Posts in topic: 9

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:52 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:48 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 am
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pm I have to leave for awhile, I was hoping sig would post his walk-through before I had to go. For now, I'm going to vote for Wilgy.

@DrWilgy if you come online would please explain your vote for c-bob and tell us a little bit about your reads or suspicions or anything game related except mechanics?

I will be back after I have done my physical therapy. I will not, btw, be here for EOD. Way past my bedtime.
I did it to tie the game earlier lol. Didn't have time to double check since then.

Wow now he shows up. How was Baddie BTSC there for that stretch of time you almost got lynched my dude?
Didn't even know I was up to lynch. Was it close? Would the sting hurt?
Cool.
Remember when Wilgy was one of us. Back when he was in med school. Now he is all grown up and is no longer one of us and it pains me DharmaHelper. It pains me so.
Eventually we all sing our last song.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:04 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:02 am ok so, 2 kills at night means....

mafia + sakana sashimi/savage pixie/trickster/dark worshipper?

is the general consensus that the trickster is probably a mafia role? it mentions some special rules/modifications involved in killing but doesn't mention specifically being able to kill on its own
I mean, TH's role is listed as "corrupted remnant", which may actually just be indie.
Nah dude that's an LC Mafia team name for sure.
I'd probably lean that way, but i'm not certain of it. Is the remnant singular or plural?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

REZZ
PLZ
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] [mention]Black Rock[/mention] will we get told when a team is eliminated?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] what's your blood type
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:36 am Examining kyle1002.

Lots of joke posts on Day 0.
Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:19 pm Keep an eye on the folks who darted in here early and, in light of the D0 poll result, pooh-poohed ties on the lynch poll. It’s a subtle way to establish a preemptive cop-out for either train-hopping later (to show they stick to their convictions) or blame-shifting to set up fall guys who tie polls that result in mislynches.

Close lynches and ties (whether mid-phase or at EOD) are valuable sources of information. Granted, that information is best in hindsight after the herd has thinned some.
We may not know who is on the Tribunal but we’re starting out with more civs than baddies (unless this game is extra-double whacky) and there are also two baddie factions, so the odds are against Tribunal being filled with one baddie team.
what is tribunal?
"Likes" G-man's speculation about tie naysayers and doesn't know what the tribunal is. This post does nothing. What did you like about G-man's post, Kyle?
i don't remember what i liked about that post exactly, because looking at it now i don't think it shows anything particularly positive about gman. i think the "like" was more for the purpose of supporting the idea he was presenting, than supporting gman for having the idea in the first place, if that makes sense.
Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:05 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:32 pmYeah if someone votes to break ties that's also worth looking at but what I'm saying is if someone votes to cause a tie, and especially if that tie then breaks against whoever they voted for, that's a red flag for me :shrug:
when did this start? was this always your opinion on ties? i don't remember this coming up before and i feel like it would have, cus i basically do that constantly
DH is talking about something specific to this game and kyle questions the history of it. I still can do nothing with this.
i was irked because it seemed like he was posturing about something he shouldn't reasonably have a strong opinion about based on what i remembered of his past track record.
Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 pm
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:17 pm Actually, to be more clear, Luna's vote seems fine. I was trying to reference this POST of hers: "Sorry, but that is not a god reason to vote someone. Anything Jack has done this game to make you suspect him?"

I don't like when people try to make big deals out of anyone's day 1 vote, because frankly, to me they ALL are weak votes. Why call one specific one out?
"Like!"
Now he Likes timmer's post calling out Luna. What did you like about timmer's post, Kyle?
i don't remember that post at all. maybe the "like" system is not as effective as it could be, i remember seeing timmer's hunting effort and thinking "damn that looks like some good effort, i better 'like' that" but i don't know why i liked that post in particular.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:04 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:53 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:50 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:48 am
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:47 am Luna's cool for now

Probably gonna move my vote to Colin soon unless he steps it up
Nah.

Lock civilian.
is your lock civilian luna or colin? also why
Colin.

Let's play a game.

