Who?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 pm

speedchuck
61%
sprityo
No votes
Kylemii
11%
Roger Daltrey (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
28%

Total votes: 18
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90

Re: The Game of Champions 2018 [Day 4]

Post by Elohcin »

I'm hangin', niju :)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 69

Post by sig »

Can someone fill me in on the info Sprits got? Since it seemed from what I saw that he's just saying he thinks she's not bad not that he's a cop.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm ready and willing to die with this Luna lynch, like no way is she civ imo. Eloh I don't really see the logic for voting her, but it isn't like I've had her as a civ so it winds up being a meh lynch for me. If she flips civ I do think it confirms that we need to lynch Luna tomorrow.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also nova's transition from voting me, which I believe he did earlier today to jumping on board the wagon I'm pushing is off putting.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 206
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:31 pm Can someone fill me in on the info Sprits got? Since it seemed from what I saw that he's just saying he thinks she's not bad not that he's a cop.
I asked him for clarification but he hasn't answered.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123

Post by novaselinenever »

sig wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:34 pm Also nova's transition from voting me, which I believe he did earlier today to jumping on board the wagon I'm pushing is off putting.
Do you read the thread at all?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 133

Post by S~V~S »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:32 pm i have to go, i'm voting for [VOTE: lunalee] aubergine for now, i'll check in during or after the spidermn movie and possibly move my vote
You did not actually vote.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Wait, I was wrong, sprit did answer me. Here it is:
sprityo wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:57 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm Here's his post. It came during the lynch. Is this a vouch or an opinion?
sprityo wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 am Hey guys Luna is town :beer: another mystery solved
It came at the start of this phase when I was the only one voting her. I took it as a result from the previous night, him having solved something just like with niju and LC.
That could be what he meant - I'll see what he says. sprityo
nova is correct, it's something i solved
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

He also backtracked saying that it wasn't a result from any ability or whatnot, but rather his convictions.
novaselinenever
Hitman

am I the only one noticing that Luna's avoiding sharing the target of her redirections. Seems weird since she wasn't shy about claiming her role when she was about to get lynched. Her excuse of the discussion that will result from her sharing is as bogus as they come.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 pm am I the only one noticing that Luna's avoiding sharing the target of her redirections. Seems weird since she wasn't shy about claiming her role when she was about to get lynched. Her excuse of the discussion that will result from her sharing is as bogus as they come.
I have noticed it but I don't know whether to attribute it to avoidance or her just not being around.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 pm am I the only one noticing that Luna's avoiding sharing the target of her redirections. Seems weird since she wasn't shy about claiming her role when she was about to get lynched. Her excuse of the discussion that will result from her sharing is as bogus as they come.
I have noticed it but I don't know whether to attribute it to avoidance or her just not being around.
It happened last night, and she was around to give her excuse but left after I insisted and Bob asked too. She's been around since I believe.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:09 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 pm
It happened last night, and she was around to give her excuse but left after I insisted and Bob asked too. She's been around since I believe.
oh ok, I have not looked at the timing as closely as you have.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

She also ignored nutellas question about how her redirection worked.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Yeah I really don't like that, usually when you fake claim you attempt to be as vague as possible so others can't call you out on it. Which is what she's doing right now.
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90

Post by Elohcin »

You are making a big mistake! I had a very cool power I was going to use tonight, but I guess it will go unused. Ta-ta fine folks.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 303

Post by nutella »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:19 pm You are making a big mistake! I had a very cool power I was going to use tonight, but I guess it will go unused. Ta-ta fine folks.
We could lunch Kyle instead. :nicenod:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Omnomnom
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:19 pm You are making a big mistake! I had a very cool power I was going to use tonight, but I guess it will go unused. Ta-ta fine folks.
Ok. I'll vote Luna. She needs to be more transparent. [VOTE: luna] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

if Kyle had voted we would be one vote apart.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Lunalee »

juliets wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:04 pm hey gang who trusts speedchuck
Have you seen something that you think makes him suspect? I had him sorted as civ because his vote was compelled but if Luna isn't bad that goes away. I'll re-read his ISO.
I was thinking externally about the thread and I found myself wondering if a civilian Luna is indicative of speedchuck being a bucket of TMI
I re-read speed and I can see where he started defending Luna early on (Day 1) but I also see he engaged DH with some back and forth early on, too early for bussing I think. His discussion with me last night seemed like he had info about Luna because he was telling me what she "probably" had been thinking, things she had not said in the thread, but that made it seem like they both were bad as opposed to TMI. I can't find other instances in his posts where TMI seems to apply but someone else should look too, I could easily have missed something.

