71%

Total votes: 17
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 4]

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:53 pm
LoRab wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:35 pm @rock con: will failed kill attempts show up on night posts?
No, I decided to go a bit more minimalist this time. Failed kills do not show up.
Well this clears up that.
Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm
Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:29 pm if everything we've been told and everything we're assuming is true is true, and also DDL killed nutella, then DDL is one of the following, ranked from most civ to least civ:

savage pixie: i think this role is the most likely of these to be civ, since it can identify corpses.

Sakana Sashimi: i think this is probably an indie role since their kill count was increased for balance purposes, this possibility only applies if nutella died in the water

Dark Woshipper: DDL himself described this role as a probable hostile indie role, and it seems apt, since

a member of the mafia who just happened to carry out the kill on nutella, if Turnip Head was the one killed by the mafia then that makes this one obsolete.

i don't think i'd consider DDL an immediate priority for lynching specifically unless he's mafia, the Dark Worshipper does look dangerous and would be good to be rid of sooner or later for sure, but sakana sashimi can basically only kill people who decide to go swimming for some reason, and savage pixie has clear posititve utility.
Why would the Savage Pixie, if civ, use their one time kill on nutella Night 1?
i don't believe the savage pixie would do that.

nutella was far from a strong suspect of anyone
So let's assume Savage Pixie didn't kill nutella then.
nutella is a smart player who's usually well aware of the roles so i think she would try to avoid the water squares.
From your POV, that leaves DDL as Dark Worshipper or random mafia member. Why isn't he an immediate priority lynching again?

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] do you have any reads on Kyle?
I have mixed feels on a DDL lynch myself, I feel he could be a specific role *for reasons of my own* that may or may not be a civ role based solely on speculation. His thread has not given me much to go on, so I have hesitated to join the "let's lynch person X becasue there is a Y% chance they are bad" wagon we seem to have going on in this game.

This has been said before, it needs to be said again. Everyone in this game seems mainly in love with their own idea and the town needs to start listening to each other. We seem to have some ace manipulators in this thread, and we need to stop pushing so many different agendas. There lies insanity, and being overrun by Mafia. But thinking more than one person could be bad does not automatically mean people are "saving" someone when the vote is 9-8 in a game with 22 players left [mention]Enrique[/mention].

While I am sorry to see Novas role go, he wasn't playing so his cool role was of no use to the town. I am a bit surprised that he did not flip as either Malingerer or Darkness, and I wonder why those roles are inactive? That said, I still think TH was who he flipped as being.
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:11 am Cataclysm bois lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooo
OK.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, although we don't know about the role that took Macs win con, I guess they may have done that to someone else (Sprityo?) and we would be none the wiser. Honestly, I was expecting Nova to flip as the silencer role moreso than as the soul stealer role.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

How is it that every time I change my vote people think I'm teammates with the guy I just changed from?

I voted for 4 people yesterday. Maybe me and the first 3 are a mafia team, then?

Or maybe we should just wait until people flip their roles because we start calling everyone teammates? Contrary to popular belief, we don't know for sure if Sig is bad or not.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually it has to be a 5 person team, since I'm also teammates with Tranq. Isn't that right?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:24 am @Long Con @Black Rock

If you had a game event that reset everyone's roles and randomly gave them new ones you'd be legends.
I've seen a host career get destroyed after someone did that.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 3]

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:55 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:35 pm Somebody lay out like a two sentence case for why sig please
Someone targeted me last night with a scum power and of the 5 people it could be, I think 4 of them realize I can see around me and harming me without killing me is too dangerous.
That would've been helpful 2 hours earlier :/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm
Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:29 pm if everything we've been told and everything we're assuming is true is true, and also DDL killed nutella, then DDL is one of the following, ranked from most civ to least civ:

savage pixie: i think this role is the most likely of these to be civ, since it can identify corpses.

Sakana Sashimi: i think this is probably an indie role since their kill count was increased for balance purposes, this possibility only applies if nutella died in the water

Dark Woshipper: DDL himself described this role as a probable hostile indie role, and it seems apt, since

a member of the mafia who just happened to carry out the kill on nutella, if Turnip Head was the one killed by the mafia then that makes this one obsolete.

i don't think i'd consider DDL an immediate priority for lynching specifically unless he's mafia, the Dark Worshipper does look dangerous and would be good to be rid of sooner or later for sure, but sakana sashimi can basically only kill people who decide to go swimming for some reason, and savage pixie has clear posititve utility.
Why would the Savage Pixie, if civ, use their one time kill on nutella Night 1?
i don't believe the savage pixie would do that.

nutella was far from a strong suspect of anyone
So let's assume Savage Pixie didn't kill nutella then.
nutella is a smart player who's usually well aware of the roles so i think she would try to avoid the water squares.
From your POV, that leaves DDL as Dark Worshipper or random mafia member. Why isn't he an immediate priority lynching again?

