Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 1

Post by DharmaHelper »

And why is Kara posting 1 picture of a good guy a "Picture Tell" and Poutanko going out of her way to post several offsite emotes not "picture tell"
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Jay
do you have a "good" read on Glorfindel because he stroked your ego (he said you're a good player, yet to be proven, I only see nutcase :smile:), "good" read on Novase who has 0 post and it's "bad" for Lapluie who only has 1 post because you're just good at reading people or because you know for sure they are? Teach me how to read people without post, O senpai ~ Image

Kara
>"I am a town. Or else I'd look scum by not following along with it."
>"No, I clearly didn't want to say it myself, but felt like I was pressured to."
when no one pressured her/asked her directly/no vote on her Image
Based on what she said, she only had played 1 game before this one aka newbie. I'm aware if newbie player tend to do scummy things without them intending to do so but those 2 posts gave me impression she wanted to maintain a certain image instead of just being herself. Is it normal for real town to worry like that?

Bullzeye
Already addressed by several other players with his weird vote and comment he left before voting.

LongCon
What he said about Bullzeye and him thinking those who sussed Bull as weird make his reaction the weird one to me. Which part of Bull's post/vote timing/vote choice that looks normal to him?
Spoiler: show
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Just to be clear my stance has not been, will not be, and is not "Owner is bad at mafia" or "Owner is a bad player" or anything close. My stance is "Build your evidence and your cases based on this game, the game you're in right now, and be consistent with what you say and do."

- Vaguely Meta-Reading me based on 1 incorrect game is frustrating but not on the whole baddie indicative.
- Basing *this games* suspicion on that meta-read is.
- Not answering questions that are posed to you is.
- I don't like the Kara Picture Tell Read thing, because it is inconsistent with what you've told me Picture Tell is supposed to mean. Not to mention the whole concept is complete voodoo astrology nonsense.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:07 am
The reason I thought is was strange that Owner lists you as "null" was because she seemed to have opinions on everyone else she interacted with except you.
Those were my thoughts, and admittedly I threw out my "gut read" post without a ton of thought, but it was close to EOD, and I thought it might be useful for discussion.
I'm supposed to have more opinions on the guy who barely posted all day and grinded me cause I thought he stopped by? But because of the poll system, you can't just view the votes in order oh no you have to look at the thread and hope players let you know when they voted and how many votes there were when they voted.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:46 pm Just to be clear my stance has not been, will not be, and is not "Owner is bad at mafia" or "Owner is a bad player" or anything close. My stance is "Build your evidence and your cases based on this game, the game you're in right now, and be consistent with what you say and do."

- Vaguely Meta-Reading me based on 1 incorrect game is frustrating but not on the whole baddie indicative.
- I don't like the Kara Picture Tell Read thing, because it is inconsistent with what you've told me Picture Tell is supposed to mean. Not to mention the whole concept is complete voodoo astrology nonsense.
I did answer questions, whether or not you like the response or choose to accept my answer is other thing entirely. What did I tell the picture tell was?
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm And why is Kara posting 1 picture of a good guy a "Picture Tell" and Poutanko going out of her way to post several offsite emotes not "picture tell"
Owner said mine was not picture tell but my popcorn emoji is Image
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:51 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:46 pm Just to be clear my stance has not been, will not be, and is not "Owner is bad at mafia" or "Owner is a bad player" or anything close. My stance is "Build your evidence and your cases based on this game, the game you're in right now, and be consistent with what you say and do."

I did answer questions, whether or not you like the response or choose to accept my answer is other thing entirely. What did I tell the picture tell was?
You said in firefly that I subconciously associated with Negan and Thanos therefore I was bad. Kara's comic strip is of a bumbling Hagrid, therefore she is bad? Hagrid is good.

Also you dodged every single one of JC's questions.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:52 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm And why is Kara posting 1 picture of a good guy a "Picture Tell" and Poutanko going out of her way to post several offsite emotes not "picture tell"
Owner said mine was not picture tell but my popcorn emoji is Image
No, that's not a picture tell. That falls under a different tell.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

I guess one might call it the popcorn eating tell.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I gotta go get in some RDR2 before the flood of trick-or-treaters.

ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:55 pm I guess one might call it the popcorn eating tell.
... ok Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:43 pm Jay
do you have a "good" read on Glorfindel because he stroked your ego (he said you're a good player, yet to be proven, I only see nutcase :smile:)
I am the greatest player to ever grace this green Earth with my presence. There never has been nor never will be anyone like me ever again. You may take this assertion as seriously as you like.

I read Glorfindel as good because he has exhibited behavior that reminds me of previous examples of good Glorfindel -- not merely that he defended me, but that he did so with the rationale that I would be a significant civilian loss if the lynch is erroneous. He's expressed that perspective before and genuinely so, and whether folks agree with it is irrelevant. I haven't taken issue with him in his other dialogue either. :shrug2:
poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:43 pm"good" read on Novase who has 0 post and it's "bad" for Lapluie who only has 1 post because you're just good at reading people or because you know for sure they are? Teach me how to read people without post, O senpai ~ Image
Glad you asked! :biggrin:

novaselinenever has no posts, which typically indicates a lack of awareness of the game or an inability to get to it. I don't know if he's even read his role card yet. On balance, a civilian role is more likely than a mafia role. I played the odds.

lapluie felt the urge to check in, and in such a way that I found a bit awkward. She hasn't returned since, and thus the potential exists for deliberate avoidance of the game thread. It's obviously not rock solid shit, and I am not "sure". I made judgment calls. I'd greatly prefer they both show up and do things so that the reads can be developed.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There's also my core, seething hatred of "no read" and "null" and "neutral read". Even in my present state as a pathetic shadow of my former self, that mentality holds. I take a stance. :meany:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:56 pm I gotta go get in some RDR2 before the flood of trick-or-treaters.
I needed to see this term about 20 times to realize it isn't a super confusing alteration of "R2D2".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[VOTE: I am out of data. Gifs will resume in 3 days.] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m null reading Jay FYI.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:05 pm [VOTE: I am out of data. Gifs will resume in 3 days.] aubergine
@Host can I play for jack til he comes back lol
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:00 pm I am the greatest player to ever grace this green Earth with my presence.
...ok nutcase Image
I only wonder which one of you or DH who has bigger ego at this point Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:00 pm
poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:43 pm"good" read on Novase who has 0 post and it's "bad" for Lapluie who only has 1 post because you're just good at reading people or because you know for sure they are? Teach me how to read people without post, O senpai ~ Image
Glad you asked! :biggrin:

novaselinenever has no posts, which typically indicates a lack of awareness of the game or an inability to get to it. I don't know if he's even read his role card yet. On balance, a civilian role is more likely than a mafia role. I played the odds.

lapluie felt the urge to check in, and in such a way that I found a bit awkward. She hasn't returned since, and thus the potential exists for deliberate avoidance of the game thread. It's obviously not rock solid shit, and I am not "sure". I made judgment calls. I'd greatly prefer they both show up and do things so that the reads can be developed.
Aren't both of them modblocked due to no post on D1 (Lap made her 1 post on D0)? Doesn't it put her on similar situation as Novase then?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Following the blue text in reference to the general play of one DharmaHelper:

Have you ever been a civilian in your life?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I wanna be Jackofhearts2005 for Halloween
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 pm
Aren't both of them modblocked due to no post on D1 (Lap made her 1 post on D0)? Doesn't it put her on similar situation as Novase then?
[/quote]

Not really. A check-in post can come whenever. Why does that Day 0/1 distinction matter?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am the worst quoter of posts to ever grace this green Earth with my presence.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:00 pm I am the greatest player to ever grace this green Earth with my presence.
...ok nutcase Image
I only wonder which one of you or DH who has bigger ego at this point Image
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 66#p413366
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:12 pm Not really. A check-in post can come whenever. Why does that Day 0/1 distinction matter?
Because modblock only happen if someone doesn't post for an entire DP :noble:
D0 has no effect on D1 post count.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:05 pm [VOTE: I am out of data. Gifs will resume in 3 days.] aubergine
@Host can I play for jack til he comes back lol
You can gif for me. I need gifs of Crabe and Goyle looking stupid or mean.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m gonna be a stormtrooper for Halloween. My daughter is still under the impression that the Empire are the good guys.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:12 pm Not really. A check-in post can come whenever. Why does that Day 0/1 distinction matter?
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make. nova has 0 posts in the game, regardless of phase. lapluie has one post in the game, regardless of phase. I have no basis on which to read nova at all, and as such I followed the math. I have one post on which to read lap, and it's at least mildly icky (as is the implied awareness of the game following from that post without having returned).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I support TH gifing for other people.

