71%

Total votes: 17
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:53 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:51 pm Why is Kyle town?
click
I read this and struggle to see how you walk away with a townread. I agree with the 90% where you say he looks middling to sketchy, and disagree with the last portion where Kyle apparently is redeemed. I think that whole post Kyle made actually looks kinda fake — I disagree with his assessment of wolbre’s post and think he’s making a big deal out of things (saying “???”) that need not a deal made.

This has solidified my suspish on Kyle, so thanks!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:55 pm Infodumping sucks. I don't like it. Never have and never will. I'm not moving my vote because someone has info that may or may not be true.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:15 pm
Luna, Kyle, DDL, Quin, G-man.

One of them killed nutella.
What's your plan if we lynch one of these 5 and they're civ?

Let's say we lynch Luna today and she's good.
Day 3 we go "oh it's one out of these 4 now, those are even better odds", we lynch Kyle and he's good.
Day 4 we lynch DDL and he's good.
Day 5 we lynch Quin and he's good.
Day 6 we lynch G-Man and he's either bad (you got good info) or not (your info was incorrect, or you lied and made us waste 5 lynches)

We could waste up to 4 lynches if the info is right, 5 if it's wrong.
I don't have a longterm plan with this. But I had the information and I wasn't going to sit on it. I think it's useful. It doesn't need to be the only thing we talk about or respond to.

What are your reads on the 5? Who's a non-wilgy player you'd want us to look at?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey folks! It's been a fun game to spectate so far. I would like to request that everyone please do your best to avoid terms in contexts that have a high probability of being interpreted as a personal attack (e.g. stupid or idiot). I realize that isn't always easy to foresee, so just use your judgment. Keep at it; it's been a clean game. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:00 pm Hey folks! It's been a fun game to spectate so far. I would like to request that everyone please do your best to avoid terms in contexts that have a high probability of being interpreted as a personal attack (e.g. stupid or idiot). I realize that isn't always easy to foresee, so just use your judgment. Keep at it; it's been a clean game. :)
You got it dummy.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:45 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm I have reason to believe that nutella was killed by one of the five players I ISO’d.
Okay, thanks. I have reason to believe that G-man is not guilty.
Ok so Luna, I don't guess there is anything more about this that you can share? Also, I forgot this morning when I was posting that Sloonei knows one of the 5 killed nutella. If I change my vote I'll change it to one of the other 4.
I would rather not share more info. And yes, I'm narrowing it down to DDL, Quin, and Kylemii.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:00 pm Hey folks! It's been a fun game to spectate so far. I would like to request that everyone please do your best to avoid terms in contexts that have a high probability of being interpreted as a personal attack (e.g. stupid or idiot). I realize that isn't always easy to foresee, so just use your judgment. Keep at it; it's been a clean game. :)
You got it dummy.
Who hired this guy? I’m leaving a bad review on yelp
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Voting Quin for now, but still open to hearing more cases on DDL and Kylemii.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Quin is the least-discussed member of the list, but he's the one I'm most intrigued by at the moment. Here's my major beefs:
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:55 pm Has anyone seen Quin? At this point I'd expect to see him angrily hissing at the people accusing him.
nobody is accusing me so i have nothing to do
This post is not meant to be taken seriously, but I don't like it anyway. Town Quin is a proactive hunter of the bad guys. This sentiment shouldn't exist to him.

Then there's his timmer vote:
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 pm
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:17 pm Actually, to be more clear, Luna's vote seems fine. I was trying to reference this POST of hers: "Sorry, but that is not a god reason to vote someone. Anything Jack has done this game to make you suspect him?"

I don't like when people try to make big deals out of anyone's day 1 vote, because frankly, to me they ALL are weak votes. Why call one specific one out?
because if you want someone lynched you need to make a case on them. that is how mafia works.

