I’m not sure what its origins are or even what the main points are. You’ve just been highlighting posts of mine and saying “bad” because that worked in Ancient Greece. Nutella substantiated her read. LC did as well, even though I think part of that is a misunderstanding. Colin is bad. Jack’s a wildcard. You’re jusr dragging suspicion out of everything I say and it’s exhausting to try to address that at every point.

I stopped my analysis because i’m in school now and I have work to do and should also probably go to sleep at some point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:14 am

I misread, that's all.
If you insist.

Why her?
She called a speedchuck lynch on day 1 lazy (as though he, over anyone else, deserves to live longer than Day 1) and gave me some crap about how she didn't want him to be lynched because of the 'speedchuck is always bad' rhetoric. Nobody has brought up the speedchuck is always bad rhetoric.

She wants to save speedchuck for disingenuous reasons. Not sure if buddying or w/w, but she's bad.
I can think of at least one reason why lunalee would be emotionally compeled to defend speedchuck and it has nothing to do with this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also I reject the notion that i’ve been suspicious. I’m town as heck.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:20 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:41 am vote for somebody, please and thank you.
If you insist.

Why her?

I can think of at least one reason why lunalee would be emotionally compeled to defend speedchuck and it has nothing to do with this game.
Is it because they're smushing booties?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 am

I refer only to your suspicion as fart butter. I’m not sure what its origins are or even what the main points are. You’ve just been highlighting posts of mine and saying “bad” because that worked in Ancient Greece. Nutella substantiated her read. LC did as well, even though I think part of that is a misunderstanding. Colin is bad. Jack’s a wildcard. You’re jusr dragging suspicion out of everything I say and it’s exhausting to try to address that at every point.

I stopped my analysis because i’m in school now and I have work to do and should also probably go to sleep at some point.
Nutella and LC substantiated their reads?

How much substantiation does a day 1 case require to not be fart butter?

Let's talk about Colin more because I agree with you.
Infected_alien8_
The Mark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Infected_alien8_ »

Reads: Jack is town, sloon is mafia, mac is slightly suspicious but not as much as sloon, same with eloh

Sloon stuff all in one place, sorry if it's not in order (probably isn't):
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:34 am
How has your read on Quin progressed since then? Who else are you looking at besides sprit? Thoughts on the Sloonei bandwagon?
Again feels like he's trying too hard. I don't believe this comes from a genuine place, asking how the read has progressed since then - he's only just said the read, why is he expecting it to have progressed at all? Just not buying it

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm I never suspected you, Long Con. I just wanted to make conversation happen.
Why didn't you ever suspect Long Con?
Because I just saw him as a player working on his understanding of the game and/or trying to get others involved.

I encouraged discussion of luna’s points about him because I wanted there to be a new avenue for the conversation to flow in. The posts she highlighted did reflect a pattern, so I didn’t want to deny the discussion of them. I don’t find the pattern suspicious at this time.
If you just wanted discussion out of it, why did you vote him?
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:08 pm i just don’t know about you sloobei
What would you like to know?
are you trying to do good sloonei things or to look like a good sloonei thing
both
Feels unnatural somehow? It seems silly since it's just a post saying 'both' but this post really pings me lol

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:01 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:19 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:51 pm [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
why?
He's giving me funny feelings :ninja:
Can you describe these funny feelings? Or tell me which posts they come from?
Feels like he's trying too hard? I just don't buy that he genuinely wants to know the description of the funny feelings or which posts they come from - I think he'd just accept it as a townie and put it down to a gut feeling or something so the fact he's trying to dig into it feels like he's just trying to look as townie as possible by questioning everything he can

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm I never suspected you, Long Con. I just wanted to make conversation happen.
Why didn't you ever suspect Long Con?
Because I just saw him as a player working on his understanding of the game and/or trying to get others involved.

