Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pm
timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:11 pm I looked over Luna's posts in U-Pick and Mega Man (mafia in both). It's difficult to identify any tonal differences with this game. In terms of content, I do observe that in her mafia performances she was inclined toward individualized player analysis, in the forms of large quote compilations, ISOs, or thorough reads lists, in a way that isn't quite as visible here. Her hunting activity is more reactive and less self-constructed.
Luna is definitely reactionary right now. It reminds me of my earlier mafia career where I would freak out once I realized that I was being eyed. But she seems to be flailing with no idea of an overarching goal. Vote bullz. Don't vote bullz. But vote bullz. But maybe Kara. But no bullz... it's dizzying.
This. Her 3 targets that she's focused on, Bullz, Kara, and me, have all been easy suspicions to come by, and mostly feel like her hopping onto easy suspects already mentioned by others. She criticized me for having too few/weak reads, and only providing "commentary" to the thread, while she herself has been guilty of all of that.

I always read willful hypocrisy as a scumtell. Other folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
I'd put Owner and Lunalee in the evil box. And maaaaaybe JJJ. :srsnod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 3

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Gryffindor won the House Cup again on Day/Night2 (yep, just like the books).

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]
[mention]DharmaHelper[/mention]
[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]

Pick an item. Remember you can't pick the same item as yesterday.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Jackofhearts] aubergine

That guy eats death.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

ISO links have been updated, as well as a list of replacements
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:57 pm Who buys INH as a civilian?
I'm not really sure how to read INH, but he sure didn't appreciate my suspicions of him yesterday. Feel free to go back and look.
What were you expecting his appreciation level regarding your "suspicions" to be?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

For what it’s worth, I remember INH OMGUSing me hard when he was bad once. I also remember him reacting strongly against suspicions when he was town though. In general I think he’s more receptive of theories against his own when he’s town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:30 pm Soneji has done little but try to get me lynched. GTH, they could be scum, and I am very okay with this train.
Name one person besides yourself who could not be bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm A fond EOD letter from JaggedJimmyJay to you,

Hello, dear friend. It would appear that you and I are once again engaged in Mafia combat (or perhaps this is the first time? Well met!) As the game is played, so must we turn hateful eyes against one another, and lose our humanity in a mindless bloodbath all for the sake of brief psychological stimulation. Please, friend, understand that no matter how cruel I sound, or how arrogant my words, or how distant my emotion -- I love you. I have since the start. The world has funneled us into this bizarre electronic communication arena wherein we may exercise our like passions in concert. It is a beautiful opportunity, and I am forever grateful to share it with you.
Go to bed dude
:clap:
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:28 pm Gryffindor won the House Cup again on Day/Night2 (yep, just like the books).

@ColinIsCool
@DharmaHelper
@JaggedJimmyJay

Elite
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: jigglyjameeljafar] aubergine

he's most likely inh teammate fight me
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:11 pm I looked over Luna's posts in U-Pick and Mega Man (mafia in both). It's difficult to identify any tonal differences with this game. In terms of content, I do observe that in her mafia performances she was inclined toward individualized player analysis, in the forms of large quote compilations, ISOs, or thorough reads lists, in a way that isn't quite as visible here. Her hunting activity is more reactive and less self-constructed.
Luna is definitely reactionary right now. It reminds me of my earlier mafia career where I would freak out once I realized that I was being eyed. But she seems to be flailing with no idea of an overarching goal. Vote bullz. Don't vote bullz. But vote bullz. But maybe Kara. But no bullz... it's dizzying.
This. Her 3 targets that she's focused on, Bullz, Kara, and me, have all been easy suspicions to come by, and mostly feel like her hopping onto easy suspects already mentioned by others. She criticized me for having too few/weak reads, and only providing "commentary" to the thread, while she herself has been guilty of all of that.

I always read willful hypocrisy as a scumtell. Other folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.

If Lunalee is bad with INH, I don't expect any of those three to be scum too except maybe Jimmy. That's INH saying "Imma distance but these are options I could switch to so I don't have to bus." You could argue he's not serious about Jimmy so just Glor and Owner are townies from this.

