Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by Long Con »

Yeah that does look pretty El Clasico, you're right.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

That's not at all a correct use of that phrase lol. It refers to an intense rivalry, based on Real Madrid vs Barca.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:13 pm That's not at all a correct use of that phrase lol. It refers to an intense rivalry, based on Real Madrid vs Barca.
i do what i want
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 1

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:21 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm Jay is this the post you are talking about re: Quin? You think that me thinking his question was a natural follow-up was a poor reason? I don't understand that at all. And what TMI are you talking about? Please point that out in my post.
I attacked Quin, because attacking Quin is a nice way to make things happen early in a thread. Quin is responsive, and it is something likely to become A Thing in general thread dialogue -- and from that, a Mafia game may be born. Your response to that is one that bugs me, because your defense of Quin was as empty as my attack. If Quin's accusation really was that of a "slip", then it was quite silly -- you called it "natural", and I find that dubious.
juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pmAs to me contributing to the negative thread climate about you, did you miss this post?
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:23 am good morning everyone -

There's been a lot about Jay posted over the evening/night and after reading it all I'm less inclined to vote for him today. He mentions a "breakdown" and I don't know if that is true but when I couple it with the fact he said supatown Jay is dead it puts me off voting for him. I know from discord how busy he is and how he is immersed in his studies and barely comes up for air. Maybe these things are why he does not appear to be the civ Jay I know. I'm still not wild about his logic for voting Quin but willing to overlook that at this point in the game in the hopes we have a town Jay - maybe not supatown, but at least town.
How is that in the least bit negative? I posted it after reviewing what you and others said as of the end of the first day of the phase.
I did see it yes, though I admit that I had previously thought it came later in the phase. It was early in the EST morning, so it wasn't as close to the EOD region as I'd thought (when the general climate of suspicion was shifting or had shifted to the TH and Owner split). So that's a bit better than the alternative, as in backing away from suspicion when the climate wasn't ideal for its being pushed. You must understand though that in that post your assessment of me was still negative. I didn't appear to be the civ Jay you know. You weren't wild about my logic. My transgressions had to be overlooked to give me a break. You didn't call for my destruction, but that's not a positive assessment of my play in this game.

Also note that I have highlighted in blue some of the components of your post here. There's a tone of assertiveness and even combativeness that I am simply not used to seeing in juliets posts. I won't pretend that these are hyper-suspicious things, but you are a very difficult player to read. If you're a mafioso, then I believe it's little things like this that will get you caught. You're too careful for big mistakes. So scrutiny is extremely important in your case.

My perspective that you were contributing to the negative climate surrounding me stems from your approach to my treatment of Quin, beyond that discussed in this post. example / [/url=viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1676&p=490899#p490899]example[/url]
[/quote]

Ok so this is the last thing I'll say about the Quin thing as I think we have beat it to death. He didn't appear to me to be interjecting just for the hell of it - he appeared to be probing Imo. You thought it was obvious he was just interjecting because that was what he was supposed to do and I thought it was obvious that he was probing. I felt like civ Jay would have seen it for what it was - a probe, but instead I saw you making a mountain out of a molehill. I never thought of your comment and vote as a way to get conversation started, I thought you were sincere. I get what you were doing now but only after you explained it to me.

I understand now why you see that positive post as negative. I intended it to be positive to the extent that people would see I bought your explanations and they matched the little bit I know about your life. I should have left off the part about not being wild about your logic and just let that whole thing die because what you said about yourself outweighed the tingle I had regarding the Quin thing. I really meant it to be totally positive so point taken.

I'm unsure about the assertiveness and combativeness you see. I can be assertive and sometimes that surprises people who think I'm always "sweet". I would say I tend to be more assertive with you because you have a strong personality and I feel like I'm going to get mowed down if I don't stand up for myself. I do understand you are looking at small things because sometimes people do find me hard to read in these games so I'll keep that in mind.

tons of linki I'll read after I post
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Damn I screwed up the quotes, I'm sorry.

But YAY Nova was bad!!

But damn, speed is a good townie and we lost him early. RIP speed.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 pm Hey neat! That's really neat! That's like, well, it's just so neat!
https://media1.tenor.com/images/6410fce ... /tenor.gif
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

oops
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i was gonna come in and talk summore about speedchuck ie truthgate but like now i guess i've got to find something else to do with my time
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:28 pm EBWOPing this since I butchered the code.
juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm Jay is this the post you are talking about re: Quin? You think that me thinking his question was a natural follow-up was a poor reason? I don't understand that at all. And what TMI are you talking about? Please point that out in my post.
I attacked Quin, because attacking Quin is a nice way to make things happen early in a thread. Quin is responsive, and it is something likely to become A Thing in general thread dialogue -- and from that, a Mafia game may be born. Your response to that is one that bugs me, because your defense of Quin was as empty as my attack. If Quin's accusation really was that of a "slip", then it was quite silly -- you called it "natural", and I find that dubious.
juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pmAs to me contributing to the negative thread climate about you, did you miss this post?

