Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 1

Post by speedchuck »

Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:13 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pm I didn't have time to read anything at all yesterday but remembered that the poll would end pretty early for me so wanted to make sure I had a vote. In lieu of catching up I just voted for a no-show. Didn't realise that was suddenly an unforgivable sin in some people's eyes. :shrug:
"wanted to make sure I had a vote"

Why did you want to make sure of this?
Why do you think I didn't want to miss the vote?
There are two different reasons I can think of. One is worse than the other. I wanted to see your immediate response, and which reason it fit.
Instead I got caginess, which is not wonderful.
The answer is I don't ever like to miss votes if I can help it. I just think it's obvious why someone wouldn't want to miss the vote and in no way indicative of anything.
Ah, okay. That was the worse one. :grin: Could just be a thing you did though.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Bullzeye »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:35 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:13 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pm I didn't have time to read anything at all yesterday but remembered that the poll would end pretty early for me so wanted to make sure I had a vote. In lieu of catching up I just voted for a no-show. Didn't realise that was suddenly an unforgivable sin in some people's eyes. :shrug:
"wanted to make sure I had a vote"

Why did you want to make sure of this?
Why do you think I didn't want to miss the vote?
There are two different reasons I can think of. One is worse than the other. I wanted to see your immediate response, and which reason it fit.
Instead I got caginess, which is not wonderful.
The answer is I don't ever like to miss votes if I can help it. I just think it's obvious why someone wouldn't want to miss the vote and in no way indicative of anything.
Ah, okay. That was the worse one. :grin: Could just be a thing you did though.
Somehow I get the feeling I could've said anything at all and it would've been 'the worse one'...
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gimme the baddies, @Bullzeye. That's all I want. I just want those juicy, plump, ripened, fully developed baddies. :eek:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:44 pm Somehow I get the feeling I could've said anything at all and it would've been 'the worse one'...
No need for you to accuse me of that. There were two reasons:
1. I just wanted to/it's something I do/I should be on the board (anything having to do with appearance or mafia playing style)
2. I wanted to get a house point

Two would be better.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:05 am
juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:10 amJJJ can you explain why you are seeing me as bad?
There are a collection of small issues that I take with your posts which add up to that judgment. Your handling of me has been questionable — early in Day 1 when I was giving Quin hell for no reason (a strategic approach I’ve employed for years which still somehow seems misunderstood), you stood in his defense for what I perceive to be a poor reason that is suggestive of TMI. You have either faintly or overtly contributed to the negative thread climate surrounding me in this game, but only as a commentator and never with action. I am concerned that you were positioning yourself in your dealings with me instead of acting upon a read you really believed in. Grabbing example posts is difficult on mobile, maybe later.

juliets wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:49 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:40 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm I was just looking back over everything Epi said to me and I came to the same conclusion. It seemed like a natural reaction. And I didn't feel Epi was "digging" at me so I'm somewhat confused by Jay on this vote.
Epignosis said you're not on his team. Regardless of his meaning, that can be perceived as an accusation (Epignosis is a civilian accusing juliets of not being a civilian). Quin seemed to recognize the distinction as intended, but went to Epi is a mafioso and is accusing juliets of being a civilian instead -- or at least that's the implication I draw from the tone of Quin's ponder emoji response. It's silly, almost to the point of saying "Epi slipped", and it looked fake.

Highlighted portion: why?
Because if Quin interpreted Epi's comment as a slip, his question seemed like a natural follow-up.
Jay is this the post you are talking about re: Quin? You think that me thinking his question was a natural follow-up was a poor reason? I don't understand that at all. And what TMI are you talking about? Please point that out in my post.

