Total votes: 8
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 1]

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:22 pm [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
Eh? What was this for dunya? Was it you feeling sympathetic for Juliets?

Linki, I already answered mongoose about this, see above
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm Dumbass thinks I'm Mafia. News at 11.

Lynch spiritchuck or MP imo.
I mean mac identifies as dumb on a regular basis :hug: but I mean I still love the guy

I’ll gladly be lynched to prove both A I’m not mafia, B don’t care, and C correct. (Again)
Show him your love, and vote him up :cloud9:
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm Dumbass thinks I'm Mafia. News at 11.

Lynch spiritchuck or MP imo.
I chuckled.
novaselinenever
Hitman

We have one hour left folks
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 0]

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:19 pm A juliets case:
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:01 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 am
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am hottake: juliets is bad :p
I love hot takes. Tell me more
she has made a total of 3 posts in between a lot of us already talking about other players as we always do. 3 of those posts had nothing to do with the game content. one was a typical juliets checkin, the second was comforting mongoose's playstyle in the same way i did (and a direct mention to how dunya/sloonei were making reads), and the last is to tell us about her schedule. she was online yesterday and today and that is all she managed to offer. i feel like this is in direct contrast with her usual day 0 conduct where she digs in and asks people for elaborations or some such. and her post to mongoose makes it clear she was up to speed with the game progress...and i know juliets, she reads every post in the game she's in.

at least i don't feel jules/mongoose would be w/w based on her second post directed towards mongoose.

with all that said, i'd sooner lynch myself day 1 than lynch juliets. so let's find her teammate!
I'm not sure what there is to dig in on. The people who normally throw out names for no reason early on in the game are doing so. I've given up asking Mac for reasons when he does this early game. Also, it's Day 0 - in my mind the game hasn't even started yet. I was online yesterday but I was mostly in discord and I was only online this morning for a very brief time before I went to work. Anyway, now that I'm home I'll look back and see if there's anything making me suspicious or convincing me this early that someone is town. Also, I am civ.
My primary concern with juliets is that her play here is lacking its normal inquisitiveness. She's usually one of the players who makes things happen. That doesn't necessarily mean she's always among the most vocal, rather that she always brings a fresh perspective to things and is never afraid to speak her mind and ask people pointed, direct questions when she needs to. After she is hit with some Day 0 accusations she throws up her hands and says "I'm not sure what there is to dig on" before going into a long apology for that position. It reads as anti-juliets to me.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm So I've gathered that dunya is town. That's always a plus.
tell me why you have gathered i'm town
dunya, your town is shining so brightly it hurts. Mostly the way you suspected juliets for her posts. I wouldn't have necessarily noticed anything about her, but you did and said something about it.
So if I'm civ, do you still have a civ read on dunya?
I didn't understand this question at the time and I don't recall there being any follow up to it. I'll keep an eye out, but if there isn't anything beyond this then it serves as a good example of what I mean when I say she's not asking "pointed and direct" questions as per usual.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:01 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:58 pm
ok though I was certainly not in the thread the whole time. I didn't consider anything I saw to be of great importance. I don't make reads off of one post or even two. I want to see some behavior or even a total lack of behavior before I make serious reads.
Are there enough posts for you to make reads yet?
No. It's day 0. I want to see more behavior out of everyone.
I asked juliets this question because she's usually good at finding things to have opinions on, a great quality for a Day 1 civilian to have. She throws up her hands again and says nothing. But I'll give her the benefit of doubt and say she's allowed to wait for more stuff to happen.

Here is a response to the question I highlighted earlier, but I would not call it a proper follow-up, as she's being asked to clarify by dunya here. I'd also like to highlight another sentence that I read as anti-juliets:
at the times I posted yesterday I didn't see anything that made me curious. That's just the way it is.
I have a hard time believing juliets would struggle this much to develop reads in a game as busy as this one. I've seen her do more with less.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:20 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm So my question is what if you're bad and just pushing me as bad because I'm an easy mark.
what makes you an easy mark?
I don't come out of the gate with names to get people talking or voting. I have a different approach to playing - not right or wrong but different. I don't defend well when I haven't done anything yet. I ask a lot of questions and then think about them for awhile unless something really sticks out to me. Things like that.
I agree with this self-assessment, but I suspect her because I don't think it matches her play this game.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:38 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:36 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:17 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:32 pm Little surge of activity from Juliet, and a lot of inquiries in a very short amount of time. Exactly what Dunya said she would expect from civ juliets.

