Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 3

Post by nutella »

Oh I see in the rules where it says they can't be transferred to another player, only gained through death. misunderstood what you were saying there. Not really sure what point you're trying to make though.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

I'm struggling to pst what I wantto say properly, I'm a bit lit.

I'll write it better tomorrow but I'm hot liking long con s vote history and vote timing... I think it is vey possible he saved owner day 1. I think his inh vote needs more study too. He's been very manipulative with his voting strategy and his early stated aim to be hallow hunting makes for easy cover for those late votes

I'll try to lay it out better tomorrow
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:04 am i don't deserve to be townread so i am suspicious of anyone who is doing so
Town read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 am I'm struggling to pst what I wantto say properly, I'm a bit lit.

I'll write it better tomorrow but I'm hot liking long con s vote history and vote timing... I think it is vey possible he saved owner day 1. I think his inh vote needs more study too. He's been very manipulative with his voting strategy and his early stated aim to be hallow hunting makes for easy cover for those late votes

I know nothing of the context here, but I can confirm that Owner was not bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 am I'm a bit lit.

I'm hot liking long con
:grin:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:03 pmIs Jack bad?
To the bone. :mafia:

But I ain't no death eater.
The llama method says that baddies are made uncomfortable by direct statements of their alignment. It used to be that they’d have trouble denying their badness at all, but once that became an established tell folks adapted to it. Now the tell, if it really exists, would awkwardly worded answers.

I’ve read like 5 of Jack’s posts but this one had the ring of someone who was being too careful to sound casual.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:44 am
timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 am I'm a bit lit.

I'm hot liking long con
:grin:
Aren’t we all?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:18 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am RIP Civs, and great job vig again! Or alternate vig? :shrug2:
Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:31 pm [VOTE: jigglyjameeljafar] aubergine

he's most likely inh teammate fight me
Why?
Day 1, Jay built a case against INH and voted for him.
Jay calls INH out for his player salad, which included Jay
There are multiple other interactions of Jay quoting INH and calling him bad.
So I don't see it.
@nutella you going to respond? This JJJ vote of yours is spicy and fun, but could use some savoury goodness. Here's the opportunity to try out your new recipe.
Tbh it was mostly inspired by the "maaaayybe Jay" in INH's salad post, combined with INH's overall progression on Jay. For a while in his iso it looks like Jay is maybe his top suspect but he drops down to that "maaaayyybe" without much explanation.

So it's sort of a hunch stemming from that, I'm still sorting out whether I think that on the other side of the coin Jay would be likely to have gone after a teammate in the way he went after INH. I was looking for a past game example of Jay bussing, but his only scum game I could remember was the Phenon Origins sock game and that was a weird one where roles weren't revealed and I couldn't quite draw a comparison (also I don't even really remember how it went down, you were the sacrifice right? maybe you could help) so anyway the jury's still kinda out on that
I was the sacrifice? Sounds awful, I don't remember. I wouldn't peg Jay as the bussing type, but I don't know. I was bad with him in that Mafia game where we were letter-based call-signs (Bravo, Delta, etc) and I screwed up early and spectacularly as I usually do when bad, and let everyone down, and he stepped up and ran the show until he got us the baddie win. Good times. :noble:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

In all seriousness though, lit!timmer might have a point. Even regardless of owner's alignment I could read LC as bad. Looking at his ISO I'ma just pull out the top 3 most suspicious posts at face value:

here
and here
are two examples of eager-as-a-puppy hopping onto other people's potential easy reasons to go after someone

and this
could be what some like to call the "caught for the wrong reasons" tell

ok that was a fun exercise but from looking through his ISO I think he has more posts that leave me with town feelings than posts that don't :shrug2: what might merit deeper analysis is his d2 case against Luna that he seemed pretty confident in a while but he eventually switched to INH, and that could be teammate compatible since I think he'd have reason to be confident that an INH lynch wasn't going to take flight by that point
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:58 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am RIP Civs, and great job vig again! Or alternate vig? :shrug2:

Why?
So I don't see it.
@nutella you going to respond? This JJJ vote of yours is spicy and fun, but could use some savoury goodness. Here's the opportunity to try out your new recipe.
Tbh it was mostly inspired by the "maaaayybe Jay" in INH's salad post, combined with INH's overall progression on Jay. For a while in his iso it looks like Jay is maybe his top suspect but he drops down to that "maaaayyybe" without much explanation.