That said I townread Luna* so I tend to think it's actually one of Owner, Glorf and Jay that's teamed with INH. If INH is serious about this vote, the other folks bit would include some distancing.

*I do need to reread Sonjei's case on her knowing that it's something he actually believed.

Regardless, there's no more than one wolf in Luna/Glor/Owner.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:00 pm

If Lunalee is bad with INH, I don't expect any of those three to be scum too except maybe Jimmy. That's INH saying "Imma distance but these are options I could switch to so I don't have to bus." You could argue he's not serious about Jimmy so just Glor and Owner are townies from this.

That said I townread Luna* so I tend to think it's actually one of Owner, Glorf and Jay that's teamed with INH. If INH is serious about this vote, the other folks bit would include some distancing.

*I do need to reread Sonjei's case on her knowing that it's something he actually believed.

Regardless, there's no more than one wolf in Luna/Glor/Owner.

me trying to figure out (a) this post on the surface and (b) whether Jack is scum and if so which of the people mentioned are his teammate(s)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:15 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:28 pm Gryffindor won the House Cup again on Day/Night2 (yep, just like the books).

@ColinIsCool
@DharmaHelper
@JaggedJimmyJay

Elite
Floo powder. My house. :nicenod:

Kyle and I made up a secret code and now it's going to waste.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:04 am
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:25 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:35 pm MacDougall
is mafia. Discuss.
he didn't do the thing i asked him to do
Does this mean he didn't insert the "learned" between I and Quin in his post or is it something else I missed when I did his ISO. Is there anything else you could share about seeing Mac as bad? If you want to wait till day to answer thats fine.
i mean that's a minor thing. i felt it in my bones, juliets! that mark guy is whack!
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm For what it’s worth, I remember INH OMGUSing me hard when he was bad once. I also remember him reacting strongly against suspicions when he was town though. In general I think he’s more receptive of theories against his own when he’s town.
Based on this, INH is probably scum. :kadaj:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

did sloonei just TOWNSLIP?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:31 pm [VOTE: jigglyjameeljafar] aubergine

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:37 am
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 am Switched to [VOTE: jaggedjimmyjay] aubergine for now
I agree with that. I don't believe the first inning as lucky.

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
You’re right, it wasn’t lucky. It was greatness.

[VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
#greatness
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:30 pm Soneji has done little but try to get me lynched. GTH, they could be scum, and I am very okay with this train.
Name one person besides yourself who could not be bad.
You. I don't think you're bad.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:07 pm did sloonei just TOWNSLIP?
:shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cornelius and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about Colin:

nil

Things Colin said/to about INH:

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:06 pm I can’t remember who said it (Quin?) but on my drive home I couldn’t escape the post where someone said Jay looked like he was doing Jay things, but it felt fake and insincere. It was in reference to the juliets brouhaha. I can try and quote it later, but I’m putting my vote there today.

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 pm Ok, this is the post:
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.

Colin cited INH to justify voting for me on Day 1. It was a rather crap point to piggyback on, though I grant my bias in the matter.

Colin calls INH good in a four-tiered D1 reads list. I'm not sure what INH had done to this point to earn that posture.

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:05 pm I have a hard time reading INH. His town and scum games are remarkably similar and I could see him being either at this point. So don’t ask me.

Fart

~~~

Conclusion

There's very little to discuss. This does nothing to make Colin look better. I doesn't make him look substantially worse. It's very meh.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:17 pm

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:37 am
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 am Switched to [VOTE: jaggedjimmyjay] aubergine for now
I agree with that. I don't believe the first inning as lucky.

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
You’re right, it wasn’t lucky. It was greatness.

[VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
#greatness

:haha:

dis man eeble
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

Why?
Day 1, Jay built a case against INH and voted for him.
Jay calls INH out for his player salad, which included Jay
There are multiple other interactions of Jay quoting INH and calling him bad.
So I don't see it.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:37 pm Cornelius and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about Colin:

nil

Things Colin said/to about INH:

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:06 pm I can’t remember who said it (Quin?) but on my drive home I couldn’t escape the post where someone said Jay looked like he was doing Jay things, but it felt fake and insincere. It was in reference to the juliets brouhaha. I can try and quote it later, but I’m putting my vote there today.

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 pm Ok, this is the post:

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.

Colin cited INH to justify voting for me on Day 1. It was a rather crap point to piggyback on, though I grant my bias in the matter.

Colin calls INH good in a four-tiered D1 reads list. I'm not sure what INH had done to this point to earn that posture.

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:05 pm I have a hard time reading INH. His town and scum games are remarkably similar and I could see him being either at this point. So don’t ask me.

Fart

