Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 1

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:32 pm
poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:16 pm
poutanko wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:12 pm Not really. A check-in post can come whenever. Why does that Day 0/1 distinction matter?
Because modblock only happen if someone doesn't post for an entire DP :noble:
D0 has no effect on D1 post count.
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make. nova has 0 posts in the game, regardless of phase. lapluie has one post in the game, regardless of phase. I have no basis on which to read nova at all, and as such I followed the math. I have one post on which to read lap, and it's at least mildly icky (as is the implied awareness of the game following from that post without having returned).
If they're scum they would have more urge to not be modblocked so they can use their abilities Image D0 has no effect on that, D1 is. I don't get how you read Lap as bad due to you viewing her 1 post on D0 as she did it because she urged to.
Anyone find this productive?
kind of, yeah?? it's a valid criticism of Jay's lap read/gth and an argument in favor of her towniness. do you not consider that input to be productive?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:12 pm Not really. A check-in post can come whenever. Why does that Day 0/1 distinction matter?
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make. nova has 0 posts in the game, regardless of phase. lapluie has one post in the game, regardless of phase. I have no basis on which to read nova at all, and as such I followed the math. I have one post on which to read lap, and it's at least mildly icky (as is the implied awareness of the game following from that post without having returned).
If they're scum they would have more urge to not be modblocked so they can use their abilities Image D0 has no effect on that, D1 is. I don't get how you read Lap as bad due to you viewing her 1 post on D0 as she did it because she urged to.
kind of, yeah?? it's a valid criticism of Jay's lap read/gth and an argument in favor of her towniness. do you not consider that input to be productive?
Moreso that I got the impression from their exchange that it would have been better/more productive if they stopped a few posts ahead. Seemed too drawn out to me, like they were talking each other in circles and not through the points they wanted to make.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by Lunalee »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:53 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:06 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:11 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:44 pm gut read: Epi and Owner are scum mates
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:58 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm I suspect these people: JJJ, TH, DH, and timmer in no particular order.
Enlighten me about the JJJ read.
Engages with Epi in his player salad post.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
Which part? And who?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 pm
I think you're trying to set DH up.
A lot of his posts read scummy to me. Maybe, he'll improve tomorrow, but so far, I don't see it.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 pm
That was a joke.

Or was it.
Hmm. You really aren't helping your case. But then again, I can be pretty annoying too.
Epi tries to distance himself from Owner
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null"
If Owner had three or four or five or six votes (I think I heard all of these numbers) around the time this post was made, ask yourself what its purpose was.

The language of this post doesn't suggest "gut" at all, but rather is assertive and sure of itself in a way that doesn't ring true with respect to mere intuition.

"Engages with Epi in his player salad post."

I suppose in this day and age if you name more than two people as suspects, you are guilty of making a "salad" or some nonsense such as that. I named my four top suspects at the time. I ask you, is there a way I can do that without someone being able to characterize it as a "salad?"

"Epi tries to distance himself from Owner"

The biggest issue I have with this particular comment is its circularity: It assumes the conclusion it aims to support is true, which is the only way the premise can be true. This suggests to me that Lunalee is less interested in figuring out if I'm bad or not and more interested in making it look like I am bad should Owner be lynched and be revealed as bad.

" Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null""

And? What about it?

I submit that when it appeared likely that Owner was on the way out the door, Lunalee used one of my own favorite mafia tricks in the book: Getting a preemptive start on the next Day.
Actually the poll was a three-way tie at the time (and Owner was one of the three) I started making this post.
I started looking at Owner's ISO, and I thought, "hey with the way Owner and Epi have interacted with each other, what if they were scum mates?"
Throwing out actual reasons you suspect 4 people is better than just saying you suspect those 4 people. That to me is what makes the difference between "player salad" and "here are my suspects."
The reason I thought is was strange that Owner lists you as "null" was because she seemed to have opinions on everyone else she interacted with except you.
Those were my thoughts, and admittedly I threw out my "gut read" post without a ton of thought, but it was close to EOD, and I thought it might be useful for discussion.
Protip: On Day 1, I don't need reasons to suspect people.
Is this why you're voting me? :p
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:00 pm
Moreso that I got the impression from their exchange that it would have been better/more productive if they stopped a few posts ahead. Seemed too drawn out to me, like they were talking each other in circles and not through the points they wanted to make.
Sure, I guess. I think it was worth her pointing out the rules distinction to Jay, though perhaps he should have realized it earlier, especially considering the host made a specific post about it in addition to the rules...
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:55 pm
I submit that when it appeared likely that Owner was on the way out the door, Lunalee used one of my own favorite mafia tricks in the book: Getting a preemptive start on the next Day.
Meaning she tried to hem you up knowing Owner would flip bad, or meaning she tried to hem you up once Owner flipped civ?
The former.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:05 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:53 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:06 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm I suspect these people: JJJ, TH, DH, and timmer in no particular order.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
Which part? And who?
A lot of his posts read scummy to me. Maybe, he'll improve tomorrow, but so far, I don't see it.
That was a joke.