@Dragon D. Luffy do you have any reads on Kyle?
I have a pretty solid civ one from the last time I ISO'd him but that might be outdated, I could look again.

So far I don't recall him doing anything suspicious so he probably stays as a civ read.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:32 am @Enrique let's compare notes. Do you have any reason to think Colin might be civ?
Nope.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:40 pm Damn it! Whose idea was that!? Fuck.
Speedchuck’s.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Enrique wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:53 am
Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:32 am @Enrique let's compare notes. Do you have any reason to think Colin might be civ?
Nope.
Me neither.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Good

colonialbob
DharmaHelper
Enrique
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
LoRab
MacDougall
Quin
SVS
speedchuck

Please lynch

Dana
Dragon D. Luffy
G-Man
insertnamehere
sabie12
Sloonei
Sorsha
Tranq
timmer
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

interesting omission of sig and Kyle
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:07 am
Enrique wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:53 am
Nope.
Me neither.
Me neither.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:15 am Good

colonialbob
DharmaHelper
Enrique
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
LoRab
MacDougall
Quin
SVS
speedchuck

Please lynch

Dana
Dragon D. Luffy
G-Man
insertnamehere
sabie12
Sloonei
Sorsha
Tranq
timmer
I can clear 3, probably 4 names on your Lynch list.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Guess the INH is aubergine theory is dead

Unless nova was hollow man all along :omg:

:grin:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I still think Tranq being random animal and INH being an indie makes sense, and I dunno why INH had to be aubergine to be an indie.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:12 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:35 pm Somebody lay out like a two sentence case for why sig please
Someone targeted me last night with a scum power and of the 5 people it could be, I think 4 of them realize I can see around me and harming me without killing me is too dangerous.
Like the eighth time I said it. :shrug2:

Real funny how Sig and Nova both say nothing and this massive shift from Sig to Nova happens.

Ooooooh weeeeell.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 am

Real funny how Sig and Nova both say nothing and this massive shift from Sig to Nova happens.

Ooooooh weeeeell.
But I needed it then because I didn't have time to dig. :shrug2:

Holiday party was good, in case anybody wondered. Everybody got a free beer (or wine).
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 am We should try to, like, do something with some of the information that exists in the thread, no?

I’ll be back to a regular participant on Friday. Til then I’m mostly just gonna be getting glimpses of the thread.
No, we should just lynch the quietest person we can find cause the darkness mirror suggested it.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 am We should try to, like, do something with some of the information that exists in the thread, no?

I’ll be back to a regular participant on Friday. Til then I’m mostly just gonna be getting glimpses of the thread.
No, we should just lynch the quietest person we can find cause the darkness mirror suggested it.
I found a mirror named Freddy that suggested the same thing
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sabie12 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:02 am So I just happened to notice that sig did not vote the last 2 lynch polls. Not even when he was being accused and at risk for being lynched himself.
Maybe he’s the Darkness. :noble:

Anybody who voted Nova want to explain to me why he was a better choice than Sig?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:08 am
sabie12 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:02 am So I just happened to notice that sig did not vote the last 2 lynch polls. Not even when he was being accused and at risk for being lynched himself.

Anybody who voted Nova want to explain to me why he was a better choice than Sig?
I voted for Nova as opposed to sig becasue I don't know that the case on sig is enough for me to vote to end his game. I thought the idea that Malingus or Darkness was an inactive had credit, AND even if we were wrong, he was an inactive and not engaged, so it was less of a loss for the town or for him.

If I had not moved my vote to Nova, I likely would have kept it on INH because I don't believe he was trying to get lynched.

If sig magically disappeared, Jack, who would you vote for and who else do you think is bad?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:58 am Actually it has to be a 5 person team, since I'm also teammates with Tranq. Isn't that right?
There there. I believe you’re a townie, guy.

So Kyle or Sloonei is bad.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Enrique wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:27 am interesting omission of sig and Kyle
I messed up and deleted some names by accident. Lunch Kyle, sig I dunno. Felt like he was town but the switch to nova was fuckin shady.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am

I voted for Nova as opposed to sig becasue I don't know that the case on sig is enough for me to vote to end his game. I thought the idea that Malingus or Darkness was an inactive had credit, AND even if we were wrong, he was an inactive and not engaged, so it was less of a loss for the town or for him.

If I had not moved my vote to Nova, I likely would have kept it on INH because I don't believe he was trying to get lynched.

If sig magically disappeared, Jack, who would you vote for and who else do you think is bad?
Nono. Explain why Nova is even more likely to be the Darkness or the silencer than Sig.

Depends on some other stuff. Kyle probably bad. Maybe Timmer.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nono. Explain why Nova is even more likely to be the Darkness or the silencer than Sig.

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Do you believe Tranq was trying to get lynched?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

*Lynch Kyle
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:32 am I can clear 3, probably 4 names on your Lynch list.
What, with a Mirror of Truth? What gives you any idea that I am going to listen to you?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I know we got suspects but what if we just throw our hands up and lynch Sorsha? 🙄
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

For the longest time, I thought Colin’s avatar was Wolverine cause why does JP have muttonchops?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 145

Post by sig »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 am

Ooooooh weeeeell.
I said nothing on purpose he just said nothing.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also lol when I throw my hands up I dont get lynched vut when I fight against it I do.