(just don't spam, don't get in the way of discussion, you know, use your common sense)
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:16 pm
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make. nova has 0 posts in the game, regardless of phase. lapluie has one post in the game, regardless of phase. I have no basis on which to read nova at all, and as such I followed the math. I have one post on which to read lap, and it's at least mildly icky (as is the implied awareness of the game following from that post without having returned).
If they're scum they would have more urge to not be modblocked so they can use their abilities Image D0 has no effect on that, D1 is. I don't get how you read Lap as bad due to you viewing her 1 post on D0 as she did it because she urged to.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:17 pm
(just don't spam, don't get in the way of discussion)
@Turnip Head

Please disregard these instructions.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:21 pm Image D0 has no effect on that, D1 is. I don't get how you read Lap as bad due to you viewing her 1 post on D0 as she did it because she urged to.
I didn't get the argument before this, but it's a good point. Mafia wants to make good use of their abilities. Would the bad guys really be okay losing out on a roleblock/kill/other whatever dark arts or regular ability because Lap didn't post?

Not that they have any say in it.

If Lap is laying low on purpose, is it because she doesn't know the rules? Or because she doesn't care about the scum having actions?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:13 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:09 pm
poutanko wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:04 pm Can't we just state we're Town so whoever have the Veritaserum can use it whenever they want to whoever they want without asking their sus about it (so not giving a hint/clue about them having the potion)? Image
This is obviously a good idea, right? Any objections?

I am town.
No, that's an awful waste of a 1-shot ability to tell the truth, just to get the same info as a regular ability (Divination). But because you've started this, I also have to say

I am a town.

Or else I'd look scum by not following along with it.
kara, you've been frustrated by this picture tell thing, so I figured I'd give you a different gripe since I don't care about that at all. This post above looked to me like the sort that a mafioso who is still new to the game of Mafia (which I believe you are, correct me if not) might make. You felt forced/pressured to do this, and I am unclear on why.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:16 pm
If they're scum they would have more urge to not be modblocked so they can use their abilities Image D0 has no effect on that, D1 is. I don't get how you read Lap as bad due to you viewing her 1 post on D0 as she did it because she urged to.
Oh, I see. I'm not sure what lapluie's awareness is of the modblock rules (indeed, I had to check them myself when you mentioned them just now), so she'll have to speak to that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:25 pm
poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:21 pm Image D0 has no effect on that, D1 is. I don't get how you read Lap as bad due to you viewing her 1 post on D0 as she did it because she urged to.
I didn't get the argument before this, but it's a good point. Mafia wants to make good use of their abilities. Would the bad guys really be okay losing out on a roleblock/kill/other whatever dark arts or regular ability because Lap didn't post?

If Lap is laying low on purpose, is it because she doesn't know the rules? Or because she doesn't care about the scum having actions?
Jay view:
>Lap made a post because she felt the need to

My view:
>Lap did it D0, what reason is possible to make her feel the need to post on D0?? If she did it D1 then okay I can see why Jay view her that way.

Basically ^ feel free to ask me if there's something not clear from my post. I'm not native speaker Image

Is Lap a known inactive?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:12 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm Lynching anybody Day 1 always feels bad and everyone seems so happy to be here. Soneji almost never shows up to play so I'ma vote there for now.
I know how you feel. When I'm scum I feel bad about lynching all the innocent townies too. :p
Unrelateable.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I do feel bad about calling people mudbloods though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Jay view:
>Lap made a post because she felt the need to

My view:
>Lap did it D0, what reason is possible to make her feel the need to post on D0?? If she did it D1 then okay I can see why Jay view her that way.