Or was it.
Hmm. You really aren't helping your case. But then again, I can be pretty annoying too.

Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
If Owner had three or four or five or six votes (I think I heard all of these numbers) around the time this post was made, ask yourself what its purpose was.

The language of this post doesn't suggest "gut" at all, but rather is assertive and sure of itself in a way that doesn't ring true with respect to mere intuition.

"Engages with Epi in his player salad post."

I suppose in this day and age if you name more than two people as suspects, you are guilty of making a "salad" or some nonsense such as that. I named my four top suspects at the time. I ask you, is there a way I can do that without someone being able to characterize it as a "salad?"

"Epi tries to distance himself from Owner"

The biggest issue I have with this particular comment is its circularity: It assumes the conclusion it aims to support is true, which is the only way the premise can be true. This suggests to me that Lunalee is less interested in figuring out if I'm bad or not and more interested in making it look like I am bad should Owner be lynched and be revealed as bad.

" Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null""

And? What about it?

Actually the poll was a three-way tie at the time (and Owner was one of the three) I started making this post.
I started looking at Owner's ISO, and I thought, "hey with the way Owner and Epi have interacted with each other, what if they were scum mates?"
Throwing out actual reasons you suspect 4 people is better than just saying you suspect those 4 people. That to me is what makes the difference between "player salad" and "here are my suspects."
The reason I thought is was strange that Owner lists you as "null" was because she seemed to have opinions on everyone else she interacted with except you.
Those were my thoughts, and admittedly I threw out my "gut read" post without a ton of thought, but it was close to EOD, and I thought it might be useful for discussion.
Protip: On Day 1, I don't need reasons to suspect people.
Is this why you're voting me? :p
No. I'm voting you right now to have some place to vote. Whether it stays or moves is contingent upon what I read, what I stir up, and then what I read.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:02 pm Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to announce Gryffindor won the first round of House Cup. This is looking like in the books already.
Riiiiiiigged.

Somebody mason with me.
*sneer*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm Don't really have time to catch up before the lynch, but I can see from the Who Posted list that Nova still hasn't checked in so I will vote there today.

[VOTE: novaselinenever] aubergine
I am not inclined to give Bullzeye credit for this, and indeed it might make the vote worse. There was a time when an off-wagon whatever vote on a mafia teammate was *el classico* as the resident hazelnut spread likes to say. I cannot remember recent examples of the phenomenon, though I have hardly paid the same kind of attention recently. It's a token distancing maneuver.
Eh. If it doesn't give him any credit, it's not a very good distancing move now is it?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:19 pm i had a dream last night where speedchuck was killed at and he was mafia

that's almost exactly what happened last night
[mention]speedchuck[/mention] :haha:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm Don't really have time to catch up before the lynch, but I can see from the Who Posted list that Nova still hasn't checked in so I will vote there today.

[VOTE: novaselinenever] aubergine
I am not inclined to give Bullzeye credit for this, and indeed it might make the vote worse. There was a time when an off-wagon whatever vote on a mafia teammate was *el classico* as the resident hazelnut spread likes to say. I cannot remember recent examples of the phenomenon, though I have hardly paid the same kind of attention recently. It's a token distancing maneuver.
Eh. If it doesn't give him any credit, it's not a very good distancing move now is it?
Irrelevant and contingent upon the unknown from the mindset of the voter.

