Total votes: 17
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 2]

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm sig's vote was on DharmaHelper. No one else voted for DharmaHelper. Sig came on near the end of the day to shrug at every single case that existed. Sig then left. Sig is now blasting others for lynching wilgy.
My vote was on Kylemii as a lone lyncher. Am I scum?
Maybe. You weren’t here at the end of day though.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 pm
sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 pm Told you wiggly was good also WE NEED TO STOP WITH CFD SHIT!!!!!!
It rarely helps town and had basically resulted in two civs dead.

We need to lynch sab shes mafia or a baddie no way around that.
She's also newer to TS and have played on other sites correct? If those sites allow infoduming which I'm sure they do then she's probably very skilled at deflecting info that plus peoples bias to infodunping here is why shes still alive and we lynched a civ.
Oh so you're saying we were on mafia before the CFDs? Interesting.

Your sabie reasoning is trash
And I think his Sabie reasoning is pretty good. Something strange there as far as the old lady goes and her actions re: Wilgy don’t help her case one bit.
"She's probably very skilled at deflecting because she played elsewhere" is absolutely terrible justification

Like, show me how's she's deflecting and maybe you have a case. Asserting it's true because of reasoning that turned out to be completely wrong seems like maybe the kind of thing you shouldn't agree with
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sig is such a common mislynch that we were able to frame him twice in Retrocausality. Not gonna fall for that one without better arguments.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

And this isn't me defending sabie because I've had my own reasons for suspecting her. But this feels crazy manufactured.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:21 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 pm
sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 pm Told you wiggly was good also WE NEED TO STOP WITH CFD SHIT!!!!!!
It rarely helps town and had basically resulted in two civs dead.

We need to lynch sab shes mafia or a baddie no way around that.
She's also newer to TS and have played on other sites correct? If those sites allow infoduming which I'm sure they do then she's probably very skilled at deflecting info that plus peoples bias to infodunping here is why shes still alive and we lynched a civ.
Oh so you're saying we were on mafia before the CFDs? Interesting.

Your sabie reasoning is trash
And I think his Sabie reasoning is pretty good. Something strange there as far as the old lady goes and her actions re: Wilgy don’t help her case one bit.
"She's probably very skilled at deflecting because she played elsewhere" is absolutely terrible justification

Like, show me how's she's deflecting and maybe you have a case. Asserting it's true because of reasoning that turned out to be completely wrong seems like maybe the kind of thing you shouldn't agree with
I believe that Sig believed that when he said it, I don’t need to agree with it.

As far as deflecting, I wouldn’t call it that per se but I think her approach to Wilgy has been inconsistent and has changed at particularly revealing times (when she was facing a lynch / when Wilgy flipped good).
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:23 pm Sig is such a common mislynch that we were able to frame him twice in Retrocausality. Not gonna fall for that one without better arguments.
I still don’t care about this. If I find him suspicious in this game, I’m going to pursue it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:23 pm And this isn't me defending sabie because I've had my own reasons for suspecting her. But this feels crazy manufactured.
Did Sprit manufacture it with the old lady stuff?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:25 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:23 pm Sig is such a common mislynch that we were able to frame him twice in Retrocausality. Not gonna fall for that one without better arguments.
I still don’t care about this. If I find him suspicious in this game, I’m going to pursue it.
You should then take caution to recognize where your suspicions have led towns in the past.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I feel a kinship to Sig because nobody ever gets what the fuck we’re talking about and it always gets us in trouble. If he is scum then, oops, but I feel fine about him so far and this firing squad that’s been assembled against him feels unreasonable (dare I say ... manufactured?)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:26 pm
You should then take caution to recognize where your suspicions have led towns in the past.
So far we’ve lynched none of my suspects.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:28 pm I feel a kinship to Sig because nobody ever gets what the fuck we’re talking about and it always gets us in trouble. If he is scum then, oops, but I feel fine about him so far and this firing squad that’s been assembled against him feels unreasonable (dare I say ... manufactured?)
:noble:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

This is civ on civ if ever I have seen it
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

"firing squad assembled against him" I guess you mean Sloonei and myself saying "yuck" and "bad reasoning"?