Basically ^ feel free to ask me if there's something not clear from my post. I'm not native speaker Image

Is Lap a known inactive?
Lap’s on the quiet end and gets mislynched sometimes.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:34 pmMy view:

~~~

Is Lap a known inactive?
I believe mafia members tend to feel a greater sense of obligation to drop in and say *something* after being made aware of their own evil nature. @MacDougall is someone who can speak to awkward entry posts (whether he’d agree re: lap I cannot say).

Lap is often a low activity player.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

karavalenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75

Post by karavalenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:25 pm
poutanko wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:04 pm Can't we just state we're Town so whoever have the Veritaserum can use it whenever they want to whoever they want without asking their sus about it (so not giving a hint/clue about them having the potion)? Image

I am town.
No, that's an awful waste of a 1-shot ability to tell the truth, just to get the same info as a regular ability (Divination). But because you've started this, I also have to say

I am a town.

kara, you've been frustrated by this picture tell thing, so I figured I'd give you a different gripe since I don't care about that at all. This post above looked to me like the sort that a mafioso who is still new to the game of Mafia (which I believe you are, correct me if not) might make. You felt forced/pressured to do this, and I am unclear on why.
Everything with you people is a two-way street

If I don't respond to/with something, it means I'm scum.

If I do respond, it means I'm scum.

I promise you 100% that if I had said that exact same thing SOMEONE would say "You didn't say "I am town" in your post so you must be avoiding something." but since I broached that first no one else had to. Instead what I'm getting is a ton of questions about pregame content that I'm not answering because they're stupid and meant to make me look bad regardless.

Yeah, I get that's the game. Trying to get people to make a defense of every little thing that they've said. All of this is so fake. Day 1 lynch is a total crapshoot. These "scumtells" "towntells" are all shooting in the wind. Some of them are going to be right because random chance exists. So here we go, this is all factual from here on:

I gave a point that using a 1-use ability in that way was not a good idea. ColinIsCool said "This is obviously a good idea." and I claimed that it was not a good idea, much less "obviously".
My next sentence: "But because you've started this, I also have to say" is the pressure that I brought up later when asked. Yes, nobody directly said "Kara, say 'I am town' or else we won't believe you". I don't have to, since I already know everyone is so paranoid there's no purpose to trying to look town. Because I was responding to someone who believed that it was "obviously a good idea" I did not want HIM to feel like I was objecting them because I was trying to be combative.

Hence, why I later said
karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 pm

I am town.

I am a town.

Epignosis isn't going to say that. Will that make him look scum to you?
No, I clearly didn't want to say it myself, but felt like I was pressured to. If you don't want to I absolutely will not hold it against you.
Since then, I have not complained about anyone saying "I am town" because I do not care. I literally do not care. Let me restate this, because I do not care so much. I DON'T CARE. Go pressurize wash yourselves or whatever. I allowed myself to be pressured. Nobody pressured me. This is a real thing that can happen. Stop acting like that makes me scum because "I don't want to die" or whatever.

In conclusion:

I said "I am town." to Colin, not you or anyone else. The only pressure anyone else has given me is Owner that I haven't responded to because it's just quoting everything I said early on and saying that I look scummy, which, like I said earlier in this post, is pointless.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don’t know who “you people” are or why you’re lumping me in with them. I will consider what you’ve said, kara.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

karavalenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by karavalenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:50 pm I don’t know who “you people” are or why you’re lumping me in with them. I will consider what you’ve said, kara.
That's okay, I was just ranting for the sake of ranting. You weren't actually the target of it, you just gave me the question to answer for myself.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Bullzeye »

I didn't have time to read anything at all yesterday but remembered that the poll would end pretty early for me so wanted to make sure I had a vote. In lieu of catching up I just voted for a no-show. Didn't realise that was suddenly an unforgivable sin in some people's eyes. :shrug:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pm I didn't have time to read anything at all yesterday but remembered that the poll would end pretty early for me so wanted to make sure I had a vote. In lieu of catching up I just voted for a no-show. Didn't realise that was suddenly an unforgivable sin in some people's eyes. :shrug:
"wanted to make sure I had a vote"

Why did you want to make sure of this?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:13 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pm I didn't have time to read anything at all yesterday but remembered that the poll would end pretty early for me so wanted to make sure I had a vote. In lieu of catching up I just voted for a no-show. Didn't realise that was suddenly an unforgivable sin in some people's eyes. :shrug:

