35%

Total votes: 23
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Re: [NIGHT 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Looks like Bullz, Kate, and I are the Uncultured Brutes. Maybe our band name?
:guitar: :bass: :drums:
Can I be the drummer? I've never even touched a set of drums before in my life but it looks like a lot of fun!
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I could be on board with that as well. I don't like how [redacted] has dominated the thread and gloated so much at his own survival.

So now that someone other than me has pointed out the folly of keeping up the whole discussion regarding that guy and his stuff, now you're on board.
Yes.
AceofSpaces wrote:So... Can we all agree Lizzy is pretty suspicious?
Yes.
Yes, but I will start That Guy first.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 23

Post by AceofSpaces »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I could be on board with that as well. I don't like how [redacted] has dominated the thread and gloated so much at his own survival.

So now that someone other than me has pointed out the folly of keeping up the whole discussion regarding that guy and his stuff, now you're on board.
Yes.
Yes.

Yeah, I'd like that too, but I'm pretty sure Epi ruined that when he spammed his name like a million times. I don't feel safe voting for anyone who may possibly have benefited from having their name spammed a million times in one day. I'd rather go with the "safe" vote.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Can I be the drummer? I've never even touched a set of drums before in my life but it looks like a lot of fun!
Then I should play bass and lets hope Kate has no experience with guitar and we should be rockin' :dance:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Yes.
Yes.

Yeah, I'd like that too, but I'm pretty sure Epi ruined that when he spammed his name like a million times. I don't feel safe voting for anyone who may possibly have benefited from having their name spammed a million times in one day. I'd rather go with the "safe" vote.
Disagree. I doubt he will have a save 2 nights in a row if he is that role, and if he is possibly a baddie taking advantage of this scenario, which is also possible, then still better to end it faster.

I plan to vote That Guy.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

^ Agree wholeheartedly and will act accordingly.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

The thing is, I was ready to be on your side, and help catch baddies. And then S~V~S started to rail against indie roles. Blame her, not me.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Whatever.

You called me stupid; I am not talking to you :)

Also @Aces~ lets not cast stones. Lots of people said it. That Guy is blaming Epig, I don;t think we need to.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

juliets wrote:Hedge, the "it's such a perfect day" lyrics are from a Lou Reed song that's being used to advertise for PS4. That's all I've got, I've only heard it in the context of that commercial where the combatants are singing it to each other, indicating the combat makes a perfect day (at least that's how I interpret the commercial).
Mmmmm... No.

Two best friends playing all new games together/against each other on their brand new PS4s is what makes it a perfect day.
Notice that it's the same 2 guys in each of the video game scenarios ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:Whatever.

You called me stupid; I am not talking to you :)

Also @Aces~ lets not cast stones. Lots of people said it. That Guy is blaming Epig, I don;t think we need to.
I didn't call you stupid, I said that your disposition towards indie role's was.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Yous guys can vote Sherlock again. But I'm going to vote for the naked red monster again. Just in case this turns out to be reverse psychology :)

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Please stop twisting my words for what, sympathy? Or maybe your angle is: Hey, INH doesn't like me, that must mean I'm good, rite guys!?!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
juliets wrote:Hedge, the "it's such a perfect day" lyrics are from a Lou Reed song that's being used to advertise for PS4. That's all I've got, I've only heard it in the context of that commercial where the combatants are singing it to each other, indicating the combat makes a perfect day (at least that's how I interpret the commercial).
Mmmmm... No.

Two best friends playing all new games together/against each other on their brand new PS4s is what makes it a perfect day.
It was an interpretation.

And that song is also a popular song with support groups for families of people with terminal illness. It's about living life to the fullest while you can, a good lesson for all of us.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Hedgeowl wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: Do the lyrics That Guy is posting mean something to anyone?
What kind of sick uncultured brute are you?
The kind who doesnt know or remember lyrics or who sings them. I lik to git my danz on. :dance:
bea wrote:
It was also used pretty famously in Trainspotting when Renton (aka Obi Wan) ODed. :)

also also - Lou Reed is awesome.
Thank juliets and bea! :) Lou Reed is most def awesome.

A mighty fine band to be a part of! :srsnod:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:
Mmmmm... No.

And that song is also a popular song with support groups for families of people with terminal illness. It's about living life to the fullest while you can, a good lesson for all of us.
Sorry. I reread my post and I kinda sounded like a dick :blush: Not my intention. That was my interpretation of the commercial :)
It is a great song for any agenda :D

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:
Mmmmm... No.

