Popcorn munchers (host/dead/non)
50%

Total votes: 8
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 2]

Post by MacDougall »

I'm in the weeds here. Sloonei is being all civvy and shit and Nova is still trolling me. I've felt kinda ok about Mongoose all game and both Goose and Llama haven't attacked me so I haven't really shined a light there ... Llama was M Plus?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm Is Mongoose/Nova compatiblegh?
I haven’t looked into nova’s compatibility with her, but Mongoose has been propping up your case against him all game, so based on that I’d lean towards no. Bussing happens though.

I’m currently feeling pretty strongly about mongoose/llama. Juliets just brought up another good point that I want to piggyback off of.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:49 pm I'm in the weeds here. Sloonei is being all civvy and shit and Nova is still trolling me. I've felt kinda ok about Mongoose all game and both Goose and Llama haven't attacked me so I haven't really shined a light there ... Llama was M Plus?
Yes to the last question. And this reasoning is why I was compelled to look at them so closely in the first place.

I don’t wanna influence your reads of them anymore than I might have already if you intend to look into them yourself. But I encourage that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Son
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fyd
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:49 pm
I haven’t looked into nova’s compatibility with her, but Mongoose has been propping up your case against him all game
Has she? Why not vote there?
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

She is according to Llama, her scum buddy.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I probably won't be here tomorrow so please follow up on those questions I asked Mongoose if I'm not here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:49 pm
I haven’t looked into nova’s compatibility with her, but Mongoose has been propping up your case against him all game
Has she? Why not vote there?
"All game" was a stretch on my part. "Since Llama showed up" would be a better description.
Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 am Ok thanks llama that's very helpful. Can you be more specific on what you are seeing in nova that causes you to call him bad? If you have done that and I missed it, my apologies.
Not a lot concrete. I found the initial "tired of losing" comment suspicious. Others have gone on to explain that away, but I don't know that I'm convinced. I don't like Nova's case on Mac. Very unconvincing to me. Call it a gut read if you like.
I find the latter allegation way way more persuasive than the former.

Linkcake
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am I just spent an entire night not sleeping so I might be insane right now, but I think you’re both town.
Ok, after reading the Nova/Mac drama, where Mac accuses Nova of being teammates with Sloonei, Sloonei says this. And it looks like something a teammate would totally do.
I GET this read but I just cannot fathom Sloonei being mafia. I think I could be talked into Nova (although not just because he won’t get off Mac’s ass - we’ve all been super wrong before with needless civ on civ violence ), but I just can’t with Sloonei

Linki
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:09 pm You know, I sort of think nova stood up to Mac's suspicions pretty well. Instead of conceding to Mac's questioning, or changing his opinions to get on Mac's side, he dug his feet in hard, and fired back with every reason to do so. I'm just not convinced he's scum because of it.
That’s a fair point. (Nova is my next reddish pick after Luna, so I’m following this along closely as well)
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 pm Out of transparency, I only saw one movie as I ran out of steam, but I'm too wiped to do much more than catch up on your postings.

I'll be around tomorrow, but if anyone wants to assign me a re-read, I'm happy to do one. For instance, I wasn't too impressed with Nova's reread of Mac* (I am pretty sure he was joking about rereading him), for instance. Let's dig in.

* Disclaimer: This is not me saying that I think Mac warrants a re-read in particular.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:01 pm We've got an hour and a half left, votes ever so slightly leaning toward Colin. I support this lynch, but my mind is far from made up. If anything has any concerns about either of these wagons, or about anything else that's going on, please voice them. This is a pretty crucial lynch.
Bleeding over from yesterday, it would definitely be nova. Seems as much as a complementary team as any of the others we've postulated.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So is Mongoose buddying up to me and Nova buddying up to you Sloonei?

Or are you and Nova just 100% right about this and I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether re. Nova.