Why do you think I didn't want to miss the vote?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alrighty, I am going to address this post in detail since you went to the trouble to argue it so thoroughly. Bear with me, as I know you haven't been exposed to all of the dynamics that seem generally common in Mafia games which might draw you out into this position you've found yourself in.
karavalenge wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pmEverything with you people is a two-way street

If I don't respond to/with something, it means I'm scum.

If I do respond, it means I'm scum.
It may genuinely seem to you like this is the case, but I assure you that it really isn't. If you do whatever the hell you want to do, and you portray it convincingly (whether by your attitude or your explanations), it will work out. There's no need to be concerned with these perceived "obvious" resulting states, as the game isn't quite as intuitive as it seems.
karavalenge wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pmI promise you 100% that if I had said that exact same thing SOMEONE would say "You didn't say "I am town" in your post so you must be avoiding something."
You're probably right about that. "SOMEBODY" doesn't matter though. Prevailing wisdom might matter a bit more as it can amount to actual lynch pressure, but one or two people saying some shit? Who cares. Bleh. Do whatever you think is best or whatever you prefer to do.
karavalenge wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pmbut since I broached that first no one else had to. Instead what I'm getting is a ton of questions about pregame content that I'm not answering because they're stupid and meant to make me look bad regardless.
When you say they're "meant to make you look bad regardless", that is an accusation. You are asserting that other players are taking advantage of you such that you can be exploited as a mislynch to progress the mafia win condition. Is that the assertion you intend to make, and if so who exactly fits that description?
karavalenge wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pmYeah, I get that's the game. Trying to get people to make a defense of every little thing that they've said. All of this is so fake. Day 1 lynch is a total crapshoot. These "scumtells" "towntells" are all shooting in the wind. Some of them are going to be right because random chance exists. So here we go, this is all factual from here on:
Day 1 is not a crapshoot. Many people seem to believe that, but it's because they haven't been exposed to a Day 1 done properly. These things people throw around might seem like (or even truly be) total garbage -- but there's a method to the madness. Every post is important relative to whatever theories people may purport, and it doesn't matter whether there's agreement on it. It matters that more content is generated as a direct product of the emerging interaction, responses to the interaction, and tangential interjections. It all builds upon itself as would a snowball. Revel in the madness, don't despise it. :biggrin:
karavalenge wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pmI gave a point that using a 1-use ability in that way was not a good idea. ColinIsCool said "This is obviously a good idea." and I claimed that it was not a good idea, much less "obviously".
My next sentence: "But because you've started this, I also have to say" is the pressure that I brought up later when asked. Yes, nobody directly said "Kara, say 'I am town' or else we won't believe you". I don't have to, since I already know everyone is so paranoid there's no purpose to trying to look town. Because I was responding to someone who believed that it was "obviously a good idea" I did not want HIM to feel like I was objecting them because I was trying to be combative.
I am inclined to believe you, and I am grateful that you went to the trouble to explain your mindset. It isn't hard to believe, particularly given that you are still playing this game from a frame of mind that makes things seem considerably more black and white (this is a trend of the newest players which I would assert dissolves with experience; I mean no offense).

Keep in mind that the intended function of this post is to be supportive and to provide advisement. If you don't agree with my stuff that's okay. It hardly matters in the end. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pmDidn't realise that was suddenly an unforgivable sin in some people's eyes. :shrug:
Yeah, oops, amirite

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 pm

There are two different reasons I can think of. One is worse than the other. I wanted to see your immediate response, and which reason it fit.
Instead I got caginess, which is not wonderful.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 pm

There are two different reasons I can think of. One is worse than the other. I wanted to see your immediate response, and which reason it fit.
Instead I got caginess, which is not wonderful.
The answer is I don't ever like to miss votes if I can help it. I just think it's obvious why someone wouldn't want to miss the vote and in no way indicative of anything.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:22 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pmDidn't realise that was suddenly an unforgivable sin in some people's eyes. :shrug:
Yeah, oops, amirite
Not exactly going to lose sleep over it, but people are definitely overreacting.
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by karavalenge »

Thanks Jay, I appreciate the feedback

Return to “Previous Jobs”