Total votes: 8
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:10 pm I think llama and mongoose coordinated their moves yesterday. I think they deliberately tried to pocket Mac by puffing up his case on nova.

If I’m boiling it down to one issue that makes me think it’s llama/mongoose instead of llama/mac, that’s it.
Coordinating our moves makes me think of Llama and I being on a dance floor together, which seems rather unlikely.

In theory, the idea of Llama and I being on a baddie team (or any team) sounds quite twee, but here's how that dialogue would go of us trying to formulate a plan.

Me: Okay, I am going to say this. You back me up by saying this.

Him: Don't tell me what to do.

Me: You're being unreasonable.

Him: You're being unreasonable.

Me: Fine say whatever you want.

///

That dialogue above would also work if you swapped out the names.

Also, super soz I haven't been around today. I have felt super ratty and ended up sleeping most of the day or eating a lot of red meat.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 3]

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:22 pm Yeah, that's what I said. Nova's initial ping was THE BEGINNING of his case against me. I never said he leapt into it immediately scum-reading me. I said it was the thin end of the wedge designed to gradually ramp up a case against me in a way that looked organic. Nothing in Nova's post up there^ discredits my position on this.
What if I say I don't know what the inorganic part is?
The inorganic part is the initial ping. I don't believe that a civilian would be pinged by me repeating a consistent read on them throughout Night 1. Remember, I subbed in after Day 1, so I didn't have as long to meditate on my reads as other players had. I think it was a phony ping, designed to begin a larger case, and that's what I find inorganic.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:10 pm I think llama and mongoose coordinated their moves yesterday. I think they deliberately tried to pocket Mac by puffing up his case on nova.

If I’m boiling it down to one issue that makes me think it’s llama/mongoose instead of llama/mac, that’s it.
Coordinating our moves makes me think of Llama and I being on a dance floor together, which seems rather unlikely.

In theory, the idea of Llama and I being on a baddie team (or any team) sounds quite twee, but here's how that dialogue would go of us trying to formulate a plan.

///

Also, super soz I haven't been around today. I have felt super ratty and ended up sleeping most of the day or eating a lot of red meat.
True, but we are both in Murder Park.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

Yep, just like a civilian would not develop a read on someone with over 300 posts but rather always keep them neutral as to leave options open. Doing so using, or milking should I say, a NOT AT ALL phony ping about "Hi! I'm Nova and I'm tired of losing".
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:16 pm

I am buying a llama is bad theory but I'm still having trouble with Mongoose. Llama himself game me the best reason I've seen to doubt her which is her personality is a good cover for a scum role.
The flip side is that it makes my civ self look as blendy as a Vitamix.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

///

Omg this sounds just like the two of you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:22 pm Yeah, that's what I said. Nova's initial ping was THE BEGINNING of his case against me. I never said he leapt into it immediately scum-reading me. I said it was the thin end of the wedge designed to gradually ramp up a case against me in a way that looked organic. Nothing in Nova's post up there^ discredits my position on this.
The inorganic part is the initial ping. I don't believe that a civilian would be pinged by me repeating a consistent read on them throughout Night 1. Remember, I subbed in after Day 1, so I didn't have as long to meditate on my reads as other players had. I think it was a phony ping, designed to begin a larger case, and that's what I find inorganic.
I do not get this impression. I can see nova being pinged by it. You brought up multiple times his initial post in the game as the potential foundation of a larger case (much like you're accusing him of doing). After this happened a few times, nova took notice and began to wonder why this was a significant issue to you, and why you had not dug deeper into the case than that. As he says, he's been near the very top in content volume in this game since you got here. As I see it, you initiated this entire exchange, so it seems every bit as reasonable, if not more so, to say that you were the one planting seeds for a larger case later.

Also, for the record, this was his first mention of you:
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 am Quite an entrance from Llama dude. Not bad :llama:
How do we reconcile that with "nova wanted to plant seeds against llama from the beginning"?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Thank you, Sloonei. Thank you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I read nova as town. It's not that I can't see the possibility of him being civilian, it's that we're at 4 vs 2 situation right now and for the duration of this game he's struck me as a civilian in tone and content, and I've not come across a single argument that has convinced me otherwise. I'm happy to continue talking about him because if he's fooling me, I would like to be able to see it. But so far I do not.
After Mac's response to the Day 2 lynch, I have extreme difficulty viewing him as mafia as well. Juliets is as close to confirmed town as a player can be.

I arrived at Mongoose/llama as a scum pairing before I had removed Mac from my POE, and all the while have been unable to argue for a scum nova. I just don't see it.