It's one of those things where Goose and Llama are both saying things I feel. If they have pocketed me it has been a success.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Juliets are you at Llama/Goose now?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:00 pm
So I'm not Mafia now? After all this.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Getting back to my piggybacking of a point juliets made, Mongoose responded in part to my questions about her interaction with llama with this:
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 am There were seemingly better candidates. I was far from the only person to suspect Luna. The game is young. This is the first heist I've ever played (oof this pacing), so maybe that explains why everyone is so concerned with my lack of Day 1 pings and non-aggressive stance on Day 2. Back int he day, I just don't remember such drama over not having a lot of day 1 reads. It's a little baffling to me. I'm not the type to throw something out there and watch what happens. I don't disagree with that style, it's just not me.
These words were typed during this very night phase. Earlier in the game, however, she expressed the following frustration with the state of affairs:
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:13 pm Someone is hoodwinking us big time.
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:14 am
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 pm Juliets you and I are on the exact same page. I think Luna is too and Mongoose. All we need to do is work together and we will easily accomplish this.
I’m on board.
With what, exactly?
Relax, not your lunch. Baddie hunting. Someone is leading us around by the noses, and I’m sick of it.
Do these posts reflect a cohesive civilian mindset? In the earlier two posts, she seems frustrated with the lack of success civilians are having. In the latest post, she excuses her avoidance of llama behind an apparent nonchalance over the state of the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Who was victimized by the D.E.N.N.I.S. System?
Poll ended at Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:30 pm
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

ColinIsCool
25%
Voters: novaselinenever, Lunalee, Sloonei
juliets
No votes
Voters: None
Lunalee
33%
Voters: ColinIsCool, thellama73, Mongoose, MacDougall
MacDougall
No votes
Mongoose
No votes
novaselinenever
No votes
Sloonei
No votes
thellama73
No votes
No Lynch
8%
Voters: juliets
Placeholder
No votes
Who wasn't? (host/dead/non)
33%
Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, dunya, Epignosis, leetic
Total votes: 12
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:27 pm So is Mongoose buddying up to me and Nova buddying up to you Sloonei?

Or are you and Nova just 100% right about this and I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether re. Nova.

It's one of those things where Goose and Llama are both saying things I feel. If they have pocketed me it has been a success.
I would love to hear your take on a possible Mongoose/Llama pairing. You said earlier that you like to hunt for scum partnerships. I think I found one.

and yeah, i'm back to reading you as town. Maybe even more than nova at this point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

She had a bleached asshole.

The gang was in a bind. They'd just wrongly noosed their own friend Charlie and they were running out of time. There could be another murder any moment, and their screaming was getting them nowhere. More importantly, nobody was alive to do the critical Charlie Work on which Paddy's heavily depended.
Circumstances were dire, and matters only got worse when another frequenter was found dead.

Lunalee was killed.

She was Artemis. Civilian 1-shot doublevoter.

Day 3 is underway. You have 48 hours.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:00 pm
So I'm not Mafia now? After all this.
It is looking a lot like it. We dunked on Llama and Mongoose while you were absent earlier.

I have you though in my second team, Mac/Mongoose :grin:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 3]

>Wasted her 1-shot
>Almost got lynched
>Got Killed immediately

The town confirm plan's gotta be the scam of the year lol.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Well that's interesting. I would have thought they would pick me because I'm so active and she's not as active. May mean I'm on the wrong track and she was on the right track. Need to check that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:27 pm So is Mongoose buddying up to me and Nova buddying up to you Sloonei?

I would love to hear your take on a possible Mongoose/Llama pairing. You said earlier that you like to hunt for scum partnerships. I think I found one.

and yeah, i'm back to reading you as town. Maybe even more than nova at this point.
:scared:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luna wouldn't have been able to use her 1-shot today anyway because IT'S MYLO, FOLKS.

Beginning of day rainbow:
juliets
Mac
nova

Mongoose
llama
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:30 pm

:scared:
His frustration following yesterday's lynch read authentic as Dee's acting according to Dee.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: dat llama] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'll open up the festivities

[VOTE: Mongoose] aubergine
novaselinenever
Hitman

I was beaten
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:37 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:08 pm Yeah I don’t like llama’s handling of this issue.
To elaborate: the main (only) reason that I’m a suspect is my handling of the luna plan yesterday. Llama brushed over this in his ISO, giving it an arbitrary nod as “bad”, but didn’t have anything else ro say about it. He came out with a town read but doesn’t really address the most controversial moment in my ISO. If he’s mafia he has no incentive to actually come to my defense, he just needs to put the work in to justify a town read on me tomorrow.

When I pressed him on the issue, he kind of just reiterated the basic take on it: “it was a bad look but it doesn’t outweigh the rest of your posts.”