I encouraged discussion of luna’s points about him because I wanted there to be a new avenue for the conversation to flow in. The posts she highlighted did reflect a pattern, so I didn’t want to deny the discussion of them. I don’t find the pattern suspicious at this time.
jesus christ can this get any worse

"I wanted to steer the discussion in a new direction, namely into a possible bandwagon on a player I actually don't suspect at all!"
Literally get accused of this on Day 1 of every game that I play. I want to steer the discussion in directions that I think might prove fruitful. It doesn't matter who I suspect or don't suspect off the bat, what matters is that discussion takes place so that there is something substantial to work off of in the present and future. The discussion is not intended to reflect solely on the player being discussed (Long Con in this case), but also all of the people who will participate in it afterwards (lunalee, nutella, potentially everybody else in the game). This is yuck.
If you get accused of this in every game, why did you suspect the person who found you suspicious for it? Surely you're used to it and don't see it as scummy?

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:50 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:44 pm Reading the thread back, I don’t like any of you motherfuckers.
Aggressive (re)-entry. This promises to be good. Right?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:51 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:23 am Hi everyone, we’re here to have a fun time and be friendly to eachother, right?! Let’s do our best to have a beautiful day :daisy:
Absolute fucking scum here
Okay. Why?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:54 pm I’m kidding you guys, you’re all swell. But some of you are bad.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm Long Con's posts strike me weird. He apparently didn't read the rules or his role pm, and instead askes all game-mechanic questions in thread. Concerning the mafia recruitment aspect, he asks: It's still up for grabs?
Then posts a bunch of questions on how to approach this game: What are we dealing with here? How do we even mafia in this game?
Then asks, "have recruitment decisions been made?"
But then suddenly understands everything well enough to place a vote on speedchuck based on his game mechanic questions.

I don't view Long Con as being an ignorant player, which is why all his questions confuse me. Is he bad and trying to look like an ignorant townie? Or is he really that bad at reading the rules? I would be okay with voting Long Con today.
Luna’s not bad though.
Walks back the prior aggression and assigns a "not bad" read to Luna. Why?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:07 pm it’s kind of fascinating to play like a goober because i have read nearly everything and still have no clue what’s going on. the only difference is my general apathy and it affects all of my reasoning and intuitive skills.

cool
Jay is apathetic because Jay is scum and he doesn’t have to put any effort into solving or reading anything, even — he just has to live or confuse the hell out of people if he can’t. I’ll take one (1) winner’s banner please
This is not a thing I could see JaggedJimmyJay doing as scum. I don't agree with this post, but I don't know if I dislike it either. I could see reason for scum Colin to want to provoke town Jay, but it doesn't have to be the case.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:11 pm Good: Luna, Mac, Jack, Nutella, Speedchuck

Bad: Quin, Sloonei, Long Con, JJJ
Why? x8
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:14 pm I can elaborate on any of those reads upon request but my laptop is vomiting all over itself so it’s a little hard to be thorough on mobile
I see. I'll wait for all the elaboration.

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 pm [VOTE: SLOONEY] aubergine

I'll try to keep tabs on this tomorrow
:meany:

In conclusion: nothing here that is explicitly bad, but there's also an absence of things that I'd say are definitively good. Imma keep an eye on Colin for now.
This whole thing felt like busy work - why did you post this if there was no conclusion from it, and no substantial takes that could generate discussion?

Also the "Walks back the prior aggression and assigns a "not bad" read to Luna. Why?" pings me because it's like he felt the need to include the "Walks back the prior aggression" part to make this line seem more noteworthy/thought out when it doesn't really mean anything to me
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 am I could see this is a scum dipping their toe in the waters. There's a half-serious implication that Jay's behavior is out of character, which carries with it the potential suggestion that Jay is anti-town, but nutella is not directly taking a stance. Instead she's just floating the possibility that something is amiss here without actually addressing it specifically. :smoky:
Or, you know, she's just observing that Jay said a weird thing.
Again feels like busywork, no conclusion, just two different interpretations so I don't really understand the purpose if he's town

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 am I kinda like this post even though it's not entirely clear what she's saying at any point. She seems to purposefully conceal her reason for suspecting Quin earlier, and gives a vague, but not empty, explanation for her speedchuck vote. I don't take her vagueness here to be the sort of hesitant waffling that I'd associate with scum players. Rather, I see it as a player who's drawing from a real train of thought and not bothering to fill in all the blanks for the thread. There's nothing wrong with that and her words look sincere here. Townie point.
I don't understand why you think it comes from a real train of thought as opposed to hesitant waffling (personally I don't have an opinion on it) so this read feels fake as well
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:30 am [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine again. Because his posts don't offer anything strong to hold onto and if anyone's an opportunistic bad guy of those 5(!?) voters on me right now, it's him.