Does anybody suspect me to any serious degree at this stage?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 pm Yep, just like a civilian would not develop a read on someone with over 300 posts but rather always keep them neutral as to leave options open. Doing so using, or milking should I say, a NOT AT ALL phony ping about "Hi! I'm Nova and I'm tired of losing".
You didn't have 300 posts at the time. And having a lot of posts does not make you civilian. The fact that you think it does is insulting to the intelligence of everyone here.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 pm
I do not get this impression. I can see nova being pinged by it. You brought up multiple times his initial post in the game as the potential foundation of a larger case (much like you're accusing him of doing). After this happened a few times, nova took notice and began to wonder why this was a significant issue to you, and why you had not dug deeper into the case than that. As he says, he's been near the very top in content volume in this game since you got here. As I see it, you initiated this entire exchange, so it seems every bit as reasonable, if not more so, to say that you were the one planting seeds for a larger case later.

Also, for the record, this was his first mention of you:
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 am Quite an entrance from Llama dude. Not bad :llama:
How do we reconcile that with "nova wanted to plant seeds against llama from the beginning"?
Not from the beginning. At a certain point in time. I don't know what inspired that decision. Maybe the failure of his case on Mac to gain traction.

novaselinenever
Hitman

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:37 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 pm Yep, just like a civilian would not develop a read on someone with over 300 posts but rather always keep them neutral as to leave options open. Doing so using, or milking should I say, a NOT AT ALL phony ping about "Hi! I'm Nova and I'm tired of losing".
You didn't have 300 posts at the time. And having a lot of posts does not make you civilian. The fact that you think it does is insulting to the intelligence of everyone here.
Nice side-stepping you got there. Perfect technique.

I may not have had 300 posts at that time, but I've had enough for you to generate a read and dig deeper than what you did. I've had enough of them for the whole duration of the game, might have been only 200 or over 100. It was enough though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Content volume should definitely be a factor in our reads.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:45 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:40 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm I have 300 posts in this game. Anyone that thinks I'm bad is crazy lol.
Because mafia never post a lot.
nova's not usually a 300-posts-in-2-Days kinda guy. This is an unusually high volume of content from him.

I'll always vouch at least a little bit for content volume as a potential alignment indicator. I know first hand how difficult it is to fake an extremely high level of participation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:37 pm I read nova as town. It's not that I can't see the possibility of him being civilian, it's that we're at 4 vs 2 situation right now and for the duration of this game he's struck me as a civilian in tone and content, and I've not come across a single argument that has convinced me otherwise. I'm happy to continue talking about him because if he's fooling me, I would like to be able to see it. But so far I do not.
After Mac's response to the Day 2 lynch, I have extreme difficulty viewing him as mafia as well. Juliets is as close to confirmed town as a player can be.

I arrived at Mongoose/llama as a scum pairing before I had removed Mac from my POE, and all the while have been unable to argue for a scum nova. I just don't see it.

Nay.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:37 pm I read nova as town. It's not that I can't see the possibility of him being *mafia*, it's that we're at 4 vs 2 situation right now and for the duration of this game he's struck me as a civilian in tone and content, and I've not come across a single argument that has convinced me otherwise. I'm happy to continue talking about him because if he's fooling me, I would like to be able to see it. But so far I do not.

corrected a typo
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My POE is comfortably at Mongoose/Nova/Llama, and nova is comfortably a town read.

What's the status of all dem other POEs, folks?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm I have 300 posts in this game. Anyone that thinks I'm bad is crazy lol.
nova's not usually a 300-posts-in-2-Days kinda guy. This is an unusually high volume of content from him.

I'll always vouch at least a little bit for content volume as a potential alignment indicator. I know first hand how difficult it is to fake an extremely high level of participation.
It ain't about it being a factor in a read, it's about it being a factor to developing a read. He never dug into my posts 'cause he has no intention to figure me out. He's all right with using that early phony ping to keep me at a neutral read until the time when I'm not anymore.
Mongoose

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 2]

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:33 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:01 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:58 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:41 pm I don't like how Luna's voters aren't considering the matrix episode at all.
I misread the matrix at first as well. I haven't played this type of game in a couple of years. I agree it's worth considering, but I just can't believe a civ would have made the post I highlighted from Luna.
I also misread it. I was begging anyone early on in the game to explain how a matrix worked, so I didn't get it until literally the moment when i was posting such in the thread.

