South Park (host/dead/non)
64%

Total votes: 11
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Re: Community Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:33 pm How to be town but suck at it by Dunya and Colin
You’re not wrong
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:24 pm I don't think Epignosis's post history would be a difficult one to assemble as a mafioso.
Agree
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:12 pm I don’t know how people primarily play this game on phones. It sucks.
We just play like shit and accept it
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Community Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:21 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:19 pm Dunya you owe Colin $50.
:blush: :beer: i'll buy you some beers, colin. :p
And just when I was gonna go sober :beer:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 pm i still love epi from this lynch. he could have easily gone to mac to save cbob, and would have if he and bob were on the same team imo. same for quin.
Epi is an evil genius and I will not give him credit for anything
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

So I think we ought to see who attempted to redirect from cbob, even if they ended up voting for him. And maybe especially if they ended up voting for him.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool and colonialbob

Spoiler: show
colonialbob wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:49 pm The biggest reason I have to civ-read Colin is the fact that he didn't appear until fairly late in the thread.

[VOTE: coliniscool] aubergine
colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 am
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:42 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:39 am
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:36 am
colonialbob wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:49 pm The biggest reason I have to civ-read Colin is the fact that he didn't appear until fairly late in the thread.

and you didn't have any reason to scum-read any of the players that have actually been in the game for 2 days? :ponder:
Putting words in my mouth here
you've contributed an agreeable amount which shows you are up to speed on the game and thread, and yet your first "changeable" vote was not on someone who you had reason to scum-read. i don't like that.
That's fair, I didn't actually explain why I don't like Colin. I don't really get his progression on you - he doesn't like your go at J, but seems more positive on your go at Mac, and then says he really doesn't like "that post" but the only specific post of yours he referenced was the one on Mac he agreed with.

And re: me being bad, I was maf in World Asunder (where I didn't catch suspicion until the game exploded, but there were two mafias) and a speed game wherein I was lynched D1 and my partner (speedchuck, natch) was quickly lynched D2. I don't think I've been maf in any other game here, although I was also a hostile indy in the Socky game.

bob had to go to some effort to construct his suspicion of Colin. Looks like he's trying to take advantage of the guy that took the longest to make a post.

He later reversed his take on this dynamic at least pertaining dunya for her treatment of Colin. There's a lot of posts in these sequences, but they're repetitive. I don't care to highlight them, but see for yourselves.

He probably felt dunya was more lynchable later in the phase.

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:34 pm I can see cbob being bad too solely for using a smiley face emote.

Emoji tell is real! Got 'em.

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:23 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:12 pm $50 mac and cbob are w/w. any takers?
I'll vote for cbob and make this wager interesting

[VOTE: CBOB] aubergine

Colin does not seem the least bit bothered with the godfather/forger being destroyed. Good.

~~~

Conclusion

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DFaraday and colonialbob

Nada.

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 248

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 pm i still love epi from this lynch. he could have easily gone to mac to save cbob, and would have if he and bob were on the same team imo. same for quin.
Easily?

I don't think that's true. I wasn't even around to change my vote. I was "studying."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:12 pm So I think we ought to see who attempted to redirect from cbob, even if they ended up voting for him. And maybe especially if they ended up voting for him.
Nobody did that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 pm ColinIsCool and colonialbob

and you didn't have any reason to scum-read any of the players that have actually been in the game for 2 days? :ponder:
you've contributed an agreeable amount which shows you are up to speed on the game and thread, and yet your first "changeable" vote was not on someone who you had reason to scum-read. i don't like that.
That's fair, I didn't actually explain why I don't like Colin. I don't really get his progression on you - he doesn't like your go at J, but seems more positive on your go at Mac, and then says he really doesn't like "that post" but the only specific post of yours he referenced was the one on Mac he agreed with.

And re: me being bad, I was maf in World Asunder (where I didn't catch suspicion until the game exploded, but there were two mafias) and a speed game wherein I was lynched D1 and my partner (speedchuck, natch) was quickly lynched D2. I don't think I've been maf in any other game here, although I was also a hostile indy in the Socky game.

bob had to go to some effort to construct his suspicion of Colin. Looks like he's trying to take advantage of the guy that took the longest to make a post.

He later reversed his take on this dynamic at least pertaining dunya for her treatment of Colin. There's a lot of posts in these sequences, but they're repetitive. I don't care to highlight them, but see for yourselves.

He probably felt dunya was more lynchable later in the phase.

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:34 pm I can see cbob being bad too solely for using a smiley face emote.

Emoji tell is real! Got 'em.

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:23 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:12 pm $50 mac and cbob are w/w. any takers?
I'll vote for cbob and make this wager interesting

[VOTE: CBOB] aubergine

Colin does not seem the least bit bothered with the godfather/forger being destroyed. Good.