[VOTE: timmer] aubergine
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:08 pm she didn't even vote for him so that is slightly embarassing but i'm still all in on the timmer vote
Roughly 24 hours later:
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:59 pm i forgot why i'm voting for timmer so its probably something stupid

someone sell me on a smart vote. do the work for me.
There's a quick flourish from Quin against timmer, but then it's completely dropped and literally forgotten as the day rolls on and better options come up. I think if this is Genuquin, he maintains at least a light grasp on his timmer vote instead of having it dissolve completely.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Interesting I wonder who is out there giving out incorrect information about me. I'm curious to know what was said maybe it was taken the wrong way. I'm assuming the old lady in the woods is something regarding the map.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:06 pm I think if this is Genuquin
I am so glad this has become a part of the syndicate lingo
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

[Staring directly into the camera, walking casually towards the audience]

Today's theme is infodumping. Sprityo. Luna. Sloonei.

[Pivots to face a different camera]

Each of these players has decided that today is the day they dump. Which of these dumps is the real deal and which..

[Staring into an as yet unseen camera directly above him]

Is a load.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:18 pm [Staring directly into the camera, walking casually towards the audience]

Each of these players has decided that today is the day they dump. Which of these dumps is the real deal and which..

Is a load.
This game will he decided by our movements and our dumps.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:18 pm [Staring directly into the camera, walking casually towards the audience]

Is a load.
This game will he decided by our movements and our dumps.
By our gut feelings and eliminations.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:06 pm Quin is the least-discussed member of the list, but he's the one I'm most intrigued by at the moment. Here's my major beefs:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:55 pm Has anyone seen Quin? At this point I'd expect to see him angrily hissing at the people accusing him.
This post is not meant to be taken seriously, but I don't like it anyway. Town Quin is a proactive hunter of the bad guys. This sentiment shouldn't exist to him.

timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:17 pm Actually, to be more clear, Luna's vote seems fine. I was trying to reference this POST of hers: "Sorry, but that is not a god reason to vote someone. Anything Jack has done this game to make you suspect him?"

I don't like when people try to make big deals out of anyone's day 1 vote, because frankly, to me they ALL are weak votes. Why call one specific one out?
because if you want someone lynched you need to make a case on them. that is how mafia works.

Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:08 pm she didn't even vote for him so that is slightly embarassing but i'm still all in on the timmer vote
Roughly 24 hours later:
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:59 pm i forgot why i'm voting for timmer so its probably something stupid

There's a quick flourish from Quin against timmer, but then it's completely dropped and literally forgotten as the day rolls on and better options come up. I think if this is Genuquin, he maintains at least a light grasp on his timmer vote instead of having it dissolve completely.
Sloonei, I had exactly the opposite reaction to Quin's blow off of his timmer vote. It seems like if he were bad he would have kept a grasp of it so he could change votes more smoothly. I just don't see a baddie saying "I forgot why I'm voting for x". That doesn't mean I liked his timmer vote. I'm trying hard to see the bad Quin you're seeing but not doing it very well.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:01 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:45 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm I have reason to believe that nutella was killed by one of the five players I ISO’d.
Okay, thanks. I have reason to believe that G-man is not guilty.
Ok so Luna, I don't guess there is anything more about this that you can share? Also, I forgot this morning when I was posting that Sloonei knows one of the 5 killed nutella. If I change my vote I'll change it to one of the other 4.
I would rather not share more info. And yes, I'm narrowing it down to DDL, Quin, and Kylemii.
No problem, I had to ask just in case you would.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:21 pm First up, my color list:

Enrique: Mostly goof posts. Not really hunting or grinding. Did that whole "Angle Shooting" thing earlier which is whatever.

Lunalee: After a fluffy, lighthearted start, Here she suspects people for jumping onto Epi's DDL "case". Jumps up Colin's ass when Colin suspects Sloonei here. Dunks on nutella's vote reasoning RE: Jack here. Has a "good reason" to vote Colin since he jumped on DDL so early. This might have been a joke on Mac's part but the response seemed a little "nervous" to me. Votes Wilgy cuz she figures Wolbre is town. Without knowing exactly where the votes were at, it could be she was covering her ass and trying to look civ AF by voting the off-wagon, but IIRC her vote pushed Wilgy further into contention with Wolbre, so looks good. Here she says she "likes to think" the Wilgy wagon is good. She was on the Wilgy wagon, and just got done talking with a few people about how there are 2 mafia teams lol. Here she advocates Occam's Razor RE: TH's flip. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 02311]Here She sticks to her guns RE: Colin, and poo-poo's the G-Man train. Here She follows that up with "reason to believe" G-Man is not guilty. Anyway, something's up with Luna. She's still a Yellow for me.