It’s not an uncommon thing. That’s why I called it “token”.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Floo Powder: This powder can be used to communicate from great distances. The student who uses this will be able to gain BTSC with another person of their choice until the end of the next night.
Take this, griffendorks. We can make up a secret code and be masons for the entire game.

If you're town, it will be super useful and if you're mafia, it'll at least be hilarious.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If you don't I'm gonna tell my daddy on you.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:13 am Kyle - good
why?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kyle plz.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:30 pm Kyle plz.
plz what
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:30 pm Kyle plz.
plz what
:mad:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ebwop
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

who is that
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Merula Snyde.

Don't play the Harry Potter mobile game. It's garbage. But the memes are good.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] Nice to be playing with you again! We’ve never quite connected in any game we’ve played previously so this might be the first. Tell me, what do you think of Quin?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm
why?
Because your alignment correlates with your smell.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

juliets wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:35 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:30 pm Anyway, on juliets:

Tonally, I don't see an alignment. Her politeness is making it hard to tell. One observation I have very little opinion on but I'll post nonetheless:
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm Oh, by the way, I checked Turnip Head and he is bad.

Voting Turnip Head.

:meany:
Epi aren't the abilities used at night? We haven't had a game night yet. Or am I missing something (there were A LOT of things to digest in game Set-Up).
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:46 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm Owner's suspicion of DH reads ingenuine
Her defense of the Deathly Hallows/Dark Arts thing wasn't even needed, but she overexplained it in a way that looked nervous

Are there any other facets to the case there?
I'd like to see what was behind her "I have my reasons" about DH just in case it's something tangible that happened in this game that I overlooked.
juliets made two "what's going on?" posts on Day 1. The second kind of contradicts the first since I'd expect she go through at least the effort to figure out if things can happen on Day 1 and realise that there isn't anything "tangible" out there at this point.
Hey @Quin the second post was me talking about the fact that I had asked OoaLH several questions that she hadn't yet answered. One of the things I asked her about was what she meant by "I have my reasons" regarding thinking DH was a baddie. I wasn't saying "whats going on?", I was expressing to speed that I was still waiting for her answers. If I've misunderstood your point just let me know.
I was interpreting the word "tangible" to mean concrete information. Role info and stuff like that. You've cleared that up for me in any case.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:05 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm Oh, by the way, I checked Turnip Head and he is bad.

Voting Turnip Head.

HA. yes.
Very early post, lots of ways it can be interpreted. Seven minutes later, though...
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:12 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm Lynching anybody Day 1 always feels bad and everyone seems so happy to be here. Soneji almost never shows up to play so I'ma vote there for now.
I know how you feel. When I'm scum I feel bad about lynching all the innocent townies too. :p
...that starts to look a little, what, opportunistic? I don't know if that's the right word for such early-game banter. Would Luna have said this if Epi hadn't done his thing?

Side: Epi wanna comment on the 'TH is bad' thing? Seems like an appropriate time to discuss now that hes a dead Civ.
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:15 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:01 pm Yeah I've gotta be real with yall unless somebody outright fucks up and slips or somebody builds a damn good case, I'll probably default to a no-show as well.
The funny thing with this game is we might get some magnificent ties. Because if you're on a townie lynch that goes through, your house looses 2 points. So especially on day 1 if I don't have a good scum read, I would rather be a single vote on someone who's not going to die.
DH called this out as a scummy thing to say, iirc, and I have had trouble deciding if I agree.

Looking at it now and forcing my opinion, I have to break it down a little. "The funny thing with this game is we might get some magnificent ties." A hard starting point, I think maybe the phrase "magnificent ties" jams me up because I don't know how to understand that. "Really good ties"... "awesome ties"... "astounding ties"... what makes them magnificent? Anyway...

The rest of the post doesn't give me any logical connection (did someone tell me earlier that seeking logic was bad?) to the idea that ties have anything to do with the post. It's about avoiding being part of a Civ lynch. Looks like a plan to vote off a Civ lynch to avoid losing House points. Not that Luna ended up doing that; she voted Owner in the magnificent tie that I broke at the last second. I come up short with a solid judgment on this one.
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".
This is the post in question:
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm juliets and I are not teammates.

