Lunaflea
No votes
MacDoofus
No votes
novaselineevenifI'mstuck
No votes
speed#%&$
9%
Christina Ricci (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
55%

Total votes: 11
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: The Addams Family Mafia [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:29 am <snip>

Case Juliets: Quotes the post immediately following the DDL case but when Nova basically restates the DDL case, acts like this is new information. Votes DDL after momentum has turned so this comes across as fake.

Trust fall Juliets: Going to find a specific game where DDL did something that makes him look scummy here is not effort I expect to see from a goon that decides to bus late in the day.
Jack, I don't know how to explain it other than to tell you nova's to-the-point declarative style:
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:50 pm
His read on Jack is fake. His gripe with the Mac vote and the argument that followed are contrived.

coupled with the fact that I had just found a random vote crystalized the problem with DDL. The fact that I had begun to trust nova and he was so emphatic also helped me over the edge.

Going to read back some now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I think I'm going to add leetic to my clear list. I guess he could be bad and therefore knows luna is good therefore knows he can clear her but just as my logic went with Mac, it's risky to claim an ability that you don't have.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 30

Post by MacDougall »

I am gonna stick to my guns on speedchuck
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:52 pm Jackofhearts2005
juliets
leetic
Lunalee
Macdougall
novaselinever
speedchuck

Things we haven't looked at for everyone:
Read based on interactions with DDL
Read based on Sabie nightkill analysis

I'm mostly curious what you think anyone (besides Mac) has to gain from specifically killing Sabie?
speed, why is leetic so high on your list? I must have missed it in my read.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 177

Post by novaselinenever »

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:53 pm I think I'm going to add leetic to my clear list. I guess he could be bad and therefore knows luna is good therefore knows he can clear her but just as my logic went with Mac, it's risky to claim an ability that you don't have.
The two claims are nothing alike. You should read Community Leetic.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:18 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:53 pm I think I'm going to add leetic to my clear list. I guess he could be bad and therefore knows luna is good therefore knows he can clear her but just as my logic went with Mac, it's risky to claim an ability that you don't have.
Ok nova I will do that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 97

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:13 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:52 pm Jackofhearts2005
juliets
leetic
Lunalee
Macdougall
novaselinever
speedchuck

Things we haven't looked at for everyone:
Read based on interactions with DDL
Read based on Sabie nightkill analysis

I'm mostly curious what you think anyone (besides Mac) has to gain from specifically killing Sabie?
speed, why is leetic so high on your list? I must have missed it in my read.
That list is in alphabetical order.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm I am gonna stick to my guns on speedchuck
Do you have a secondary suspect?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Not really. I am in the weeds. Haven't really paid all that much attention at all. Only thing I am pretty sure of is my Lunalee civ read.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:32 pm Not really. I am in the weeds. Haven't really paid all that much attention at all. Only thing I am pretty sure of is my Lunalee civ read.
At this point that's share by most.

If you want easy things to give an opinion on...

What do you think of Leetic's claim?
What do you think of Nova's effort?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:32 pm Not really. I am in the weeds. Haven't really paid all that much attention at all. Only thing I am pretty sure of is my Lunalee civ read.
At this point that's share by most.

If you want easy things to give an opinion on...

What do you think of Leetic's claim?
What do you think of Nova's effort?
Relatively okay on both of them
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, Community Mafia was a different leetic. He did not beat around the bush much before claiming like he did here. What do you think about his response to you that he was in more danger in that game and that's why his claim was quicker?

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] lol, I did not notice those names were in alpha order. I thought you were giving a reads list. To your point in the post, I did go back and look at sable and just can't find a reason from what she said that she was nk'd. I don't know what to make of it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Ok, Community Mafia was a different leetic. He did not beat around the bush much before claiming like he did here. What do you think about his response to you that he was in more danger in that game and that's why his claim was quicker?

@speedchuck lol, I did not notice those names were in alpha order. I thought you were giving a reads list. To your point in the post, I did go back and look at sable and just can't find a reason from what she said that she was nk'd. I don't know what to make of it.
It's dishonest. The point against him is that Community Leetic showed reservation in claiming and didn't really consider it until it was necessary, here he's hinting at being a power role during the night without being asked to do so at all. He put a target on his back, then he stalled the claiming using the excuse "to not get killed" when what he did already managed that.

To top it all off, he hinted at his role to get a target for his action but ended up going with someone that wasn't suggested.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

That is a fair criticism.

It’s really weird that we had two PR claims but Sabie was killed.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:08 pm That is a fair criticism.