Tranq: Defends DDL then Here he defends Sloonei, wants to hear more from G-Man. When asked to give his suspects here instead he says there are people he'd rather not vote for, then tosses Doc in the mix as a possible vote. After tossing out some more names of people he trusts/won't vote, (Epignosis, Me) Tranq Defaults to Wilgy. Follows that with Another Wilgy vote today, saying he doesn't like that Wilgy popped in and then fucked off at will, and that TH might have soft-defended Wilgy. Overall, I don't like Tranq's D1 forced ignorance of the poll, and when pressed for suspects he instead offers people he won't vote for, which indicates to me he's scared to ruffle any feathers. Doc is an easy option, even if it is backed up by Doc's behavior and TH maybe defending him.

Doc: Fucked off all D1 until he was in danger, then he showed up and now he's fucked off again. He's demonstrated that he's able to play, and that he jumped into the thread at EOD when he was in danger of being lynched demonstrates to me that he's either paying attention himself or has people paying attention for him.

---

I'd rank the Rainbow 4 in order of baddieness as such:

Doc
Tranq
Luna
Enrique
I know its not "I have reason to believe" or "I kissed an old forest witch on the mouth" but anybody got anything to say RE: This?

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Of the three Kyle has been the least bad sounding so it's probably him that is bad.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Enrique: Mostly goof posts. Not really hunting or grinding. Did that whole "Angle Shooting" thing earlier which is whatever.

Lunalee: After a fluffy, lighthearted start, Here she suspects people for jumping onto Epi's DDL "case". Jumps up Colin's ass when Colin suspects Sloonei here. Dunks on nutella's vote reasoning RE: Jack here. Has a "good reason" to vote Colin since he jumped on DDL so early. This might have been a joke on Mac's part but the response seemed a little "nervous" to me. Votes Wilgy cuz she figures Wolbre is town. Without knowing exactly where the votes were at, it could be she was covering her ass and trying to look civ AF by voting the off-wagon, but IIRC her vote pushed Wilgy further into contention with Wolbre, so looks good. Here she says she "likes to think" the Wilgy wagon is good. She was on the Wilgy wagon, and just got done talking with a few people about how there are 2 mafia teams lol. Here she advocates Occam's Razor RE: TH's flip. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 02311]Here She sticks to her guns RE: Colin, and poo-poo's the G-Man train. Here She follows that up with "reason to believe" G-Man is not guilty. Anyway, something's up with Luna. She's still a Yellow for me.

Tranq: Defends DDL then Here he defends Sloonei, wants to hear more from G-Man. When asked to give his suspects here instead he says there are people he'd rather not vote for, then tosses Doc in the mix as a possible vote. After tossing out some more names of people he trusts/won't vote, (Epignosis, Me) Tranq Defaults to Wilgy. Follows that with Another Wilgy vote today, saying he doesn't like that Wilgy popped in and then fucked off at will, and that TH might have soft-defended Wilgy. Overall, I don't like Tranq's D1 forced ignorance of the poll, and when pressed for suspects he instead offers people he won't vote for, which indicates to me he's scared to ruffle any feathers. Doc is an easy option, even if it is backed up by Doc's behavior and TH maybe defending him.

Doc: Fucked off all D1 until he was in danger, then he showed up and now he's fucked off again. He's demonstrated that he's able to play, and that he jumped into the thread at EOD when he was in danger of being lynched demonstrates to me that he's either paying attention himself or has people paying attention for him.