You guess why I believe Colin is a lock civilian.
that sounds like a fun game except instead of doing that, what if you just told me why you believe colin is good and then afterward i'll tell you if i guessed it correctly
This post is less concerning coming from Kyle than it would be from other players, but something about it seems yucky. I can read it as kyle holding back from needing to provide a read.
i was tired lol. i just wanted an answer to my question without having to jump through a hoop, so i responded a little snarkily. i felt bad about being rude almost immediately and did his thing anyways though:
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 am i don't see anything shiningly obvious-good in colin's posts, and i don't know colin's baseline game-personality well enough to know what his tendencies are
This is his stance. Okay.
^^^
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 amFail.
you're a little confusing sometimes,

what do you think of DH (DharmaHelper)
Promptly changes the subject to DH. Why did you want to know about DH here, Kyle?
was still trying to feel out DH's thing from earlier
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:37 am i think there's like a 85% chance epi/sloonei is a civ
Why?
was a typo that i didn't really clarify, but at that time i felt like epignosis' pursuit of you seemed in line with what i'd seen of him before, but i also liked your responses. in my mind the possibility that you were bad made up the 10% of the 15% and epi made up the 5%.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 am I didn’t say what I voted for but it was the Become More, sorry.

I like Epi’s post re: DDL’s role speculation.
This was the main ping. Up to this point he had asked a mechanics question and said he voted for the N0 poll randomly. His first engagement with the actual game was to say he liked Epi's post on DDL, with no elaboration or follow up. Since I was going to be out of pocket all day, I figured I would rather have my vote out there and doing something than locked up tight and useless, so I voted. I didn't want to say my reason, because it gives him an easy out if he's mafia to make the suspicion go away. I wanted to see a response not based on my suspicion, and sure enough I got it. Not giving a reason also sort of forces people who jump on the wagon to supply their own reasoning, rather than just saying "yep I agree." D1 I think that's particularly valuable.
like!!!
What did you like about cbob's post, Kyle?
cbob's post here and the actions detailed within it represented to me what was indicative of a civ minded cbob, maybe it's naive, but it seemed like a specific enough thought process that it would be more likely to come from a civ than mafia. a small gambit that slightly sacrifices optics for the sake of learning slightly more is more likely to benefit civ than maf, i think.
thanx
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:26 am @Sloonei i think i agree with your assessment of juliets' posts here

jc's hogwarts posts have a different feel to them, like a slightly more active feel. (active in terms of being less passive)
Thanks. I came to the same conclusion when I looked at the first page of juliets' Hogwarts posts later.
yeah, i noticed that you plagiarized me :\ the patent cops are on their way, motherfucker
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:27 am also: i'm not voting for sloonei today

sloonei is just about the least likely mafia memebr out of the players with votes
Good read and all but, like, Turnip Head did the same thing. Clearly that implicates kyle.
fight me

i didn't see any questions in the rest of your post, but let me know if i missed anything
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:52 am @Kylemii what's your blood type
are you going to take my blood?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

oh fuck
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm O+, if I needed blood could you donate to me.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

G-Man wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:19 pm Keep an eye on the folks who darted in here early and, in light of the D0 poll result, pooh-poohed ties on the lynch poll. It’s a subtle way to establish a preemptive cop-out for either train-hopping later (to show they stick to their convictions) or blame-shifting to set up fall guys who tie polls that result in mislynches.

Close lynches and ties (whether mid-phase or at EOD) are valuable sources of information. Granted, that information is best in hindsight after the herd has thinned some.
We may not know who is on the Tribunal but we’re starting out with more civs than baddies (unless this game is extra-double whacky) and there are also two baddie factions, so the odds are against Tribunal being filled with one baddie team.
what is tribunal?
"Likes" G-man's speculation about tie naysayers and doesn't know what the tribunal is. This post does nothing. What did you like about G-man's post, Kyle?
i don't remember what i liked about that post exactly, because looking at it now i don't think it shows anything particularly positive about gman. i think the "like" was more for the purpose of supporting the idea he was presenting, than supporting gman for having the idea in the first place, if that makes sense.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:32 pmYeah if someone votes to break ties that's also worth looking at but what I'm saying is if someone votes to cause a tie, and especially if that tie then breaks against whoever they voted for, that's a red flag for me :shrug:
when did this start? was this always your opinion on ties? i don't remember this coming up before and i feel like it would have, cus i basically do that constantly
DH is talking about something specific to this game and kyle questions the history of it. I still can do nothing with this.
i was irked because it seemed like he was posturing about something he shouldn't reasonably have a strong opinion about based on what i remembered of his past track record.
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:17 pm Actually, to be more clear, Luna's vote seems fine. I was trying to reference this POST of hers: "Sorry, but that is not a god reason to vote someone. Anything Jack has done this game to make you suspect him?"