Omoshiroi :ponder:
Let’s talk about that. When she ws caught in A World Asunder, she responded by doing the exact things which it had been noted she’d not done up until that point.
didn't a world asunder have 2 mafia teams though?
How does that come into play?
if you're on a mafia team in a game with 2 mafia teams, i feel like you can authentically scum hunt itt much more easily.
Yes, and I'm not sure what Sloonei is talking about. I was asking questions in day 1 which is my norm.
While I don't want to drag up juliets' past scum performance for serious analysis here, I have found it odd that she's repeatedly denied doing anything different in her previous scum game from her normal play. I read it as an attempt to completely discredit a line of suspicion against her without justification. I read that as a bad thing.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm So let me tell you guys one more time. I was here early this morning. Nothing that I thought was substantive had happened yet. I got off work at 4:00 and got to the thread sometime between 4:30 and 5:00 and saw several things I wanted to comment on/question and so I did. Just because someone suspects me doesn't mean I am going to shut down my play style. You can try to make it into something it isn't which is what you guys are doing but it is not what you're trying to make it. I was the same in Asunder as I have been in every other game I play - asking questions. That's the last I'll say about yesterday/today unless I'm asked a specific question.
I didn't love this post (I still feel iffy about juliets claiming she had nothing to say), but it at least compelled me to give her space. This is why I never voted for her until a moment ago. Despite what she says here, it seemed that the suspicion was altering her play this game. I wanted to see how she'd do with less pressure on her. The results, as should be clear by now, did not inspire me to change my mind. I think her frustration here is genuine, but I don't think frustration needs to equate to being town.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:13 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:09 pm You guys just go ahead and vote for me. Just don't say I didn't warn you. I'm fine dying on night 1 again.
Day 1 started a little over 3 hours ago. We’re all just throwing crap at the walls. Join us.
I think Colin or speed or maybe both are bad. Colin was here but didn't make posts to further the game. I gave speed a bye for not posting much yesterday but he's had plenty of time today. For the time being I'll put my vote on Colin since he's actually been here more than speed.
I prompted her to jump into the Day 1 festivities after she'd apparently given up. First of all, juliets doesn't usually need this prompt. Second, she picked on two absentees to that point, and did not highlight any actual in-thread content. More anti-juliets stuff.

She repeatedly resisted all reads on Macdougall, but I don't really see her making an effort to develop a read of her own (to be fair, she previously mentioned that she has given up trying to question Mac early in games, which is fair. Certain players can be counted on to reveal themselves all on their own over the course of the game. Mac is one of them.)
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 am I'm not as comfortable voting Colin now so I'm moving my vote to speedchuck. He was online here yesterday but didn't post which makes me antsy.
Colin shows up and makes a small flurry of posts. Juliets, who had previously voted for Colin, takes his posts in stride and moves to speedchuck. I'm concerned. She had previously been suspicious enough of Colin to vote for him, and now that he's here he gets an uncritical pass as we move on to the next absent player in speedchuck. Why isn't juliets questioning him here? I feel like she normally would be.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 am Oh wow speed asked for a replacement. So I'm moving my vote to placeholder.
Early middle stages of Day 1 and juliets is voting the placeholder option. Eh.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:17 pm I'm ready to put dunya in my town basket based on what I've seen so far. I like how she compares to her U-Pick self. Mac is off the table for this lynch for me. dunya knows his game well and she is calling him town, and I'm town reading her. I believe he is posting a little less than usual because of his real life situation. I believe Mongoose when she says she forgot the game so even though she hasn't shown us a lot of behavior I find her post about that authentic. I don't think she would forget the game if she was bad so I'm town reading her. So, my town reads so far are:

dunya
Mac
Mongoose
Sloonei

That leaves:
Colin
speed
Luna*
MP
Nova
that I'm not ready to rule out yet.

* Luna always looks bad to me. I have to find better ways to differentiate bad Luna from good Luna, but since I can't rule her out at this point she stays in my POE.

