Total votes: 17
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

[mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] when I re-read Luna I couldn't see what you did when you said "something's up with Luna". Did you say that because of her G-Man post? Or was it something else that you saw?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:03 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:59 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 pm Hey, yall!! I still have an eye on Wilgy. And the Sloonei 5 is interesting. That said, we don't know who killed LA. We all seem to be assuming it was a baddie (myself included), but we don't know that.
juliets this is why I put LoRab on my list.

I find all the "maybe mafia didn't kill Nutella" unconvincing at best, and this goes a step beyond that.
I am sympathetic to LoRab here. I see that as healthy skepticism, which is a good thing.
It's also exactly what I would expect a teammate to do. Perhaps my feelings on LoRab are better framed as "teammate-compatible," I don't feel this is a valid lynch reason on its own. But I will also take jules' opinion that this is typical for her into account.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm @DharmaHelper when I re-read Luna I couldn't see what you did when you said "something's up with Luna". Did you say that because of her G-Man post? Or was it something else that you saw?
General vibe. I'm not seeing a smoking gun yet but I'm nervous about taking her off the table completely.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm @DharmaHelper when I re-read Luna I couldn't see what you did when you said "something's up with Luna". Did you say that because of her G-Man post? Or was it something else that you saw?
General vibe. I'm not seeing a smoking gun yet but I'm nervous about taking her off the table completely.
Ok that makes sense to me. Thanks.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Quin has seemed fairly civ to me. If I had a bullet I had to use on one of these 5 right now it would be G-Man I would shoot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 pm Hey, yall!! I still have an eye on Wilgy. And the Sloonei 5 is interesting. That said, we don't know who killed LA. We all seem to be assuming it was a baddie (myself included), but we don't know that.

I find all the "maybe mafia didn't kill Nutella" unconvincing at best, and this goes a step beyond that.
I am sympathetic to LoRab here. I see that as healthy skepticism, which is a good thing.
It's also exactly what I would expect a teammate to do. Perhaps my feelings on LoRab are better framed as "teammate-compatible," I don't feel this is a valid lynch reason on its own. But I will also take jules' opinion that this is typical for her into account.
Someone I think who knows her game better than I do is @S~V~S but I can't get this dang mention function to work with S~V~S's name. I'd really like to know her opinion on Lorab.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

SVS is Mafia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

this all seems fair
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This is the civviest CBob I have ever seen
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Someone I think who knows her game better than I do is @S~V~S but I can't get this dang mention function to work with S~V~S's name. I'd really like to know her opinion on Lorab.
[mention]S~V~S[/mention]

That might do it
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fuck it. My day 2 priority is saving Quin.

For Australia!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We lynching G-Man ppl. Get around it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 pm We lynching G-Man ppl. Get around it.
You gonna move off me or what fam

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh nvm you did, bless.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:19 pm

@S~V~S

That might do it
Haven't seen enough of her to have one. I know she has been busy irl with the Holiday, but I can reread her during the night if you like. This is a very LoRab thing to say, though. She is always looking at it from the skeptical angle.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I consider everyone voting for Quin at best a bully
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

SVS is suspicious
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] I want to quote a part of your long post on the 5. This is from your Quin summary:

A lot of posts are good stuff. He is hunting. I don't feel him as civ that much after his ISO though. Something about him feels... thuggish I guess. He's making cases but not commiting on them, too. I don't know, Quin is always sarcastic, but when he's a civ there is this feeling of a poor kid who is desperate because people are wanting things from him and he's super lost, so he's trying his best. Here he seems a bit more arrogant, more overconfident.

I felt this was the way Quin was in Hogwarts - confident almost to arrogance. Do you feel like he was different in that game than he is here?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:19 pm

@S~V~S

That might do it
Haven't seen enough of her to have one. I know she has been busy irl with the Holiday, but I can reread her during the night if you like. This is a very LoRab thing to say, though. She is always looking at it from the skeptical angle.
Yes, that's the way I remember it too. Thanks for your input.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Sorsha »

Put a vote on wilgy for now. Maybe he will come out of hiding again?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Im back and here to tell you more of my time visiting this old lady in the woods
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I asked this, Woman in the woods about "any shady, evil, scary characters" that had passed by lately.

To which she replied that she "saw sabie12 with a jagged blade with her." followed by if i "understood that innuendo" and gave me a wink.

To anyone still stumped, she has essentially told me that sabie12 is a member of the jagged blade. Who we know is one of the mafia teams
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm I asked this, Woman in the woods about "any shady, evil, scary characters" that had passed by lately.

To which she replied that she "saw sabie12 with a jagged blade with her." followed by if i "understood that innuendo" and gave me a wink.

To anyone still stumped, she has essentially told me that sabie12 is a member of the jagged blade. Who we know is one of the mafia teams
....or that she was traveling with a member of the Jagged Blade faction.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Same thing ain’t it?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm I asked this, Woman in the woods about "any shady, evil, scary characters" that had passed by lately.

Woah, okay. Maybe we should lynch sabie today
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I don’t take it as literal because she followed up with saying it’s an innuendo
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:42 pm Same thing ain’t it?
No? If she's on the same square as a Jagged Blade player, then the suspect is that player and not her. If "she has a Jagged Blade with her" means she is the Jagged Blade member, then she is the suspect.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Sorsha wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:32 pm Put a vote on wilgy for now. Maybe he will come out of hiding again?
Maybe but even when he did last time he was very nonchalant about everything like oh I have votes okay whatever I dont care bye. I feel like usually people who don't post much explain that they're busy or something. And typically at least attempt to defend themselves. He voted no explanation and then disappears and comes back with just wanted to tie things up and then nothing.

