Pac Man (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Mega Man Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by dunya »

You did resemble Mountain Mafia speed more than mafia speed tbh...and the win cons seemed as hard to acquire in both. :p
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:24 pm Uh, I don't think a person's integrity should ever be questioned when lying as a mafioso.

And I don't think a mafia team's win should ever be questioned because they didn't kill off inactives instead of active players. That's a load of poop, I'm sorry
Then no one should be cleared for the idea that they would never kill active players or something like that. That's what was happening in this game. I agree with you 100%.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 pm You did resemble Mountain Mafia speed more than mafia speed tbh...and the win cons seemed as hard to acquire in both. :p
I didn't melt down QUITE as hard here... but it was close.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:47 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:24 pm Uh, I don't think a person's integrity should ever be questioned when lying as a mafioso.

And I don't think a mafia team's win should ever be questioned because they didn't kill off inactives instead of active players. That's a load of poop, I'm sorry
Then no one should be cleared for the idea that they would never kill active players or something like that. That's what was happening in this game. I agree with you 100%.
It's the civilians who do the clearing, so not the lying Mafioso's fault if he or she is cleared by telling a lie that Town chose to believe. :p At least now people will think twice before making any assumptions :feb:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Regardless, rocking setup as always, Epi.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:58 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 pm You did resemble Mountain Mafia speed more than mafia speed tbh...and the win cons seemed as hard to acquire in both. :p
I was worried I had made your win condition too easy.

You nailed the code word on your first try after like three letters.

All you needed to do was lynch Wily.

So did all of the other civilians. Your win condition at that point was incredibly easy comparatively speaking- you just didn't meet it like they didn't meet theirs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:03 pm Regardless, rocking setup as always, Epi.
Glad you enjoyed it, though I also wish it were played at full strength.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Well, I supposed you should drop the "I would never do X as a mafioso" stuff then. A lot of people have certain things they say they'd never do, and it kind of breaks the immersion of the game. That's akin to having a truth meta.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

literally the only point in establishing any sort of reputation is so you can subvert it sometimes
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

The only "integrity" beef I have against baddies is when they use the "Real Life sucks for me right now" excuse to get out of suspicion. It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore but I remember when it used to come up all the time, and it sucked cuz you'd feel guilty about genuinely suspecting someone who rolled mafia.

NKing a player and then saying "I wouldn't do that" doesn't compromise your real life principles, it's a valid strategy cuz you're supposed to lie about that kinda shit. It's a deception within the game itself.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 pm

Well, I supposed you should drop the "I would never do X as a mafioso" stuff then. A lot of people have certain things they say they'd never do, and it kind of breaks the immersion of the game. That's akin to having a truth meta.
Oh, I never picked that up... I don't think I offered my take on whether or not I'd NK JJJ night 1 etc. It was frustrating to deal with when I was suspecting Kyle.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:15 pm The only "integrity" beef I have against baddies is when they use the "Real Life sucks for me right now" excuse to get out of suspicion. It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore but I remember when it used to come up all the time, and it sucked cuz you'd feel guilty about genuinely suspecting someone who rolled mafia.

NKing a player and then saying "I wouldn't do that" doesn't compromise your real life principles, it's a valid strategy cuz you're supposed to lie about that kinda shit. It's a deception within the game itself.
There are a few exceptions, for instance I would never nightkill my wife, Black Rock, on Night 1. Not because I love her so much, but because she would be genuinely pissed off at me and I'd have to deal with that beyond Mafia. No goddamn way I'm doing that. So I guess it's unfortunate, a real blow to the integrity of the game, but I can't help that 'it is what it is'.

I think those genuine instances are extremely rare. I look forward to more brave souls like Kyle shucking their preconceptions and tossing the community on its head a little bit.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Just talked to her and she's like "You DID kill me night 1, back on The Piano!" So I guess I'm that badass.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

In case it wasn't clear my previous post wasn't meant at anyone in specific. I kind of fell in here with a parachute.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Speaking of Black Rock, why isn't she playing mafia with us? Tell her I said hi :)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have some rules too, like I don't lynch or kill site newcomers in the first cycle. But that's more of a courtesy thing. And I'm willing to throw that rule away if it becomes clear it's critical to the gameplay, but normally it's not.

If you are mafia you should be willing to lie and fool people. You should also be willing to kill everyone in the player list, as well as spare them if it's necessary. That's the premise of the game. If you blow those things on purpose you are kind of breaking the game's balance.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 pm I have some rules too, like I don't lynch or kill site newcomers in the first cycle. But that's more of a courtesy thing. And I'm willing to throw that rule away if it becomes clear it's critical to the gameplay, but normally it's not.

If you are mafia you should be willing to lie and fool people. You should also be willing to kill everyone in the player list, as well as spare them if it's necessary. That's the premise of the game. If you blow those things on purpose you are kind of breaking the game's balance.
I like the newcomers rule.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:33 pm Speaking of Black Rock, why isn't she playing mafia with us? Tell her I said hi :)
She fears she doesn't know how to play Mafia anymore! :o You might get to see her when I host Mafia: A World Asunder. ;)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:15 pm The only "integrity" beef I have against baddies is when they use the "Real Life sucks for me right now" excuse to get out of suspicion. It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore but I remember when it used to come up all the time, and it sucked cuz you'd feel guilty about genuinely suspecting someone who rolled mafia.

Agreed. Also, hating quiet players and shooting them has nothing to do with my in game integrity, which I assure you all does not exist.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:58 pm
I was worried I had made your win condition too easy.

You nailed the code word on your first try after like three letters.

All you needed to do was lynch Wily.

So did all of the other civilians. Your win condition at that point was incredibly easy comparatively speaking- you just didn't meet it like they didn't meet theirs.
*cough* only had one letter *cough*
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Courtesy of the master, Long Con:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Secret: nobody knows how to play mafia. We just pretend.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:26 am Secret: nobody knows how to play mafia. We just pretend.
:srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Bullzeye »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:26 am Secret: nobody knows how to play mafia. We just pretend.
Speak for yourself, I don’t even pretend I know what I’m doing!
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

2 out of my last 3 games were W's. Neato burrito.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

We won!!! Wow, way to go team! Sorry for dropping the ball on the day Simon was lynched, but DH came through huge in the replacement role. I don't know how he made until the game end (well almost game end).
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:42 pm Thanks for killing me night 1, seriously (whoever did that). That was the first time that has ever happened to me on The Syndicate.
You're welcome. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

When I got it I got it, what can I say.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 am Regardless of what we all may say though, killing active players isn't a bad strategy. It's not up the the mafia to make sure that they're leaving enough active players alive to generate discussion. Their job is literally the opposite. It's town's responsibility to make up for those losses.
I don't care about nightkilling active players as much as I care about nightkilling dangerous players.

Like, Jay might be the most consistently active player ever, and he may hold a suspicion of me. But of all the players I've ever played with, he's the most likely player to discuss and diminish his own scumread of a player and keep the blinders off. Sure we killed him Night 1 here, but in that respect, that makes him less dangerous of an opposing player then one might assume.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”