As to me contributing to the negative thread climate about you, did you miss this post?
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:23 am good morning everyone -

There's been a lot about Jay posted over the evening/night and after reading it all I'm less inclined to vote for him today. He mentions a "breakdown" and I don't know if that is true but when I couple it with the fact he said supatown Jay is dead it puts me off voting for him. I know from discord how busy he is and how he is immersed in his studies and barely comes up for air. Maybe these things are why he does not appear to be the civ Jay I know. I'm still not wild about his logic for voting Quin but willing to overlook that at this point in the game in the hopes we have a town Jay - maybe not supatown, but at least town.
How is that in the least bit negative? I posted it after reviewing what you and others said as of the end of the first day of the phase.

If you have other example posts please refer me to them.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Bullz, beyond your vote I found your posts in the Day phase to be jokey and talk more about Potter lore and video games than actual content while most of the rest of us were trying to assess people and come to some conclusions. As you look back over those posts do you see what I mean? If so could you speak to that issue?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

Just did a quick skim on lunch break. My day is consisting of grinding chunks of people into pulp, so time is short.

Whoever had mentioned that my posts were hedgy, you are absolutely right. I always stress that my thoughts on day 1 are based on very little substance, because it's day 1, so I use a lot of mights, mays and coulds. Get used to it, my opinions don't form up better until about day 3.
My siggie.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

timmer wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:40 pm Just did a quick skim on lunch break. My day is consisting of grinding chunks of people into pulp, so time is short.
WHAT
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

I think night ends soon?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

gotta make sure I have my posts in!
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

wooo house points
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

If I die tonight, the mafia are fucking idiots.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:00 pm I am the greatest player to ever grace this green Earth with my presence.
...ok nutcase Image
I only wonder which one of you or DH who has bigger ego at this point Image
Have a care, my friend! Insulting a player of the calibre of Jay is neither wise nor becoming.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:46 pm Just to be clear my stance has not been, will not be, and is not "Owner is bad at mafia" or "Owner is a bad player" or anything close. My stance is "Build your evidence and your cases based on this game, the game you're in right now, and be consistent with what you say and do."

- Vaguely Meta-Reading me based on 1 incorrect game is frustrating but not on the whole baddie indicative.
- Basing *this games* suspicion on that meta-read is.
- Not answering questions that are posed to you is.
- I don't like the Kara Picture Tell Read thing, because it is inconsistent with what you've told me Picture Tell is supposed to mean. Not to mention the whole concept is complete voodoo astrology nonsense.
Following the blue text in reference to the general play of one DharmaHelper:

Have you ever been a civilian in your life?
I plead the fifth?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:33 pm Have a care, my friend! Insulting a player of the calibre of Jay is neither wise nor becoming.
Psh. JJJ is an expired fad. He was something back in 2015, but has been on the decline for years. He shares his unwanted knowledge from bygone eras of mafia play, back when people played on their iPhone 6. His ego has only increased in the years since he was relevant, as none want to tell him that we've left the old ways. People like you and DDL glorify his name, bowing before the ancient guru as if he weren't a shriveled up stump, vomiting your dignity onto the floor and then splashing around in the puddles.
I have no idea why I just wrote that. I didn't really mean any of it.

Seriously though do something besides sucking up to JJJ or I will find a vig kill or a lynch rope to fit you. :)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

Speed are you whipped butter because you are on a roll this game. The mindmelds are real.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm Please allow me to make this abundantly clear - I am NOT (in any way) attempting to ‘buddy’ Jay here.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:40 pm
Psh. JJJ is an expired fad. He was something back in 2015, but has been on the decline for years. He shares his unwanted knowledge from bygone eras of mafia play, back when people played on their iPhone 6. His ego has only increased in the years since he was relevant, as none want to tell him that we've left the old ways. People like you and DDL glorify his name, bowing before the ancient guru as if he weren't a shriveled up stump, vomiting your dignity onto the floor and then splashing around in the puddles.
You're not wrong, except that my peak was 2017. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Why is timmer town? Because I don't think he is.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:01 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm Please allow me to make this abundantly clear - I am NOT (in any way) attempting to ‘buddy’ Jay here.
The dude has 23 posts. Nine of them gush about you. It's either scummy, unsettling, or both. (from my perspective anyway.)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:04 pm
You're not wrong, except that my peak was 2017. :goofp:
Fine. iPhone 7.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:33 pm Have a care, my friend! Insulting a player of the calibre of Jay is neither wise nor becoming.