~~~

Conclusion

What was the vote tally like when Colin voted?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy and colonialbob

Initial question at DDL
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:25 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:48 pm DDL is mafia
Tell me more.
Partly wanted in on the "blah is mafia" meme, partly sus of the way he latched onto your mechanics post. It was getting suspicion from other(s?), but for very different reasons than "JJJ is hiding behind mechanics talk" which is the typical accusation around that sort of thing. DDL expressed suspicion of a thing that other people found suspicious but for reasons that don't ring true. That makes my hunting instincts want to eat his face off.
Further expansion

DDL was bob's first real target for suspicion, based on DDL's response to my post about mechanics. In isolation it's a good look. I want to see the progression though.

colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:15 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:59 pmI think this point was covered fairly well by DDL and JJJ so I don't need to rehash it
What are you referring to?
Covered above, but I'll restate my question:

"Don't buy Colin decided my post was most sus of all the posts" into "once he has read all the posts he'll find me less sus" is a progression I'm having trouble with
You said DDL and I handled that well enough for you. What conclusions did you draw?
Dunya's defense did not really make sense to me. She never really seemed to answer the actual criticism.

Made me feel a lot better about DDL. He made a nuanced case about one of the big posters and did not back down. Civ read.

[VOTE: dunya] aubergine although I have to figure out how I feel about her and Mac

(Sorry dunya I guess your cleavage wasn't comfortable enough :shrug2: )

bob's read flipped over here; he cited DDL's suspicion of dunya (I think) as evidence of his innocence. I personally thought DDL looked great there too, so perhaps this was a TMI concession by bob -- that would be decent for DDL.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm Quin is town. This is genuquin all the way.

I like Mac but I'm trying not to be biased since he's defending me. But I'll go with town.

Epi is alright.

Jay is probably town because he is posting like a maniac and if he's bad I'm never letting him use that high poster theory of his again.

I find myself agreeing with Epi's post about DF. His post blaming people for going after Jay but citing no names is opportunistic af. He's bad.

Reywas remains not giving me a reason not to vote him.

I find myself agreeing with Mac's dunya case but this could be one instance where low free time/being rusty could change her playstyle. Will stay observing for now.

Bob's point on Epi's gifs makes sense. Don't have a read on him but just wanna disagree with people who say it doesn't make sense.

This one's a bit of a fart.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:47 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:19 am I think the likelihood DDL and cbob are w/w are low, based on DDL's "random bad scum read" post, in which he called colonialbob bad. it would be ballsy if they were w/w, not impossible, I just find it less likely to be the case.
Wait, I did?