~~~

Conclusion

There's very little to discuss. This does nothing to make Colin look better. I doesn't make him look substantially worse. It's very meh.
:ponder:

I kinda want a math lady emoji
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:45 pm Shiiiit. Kyle was my transfiguration homework hookup.

And good job vig
You got rid of a grifindor :keys:
If all the Griffendors are dead, they can't win the house cup.

Then Hufflepuff might have a chance!

... aw who am I kidding.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dennis and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about DH:

INH views Owner and DH as a dichotomy, sides with DH in the discussion without overtly saying so. I think this might say more about Owner than DH; if anything it could represent two-way TMI (INH tacks himself onto a case driven by one civilian erroneously against another civilian). That requires a little reaching.

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:02 pm

It's not a regression. It is potentially a meta thing.
Would you trust other people who have played with DH over a ton of games and have seen him as both scum and civ if they were to tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree with your meta characterization of him?

TMI

This makes DH look like a squeaky clean civilian.

insertnamehere wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:02 pm I'm gonna drop a vote on Owner. Her efforts so far just seem disingenuous. Her "read" of DH is unjustified baloney, and her other reads are substance-less.

Hopefully I'll be able to participate more on Day 2, and I want to do some more research into JJJ and TH.

OWNER

More of the same. K.

Things DH said to/about INH:

DharmaHelper tosses this sarcastic comment on my initial statement of grievances against INH. It's either a discredit job against me or just DH doing it wrong wrong wrong. :meany: I lean toward the latter.

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:18 pm INH - Goes at Jay, basically just salitily defending himself. Pinged by Nutella/Luna for their participation in Jay's INH case. Again not a lot of stuff to read from INH, but the stuff thats there is defensive by necessity. Meh.

This seems negative, if only mildly so. I'd like it more with some manner of commitment or a clearer stance taken.

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:18 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:15 pm Changing my vote to kara, because timmer's on board with it. And because no one shares my INH suspicions.
Mkayyyyy gonna vote Luna here in a bit I'm sure.