There's been a lot about Jay posted over the evening/night and after reading it all I'm less inclined to vote for him today. He mentions a "breakdown" and I don't know if that is true but when I couple it with the fact he said supatown Jay is dead it puts me off voting for him. I know from discord how busy he is and how he is immersed in his studies and barely comes up for air. Maybe these things are why he does not appear to be the civ Jay I know. I'm still not wild about his logic for voting Quin but willing to overlook that at this point in the game in the hopes we have a town Jay - maybe not supatown, but at least town.
How is that in the least bit negative? I posted it after reviewing what you and others said as of the end of the first day of the phase.
I did see it yes, though I admit that I had previously thought it came later in the phase. It was early in the EST morning, so it wasn't as close to the EOD region as I'd thought (when the general climate of suspicion was shifting or had shifted to the TH and Owner split). So that's a bit better than the alternative, as in backing away from suspicion when the climate wasn't ideal for its being pushed. You must understand though that in that post your assessment of me was still negative. I didn't appear to be the civ Jay you know. You weren't wild about my logic. My transgressions had to be overlooked to give me a break. You didn't call for my destruction, but that's not a positive assessment of my play in this game.

Also note that I have highlighted in blue some of the components of your post here. There's a tone of assertiveness and even combativeness that I am simply not used to seeing in juliets posts. I won't pretend that these are hyper-suspicious things, but you are a very difficult player to read. If you're a mafioso, then I believe it's little things like this that will get you caught. You're too careful for big mistakes. So scrutiny is extremely important in your case.

My perspective that you were contributing to the negative climate surrounding me stems from your approach to my treatment of Quin, beyond that discussed in this post. example / example
Generally your 'getting the ball rolling' accusations have substance. There's a clear difference here.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

As far as I was aware the laws of the universe didn't allow for a scum juliets. I'll make time to read up on her today.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Now that you're here Quin I think everyone is off doing trick or treat things.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:10 pm Generally your 'getting the ball rolling' accusations have substance. There's a clear difference here.
No, they really don't. People may think so, but I'm always full of shit. :biggrin:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Let's be mindful that for an accusation to have substance, the thread itself must have substance. If the latter does not hold, then the substance must be created -- even if it means bullshitting so that something will happen beyond irrelevant Hogwarts fangasms.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm Now that you're here Quin I think everyone is off doing trick or treat things.
That's cool. I spent all last night hiding with the lights off.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:15 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:10 pm Generally your 'getting the ball rolling' accusations have substance. There's a clear difference here.
No, they really don't. People may think so, but I'm always full of shit. :biggrin:
My impression was that whether you believed in an accusation or not, there was always some reasoning behind it on Day 1. Wanna throw me a couple of games to show me otherwise?
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

bruh
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i had a dream last night where speedchuck was killed at and he was mafia

that's almost exactly what happened last night
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:18 pm
My impression was that whether you believed in an accusation or not, there was always some reasoning behind it on Day 1. Wanna throw me a couple of games to show me otherwise?
Oh there is a reason. I don't merely say "Quin is bad!". I say "Quin is bad because X!"

X might absolutely be stupid as hell, but I don't care about that. It provides something that demands a specific response beyond "No, JJJ, I am not bad!". I don't have time right now to go on an archaeological dig through my old games, but I can think of one example that you could look for on your own if you like -- Fiddler on the Roof, when I completely made up a "tell" that revealed Kyle as a mafioso just so it'd be something to talk about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:19 pm i had a dream last night where speedchuck was killed at and he was mafia

yeah but not quite
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:21 pm
Oh there is a reason. I don't merely say "Quin is bad!". I say "Quin is bad because X!"

X might absolutely be stupid as hell, but I don't care about that. It provides something that demands a specific response beyond "No, JJJ, I am not bad!". I don't have time right now to go on an archaeological dig through my old games, but I can think of one example that you could look for on your own if you like -- Fiddler on the Roof, when I completely made up a "tell" that revealed Kyle as a mafioso just so it'd be something to talk about.
luckily kyle has just now arrived to verify this so i don't have to
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Anyway, on juliets:

Tonally, I don't see an alignment. Her politeness is making it hard to tell. One observation I have very little opinion on but I'll post nonetheless:
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm Oh, by the way, I checked Turnip Head and he is bad.

Voting Turnip Head.

