Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Gossip Girl Mafia [Day 2]

Post by nutella »

Oh no not juliets :(
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm gone much of the night. They killed an active contributor. Fill the void. Do things.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That sucks
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wow, gang.

Bad.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

I wish more people were around right now.

I have like now to talk - then to sleep - then to work and then maybe to end of day.

I guess I want to look at nutella and Lunalee or maybe the Mongoose vote. Multiple people were quick to defend Luna. She did eventually move her vote, but was everyone else reading her off meta or what?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:47 am I guess I want to look at nutella and Lunalee or maybe the Mongoose vote. Multiple people were quick to defend Luna. She did eventually move her vote, but was everyone else reading her off meta or what?
When Luna moved her vote to me, it placed her in greater danger of being lynched (she was high in the tally alongside Mongoose). I thought that was a good look. Do you disagree?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

So I guess I'm wondering why did Mac, Jay, indigo, and daisy vote for Mongoose over the others?

Is it cause that's where the vote was for a portion of the day or just something else?

Also, why did people think I was scum with Mongoose? (I think Mac said it? idk) Yeah, I voted luna over Mongoose, but I liked a lot of what Mongoose said.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:49 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:47 am I guess I want to look at nutella and Lunalee or maybe the Mongoose vote. Multiple people were quick to defend Luna. She did eventually move her vote, but was everyone else reading her off meta or what?
When Luna moved her vote to me, it placed her in greater danger of being lynched (she was high in the tally alongside Mongoose). I thought that was a good look. Do you disagree?
It seemed like votes quickly went to or stayed on Mongoose near the end of the phase, but I'm not positive that this was all at once. I also didn't see when Luna switched her vote, but she also didn't mislynch Mongoose.

But generally, when multiple people defend you, you aren't at as much risk of getting lynched.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:52 am So I guess I'm wondering why did Mac, Jay, indigo, and daisy vote for Mongoose over the others?
My vote was rather uninformed, I grant. I was barely in the thread while meeting with my advisor trying to sneak in glimpses. When Mongoose tried to promote that "slip" thing with Mac around EOD, I thought it looked like b/s and threw in my vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:58 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:49 am
It seemed like votes quickly went to or stayed on Mongoose near the end of the phase, but I'm not positive that this was all at once. I also didn't see when Luna switched her vote, but she also didn't mislynch Mongoose.

But generally, when multiple people defend you, you aren't at as much risk of getting lynched.
Does anyone involved in those incidents look particularly bad or good to you now?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:59 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:52 am So I guess I'm wondering why did Mac, Jay, indigo, and daisy vote for Mongoose over the others?
My vote was rather uninformed, I grant. I was barely in the thread while meeting with my advisor trying to sneak in glimpses. When Mongoose tried to promote that "slip" thing with Mac around EOD, I thought it looked like b/s and threw in my vote.
I guess the other thing is that Luna didn't change her vote until after I had voted for her. My reasoning for that was it seemed as she wasn't totally sure that her vote on Mongoose was such a good idea, but she was still voting there anyways.

So, on one hand, yes, she did switch her vote; on the other hand, it was semi-prompted.

But on the plus side, she is listening and reevaluating, which scum don't always do.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:06 amI guess the other thing is that Luna didn't change her vote until after I had voted for her. My reasoning for that was it seemed as she wasn't totally sure that her vote on Mongoose was such a good idea, but she was still voting there anyways.
What exactly is a civilian supposed to do in that situation, where he or she feels a desire to move a vote but isn't yet certain where to put it?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:01 am
Does anyone involved in those incidents look particularly bad or good to you now?
Are you talking about the Mongoose vote or nutella quickly coming to Luna's aid?

With the Mongoose vote, I'm generally more suspicious of the later votes. Unless the earlier voters are strong players, who tend to push people a lot as scum, but with this crowd, I'm flying without meta.

Also, are the votes actually in order has this site's polling mixed it up?

I have the votes at Mac then Jay then indigo then daisy was that the correct order or did it get mixed up?

--

Nutella coming to Luna's aid; she seemed really certain about Luna's alignment. Does Nutella generally read Luna well? Or would she defend a partner like that...hmm that might be a stretch or would be unwise. It could be a pocket for credit maybe.