Seriously though do something besides sucking up to JJJ or I will find a vig kill or a lynch rope to fit you. :)
Aaah, Chuckles - old friend! I feel like I’ve just been revived from a generation in cryo-suspension. I don’t understand where this hating on Jay has come from. I seem to remember The Syndicate as a somewhat kinder, gentler place. Now, it seems like aggravation and naked threats are the currency here...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fart
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei is mafia
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:05 pm Why is timmer town? Because I don't think he is.
I was like "I know this!"

And then I read his ISO and I didn't find an answer.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:07 pm Aaah, Chuckles - old friend! I feel like I’ve just been revived from a generation in cryo-suspension. I don’t understand where this hating on Jay has come from. I seem to remember The Syndicate as a somewhat kinder, gentler place. Now, it seems like aggravation and naked threats are the currency here...
Nothing personal against you or JJJ, friendo. It's only the hero worship / totally not buddying thing that makes me uncomfortable, partly in a sickened way and mostly in a AVADA KEDAVRA kinda way, you get what I'm sayin'?

Are vigs even a thing in this game?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:06 pm
The dude has 23 posts. Nine of them gush about you. It's either scummy, unsettling, or both. (from my perspective anyway.)
He has spoken highly of me on numerous occasions, I agree. Do you believe that he is attempting to buddy me, or that he could be attempting to buddy me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Okay, some setup stuff. There is a vig, it's some kind of skrewt animal.

Also someone needs to Pheonix Down TH if they can. Thanks.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:12 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:06 pm
He has spoken highly of me on numerous occasions, I agree. Do you believe that he is attempting to buddy me, or that he could be attempting to buddy me?
In most circumstances, I'd say yes. But, at the same time, Glorf often says nice things, and if this were buddying I wouldn't think he'd call attention to it or be so blatant about it.

I think he could be attempting to buddy you, but that depends on his thought process as scum, which I've never seen.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm Jay is this the post you are talking about re: Quin? You think that me thinking his question was a natural follow-up was a poor reason? I don't understand that at all. And what TMI are you talking about? Please point that out in my post.
I attacked Quin, because attacking Quin is a nice way to make things happen early in a thread. Quin is responsive, and it is something likely to become A Thing in general thread dialogue -- and from that, a Mafia game may be born. Your response to that is one that bugs me, because your defense of Quin was as empty as my attack. If Quin's accusation really was that of a "slip", then it was quite silly -- you called it "natural", and I find that dubious.
juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pmAs to me contributing to the negative thread climate about you, did you miss this post?

There's been a lot about Jay posted over the evening/night and after reading it all I'm less inclined to vote for him today. He mentions a "breakdown" and I don't know if that is true but when I couple it with the fact he said supatown Jay is dead it puts me off voting for him. I know from discord how busy he is and how he is immersed in his studies and barely comes up for air. Maybe these things are why he does not appear to be the civ Jay I know. I'm still not wild about his logic for voting Quin but willing to overlook that at this point in the game in the hopes we have a town Jay - maybe not supatown, but at least town.
How is that in the least bit negative? I posted it after reviewing what you and others said as of the end of the first day of the phase.[/quote]

I did see it yes, though I admit that I had previously thought it came later in the phase. It was early in the EST morning, so it wasn't as close to the EOD region as I'd thought (when the general climate of suspicion was shifting or had shifted to the TH and Owner split). So that's a bit better than the alternative, as in backing away from suspicion when the climate wasn't ideal for its being pushed. You must understand though that in that post your assessment of me was still negative. I didn't appear to be the civ Jay you know. You weren't wild about my logic. My transgressions had to be overlooked to give me a break. You didn't call for my destruction, but that's not a positive assessment of my play in this game.