There. Go. Find bad guys.
so you know you're on different teams :ponder:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't have read anything at all into Quin saying that, and the fact that Jay did is a little weird.
Just a bit of 'Quin is good and Jay is bad' in the softest sense. Maybe some value can come out of this after we know Quin and/or Jay's alignments.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:49 pm I feel different than I did in the game you scum read me, but you scum read me in this game as well.
Yay!! You actually understood me. That is correct.

Yes, it might be weird to some, but I guess I'm waiting for you to do something to prove me wrong. I can't explain what that is, but I'll know it when I see it...if it even happens though, which it might not.
Pretty sure Owner is town.
This is pretty pertinent, considering Luna does a complete turnaround on Owner and never really talks about this opinion again.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:55 pm Oh, and just in case anyone wants to shove some truth serum down my throat, I'm town.
Someone said that this was a cagey way to fool a lie detector, I think, but I think it's pretty solid. The "I'm town" statement stands fine, and the stuff before it doesn't invalidate it. Am I wrong? I support detection on this statement, actually, but let me know if my Lie-Logic is missing something.
Which part? And who?
That was a joke.

Or was it.

This is the turnaround post on Owner (and Epi of course). I don't see it the same way as Luna portrays it. I think Owner's question about JJJ is pretty normal, because JJJ had been active enough in the thread to get some opinions going about him. The distancing accusation is really weak, and requires a solid presupposition that they're both bad. You could take almost any accusation post and call it distancing between baddies, if that's what you already think. And I think the Epi-null analysis is apt, because Epi is notoriously hard to read.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Voting Turnip Head.

HA. yes.
Very early post, lots of ways it can be interpreted. Seven minutes later, though...
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm Lynching anybody Day 1 always feels bad and everyone seems so happy to be here. Soneji almost never shows up to play so I'ma vote there for now.
I know how you feel. When I'm scum I feel bad about lynching all the innocent townies too. :p
...that starts to look a little, what, opportunistic? I don't know if that's the right word for such early-game banter. Would Luna have said this if Epi hadn't done his thing?

Side: Epi wanna comment on the 'TH is bad' thing? Seems like an appropriate time to discuss now that hes a dead Civ.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:01 pm Yeah I've gotta be real with yall unless somebody outright fucks up and slips or somebody builds a damn good case, I'll probably default to a no-show as well.
The funny thing with this game is we might get some magnificent ties. Because if you're on a townie lynch that goes through, your house looses 2 points. So especially on day 1 if I don't have a good scum read, I would rather be a single vote on someone who's not going to die.
DH called this out as a scummy thing to say, iirc, and I have had trouble deciding if I agree.

Looking at it now and forcing my opinion, I have to break it down a little. "The funny thing with this game is we might get some magnificent ties." A hard starting point, I think maybe the phrase "magnificent ties" jams me up because I don't know how to understand that. "Really good ties"... "awesome ties"... "astounding ties"... what makes them magnificent? Anyway...

The rest of the post doesn't give me any logical connection (did someone tell me earlier that seeking logic was bad?) to the idea that ties have anything to do with the post. It's about avoiding being part of a Civ lynch. Looks like a plan to vote off a Civ lynch to avoid losing House points. Not that Luna ended up doing that; she voted Owner in the magnificent tie that I broke at the last second. I come up short with a solid judgment on this one.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".

I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't have read anything at all into Quin saying that, and the fact that Jay did is a little weird.
Just a bit of 'Quin is good and Jay is bad' in the softest sense. Maybe some value can come out of this after we know Quin and/or Jay's alignments.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:49 pm I feel different than I did in the game you scum read me, but you scum read me in this game as well.

Yes, it might be weird to some, but I guess I'm waiting for you to do something to prove me wrong. I can't explain what that is, but I'll know it when I see it...if it even happens though, which it might not.
This is pretty pertinent, considering Luna does a complete turnaround on Owner and never really talks about this opinion again.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:55 pm Oh, and just in case anyone wants to shove some truth serum down my throat, I'm town.
Someone said that this was a cagey way to fool a lie detector, I think, but I think it's pretty solid. The "I'm town" statement stands fine, and the stuff before it doesn't invalidate it. Am I wrong? I support detection on this statement, actually, but let me know if my Lie-Logic is missing something.
Which part? And who?
That was a joke.