dunya had a momentary lapse of memory erroneously dissociating bob from DDL, and DDL voiced his confusion. At least he didn't let this roast without saying something. Small point.

~~~

Conclusion

There are some nice moments. This stuff doesn't make me feel a whole lot though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 pm What was the vote tally like when Colin voted?
I dunno. I don't think he was first. I'll go look.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I get anything out of this, I suspect you less.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 177

Post by novaselinenever »

Mac was at 4 and Cbob at 1. Everyone else that got voted at 1 I think
novaselinenever
Hitman

Colin was on Mac prior though, so he made it with the swing 3-2
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It'll take too long to bother building a perfect tally, but generally we can reference from this:
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:02 pm Le sigh.

Good luck civs. You're gonna need it.
That was tonight at 6:02pm EST. Mac had a sound and singular poll lead. He'd already voted for bob but didn't call it in the thread so I can't find it. Colin and Quin voted bob within 40 minutes of this point:

Colin at 6:23pm
Quin at 6:42pm

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 326

Post by MacDougall »

Quin is just solidly my boy here. Don't fek.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya and colonialbob

colonialbob wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:55 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 am i can see why it feels fabricated, but is it an accurate representation of sabie outside roleplay? i checked the ongoing game and can see a lot of variety in her posts, more beefy content as the game progressed. we won't talk about that now since we don't know her alignment and the game is ongoing.

then i checked a world asunder and honestly, i did see more beefy content as a whole from her there. the observation isn't completely unwarranted for someone who's played with her in a few games recently. but it was day 0. she was role playing a character she loves in a show she expressed genuine excitement about even in the sign up thread. and she did have a funeral and personal reasons yesterday. the question is would she use roleplay to mask discomfort at being given a scum role or not?

as much as i'd like to give ddl shit for that, i don't think it was a bad observation. i just dislike how he made it, and tried to get it to stick, then pulled out of it.
Like this dunya content a lot.

bob didn't mention her for a while and then tossed in some support.

bob looks like he is earnestly trying to explain himself to someone who doesn't already know the underlying motives of his behavior. Decent.

colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:15 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:59 pmI think this point was covered fairly well by DDL and JJJ so I don't need to rehash it
What are you referring to?
Covered above, but I'll restate my question:

"Don't buy Colin decided my post was most sus of all the posts" into "once he has read all the posts he'll find me less sus" is a progression I'm having trouble with
You said DDL and I handled that well enough for you. What conclusions did you draw?
Dunya's defense did not really make sense to me. She never really seemed to answer the actual criticism.

Made me feel a lot better about DDL. He made a nuanced case about one of the big posters and did not back down. Civ read.

[VOTE: dunya] aubergine although I have to figure out how I feel about her and Mac

(Sorry dunya I guess your cleavage wasn't comfortable enough :shrug2: )

After a brief exchange with her, bob threw his final vote on dunya before departing the remainder of the phase. I don't think this is incompatible with distancing, though it doesn't imply distancing. It was only moderately relevant in the final poll (he voted after DDL so she finished at 2).

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:21 am also, quin is town.

jojo and colonialbob tbd.

"tbd" is nothing and makes me feel nothing.

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:34 pm cbob, what do you think of sabie?

Prod. k

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:28 am [VOTE: ddl] aubergine

Right now I'd feel good about a DDL or colonialbob lynch.

I don't think DDL and Mac are w/w. I am satisfied with Mac for now. I am not satisfied with DDL.

There's something very unnatural in the flow of colonialbob's posts. It doesn't really spark joy.

I'm back to work. See you guys soon.

She stuck bob in a two-option set alongside DDL and said bob failed the Marie Kondo test. The vote was for the other guy, so any credit is dimmed. She then dissociated the two before realizing she'd made an error and discarded the notion.

One of four reds in the rainbow

dunya wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:24 am hope DF can come and talk to us some more. looks like the gang is ganging up on you and it's lame you're not here to defend yourself.

i didn't like coliniscool's contrib. i don't actually believe colin thinks i'm the most suspicious person after reading the thread. i'll give him a pass for now since he's sick, but that shit don't slide by for The Syndicate's Best New Member.

uninspired after reading sabie's three posts up there, was hoping for more. why do you find DDL "suspicious" for example?

unimpressed with reywaS' contribs. i thought he was a more involved player.. could this be his low-activity scum performance?

still feel shit about DDL. still feel best about Epignosis. feeling better about cbob (i have never seen a scum cbob though. has this happened..?)

still feel something is off with JJJ.

gut tells me there's scum between DDL, Mac, sabie/reywaS and JJJ.

that's my 4-player pool for today.

i'll get to quin in a bit.

Her perception of bob improved here; it is unclear why. Please talk about that, dunya.

Page 3 of dunya's ISO contains a bunch of bob stuff.
Some of it is implicitly defensive by way of her aggressions against Mac. Some of it is suspicious. I don't want to talk about all of it here; time is limited. She looks to me like someone exploring a difficult read. I struggled with it myself.