:meany:
Epi aren't the abilities used at night? We haven't had a game night yet. Or am I missing something (there were A LOT of things to digest in game Set-Up).
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:46 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm Owner's suspicion of DH reads ingenuine
Her defense of the Deathly Hallows/Dark Arts thing wasn't even needed, but she overexplained it in a way that looked nervous

Are there any other facets to the case there?
I'd like to see what was behind her "I have my reasons" about DH just in case it's something tangible that happened in this game that I overlooked.
juliets made two "what's going on?" posts on Day 1. The second kind of contradicts the first since I'd expect she go through at least the effort to figure out if things can happen on Day 1 and realise that there isn't anything "tangible" out there at this point.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

in simple terms the possibility that juliets is feigning ignorance about the setup is not 0.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm As far as I was aware the laws of the universe didn't allow for a scum juliets. I'll make time to read up on her today.
Quin:juliets::Glorf:Jay ?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:31 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm As far as I was aware the laws of the universe didn't allow for a scum juliets. I'll make time to read up on her today.
Quin:juliets::Glorf:Jay ?
not today, satan.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lol never mind this looks fun
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:30 pm in simple terms the possibility that juliets is feigning ignorance about the setup is not 0.
In fairness I am inclined to doubt that this is a juliets mafioso method. Indeed, I rarely see the "feign ignorance about the setup" thing bear fruit for anyone apart from instances in which players talk at length about mechanics and not about reads.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I haven't been casual enough in recent posts. I will try to be more casual, like this casual fellow who is casually engaging in casual behavior in a casual setting:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:22 pm

yeah that was true. it happened and i was real mad about it, but it led to good things and created a greater understanding of Jay's meta for me
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 pm

yeah that was true. it happened and i was real mad about it, but it led to good things and created a greater understanding of Jay's meta for me
How do you feel about Jay in this game?
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:19 pm i had a dream last night where speedchuck was killed at and he was mafia

yeah but not quite
you're just afraid of my incredibly powerful psychic powers
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:38 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 pm

How do you feel about Jay in this game?
idk yet. i want to review his posts in the light of the comparison he's made to fiddler, because it doesn't feel exactly the same to me, and I'm not sure if it's just cus he wasn't around to do follow up cus he was at the backstreet boys or if it has lack of a similar intent
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

Vote on Lunalee for now.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.
It's not a regression. It is potentially a meta thing.
Would you trust other people who have played with DH over a ton of games and have seen him as both scum and civ if they were to tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree with your meta characterization of him?
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:02 pm I'm gonna drop a vote on Owner. Her efforts so far just seem disingenuous. Her "read" of DH is unjustified baloney, and her other reads are substance-less.

Hopefully I'll be able to participate more on Day 2, and I want to do some more research into JJJ and TH.

OWNER
I don't get the impression that INH was interested in learning something about Owner's motives in this progression. Instead, it looks like to me like he is giving Owner shit for pursuing an errant thread of suspicion (potentially TMI on DH, to boot) and deciding to participate in her murder when it appears viable. Indeed, the highlighted portion is key: I think his read is hardly justified on her, and his "other reads" do not exist.

[VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:30 pm Anyway, on juliets:

Tonally, I don't see an alignment. Her politeness is making it hard to tell. One observation I have very little opinion on but I'll post nonetheless:
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm Oh, by the way, I checked Turnip Head and he is bad.

Voting Turnip Head.

:meany:
Epi aren't the abilities used at night? We haven't had a game night yet. Or am I missing something (there were A LOT of things to digest in game Set-Up).
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:46 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm Owner's suspicion of DH reads ingenuine
Her defense of the Deathly Hallows/Dark Arts thing wasn't even needed, but she overexplained it in a way that looked nervous

Are there any other facets to the case there?
I'd like to see what was behind her "I have my reasons" about DH just in case it's something tangible that happened in this game that I overlooked.
juliets made two "what's going on?" posts on Day 1. The second kind of contradicts the first since I'd expect she go through at least the effort to figure out if things can happen on Day 1 and realise that there isn't anything "tangible" out there at this point.
Hey [mention]Quin[/mention] the second post was me talking about the fact that I had asked OoaLH several questions that she hadn't yet answered. One of the things I asked her about was what she meant by "I have my reasons" regarding thinking DH was a baddie. I wasn't saying "whats going on?", I was expressing to speed that I was still waiting for her answers. If I've misunderstood your point just let me know.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Start talking you pumpkin ~ Image
[VOTE: Bullzeye] aubergine
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

BULLZEYE
for aforementioned wagon-related rustling.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Fuck, [VOTE: BULLZEYE] aubergine. I’m not even drunk.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

What hell such early votes
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Back in a second to read the D2 goings on (I ditched reading back on the D1 stuff that I missed. I'll either catch that shit in a later ISO or I just won't care for it.)