K.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I have a concert to go to tonight so I won't really be here.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Given Sloonei is posting at a frequency of 10 players it's probably fair to say.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:42 pm Given Sloonei is posting at a frequency of 10 players it's probably fair to say.

(this was going to be a picture of heavy weapons guy shooting lots of bullets as a joke about Sloonei's posting frequency but then I found this and it's amazing)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TBH I think our votes should he weighted by the number of posts we make each phase.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:53 pm TBH I think our votes should he weighted by the number of posts we make each phase.
Imagine this as a mechanic in a future game. JFC.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 pm "firing squad assembled against him" I guess you mean Sloonei and myself saying "yuck" and "bad reasoning"?

K.
Chucko too.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:53 pm TBH I think our votes should he weighted by the number of posts we make each phase.
There's a series on the Realms that's fairly roleplay intensive and has had XP mechanics based on post count several times. It's interesting.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 pm
We would make the best decision JaggedJimmyJay could come up with.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:27 am
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:23 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 am
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:21 am Everyone has been looking at this game through the same one or two viewpoints.

I come in, offer another viewpoint, and what do I get? Persecution.

Y'all just aren't ready for the truths that I'm spitting.
Yeah I guess you might be right about Turnip Head not being Mafia and nutella being. That's an interesting theory. I'd like to sign up to your newsletter.
you fallacious ballerina, you've been spinning around the facts this whole game.

BUT

YOUR DANCING SHOES ARE BREAKING OPEN!

NO MORE TIPTOEING AROUND THE TRUTH, MAC!
So my cat, Franki, recently came down with a pretty severe stomach virus. The vet gave me some anti biotic drops to put in his food but when I’d do that Franki wouldn’t touch it. So, the vet suggested using a small dropper tube to insert the medicine directly into his anus. The first time was absolute hell, my cat fought me the whole time but once the tube was in and the medicine pushed out he seemed to calm quite a bit. Well the next day he was acting strange, he has always been an independent cat, rarely coming around, never wanting to be held, but as I sat on the couch he started walking back and forth meowing and rubbing my leg. He then went and jumped up on the table where we’d done the application the night before and meowed louder and louder until I decided I guess we will go ahead and do the medicine treatment. This time he didn’t fight me though, and when I inserted the tube he closed his eyes, stretched his neck, and let out a noise that can only be described as a moan of pure ecstasy. Maybe the medicine made him feel better, I supposed. That night he slept on my bed curled up right next to me, which he had never done before. For the next week he’d do the same thing every day, meow on the table until he got his ‘fix’... But then the medicine ran out. Even though I had no medicine he’d still cry and beg for it, I thought maybe if I insert it without medicine he will realize it doesn’t make him feel better anymore and forget about it. Well that was 2 weeks ago and he is only getting worse. He walks around me all day with his tail up presenting his rectum and trying to entice me. He is demanding insertions more and more often. Yesterday I caught him looking longingly at the turkey baster... When I sit he jumps in my lap purring and rubbing me affectionately. It was then in horror I realized my cat thinks I’m his gay lover, and that I’ve been sexually pleasing him for weeks now. Needless to say the sexual tension between us is palpable. How do I let my cat know that I’m not gay, but still like him as a friend?
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:42 pm I have a concert to go to tonight so I won't really be here.
Likewise.

Only I'm performing in the concert.

:guitar:

Thankfully I am nearly up to date.

Please don't create fifteen pages in the next four hours.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:22 pm
sabie12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:42 pm I have a concert to go to tonight so I won't really be here.
Likewise.

Only I'm performing in the concert.

:guitar:

Thankfully I am nearly up to date.

Please don't create fifteen pages in the next four hours.
Let's do just that
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:12 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:10 pm
sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm Also not caught up all the way, but I dont want to lynch Mac, though i do think a sloonie lynch is becoming more viable.

Basically with the town leaders/high speed civs we need this strategy if they keep leading us wrong we need them gone. This is true fpr epi, mac, and sloonie. Since rhe longer they're alive and the more mislynches they led the more likely it is they're mafia
Wtf we have 30 people and I'm assuming something like 12-14 are civ, lynching 2 civs the first 2 days is always the most likely outcome.