No elaboration on why its bad. No attempted justification of why a civilian would act that way. Llama doesn’t care about this read.
I don't care about the read because I'm confident you're civilian. You misunderstand my analysis. I went through your posts looking for reasons to think you might be bad, and that was the only thing I could come up with, really. I didn't find it convincing, but I put it in the bad column since Mac keeps talking about it. I don't actually think it makes you look bad.
Wait what? You don’t think it looks bad? You just said it does because that’s what somebody else said?
You're not listening to me. I put it in the "against" column because it was an anomaly and an inconsistency in your game. In the context of the rest of your play, I don't think it makes you look bad, however.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:44 pm Llama iso’d everyone at mylo and came to no new conclusions.
What conclusion should I have come to?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm I have 300 posts in this game. Anyone that thinks I'm bad is crazy lol.
Because mafia never post a lot.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I want to see Mongoose's responses before I vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:37 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:08 pm Yeah I don’t like llama’s handling of this issue.
To elaborate: the main (only) reason that I’m a suspect is my handling of the luna plan yesterday. Llama brushed over this in his ISO, giving it an arbitrary nod as “bad”, but didn’t have anything else ro say about it. He came out with a town read but doesn’t really address the most controversial moment in my ISO. If he’s mafia he has no incentive to actually come to my defense, he just needs to put the work in to justify a town read on me tomorrow.

When I pressed him on the issue, he kind of just reiterated the basic take on it: “it was a bad look but it doesn’t outweigh the rest of your posts.”

No elaboration on why its bad. No attempted justification of why a civilian would act that way. Llama doesn’t care about this read.
I don't care about the read because I'm confident you're civilian. You misunderstand my analysis. I went through your posts looking for reasons to think you might be bad, and that was the only thing I could come up with, really. I didn't find it convincing, but I put it in the bad column since Mac keeps talking about it. I don't actually think it makes you look bad.
Wait what? You don’t think it looks bad? You just said it does because that’s what somebody else said?
You're not listening to me. I put it in the "against" column because it was an anomaly and an inconsistency in your game. In the context of the rest of your play, I don't think it makes you look bad, however.
What was Sloonei's mindset during that period?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:44 pm Llama iso’d everyone at mylo and came to no new conclusions.
I dunno, it's just odd to see a player commit to rereading everybody at MYLO and then come out of the exercise with absolutely no new reads on anybody. Where's the nerve-wracking paranoia?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 2]

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm To be clear, I don’t disbelieve the story one way or other. And actually, believing the story makes me feel slightly worse about llama. What I’m bothered by is llama’s “softball setup” in your words. It reads like he and mongoose conspired to get this narrative out there quickly and on their own terms so that the issue could be swept under the rug (hence also treating colin as a friend most of the day).

Llama was not the only one who took issue with the No Lynch votes. I did too, and I was not alone in that prior to llama’s entry into the game.
How is it a "softball setup"? I demanded an explanation and I got one that satisfied me. I'm confused about how you think I should have asked that question.

novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:43 pm
I dunno, it's just odd to see a player commit to rereading everybody at MYLO and then come out of the exercise with absolutely no new reads on anybody. Where's the nerve-wracking paranoia?
He didn't reread me that's for sure. Microwaved the "I don't like this", "I don't like that" and served it with a side of Nova/Mongoose compatibility.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:40 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm I have 300 posts in this game. Anyone that thinks I'm bad is crazy lol.
Because mafia never post a lot.
nova's not usually a 300-posts-in-2-Days kinda guy. This is an unusually high volume of content from him.

I'll always vouch at least a little bit for content volume as a potential alignment indicator. I know first hand how difficult it is to fake an extremely high level of participation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

This is the last thing that I see that she posted about her suspicions.

Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:11 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:06 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm I'm having trouble processing the last couple of pages
I think you're having trouble processing that your scum team has been outed and will be lynched in short order.
I'm quoting this again 'cause I'm slightly tilted by it lol.

Do you actually believe this? Do you think a mafia member would have a problem with going with a plan that's getting them a mislynch either way, and in that off chance the double-voter gets confirmed they can just kill them at night (no protectors)?

Did you not read up the thread when I showed up and advocated for a tie 'cause I believed your claim and wanted you to have a 100% chance of surviving instead of 50%?
I said it thinking it was funny. And I see you didn't not see it that way. My apologies. Did you really firmly believe both Colin and I were town? That's seems like a difficult claim to make.