---

Doc
Tranq
Luna
Enrique
I know its not "I have reason to believe" or "I kissed an old forest witch on the mouth" but anybody got anything to say RE: This?
Why is Enrique on the bottom of the list
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Gman

Talked mechanics at first, smeared DH which people found suspicious (I don't think it's very AI, DH is really wonky). Justified his early behavior with lack of time and a long-term plan (?). ISO'd 5 high posters and ranked them, I mostly agree with what he said (I think that's where the famous juliets case came from). Voted juliets and left. Came home to a gazillion posts, saw Sloonei voting juliets, decided Sloonei was sus and he didn't want a part on that. Voted Sloonei to tie with Wilgy and went to bed happy that he helped.

Commented about being busy a few more times but wants to play. I was the one who (half) joked about putting him out of misery, I apologize if that was insulting.

kylemii

Good news, pichu is finally good in Smash.

Ok disclaimer kyle always has a crap level of contribution early game. He takes a while to find himself and I've learned not to give him a hard time for that.

Which means he's actually overperforming here, because he's asking people questions. He tried to figure out if Epi is full of shit, then he concluded he's civ (and so is Sloonei). He scanned Dana, and made the most interesting assesment of juliets's meta compared to other games that anyone has made so far. While me and others are locked in a "but she's always like that" mindset, kyle seems to be seeing actual meta differences.

But then he jumps on the wolbre wagon. But finds a different reason to do it than other people, which makes it feel like legit hunting.

Then there's the "like" routine which doesn't look amazing, but is fairly harmless.

Ok Day 2. He now thinks juliets is lock town. Hmm... what? [mention]Kylemii[/mention]

Ok if this was a single mafia game I'd put him on the green pile and call it a day. Because he's not, he could still be bad. But I don't wanna lynch him today, I feel like a kylemii who does useful things on Day 1 needs to be celebrated.

Lunalee

Defends me. Attacks Colin for voting me. Seems very confident in her reads. Paranoid about kyle.

At EoD, she decides wolbre is a civ, based on what seems like pity for the way he got voted. She is neutral on Wilgy so she votes him early to save Wolbre. Okay. But then goes back to Colin.

Day 2. Paranoid about Mac/Wilgy being teammates. Questions Sloonei. Wants to look at the Wilgy wagon.

Her banter with Mac is a bit too snarky/friendly in a way that's making ME paranoid about them being teammates.

Voting Colin again, defends G-Man. Buys into the 5-person thing and is ready to abandon her Colin vote for it, though. Votes Quin out of lack of inspiration for the rest. That sucks, I was kind of hyped for what was looking like an argument with Colin.

She is very assertive Day 1 and a little less Day 2. Wants Colin dead but is willing to compromise with other wagons. I feel like I suspect her every single game and I'm usually wrong. This time I'm not actually feeling bad about her. She is looking like hunting. Her hunting style isn't super legit-looking like kyle's though, it's easier to fake. Gonna put her on neutral pile for now.

Quin

Agrees with me on Gman. Thinks timmer is full of shit and votes for him. Defends Sloonei. He and nutella were the big Sloonei advocates of Day 1.

Smears people pretty bad for the sig votes. I can sympathize. Forgets about timmer and jumps on Gman because he agrees with my Day 1 case. Attacks both Epi and TH for what he thinks is lazy casing. Votes Wilgy for... reasons? Then Wolbre. But suggests a lynch on Gman. Definitely not teammates with Gman.

Day 2. Attacks Tranq for his post-lynch post. Wants to lynch Dana, apparently (or it's a joke). Still has beed with Epi.

He's not voting yet, I take it that his wrath is likely going to one of Epi or Tranq? Or he's gonna bandwagon again like he did last night?

A lot of posts are good stuff. He is hunting. I don't feel him as civ that much after his ISO though. Something about him feels... thuggish I guess. He's making cases but not commiting on them, too. I don't know, Quin is always sarcastic, but when he's a civ there is this feeling of a poor kid who is desperate because people are wanting things from him and he's super lost, so he's trying his best. Here he seems a bit more arrogant, more overconfident.

//////////////////////////////////////////

Okay from civ to bad:

Kylemii
Lunalee
G-Man
Quin

Which is very different from what I had said, but hey, ISOs gonna ISO. I can see myself voting Quin. I'm not feeling the rest. G-Man is less suspicious and just weird. Luna could be bad but I don't want to press the lynch-Luna button so soon again. Kyle feels townier than he does most games.