~~~

Conclusion

I'm not quite prepared to hand her the regional civilian trophy. At face value though I think she looks fine. The vote was timed nicely given that it was nearly simultaneous to my own.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sorry for all the notifications, bob. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh my God the dean is G-Man. :faint:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:10 am Oh my God the dean is G-Man. :faint:
Dean-Man
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

mac and cbob

Totally dunked on
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:10 am Oh my God the dean is G-Man. :faint:
It's a close match. :eek:

Perhaps it's even closer if G-Man is you Jeffrey, when you adopt my look.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Forgive my lateness, I should have just included this in the lynch post:

My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis and colonialbob

colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:32 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:14 amBig if true
How do you feel about anything in the thread up to me calling you a mafioso?
I feel like I don't have enough time to sort all of the Mac/jjj/epi stuff out right now except I doubt epi/Mac w/w.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:35 pmIt was the Epi agree gifs that made me think not w/w
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:41 pm Robert of the colonies, what do the gifs tell you about Epi and Mac?
They just seem too on the nose for a teammate interaction in thread
I’m not sure what is meant by “on the nose” in this context.
A teammate backing up a teammate so strongly is unusual. Posting two giant "I agree" gifs seems... over the top I guess?

Okay then. This was all just complete fakery -- bob said Epi and DDL are unlikely to be teammates because of .gifs. It's not quite a "defense" of Epi or DDL, because it's only relevant to their association. In this world, if either is a civilian the other is still fair game. Perhaps that would then be a reason to view it in a better light on their behalf. The conditional nature of the comment has me inclined to discard it.

colonialbob wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm My impression of Epi is that he often makes these kind of posts early with reads he may or may not disagree with as a way of making things happen. As such I tend to discount these posts until either later in the game or he follows up with a real case.

So this seems compatible with civ Epi in my view.

bob gave DDL shit for casting suspicion on me for my mechanics post. He didn't give Epi the same shit and explained away a civilian view instead. My immediate reaction to this was "TMI", but I am hesitant to trust that instinct. Perhaps it's meaningful in this context that Epi was under pretty much zero lynch threat apart from my bellowing -- that'd substantiate the TMI element, as protecting his teammate wasn't really necessary [yet].

Epignosis didn't mention bob at any point. At face value that's not great. I'm not sure total ignorance is usually his style. :shrug2:

~~~

Conclusion

I'd call them compatible teammates. Nothing here makes me feel like it's an especially likely prospect, just something for the POE pool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bunch of other dropouts I didn't mention either, padre.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and colonialbob

Meh. He begged us all day to lynch an extremely powerful mafia role likely before it could even be used.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever and colonialbob

Nada again. nova was here for EODean, so that's goofy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:30 am MacDougall and colonialbob

Meh. He begged us all day to lynch an extremely powerful mafia role likely before it could even be used.
And when there was no suspicion heading that way. :llama:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin and colonialbob

Nothing from bob.

Quin wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:42 pm i was like 'hey i'm gonna educate myself on this whole mac thing' so i iso'd him and now i want to vote for bob

[VOTE: colonialbob] aubergine

I believe this vote drew bob into a tie with Mac, so that's neat.

Quin wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:38 pm I agree with a couple of things Mac has said about bob, namely busywork. So that's what I'm voting him for.

I've got a splitting headache and don't really want to be in front of a screen right now, so unless anyone's got questions I'm just gonna wait out EoD.

F-f-f-follow the leadah. I have no complaints.