Indirectly relevant. I don't think this was intended as defensive of INH, which warrants saying since the interpretation is possible.

~~~

Conclusion

The most important point is the one I made in the huge font. If anyone interprets that differently, speak now or potentially forever hold your peace. I think DH looks better.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Is INH the type to bus his teammate early? He went after Owner D1 and Luna D2 (voted them) and his tone against them was pretty strong. If he put his team mate(s) on his salad list, it's prob not those 2 judging from his push on them Image

[mention]nutella[/mention] you said you're okay with Soneji lynch but then didn't join. What changed your mind?
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:07 pm did sloonei just TOWNSLIP?
oh i see what you mean now. INH is dead.

maybe i was just trying to fake you out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm A fond EOD letter from JaggedJimmyJay to you,

Hello, dear friend. It would appear that you and I are once again engaged in Mafia combat (or perhaps this is the first time? Well met!) As the game is played, so must we turn hateful eyes against one another, and lose our humanity in a mindless bloodbath all for the sake of brief psychological stimulation. Please, friend, understand that no matter how cruel I sound, or how arrogant my words, or how distant my emotion -- I love you. I have since the start. The world has funneled us into this bizarre electronic communication arena wherein we may exercise our like passions in concert. It is a beautiful opportunity, and I am forever grateful to share it with you.
Rightbackatcha from Glorf,

Yes, dear friend, we are once again engaged in Mafia combat. That said, I am honoured and privileged to have people of your calibre and character here to play with. There is no hate here from me (not towards you at least) and I trust you may join me in the civil and respectful exchange of friends as befits a true gentleman as yourself. It is indeed a beautiful opportunity and I too, am happy to share it with you.

My apologies for sleeping in through last EoD. I was exhausted and forgot to set the alarm :(

I see that Master-Sloonei has joined us in place of poor Owner. This is great news in my view. This game now contains the elite of Mafia experience and skill of the Syndicate and I look forward to a cracking game!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 2

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:06 pm My campaign against playing catch-up has not ended, so don’t expect to read this thread cover to cover. I’m in the middle of doing lots of homework right now but I’ll have free time later tonight. If anyone wants to talk at me about key points in the game or direct my attention to anything interesting that’d be groovy. If not I’ll just throw myself blindly into the conversation when I can.

Also lapluie and I still have not really played a game together on the Syndicate. :pout:
I've been behind like hell, and I'm still catching up. I believe in reading the thread because reading people's posts gives you...I don't know...ideas about them.

You're preemptively hiding behind your "no catch-up" campaign. The thread isn't that hard to digest. I am having to do it in chunks, but it's getting done.

:eye:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:16 pm Image
Don't be jealous. :slick:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

3J hasn't been killed yet because Glorfindel is bad and won't let his teammates kill him.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bucky/Samuel 2.0 and INH

Things INH said to/about Bullzeye:

No direct mention. This barely counts.

Things Bullzeye said to/about INH:

nil

~~~

Conclusion

*runs finger up and down over lips stupidly*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 2

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:06 pm My campaign against playing catch-up has not ended, so don’t expect to read this thread cover to cover. I’m in the middle of doing lots of homework right now but I’ll have free time later tonight. If anyone wants to talk at me about key points in the game or direct my attention to anything interesting that’d be groovy. If not I’ll just throw myself blindly into the conversation when I can.

Also lapluie and I still have not really played a game together on the Syndicate. :pout:
I've been behind like hell, and I'm still catching up. I believe in reading the thread because reading people's posts gives you...I don't know...ideas about them.

You're preemptively hiding behind your "no catch-up" campaign. The thread isn't that hard to digest. I am having to do it in chunks, but it's getting done.

:eye:
Meh. You do it your way and I'll do it mine.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Earnest and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about Epignosis:

This mention is tangential and seems meaningless. Epignosis is just a name that exists in this post so that INH can get to the point of shitting in my corn flakes.

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:20 pm INH- Eh...stop worrying about what other people have to say about you and do something worthwhile with your life, unlike David Lynch. :llama:
This is just good advice for me in general.

k

Things Epignosis said to/about INH:

INH gets the only non-read in Epi's D2 reads list. Call it a would/would not lynch list if you prefer. Not sure it's Epi's style to leave a teammate in a glaring position of exception like this. WIFOM as you please, y'all.

~~~

Conclusion

There isn't enough here to derive any confident conclusions. I don't think Epignosis looks better or worse.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:45 pm Shiiiit. Kyle was my transfiguration homework hookup.

And good job vig
You got rid of a grifindor :keys:
If all the Griffendors are dead, they can't win the house cup.

Then Hufflepuff might have a chance!

... aw who am I kidding.
Dumbledore would still give GD a couple hundred points out of nowhere at the very end of the year with some nonsense reference to chess games and following your heart.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Georgio and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about Glorfindel:

The only time INH mentioned Glorfindel in the game was to include him in the Salad Heard 'Round the World. It's unusual at least. I'll need to return to this moment soon and determine the precise context regarding the thread climate pertaining to Glorfindel in that moment. If there's opportunism in it, then it's less arbitrary. Checking...

It appears Jack had a vote on Glorf at this point, per timmer. Two pages prior he received a little content-heat from Long Con and Jack. Three pages back Epignosis called him a "would lynch". There was at least some degree of crap going Glorf's way during this period, but not a ton. INH would have had to gather that in what I figure was a skim of a catch-up. Opportunism is plausible enough here that I am not inclined to view it as a strong mark against Glorfindel.

Things Glorfindel said to/about INH:

nada