Then the world could be Nutella and Matahari? As Matahari indirectly stayed away from the main wagons and voted for me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Gossip Girl Mafia [Day 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:58 pm I spent all afternoon writing. So... I could vote for Jay or Mac and tie it up with Mongoose or I can seal it on Mongoose. I don’t think Jay is bad, I’m not decided yet on Mac. I think I’ll toss. Y vote on Mongoose, I feel like she is more likely bad than the other two options close to her.
This post makes me say "yikes" every time I pass over it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:06 amI guess the other thing is that Luna didn't change her vote until after I had voted for her. My reasoning for that was it seemed as she wasn't totally sure that her vote on Mongoose was such a good idea, but she was still voting there anyways.
What exactly is a civilian supposed to do in that situation, where he or she feels a desire to move a vote but isn't yet certain where to put it?
Generally, you keep reading and reevaluating, or you would vote in your poe. But if you are questioning if the vote is a right one, I guess I feel like you would just unvote for the time being. But this is also a time-sensitive question, as it was getting closer and closer to the end of the phase.

She could have potentially pressure voted someone there, but it is also understandable not to do so when you aren't sure how much you'll be around.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by indiglo »

Had a lovely evening with friends, and am drfunk.

Mafiaing will have to wait till tomorrow. :beer:

I am srry to seejuliets go though. She was 1 of themain peep that encouraged me to play this game. :(
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amAre you talking about the Mongoose vote or nutella quickly coming to Luna's aid?
Both of those, and any other incidents that may inform you about other players. I am unclear on what you think of most players.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amWith the Mongoose vote, I'm generally more suspicious of the later votes. Unless the earlier voters are strong players, who tend to push people a lot as scum, but with this crowd, I'm flying without meta.

I have the votes at Mac then Jay then indigo then daisy was that the correct order or did it get mixed up?
The poll order isn't the same as the chronological order. I believe the Mongoose votes went in this order: indiglo ==> Mac ==> JJJ ==> Spacedaisy

What does this mean to you?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amNutella coming to Luna's aid; she seemed really certain about Luna's alignment. Does Nutella generally read Luna well? Or would she defend a partner like that...hmm that might be a stretch or would be unwise. It could be a pocket for credit maybe.
I have no idea how well nutella usually reads Luna. I'm not sure anyone could answer that other than nutella herself, if even her. Do you think it's a pocket job or no?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amThen the world could be Nutella and Matahari? As Matahari indirectly stayed away from the main wagons and voted for me.
Are you saying those two are connected, or separately people that you suspect?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Gossip Girl Mafia [Day 1]

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:21 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:58 pm I spent all afternoon writing. So... I could vote for Jay or Mac and tie it up with Mongoose or I can seal it on Mongoose. I don’t think Jay is bad, I’m not decided yet on Mac. I think I’ll toss. Y vote on Mongoose, I feel like she is more likely bad than the other two options close to her.
This post makes me say "yikes" every time I pass over it.
It does seem a like she's trying to say more than she is actually doing, and she was the last one on Mongoose (or if the vote count order is correct). I think I'll apply some pressure and see where this goes. [VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine

It's unfortunate that I won't have much time tomorrow.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 am
Generally, you keep reading and reevaluating, or you would vote in your poe. But if you are questioning if the vote is a right one, I guess I feel like you would just unvote for the time being. But this is also a time-sensitive question, as it was getting closer and closer to the end of the phase.

She could have potentially pressure voted someone there, but it is also understandable not to do so when you aren't sure how much you'll be around.
There is no "unvote" in the poll. The picture you're painting here is hard to buy. Luna wasn't convinced of her vote on Mongoose, so she had to move it or cancel it -- as if the votes placed on Day 1 need to reflect a strong degree of confidence or certainty. None of the civilians could have possibly been very certain of their votes at that point. The standard you are setting there is unreasonable to the point that it looks fake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:27 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amAre you talking about the Mongoose vote or nutella quickly coming to Luna's aid?
Both of those, and any other incidents that may inform you about other players. I am unclear on what you think of most players.
Players
1. Spacedaisy - scummy
3. JaggedJimmyJay - slight town (though would like to read a scum game of yours to compare this game to) PS: Owner doesn't want to be be pocketed
4. Elohcin - slight town
5. indigo - null
6. reywaS - null
7. nutella - mainly just a bit irked at how quick she was to defend Luna as if she was absolutely certain of her alignment
8. Lunalee - could be town because of nutella/mac or could be teamed
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart - me
10. Matahari - null or could be with nutella/Luna
12. MacDougall could be with nutella/Luna
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:39 am7. nutella - mainly just a bit irked at how quick she was to defend Luna as if she was absolutely certain of her alignment
You've linked these four together across various dynamics. Please describe why they'd make sensible teammates in the combinations you have suggested.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:30 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 am