I've literally never seen matrix in a game before, so thought we used the whole 3x3 since they are nearly that many players (at the start anyway).
Mongoose, I am reading your ISO and didn't see any posts in the game where you are begging people to explain the matrix. Did I miss that? I'm worried that you maybe begged your partner in btsc to explain it to you.
it may have been the abbreviations I asked about instead. I didn't get the matrix until right around Luna did, which is why I believed her on that item. I still don't know what LYLO/MYLO stands for, but I think I know enough what it means. I figured out EOD easily enough, but there's the POE thing that I've still not managed to suss out that acronym. I figured out GTH means Go to Hell after I saw enough examples.

I'm still getting caught up on the thread, but I'm going to pause here for some yoga since I skipped yesterday.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I understand why, but I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned no lynch with us being at MyLo.
novaselinenever
Hitman

While the trimming down isn't an option 'cause there's a confirmed Town, it still gives us 100+ hours. Not that we need them lol.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I guess it could be a viable option for MyLo of next phase if we gets this lynch right.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:51 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:41 pm I don't like how Luna's voters aren't considering the matrix episode at all.
I misread the matrix at first as well. I haven't played this type of game in a couple of years. I agree it's worth considering, but I just can't believe a civ would have made the post I highlighted from Luna.
I also misread it. I was begging anyone early on in the game to explain how a matrix worked, so I didn't get it until literally the moment when i was posting such in the thread.

I've literally never seen matrix in a game before, so thought we used the whole 3x3 since they are nearly that many players (at the start anyway).
Mongoose, I am reading your ISO and didn't see any posts in the game where you are begging people to explain the matrix. Did I miss that? I'm worried that you maybe begged your partner in btsc to explain it to you.
it may have been the abbreviations I asked about instead. I didn't get the matrix until right around Luna did, which is why I believed her on that item. I still don't know what LYLO/MYLO stands for, but I think I know enough what it means. I figured out EOD easily enough, but there's the POE thing that I've still not managed to suss out that acronym. I figured out GTH means Go to Hell after I saw enough examples.

I'm still getting caught up on the thread, but I'm going to pause here for some yoga since I skipped yesterday.
Lynch or Lose
Mislynch and Lose
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:11 pm Point number 2 here is Sloonei making a point about Mongoose and llama. Below that is Mongoose's response.

Sloonei: "2. They've both expressed vague soft sort-of-suspicion of each other but not for a second has either one seriously pursued the other as a candidate"

Mongoose: "There were seemingly better candidates. I was far from the only person to suspect Luna. The game is young."

Mongoose, it may only be N2 but I think almost everyone has made the point that we (the civs) are now in a critical situation, and were in that critical situation before the Day 2 Lynch. One more lynched civ and the Mafia have won the game. Why would you use "The game is young" to explain why you haven't answered to llama's suspicions?
I am so used to side games (I don't think they are perhaps called this) and full games where it's not uncommon to have a slow build. This is literally the first heist I've ever played unless I played one many moons ago when they were new.

I probably meant to do a Luna iso/read and just ran out of time. That's been a real problem with a lot of things lately (not just mafia). I definitely owe you a Llama IsO/heavy read and I have not forgotten.

Linki Nova- Thank you!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks Mongoose I'll go back to your ISO and see what I can find. I do believe you didn't get the matrix until around the time that Luna did, it's one of the "new" things on the site. EOD means End Of Day. POE means Process of Elimination, meaning you identify who you think is town and whoever is left is bad (thats a short-hand version of what it is). GTH does not mean Go To Hell, it means Gun to Head.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

POE is Process of Elimination.

Or Edgar Allan.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:17 pm Ok, I didn't post any more points on Mongoose besides the final two because I was concentrating on the big picture. I don't like that she has let llama call her bad without standing up to him like she stood up to dunya. I'm worried about that post that looks like a slip but will wait for her to explain it. And I don't understand her comment about the game is young but will wait for her to explain it. I can at least conceive of a bad Mongoose but I don't have on my happy face while considering it.
I'm reticent to say this because it is going to make me look like an invertebrate, but I avoid poking the bear that is Llama unless I have really solid grounds. I'm not going to just poke him (Mac Style) unless I have something tangible. As we are flowing through the game, I haven't seen anything on its own that would make me do that, but that might very well be different with an ISO.

We've had a "dynamic past" with mafia games, where things can get pretty sour between us when we suspect each other in games (where it's made us fall out IRL for like a day), so I don't wrassle that beast without a serious arsenal of substance behind me.

linki - thanks, guys!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm Is Mongoose/Nova compatiblegh?

This makes me think we are on Love Connection or something
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Will start on p. 36 after some yoga
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:55 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:11 pm Point number 2 here is Sloonei making a point about Mongoose and llama. Below that is Mongoose's response.