@Lunalee were the reasons speed gave about what you were thinking when you compelled him to vote TH true? He seemed to think there was something you were not voicing in the thread about your thinking during that time. Is that true? Any reason you can think of why speed would think this?
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:23 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm It's mostly because of the wand issue though. I had marked Luna off my suspects list until I found out she had the wand, compelled speed to vote Turnip, and says she just picked the two of them for no reason. I find it hard to believe a smart woman like Luna wouldn't have tried to use her item strategically or at least for some reason.
And because she does something you think is un-strategic, you think she's scum? How does that make sense?

This is just another symptom of the "You're playing sub-optimally so you must be scum" mindset that I got in trouble for in Hogwarts Mafia, Everyone's-Cursed Mafia, etc.
Why are you so convinced she's town?
No mechanical reason. Just a hunch. I've gotten used to reading Luna in mafia games a bit, I think.
I'd bet anything that Luna used the wand because she thought she'd be lynched D2 and wanted to use the cool item.
She might have made me target TH because he "Liked!" my surgery post, for lols.

The only thing I could remotely suspect her for in the game so far is that there were coordinated "possessions" with me and Juliets. At the same time, I see no mafia motive or reasonable suspicion beyond "this is so synchronized y'all" in that event.
Given that the Wand was a unique item, someone copying the power or using another item that duplicates the effect wouldn't be out of the picture. Anyway, I'm not voting for Luna over night action screwery that has no concrete scum leaning.

And if Luna were on a mafia team, they'd be screaming "NO, DON'T WASTE THE VOTE FORCING ABILITY ON DAY 2!" Just an afterthought.
Reposting what speed said above for reference.

I didn't want to hang onto the wand incase I died. I don't like wasting items.
I picked speed to vote TH because it sort of gave him a break from having to read the thread and decide who to vote, and I chose TH because I mildly suspected him. That was the extent of my reasoning
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:12 pm @Lunalee I would be interested in the answer to this:
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 pm @Lunalee Is it a redirect or a misdirect? As in, do you choose the new target or do you just cause someone to fire at a random target?
I choose a person, and I choose who their night action targets.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:08 pm @Lunalee Who did you redirect all these nights?
I don't want to say because it will inevitably turn into a discussion of, "Why did Luna pick those people? She must be scum." I will say however that I don't believe any of my redirects have actually affected anything. Meaning I haven't redirected any kills.
Avoiding to share could also turn into a discussion with a similar conclusion, lol. It might help ease the suspicion on you and that's not a good enough reservation, so I'm going to have to insist.
Sorry, I'm not planning to share everything I've done with my role. It might help town, but it might also be useful info for scum. Would you share everything you've in this game openly with the thread?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lunalee wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:08 pm @Lunalee Who did you redirect all these nights?
I don't want to say because it will inevitably turn into a discussion of, "Why did Luna pick those people? She must be scum." I will say however that I don't believe any of my redirects have actually affected anything. Meaning I haven't redirected any kills.
Avoiding to share could also turn into a discussion with a similar conclusion, lol. It might help ease the suspicion on you and that's not a good enough reservation, so I'm going to have to insist.
Sorry, I'm not planning to share everything I've done with my role. It might help town, but it might also be useful info for scum. Would you share everything you've in this game openly with the thread?
How does it help scum exactly? This just sound like an excuse, and it's not the one you were using last night. Switching up the excuses?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 pm
How does it help scum exactly? This just sound like an excuse, and it's not the one you were using last night. Switching up the excuses?
I don't know, say I reveal that I redirected from a certain person to another certain person. Scum or serial killer or whoever can then assume I won't redirect the same way again, and can target a defenseless person without any chance of screwery.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But you role claimed and that's different. I wouldn't tell who I targeted if I had a targeting power, but I didn't role claim.

Telling your targets is one possible way to prove whether your claim is truthful or not.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

God this is fire emblem all over again
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lunalee wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 pm
I don't know, say I reveal that I redirected from a certain person to another certain person. Scum or serial killer or whoever can then assume I won't redirect the same way again, and can target a defenseless person without any chance of screwery.
This is a bunch of nonsense. How does that change anything? You're not a Doctor. You redirect the person affecting the action as such the only screwery that may happen is you redirect scum themselves. Them knowing that you redirected certain ways doesn't affect their action.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

So full disclosure, part of why I asked that clarifying question is that my (scum) ability in FE was a redirect, and the civilian version of that role was merely a random misdirect. However, if Epi was including that role from that game here I think it's reasonably likely he'd make it a traditional redirect regardless of alignment, so I don't know that this makes me think it's significantly more likely Luna is bad since it would be kinda silly not to give her role that ability regardless. That being said, after how FE went down it is hard to say whether she or Nova is right about whether revealing her targets is more helpful to town or scum at this point. :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

There is absolutely nothing helpful to scum about her targets. Or I just can't see it, lol. It's pretty obvious we don't have a vig (unless it's a really conservative one), so what can they gain from knowing who she redirected?