Right now my scum POE is narrowed down to: Sloonei, llama, and you, so I'm not saying you're confirmed scum, but I can't clear you.
linkis

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Yes. Go read my ISO of Nova's interactions with Mongoose.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm To be clear, I don’t disbelieve the story one way or other. And actually, believing the story makes me feel slightly worse about llama. What I’m bothered by is llama’s “softball setup” in your words. It reads like he and mongoose conspired to get this narrative out there quickly and on their own terms so that the issue could be swept under the rug (hence also treating colin as a friend most of the day).

Llama was not the only one who took issue with the No Lynch votes. I did too, and I was not alone in that prior to llama’s entry into the game.
How is it a "softball setup"? I demanded an explanation and I got one that satisfied me. I'm confused about how you think I should have asked that question.
"Softball setup" was juliets' way of framing it, but I did co-sign it so I guess I'm in this with her.

It felt like a sterile question. You seemed to frame it somewhat deliberately and then she seemed too well prepared in her response to it. It was apparently one of the two most pressing issues for you at the start of the day, but you accepted her story right away and did not bring it up again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
What about Mongoose's interactions with nova?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:43 pm
He didn't reread me that's for sure. Microwaved the "I don't like this", "I don't like that" and served it with a side of Nova/Mongoose compatibility.
I did reread you, as a matter of fact.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:49 pm

"Softball setup" was juliets' way of framing it, but I did co-sign it so I guess I'm in this with her.

It felt like a sterile question. You seemed to frame it somewhat deliberately and then she seemed too well prepared in her response to it. It was apparently one of the two most pressing issues for you at the start of the day, but you accepted her story right away and did not bring it up again.
I did accept the story right away, so guilty there I guess. I found it believable. I don't think she would make up that story, and if she didn't make it up, there was no point in belaboring the issue. You might have noticed thta I posed the same question to Colin in the same way.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
What about Mongoose's interactions with nova?
That's a good point. I should go look at those.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:52 pm

I did accept the story right away, so guilty there I guess. I found it believable. I don't think she would make up that story, and if she didn't make it up, there was no point in belaboring the issue. You might have noticed thta I posed the same question to Colin in the same way.
I absolutely do notice that Colin is involved in the same line of questioning. You did not follow up on his answer either.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Juliets is locked Town with Luna's flip, not like she wasn't before just with her presence and then claim. I'm having trouble seeing a world where Sloonei is bad.

So unless Macdougal is bamboozling us (and I was right all along :p), I'm fairly certain Mongoose/Llama are the infamous duo.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei, what happened to your Juliets suspicions? I'd really like to hear the development there, since I remember you not wanting to let her go during N1 despite Dunya and I.
novaselinenever
Hitman

A summary would be nice :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:58 pm Sloonei, what happened to your Juliets suspicions? I'd really like to hear the development there, since I remember you not wanting to let her go during N1 despite Dunya and I.
she claimed cop
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Here’s the post where the ol’ gears were turning and I decided not to suspect juliets anymore:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:52 pm If juliets is lying, she’s setting herself up to be counterclaimed very easily. It could be that the mafia team is comprised of two goons, she being one of them. This being the case they would know that the civilians have either a 1-shot cop or a 2-shot tracker. If she claims cop with a negated shot, she is essentially bating the real power role to claim. In doing that she all but ensures that she doesn’t make it to lylo, as best case scenario for mafia is that we lynch her counterclaim today and then her tomorrow. With a 2-person team, I think such a sacrifice is unlikely.

Another scenario is that she is mafia and knows that there is no cop, or are at best unsure of the setup. By claiming cop she can create chaos and false security for herself in the thread if she believed she can’t be counterclaimed. That’s an extremely risky move, and not one that I think would he viable. Unlikely.

I can’t think of a viable mafia strategy for juliets to make this claim up. I’m the only one who suspected her, so she didn’t need to shake anything. I can regard juliets are mechanically pseduo-cleared for now.

See, I told you I wasn’t tunneling. I just had some unresolved issues with her Day 1 behavior.

I’ll vote for mongoose now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Nice.
novaselinenever
Hitman

So let's talk about Mac.
novaselinenever
Hitman

And talk about me. I want that dark green, and a little bit of space between my name and Bonny & Clyde's :p

Return to “Previous Heists”