Holy shit 5 of you decided to vote for me? Get those off. Shameless emotional appeal incoming: I've been screaming for this game to start for a month. Don't lynch me on Day 1. Not to mention that I'm town.
This worked on me :(

--

Jack stuff
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:18 am
speedchuck wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 am How many bad robots do we think there are?
Good way of look at whether people read the rules or not.

This isn't a closed setup, dude. It's an open setup with most details hidden.
So how many bad robots are there?
Hottake: Only one scummed is pretending to not know how this game works and it’s probably this guy.
I like this post, town read it, don't know why but I just do
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:17 pm Hottakes: Nutella (in spite of SC vote) and Mac are town.
I think Jack is town, I guess I'm a sucker for his hot takes

--

Eloh stuff:
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am So, what are we dealing with here? Closed setup, and we don't even know which roles are on the bad team.

So, what is the method of catching someone on Day 1? Ask questions and hope someone slips up?
Create a whirlwind of a thread by facilitating maximal activity. Ask questions, make comments, and hurl accusations at every opportunity. The thread needs to be a pressured and even stressful environment.

I ain’t got no time fo’ dat today so y’all get busy.
So in other words, "y'all get started and get the dirty work done and I will come back in here before the vote and make my assessment on which bandwagon I should jump on." Sounds bad to me. My first accusation is on YOU. Not only just this post. But, this post was given at12:54am. You then go on posting frequently until 3:08am. That is over 2 hours. And you have no time to ask questions, make comments, hurl accusations? There was no opportunity for that? Then you must have slept or something because you came back in the early pm posting exactly 9 hours later. At 1:48pm you talk about what you will do once you feel like actually playing the game. Again, you post frequently for 1 hour (1:48pm-2:42pm) not really saying anything. I do NOT like Jay in Mega-Man, I do not like him, Sam-I-Am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Jack - I always post early on and often. I just don't often say much game related crap because I am too busy trying to keep up with the reading in the little bit of time I have to devote to mafia.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have noticed this unless you were specifically eyeing jay, and I don't understand why you'd do that so I'm suspicious of this - feels like a targeted attack, agendary

--

Mac stuff:

Don't have the quotes but his attention seems to be on nitpicking what, to me just seem like grammatical errors, and poking at them from the 'scumslip' angle. It feels slightly like an easy way to sink his teeth into the thread as mafia - a bit too easy/simple, and I haven't seen anything to make me think he's making any in depth reads yet, and from memory he did that pretty early on last game

But my memory sucks so
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

I'll try to look elsewhere for scum to place my vote on for a while since your emotion appeal got to me but otherwise I may have no choice but to vote you sorry, I'll await your response if you have one too
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:15 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 am I kinda like this post even though it's not entirely clear what she's saying at any point. She seems to purposefully conceal her reason for suspecting Quin earlier, and gives a vague, but not empty, explanation for her speedchuck vote. I don't take her vagueness here to be the sort of hesitant waffling that I'd associate with scum players. Rather, I see it as a player who's drawing from a real train of thought and not bothering to fill in all the blanks for the thread. There's nothing wrong with that and her words look sincere here. Townie point.
I don't understand why you think it comes from a real train of thought as opposed to hesitant waffling (personally I don't have an opinion on it) so this read feels fake as well
I think I should elaborate on this point a bit more - I can't understand why anyone one would come to the conclusion that it seemed more like a genuine train of thought instead of hesitant waffling because I think it could very easily be both and the fact I have no idea where anyone would get that from at all, or where any intuition might be rooted in that, is what I think makes it feel so fake to me - it's not just a 'I disagree so it's fake' thing, I just can't empathise at all with where you might be coming from when you made that read
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:31 pm @Turnip Head what was the last game you were playing mafia during
The same thing we do every night, Kylemii. Try to take over the world.
i guess i worded that badly, what was your most recent mafia endeavor as mafia, in a mafia game? can i have a link
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