Mechanics question: can someone help me on how to read the matrix? Am I looking at A, B, or C as the possibilities or 1, 2, or 3?
These are reads, which is good. The only scum read she qualifies at all is luna, and she qualifies it to say that "luna always looks bad" to her. That is less good. But let's see how she follows up on this list...
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:22 pm Why is nova a suspect?
I didn't like his post about Mac "emulating" supatown Mac and his explanation didn't hold water for me. I also don't know what he's talking about re: my behavior in World Asunder. I was asking questions early on in that game, nothing anyone said changed my behavior. I also didn't like this post:
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm Third time's the charm?
Appeal to history? Appeal to emotions?

Not a good look madam
Mongoose's comment "Third time's the charm" sounds just like something she would say. It's talking about her history here since she's been back. I don't think it's a bad look at all and it seems like he's nitpicking.

So, all that keep him in my POE for now.
Some stuff about nova.[url] I mostly don't object to this stuff, though it's not all that substantial. She does raise the issue of her play in A World Asunder again, which remains a concern. At this point I mentioned that I was the one who brought this up, not nova, and she called it a "bad look" for me as well but still maintained her town read on me.

She spent a big part of last night combing the thread for town reads and accusations. This is a potentially useful exercise if one wields the information properly. So what did she do? Did she do things? Let's find out.

No. She did not. I've played too many games with a civilian juliets to believe that she'd spend that much time looking at data only to arrive at zero conclusions.

There were also a couple other posts of hers in the last few hours that pinged me slightly along similar lines to what I've laid out elsewhere in this post:
[url=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=1738&p=520867#p520867]This post
in which she discusses low-posting but gives out free passes to several players in the game, and a couple subsequent posts where she backs away from suspecting Colin. The problem I have with this is that she never seemed to apply any pressure to Colin whatsoever. He's not been totally absent. She's had plenty of opportunity to ask him questions, per her M.O., but she never did anything of the sort. She maintained a soft, vague suspicion on him and then backed off it the moment she was challenged. She has since dropped a vote on speedyo:
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:16 am I will be at work today until late this afternoon. I put a vote on sprityo because I don't like the way he entered the thread and speed before him didn't do anything.

If you are considering voting for me because you think this is my baddie meta I beg you to go look at a game where I was civ. My behavior in Asunder was my civ behavior because I was hunting another team. You will see in other games that I question and prod and ask opinions because as I said earlier, that's the way I assimilate the game as well as hunt. I don't always do something right away in the thread with the information I glean but every answer I get informs my opinions and next steps. This is just the way I play.

Ok I'm off for the day. I should be back before EOD but I won't have much time.
Her vote is on the quietest player in the game. I don't see her doing any investigative work to find a better candidate. I can usually count on juliets to be one of the people most apt to do that. She also defends her past scum behavior again and insists that she's being her usual town self, but... I've spent this whole Day phase looking for Town Juliets and I can't find her. Not here, at least.
When I get lynched you are going to be forced to admit you don't know how to read me at all. All the stuff you say here is bullshit, and I do not use that word lightly. You just have no idea how I really play, what is going through my head, and why I do the things I do. I'm not going to answer your post point by point - you'll say it's because I'm caught - maybe everyone will say that and vote for me which would be a relief. If everyone thinks I'm bad just vote me out of the game for God's sake. But that's not the reason I'm not going through this point by point. I've tried explaining myself over and over again. I'm tired. But when I flip don't blame me for not fighting hard enough, I've been fighting for days. Too many people think they have me all figured out - and they are wrong, including you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm Also I just LOVE the meta gaming Juliet’s used to lead into her “he posted one thing then left” type deal
what does "meta gaming" mean? not sure i understand context here.
Juliet’s using something not in the game thread aka

Using my NP blue text as evidence of something
Wait - I'm using something "not in the game thread"?? You literally posted your comment in the game thread. Just because it's blue doesn't mean it's not in the thread. Everything counts in the thread.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I’m here and have literally 2 mins before I need to leave so I’ll vote but I probably don’t have time to reply to anything sorry!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 0]

juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:19 pm A juliets case:
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:01 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 am
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am hottake: juliets is bad :p
I love hot takes. Tell me more
she has made a total of 3 posts in between a lot of us already talking about other players as we always do. 3 of those posts had nothing to do with the game content. one was a typical juliets checkin, the second was comforting mongoose's playstyle in the same way i did (and a direct mention to how dunya/sloonei were making reads), and the last is to tell us about her schedule. she was online yesterday and today and that is all she managed to offer. i feel like this is in direct contrast with her usual day 0 conduct where she digs in and asks people for elaborations or some such. and her post to mongoose makes it clear she was up to speed with the game progress...and i know juliets, she reads every post in the game she's in.