Her thought that they'll deduce a pattern from her choice of targets that'll benefit them doesn't make sense. So what if they know she redirected X to Y on N2? It's not like she's a protective role (Doctor or bus-driver) where she might not protect the same person twice, thus scum knowing who she already targeted give them an advantage.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 pm There is absolutely nothing helpful to scum about her targets. Or I just can't see it, lol. It's pretty obvious we don't have a vig (unless it's a really conservative one), so what can they gain from knowing who she redirected?

Her thought that they'll deduce a pattern from her choice of targets that'll benefit them doesn't make sense. So what if they know she redirected X to Y on N2? It's not like she's a protective role (Doctor or bus-driver) where she might not protect the same person twice, thus scum knowing who she already targeted give them an advantage.
Huh? What do you think "assassinated" Quin then?

And it seems pretty likely that anti-double-target rules would apply to her as well, but maybe not. :shrug: Also, you just can never be too careful with letting the scum learn info in general because you don't know how much other stuff they already know, and that extra info might help them deduce something in particular.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: The Game of Champions 2018 [Prologue]

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:50 pm
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row) or self-targeting unless otherwise given permission.
[mention]novaselinenever[/mention]
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

Re: The Game of Champions 2018 [Prologue]

nutella wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:50 pm
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row) or self-targeting unless otherwise given permission.
@novaselinenever
Not in a row. Like she redirected me N1, then on N3+. That's her defense. That if they find out who she targeted, it'll make it easier for them.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Mainstream Media won't report real facts - prefer to attack innocent townie instead! Sad!

- Eloh's Twitter, probably
novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:03 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 pm There is absolutely nothing helpful to scum about her targets. Or I just can't see it, lol. It's pretty obvious we don't have a vig (unless it's a really conservative one), so what can they gain from knowing who she redirected?

Huh? What do you think "assassinated" Quin then?

And it seems pretty likely that anti-double-target rules would apply to her as well, but maybe not. :shrug: Also, you just can never be too careful with letting the scum learn info in general because you don't know how much other stuff they already know, and that extra info might help them deduce something in particular.
Not sure about that, but there wasn't a kill from Mafia that same night as well which is throwing me off. A dead scum though, so I'll take it.

This is just a bunch of fear mongering. What info exactly?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Also that's not even her reservation, lol. Her reservation is scum knowing who she targeted would lead to them assuming she wouldn't target the same people again granting them advantage. Like what? :confused2:
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

You've already open claimed, sharing your target list is much more beneficial to town than scum because town has info roles that need to know if they can trust their info. Scum (usually) doesn't - they don't really care if they blocked the wrong person two nights ago.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Bingo
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lynch Luna y'all
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lets face it I'm a tunneller. I have to agree, and I still think she's bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Although I think Eloh might well be bad too. This is hard.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

...Fuck it sure
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Epignosis »

High lock.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: The Game of Champions 2018 [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who faded Turnip Head?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

ColinisCool
6%

Voters: sprityo

colonialbob
No votes

Voters: None

Elochin
28%

Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, speedchuck, nijuukyugou, Lunalee, juliets

Enrique
No votes

JaggedJimmyJay
6%

Voters: colonialbob

juliets
No votes

Kylemii
No votes

Long Con
No votes

Lunalee
39%

Voters: Long Con, novaselinenever, nutella, sig, ColinIsCool, Elohcin, S~V~S

nijuukyugou
No votes

novaselinever
No votes

nutella
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

sig
No votes

speedchuck
No votes

sprityo
No votes

James Harden (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
22%

Voters: Epignosis, Turnip Head, MacDougall, Quin

Total votes: 18
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 4: In Hell I’ll Be in Good Company

Back at the remnants of the diner (y’all bitches done forgot about that, didn’t you?), there was something of a shootout between Elohcin and Lunalee, two gals who had slung hash and were now about to sling each other by the weave.

“I’ll see you in hell,” Elochin said, sticking up her chin, because her chin was her defining feature.

“I’ll be in good company,” Lunalee said, sticking up hers, but I won’t comment on another fella’s woman’s chin like that. You all will just have to imagine what her chin looked like.

When the dust settled, only one chin still had blood pumping in it.

The other chin looked snarled and devilish and insertnamehereish.
Lunalee has been lynched.

She was BOB, a member of the Mafia.

BOB
Each Night, you will possess someone. That individual must target as you wish that Night and vote as you wish the next Day.

It is now Night 4. You have until 9pm EST to submit your PMs.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Damn she was the possessor! Good job nutella and S~V~S changing at the end. I'm sorry I wasn't here.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 188

Post by speedchuck »

Okay town is on point and I suck. Good job guys.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

:lorab:
novaselinenever
Hitman

You guys are welcome :keys:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 188

Post by speedchuck »

Niju is the worst looking vote on the Eloh wagon (I say without catching up). The two off votes are weird. cbob, sprit, what gives?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”