has it even happened yet
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't condone a Sloonei lynch. Picking on alien in particular, none of Sloonei's posts appear far off from his usual role as a content facilitator. I think there is some fence-sitting in there (i.e. the 'dipping toes' post), but otherwise he's pretty much within the realms of what I'd expect of town Sloonei.

What I don't agree with is that you call Sloonei's ISO's 'busy work', alien. The point of an ISO is not to enter it with a pre-set conclusion. If one conducts an ISO and has half-hearted feelings at the end, that's a perfectly valid thing to say. The fact that he's doing ISO's on Day 1 in the first place is a good thing.
ImageImageImageImage
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

Going to bed, I guess I'll place my vote on mac for now and see if that goes anywhere, good night!

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

#savesloonei
#stayinschool
ImageImageImageImage
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 am I don't condone a Sloonei lynch. Picking on alien in particular, none of Sloonei's posts appear far off from his usual role as a content facilitator. I think there is some fence-sitting in there (i.e. the 'dipping toes' post), but otherwise he's pretty much within the realms of what I'd expect of town Sloonei.

What I don't agree with is that you call Sloonei's ISO's 'busy work', alien. The point of an ISO is not to enter it with a pre-set conclusion. If one conducts an ISO and has half-hearted feelings at the end, that's a perfectly valid thing to say. The fact that he's doing ISO's on Day 1 in the first place is a good thing.
I agree but if I did an ISO and it had no conclusion or reads or points of discussion in it, I wouldn't post it, unless I wanted to show everyone 'look I'm doing work because I'm town!', and I'd be more likely to do that if I wasn't town because if I was town I don't think I'd even think to do that
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:50 am
Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 am I don't condone a Sloonei lynch. Picking on alien in particular, none of Sloonei's posts appear far off from his usual role as a content facilitator. I think there is some fence-sitting in there (i.e. the 'dipping toes' post), but otherwise he's pretty much within the realms of what I'd expect of town Sloonei.

I agree but if I did an ISO and it had no conclusion or reads or points of discussion in it, I wouldn't post it, unless I wanted to show everyone 'look I'm doing work because I'm town!', and I'd be more likely to do that if I wasn't town because if I was town I don't think I'd even think to do that
If I spend 20 minutes doing an ISO I couldn't give a damn what conclusion I come to - I'm posting it. That's the essence of generating content. If nobody had anything conclusive to say these games would be over before they start.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

id also post it because i love attention
ImageImageImageImage
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:51 am
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:50 am

If I spend 20 minutes doing an ISO I couldn't give a damn what conclusion I come to - I'm posting it. That's the essence of generating content. If nobody had anything conclusive to say these games would be over before they start.
But why bother quoting and writing anything if it's all null? If I do an ISO I read through their posts and anything that sticks out as significant I quote and comment on. If I don't have any opinion either way then I would ignore it because there's no point writing anything for it otherwise. But despite having no opinions on it he wrote stuff about it and posted it anyway
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Here, perfect example.
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:45 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:42 am
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:36 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:33 am
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 am Very initial first impression of the thread: Jay feels off, don't know why though
What does off mean? What are you comparing him to?
Off just means different in a way that's pinging my radar a bit somehow. It's a bit of a vague feeling, not really sure how to articulate it properly.

I'm comparing him to the last game I played with him where he was town
Cool beans. Do you have anything to say about his town read on you?
He has a town read on me?

Also is talking about what we were told in our role PMs allowed? Using that as an argument?
You never answered as to your thoughts on 3J's town read. If I throw that in an ISO, it doesn't matter what I say at the end. If 3J is bad, I've thrown this fact in your face and everyone else's and someone else might pick up on it as potential avoidance of a teammate.