So it's sort of a hunch stemming from that, I'm still sorting out whether I think that on the other side of the coin Jay would be likely to have gone after a teammate in the way he went after INH. I was looking for a past game example of Jay bussing, but his only scum game I could remember was the Phenon Origins sock game and that was a weird one where roles weren't revealed and I couldn't quite draw a comparison (also I don't even really remember how it went down, you were the sacrifice right? maybe you could help) so anyway the jury's still kinda out on that
I was the sacrifice? Sounds awful, I don't remember. I wouldn't peg Jay as the bussing type, but I don't know. I was bad with him in that Mafia game where we were letter-based call-signs (Bravo, Delta, etc) and I screwed up early and spectacularly as I usually do when bad, and let everyone down, and he stepped up and ran the show until he got us the baddie win. Good times. :noble:
That's the one.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 am I'm struggling to pst what I wantto say properly, I'm a bit lit.

Well, it's very '100% accurate' that I saved Owner on Day 1, not just 'possible'. It was tied between Owner and TH, and I voted TH in the last minute. I don't think the INH vote was that late... it was late in my personal timeline, but there were a couple of hours left in the lynch, and I wasn't in contention for any Hallows that time.

Lay it out better tomorrow, Lit.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:02 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:58 am

Why?
So I don't see it.

That's the one.
Ok, good... I don't remember the 'sacrifice' angle, I thought In just did something LC-ish and scumslipped or something.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ugh, please don't call me eager-as-a-puppy.
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

...and I thought dealing with Luna in Outpost was quite something ( ̄▽ ̄)

Tbh nutella, you look very sus due to your reaction after DH questioning you and you kept changing your vote as if you're having panic attack because you're caught (with 1 saying you voted MacD but in the poll it's still on timmer which made me think you're not serious with your suspicion against him)+asking Juliet if she has a Hallow. But then you must be suicidal if you're scum and be so blatant asking Juliet about Hallow and next thing we know we get dead Juliet. Frame attempt because of your epic derping+scum attempt to get Hallow - could be. I'll reread again later to decide what you are <_<
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

I've still got a lot of stuff to catch up on since I got unexpectedly drawn away today but I'll do some real heel-digging tomorrow.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:02 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pmOther folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.
Prototypical player salad. Y'all want a definition? This is the definition, or at least of the manner of salad that has most frequently caught bad guys in my experience. Put it in the encyclopedia.

"I would be willing to lynch X, Y, Z, or maaaaaaybe W" is literally how I have described player salad in the past.
Reeaal. Also he ignored my (+your) testimony that Luna's behavior is not indicative of a mafia alignment.
I noticed that as well - your ideas sounded sure, and believable, though I haven't checked it out for myself in Luna's other games yet.

I'm happy to put a vote on [VOTE: INH] aubergine instead.
here we go -- for context in the several posts before this he builds a case on, highly suspects, and votes for Luna, but when Jay points out INH's salad he's all OOOOO SALAD and jumps on that here, seeming to back off of his Luna case too easily after my assertion that she wasn't matching her scum meta. I'm not wording this very well but I feel like scum LC could have built the case on town Luna and when that got resistance he backed off onto his teammate, even though Luna was still on the table to be lynched and INH wasn't really yet, and he either didn't want to look responsible for a town lynch or did want to look instrumental in a scum lynch. idk, maybe I'm stretching it but [mention]Long Con[/mention] I'm interested in your response. why did you back off of luna so easily, even with the disclaimer that you hadn't checked out her meta for yourself? why did you decide to vote INH suddenly after the salad was brought to your attention?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