at least i don't feel jules/mongoose would be w/w based on her second post directed towards mongoose.

with all that said, i'd sooner lynch myself day 1 than lynch juliets. so let's find her teammate!
I'm not sure what there is to dig in on. The people who normally throw out names for no reason early on in the game are doing so. I've given up asking Mac for reasons when he does this early game. Also, it's Day 0 - in my mind the game hasn't even started yet. I was online yesterday but I was mostly in discord and I was only online this morning for a very brief time before I went to work. Anyway, now that I'm home I'll look back and see if there's anything making me suspicious or convincing me this early that someone is town. Also, I am civ.
My primary concern with juliets is that her play here is lacking its normal inquisitiveness. She's usually one of the players who makes things happen. That doesn't necessarily mean she's always among the most vocal, rather that she always brings a fresh perspective to things and is never afraid to speak her mind and ask people pointed, direct questions when she needs to. After she is hit with some Day 0 accusations she throws up her hands and says "I'm not sure what there is to dig on" before going into a long apology for that position. It reads as anti-juliets to me.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm So I've gathered that dunya is town. That's always a plus.
tell me why you have gathered i'm town
dunya, your town is shining so brightly it hurts. Mostly the way you suspected juliets for her posts. I wouldn't have necessarily noticed anything about her, but you did and said something about it.
So if I'm civ, do you still have a civ read on dunya?
I didn't understand this question at the time and I don't recall there being any follow up to it. I'll keep an eye out, but if there isn't anything beyond this then it serves as a good example of what I mean when I say she's not asking "pointed and direct" questions as per usual.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:01 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:58 pm
ok though I was certainly not in the thread the whole time. I didn't consider anything I saw to be of great importance. I don't make reads off of one post or even two. I want to see some behavior or even a total lack of behavior before I make serious reads.
Are there enough posts for you to make reads yet?
No. It's day 0. I want to see more behavior out of everyone.
I asked juliets this question because she's usually good at finding things to have opinions on, a great quality for a Day 1 civilian to have. She throws up her hands again and says nothing. But I'll give her the benefit of doubt and say she's allowed to wait for more stuff to happen.

Here is a response to the question I highlighted earlier, but I would not call it a proper follow-up, as she's being asked to clarify by dunya here. I'd also like to highlight another sentence that I read as anti-juliets:
at the times I posted yesterday I didn't see anything that made me curious. That's just the way it is.
I have a hard time believing juliets would struggle this much to develop reads in a game as busy as this one. I've seen her do more with less.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:20 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm So my question is what if you're bad and just pushing me as bad because I'm an easy mark.
what makes you an easy mark?
I don't come out of the gate with names to get people talking or voting. I have a different approach to playing - not right or wrong but different. I don't defend well when I haven't done anything yet. I ask a lot of questions and then think about them for awhile unless something really sticks out to me. Things like that.
I agree with this self-assessment, but I suspect her because I don't think it matches her play this game.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:38 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:36 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Let’s talk about that. When she ws caught in A World Asunder, she responded by doing the exact things which it had been noted she’d not done up until that point.
didn't a world asunder have 2 mafia teams though?
How does that come into play?
if you're on a mafia team in a game with 2 mafia teams, i feel like you can authentically scum hunt itt much more easily.
Yes, and I'm not sure what Sloonei is talking about. I was asking questions in day 1 which is my norm.
While I don't want to drag up juliets' past scum performance for serious analysis here, I have found it odd that she's repeatedly denied doing anything different in her previous scum game from her normal play. I read it as an attempt to completely discredit a line of suspicion against her without justification. I read that as a bad thing.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm So let me tell you guys one more time. I was here early this morning. Nothing that I thought was substantive had happened yet. I got off work at 4:00 and got to the thread sometime between 4:30 and 5:00 and saw several things I wanted to comment on/question and so I did. Just because someone suspects me doesn't mean I am going to shut down my play style. You can try to make it into something it isn't which is what you guys are doing but it is not what you're trying to make it. I was the same in Asunder as I have been in every other game I play - asking questions. That's the last I'll say about yesterday/today unless I'm asked a specific question.
I didn't love this post (I still feel iffy about juliets claiming she had nothing to say), but it at least compelled me to give her space. This is why I never voted for her until a moment ago. Despite what she says here, it seemed that the suspicion was altering her play this game. I wanted to see how she'd do with less pressure on her. The results, as should be clear by now, did not inspire me to change my mind. I think her frustration here is genuine, but I don't think frustration needs to equate to being town.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:13 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:09 pm You guys just go ahead and vote for me. Just don't say I didn't warn you. I'm fine dying on night 1 again.
Day 1 started a little over 3 hours ago. We’re all just throwing crap at the walls. Join us.
I think Colin or speed or maybe both are bad. Colin was here but didn't make posts to further the game. I gave speed a bye for not posting much yesterday but he's had plenty of time today. For the time being I'll put my vote on Colin since he's actually been here more than speed.
I prompted her to jump into the Day 1 festivities after she'd apparently given up. First of all, juliets doesn't usually need this prompt. Second, she picked on two absentees to that point, and did not highlight any actual in-thread content. More anti-juliets stuff.

