:wiz:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Hogwarts Mafia

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:56 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:57 pm The story behind my Pottermore patronus is even more personal and sad and happy and cute than the story behind my knowledge of the books lol.
For anyone who wants to cry tonight or who wants a peek behind the Kayfabe of my mafia-persona.

Spoiler: show
For context, a "Patronus" is essentially the embodiment of a happy memory that wizards use to either fight Dementors (who feed off negative energy, fear, sadness, bad memories, etc) or sometimes they can be used to send messages or w/e. They usually take the form of an animal. Anyway...

So a few years (Like 8 or 9) ago I had this dog, some of you might remember from IRC chats or w/e. Fat Beagle that we got literally on a whim outside some gym or family/fitness center where they had a bunch of dogs they were looking to get adopted. This dumbass literally walks right up to me. I walk him up the sidewalk for a bit and then we both get tired and I sit down to pet him but he lays his head on my lap like a jerk. Hoo do I not love this guy and take him home lol.

Anyway he'd sleep with me every night and like, right up on my legs he'd curl up like a puzzle piece and fit right in there. Every night.

Then when he passed 4-5 years ago I got all torn up about it. And I dunno when the Pottermore site added the Patronus thing where you can go on there and answer some questions and it'll show you your Patronus with a little animation and let you play with it and watch it move on the screen or w/e but I remember thinking "You know what fuck it" after seeing everyone posting about it on Twitter so I go and answer the questions and I remember distinctly thinking "If this fucking website tells me my Patronus is a beagle I'm going to cry my face off" and sure enough the site said my Patronus was not just a dog (there were several types of dogs I saw other people have on Twitter so I know its not just "Dog" or "cat" or "bird") but I got a beagle.
Anyway that's why I believe in magic.

Ok that's awesome.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:57 pm The story behind my Pottermore patronus is even more personal and sad and happy and cute than the story behind my knowledge of the books lol.
For anyone who wants to cry tonight or who wants a peek behind the Kayfabe of my mafia-persona.

For context, a "Patronus" is essentially the embodiment of a happy memory that wizards use to either fight Dementors (who feed off negative energy, fear, sadness, bad memories, etc) or sometimes they can be used to send messages or w/e. They usually take the form of an animal. Anyway...

So a few years (Like 8 or 9) ago I had this dog, some of you might remember from IRC chats or w/e. Fat Beagle that we got literally on a whim outside some gym or family/fitness center where they had a bunch of dogs they were looking to get adopted. This dumbass literally walks right up to me. I walk him up the sidewalk for a bit and then we both get tired and I sit down to pet him but he lays his head on my lap like a jerk. Hoo do I not love this guy and take him home lol.

Anyway he'd sleep with me every night and like, right up on my legs he'd curl up like a puzzle piece and fit right in there. Every night.

Then when he passed 4-5 years ago I got all torn up about it. And I dunno when the Pottermore site added the Patronus thing where you can go on there and answer some questions and it'll show you your Patronus with a little animation and let you play with it and watch it move on the screen or w/e but I remember thinking "You know what fuck it" after seeing everyone posting about it on Twitter so I go and answer the questions and I remember distinctly thinking "If this fucking website tells me my Patronus is a beagle I'm going to cry my face off" and sure enough the site said my Patronus was not just a dog (there were several types of dogs I saw other people have on Twitter so I know its not just "Dog" or "cat" or "bird") but I got a beagle.
I remember that dog DH and how sad it was for you and your family and then for us on IRC when it passed. And how ironic that your patronus was a beagle. Now there is Storm and I hope he is doing well and I'm sure he is loved by the whole family, though I know he can't replace the one thats passed. Good story.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:26 pm

I remember that dog DH and how sad it was for you and your family and then for us on IRC when it passed. And how ironic that your patronus was a beagle. Now there is Storm and I hope he is doing well and I'm sure he is loved by the whole family, though I know he can't replace the one thats passed. Good story.
Oh Storm's great. And he's doing really well. We may even get him a friend coming up here soon which will be funny because he's so protective and such an attention hog but he's not got a mean bone in his body
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh I just realized I didn't say anything but in case it's not obvious:

Day 0 does not award House points. THis is just for checking in.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hell yeah Gryffindor is in first place

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I haven't seen a Harry Potter movie in 82 years
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

consulted with the ol' Tazo Brand Passion Tea Leaves and they told me that this is the entire mafia:

ColinIsCool
JaggedJimmyJay
nutella
Jackofhearts2005
timmer
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

tried it again this is what the Tazo Brand leaves said to me:

Macdougall
Armahelper
Juliets
Insertnamehere
Coliniscool
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

Confirmed: DH is Charlie Brown.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75

Post by karavalenge »

Green Two standing by.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Vin Diesel? How did I get Vin Diesel?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

:puppy:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

harry potter and the goblet is the best book but the worst movie and if you disagree im killing you first
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

My patronus is apparently a tortoiseshell cat? I'm a cat person, but why that type?

Pretty good tho.

linki: I disagree.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Could be the worst movie though.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Movie 4 is poop but might not be the worst because 3 and 6 fight really hard for that title.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:45 pm harry potter and the goblet is the best book but the worst movie and if you disagree im killing you first
I came here to express this exact opinion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Movie 4 is probably the worst in a more global sense.

But 3 casually forgets to explain the main plot and 6 casually skips the main battle of the book.

Ugh these films.

Best ones are 5 and 7. They are the only ones I'd call really good adaptions.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lapluie »

helo checking in
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:58 pm Movie 4 is probably the worst in a more global sense.