[mention]timmer[/mention] if you read INH posts about Owner, it's pretty hostile. Don't think they're buddies.
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 am ...and I thought dealing with Luna in Outpost was quite something ( ̄▽ ̄)

Tbh nutella, you look very sus due to your reaction after DH questioning you and you kept changing your vote as if you're having panic attack because you're caught (with 1 saying you voted MacD but in the poll it's still on timmer which made me think you're not serious with your suspicion against him)+asking Juliet if she has a Hallow. But then you must be suicidal if you're scum and be so blatant asking Juliet about Hallow and next thing we know we get dead Juliet. Frame attempt because of your epic derping+scum attempt to get Hallow - could be. I'll reread again later to decide what you are <_<
I tend to change my mind a lot. It gets me in trouble often, but in some recent games when I've tried to pull back on it a little and be more stubborn in my views it has bitten me in the ass so I find it's better to keep an open mind and question all possible angles.

The lateness of my Mac vote was just an oversight on my part, I posted the vote tag and forgot to actually change my poll vote at the same time.

I certainly hope my faux pas with juliets didn't lead to her getting killed. In any case I believed that she really didn't have one because of how she responded/since she didn't even realize she was the last voter/would have gotten it, so joke's on scum if they were trying to get one. But I shouldn't have asked.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:11 am
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pmOther folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.
Prototypical player salad. Y'all want a definition? This is the definition, or at least of the manner of salad that has most frequently caught bad guys in my experience. Put it in the encyclopedia.

"I would be willing to lynch X, Y, Z, or maaaaaaybe W" is literally how I have described player salad in the past.
Reeaal. Also he ignored my (+your) testimony that Luna's behavior is not indicative of a mafia alignment.
I noticed that as well - your ideas sounded sure, and believable, though I haven't checked it out for myself in Luna's other games yet.

here we go -- for context in the several posts before this he builds a case on, highly suspects, and votes for Luna, but when Jay points out INH's salad he's all OOOOO SALAD and jumps on that here, seeming to back off of his Luna case too easily after my assertion that she wasn't matching her scum meta. I'm not wording this very well but I feel like scum LC could have built the case on town Luna and when that got resistance he backed off onto his teammate, even though Luna was still on the table to be lynched and INH wasn't really yet, and he either didn't want to look responsible for a town lynch or did want to look instrumental in a scum lynch. idk, maybe I'm stretching it but @Long Con I'm interested in your response. why did you back off of luna so easily, even with the disclaimer that you hadn't checked out her meta for yourself? why did you decide to vote INH suddenly after the salad was brought to your attention?
I thought your defense of Luna sounded like something real, and deserved looking into. Your characterization of her "more cool and manipulative" baddie game didn't look like her game here. For INH, I'm a big believer in Player Salad as a tell, which you referenced elsewhere in your post. I didn't want to leave my vote on Luna, and JJJ's catch of Player Salad made for a good new place to put my vote. I didn't vote him as a bussing move, I voted him because he looked bad to me. I was surprised no one else chose to put a vote on him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Again, I don’t know the full context here, but I can vouch for nutella’s frequent mind-changes. It’s usually a town-tell imo, but that’s not definite.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 am Again, I don’t know the full context here, but I can vouch for nutella’s frequent mind-changes. It’s usually a town-tell imo, but that’s not definite.
Yea iirc Juliet (and 1 other guy I think?) said the same. But then there are those who still scum read her so >_>
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Soneji voters: Juliets, Lunalee, timmer, Jackofhearts2005, JaggedJimmyJay
I'll ISO them later.