I don't like when people try to make big deals out of anyone's day 1 vote, because frankly, to me they ALL are weak votes. Why call one specific one out?
"Like!"
Now he Likes timmer's post calling out Luna. What did you like about timmer's post, Kyle?
i don't remember that post at all. maybe the "like" system is not as effective as it could be, i remember seeing timmer's hunting effort and thinking "damn that looks like some good effort, i better 'like' that" but i don't know why i liked that post in particular.

Nah.

Lock civilian.
Colin.

Let's play a game.

that sounds like a fun game except instead of doing that, what if you just told me why you believe colin is good and then afterward i'll tell you if i guessed it correctly
This post is less concerning coming from Kyle than it would be from other players, but something about it seems yucky. I can read it as kyle holding back from needing to provide a read.
i was tired lol. i just wanted an answer to my question without having to jump through a hoop, so i responded a little snarkily. i felt bad about being rude almost immediately and did his thing anyways though:
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 am i don't see anything shiningly obvious-good in colin's posts, and i don't know colin's baseline game-personality well enough to know what his tendencies are
^^^

Promptly changes the subject to DH. Why did you want to know about DH here, Kyle?
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:37 am i think there's like a 85% chance epi/sloonei is a civ
Why?
was a typo that i didn't really clarify, but at that time i felt like epignosis' pursuit of you seemed in line with what i'd seen of him before, but i also liked your responses. in my mind the possibility that you were bad made up the 10% of the 15% and epi made up the 5%.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 am I didn’t say what I voted for but it was the Become More, sorry.

This was the main ping. Up to this point he had asked a mechanics question and said he voted for the N0 poll randomly. His first engagement with the actual game was to say he liked Epi's post on DDL, with no elaboration or follow up. Since I was going to be out of pocket all day, I figured I would rather have my vote out there and doing something than locked up tight and useless, so I voted. I didn't want to say my reason, because it gives him an easy out if he's mafia to make the suspicion go away. I wanted to see a response not based on my suspicion, and sure enough I got it. Not giving a reason also sort of forces people who jump on the wagon to supply their own reasoning, rather than just saying "yep I agree." D1 I think that's particularly valuable.
like!!!
cbob's post here and the actions detailed within it represented to me what was indicative of a civ minded cbob, maybe it's naive, but it seemed like a specific enough thought process that it would be more likely to come from a civ than mafia. a small gambit that slightly sacrifices optics for the sake of learning slightly more is more likely to benefit civ than maf, i think.
thanx
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:26 am @Sloonei i think i agree with your assessment of juliets' posts here

jc's hogwarts posts have a different feel to them, like a slightly more active feel. (active in terms of being less passive)
Thanks. I came to the same conclusion when I looked at the first page of juliets' Hogwarts posts later.
yeah, i noticed that you plagiarized me :\ the patent cops are on their way, motherfucker

sloonei is just about the least likely mafia memebr out of the players with votes
Good read and all but, like, Turnip Head did the same thing. Clearly that implicates kyle.
fight me

i didn't see any questions in the rest of your post, but let me know if i missed anything
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:00 am I'm O+, if I needed blood could you donate to me.
this feels like a trap
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:38 am Hey @Dana I'm just wondering, are you on one of the evil teams?
I am not.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:06 am

is the general consensus that the trickster is probably a mafia role? it mentions some special rules/modifications involved in killing but doesn't mention specifically being able to kill on its own
I mean, TH's role is listed as "corrupted remnant", which may actually just be indie.
may it? :eye:
Yes, Sloonei's comment is very suspicious to me also.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 am
Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:00 am I'm O+, if I needed blood could you donate to me.
this feels like a trap

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 am

111 if you're in the mood for a dana lynch today
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Quin wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:17 am
Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 am

111 if you're in the mood for a dana lynch today
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do we know for certain that Turnip Head was mafia and not independent? In no way do I discourage the search for potential teammate pairings, but I also want us to be aware that it’s not confirmed that he was scum. If someone else flips “Corrupted Remnant” then we’ll know. Until then, it’s not certain.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 am

what is tribunal?

"Like!"

Nah.

Lock civilian.
Colin.

Let's play a game.

