23%
Pac Man (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
K-Ness
Posts in topic: 79

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 5]

Post by K-Ness »

For the record, I've been here for the entire game. It's just that every time I open my mouth, I'm pegged as mafia. When I'm quiet, I'm pegged as mafia. I think if I stick around, I can become this site's malakim.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 323
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

dyslexicon

linki: just do your best :hugs: I'd rather you talk than not
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Stop me if you’ve heard this one.

A townie walks into a bar. He votes for an inactive over a player he somewhat suspects, figuring if the inactive is town, he’s screwed anyway. Inactive is town. Scum wins.

Here’s a better joke.

Townie walks into a bar and lynches a player he suspects over an inactive. Suspect is town but the inactive player can’t make a nightkill so the townie lynches him and wins.

I’ve also heard it told with an alternate ending where the mod allows someone who wasn’t playing at all to win or replaces in someone to immediately win and there are riots. Or everyone inactive gets modkilled.

Overall, I’m sick to death of the first joke and I don’t want to tell it again. I’m not going to vote for a player with 1-5 NAI posts and I’m not gonna give a gth read on a non participant. If that is a losing strategy this game, fuck this game.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

It's much less helpful for me, the new guy, if I have 100 "SCUM TOWN TOWN TOWN NULL SCUM NULL SCUM TOWN" posts to keep current with whilst attempting to catch up on the topics of the day.

Marmot posted while allegedly silenced? Can someone tell me about that?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

K-Ness wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:47 am For the record, I've been here for the entire game. It's just that every time I open my mouth, I'm pegged as mafia. When I'm quiet, I'm pegged as mafia. I think if I stick around, I can become this site's malakim.
Please do, we need a new one.

Any particular reason there are exactly four scum on your list there?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 am Stop me if you’ve heard this one.

JOKE 1: A townie walks into a bar. He votes for an inactive over a player he somewhat suspects, figuring if the inactive is town, he’s screwed anyway. Inactive is town. Scum wins.

Here’s a better joke.

JOKE 2: Townie walks into a bar and lynches a player he suspects over an inactive. Suspect is town but the inactive player can’t make a nightkill so the townie lynches him and wins.

JOKE 3: I’ve also heard it told with an alternate ending where the mod allows someone who wasn’t playing at all to win or replaces in someone to immediately win and there are riots. Or everyone inactive gets modkilled.

Overall, I’m sick to death of the first joke and I don’t want to tell it again. I’m not going to vote for a player with 1-5 NAI posts and I’m not gonna give a gth read on a non participant. If that is a losing strategy this game, fuck this game.
Problem with Joke 2 is that some of these guys are active on site and NOT POSTING.

But yeah, sure
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:36 am

Kness is weird. I have a feeling he should be able to do more after 4 days/nights than what I can recollect off him
Please help a guy new to this site out. What exactly should I be able to do? I'm trying to get a feel for everyone here. I come from a place where claiming and powers are used to help figure things out, but here we can't claim, and powers don't seem to be as helpful in determining who is mafia (partly because we can't claim). I want to be helpful. I want us to win, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do other than read other peoples' posts to get a "feel" for them and then apparently post a lot of back and forth banter (which honestly seems like it just ends up being a tool used against players later on for lynches that either make so no sense or are just an angry mob looking to lash out).

Seriously, I'm struggling here.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 am Marmot posted while allegedly silenced? Can someone tell me about that?
Quin was silenced/imprisoned one day. We know because he told us and was noticeably absent. (as compared to other inactives.)

We thought Marmot had the same problem the next day, because he said he'd post and he didn't... until like 2 hours before dayend. This is how I remember it, though I was in fever haze at the time.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:14 am If I we're allowed to ride the fence on one decision, it'd be quin
For me, it’s Alien/Bullseye/Kness.

Wooooo.
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50 am
K-Ness wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:47 am For the record, I've been here for the entire game. It's just that every time I open my mouth, I'm pegged as mafia. When I'm quiet, I'm pegged as mafia. I think if I stick around, I can become this site's malakim.
Please do, we need a new one.

Any particular reason there are exactly four scum on your list there?
There should be exactly four scum left by my calculation: Wily plus three other robot masters. There are others that ping me, but these are the four mains. So if I believe they're the four remaining mafia, the others have to be Town/Neutral/Other.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:35 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:23 am thats fine, we reconvene at top of the hour We'll do what we can

Im gonna tag everyone playing to see who shows up

@Quin
@DFaraday
@DrWilgy
@Long Con
@novaselinenever
@Kylemii
@Bullzeye
@Soneji
@K-Ness
@DharmaHelper
@Marmot
Listen here you lil fuckboi
:haha:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 am Marmot posted while allegedly silenced? Can someone tell me about that?
I was mistaken

he wasnt silenced
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 am
Quin was silenced/imprisoned one day. We know because he told us and was noticeably absent. (as compared to other inactives.)