There is no "unvote" in the poll. The picture you're painting here is hard to buy. Luna wasn't convinced of her vote on Mongoose, so she had to move it or cancel it -- as if the votes placed on Day 1 need to reflect a strong degree of confidence or certainty. None of the civilians could have possibly been very certain of their votes at that point. The standard you are setting there is unreasonable to the point that it looks fake.
I'm not saying there's an unvote in the poll. I'm describing what I would expect to be done, as for whether or not that will actually happen is very uncertain as I'm more of an outsider here.

Well, that's the other thing, nutella was positive on Luna's alignment, but it's day 1.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 am Well, that's the other thing, nutella was positive on Luna's alignment, but it's day 1.
Have a red hot go at that, [mention]nutella[/mention].

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:39 am7. nutella - mainly just a bit irked at how quick she was to defend Luna as if she was absolutely certain of her alignment
You've linked these four together across various dynamics. Please describe why they'd make sensible teammates in the combinations you have suggested.
First, there's a problem here, because 4 is too big here number wise. But you don't always get the numbers right especially on your first go, but with help, I would assume that they can't all be connected.

So that supports it not being those 4. Matahari and Mac were the other noticeable ones in my mind who engaged with me when I placed my vote.

The thread was kind of stale, and then my vote caused more of a chain reaction of posts and defenses.

You wouldn't necessarily want to do a similar action to what your partners were doing, unless one was under a lot of pressure.

Matahari deciding to avoid the main wagon stood out to me. Maybe cause the vote was on me, but also, it felt as if he wasn't trying to pick a side or get noticed.

I feel like if I don't pay attention to Matahari I'll lose track of them. Their presence didn't seem very strong until that moment. It also felt as if they were kind they might just be sheeping others, but maybe I'm just tired and thinking of counting some sheepies.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amWith the Mongoose vote, I'm generally more suspicious of the later votes. Unless the earlier voters are strong players, who tend to push people a lot as scum, but with this crowd, I'm flying without meta.

The poll order isn't the same as the chronological order. I believe the Mongoose votes went in this order: indiglo ==> Mac ==> JJJ ==> Spacedaisy

My vote still stays on Spacedaisy. You have owned up to your vote being less informed; I think I might want to sit on that thought for awhile. Or maybe I should take a look back at it and see if it was more of an opportune moment or what not.

At one point, I thought you were voting for me, but then the next moment it looked like your vote was on Mongoose, so count me confused.

Depending on how early indigo and Mac placed their votes on Mongoose, we can maybe read into that as actual suspicion of Mongoose's behavior rather than an opportunistic push, but there was also talk about wagons being townie ones, so there are also opportunities for scum to off vote, which would potentially support my suspicion on Matahari. But it's also getting late...as in if I stay up I won't be getting 7 hours of sleeps.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I was never positive on Luna's alignment. I was very convinced that she was not a good option for a day 1 lynch, but never positive. I tried to sway the lynch off of her because it was stupid and there were better options on the table -- unfortunately Mongoose wasn't the right choice either, but that whole EOD was, as our host put it, a fustercluck.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Go ahead and sleep Owner. You've given everyone plenty of content to assess.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:03 am I was never positive on Luna's alignment. I was very convinced that she was not a good option for a day 1 lynch, but never positive. I tried to sway the lynch off of her because it was stupid and there were better options on the table -- unfortunately Mongoose wasn't the right choice either, but that whole EOD was, as our host put it, a fustercluck.
Fight me or agree with me or something:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:54 pm I feel oddly comfortable with the state of this game. It's a bummer to lose Mongoose, but I think people kinda shined in the process. I would be prudent to add reywaS to my POE to make it 5-deep; I can't provide a terribly meaningful case for him as a civilian. I feel pretty peachy about everyone outside this set though:

reywaS
indiglo
Owner
Spacedaisy
Elohcin

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I am feeling better about Owner now. I am most likely looking at a daisy or mata vote. Got a crazy high priority project at work tomorrow so I won't be talking much.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amNutella coming to Luna's aid; she seemed really certain about Luna's alignment. Does Nutella generally read Luna well? Or would she defend a partner like that...hmm that might be a stretch or would be unwise. It could be a pocket for credit maybe.
I have no idea how well nutella usually reads Luna. I'm not sure anyone could answer that other than nutella herself, if even her. Do you think it's a pocket job or no?
It's hard to say. With work ending as late as it did, I just launched into the thread without rereading. I would definitely need to reread their interactions to have a stronger opinion on this.

I guess it really depends if nutella was really buddy buddy with her from the start. If that was the case, then it would make sense for her to defend really hard as that will continue to build said pocket, but if there wasn't that much buddy buddy interaction, then it would be harder to tell if something like that is going on. Or maybe this 2nd thought would make the this idea non-existent? hmm

I wish I had more time to try to solve this. *sighs* :ponder:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 amor mata
Jay wants to hear about it. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:05 am
nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:03 am I was never positive on Luna's alignment. I was very convinced that she was not a good option for a day 1 lynch, but never positive. I tried to sway the lynch off of her because it was stupid and there were better options on the table -- unfortunately Mongoose wasn't the right choice either, but that whole EOD was, as our host put it, a fustercluck.
Fight me or agree with me or something:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:54 pm I feel oddly comfortable with the state of this game. It's a bummer to lose Mongoose, but I think people kinda shined in the process. I would be prudent to add reywaS to my POE to make it 5-deep; I can't provide a terribly meaningful case for him as a civilian. I feel pretty peachy about everyone outside this set though:

reywaS
indiglo
Owner
Spacedaisy
Elohcin
Replace owner with mata and we're golden.

I mean, not THAT Golden, but we can come close :noble:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:07 am Replace owner with mata and we're golden.

Why am I no longer evil incarnate?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amThen the world could be Nutella and Matahari? As Matahari indirectly stayed away from the main wagons and voted for me.
Are you saying those two are connected, or separately people that you suspect?
I'm suspicious of them for different things. It's kind of related. But I'm not sure if I should be trying to piece this all together when I haven't given the proper time to reread it all. Giving the thread a fresh eye would certainly help.

Good night folks.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 am
She has a tone that comes across as stilted/overly analytical and removed or something, idk, look back at my exchange with her during like-the-way-you-think-gate. I haven't played with her in a while and maybe it's just her personality/style but most of her posts rubbed me the wrong way and don't read like genuine organic thoughts.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:09 am
nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:07 am Replace owner with mata and we're golden.

Why am I no longer evil incarnate?
You're in tinfoil territory, which is where I like to put you when you've been behaving :p The "fake" vibes have subsided a bit and the actual effort has come out more.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:12 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 am
She has a tone that comes across as stilted/overly analytical and removed or something, idk, look back at my exchange with her during like-the-way-you-think-gate. I haven't played with her in a while and maybe it's just her personality/style but most of her posts rubbed me the wrong way and don't read like genuine organic thoughts.
Understood. To some extent I agree with your general perception of her diction. I quite liked her bit about making connections though. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

indiglo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:25 am Had a lovely evening with friends, and am drfunk.

Mafiaing will have to wait till tomorrow. :beer:

I am srry to seejuliets go though. She was 1 of themain peep that encouraged me to play this game. :(
Sup Dr. Funk.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Spacedaisy »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:00 am

My vote still stays on Spacedaisy. You have owned up to your vote being less informed; I think I might want to sit on that thought for awhile. Or maybe I should take a look back at it and see if it was more of an opportune moment or what not.

At one point, I thought you were voting for me, but then the next moment it looked like your vote was on Mongoose, so count me confused.