Not saying that's what happened here, but for reasons like this I can't understand why not posting content would ever be a good idea.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Besides what is 'pro-town', the question we should be asking is 'Is it pro-town Sloonei?' The answer is yes, I think.
ImageImageImageImage
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

Eh looking back I think sloon's ISO was a lot emptier/null in my memory than it really is, I thought he'd just quoted a bunch of stuff and saying empty comments on them but most of it was asking 'why?' and then coming to see that he said he'd elaborate later - I think that's what originally made me think it was busywork, that instead of them going 'oh nevermind' and dismissing his ISO he still kept it and posted it

in which case I suppose your point of 'if I spent 20 minutes then I'd keep it' is valid but I don't think that took him 20 minutes, it was small enough I think it took him about 5 minutes so I still find it weird he'd keep it when it didn't have anything substantial to offer even in terms of discussion

and then reading his post about scum dipping their toe in waters I guess he could just be posting that to offer different perspectives for discussion

I probably shouldn't be posting/trying to form reads while I'm this tired to be honest since I don't think I'm retaining my original thoughts very well so they're spiralling into something different than what I actually thought and I'm not even sure how much sense I'm making but I still think his ISO of colin is shady

Also I did sort of respond to jay's town read on me later on when I directly asked jay why he town read me based off such a small thing to which I'm still waiting for a response on actually
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:08 am Eh looking back I think sloon's ISO was a lot emptier/null in my memory than it really is, I thought he'd just quoted a bunch of stuff and saying empty comments on them but most of it was asking 'why?' and then coming to see that he said he'd elaborate later - I think that's what originally made me think it was busywork, that instead of them going 'oh nevermind' and dismissing his ISO he still kept it and posted it

in which case I suppose your point of 'if I spent 20 minutes then I'd keep it' is valid but I don't think that took him 20 minutes, it was small enough I think it took him about 5 minutes so I still find it weird he'd keep it when it didn't have anything substantial to offer even in terms of discussion

and then reading his post about scum dipping their toe in waters I guess he could just be posting that to offer different perspectives for discussion

I probably shouldn't be posting/trying to form reads while I'm this tired to be honest since I don't think I'm retaining my original thoughts very well so they're spiralling into something different than what I actually thought and I'm not even sure how much sense I'm making but I still think his ISO of colin is shady

Also I did sort of respond to jay's town read on me later on when I directly asked jay why he town read me based off such a small thing to which I'm still waiting for a response on actually
Are you saying he did or didn't come to elaborate later? That's a better indicator of his alignment, I think.
ImageImageImageImage
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:11 am
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:08 am Eh looking back I think sloon's ISO was a lot emptier/null in my memory than it really is, I thought he'd just quoted a bunch of stuff and saying empty comments on them but most of it was asking 'why?' and then coming to see that he said he'd elaborate later - I think that's what originally made me think it was busywork, that instead of them going 'oh nevermind' and dismissing his ISO he still kept it and posted it

Are you saying he did or didn't come to elaborate later? That's a better indicator of his alignment, I think.
Colin said he'd elaborate later, so Sloon's post was essentially a quick list of him asking colin a bunch of 'why?'s to colin's reads, then sees colin tell everybody that he'll explain his reads later and says 'I'll wait for this then' - the fact he didn't then dismiss the rest of the questions and kept them, even though it probably only took a couple minutes to write and so I don't think he'd be annoyed to delete them, is what originally gave me the impression of 'busy work' I think. I think I lost that original thought though after I'd fully caught up and commented on each post and posted it since I'm tired so my explanation didn't really make sense
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

And colin hasn't elaborated yet no
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:16 am