Or was it.

This is the turnaround post on Owner (and Epi of course). I don't see it the same way as Luna portrays it. I think Owner's question about JJJ is pretty normal, because JJJ had been active enough in the thread to get some opinions going about him. The distancing accusation is really weak, and requires a solid presupposition that they're both bad. You could take almost any accusation post and call it distancing between baddies, if that's what you already think. And I think the Epi-null analysis is apt, because Epi is notoriously hard to read.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I submitted that early, it was going to have an intro part involving Epi's accusation of Luna, which is what made me look into her. It was going to be mildly funny as well, where I show a hypothetical conversation where I ask Epi why Luna, and then he gives me a non-response of some sort as Epi is wont to do, and then I go and do the damn work myself... but oh well.

That was my analysis of why Epi might have the suspicion of Luna.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I would put Luna as Orange Skittle on the rainbow list, based on this.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

karavalenge wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pmEverything with you people is a two-way street

If I don't respond to/with something, it means I'm scum.

If I do respond, it means I'm scum.
[mention]karavalenge[/mention] , is there any evidence that supports your claim here?

Looking at your ISO, this kind of defensive-to-the-point-of-paranoia behaviour shows up a couple of times... and there's not that much else to judge you by.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:05 pm<quote snipped>

This really looks like Owner both is scum and has a Deathly Hallow and got mixed up cause it was altogether in their role card.

It's also possible that they're just confused because the ruleset is really confusing.
This post looks like you think Owner is scum (despite the allowance for confusion due to confusing), but when Owner was on the chopping block, you didn't have a vote on her. You didn't vote for anyone, actually.

Would you have voted for Owner?

If Owner turns up scum, then that looks bad on you: to say she really looks like scum, but stop short of casting a clinching vote for an Owner lynch.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:45 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm
why?
Because your alignment correlates with your smell.
i smell like sandalwood and oranges
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 amKylemii Nice to be playing with you again! We’ve never quite connected in any game we’ve played previously so this might be the first. Tell me, what do you think of Quin?
hello!

quin is taking a more active approach to this game than I'm used to seeing him take, in the sort of jabby punch way that he does, which on the surface level looks good to me.

wbu?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i smell like sandalwood and oranges cus I ran out of one type of soap in the middle of showering and had to finish with the second kind, it wasn't an active choice
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75

Post by karavalenge »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:42 am

This really looks like Owner both is scum and has a Deathly Hallow and got mixed up cause it was altogether in their role card.

It's also possible that they're just confused because the ruleset is really confusing.
This post looks like you think Owner is scum (despite the allowance for confusion due to confusing), but when Owner was on the chopping block, you didn't have a vote on her. You didn't vote for anyone, actually.

If Owner turns up scum, then that looks bad on you: to say she really looks like scum, but stop short of casting a clinching vote for an Owner lynch.
Yes, I missed voting time because of a meeting that ran long that day. That's why I went ahead and voted Owner today.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not gonna read the posts in this game properly until there are at least 2000 posts. Get cracking kids.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So I am a cop and I Quin is Mafia
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am gonna play a game with myself since nobody is here. I am going to read the first three posts of every player in the game in isolation and call out the entire (remaining) scum team. Here we go.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The scum are Jay, Long Con, Quin, Glorfindel and Kyle.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

End dat game.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:18 am So I am a cop and I Quin is Mafia
i love you
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

I'll be gone a good bit of today. I'll post again when I'm home.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

good morning all -

[mention]Bullzeye[/mention] I posted a couple of questions for you to answer but maybe you have not been in the thread since. I am considering voting for you so I hope you will have some dialogue with me first regarding those questions. I'm not sure I "alerted" you with a mention in that post so I'm drawing your attention to it here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 am The scum are Jay, Long Con, Quin, Glorfindel and Kyle.
You have proven yourself adept at identifying mafia when you're civ so I have to seriously consider what you have to say here. What do you see about LC that says he's bad? I have a hell of a time reading him even tho I've played with him for years. And is there anything you would be willing to share about Quin, Glorf, and Kyle? I don't think I've ever seen a bad Glorf so I'd like to know what you see. Thanks for anything you're willing to share.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:46 am

Voting Turnip Head.