There be other people I might lynch over Quin, though. Like Tranq. Or juliets. Or maybe the sprityo/sabie duo. Or Jack. Heck, I feel like we are discussing Colin too little too. But I guess if this ends up among us 5, Quin it is.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:56 pm

---

Doc
Tranq
Luna
Enrique
Why is Enrique on the bottom of the list
Because I suspect him the least.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I guess the coolkids don't want my fun Tranq wagon so I'll hop on the Quin one.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I just re-read Kyle's iso and I am not seeing him as bad. I liked his answer to sloonei's post and I liked that he stood for what he believed with regards to his wolbre post. I don't think I can vote for him this round.

DH I'll read your post and DDL I'll read yours now.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I just noticed the Gman ISO above is lacking compared the rest because it was the first one and the format improved as I went.

The point is, everything he says is beliavable. He is having trouble with the post count, he has some quirk he is waiting the right time to unleash, and he is legit hunting but not having time to dig deep. I don't really suspect him anymore. He could be bad but I need actual reasons to call it. I mean, the first 2-3 posts he made sucked, but that's old news. I actually suspect Quin more for hopping on that when I wasn't even voting for him anymore, and abandoning his own cases.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:31 pm Onto Sloonei's ISO's:

I read the Kyle one and nothing jumped out at me as bad.
I'll read the Luna one but I've given my thoughts on Luna.

Reading the G-Man one now, I'll post this here but I'll continue to read:
G-Man wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 pm Knowing the epic nature of Long Con & Black Rock games, the fact that the baddies kill range increases as their numbers wain shouldn’t surprise me, but oof. Clever way to keep everyone else from getting overconfident.
Sloonei remarks that this is an odd thing to fixate on first, and I agree,
This post actually changes my mind on G-Man more than Luna’s vouching does. Why does a scum G-Man go in the thread to taunt the town with a mechanical quirk benefitting his team? Because taunting is fun, I gues, but this looks more like worldbuilding than anything.
Because discussing mechanics is an easy way to be "active" and scum will notice scum mechanics first.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:29 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:25 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:31 pm Onto Sloonei's ISO's:

I read the Kyle one and nothing jumped out at me as bad.
I'll read the Luna one but I've given my thoughts on Luna.

Reading the G-Man one now, I'll post this here but I'll continue to read:
G-Man wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 pm Knowing the epic nature of Long Con & Black Rock games, the fact that the baddies kill range increases as their numbers wain shouldn’t surprise me, but oof. Clever way to keep everyone else from getting overconfident.
Sloonei remarks that this is an odd thing to fixate on first, and I agree,
This post actually changes my mind on G-Man more than Luna’s vouching does. Why does a scum G-Man go in the thread to taunt the town with a mechanical quirk benefitting his team? Because taunting is fun, I gues, but this looks more like worldbuilding than anything.
Colin, like I said, I'm extra dumb this afternoon. What do you mean by world building?
I believe Speed used the term in Hogwart but it’s basically when a civ comes in the thread to share an observation about the game that isn’t a read or a theory, for the sake of enhancing knowledge/getting the town on the same page. Speed also noted that people here are unusually hostile to it, and I agree with him because I get flak for it all the time.
That's not at all how I would use the term world-building

(Which doesn't make me right and you wrong, just saying it holds a different meaning for me in mafia)
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:57 pm
Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:55 pm Infodumping sucks. I don't like it. Never have and never will. I'm not moving my vote because someone has info that may or may not be true.

Day 3 we go "oh it's one out of these 4 now, those are even better odds", we lynch Kyle and he's good.
Day 6 we lynch G-Man and he's either bad (you got good info) or not (your info was incorrect, or you lied and made us waste 5 lynches)

Nobody has suggested that we ignore the rest of the game and spam lynches into these 5. Sloonei's just giving us more cards to play with.

Feel like you're twisting this into an accusion, almost.
And infodumping is awesome. #cpi4lyfe
Agreeing a lot with speedchuck today. Unfortunately most of it is metagame stuff but hey. This is one point of agreement that isn't.