Sloonei: "2. They've both expressed vague soft sort-of-suspicion of each other but not for a second has either one seriously pursued the other as a candidate"

Mongoose: "There were seemingly better candidates. I was far from the only person to suspect Luna. The game is young."

Mongoose, it may only be N2 but I think almost everyone has made the point that we (the civs) are now in a critical situation, and were in that critical situation before the Day 2 Lynch. One more lynched civ and the Mafia have won the game. Why would you use "The game is young" to explain why you haven't answered to llama's suspicions?
I am so used to side games (I don't think they are perhaps called this) and full games where it's not uncommon to have a slow build. This is literally the first heist I've ever played unless I played one many moons ago when they were new.

I probably meant to do a Luna iso/read and just ran out of time. That's been a real problem with a lot of things lately (not just mafia). I definitely owe you a Llama IsO/heavy read and I have not forgotten.

Linki Nova- Thank you!!
Thanks Mongoose I'll look forward to your llama read. I understand the time thing.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]thellama73[/mention] you've talked about nova most of the day. I'm interested in your reads on everybody else now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok ugh. Mongoose sounds so sincere to me. I will go back in her ISO and look for her to be begging people to explain something whether it's MYLO/LYLO or something else. I don't remember anything offhand but I need to look.

My brain is fried. I'm checking out and will start reading nova in the morning after I check Mongoose's ISO.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:05 pm Ok ugh. Mongoose sounds so sincere to me. I will go back in her ISO and look for her to be begging people to explain something whether it's MYLO/LYLO or something else. I don't remember anything offhand but I need to look.

My brain is fried. I'm checking out and will start reading nova in the morning after I check Mongoose's ISO.
This might be the reason you're still alive :p
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:05 pm Ok ugh. Mongoose sounds so sincere to me. I will go back in her ISO and look for her to be begging people to explain something whether it's MYLO/LYLO or something else. I don't remember anything offhand but I need to look.

Look through just the first few pages for it. If I have time, I'll find it later tonight when I'm done with this work out.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 pmNice.
Why is mac town now?
He ain't on my book, but he's the lighter red amongst my PoE. While I've been making fun of the plan he had, I'm having trouble seeing why a baddie mac would go through the effort of coming up with it. I also felt like our interactions after last night's flip were genuine, peeps laying it all down, going at it trying to solve the game. His reaction was all right when he got overwhelmed, so that's a plus. I'm disappointed though that he didn't come back to "destroy" us like he promised lol.
I spent the last two days doing a charity hackathon and then went to sleep and now I am at work. By the time I came back a lot of water had flowed under that bridge and I felt like me launching back into that same stuff without the context of the catch up (which I'm yet to complete) would be the height of idiocy.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:01 pm @thellama73 you've talked about nova most of the day. I'm interested in your reads on everybody else now.
I also talked a lot about Mongoose during the day. I am confident that she and Nova are bad. I agree that Juliets is a confirmed civ. I looked hard for evidence of you being bad and didn't find it. It is remotely possible that Mac is bad, but I don't believe he is. Everyone else is dead.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:01 pm @ you've talked about nova most of the day. I'm interested in your reads on everybody else now.
I also talked a lot about Mongoose during the day. I am confident that she and Nova are bad. I agree that Juliets is a confirmed civ. I looked hard for evidence of you being bad and didn't find it. It is remotely possible that Mac is bad, but I don't believe he is. Everyone else is dead.
Walk me through mac and mongoose reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sorry, I think this is dumb. Have you never played with a baddie Epignosis or a baddie MP? They drown the thread in posts when bad. I have seen talkative baddies too many times to clear someone because he has 300 posts. And I think the fact thta he keeps bringing it up is super lame, because it doesn't prove anything.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:42 pm

Sorry, I think this is dumb. Have you never played with a baddie Epignosis or a baddie MP? They drown the thread in posts when bad. I have seen talkative baddies too many times to clear someone because he has 300 posts. And I think the fact thta he keeps bringing it up is super lame, because it doesn't prove anything.
These people are not nova.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:42 pm

I brought it up once. Where are you getting "keep bringing it up"?
novaselinenever
Hitman

The other times I brought up the number of my post is about you not dinging into them and developing a read, not them having a bearing on my alignment.
novaselinenever
Hitman