HA. yes.

Which part? And who?
That was a joke.

Or was it.

okay, so I guess you weren't there for it, but Epi, Kara, and I were scum in Everyone's insane mafia, and Turnip Head bluffed being a cop on day 2 and said Epi was bad. Epi got lynched, he was bad, we night killed Turnip Head, and he wasn't the cop!
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:37 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:42 am

Yes, I missed voting time because of a meeting that ran long that day. That's why I went ahead and voted Owner today.
But do you really think owner should still be lynched? Because the way she acted when she thought she was going down sort of looked town to me. I don't want her to die today.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Quin wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 am
i love you
hang on, lemme go steal speedchuck's Quindar
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 am
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 amKylemii Nice to be playing with you again! We’ve never quite connected in any game we’ve played previously so this might be the first. Tell me, what do you think of Quin?
hello!

quin is taking a more active approach to this game than I'm used to seeing him take, in the sort of jabby punch way that he does, which on the surface level looks good to me.

wbu?
I’d say that is a remarkably accurate assessment of his contributions so far. I’d be more cautious than you however in jumping to any conclusion about that suggesting that he is ‘good’. Having said that, I’m not sure that my meta/tonal reads even apply here anymore - as I alluded to this morning, things seem very different here now than they were when I used to play. Take Epi for example - I don’t remember him ever being so low key as he appears this game. I was thinking that looked a little out of the ordinary but maybe he’s changed his approach?

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 am The scum are Jay, Long Con, Quin, Glorfindel and Kyle.
You have proven yourself adept at identifying mafia when you're civ so I have to seriously consider what you have to say here. What do you see about LC that says he's bad? I have a hell of a time reading him even tho I've played with him for years. And is there anything you would be willing to share about Quin, Glorf, and Kyle? I don't think I've ever seen a bad Glorf so I'd like to know what you see. Thanks for anything you're willing to share.
Forgive me but... :haha: @juliets: what on earth gave you a crazy idea like that?

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:07 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:40 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:33 pm Have a care, my friend! Insulting a player of the calibre of Jay is neither wise nor becoming.
Psh. JJJ is an expired fad. He was something back in 2015, but has been on the decline for years. He shares his unwanted knowledge from bygone eras of mafia play, back when people played on their iPhone 6. His ego has only increased in the years since he was relevant, as none want to tell him that we've left the old ways. People like you and DDL glorify his name, bowing before the ancient guru as if he weren't a shriveled up stump, vomiting your dignity onto the floor and then splashing around in the puddles.
I have no idea why I just wrote that. I didn't really mean any of it.

Seriously though do something besides sucking up to JJJ or I will find a vig kill or a lynch rope to fit you. :)
Aaah, Chuckles - old friend! I feel like I’ve just been revived from a generation in cryo-suspension. I don’t understand where this hating on Jay has come from. I seem to remember The Syndicate as a somewhat kinder, gentler place. Now, it seems like aggravation and naked threats are the currency here...
Hi Glorf, good to have you playing. What do you see as "hating on Jay"? Are there specific things you're looking at or are you talking about the general tenor of the thread when Jay had votes on him?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Ope, I found it! (am I allowed to post a quote from another game?)
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:29 pm There's a specific way in which Quin disagrees with literally everyone... and how he doesn't give a crap... usually, I see that from town Quin, with a certain belligerently honest tone to it. That's one of the secrets of my quindar. That's a bit of what genuquin means.
...wait. Quin's in Ravenclaw. I don't want to lynch someone in my house. :(
But Quin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 am
i love you
hey mac repeat this last part but throw a 'learned' in between I and Quin there kthx
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 am
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:40 am
Forgive me but... :haha: @juliets: what on earth gave you a crazy idea like that?
[[mention]juliets[/mention] The couple of games I've played with Mac where he was civ he was guns a-blazing picking out mafia. It doesn't mean I automatically buy his picks hook, line and sinker, that's why I asked him for some reasoning on them. It doesn't mean I think you are bad just because he named you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”