We thought Marmot had the same problem the next day, because he said he'd post and he didn't... until like 2 hours before dayend. This is how I remember it, though I was in fever haze at the time.
So what you're saying is a guy notorious for giving perhaps even a negative amount of fucks didn't follow through on a statement of his until he felt like it and people have jumped down his throat claiming he must be lynched for it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 am

So what you're saying is a guy notorious for giving perhaps even a negative amount of fucks didn't follow through on a statement of his until he felt like it and people have jumped down his throat claiming he must be lynched for it.
that's not the reason people suspect him, if not the WHOLE reason
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

K-Ness wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:45 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am ROUND 1

BULLZEYE
DFARADAY
Mafia
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 am ROUND 2

DYSLEXICON
DRWILGY
Town
Town

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 am ROUND 3

JACKOFHEARTS2005
DOM
Town
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:05 am ROUND 4

ALIEN/DHARMAHELPER
LONG CON
Mafia
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:06 am ROUND 5

KNESS
KYLEMII
Town
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:09 am ROUND 6

MARMOT
SONEJI
Mafia
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:10 am ROUND 7

QUIN
SPEEDCHUCK
Mafia
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:12 am FINAL ROUND

NOVA
SPRITYO
TURNIP HEAD
Town
Town
Town
GTH exact count scumread. :noble: :rolleyes:

:ponder:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

K-Ness wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:52 am

Kness is weird. I have a feeling he should be able to do more after 4 days/nights than what I can recollect off him
Please help a guy new to this site out. What exactly should I be able to do? I'm trying to get a feel for everyone here. I come from a place where claiming and powers are used to help figure things out, but here we can't claim, and powers don't seem to be as helpful in determining who is mafia (partly because we can't claim). I want to be helpful. I want us to win, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do other than read other peoples' posts to get a "feel" for them and then apparently post a lot of back and forth banter (which honestly seems like it just ends up being a tool used against players later on for lynches that either make so no sense or are just an angry mob looking to lash out).

You seem to have a pretty good feel for the site. :haha:

I came from a site like that too. It took me a few games to get used to the new playstyle. More than once I messed up and semi-claimed or got myself lynched. My winrate (especially as scum) has gone up since then, and I'm getting to like the new playstyle more. It has to do more with analyzing motivations, player interactions, playstyles, and other such things instead of 'solving' the game with roles.

Less logic, more reads. Which are hard to do when you're new.

Just give us as many thoughts as possible regarding the posts made by other players. Don't worry if they don't make full sense or if you aren't confident. Act like you are. We'll use your contributions, keeping in mind that you're new, and try to figure out the rest.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Banter is how we find contradictions. If you think 9/10 players is town. say so. Explain it as best you can. That's how i think of it. But what helped everyone, is staying active. is the thread slow? think of something that might be good to discuss. See something you dont like? explore it
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 am
If Salvador Dahli made a rainbow list

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:59 am
K-Ness wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:45 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am ROUND 1

BULLZEYE
DFARADAY
Mafia
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 am ROUND 2

DYSLEXICON
DRWILGY
Town
Town

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 am ROUND 3

JACKOFHEARTS2005
DOM
Town
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:05 am ROUND 4

ALIEN/DHARMAHELPER
LONG CON
Mafia
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:06 am ROUND 5

KNESS
KYLEMII
Town
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:09 am ROUND 6

MARMOT
SONEJI
Mafia
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:10 am ROUND 7

QUIN
SPEEDCHUCK
Mafia
Town
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:12 am FINAL ROUND

NOVA
SPRITYO
TURNIP HEAD
Town
Town
Town
GTH exact count scumread. :noble: :rolleyes:

:ponder:
I already got a response from him about that.

I'm cool with it. He did GTH like a reads list, which is fine since we didn't explain it another way.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot is being scumread for his interactions with Luna, as well as some other small things. IMO, the silence bit isn't a factor.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I'm gonna take a little break. I'm hoping to see great stuff when i get back :beer:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Marmot wasn't silenced, stop spreading fake news. He blatantly waited until the last minute to post and vote.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:05 am I'm gonna take a little break. I'm hoping to see great stuff when i get back :beer:
Nobody post.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ISO your most ??? player. Try to decide if townies or goons would say those things and why. Then report back.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Speed, lay down that Sprityo case you teased.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 am

that's not the reason people suspect him, if not the WHOLE reason
It reads to me from the last 1-5 pages or so that I've read, the idea is that Marmot was "supposed" to be lynched over Simon but this Gemini guy stepped in and put the ol' kybash on that, and now everyone's like "Oi wut? Marmot got saved by Gemini, and also Marmot was 'silenced', so like lets kill Marmot?"

Here are 3 possibilities as I see 'em.