Who's the one leading the vote before it went to Soneji? Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 am

here we go -- for context in the several posts before this he builds a case on, highly suspects, and votes for Luna, but when Jay points out INH's salad he's all OOOOO SALAD and jumps on that here, seeming to back off of his Luna case too easily after my assertion that she wasn't matching her scum meta. I'm not wording this very well but I feel like scum LC could have built the case on town Luna and when that got resistance he backed off onto his teammate, even though Luna was still on the table to be lynched and INH wasn't really yet, and he either didn't want to look responsible for a town lynch or did want to look instrumental in a scum lynch. idk, maybe I'm stretching it but @Long Con I'm interested in your response. why did you back off of luna so easily, even with the disclaimer that you hadn't checked out her meta for yourself? why did you decide to vote INH suddenly after the salad was brought to your attention?
I thought your defense of Luna sounded like something real, and deserved looking into. Your characterization of her "more cool and manipulative" baddie game didn't look like her game here. For INH, I'm a big believer in Player Salad as a tell, which you referenced elsewhere in your post. I didn't want to leave my vote on Luna, and JJJ's catch of Player Salad made for a good new place to put my vote. I didn't vote him as a bussing move, I voted him because he looked bad to me. I was surprised no one else chose to put a vote on him.
OK, fair response except you're still saying that my claims about Luna's meta "deserved looking into" except you never got around to looking into them, you just decided to trust me and back off of your Luna vote. It's certainly not a slam-dunk scumtell that you just took my word for it to change your mind, but it kinda felt like you were letting other people dictate your opinions and your previous scumread on Luna seemed quite strong for you to so quickly dismiss it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:34 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 am Again, I don’t know the full context here, but I can vouch for nutella’s frequent mind-changes. It’s usually a town-tell imo, but that’s not definite.
Yea iirc Juliet (and 1 other guy I think?) said the same. But then there are those who still scum read her so >_>
Care to give me some other reads? Both town and scum reads, if you've got them. I just got here and you're a player I've never met, so I'm interested in your opinion on things.

linki: I see you're interested in the soneji wagon. That's probably not a bad place to look. Do you have any initial thoughts on any of those folks while we're here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Olivia/Stanley and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about Owner:

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.

I get the feeling Owner was an easy target for mafia members to pursue on Day 1, because the specific nature of the suspicion against her was easy to heap on -- it was a specific notion related to pictures about which only Owner is likely to have much understanding in the current player roster. That means Owner won't have as much vocal support, and observers will find her accusations confusing or dubious. In that regard I think INH looks opportunistic here, which would be a good thing for Owner/Sloonei.

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:02 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.
It's not a regression. It is potentially a meta thing.
Would you trust other people who have played with DH over a ton of games and have seen him as both scum and civ if they were to tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree with your meta characterization of him?

I get a similar impression here. This post from INH represents an effort to discredit Owner on the basis that she doesn't know DH as well as others here know him. This reveals a lot about DH as I already said, but I think it also says something about Owner. There's condescension in this which I don't think is always as likely to exist in mafia-mafia interactions.

insertnamehere wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:02 pm I'm gonna drop a vote on Owner. Her efforts so far just seem disingenuous. Her "read" of DH is unjustified baloney, and her other reads are substance-less.

Hopefully I'll be able to participate more on Day 2, and I want to do some more research into JJJ and TH.

OWNER
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:03 pm whoops wrong tag

[VOTE: OWNER] aubergine

INH voted Owner on Day 1 and remained there through the deadline. The counterwagon was a civilian, which I think is at least somewhat decent for Owner.

INH reinforced his Owner suspicions when I suggested they weren't well-founded.

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pm
timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:11 pm I looked over Luna's posts in U-Pick and Mega Man (mafia in both). It's difficult to identify any tonal differences with this game. In terms of content, I do observe that in her mafia performances she was inclined toward individualized player analysis, in the forms of large quote compilations, ISOs, or thorough reads lists, in a way that isn't quite as visible here. Her hunting activity is more reactive and less self-constructed.
Luna is definitely reactionary right now. It reminds me of my earlier mafia career where I would freak out once I realized that I was being eyed. But she seems to be flailing with no idea of an overarching goal. Vote bullz. Don't vote bullz. But vote bullz. But maybe Kara. But no bullz... it's dizzying.
This. Her 3 targets that she's focused on, Bullz, Kara, and me, have all been easy suspicions to come by, and mostly feel like her hopping onto easy suspects already mentioned by others. She criticized me for having too few/weak reads, and only providing "commentary" to the thread, while she herself has been guilty of all of that.