She repeatedly resisted all reads on Macdougall, but I don't really see her making an effort to develop a read of her own (to be fair, she previously mentioned that she has given up trying to question Mac early in games, which is fair. Certain players can be counted on to reveal themselves all on their own over the course of the game. Mac is one of them.)
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 am I'm not as comfortable voting Colin now so I'm moving my vote to speedchuck. He was online here yesterday but didn't post which makes me antsy.
Colin shows up and makes a small flurry of posts. Juliets, who had previously voted for Colin, takes his posts in stride and moves to speedchuck. I'm concerned. She had previously been suspicious enough of Colin to vote for him, and now that he's here he gets an uncritical pass as we move on to the next absent player in speedchuck. Why isn't juliets questioning him here? I feel like she normally would be.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 am Oh wow speed asked for a replacement. So I'm moving my vote to placeholder.
Early middle stages of Day 1 and juliets is voting the placeholder option. Eh.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:17 pm I'm ready to put dunya in my town basket based on what I've seen so far. I like how she compares to her U-Pick self. Mac is off the table for this lynch for me. dunya knows his game well and she is calling him town, and I'm town reading her. I believe he is posting a little less than usual because of his real life situation. I believe Mongoose when she says she forgot the game so even though she hasn't shown us a lot of behavior I find her post about that authentic. I don't think she would forget the game if she was bad so I'm town reading her. So, my town reads so far are:

dunya
Mac
Mongoose
Sloonei

That leaves:
Colin
speed
Luna*
MP
Nova
that I'm not ready to rule out yet.

* Luna always looks bad to me. I have to find better ways to differentiate bad Luna from good Luna, but since I can't rule her out at this point she stays in my POE.

Mechanics question: can someone help me on how to read the matrix? Am I looking at A, B, or C as the possibilities or 1, 2, or 3?
These are reads, which is good. The only scum read she qualifies at all is luna, and she qualifies it to say that "luna always looks bad" to her. That is less good. But let's see how she follows up on this list...
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:22 pm Why is nova a suspect?
I didn't like his post about Mac "emulating" supatown Mac and his explanation didn't hold water for me. I also don't know what he's talking about re: my behavior in World Asunder. I was asking questions early on in that game, nothing anyone said changed my behavior. I also didn't like this post:
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm Third time's the charm?
Appeal to history? Appeal to emotions?

Not a good look madam
Mongoose's comment "Third time's the charm" sounds just like something she would say. It's talking about her history here since she's been back. I don't think it's a bad look at all and it seems like he's nitpicking.

So, all that keep him in my POE for now.
Some stuff about nova.[url] I mostly don't object to this stuff, though it's not all that substantial. She does raise the issue of her play in A World Asunder again, which remains a concern. At this point I mentioned that I was the one who brought this up, not nova, and she called it a "bad look" for me as well but still maintained her town read on me.

She spent a big part of last night combing the thread for town reads and accusations. This is a potentially useful exercise if one wields the information properly. So what did she do? Did she do things? Let's find out.

No. She did not. I've played too many games with a civilian juliets to believe that she'd spend that much time looking at data only to arrive at zero conclusions.