But 3 casually forgets to explain the main plot and 6 casually skips the main battle of the book.

Ugh these films.

8 was pretty bad. If by 7 you mean DH part 1, then okay.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yeah part 1. It does a good job at capturing the whole dark atmosphere of the first half of the book.

As for 5 it captures the empire of Umbridge and the DA thing perfectly, and that's satisfying for me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What's the one in which
Snape kills Dumbledore?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

Aw DH's story is sad :(

Anyway y'all are hp noobs lol and juliets is sus for putting ravenclaw in the slytherin color in her sig
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also inh totally should have been slytherin lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

God the sixth movie was so bad though ugh they skipped all the good parts of the book and instead spent 90% of the film on the stupid parts
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But yeah DH part 1 was great. That tale of the three brothers animation..... damnn
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 pm What's the one in which
Snape kills Dumbledore?
HBP?

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 pm Aw DH's story is sad :(

Anyway y'all are hp noobs lol and juliets is sus for putting ravenclaw in the slytherin color in her sig
lol, I didn't realize there was a color associated with the house. I was just trying to make it a different color than Yunqui -
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Huh, it's weird to see everyone hating on all the films, I assumed they were well regarded. Or maybe that was just the case for my my super obsessed college roommate, who had horrible taste in movies anyway.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:09 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 pm Aw DH's story is sad :(

lol, I didn't realize there was a color associated with the house. I was just trying to make it a different color than Yunqui -
:disappoint: like I said, noobs
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Snape kills Dumbledore?
:fist:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I should mention that my starting spells are all Abra Garbaggio so unless we somehow learn new ones I'm not at all worth killing.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:25 pm Yeah part 1. It does a good job at capturing the whole dark atmosphere of the first half of the book.

As for 5 it captures the empire of Umbridge and the DA thing perfectly, and that's satisfying for me.
they deleted the scene between harry and petunia tho
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:58 pm Movie 4 is probably the worst in a more global sense.

Ugh these films.

The fourth movie eliminated too many plot elements and came off as just a compilation of monster battles with Voldemort as the final boss.

Plus it's always bothered me to no end that they completely eliminated Ludo Bagman. Without him there's no reason for Harry to give his prize money to Fred and George, thus there's no explanation later as to why they're able to open and operate their shop. What, are we supposed to just believe that did it by magic?

It's been too long since I've seen any of the others to have specific gripes. I just remember being especially disappointed by Goblet of Fire because it was my favorite book.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

harry p_____ and the order of the p_____
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

GET IT
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Snape kills Dumbledore?
6. Half-Blood Prince.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Ugh these films.

The fourth movie eliminated too many plot elements and came off as just a compilation of monster battles with Voldemort as the final boss.

Plus it's always bothered me to no end that they completely eliminated Ludo Bagman. Without him there's no reason for Harry to give his prize money to Fred and George, thus there's no explanation later as to why they're able to open and operate their shop. What, are we supposed to just believe that did it by magic?

It's been too long since I've seen any of the others to have specific gripes. I just remember being especially disappointed by Goblet of Fire because it was my favorite book.
plus seeing hermione own rita skeeter was so satisfying in the books
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Hufflepou ~ Image

@DH all dogs go to heaven :hug:
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

The movies really shined in some places, but having read the books first, the movies ended up subpar. Great aesthetic and a few good moments, perfect casting for preteen Harry Potter and for Snape, the feeling of the movies was perfect. There were a lot of things left out of movies that they needed, and the overall story was mutilated in some places. The final Harry vs Voldemort battle was awful, for one.

Decent movies if it weren't for the books though
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:13 pm
Snape kills Dumbledore?
Why are you shaking your fist?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:58 pm The movies really shined in some places, but having read the books first, the movies ended up subpar. Great aesthetic and a few good moments, perfect casting for preteen Harry Potter and for Snape, the feeling of the movies was perfect. There were a lot of things left out of movies that they needed, and the overall story was mutilated in some places. The final Harry vs Voldemort battle was awful, for one.

Decent movies if it weren't for the books though
the book made the point that voldemort was no more than a man in death

and yet the movie decided to complete disregard that

shame
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:31 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:13 pm
Snape kills Dumbledore?
Why are you shaking your fist?
because I didn't know!!

but I'm mostly kidding because I can't expect to play a game called Hogwarts and not be spoiled.

And yes I know you put it in spoiler tags - I just automatically clicked on it thinking it wasn't really a spoiler, it was more likely a joke, lol.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

There's gotta be a statute of limitations on spoilers lol these books are like 20 years old. Juliets were you saving Harry Potter for some special occasion? :o
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:22 pm
TFW I'm late to Quidditch practice

Starting early I see, I wonder if that will make you a friend or a foe. Pottermore has put me in Gryffindor or Slytherin in the past, but I Googled Hufflepuff. I might be a Hufflepuff in actuality, but I'm really unsure. I personally enjoy the Prisoner of Azkaban PC game.

*is confused why the color rule is necessary and I'm not sure if that would be off-topic or not*
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:02 pm What the hell is Pottermore?
Shun the non-believer...shunnn
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:27 pm Greetings, my friends! I know very little about Harry Potter - never read the books, seem some but not all of the movies. That said, I only wanted to be in one ‘house’ and as luck would have it, it’s the one I got! :yay:
hi housemate!!! *Owner watches ASMR video to prep for this house*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets and I are not teammates.

There. Go. Find bad guys.

Return to “Previous Jobs”