I always read willful hypocrisy as a scumtell. Other folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine

She made an unsurprising appearance in his salad.

Things Owner said to/about INH:

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:10 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Would you trust other people who have played with DH over a ton of games and have seen him as both scum and civ if they were to tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree with your meta characterization of him?
Probably not on DH cause I'm stubborn, but I am trying to take some leaps in faith elsewhere. I would probably need to do a meta dive in past scum DH game to change my mind. Luna and Colin, I might listen to, but I like having proof.

This was in response to the question INH posed to her about DH's meta. This doesn't move me particularly.

Null on a N1 reads list

This isn't my favorite thing. INH had devoted a large percentage of his content to giving Owner crap, so I'd have liked to see more than a dang null read here.

~~~

Conclusion

I think INH's posts work in Owner/Sloonei's favor. He seemed to take advantage of the bad climate she was suffering, and he followed through on that by trying contributing to what could have been a full lynching wagon (with a confirmed civilian counterwagon available in TH). Owner's own posts are less inspiring. I think think bumps the ticker up slightly.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Penelope and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about poutanko:

nil

Things poutanko said to/about INH:

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:56 pm INH gave me impression he's buddying the newbie like what DH did to me on Outpost. Him giving limited read on other players feel similar as Juliet. Guarded. He jokes more here than on Outpost tho.

Bullzeye you're asked about your read on your voters. At least you can do that much? Image

This is the only relevant comment, and it's mildly negative about INH (without a concrete read being stated). I'd like it more if it felt less like casual commentary and more like an interrogative effort to learn more.

~~~

Conclusion

There's too little to draw significant conclusions. I recommend reading poutanko at face value instead of via this interaction, unless that one post speaks to you.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:38 am
Care to give me some other reads? Both town and scum reads, if you've got them. I just got here and you're a player I've never met, so I'm interested in your opinion on things.

linki: I see you're interested in the soneji wagon. That's probably not a bad place to look. Do you have any initial thoughts on any of those folks while we're here?
I've given my reads before but maybe an update later after I'm home. I'm new here of course you've never met me :p

When I went to sleep there was no Soneji wagon so that's odd. I scum read Juliet until last night and she flipped Town. Jay sounds crazy/random earlier but lately he sounds more sane. Jack and Luna both I've played with before, nothing unusual from what I know of them (just 1 game tho, Outpost). Timmer was quiet earlier and when the votes were stacked on Bullz he showed up and became more active.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:04 am i don't deserve to be townread so i am suspicious of anyone who is doing so
I periodically remember that you are playing this game. You've been thoroughly forgettable and I'm not sure I could name more than one opinion you have had in this game, the one being suspicion of Mac (which I share). I wonder if I should be worried about that. I don't have much of a handle on your meta at all really. Luna's take resonated with me a bit, about expecting you to be more... abrasive. I know you can be abrasive as scum too (*cough*FE) and perhaps conversely you can be more chill as town. Also I agree with Sloonei that this very post is a good look.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lorenzo and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about LC:

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 am
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:19 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
PLAYER SALAD! Great catch, and an even greater image used. Took me a sec, at first I thought the women represented the accused players laughing at the accuser. Which was fun too.

Player salad is a proven finder of baddies. Even the last game I was in, I accused Luna of it, and she was bad.
Ah, yes, Player Salad! That mafia term that we all definitely know/remember the definition of. But, y'know, just for shit and/or giggles, could you please define that term?

nutella accused Owner of player salad, and LC was eager to talk about the reliability of the tell. INH pooh-poohed this with his typical sarcasm, which is ironic considering the salad that he served up later. :p

I think it's a decent look for LC. INH tried to render his commentary as asinine.