There were also a couple other posts of hers in the last few hours that pinged me slightly along similar lines to what I've laid out elsewhere in this post:
[url=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=1738&p=520867#p520867]This post
in which she discusses low-posting but gives out free passes to several players in the game, and a couple subsequent posts where she backs away from suspecting Colin. The problem I have with this is that she never seemed to apply any pressure to Colin whatsoever. He's not been totally absent. She's had plenty of opportunity to ask him questions, per her M.O., but she never did anything of the sort. She maintained a soft, vague suspicion on him and then backed off it the moment she was challenged. She has since dropped a vote on speedyo:
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:16 am I will be at work today until late this afternoon. I put a vote on sprityo because I don't like the way he entered the thread and speed before him didn't do anything.

If you are considering voting for me because you think this is my baddie meta I beg you to go look at a game where I was civ. My behavior in Asunder was my civ behavior because I was hunting another team. You will see in other games that I question and prod and ask opinions because as I said earlier, that's the way I assimilate the game as well as hunt. I don't always do something right away in the thread with the information I glean but every answer I get informs my opinions and next steps. This is just the way I play.

Ok I'm off for the day. I should be back before EOD but I won't have much time.
Her vote is on the quietest player in the game. I don't see her doing any investigative work to find a better candidate. I can usually count on juliets to be one of the people most apt to do that. She also defends her past scum behavior again and insists that she's being her usual town self, but... I've spent this whole Day phase looking for Town Juliets and I can't find her. Not here, at least.
When I get lynched you are going to be forced to admit you don't know how to read me at all. All the stuff you say here is bullshit, and I do not use that word lightly. You just have no idea how I really play, what is going through my head, and why I do the things I do. I'm not going to answer your post point by point - you'll say it's because I'm caught - maybe everyone will say that and vote for me which would be a relief. If everyone thinks I'm bad just vote me out of the game for God's sake. But that's not the reason I'm not going through this point by point. I've tried explaining myself over and over again. I'm tired. But when I flip don't blame me for not fighting hard enough, I've been fighting for days. Too many people think they have me all figured out - and they are wrong, including you.
I'm not lynching Juliets lol.
novaselinenever
Hitman

We're getting absolutely bamboozled.
novaselinenever
Hitman

When in doubt, lynch Lunalee.

Is that how the saying goes? :ponder:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

lynch nova. he bad. he bad news.

what sloonei thought was a "town-slip", i see as a cheeky funny comment referencing his win in community.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:33 pm I’m here and have literally 2 mins before I need to leave so I’ll vote but I probably don’t have time to reply to anything sorry!
so we got a no-u vote on luna?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

hottake at 10: nova/mongoose bad together.
novaselinenever
Hitman

:haha:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

jesus christ the vote tally less than an hour away from deadline is a clusterfuck, an absolute clusterfuck
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: Mongoose] aubergine
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:40 pm
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:33 pm I’m here and have literally 2 mins before I need to leave so I’ll vote but I probably don’t have time to reply to anything sorry!
so we got a no-u vote on luna?
I’ve been reticent to bring her up all day because you always get that as a response but I’ve been consistent on having her listed as who I feel the least best about. I can’t not pick her though just because she voted for me. Hope that makes sense
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i respect sloonei's vision of you, but in addition to other concerns i had, i have a hard time swallowing the whole "i can townread all active participants sans 1" even if you haven't played with any of us yet.

i apologize profoundly if i am wrong, but it's between you and nova for me today.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I really have to go now. I’ll hope you will see my intentions have been pure and I’ve been out doing the hard work you have all been doing too. If you mislynch me though I won’t be bitter and it will be a bit of a relief considering my schedule so do what you have to do.

If not, I vow to amp up my hunting tomorrow
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I hereby rescind Dunya's civilian card.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

mac: what will we get from MP7's lynch?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:52 pm I hereby rescind Dunya's civilian card.
that's ok, i'm not looking to be townread by a mafioso who knows i'm town ;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

are we buying what sprityo's selling?

i hate the "idgaf" attitude and wouldn't be opposed to lynching him tbh. unhelpful townie attitude is a dangerous townie imo.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose, you're killing me. Back to no lynch after being confronted?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose!
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm buying what Juliets is selling, undecided on Sprit's.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm not feeling well, so i'm voting [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine

mongoose is at least fighting for a chance to show us something, sprityo has made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be playing this so.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

might check in a few mins before eod. good luck civs.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:54 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:52 pm I hereby rescind Dunya's civilian card.
that's ok, i'm not looking to be townread by a mafioso who knows i'm town ;)
Do you really think I'm bad? I'm disappointed.