Really? I always thought that it was a very dark, and sarcastic song. The whole instrumentation, (Except for the chorus) is slow, and a bit sad. And then there's these lyrics.
I thought I was
someone else, someone good

And of course this repeated four times at the end of the song.
You're going to reap just what you sow
Very ominous.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did not play a lot of these games, I modded Bioshock & MOTU, for instance, which i know were pretty epic games to play. Looking at the baddie roles, is there anything someone who did not play the games those roles represent should know?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:

I did not play a lot of these games, I modded Bioshock & MOTU, for instance, which i know were pretty epic games to play. Looking at the baddie roles, is there anything someone who did not play the games those roles represent should know?
To you? That Indis and Neutrals can win with civs ;)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

And watch out for backstabbing Bouncers. They can be a bitch.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What does that mean? "To you"?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote:

If the big daddy ever fails to kill someone there's a chance he's betrayed his team and will slaughter them all at his earliest convenience. The Pirahna Plant is actually a pretty big threat that we should hope dies early on. It was an asset to our team in Mario, and I'm not sure how best to combat it here given this game has like twice as many players. Those are the only baddies whose games I really played.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also as the Smiley Czar, i am gonna find us a new winky smiley. That particular one always reads as condescending to me, and actually colors how i view the posts of the person who used it. So i would like to solicit other "winky" smilies.

Linki~ thanks Bullz
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:What does that mean? "To you"?
To me? That means that it's possible that only one plasmid was given out Day 1 (I especially think this because of what Daisy said. And I suspect that the one plasmid out there now is the one that takes control of the Big Daddy. This won't affect me in any way, though, unless of course he kills me... then he will totally ruin my day :|

As for my indi comment... Come on. Just look at my avatar. THAT's what that means to me.

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Re: [DAY 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by blindfaeth »

Mongoose wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Voted for Dom for reasons I'm not alloweed to revel.
What the what??

Ok, I am sticking with INH for my vote today, but Vomps has certainly jumped up my list too now.
It's possible that I'm in a baddie team and my fellow baddies have BTSC told me whom to vote for k
Whaaaat are you doing man? Don't do that, c'mon hoss. This is the Championships and whatnot. Oh well, to thine own self be true, right? No one can ever say you are not yourself, so that's something.

BF mentioned again about Nev stating INH's program wasn't possible (in my own words) and a quick peek to Nev's program confirms that he is indeed a Software Engineer (http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/member ... file&u=251), so he seems to know a lot of tech stuff as well (Nev, hope you don't find it creepery that I posted that, hoss).

PS - I am no way attempting to impugn HAL's dad's proficiency or professionalism with tehesame topic, just showing that if Nev was in court as an expert witness, I wouldn't move to quash him or whatnot.

Linki & The Ocarina of Time
Are you sure that was me? I don't recall doing this? :eek:

I'm not sure what to think of he who shall not be named's non-lynch, I can see several possibilities from the role list, but something tells me we might want to lynch him again. I can't stop thinking of that little mob smiley from RM :p
S~V~S wrote:

SVS, I do remember that Zodac from MOTU was Timmer and he was very difficult to kill. I seem to recall that every time we attempted to lynch him, Timmer revealed later that we had given up just a little too soon, and that we'd have done him in if we voted a third time in a row - I don't recall that role being particularly vile while played by Timmer, but I think in the wrong hands it could definitely be a role we wouldn't want around.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

If the big daddy ever fails to kill someone there's a chance he's betrayed his team and will slaughter them all at his earliest convenience. The Pirahna Plant is actually a pretty big threat that we should hope dies early on. It was an asset to our team in Mario, and I'm not sure how best to combat it here given this game has like twice as many players. Those are the only baddies whose games I really played.
I endorse this statement. Next lynch someone will probably die from the Piranha plant unless it falls on the host or non-players.

Also, SVS i dont have alternative winkies in mind, but am happy to have a new option. Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, Devin, you said, in answer to my question:
Would you answer this differently to anyone else? And i did not play that game, i don;t know what your avatar means.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:No, Devin, you said, in answer to my question:
Would you answer this differently to anyone else? And i did not play that game, i don;t know what your avatar means.
It was meant to be somewhat of a joke, SVS. In my most recent experience with you (which is somehow still going on) you stated that you typically look at indis as being bad.

Also, you just stated that you modded Bioshock. What does that mean if you don't follow the game?
As for your question: I was Sander Cohen, The Indi of the game, and I loved it! So now I'm pretty passionate about taking indis seriously. And this means that no matter which side you are on, you should always want them on your side.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S, speaking of what bad roles can do, do you remember offhand what exactly the tiers were for our baddie who is in this game as an indy (name intentionally witheld)? I can't remember and cant get to our spreadsheets to look at it. By tiers I'm talking about how many points got them to the first level which was what? 2cnd level? 3rd? etc. I know MP has changed things but i think it would be helpful to know what it originally was. Hope this makes sense to you. I hope you didnt already provide this info and I missed it! I'll feel like a dunce!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did mod it, Devin, but I did not take an interest in who was who as that would compromise neutrality. And we don't know the win conditions of these people, and even if we did they are not civvies.