So I meant to vote for sab before I left yesterday. Sorry forgot to.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Jack's claiming to have info he's either wrong and bad or just wrong. I didnt target anyone.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 4]

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:14 pm 5. I get to rub it in sig's face that I helped his ass the next time he suggests I be lynched just for having the audacity to linger.
:ninja: :clap: :hug:
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sig wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:25 am Jack's claiming to have info he's either wrong and bad or just wrong. I didnt target anyone.
Who are you, son? :keys:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I rest my case on Sig not paying attention to me to know targeting me would be a bad idea.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:23 am For the longest time, I thought Colin’s avatar was Wolverine cause why does JP have muttonchops?
Inherent Vice, brother — fantastic movie, kind of like a more confusing Big Lebowski.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:33 am I rest my case on Sig not paying attention to me to know targeting me would be a bad idea.
Seems like weak reasoning why could the other players not have?
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

sig wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:33 am I rest my case on Sig not paying attention to me to know targeting me would be a bad idea.
:noble:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:14 am

Becasue he was inactive, and so was the silencer. The Darkness, more problematic if there are victims other than Mac. Sprit may have been darknessed as he flipped as no orientation.

The sig case is totally based on a version of "I said so", right?

I have no idea about Timmer, he always reads as so level to me until he suddenly doesn't. I believe Kyle to be a civ. With no qualification.
colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:14 am

i don't know. His story was more believable, although I gotta say I hated that "And INH is my civviest read" remark he made. The way INH behaved, if you remove any one elses behavior, totally based on his own posts, I think INHs story about wanting to be lynched is a lie. Very much so.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

SVS, Sig is also pretty inactive. That’s my point. Sig has a case on him. Nova’s case also applies to Sig (and Sorsha and maybe Dana).

Btw, Sorsha and Dana’s avatars are great. [mention]Dana[/mention] is that your gato?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sig wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am
The other players are CBob and Mac, who I know know my ability because they discussed it with me previously.

Also, Timmer who claims to have known and Speedchuck, who has been near me all game but somewhat inactive especially early.

Idk if I believe Timmer.

I think that considering I have gotten Speed lynched several times in recent games that if he was bad, he’d have tried to kill me by now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I want to think Sprityo was town because I love him but I think he tried to kill DH. Pure gut from my DH killer group. Might reevaluate that if Sabbie flips scum.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:43 am
colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:14 am

i don't know. His story was more believable, although I gotta say I hated that "And INH is my civviest read" remark he made. The way INH behaved, if you remove any one elses behavior, totally based on his own posts, I think INHs story about wanting to be lynched is a lie. Very much so.
crazypills.mp4

This is the same thing DDL said and I continue to have no idea how either of you reach this conclusion. INH "slipped" and then shitposted, Tranq said he found the mirror of truth and then actually kept pretending it was real. He's also actually been giving reads and stuff while INH basically hasn't done contributed as far as I remember.

I can definitely see INH playing a game of "lynch me please" as mafia, but Tranq just seems like mafia who messed up. Also he said he believes INH and thinks they have the same role, so if you believe Tranq shouldn't you also believe INH??

:confused: :confused:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Would being this darkness thing prevent sig from voting? I still could see sig being bad. I didnt end up voting nova because the him not participating thing was something he did last game and he wasnt bad. He had like nothing to go off of. I can see why people thought he was sketchy but eh. Losing him didnt change a lot of the game if he wasnt participating but it does change that we now lost another civ member which does not benefit us at all. All these lynches have not been going so great for us. I also went off of that same kinda weird behavior on wilgy and ended up being wrong on him so I didnt want to necessarily do that again.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

[mention]insertnamehere[/mention]
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]sig[/mention]

Where did you go?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 am So let's assume Savage Pixie didn't kill nutella then.
that's what i've been saying, my dude
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm
Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 am So let's assume Savage Pixie didn't kill nutella then.
But you said the opposite here:
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:29 pm i don't think i'd consider DDL an immediate priority for lynching specifically unless he's mafia,
:shrug:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:11 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm
But you said the opposite here:
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:29 pm i don't think i'd consider DDL an immediate priority for lynching specifically unless he's mafia,
:shrug:
they're not opposite statements. both say that DDL should be lynched if he's mafia, the only difference is that if DDL were the Dark Worshipper or other, at the point i made that post i'd have preferred we lynch a full mafia member, to reduce their kill range etc.

i also spent like half of yesterday trying to get people (and Sloonei) to talk about DDL, voted for DDL and also said "we should lynch DDL" like 3 or 4 times, but i guess i can see why you might have received mixed signals from that, since i did make one post about being okay with putting DDL off, after being ignored a lot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”