^^^

Why?

like!!!
thanx

fight me

I really don't feel like this was necessary but I forgive you.

linki-- yes
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head was mafia
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:19 am333
this
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle is the only one who’s talking about the lovely ISOs I just worked on and he was my top townread from the exercise. I’m hurt.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 am Do we know for certain that Turnip Head was mafia and not independent? In no way do I discourage the search for potential teammate pairings, but I also want us to be aware that it’s not confirmed that he was scum. If someone else flips “Corrupted Remnant” then we’ll know. Until then, it’s not certain.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:23 am Turnip Head was mafia
How do you know? I am genuinely asking. If you have proof, please share it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 am Do we know for certain that Turnip Head was mafia and not independent? In no way do I discourage the search for potential teammate pairings, but I also want us to be aware that it’s not confirmed that he was scum. If someone else flips “Corrupted Remnant” then we’ll know. Until then, it’s not certain.
Do we?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Sloonei is probably not the main person we're looking for but this is really funny regardless and I'm not opposed to leaving my vote there.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 am
Sloonei is probably not the main person we're looking for but this is really funny regardless and I'm not opposed to leaving my vote there.
Who or what is “the main person we’re looking for” and why would it not be me if you think I’m bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 am DharmaHelper and Turnip Head coordinated their actions at the end of the day I have zero doubt about it. They both tried to tie up the lynch between Wilgy and Wolbre. Turnip Head even moved his vote off of Wolbre (and not directly to Wilgy) to do so.
Nah.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also y’all need to stop alternating between thinking I’m the best scum player ever and then the worst five minutes later. Pick a side.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 0]

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:52 am Is that Quin I see? My god I think it is!
Quin wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:59 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm i voted "will you become more" because it's either a rhetorical question with a motivating connotation or a question as to whether i'm going to get super fat this christmas in which case the answer is yes
Town. :noble:
i won't be buddied this time, punk.
:ponder:
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:59 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm

This post is an amazing piece of wisdom and logic that doesn't acrually do any scumhuting.
yes
Supports DDL's critique of G-man. Noted
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:55 pm Has anyone seen Quin? At this point I'd expect to see him angrily hissing at the people accusing him.
nobody is accusing me so i have nothing to do
THAT'S NOT TOWN QUIN. Also perhaps he's a baddie overcompensating for his general lack of scrutiny to this point. -1 townie point.
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:04 pm
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:04 pm I hate Day 1. I don't know how you guys do it. I hate so much the voting and trying to make cases based on so little that Day 1's just make me twitchy. As of this moment, I am mostly on the lookout for people who seem to eager to make something out of nothing. Luna's vote fits the bill, for instance.
no
Is Quin saying "no" to timmer's general stance on Day 1, or is Quin saying "no" to timmer's criticism of Luna? LET'S HEAR IT QUINNY QUIN QUIN.
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 pm

because if you want someone lynched you need to make a case on them. that is how mafia works.

[VOTE: timmer] aubergine
A vote for timmer. I don't love this, it feels kind of forced.
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:40 pm
timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:31 pm I thought I saw an epig vote mixed in there, maybe I misread?

I guess what I'm stuck on is... why not leave your vote on sig, who you seem pretty strong on, relative to it being day 1, WHILE you talk up other candidates?
Don't you weaken your own ideas by removing your vote from your #1 guy? You and me both know that a number of people will show up in the last few hours and vote with little thought, and they will do so using the current votes as a sort of weaksauce guide.
For Sloonei, this is a waste of town's greatest asset. Their vote. Sloonei throwing his vote around with varying degrees of seriousness is not something I think is scum indicative for him.

I'm not caught up but this has been "Quin sticks his nose where it doesn't belong and make a fool of himself doing so". Tune in next time.
Sounds like Turnip Head! caveat is that quin probably knows me better than anyone else in this game so if there's anyone i trust to read me accurately it's him, BUT! imma be wary of the buddy system.
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 pm
timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:31 pm I thought I saw an epig vote mixed in there, maybe I misread?

I guess what I'm stuck on is... why not leave your vote on sig, who you seem pretty strong on, relative to it being day 1, WHILE you talk up other candidates?
Don't you weaken your own ideas by removing your vote from your #1 guy? You and me both know that a number of people will show up in the last few hours and vote with little thought, and they will do so using the current votes as a sort of weaksauce guide.
I joked about voting for epi because he said I smell. :pout:

And I'm usually just loose with my vote. I move it around based on where I want the conversation to go. I've been yelling about sig for a while and it's become clear that a number of people, whose opinions I trust and appreciate, don't feel the same way that I do. In light of that, I think it's more productive to turn my attention elsewhere. My stance on sig is out there if anyone wants to pick it back up (and he promised to return later, so I'm sure it will). But in the meantime, I'd rather focus on developing other reads.