Tranq and LoRab are on my list of teammates to the scum of the Sloonei 5, assuming there is one (which I think is a solid assumption for the time being).
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Of course the tinfoil answer is that Sloonei killed Nutella.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:18 pm Of course the tinfoil answer is that Sloonei killed Nutella.
This would be the most fun thing I’ve ever done in a mafia game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:18 pm Of course the tinfoil answer is that Sloonei killed Nutella.
Got 'em

Yeah if it's based on the players' proximity to Nutella, Sloonei has to be in the '5'. Missed that.

linki: I love the reaction though
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

---

Doc
Tranq
Luna
Enrique
DH, I do agree with your Doc assessment. I said early in the day today he was a vote possibility for me but then there is this issue of the 5, one of which killed nutella, so I've been concentrating on them. If I just can't find another member of the 5 I want to vote for I could vote for him.

Tranq seems like the old Tranq I remember - pretty much to the point - and my thought right now is that he is not caught up with some of the new things we are doing now, for example, his stance against info dumping and outting one's role. I liked the post where he asked where we are going with this gang of 5 in that he questioned something that we've kind of accepted. I have had Tranq fool me big in the past though so I have to consider that maybe you are better at reading him.

Luna I'm going to re-read next. There is a lot going on with her so I will address your post about her after I re-read her.

Enrique - I'm not seeing a lot out of Enrique at this point. Maybe he is busy or maybe he's purposely not around. I'll take another look at him but I'm not having good feelings about him at this time. Maybe I will understand why he is your least bad rank when I look at his posts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I just though of something. TH could have been killed by the other mafia team, and nutella could have been killed by a different role. In which case, there would be no scum among "Sloonei's 5"
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Nobody has suggested that we ignore the rest of the game and spam lynches into these 5. Sloonei's just giving us more cards to play with.

Feel like you're twisting this into an accusion, almost.
And infodumping is awesome. #cpi4lyfe
Agreeing a lot with speedchuck today. Unfortunately most of it is metagame stuff but hey. This is one point of agreement that isn't.

Tranq and LoRab are on my list of teammates to the scum of the Sloonei 5, assuming there is one (which I think is a solid assumption for the time being).
Ok I like some of the things you've been saying this game so I have to add this to my reasons to re-look at Tranq. I seem to have the opposite read of a number of people.

Regarding your Lorab suspicion, is it all her talk of mechanics or something else?

Both Tranq and Lorab are part of the old school I began my mafia career with (Tranq was bad with me in my first mafia game) so I don't know if I've got blinders on or my read is in a way better because I know their old school ways of playing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

An uninformed spectator might think I’ve started a boyband.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:33 pm I just though of something. TH could have been killed by the other mafia team, and nutella could have been killed by a different role. In which case, there would be no scum among "Sloonei's 5"
This is entirely possible. But I don’t see any reason why a civilian killing role would have target nutella last night. She was a beacon of towniness in my opinion, and I don’t thijk there was any real suspicion against her in the thread. I would guess that whoever killed her did so because she was a strong civilian in their proximity.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:06 pm Quin is the least-discussed member of the list, but he's the one I'm most intrigued by at the moment. Here's my major beefs:

Roughly 24 hours later:

Sloonei, I had exactly the opposite reaction to Quin's blow off of his timmer vote. It seems like if he were bad he would have kept a grasp of it so he could change votes more smoothly. I just don't see a baddie saying "I forgot why I'm voting for x". That doesn't mean I liked his timmer vote. I'm trying hard to see the bad Quin you're seeing but not doing it very well.
I could see his admission of forgetfulness as an attempt to look casual. By playing so loose with his suspects, he looks like he has nothing to hide. Or something.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:33 pm I just though of something. TH could have been killed by the other mafia team, and nutella could have been killed by a different role. In which case, there would be no scum among "Sloonei's 5"
Just looking at roles that have kills and our options are:
Dark Worshiper - doesn't look civ aligned, can kill 3 times
Sakana Sashimi - one time kill, so no longer a threat after the first kill
Savage Pixie - also a one time kill, but since they are undetectable, I don't think anyone would have seen them if they did kill nutella
Trickster - This was TH, but maybe he took nutella out before he died?
Then there are the secret roles, and the secrets associated with other roles. These may or may not include kill abilities.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:34 pm An uninformed spectator might think I’ve started a boyband.
Sloonei 5 is way cooler sounding than the Jackson 5.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Sorsha »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:39 am @Sloonei I tried to find your list of five, and your iso is daunting. Can you either repost it or link me to it?