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:16 pm
poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:12 pm Not really. A check-in post can come whenever. Why does that Day 0/1 distinction matter?
Because modblock only happen if someone doesn't post for an entire DP :noble:
D0 has no effect on D1 post count.
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make. nova has 0 posts in the game, regardless of phase. lapluie has one post in the game, regardless of phase. I have no basis on which to read nova at all, and as such I followed the math. I have one post on which to read lap, and it's at least mildly icky (as is the implied awareness of the game following from that post without having returned).
If they're scum they would have more urge to not be modblocked so they can use their abilities Image D0 has no effect on that, D1 is. I don't get how you read Lap as bad due to you viewing her 1 post on D0 as she did it because she urged to.
Anyone find this productive?

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nope, not me! :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:21 pm

My perspective that you were contributing to the negative climate surrounding me stems from your approach to my treatment of Quin, beyond that discussed in this post. example / [/url=viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1676&p=490899#p490899]example[/url]
[/quote]

Eh this is bunk lads Jay gets bumped down the list into the red.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

#misunderstood

#exiledphilosopher

#aheadofhistime

#neverhadchildren

#forgotten

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

#bumpeddownintothered

#thered

#dead

#REDEMPTION

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’ll place this spam in the proper OT tags. I’m about to see Bad Times at the El Royale. It looks really stupid, but what the fuck else is there to do anymore

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 pm

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:02 pm

It's not a regression. It is potentially a meta thing.
Would you trust other people who have played with DH over a ton of games and have seen him as both scum and civ if they were to tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree with your meta characterization of him?
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:02 pm I'm gonna drop a vote on Owner. Her efforts so far just seem disingenuous. Her "read" of DH is unjustified baloney, and her other reads are substance-less.

Hopefully I'll be able to participate more on Day 2, and I want to do some more research into JJJ and TH.

OWNER
I don't get the impression that INH was interested in learning something about Owner's motives in this progression. Instead, it looks like to me like he is giving Owner shit for pursuing an errant thread of suspicion (potentially TMI on DH, to boot) and deciding to participate in her murder when it appears viable. Indeed, the highlighted portion is key: I think his read is hardly justified on her, and his "other reads" do not exist.

[VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine
Is this the first ever NO-U by a third party.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

All caught up. RIP Chuck, Adios Nova.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:06 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:11 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:44 pm gut read: Epi and Owner are scum mates
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:58 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm I suspect these people: JJJ, TH, DH, and timmer in no particular order.
Enlighten me about the JJJ read.
Engages with Epi in his player salad post.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
Which part? And who?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 pm
I think you're trying to set DH up.
A lot of his posts read scummy to me. Maybe, he'll improve tomorrow, but so far, I don't see it.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 pm
That was a joke.

Or was it.
Hmm. You really aren't helping your case. But then again, I can be pretty annoying too.
Epi tries to distance himself from Owner
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null"
If Owner had three or four or five or six votes (I think I heard all of these numbers) around the time this post was made, ask yourself what its purpose was.

The language of this post doesn't suggest "gut" at all, but rather is assertive and sure of itself in a way that doesn't ring true with respect to mere intuition.

"Engages with Epi in his player salad post."

I suppose in this day and age if you name more than two people as suspects, you are guilty of making a "salad" or some nonsense such as that. I named my four top suspects at the time. I ask you, is there a way I can do that without someone being able to characterize it as a "salad?"

"Epi tries to distance himself from Owner"

The biggest issue I have with this particular comment is its circularity: It assumes the conclusion it aims to support is true, which is the only way the premise can be true. This suggests to me that Lunalee is less interested in figuring out if I'm bad or not and more interested in making it look like I am bad should Owner be lynched and be revealed as bad.

" Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null""

And? What about it?

I submit that when it appeared likely that Owner was on the way out the door, Lunalee used one of my own favorite mafia tricks in the book: Getting a preemptive start on the next Day.
Actually the poll was a three-way tie at the time (and Owner was one of the three) I started making this post.
I started looking at Owner's ISO, and I thought, "hey with the way Owner and Epi have interacted with each other, what if they were scum mates?"
Throwing out actual reasons you suspect 4 people is better than just saying you suspect those 4 people. That to me is what makes the difference between "player salad" and "here are my suspects."
The reason I thought is was strange that Owner lists you as "null" was because she seemed to have opinions on everyone else she interacted with except you.
Those were my thoughts, and admittedly I threw out my "gut read" post without a ton of thought, but it was close to EOD, and I thought it might be useful for discussion.
Protip: On Day 1, I don't need reasons to suspect people.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I submit that when it appeared likely that Owner was on the way out the door, Lunalee used one of my own favorite mafia tricks in the book: Getting a preemptive start on the next Day.
Meaning she tried to hem you up knowing Owner would flip bad, or meaning she tried to hem you up once Owner flipped civ?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

NVM its in the spoiler tags.

ImageImage
ImageImage