1. Marmot is Gemini and saved himself. Either bad Gemini and saved himself maliciously or Good Gemini and saved himself without knowing Simon was also a civ
2. Gemini is a civ and for some reason saved Marmot over Simon. Either Gemini suspected Simon more or figured for some reason Marmot was being stitched up
3. Gemini is bad, and since from what I gather the mafia are putting the screws to active players, figured "Hey you know what would be funny? Using my fun extra vote to frame Marmot who won't fight back and lynch Simon now, and lets let the town hang the Marmot"

Have I got that about sorted?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:37 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:00 am Jackofhearts2005 do you think it's possible that speedchuck would subtly appeal to you specifically with things that would make you lean not-bad on him?
Yes. I’ve seen his scumgame up close and in fast forward in Pirates and caught him dead to rights in AG. If he’s tayloring his scumgame to any living player to throw them off, it’s me. Also, I’m known to be self centered and Speed stayed away from or nixed the Jack wagons or floated Jack suspicion. That’s the only behavior of his that fits this pattern that I can see off the top of my head but it’s absolutely something he would do.
What's interesting to me is that speedchuck didn't react to this until after you did.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:02 am

Marmot is being scumread for his interactions with Luna, as well as some other small things. IMO, the silence bit isn't a factor.
I'll read that now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:00 am

You seem to have a pretty good feel for the site. :haha:

I came from a site like that too. It took me a few games to get used to the new playstyle. More than once I messed up and semi-claimed or got myself lynched. My winrate (especially as scum) has gone up since then, and I'm getting to like the new playstyle more. It has to do more with analyzing motivations, player interactions, playstyles, and other such things instead of 'solving' the game with roles.

Less logic, more reads. Which are hard to do when you're new.

Just give us as many thoughts as possible regarding the posts made by other players. Don't worry if they don't make full sense or if you aren't confident. Act like you are. We'll use your contributions, keeping in mind that you're new, and try to figure out the rest.
Thanks. I appreciate the words of advice.

As an aside, Marmot was on the chopping block and spoke very little to try to save himself. The only reason he wasn't lynched was because of Gemini Man tying up the lynch vote. On one hand, I think "It's mafia trying to save him." On the other, I think "That was a really risky gamble, as ties are likely determined at random." Also, this reveals what Gemini Man can do in a way, which doesn't seem like it would be smart for the mafia to reveal on a chance saving.

Also, if this place's mafia players are anything like on the realms, Mafia tend to beg moderators to replace low post/inactive players. We've only one replacement, and it wasn't the one I would have expected.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also, if this place's mafia players are anything like on the realms, Mafia tend to beg moderators to replace low post/inactive players. We've only one replacement, and it wasn't the one I would have expected.
Wait

Is that not true

Is that untrue

Is that a lie

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon subbed in also, I forget who for, but it was earlier in the game
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If Marmot is town, Gemini Man is scum and almost certain Speedchuck.

If Marmot is scum and not Gemini Man, same conclusion.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:16 am Dyslexicon subbed in also, I forget who for, but it was earlier in the game
Hey fuckface you know what would be super helpful and great is if when I lay a trap for mafia to fall into you don't shit yourself and break the trap

ImageImage
ImageImage
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some deeper ISOs later. When I did the GTH, I only checked the players I had no feel for (to discover they had maybe 2 posts total, which explained the feeling).
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:18 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:16 am Dyslexicon subbed in also, I forget who for, but it was earlier in the game
Hey fuckface you know what would be super helpful and great is if when I lay a trap for mafia to fall into you don't shit yourself and break the trap
P.S hi how are you good to be playing with you again I love you :hug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:15 am
Wait

Is that not true

Is that untrue

Is that a lie
Who are the other replacements?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:18 am
This man is town
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

K-Ness wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am
Wait

Is that not true

Is that untrue

Is that a lie

ImageImage
ImageImage
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

Oh... and early replacement. Like, super early. And I just noticed the mod doesn't list replacements in the player list on the front page.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

When K-Ness said "we only have one replacement" did he mean "we the game" or "we the mafia team"

ImageImage
ImageImage
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:20 am
K-Ness wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am
Wait

Is that not true

Is that untrue

Is that a lie
You just replaced Alien, which I knew because I read the opening of the day phase. Forgive me for forgetting Dyslexicon was also a replacement, since it was a rather long while ago.
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:25 am When K-Ness said "we only have one replacement" did he mean "we the game" or "we the mafia team"
You know what I meant. Quit reaching.
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

I'll be back in a bit. I have some errands to run.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

How did *I* know Dyslexicon was a replacement if I'd just subbed in

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:27 am How did *I* know Dyslexicon was a replacement if I'd just subbed in
Didn’t you asked like, last page?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:30 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:27 am How did *I* know Dyslexicon was a replacement if I'd just subbed in
Didn’t you asked like, last page?
Wow ur rite that info is on the last page of this very game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The correct answer is "DH is reading Marmot's ISO and Day 3 Marmot says Dyslexicon is a replacement player"

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Don’t take DH’s tactic as personal Kness. I think he’s just putting his foot where it can fit
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DH, what do you make of the people voting marmot currently?
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”