Things Long Con said to/about INH:

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Recalling the same Seinfeld example I mentioned earlier to Long Con (J Peterman is evil):
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:45 pm
J Peterman wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:43 pm So, from what I've gathered, I'm happiest to vote George, Whatley, or Frank today. And maybe Leo. But less likely Leo.
Peterman, this is no time for player salad! You just talked about everyone, so pick one!
Yes. This is just the kind of Salad I recognize. Excellent reference as well!!

:suspish: INH

When I jumped on INH's salad, LC was again eager as with the prior salad example re: nutella/Owner.

Long Con threw his vote on INH given the salad and his agreement with nutella's observation here. I don't think this maneuver appears inauthentic.

~~~

Conclusion

I think this review at least slightly improves Long Con's standing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:52 amJay sounds crazy/random earlier but lately he sounds more sane.
Someone figured out in two game cycles that which still seems to confuse so many who've played with me for years. :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:36 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 am

OK, fair response except you're still saying that my claims about Luna's meta "deserved looking into" except you never got around to looking into them, you just decided to trust me and back off of your Luna vote. It's certainly not a slam-dunk scumtell that you just took my word for it to change your mind, but it kinda felt like you were letting other people dictate your opinions and your previous scumread on Luna seemed quite strong for you to so quickly dismiss it.
You're exaggerating the strength of my Luna read. My ISO of her wasn't like, a slam-dunk, it was a bad feeling. It's true that I haven't looked into your Luna ideas yet. I've mostly been reading on my phone for the last day or so, and I do more research when I'm on my desktop. Power was out here for most of my free time today, meaning phone-only.

I don't let other people dictate my actions, but peoples' opinions do influence my actions.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:57 am
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:52 amJay sounds crazy/random earlier but lately he sounds more sane.
Someone figured out in two game cycles that which still seems to confuse so many who've played with me for years. :eek:
more sane doesn't mean you're sane, just less crazy :grin:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll do Jordanofhearts for you, J'zargo. Because I'm ON IT.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:39 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 pm Can't recall a thing the guy has posted. That's kind of how he always is so basically NAI, but it means nothing is particularly in his favor.
in which I provide a link to my own grievances in hopes of aiding my good friend nutella of The Syndicate in her efforts to interpret the play of another esteemed Syndicateer by the name of insertnamehere
Yeah well I think your read that INH's read on Owner's read being baseless is baseless is baseless.
Indirect defense of INH through discrediting of Jay's case. Not ideal.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:07 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:55 pm y'all are awaking SALTY inh

still nowhere near CC123 levels, but give it time.
That reminds me. Fuck the button.
Cordial jollity. Not ideal. Also I'll push that button whenever I damn well please. I'll push it real good.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:39 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:35 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:24 pm For real though Lunalee is hecka scum
And I was feeling quite proud of my scum-hunting today. :pout:
Who do you suspect again?
INH. have you read any of my posts?
I read the one where you laughed at my joke and the other one where TH was like "I feel bad about lynching people D1" and you were like "Yeah, I feel bad about lynching townies."

Now that I think about it, that might not be that suspicious.
Ignorant of an apparent case against INH. I think this says more about Jack's relation to luna than INH.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm I think I'm going to use INH's strategy of just suspecting people who suspect me. That sounds like a really easy way to play this game.
I think this is mildly critical of INH, but I'm missing the complete context and it was probably said at least partially in jest. I could see it as a coy bit of distancing between partners.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:13 pm Speedball is a superhero who is like a living bludger.
Tell me about INH and Soneji.
I’d rather lynch them than Luna, Bullzeye or Owner.

I don’t have any reason to townread either. Sonjei’s Luna push looks like a known mislynch push. INH’s reactions to pushes on him look kinda suspect.
This isn't necessarily a bad look, but his back is up against the wall and this is the kind of smooth response scum Jack would provide to a question about his teammate on Day 2.

Lynch Jack, 2018.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

The following players are ON NOTICE:

MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
Glorfindel
karavalenge

You are ON NOTICE.

(meaning these players are most deserving of my scrutiny for the remainder of this day phase and my vote will almost certainly be within this pool)

now if you'll excuse me, I have some investigation I've been meaning to do regarding Jack.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:38 am

I've given my reads before but maybe an update later after I'm home. I'm new here of course you've never met me :p

When I went to sleep there was no Soneji wagon so that's odd. I scum read Juliet until last night and she flipped Town. Jay sounds crazy/random earlier but lately he sounds more sane. Jack and Luna both I've played with before, nothing unusual from what I know of them (just 1 game tho, Outpost). Timmer was quiet earlier and when the votes were stacked on Bullz he showed up and became more active.
What does this tell you about timmer?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Tag me if you have question, Girls Day Out time, bai bai ~ Image
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

I don't trust timmer enough to read him as town
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:54 am
I periodically remember that you are playing this game. You've been thoroughly forgettable and I'm not sure I could name more than one opinion you have had in this game, the one being suspicion of Mac (which I share). I wonder if I should be worried about that. I don't have much of a handle on your meta at all really. Luna's take resonated with me a bit, about expecting you to be more... abrasive. I know you can be abrasive as scum too (*cough*FE) and perhaps conversely you can be more chill as town. Also I agree with Sloonei that this very post is a good look.
i've felt as though you've been in my corner for most of this game though i have absolutely no idea why. you haven't explicitly said this, but joining me on the mac train even though my own reason was so lacklustre and then gth reading me as good makes me feel this way and this feeling is not great.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:09 am I don't trust timmer enough to read him as town
probably because he's bad
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:09 am
i've felt as though you've been in my corner for most of this game though i have absolutely no idea why. you haven't explicitly said this, but joining me on the mac train even though my own reason was so lacklustre and then gth reading me as good makes me feel this way and this feeling is not great.
"in your corner"? all I know is that we both suspect mac, but for separate reasons. I didn't "join you on the mac train", I'm not sure which of us was first but my suspicion of him is completely independent from yours
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

INH and Jack
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:42 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm I think I'm going to use INH's strategy of just suspecting people who suspect me. That sounds like a really easy way to play this game.
:sigh:
EXASPERATION

... :shrug: This does NOTHING
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:09 am I don't trust timmer enough to read him as town
Why's that? @potato
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outside research on jack proving largely inconclusive; gut research says he's bad
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

+sloonei's research also says jack's bad
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:13 am
"in your corner"? all I know is that we both suspect mac, but for separate reasons. I didn't "join you on the mac train", I'm not sure which of us was first but my suspicion of him is completely independent from yours
i know it's for different reasons. but my reason sucked. did you know why i was on the train when you voted for him?
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:19 am
i know it's for different reasons. but my reason sucked. did you know why i was on the train when you voted for him?
no, not really? why do you keep calling it a train
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:03 am
The following players are ON NOTICE:

MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
Glorfindel
karavalenge

You are ON NOTICE.

(meaning these players are most deserving of my scrutiny for the remainder of this day phase and my vote will almost certainly be within this pool)

now if you'll excuse me, I have some investigation I've been meaning to do regarding Jack.
Hey I noticed that JACKOFHEARTS2005 is ON NOTICE and I am interested in hearing about why JACKOFHEARTS2005 is ON NOTICE because this aligns with a thing that I'm doing, thank you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:19 am
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:19 am
no, not really? why do you keep calling it a train
1< vote = train
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:17 am outside research on jack proving largely inconclusive; gut research says he's bad
I'd give reading the thread a 2/10. Has its purposes but overall it's for nerds.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

maybe 2 votes is more of like a detached ute
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”