I’ll probably be voting one of these 5 today or wilgy.

I’ve been mostly keeping up with reading the thread and want to thank those doing the iso’s on players, I’m playing from a phone so that’s much appreciated.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:40 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Roughly 24 hours later:

I could see his admission of forgetfulness as an attempt to look casual. By playing so loose with his suspects, he looks like he has nothing to hide. Or something.
Ok I see your point.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I had the same though for a minute but like sloonei said. Nutella would be an odd kill choice for anyone not mafia imo
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Quin[/mention]nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Where are you
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sorsha wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:50 pm
I had the same though for a minute but like sloonei said. Nutella would be an odd kill choice for anyone not mafia imo
The kill roles look limited to whoever is near you on the map. Nutella could have just been in the wrong place when one of them decided to make a kill.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I just thought of something. Where is INH? Hasn't been here in a couple of days. I hate to even bring his name up because we are juggling so many already but I didn't like his letting someone else choose his vote last go around and since then he's not around.

Ok I keep distracting myself from reading luna so I'm going back to that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sorsha wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:47 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:39 am @Sloonei I tried to find your list of five, and your iso is daunting. Can you either repost it or link me to it?

I’ve been mostly keeping up with reading the thread and want to thank those doing the iso’s on players, I’m playing from a phone so that’s much appreciated.
Do you have any loose thoughts on these playas?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:53 pm I just thought of something. Where is INH? Hasn't been here in a couple of days. I hate to even bring his name up because we are juggling so many already but I didn't like his letting someone else choose his vote last go around and since then he's not around.

He might be silenced.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:53 pm
Sorsha wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:50 pm
The kill roles look limited to whoever is near you on the map. Nutella could have just been in the wrong place when one of them decided to make a kill.
I would hope that a civ with a kill ability wouldn’t use it on a nearby player just because they are the only option. You can choose to not use your kill.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 pm Hey, yall!! I still have an eye on Wilgy. And the Sloonei 5 is interesting. That said, we don't know who killed LA. We all seem to be assuming it was a baddie (myself included), but we don't know that.
[mention]juliets[/mention] this is why I put LoRab on my list.

I find all the "maybe mafia didn't kill Nutella" unconvincing at best, and this goes a step beyond that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:59 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 pm Hey, yall!! I still have an eye on Wilgy. And the Sloonei 5 is interesting. That said, we don't know who killed LA. We all seem to be assuming it was a baddie (myself included), but we don't know that.
@juliets this is why I put LoRab on my list.

I find all the "maybe mafia didn't kill Nutella" unconvincing at best, and this goes a step beyond that.
I am sympathetic to LoRab here. I see that as healthy skepticism, which is a good thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:56 pm
Sorsha wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Do you have any loose thoughts on these playas?
Nothing earth shattering. My time for doing my own research has been severely limited due to working OT. So I’m basing most of my opinion on the iso’s that others are doing. Going back to read their posts now though!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:56 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:53 pm I just thought of something. Where is INH? Hasn't been here in a couple of days. I hate to even bring his name up because we are juggling so many already but I didn't like his letting someone else choose his vote last go around and since then he's not around.

He might be silenced.
Oh of course. I should have thought of that. He will be so mad that I brought up that he isn't around.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:03 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:59 pm
@juliets this is why I put LoRab on my list.

I am sympathetic to LoRab here. I see that as healthy skepticism, which is a good thing.

This skepticism is very typical of her.

Also I finished re-reading Luna and still like what I'm seeing, I am reading her civ.

On to read DDL.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”