And spirityo that sounds like a baddie was near me not that I'm a baddie. I now see you are just misinterpreting the info given to you.

Moving my vote to wilgy.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Im willing to bet my theory is correct. Trusting strange old women in the woods sounds sound to me
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

In any case, it’s been made known what I know. So either Sabie gets lynched or the other mafia team or any of the other killing roles hunt her down
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:45 pm Im willing to bet my theory is correct. Trusting strange old women in the woods sounds sound to me
I'm willing to bet her info was correct you are just interpreting it wrong. Thanks for sharing helped confirm my suspicions.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

You’re saying you suspect someone near you is mafia then?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Moving my vote to sabie, because she very obviously is bad if sprityo's information is correct. Also I don't think sprityo would lie about what he learned, because if sabie flipps town we would all know.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Which I guess is implying you know who’s near you?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sabie, hypothetically if you were to take Sprityo's information to mean that you are NOT bad, who would you say is

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nevermind Sabie I dunno if legally you can answer that

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:25 pm SVS is suspicious
No she is not, S~V~S is 100% town, my fren.

I am as civvie as the day is long. How about you?

Also, I am going to reread some of the posts of the 5 people, I don't like info drops any more than Tranq does, but Sloonei made cases first, so I will deal. I am not going to entertain info drops with no cases, though.

At this stage, I am null about both Quin and G Man, I reread him today and feel better about Kyle than I did, Luna as well, but not 100% there. DDL is someone I want to reread, his one post pinged me, but nothing since, really. If I had to vote this second (GTH) it would be G Man, I think. While not a truth meta guy like Glor, he does not love lying much and has not said some stuff I kind of expected him to say. But not sure yet.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Also, I am going to reread some of the posts of the 5 people, I don't like info drops any more than Tranq does, but Sloonei made cases first, so I will deal. I am not going to entertain info drops with no cases, though.

At this stage, I am null about both Quin and G Man, I reread him today and feel better about Kyle than I did, Luna as well, but not 100% there. DDL is someone I want to reread, his one post pinged me, but nothing since, really. If I had to vote this second (GTH) it would be G Man, I think. While not a truth meta guy like Glor, he does not love lying much and has not said some stuff I kind of expected him to say. But not sure yet.
Not to brag but I've put out a buncha reads and cases without infodumping if that's your jam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:50 pm Nevermind Sabie I dunno if legally you can answer that
I dont know if I legally can either but I think I've made it pretty clear indirectly.
~Darren Shan~
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Not to brag but I've put out a buncha reads and cases without infodumping if that's your jam.
Thanks! I am a bit overwhelmed in this game, too many suspicions coming from too many directions, it is hard to remember who suspects whom, lol. I will look them up.

Thoughts on G Man? I seem to recall that you had thoughts on him.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:01 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Thanks! I am a bit overwhelmed in this game, too many suspicions coming from too many directions, it is hard to remember who suspects whom, lol. I will look them up.

Thoughts on G Man? I seem to recall that you had thoughts on him.
Orange/Red alert on G-Man.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Quin isn't responding today and I'm going to be busy this eve.

Voting doc Wilgy

Still want Quin's reaction to recent events.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:57 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:50 pm Nevermind Sabie I dunno if legally you can answer that
I dont know if I legally can either but I think I've made it pretty clear indirectly.
yeah, I don't know if I buy this. Sprityo asked if any shady characters had been by that way. The woods lady says, "yeah, I saw sabie with a jagged blade." If sabie were just standing on the square, minding her own business when an actual baddie happens by (like she claims), the wood lady would have told sprityo the other name instead of sabie's.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Do we know anything about the woman in the woods? Does her information come from the hosts or from another player? Does she have good intentions or bad ones? Does she always tell the truth?

All that said, I do suspect sabie, as I said earlier. So, still tempted to vote there.

And yes, I do tend to be skeptical, lol.

And I can't really argue with suspicion based on that. But, yeah. Insert trademark LR twirl here

Heading home from work now. Will ponder on the drive. More thoughts when I get home.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:05 pm
yeah, I don't know if I buy this. Sprityo asked if any shady characters had been by that way. The woods lady says, "yeah, I saw sabie with a jagged blade." If sabie were just standing on the square, minding her own business when an actual baddie happens by (like she claims), the wood lady would have told sprityo the other name instead of sabie's.
So you fully believe Sprityos story enough to end someones game solely based on it? You know this woman is honest?

I see bloodthirsty Luna is back.

linki @ Lorab lol
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I dont think that's true. It says "with" meaning there was a person with me. If the info was given by the hosts I think it was intentionally ambiguous as to not completely give eveything away. From what I know of the hosts they're not going to make things that easy and just say this person is bad. It has a different meaning from the way he was interpreting it.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Unless the wood lady is not allowed to do that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am gonna go back to my day one vote for now and switch it to Lunalee while I read DHs cases. It could change again.

She was quick to believe an info drop that could be interpreted in more ways than one, and she isn't really considering that aspect. I had seen her as being less aggro, but maybe not.

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:18 pm I am gonna go back to my day one vote for now and switch it to Lunalee while I read DHs cases. It could change again.

She was quick to believe an info drop that could be interpreted in more ways than one, and she isn't really considering that aspect. I had seen her as being less aggro, but maybe not.

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
I'm at a loss as to why [mention]Lunalee[/mention] has jumped to a conclusion so quickly. Especially in a game like this where you really need to look carefully at info. Luna, can you explain at all why you aren't more circumspect?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sorry I used that word wrong. I hope its not confusing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”