~~~

Conclusion

I'd be more enthusiastic if I had more to talk about than one vote. It was quite a nice vote though. I'll give mild credit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

reywaS and colonialbob

colonialbob wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:02 am
reywaS wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:43 am JJJ looks like he's forcing the whole super civvie thing in this game. It doesn't look natural like it did in shockheaded peter mafia. in that game his posts sounded like he was running for president of the town. In this game he sounds like he's trying too hard to recreate that.

Im not buying it.
What about it feels fake?
colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:35 pm
reywaS wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:33 pm i got 5 pages to catch up on
Pls explain why you feel JJJ is faking it
colonialbob wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 pm
reywaS wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:43 am JJJ looks like he's forcing the whole super civvie thing in this game. It doesn't look natural like it did in shockheaded peter mafia. in that game his posts sounded like he was running for president of the town. In this game he sounds like he's trying too hard to recreate that.

Im not buying it.
Or was faking it as of this post anyway

bob picked at one thing a few times with no follow-up.

reywaS wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 pm i dont like the votes on mac. I think he's civvie. and his avatar always makes me giggle.

All the noisy chatter in the thread feels like a bunch of witch burning town folk not having a good direction to look.

Mafia be chillin right now IMO.

I might vote for Bob for the sake of chaos.

What? I don't know what this means. Why would that be "chaos"? Anyway, rey didn't vote for bob or anyone else. I'm not a fan.

~~~

Conclusion

I have no reason to give him any credit. Quite a compatible candidate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sabie12 and colonialbob

colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:48 pm
sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:55 pm sabie12, any impressions of dunya, Epi, or myself (or anyone else that may have shimmied in a post)?
Maaaaaan I don't know my brain hurts I didn't know there was a quiz on the first day. Wait it's the zero day...or is it zeroth day?
This is a mild ping but also might just be a result of her role-playing rather than her normal posting style. Usually I would expect a lot of waffly stuff (not in a bad way) but this is short and doesn't mention anything about any of those players.

I would encourage sabie12 to do a little more talking about specific people (while keeping up the good RP :) )

bob looks like he is trying to find a posture to keep sabie available as a landing spot for his vote without looking blatantly opportunistic. That's decent for sabie.

That's it from either of them.

~~~

Conclusion

Once again I have too little to talk about to draw any confident association or lack thereof. There's one thing and it's okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Community Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:30 pm ColinIsCool - Is currently on Earth 53
colonialbob - is Mafia
DFaraday - is suspicious
Dragon D. Luffy - is town
dunya - is rusty
Epignosis - is town
JaggedJimmyJay - is t...own
novaselinenever - is with Colin on Earth 53
Quin - is currently wrestling crocs in the outback
reywas - is Mafia
sabie12 - is suspicious

If I was voting to lynch someone right now it'd be ColonialBob.
Watch this list progress into one of the most amazing posts ever made.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall

ColinIsCool
dunya

Quin

DFaraday
Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis
sabie12

novaselinenever
reywaS

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Community Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Epignosis »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:02 pm Sloonei, you may want to consider a slightly milder blue for your host color; it's a bit difficult to read on the gray skin. You're the boss though, boss.
How's this
Dumbass called himself out with this. :rolleyes:

Yes, I know that's not technically true, but it's still funny.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:32 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:14 amBig if true
How do you feel about anything in the thread up to me calling you a mafioso?
I feel like I don't have enough time to sort all of the Mac/jjj/epi stuff out right now except I doubt epi/Mac w/w.
I'm a civilian. Mac is a civilian. Good job, good effort.

There was no reason given for this. All this does is give him license to go after me or Mac if either one of us dies.

It's so stupid that you need a license to do things in this country.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:27 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:06 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:24 am Numbers consciousness starting platform:

With 12 players to start and the setup closed, there are numerous potential alignment ratios:

A - 9 vs. 3
B - 9 vs. 2 vs./plus 1
C - 8 vs. 2 vs./plus 1 vs./plus 1
D - 8 vs. 3 vs./plus 1

There are other possibilities, but I think these are the four likely by a wide margin. Based on my own intuitions about balance (some of which I think Sloonei would share given his similar background), I'd rank them as follows by probability: B > A > C > D. This is a theme which lends itself nicely to independents, but that may not matter with the characters and alignments randomized (i.e. Chang isn't automatically a serial killer or something).