Depending on how early indigo and Mac placed their votes on Mongoose, we can maybe read into that as actual suspicion of Mongoose's behavior rather than an opportunistic push, but there was also talk about wagons being townie ones, so there are also opportunities for scum to off vote, which would potentially support my suspicion on Matahari. But it's also getting late...as in if I stay up I won't be getting 7 hours of sleeps.
Wait, explain to me why Jay gets a pass for being uninformed when I said in my post I was busy all day and not caught all the way up.

I think there were like 3 pages I hadn’t read when I posted that. Literally cooking dinner and went to vote with like six minutes to go or something.

Here was my thinking, I can cast a vote off that has no meaning or I can cast a vote where it can count. Mongoose was already winning the lynch y’all. I didn’t want to tie it up because I didn’t feel like Jay was bad. When considering either Mac or Mongoose. I had felt like I thought Mac seemed loosey goosey and like normal Mac, but I wouldn’t say I feel confident ilenogh to discount him. Whereas there was conversation already about Mongoose and I thought she seemed stiffer than Mac did. Less natural.

This my vote for Mongoose, who was already about to get lynched. Why would I do this if I was bad? The only reason would be if both Mac and Jay were bad. They both had one less vote than Mongoose, iirc. So please consider this logical, unless you suspect I am on a team with Mac and Jay, this move would not make sense as a baddie.

Because I am not mafia y’all. I’m just a dumbass who didn’t manage my time better.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have had a shitty day and am worn out and I still have more of this day to contend with I don't fucks like this right now
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61

Re: Gossip Girl Mafia [Night 1]

Post by reywaS »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:35 pm
Despite being wrong about me I think Elo is town because she usually attacks me out of the blocks for being me when she's town and usually pretends I don't exist when she's Mafia.
I didn't know this about me.

reywaS
indiglo
Owner
Spacedaisy
Elohcin
Why do you always have to pick on me? :fist: I'm cool!, I promise. :omg:
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:31 pm What he said.
But YOU just said you thought I was Civ. Now you agree with Jay that I am likely bad? UHHHH????

------------------------------
okay, I don't understand Rey's slew of posts there from 6:00am-6:19am. He basically is confused about EoD, fine. Says he going to read back about it. And, then posts his conclusions all in 19 minutes. WTF man? No way you read it all. I couldn't even keep up with it WHILE it was happening. I am thinking you are bad.
I still think Mac is bad. To Rey, after the whole 6am-6:19am posts, Mac says something like, "WTF man?" If I were Rey's teammate, I may have said the same thing. Mac and Rey = baddie teammates
i posted conclusions? That doesn't sound right. I definitely didnt say that i read it all...because i didn't. :O I'm not bad. I prommus
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by reywaS »

Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm :p thank you for enlightening this fossil! I believe I might like this new way better.
hello, mata. I never said hello and i feel like a jerk for it. Long time no talk. :)

(obvious team mate distancing)

Anyway, here's a list for the sake of making a list with which you can create or uncover hidden meaning...or just ya know read and follow in a straight forward manner:

sounds legit. Would not lynch
Elohcin
Nutella

still processing....wouldn't lynch unless someone appealed to my sense of logic and talked me into it
indiglo
Lunalee

I has no idea about....would probably join in on a lynchwagon in certain scenarios:
Owner of a lonely heart

Would, at this exact moment in time, have no problem voting for:
Meta-hairy
Triple J
Sexy wut wut beast
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:44 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:00 am

Wait, explain to me why Jay gets a pass for being uninformed when I said in my post I was busy all day and not caught all the way up.

I think there were like 3 pages I hadn’t read when I posted that. Literally cooking dinner and went to vote with like six minutes to go or something.

Here was my thinking, I can cast a vote off that has no meaning or I can cast a vote where it can count. Mongoose was already winning the lynch y’all. I didn’t want to tie it up because I didn’t feel like Jay was bad. When considering either Mac or Mongoose. I had felt like I thought Mac seemed loosey goosey and like normal Mac, but I wouldn’t say I feel confident ilenogh to discount him. Whereas there was conversation already about Mongoose and I thought she seemed stiffer than Mac did. Less natural.