Also note that I have highlighted in blue some of the components of your post here. There's a tone of assertiveness and even combativeness that I am simply not used to seeing in juliets posts. I won't pretend that these are hyper-suspicious things, but you are a very difficult player to read. If you're a mafioso, then I believe it's little things like this that will get you caught. You're too careful for big mistakes. So scrutiny is extremely important in your case.

My perspective that you were contributing to the negative climate surrounding me stems from your approach to my treatment of Quin, beyond that discussed in this post. example / [/url=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 99#p490899]example[/url]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:13 pm Okay, some setup stuff. There is a vig, it's some kind of skrewt animal.

I wouldn’t be opposed to this. If the people who can rez use it right away on confirmed townies we can ensure their ability isn’t wasted and keep frustrating the scum with numbers/confirmed civs
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:16 pmIn most circumstances, I'd say yes. But, at the same time, Glorf often says nice things, and if this were buddying I wouldn't think he'd call attention to it or be so blatant about it.

I think he could be attempting to buddy you, but that depends on his thought process as scum, which I've never seen.
In most circumstances, I might worry that someone is attempting to buddy me. In this case, I don't think Glorfindel even could be buddying me. That doesn't mean he must be a civilian, but it means he isn't buddying me. There's a reason I quoted that. I will say no more on the matter.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:22 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:16 pmIn most circumstances, I'd say yes. But, at the same time, Glorf often says nice things, and if this were buddying I wouldn't think he'd call attention to it or be so blatant about it.

In most circumstances, I might worry that someone is attempting to buddy me. In this case, I don't think Glorfindel even could be buddying me. That doesn't mean he must be a civilian, but it means he isn't buddying me. There's a reason I quoted that. I will say no more on the matter.
Yeah okay I got you. :doh:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

EBWOPing this since I butchered the code.
juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm Jay is this the post you are talking about re: Quin? You think that me thinking his question was a natural follow-up was a poor reason? I don't understand that at all. And what TMI are you talking about? Please point that out in my post.
I attacked Quin, because attacking Quin is a nice way to make things happen early in a thread. Quin is responsive, and it is something likely to become A Thing in general thread dialogue -- and from that, a Mafia game may be born. Your response to that is one that bugs me, because your defense of Quin was as empty as my attack. If Quin's accusation really was that of a "slip", then it was quite silly -- you called it "natural", and I find that dubious.
juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pmAs to me contributing to the negative thread climate about you, did you miss this post?

How is that in the least bit negative? I posted it after reviewing what you and others said as of the end of the first day of the phase.
I did see it yes, though I admit that I had previously thought it came later in the phase. It was early in the EST morning, so it wasn't as close to the EOD region as I'd thought (when the general climate of suspicion was shifting or had shifted to the TH and Owner split). So that's a bit better than the alternative, as in backing away from suspicion when the climate wasn't ideal for its being pushed. You must understand though that in that post your assessment of me was still negative. I didn't appear to be the civ Jay you know. You weren't wild about my logic. My transgressions had to be overlooked to give me a break. You didn't call for my destruction, but that's not a positive assessment of my play in this game.

Also note that I have highlighted in blue some of the components of your post here. There's a tone of assertiveness and even combativeness that I am simply not used to seeing in juliets posts. I won't pretend that these are hyper-suspicious things, but you are a very difficult player to read. If you're a mafioso, then I believe it's little things like this that will get you caught. You're too careful for big mistakes. So scrutiny is extremely important in your case.

My perspective that you were contributing to the negative climate surrounding me stems from your approach to my treatment of Quin, beyond that discussed in this post. example / example

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Murder in the Astronomy Tower

While some students were wasting their time on Turnip Head, Speedchuck had a better lead. He had been suspecting another kid for a long time.