If you're Town, find me. I'm town, just keep looking and you'll find me in your heart as a townie :cloud9:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:31 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm Also I just LOVE the meta gaming Juliet’s used to lead into her “he posted one thing then left” type deal

Wait - I'm using something "not in the game thread"?? You literally posted your comment in the game thread. Just because it's blue doesn't mean it's not in the thread. Everything counts in the thread.
Using something as evidence prior to me having any game knowledge is in poor taste

You didn’t specifically use it in that context but you appear to use it as a lead into your next post to put blame on me

That’s all I’m seeing
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:54 pm are we buying what sprityo's selling?

i hate the "idgaf" attitude and wouldn't be opposed to lynching him tbh. unhelpful townie attitude is a dangerous townie imo.
“We should Lynch the townie”

:clap:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

As town I don’t have an obligation to try as hard

I laugh upon your boots
Banners:
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:00 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Using something as evidence prior to me having any game knowledge is in poor taste

You didn’t specifically use it in that context but you appear to use it as a lead into your next post to put blame on me

That’s all I’m seeing
[mention]sprityo[/mention] I mentioned it because it looked like you were paying some attention to the thread at that point. Using something that's in the thread is not in poor taste - people say things in OT green that are relevant. But ok I'll set that aside. Yesterday evening I read the thread twice in an effort to do something Mac wanted me to do, so I know it doesn't take all that long to read through. Have you done that? If not why not? If so, where are your thoughts? Or did you replace a scum so you're just skating for a bit because people don't expect you to have done anything? These are my concerns.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:53 pm mac: what will we get from MP7's lynch?
I dead non contributing unknown quantity with the potential to be dangerous
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

Nobody knows who or what to lynch. So let's lynch MP. Easy done.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 pm Have you done that? If not why not? If so, where are your thoughts? Or did you replace a scum so you're just skating for a bit because people don't expect you to have done anything? These are my concerns.
no, i havent. i haven't set aside time to do so

if i replaced scum i wouldnt sit back and chill when day one is really important. especially when we're in the 10 person setup with a doublevoter.

I'm here to fill, im sorry but you'll have to just wait for me to be ready to do something and settle with that.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:02 pm As town I don’t have an obligation to try as hard

I laugh upon your boots
die. now.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:10 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 pm Have you done that? If not why not? If so, where are your thoughts? Or did you replace a scum so you're just skating for a bit because people don't expect you to have done anything? These are my concerns.
no, i havent. i haven't set aside time to do so

if i replaced scum i wouldnt sit back and chill when day one is really important. especially when we're in the 10 person setup with a doublevoter.

I'm here to fill, im sorry but you'll have to just wait for me to be ready to do something and settle with that.
Why would you chill as a civ? None of the rest of us are chilling' - that's a good way to lose. And I don't have to wait for you to be ready.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:09 pm Nobody knows who or what to lynch. So let's lynch MP. Easy done.
let's lynch sprityo instead. he made no effort until he got some heat and now he's playing the "idgaf" attitude.

for a game of 10, mafia only need 2 mislynches. seeing the thread navigate in circles away from him certainly wouldn't encourage a mafioso replacing in to contribute. i sure as heck wouldnt. i would have taken my sweet time to catch up.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sprityo: "As town I don’t have an obligation to try as hard "

he said those words, i'm not even paraphrasing or taking out of context.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:09 pm Nobody knows who or what to lynch. So let's lynch MP. Easy done.
Folks, is this your town Mac?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]M Plus 7[/mention] please try to dedicate some time, even 30 minutes of your day would be appreciated.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Folks, is this your town Mac?
yeah. :shrug2:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

We're tied between someone who says they're a civ and wants to chill in a 10 player game and a No Lynch.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

[VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Are we all adamant about not lynching juliets? If so I’ll switch to speedyo
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:21 pm Are we all adamant about not lynching juliets? If so I’ll switch to speedyo
Did you not read her post to your iso?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i will not be lynching juliets.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:21 pm Are we all adamant about not lynching juliets? If so I’ll switch to speedyo
Did you not read her post to your iso?
I did.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

even sprityo's reaction to juliets was very exaggerated. i'm not buying him at all.

Return to “Previous Heists”