This my vote for Mongoose, who was already about to get lynched. Why would I do this if I was bad? The only reason would be if both Mac and Jay were bad. They both had one less vote than Mongoose, iirc. So please consider this logical, unless you suspect I am on a team with Mac and Jay, this move would not make sense as a baddie.

Because I am not mafia y’all. I’m just a dumbass who didn’t manage my time better.
Jay does not get a pass for being uniformed. Jay's strength is in his posting of reads without being prompted to do so.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Heading to work shortly, I'll try to give thoughts when I'm home.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hmmm I'm not satisfied with daisy's last post. her logic for why a baddie wouldn't vote as she did seems a little too thought through, if she was just a clueless townie throwing a vote somewhere she could just say that she was a clueless townie throwing a vote somewhere and not have this elaborate rationale cooked up.

[VOTE: daisy] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Sup y'all!? :beer:

Working on catching up, and since I have a small chunk of time, I'm doing some ISO's.

This is something that stood out to me when ISOing Mata:
Matahari wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:40 pm I made a list of impressions, well, I started one, when I realized that I was judging by standards from five or more years ago. Mafia tactics and individual playing styles change so I’m really out of the loop here.
These are the things I used to consider in the early days of a game:
Old standards- aggression, creating confusion, hiding
Older standards- creating questionable suspicion on someone, and having a teammate eventually second it, subtly defending an accused teammate and have another mate deflect by throwing attention elsewhere.
None of this is going to help me have a certainty about someone’s innocence or guilt. I may wind up looking at players I think are hiding, like, in plain sight. (Hiding doesn’t necessarily mean absent or being quiet)
Matahari wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:43 pm
I'd be pleased to see what you'd prepard even if you believe it to be outdated.
JJJ Mac - joking too much, throwing out accusations that can’t be taken seriously (why? Looking to make people talk?)
Rey - joking. He’s present, so must be town. (He used to not participate much if he was bad)
Nutella - caught off guard, became defensive. Also subtly defended/aligned with Luna at least twice. Looked for an out by jumping on something else quickly leading to a vote for me. ??
Mongoose Juliet’s indiglo ???
Luna Owner here but not here???

I really don’t know what I’m doing anymore, but I am wondering amost about Nutella and Luna. That’s all I have so far.

Something feels a little off to me here, almost like it's an effort to appear to be posting content, without really posting content. I don't know if she didn't expect to be asked about her list or what, but I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this. Her previous posts explaining her thought process read as genuined, but this stuff really feels like an attempt to post content while not really saying anything.

Thoughts? From Mata or anyone?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:04 pm I am not sure I see the big deal about Indi. I feel like what I've seen from her is consistent to the way we all used to play at TP. :shrug: I will do a read through later tonight and try to see if I can get some better reads on everyone.

*sings* Those were the daaaayyyyysssss! :cloud9:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

reywaS wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 am
Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm :p thank you for enlightening this fossil! I believe I might like this new way better.
hello, mata. I never said hello and i feel like a jerk for it. Long time no talk. :)

(obvious team mate distancing)

Anyway, here's a list for the sake of making a list with which you can create or uncover hidden meaning...or just ya know read and follow in a straight forward manner:

sounds legit. Would not lynch
Elohcin
Nutella

still processing....wouldn't lynch unless someone appealed to my sense of logic and talked me into it
indiglo
Lunalee

I has no idea about....would probably join in on a lynchwagon in certain scenarios:
Owner of a lonely heart

Would, at this exact moment in time, have no problem voting for:
Meta-hairy
Triple J
Sexy wut wut beast
What are your thoughts on Daisy? I'm finishing up her ISO right now, and saw she wasn't on your VIP list.

Also, could you briefly outline your thoughts on your top 3? Pretty please? With sugar on top? :grin:

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

reywaS wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 am sounds legit. Would not lynch
Elohcin
Nutella
why
reywaS wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 amstill processing....wouldn't lynch unless someone appealed to my sense of logic and talked me into it
indiglo
Lunalee
why
reywaS wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 amI has no idea about....would probably join in on a lynchwagon in certain scenarios:
Owner of a lonely heart
why
reywaS wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 amWould, at this exact moment in time, have no problem voting for:
Meta-hairy
Triple J
Sexy wut wut beast
why

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”