Also I'm still reading but I don't see sloonei driving a wilgy train at all so far. Mac correctly called the wilgy lynch as Garbo, iirc Epi wasn't a fan either.
EBWOP 12-14 aren't civ
I was assuming 15 civ and 15 bad/indy/neutral. Mainly because that was how the last World game started.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Post by insertnamehere »

Welp, it appears I embarrassed myself a tad last night, and said some things I twasn't supposed to.

I'm not in a baddie chatroom. I'm not 100% sure of the information I posted, but I felt it was important that the thread know about it.

It looks like my game is already completely torpedoed, but I'll keep fighting until the music plays.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Post by insertnamehere »

So, you have a meta defense of yourself that you expect everyone else to take seriously, but you yourself disregard other people's meta defenses?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Can we, btw, talk about the fact that novaselinever has not shown up at all...
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 pm Can we, btw, talk about the fact that novaselinever has not shown up at all...

We could.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 145

Post by sig »

Tbf I didnt help myself in that game. Buuuut it was very very fun.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 145

Post by sig »

LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 pm Can we, btw, talk about the fact that novaselinever has not shown up at all...
That's normal for him.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:00 pm Welp, it appears I embarrassed myself a tad last night, and said some things I twasn't supposed to.

I'm not in a baddie chatroom. I'm not 100% sure of the information I posted, but I felt it was important that the thread know about it.

It looks like my game is already completely torpedoed, but I'll keep fighting until the music plays.
I just hope the mafia in the chat have stopped laughing at you.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:01 pm
So, you have a meta defense of yourself that you expect everyone else to take seriously, but you yourself disregard other people's meta defenses?
no
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm Also not caught up all the way, but I dont want to lynch Mac, though i do think a sloonie lynch is becoming more viable.

Basically with the town leaders/high speed civs we need this strategy if they keep leading us wrong we need them gone. This is true fpr epi, mac, and sloonie. Since rhe longer they're alive and the more mislynches they led the more likely it is they're mafia
What the hell?

"Town leader?" "High Speed Civ?"

I have been mired in pages upon pages of reading and haven't done anything in any way that could be construed as leadership.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All caught up. Praise the Lord.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 pm All caught up. Praise the Lord.

Sorry it took so long
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Tranq wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:49 am I woke up in the middle of the night and found myself about to be CFD'd so I made another last minute push for Wilgy. As I said before Wilgy could be the Hollow Man so I'm not necessarily wrong. On my square there's an item i found called the Mirror of Truth which told me he might be bad.
I don't believe this.

The Mirror of Truth told you Wilgy might be bad?

I hope you saved the receipt. It sounds like you got the Mirror of Possibilities, which is about as useful as the Condom of Mesh.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 am To be more explicit re Tranq, I would be amazed if baddie Tranq would say such a dumb thing in seriousness, joke or not. He is insanely careful. I don't recall ever seeing bad Tranq lynched. Maybe @juliets would have a better idea of that, and I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong there.

I am never comfortable in a game until certain people slip into place. That remark went far towards making me feel better about Tranq, but not good enough to greenlight him.
How careful would Tranq be after waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that he was about to get lynched?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:44 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 am To be more explicit re Tranq, I would be amazed if baddie Tranq would say such a dumb thing in seriousness, joke or not. He is insanely careful. I don't recall ever seeing bad Tranq lynched. Maybe @juliets would have a better idea of that, and I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong there.

I am never comfortable in a game until certain people slip into place. That remark went far towards making me feel better about Tranq, but not good enough to greenlight him.
How careful would Tranq be after waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that he was about to get lynched?
I don't know. Living in Europe I have seen him getting up in the night to post or check in, but I honestly thought he was making a snarky remark with his Wilgy is bad post. So when he came in earlier and said he was serious, I did know.

I don't recall him ever getting lynched bad. But I guess there is a first time for everything. I
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That "did"up there ending the first paragraph should be "don't" sorry phone typing.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't know. Living in Europe I have seen him getting up in the night to post or check in, but I honestly thought he was making a snarky remark with his Wilgy is bad post. So when he came in earlier and said he was serious, I did know.