So one night, he trailed novaselinenever and followed him to the Astronomy Tower, where he was probably up to no good.

But upon getting there, speedchuck found the last thing he expected. Novaselinenever, dead.

"Was I wrong about him?", he thought. But then he looked at the body and saw a green light. The Dark Mark, shining on his wrist. No, he was right. Novaselinenever was one of the criminals. But then... who?

He finished checking the body, and turned back. He had to tell the teachers about it. But when he looked back, another person was at the door. They attacked speedchuck before he could do anything.

The next day, two bodies were found at the Astronomy Tower.

speedchuck (Hogwarts Student) and novaselinenever (New Death Eater) were killed during the night.

Day 2 Begins!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by speedchuck »

Y- ... yay?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:35 pm Y- ... yay?
hey
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:35 pm Y- ... yay?
:(
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey neat! That's really neat! That's like, well, it's just so neat!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:22 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:13 pm Okay, some setup stuff. There is a vig, it's some kind of skrewt animal.

I wouldn’t be opposed to this. If the people who can rez use it right away on confirmed townies we can ensure their ability isn’t wasted and keep frustrating the scum with numbers/confirmed civs
I URGE whomever has this ability to use it before you get snuffed. Speed likely didn’t if he made the above post so we have good chances of sticking it back to the scum (albeit temporarily).
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Unfortunately it might be difficult to find any useful interactive content about a dead mafioso who made no posts. I'll take a looksie.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Also, nice whoever got nova. I went out of my way to reference him for convoluted scum-hunting reasons in case he got replaced, but I’m glad I don’t have to do that now.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

1 for 1, not too bad. Sorry to see you go speed.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:54 pm Unfortunately it might be difficult to find any useful interactive content about a dead mafioso who made no posts. I'll take a looksie.
You’ll find me opposing his lynch. Whoops!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, that's cool, nova was bad after all! JJJ... :ponder: Looks ill-fitting on you, my dude.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:15 am Has Nova shown up yet? If not, my vote is going there.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:49 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:36 am JJJ and TH have their assorted trains. I don't have townreads on either of them, so I don't hate it. I'll see if I can go back and get a detailed read off the day's posts.

Still want to put out there that Nova hasn't checked in, and as such is a fun lynch option. Not necessarily a GOOD lynch option (no way of knowing that), but one that will allow night actions to be taken by a greater number of active players.
I think there were some replacements signed up, so leaving Nova for now wouldn’t be the worst thing.
Bullzeye wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm Don't really have time to catch up before the lynch, but I can see from the Who Posted list that Nova still hasn't checked in so I will vote there today.

[VOTE: novaselinenever] aubergine
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm Don't really have time to catch up before the lynch, but I can see from the Who Posted list that Nova still hasn't checked in so I will vote there today.

Major scum afraid of being the decisive vote vibes here.
Colin N/A read
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:06 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:38 pm

Major scum afraid of being the decisive vote vibes here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't really care about any of that save for Bullzeye. His vote is juicier now. :ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to announce Gryffindor won the first round of House Cup. This is looking like in the books already.

Thanks to that, the members of Gryffindor get to pick one item from the list I posted earlier. Please claim your item less than 24 hours after this post, or you'll lose your right.

@ColinIsCool
@DharmaHelper
@JaggedJimmyJay
@insertnamehere
@Kylemii
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 pm Hey, that's cool, nova was bad after all! JJJ... :ponder: Looks ill-fitting on you, my dude.
Oh well. I blame the math! :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

Tricks and treats tonight.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am not inclined to give Bullzeye credit for this, and indeed it might make the vote worse. There was a time when an off-wagon whatever vote on a mafia teammate was *el classico* as the resident hazelnut spread likes to say. I cannot remember recent examples of the phenomenon, though I have hardly paid the same kind of attention recently. It's a token distancing maneuver.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”