I'm leaving now, for real this time. If I had spent 1/4 of the time I've been in here on my paper today I'd be done with schoolwork for the semester.

linki: thank you quin. listen to quin. he knows my deal.
STOP BUDDYING ME
Right back atcha, slick.

Objects to sig suspicion on principle. I don't care for this general sentiment. If a player is genuinely suspicious, feel free to suspect them. I don't care what his reputation is.
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:02 pm actually no i want to vote for [VOTE: g-man] aubergine because ddl said super rad things about him
Okay. This is 5 hours before the deadline, for the record.

This exchange is vintage Quin, but I don't know if it tells me anything about his alignment.

Votes for wilgy to protect me a half hour before the deadline. Thanks.

Seems to be trying to develop his read on me. Cool, I guess.

Then he is one of the first to jump on the wolbre wagon. Scum Quin may not need to do that, but scum Quin also doesn't stand to lose much from it either. Both wagons were equally terrible.
I wanna note now that Quin seems to be generally supportive of me during the end of day phase and things were chaotic enough when he showed up that the votes could have gone just about anywhere. He never turned his attention to a candidate outside of the two main wagons. I was shouting about juliets all the while, but Quin never said a word. He's certainly not the only person who's guilty of this, but I point it out because he was one of my most vocal supporters at the time, along with Turnip Head, and yet neither of them ever really advocated for the case that I was trying to make. Am I being paranoid and unfair? Perhaps. But it's an idea that just struck me as I was reading Quin's posts and now it exists in the thread.
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:40 am hey here's an idea

if sloonei is bad for coordinating reads with temmie g-man, let's lynch g-man who some of us already have gripes with :nicenod:
He does want to push us over to G-man though. Or he gives it a limp suggestion, at least.

There's absolutely nothing here that screams "I AM TOWN QUIN" and this entire post history is compatible with clever, low-key scum Quin.
I was saying no to both. In my mind they are the same thing. Who decides whether something is actually "nothing"? not timmer.

I wasn't objecting to the sig lynch on principle. I was objecting to it because it was trash.

I'm not sure if works both ways re reading eachother. I trust you to read me better than most people because you've played with me the longest. By the time I was playing with you, however, you'd been part of the other mafia sites for a good while. Feels like buddying.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:19 am333
I got two of them already.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

ftr if you see me posting after like 11 i'm definitely on a bunch of stuff but it only makes me a more powerful mafia player
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

also I AM TOWN QUIN
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

I agree.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Did Quin just accuse me of buddying after I called him a scum read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:28 am Also y’all need to stop alternating between thinking I’m the best scum player ever and then the worst five minutes later. Pick a side.
Is this you saying that you're a scum player?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:35 am
I agree.
with what?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 am Did Quin just accuse me of buddying after I called him a scum read?
yea
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:31 am ftr if you see me posting after like 11 i'm definitely on a bunch of stuff but it only makes me a more powerful mafia player
is that why you want my blood? to pass a drug test?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:28 am Also y’all need to stop alternating between thinking I’m the best scum player ever and then the worst five minutes later. Pick a side.
Is this you saying that you're a scum player?
No. It is me saying the cases against me in this game have been a revolving door of nonsense.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 am
I agree.
with what?
With Enrique's post but also more importantly with MacDougall's gif.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

kyle i bought smash let's run off into the sunset together and forget this game ever existed
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:38 am kyle i bought smash let's run off into the sunset together and forget this game ever existed
SW-0054-8174-4146
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If we’re going to talk about me, can we at least focus on my reads? I just posted five ISOs and came up with these results. What do people think?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:53 am ISO'd players, ranked in order:
Kyle
Luna
DDL

Quin
G-Man
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 am
I agree.
with what?
With Enrique's post but also more importantly with MacDougall's gif.
What does Enrique’s post mean?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:37 am
Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:31 am ftr if you see me posting after like 11 i'm definitely on a bunch of stuff but it only makes me a more powerful mafia player
was just asking out of curiosity but also the idea of a blood drug test sounds impressively invasive
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:41 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:37 am
was just asking out of curiosity but also the idea of a blood drug test sounds impressively invasive
how else would you do it
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

back in my day they would have a company watch us pee like normal people
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004