Colin said he'd elaborate later, so Sloon's post was essentially a quick list of him asking colin a bunch of 'why?'s to colin's reads, then sees colin tell everybody that he'll explain his reads later and says 'I'll wait for this then' - the fact he didn't then dismiss the rest of the questions and kept them, even though it probably only took a couple minutes to write and so I don't think he'd be annoyed to delete them, is what originally gave me the impression of 'busy work' I think. I think I lost that original thought though after I'd fully caught up and commented on each post and posted it since I'm tired so my explanation didn't really make sense
Sorry, thought you meant Sloonei. But yeah, it'd be good to hear your thoughts after you see Sloonei's thoughts after he see's Colin's thoughts. I thought.
ImageImageImageImage
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 am
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:16 am

Sorry, thought you meant Sloonei. But yeah, it'd be good to hear your thoughts after you see Sloonei's thoughts after he see's Colin's thoughts. I thought.
lol

Anyway, apologies for my comment losing the original thoughts behind them and not matching up with the posts I was quoting, I'm not usually this disorganised in my thoughts, I swear

I'm going to bed now, good night
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:48 am Going to bed, I guess I'll place my vote on mac for now and see if that goes anywhere, good night!

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
I am confused how you went from me being slightly suspicious but not as suspicious as Sloonei to voting for me and not him...

Your reduction of my play to nitpicking grammatical errors is also weird. I am not even sure I have done that once?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dunya »

Apologies for the late check in, you wonderful humans. As Epi graciously said in the OP, I will be the facilitator for this game. Please don't hesitate to PM me for any reason at all; when you're feeling frustrated or upset or want assistance with anything. Even if you just want a quick chat about the weather, I'm your girl. Have fun and remember that we're all friends. :workit:
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:30 am [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine again. Because his posts don't offer anything strong to hold onto and if anyone's an opportunistic bad guy of those 5(!?) voters on me right now, it's him.

Guys, Slooni might be town. He seems genuine.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:22 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:20 am

If you insist.

Why her?

Is it because they're smushing booties?
;airguitar:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei probably is town. Even if he is pushing me to actually hunt. :pout:

I'll probably devote an hour later today to finding someone. Busy day as is. Doubt I'll stay on Sprit, though I'm still weirded out by his buddy-buddy shtick.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention] the primary function of my ISOs is to generate reads for myself and highlight where I’m coming from. A secondary (but still very important) motivation is that they’ll generate content afterwards. I’m not concerned with definitively reading everyone on Day 1; that’s not gonna happen. I am more concerned with establishing a foundation from which I can work later. So for that reason I don’t object to you calling my ISOs “busy work”, since that’s kind of what they are.

But if I appeae to be weak or sitting on any fences, that’s just how I approach Day 1 (let’s remember we’re still in Day 1, everybody). Nothing is clear and nothing is going to be solved. I’m not going to pretend tk have any solidly formed ideas. Day 1 is about throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

As jaggedjimmjay, by the powers gifted to me, i deman reads on Elohcin
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:18 am As jaggedjimmjay, by the powers gifted to me, i deman reads on Elohcin
I acknowledge no demans made by some clownfaced imposter to the throne

The one true king of fuck mountain imbued me with the power to rebuke thee
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day0]

Post by Sloonei »

Producing a read on Elohcin at the command of one JaggedJimmyJay
Elohcin wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 pm As I was working today, Epi told me I had 12 pages to read already. I guess he cannot count.

Looks like I haven't missed much.
nutella wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:17 pm It was a nice quiet Day 0. Nothing happened.
Who are you and what have you done with Jay
I like new Jay.
I take this as a joke. Eloh's just finished talking about the prospect of being swamped with reading. Jay is the player most likely to produce 10 pages of content every minute. She likes this new laid back guy in his place.
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am So, what are we dealing with here? Closed setup, and we don't even know which roles are on the bad team.

So, what is the method of catching someone on Day 1? Ask questions and hope someone slips up?
Create a whirlwind of a thread by facilitating maximal activity. Ask questions, make comments, and hurl accusations at every opportunity. The thread needs to be a pressured and even stressful environment.