Either 9 vs. 3 or 8 vs. 2 allows two mislynches before a MyLo (assuming nightly kills of one civilian and not accounting for unknown indy variables). 9 vs. 2 allows 3 mislynches. For now I recommend a worst-case projection of 2 available mislyches. As such, POE work has to be quite expedient in this game to have a chance of working effectively. A pool of 4 or 5 is already necessary on Day 0, and that means the civilians need to make themselves visible. "Cards close to chest" and "exclusively roleplay in every post without regard for the hunt" are thus strategies which can lose the game on their own if employed irresponsibly -- that'll place people into POE pools by default.

Role abilities will likely matter at some point, but I refuse to wait for that. Everyone is vanilla. Find the bad guys, or find so many good guys that you don't need to.
You know what this reminds me of? That big role list I made in a World Asunder.

I was bad.
Are you saying J is hiding behind mechanics talk?
+1 DDL civilianoso
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:48 pm
sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:55 pm sabie12, any impressions of dunya, Epi, or myself (or anyone else that may have shimmied in a post)?
Maaaaaan I don't know my brain hurts I didn't know there was a quiz on the first day. Wait it's the zero day...or is it zeroth day?
This is a mild ping but also might just be a result of her role-playing rather than her normal posting style. Usually I would expect a lot of waffly stuff (not in a bad way) but this is short and doesn't mention anything about any of those players.

I would encourage sabie12 to do a little more talking about specific people (while keeping up the good RP :) )
The mention tags are still a disgrace and still mess things up for me.

sabie is bad. The-end. Move along.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:25 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:48 pm DDL is mafia
Tell me more.
Partly wanted in on the "blah is mafia" meme, partly sus of the way he latched onto your mechanics post. It was getting suspicion from other(s?), but for very different reasons than "JJJ is hiding behind mechanics talk" which is the typical accusation around that sort of thing. DDL expressed suspicion of a thing that other people found suspicious but for reasons that don't ring true. That makes my hunting instincts want to eat his face off.
Nah. sabie is.

I'll stop there. I've done enough I'm sure.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will reduce that to a 4-player mafia-oriented POE based on how I feel about players apart from their interactions with bob:

DDL
sabie12
nova
rey

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:53 am I will reduce that to a 4-player mafia-oriented POE based on how I feel about players apart from their interactions with bob:

DDL
sabie12
nova
rey
How about reducing it a 3-player one and taking my name off?

novaselinenever
Hitman

I like the effort though
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:07 amHow about reducing it a 3-player one and taking my name off?
If you can give me a good reason, I'd be thrilled to do so. As of this moment, however:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:09 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:07 amHow about reducing it a 3-player one and taking my name off?
If you can give me a good reason, I'd be thrilled to do so. As of this moment, however:

I'm Town

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:11 amI'm Town
Hunt your precious little heart out and maybe I'll find you less deanceitful.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

I kind of still like DDL. I just read his iso, and he voiced his concern with the Mac's lynch and suspicions several times. It was consistent and he reads genuine.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 pm I'm getting a civ vibe from Mac. Though I've been wrong about that civ vibe before.
This post gave me pause though
novaselinenever
Hitman

I've sent it to the lab :dark:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:15 am I kind of still like DDL. I just read his iso, and he voiced his concern with the Mac's lynch and suspicions several times. It was consistent and he reads genuine.
This does remind me of DDL's noisy exchange with dunya in which I thought he looked quite authentic.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm confident sabie is bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:31 am I'm confident sabie is bad.
My arguments against this assertion are listed below:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah look I could go sabie next
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I just don't have the time and availability to play like I thought I would. Too much going on. I'm sorry for not really being here
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~

Return to “Previous Side Missions”