This PARTICULAR role is very dangerous. And I have been an Indy too, and am very passionate about it as well. Take that as you will.

Linki @ JC~ actually the kill was from a similar role in Dr Seuss, I changed it to Chaos as 2 kills were kinda "meh", this was Media as originally played:
Media: She controls what you see, what you think, what you know. She gains power via popularity. *Secret* Sliding scale of powers based on thread mentions other than by her teammates, QUOTES DO NOT COUNT.

0 mentions = No power; 1-5 = Block One Vote, 6-10 = Alignment check; 11-15 = cast a curse; 16-20 =Block 2 votes, 21-25 = Blanket team protection (from all powers); 26+ Chaos~ randomly redirect all night powers other than your teams.

You are responsible for keeping count, we might double check you. You must use the blanket protection before gaining another one, and can cause Chaos only once in the game.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S VS. ANYONE SHE THINKS WHO SAID SOMETHING THAT PROBABLY WASN'T MEANT IN A NEGATIVE MANNER AT ALL, AND WAS MERELY A COMMENTARY ON HOW SHE PLAYS THE GAME

CAGE MATCH

BUY TICKETS NOW!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

insertnamehere wrote:S~V~S VS. ANYONE SHE THINKS WHO SAID SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT HER, THAT PROBABLY WASN'T MEANT IN A NEGATIVE MANNER AT ALL, AND WAS MERELY A COMMENTARY ON HOW SHE PLAYS THE GAME

CAGE MATCH

BUY TICKETS NOW!
Fixed, sorry.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

insertnamehere wrote:S~V~S VS. ANYONE SHE THINKS WHO SAID SOMETHING THAT PROBABLY WASN'T MEANT IN A NEGATIVE MANNER AT ALL, AND WAS MERELY A COMMENTARY ON HOW SHE PLAYS THE GAME

CAGE MATCH

BUY TICKETS NOW!
Cage fight? More like cat fight.

Get it? Cause you're a puss.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Can we cool it with the SVS bashing, please? I feel like it has become quite disrespectful.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think we did allow carry over, too, since this is a hard role to play without outing yourself if you get greedy for mentions.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

thellama73 wrote:Can we cool it with the SVS bashing, please? I feel like it has become quite disrespectful.
THAT PROBABLY WASN'T MEANT IN A NEGATIVE MANNER AT ALL, AND WAS MERELY A COMMENTARY ON HOW SHE PLAYS THE GAME
THAT PROBABLY WASN'T MEANT IN A NEGATIVE MANNER AT ALL, AND WAS MERELY A COMMENTARY ON HOW SHE PLAYS THE GAME
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Can we cool it with the SVS bashing, please? I feel like it has become quite disrespectful.
I;m sorry,I don't understand what you're saying. Perhaps if you posted in a larger font.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

thellama73 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
I;m sorry,I don't understand what you're saying. Perhaps if you posted in a larger font.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lol
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

I literally missed the vote by mere minutes....sorry all...I've been sidlined w/ the flu going on a week now. Day 2 should hopefully prove more productive for me. no guarantees though...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

:| Never intended any bashing. Sorry, SVS.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

BigDamnHero wrote:I literally missed the vote by mere minutes....sorry all...I've been sidlined w/ the flu going on a week now. Day 2 should hopefully prove more productive for me. no guarantees though...
:eek: BDH!! You evil bastard!!! I hope you feel better!! :hug:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

If anyone asks while I'm away ^ That was for his performance in Homestar Runner Mafia. :p

BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Devin the Omniscient wrote: :eek: BDH!! You evil bastard!!! I hope you feel better!! :hug:
\That is SLANDER sir & you'll be hearing from my MafiAttourney.... :biggrin:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

;airguitar: What the fuck is this smiley supposed to be?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

;airguitar:
insertnamehere wrote:;airguitar: What the fuck is this smiley supposed to be?
Ahem, I believe it is air guitar. :guitar:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

That little guy plays like Townshend. :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [DAY 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Mongoose »

blindfaeth wrote: Are you sure that was me? I don't recall doing this? :eek:
No, I'm not ha, but I didn't bother checking because I was already overwhelmed with the avalanche of posts last night. :derp: I probably should have confirmed who said it but it didn't really matter as to the substance to what I was discussing, so I hope that's okay!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

front version of twerking?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Hedgeowl wrote:;airguitar:
Ahem, I believe it is air guitar. :guitar:
So that's what you call it?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That particular smiley set is really cute, but on the small side. I keep looking for something similar but bigger.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”