~~~

Conclusion

This does not significantly impact my perception of Glorfindel.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I skimmed INH's posts because he's dead and bad. He seemed agitated by Juliets, Jay, Luna, and my predecessor. I read all these people as Not Death Eaters.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

poutanko wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:54 pm Is INH the type to bus his teammate early? He went after Owner D1 and Luna D2 (voted them) and his tone against them was pretty strong. If he put his team mate(s) on his salad list, it's prob not those 2 judging from his push on them Image

@nutella you said you're okay with Soneji lynch but then didn't join. What changed your mind?
I liked Jay's case initially but wasn't inspired to vote there and his last big post looked town to me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 pm I changed my vote to Colin for now.
I'm curious as to why, would you share? Also, do you still suspect Lunalee? I don't expect you to answer at night but maybe when Day 3 comes around you would.
I'll answer this tomorrow. I know you are dead, but I'll answer it tomorrow. I'm zonked.

Yes, I suspect Luna. I suspect Luna more than Colin.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:03 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:51 pm Oh wow I was wrong about all three of those people. RIP juliets and kyle, bye baddie inh!
I was right about inh! :D
Yet you lacked conviction to lynch him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:42 pm Trust in the salad. :beer:
I prefer to study the dressing.
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 am GTH babey

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
Owner of a Lonely Heart - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
>why did you read Jay as Town then scum this DP?
>do you still has same read on MacD? You voted him last DP.
>what made you read lapluie as Town?
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i don't deserve to be townread so i am suspicious of anyone who is doing so
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

RIP Civs, and great job vig again! Or alternate vig? :shrug2:
Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Why?
So I don't see it.
[mention]nutella[/mention] you going to respond? This JJJ vote of yours is spicy and fun, but could use some savoury goodness. Here's the opportunity to try out your new recipe.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

I've begun staring at the polls for awhile now, slightly drunk on port...

The deathly Hallows cannot be transferred, it says.

Do you think a baddie could have started with a hallow?
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:42 pm Trust in the salad. :beer:
I prefer to study the dressing.
Gimme dem anchovies. :fishslap:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

Also, what is w/w?
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:59 am
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 am GTH babey

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
Owner of a Lonely Heart - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
>why did you read Jay as Town then scum this DP?
>do you still has same read on MacD? You voted him last DP.
>what made you read lapluie as Town?
I've gone back and forth on Jay a lot.
I still scumread Mac.
I thought that your point about lap posting D0 and not D1 was a small but nonzero point in her favor.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am RIP Civs, and great job vig again! Or alternate vig? :shrug2:
Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Why?
So I don't see it.
@nutella you going to respond? This JJJ vote of yours is spicy and fun, but could use some savoury goodness. Here's the opportunity to try out your new recipe.
Tbh it was mostly inspired by the "maaaayybe Jay" in INH's salad post, combined with INH's overall progression on Jay. For a while in his iso it looks like Jay is maybe his top suspect but he drops down to that "maaaayyybe" without much explanation.

So it's sort of a hunch stemming from that, I'm still sorting out whether I think that on the other side of the coin Jay would be likely to have gone after a teammate in the way he went after INH. I was looking for a past game example of Jay bussing, but his only scum game I could remember was the Phenon Origins sock game and that was a weird one where roles weren't revealed and I couldn't quite draw a comparison (also I don't even really remember how it went down, you were the sacrifice right? maybe you could help) so anyway the jury's still kinda out on that
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:07 am I've begun staring at the polls for awhile now, slightly drunk on port...

The deathly Hallows cannot be transferred, it says.

Do you think a baddie could have started with a hallow?
wait what do you mean where does it say the deathly hallows cannot be transferred? not sure what you're referring to?
also, sure I'd think it's possible, why not?

timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:12 am Also, what is w/w?
wolf/wolf aka scum teammates, if I say I don't think some two people are likely to be w/w it means I don't think they're bad together
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”