I don't recall him ever getting lynched bad. But I guess there is a first time for everything. I
I don't know Tranq as well, so when I first read that, I rolled my eyes. Your explanation, though, does not sound unreasonable.

However, the issue now is that Tranq was not merely making fun of the information issue- he claims he found an item that gave him information (?) on Wilgy. I don't believe his story, but I also don't see the reason for him to make up something after you basically answered for him (i.e., he could have said, "I was being facetious").
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

(I realize you acknowledged that in your post, but I'm trying to lay out my own thinking as clearly as possible)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

INH can be lynched or not be lynched. That's how he almost always is for me this early, and nothing has changed. If pressed, I lean toward "lynch."
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:57 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't know Tranq as well, so when I first read that, I rolled my eyes. Your explanation, though, does not sound unreasonable.

However, the issue now is that Tranq was not merely making fun of the information issue- he claims he found an item that gave him information (?) on Wilgy. I don't believe his story, but I also don't see the reason for him to make up something after you basically answered for him (i.e., he could have said, "I was being facetious").
I know.

I was so sure of it I just lol-ed at it and wouldn't even have bothered explaining had Mac not questioned it. I think if Trans actually found something on the map he would not info drop even if everyone else was doing it. So I am struggling with that a bit myself. It makes no sense if he wasn't joking.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Was it in the last World game that someone blatantly made up an item? Or was that recruitment maybe? I think it was a Rock Con game....also don't remember who it was. Anyone?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MP made up a scroll in Sword of Truth but that was years ago on the Piano. Someone else may have done it more recently.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I found the Locket of Disappointment last night.

Inside, there’s just a picture of me. :slick:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I started by quoting, but I don't know if that's necessary. People know how to Control-F (or whatever you off Apple types do).

Tranq has 38 posts. 11 of them are about Wilgy. I will admit that his posts do look like they would come from a guy who is sitting on something and trying to get more mileage out of that thing. Others should weigh in.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:28 pm MP made up a scroll in Sword of Truth but that was years ago on the Piano. Someone else may have done it more recently.
Nope. That was exactly what I was thinking of. Thank you for having a better memory than I have!!!!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

A Sad Night For The Realm

"Our next target should be just up ahead," said shadowy figure #1. "I think I can see some movement through the trees." The two of them slunk forward stealthily.

"You're crazy," said the other, "That's just one of the Spirit Wrangler's pets. Fool." He turned away to continue the search.

"No!" he grabbed his partner's arm. "Look again, simpleton!" They peered out, and recognized the solemn countenance before them.

#2's jaw dropped. "It's really him? The legend..."

#1 nodded. "That's him. I guess he's too dangerous to keep around for the big plan. And yeah, we have the magicks needed to do the job."

"Killin' the spirit of a statue," mused #2. "You never really know where life is gonna take you, do ya?"

#1 nodded again. "Stick around, my friend. If this plan goes through, there'll be plenty more surprises!"

#2 said, "Nah, let's go get a drink instead."

juliets walked alone, clothed, as always, in an aura of kindness and care. And clothes - I mean, she had clothes as well. Not just an aura. She left everyone she met feeling better than they had before.

When she heard the angry growl from the shadowy bushes, she was not afraid. "Here boy," she held out a hand. "I won't hurt you, I'm-"

She was cut off as the creature leapt forward and kicked both feet into juliets' chest, knocking her to her back and slamming down on top of her. "You don't fool ME!" snarled the creature, slashing at juliets' throat with sharp claws.

Many cute forest creatures showed up to mourn juliets' death, for the Realm had lost a beautiful asset, a true beacon of goodness.

DharmaHelper hasn't been killed. He's the Spirit of the Living Statue, still Independent. Lock up your daughters, he's here and ready to rock and roll!

juliets has been killed. She was the Gentle Shepherd, a member of the Jagged Blade.

Day 3 has begun. I will be sending out night and movement PMs over the next couple of hours.

I think I'll lock the thread while I do that. Go relax a bit, friends.

Return to “Previous Jobs”