I ain’t got no time fo’ dat today so y’all get busy.
So in other words, "y'all get started and get the dirty work done and I will come back in here before the vote and make my assessment on which bandwagon I should jump on." Sounds bad to me. My first accusation is on YOU. Not only just this post. But, this post was given at12:54am. You then go on posting frequently until 3:08am. That is over 2 hours. And you have no time to ask questions, make comments, hurl accusations? There was no opportunity for that? Then you must have slept or something because you came back in the early pm posting exactly 9 hours later. At 1:48pm you talk about what you will do once you feel like actually playing the game. Again, you post frequently for 1 hour (1:48pm-2:42pm) not really saying anything. I do NOT like Jay in Mega-Man, I do not like him, Sam-I-Am.

@Jack - I always post early on and often. I just don't often say much game related crap because I am too busy trying to keep up with the reading in the little bit of time I have to devote to mafia.

This post is not a joke. She means it. I disagree with her take here. For one, Jay was involved in the discussion on the night in question. And, as I've said elsewhere, I don't think "Jay is being lazy, therefore he's scum" is a valid line of suspicion. He's not gonna phone it in just because he's bad. That's, like, the opposite of his M.O.
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 pm Alongside my sus of Jay, I think Quin is civ, I think Mac is civ, I think Sloon could have slipped saying "If I'm Civ" but I see no other signs pointing to baddie, and I am neutral on nutella although she is being kind-of mean overall.

Quin, don't let anything make you guess your coolness.

Nutella, saying things like "naw bish" doesn't make you cool. :P

And what is this love relationship going on between Mac and Nut?

Sloon, I doubt anything happened to Jay on Day 0. I think he was telling the truth.
Series of reads here. The notion of me scumslipping is as far off base as one can get. I was following a rhetorical model I use frequently. I'm not sure how serious Mac was being when he suggested I slipped. Nutella seemed to pick it up tentatively. Elohcin is following them here. I don't like it. I'm also unclear on the meaning of the last sentence in this section. If Jay is her most clearly-defined suspect, why is she holding the position that "nothing happened to him on Day 0"? This would mean that he's either the mafia recruiter or he's town. I do not believe she's clarified this point yet.
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:22 pm I just ready the post where Jay says he meant nothing happened in the thread. That is how I read it, but I still think nothing happened to him personally either. I am not sure anything happened to anyone on Day 0.
This sort of counts as an elaboration, but she does not address the concern that I have. Elohcin, this stance appears to contradict your suspicion on Jay. Can you clarify what you think of him? If nothing happened to him on Day 0, it would mean he didn't get recruited. If he didn't get recruited, he's likely not scum.

I can see reason to be wary of Eloh, but she's probably the #1 player I have the most historical trouble reading so I'm not going to pretend to have confidence in a read right now. There are questions though, and I want her to answer those questions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:44 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:31 pm @Turnip Head what was the last game you were playing mafia during
The same thing we do every night, Kylemii. Try to take over the world.
i guess i worded that badly, what was your most recent mafia endeavor as mafia, in a mafia game? can i have a link
Firefly, The Game
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 am

Nutella and LC substantiated their reads?

How much substantiation does a day 1 case require to not be fart butter?

Let's talk about Colin more because I agree with you.
They picked out unique points in my posts which struck them as suspicious and elaborated on them. The difference I see betweem them and you is that you've picked out points of suspicion indiscriminately: everything I've done has been suspicious and none of it has been elaborated on.

Colin hasn't offered anything strong yet. He's promised on a couple of occasions to deliver things and has yet to do so. His vote on me can easily be seen as weak beandwagoning. These are things that I don't love to see on Day 1 from anybody.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Players who haven't provided enough content to do anything with:
DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
Marmot
novaselinenever
Simon
Soneji
White

Of all those players, I remember Dom making a brief entrance and doing a few small Dom things, and nova voted for Quin on the basis of "funny feelings". I've played with nova a few times and seen his participation fluctuate a bit, but being quiet on Day 1 isn't unusual for him. That said, I can do nothing but scratch my head at his participation so far. I'm still waiting for him to explain the Quin vote more thoroughly. The rest of these names are a big collective shrug.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”