But I case you don't care about that now, do you?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:11 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
Yes. Go read my ISO of Nova's interactions with Mongoose.
I did. It's good.
What about mine?
Your what?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:11 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
Yes. Go read my ISO of Nova's interactions with Mongoose.
I did. It's good.
What about mine?
Your what?
ISOs of llama and mongoose
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:01 pm @ you've talked about nova most of the day. I'm interested in your reads on everybody else now.
Okay, my Mongoose read is basically based around her being blendy for the whole game. No strong reads, no strong cases, lots of wishy-washiness, lots of excuses, and most of all an eagerness to please when called out. She has cited your wishes as a reason to "do better", which I find suspicious. She seems very eager to look good and play into expectations. She mentioned modifying her playstyle early on. I find that weird. I don't modify my playstyle. She has been coasting and failing to ruffle any feathers, even when she comes under suspicion. She plays more defense than offense, which I associate with baddies because saying "I'm not bad" is easier than making a fake case on someone you know to be good. Also, the tone of a few of her posts has seemed contrived and inauthentic to me.

As for Mac, it's the exact opposite. He came in guns a blazing, not afraid to throw out "I'm positive x is bad" reads all over the place. He appears to have no concern about drawing attention to himself or trying to cover himself should he turn out to be wrong about anything. He throws caution to the wind. A particularly bold and confident baddie could potentially pull this off, but it's incredibly hard to do convincingly. If his teammate is Nova, then he has an ability to conjure up fake outrage and energy that I have rarely seen. If he is bad, I think Mongoose is more likely to be his teammate for this reason.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:32 pm >Wasted her 1-shot
>Almost got lynched
>Got Killed immediately

The town confirm plan's gotta be the scam of the year lol.
This is such basic bitch logic. If we didn't get her outed she'd be priority lynch candidate and one of the other major town voices would be dead. We are in suuuuuch a better situation than that. Basic ass motherfucker.
My counter point would be we could have just believed her ya know. But that's an actually very good point, I'm impressed Mac.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:25 pm:haha:
Why do you keep belittling me like you're some Mafia savant?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 pm I brought it up once. Where are you getting "keep bringing it up"?
This is a lie, which you admit in the very next post.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:46 pm The other times I brought up the number of my post is about you not dinging into them and developing a read, not them having a bearing on my alignment.
Stop lying, liar.

novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:50 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:32 pm >Wasted her 1-shot
>Almost got lynched
>Got Killed immediately

The town confirm plan's gotta be the scam of the year lol.
This is such basic bitch logic. If we didn't get her outed she'd be priority lynch candidate and one of the other major town voices would be dead. We are in suuuuuch a better situation than that. Basic ass motherfucker.
My counter point would be we could have just believed her ya know. But that's an actually very good point, I'm impressed Mac.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:25 pm:haha:
Why do you keep belittling me like you're some Mafia savant?
I'm no mafia savant and I never intend to belittle, I'm sorry if you thought I was.

That laugh wasn't directed at you, it was me laughing because of the "Hurr durr" sarcastic comment of Llama. It was a pretty good come-back.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

///

This post divides the two sides of me. My cynical and angry side reads this is as the most strawman argument ever but then my sensitive vegan side reads it as genuine.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to bed, but I'm [VOTE: Mongoose] aubergine before I do.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:40 pm
Okay, my Mongoose read is basically based around her being blendy for the whole game. No strong reads, no strong cases, lots of wishy-washiness, lots of excuses, and most of all an eagerness to please when called out. She has cited your wishes as a reason to "do better", which I find suspicious. She seems very eager to look good and play into expectations. She mentioned modifying her playstyle early on. I find that weird. I don't modify my playstyle. She has been coasting and failing to ruffle any feathers, even when she comes under suspicion. She plays more defense than offense, which I associate with baddies because saying "I'm not bad" is easier than making a fake case on someone you know to be good. Also, the tone of a few of her posts has seemed contrived and inauthentic to me.

As for Mac, it's the exact opposite. He came in guns a blazing, not afraid to throw out "I'm positive x is bad" reads all over the place. He appears to have no concern about drawing attention to himself or trying to cover himself should he turn out to be wrong about anything. He throws caution to the wind. A particularly bold and confident baddie could potentially pull this off, but it's incredibly hard to do convincingly. If his teammate is Nova, then he has an ability to conjure up fake outrage and energy that I have rarely seen. If he is bad, I think Mongoose is more likely to be his teammate for this reason.
I'm having trouble turning my brain off. llama can you think of a game on this site where Mongoose was bad? I feel the need to see a comparison. Or a game where she was good - I can look to see if she is pounding out reads and making cases. You're right that she's blendy, and has an eagerness to please (which I associate strongly with Mongoose the person). I understand you associating playing more defense than offense with a baddie style but is it a Mongoose baddie style? I want to see that in action if possible.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”