... weird mafia janitor thing?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:14 pm

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:02 pm

@speedchuck lol, I did not notice those names were in alpha order. I thought you were giving a reads list. To your point in the post, I did go back and look at sable and just can't find a reason from what she said that she was nk'd. I don't know what to make of it.
It's dishonest. The point against him is that Community Leetic showed reservation in claiming and didn't really consider it until it was necessary, here he's hinting at being a power role during the night without being asked to do so at all. He put a target on his back, then he stalled the claiming using the excuse "to not get killed" when what he did already managed that.

To top it all off, he hinted at his role to get a target for his action but ended up going with someone that wasn't suggested.
Oh ok, I didn't think he showed as much reservation in Community as you who was playing the game in real time with him. But you're right, he did let out that hint in this game at night when it wasn't necessary and then stalled saying he didn't want to be killed which is odd. And I appreciate your pointing out the Luna pick as being wonky. I didn't really focus on that at all. So, I'm not feeling as good about leetic as I was before.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Mafia Leetic kills Sabie. She flips as a vanilla civ and he gets her real role to himself. He claims that role.

Or something. It just popped into my head. What did Leetic claim, again?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jailer.

Meh, I dunno.

Didn't Leetic claim AFTER the Sabie kill? [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] I completely misinterpreted your post.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

I don't see how the two games were very different - in Community, I hinted at having a good role early on as well. And obviously I wasn't going to block Mac when he had a claim that could potentially be verified.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:23 pm Jailer.

Meh, I dunno.

Didn't Leetic claim AFTER the Sabie kill? Jackofhearts2005 I completely misinterpreted your post.
Leetic hinted at a power role in the night but didn't outright claim until the next day.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Mafia Leetic kills Sabie. She flips as a vanilla civ and he gets her real role to himself. He claims that role.

Or something. It just popped into my head. What did Leetic claim, again?
Thing is, there can only be three power roles in this game. So what you're saying is I somehow correctly guessed that Sabie had a power role when she gave no hints of having one, which would be a 1 in 7 chance in that scenario (if Mac's telling the truth). Yeah, that theory is nonsense.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Well, 1 in 6 chance but my point still stands.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

Yeah that theory is actually non sense lol. And the flip being altered is bastard territory.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Speed/Jack

Lynch them back to back, and voilà!
novaselinenever
Hitman

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:43 pm

I don't see how the two games were very different - in Community, I hinted at having a good role early on as well. And obviously I wasn't going to block Mac when he had a claim that could potentially be verified.
Eh, you only hinted when you were being pushed there. More cryptic as well, no "who's the most suspicious player" stuff
novaselinenever
Hitman

Or Juliets is playing is us all lol.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:51 pm Speed/Jack

Sure.

Coordinate night actions to verify Mac, and make sure Juliets and Nova are as good as they look. You should be able to do that in two day periods.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Sure.

Coordinate night actions to verify Mac, and make sure Juliets and Nova are as good as they look. You should be able to do that in two day periods.
I look wonderful :cloud9:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:30 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Sure.

I look wonderful :cloud9:
But ARE you
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I am :noble:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Juliets is the weakest link with her vote not being very pretty
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Speedchuck] aubergine

[mention]MacDougall[/mention]

Gimmie your walkie talkie.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I think nova would probably be the best target of a coordinated me and Mac, as we should target someone we're pretty sure is town as mafia might have reason to lie about having received the item.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:55 pm I think nova would probably be the best target of a coordinated me and Mac, as we should target someone we're pretty sure is town as mafia might have reason to lie about having received the item.
Mac should target a suspect.

If Mac targets me, there are 3 scenarios. Scum Mac. Scum Jack. Both town.

If Mac is scum, he must kill me or reduce POE to Jack/Mac. Both are good for the town.

If Jack is scum, I must confirm Mac or reduce POE to Jack/Mac. Both are good for the town.

If both are town, Mac gets confirmed or scum has to shoot Jack.

Basically, we artificially remove Mac or Jack, two of the most suspected players, from the POE.

The btsc isn’t even that important. After playing four games in the past year with btsc but no confirmation, it’s really not that special.
novaselinenever
Hitman

That's going to be real difficult.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:49 pm That's going to be real difficult.
Why? Mac targets me. Let Leetic target Juliets or Speed, whoever isn’t lynched.

That should remove at least 2 of the 4 top suspects.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:49 pm That's going to be real difficult.

'Cause looking at the poll, you're a dead man walking :noble:
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

That runs the risk of no one getting confirmed though as Epi didn't give a straight answer as to whether I could block the mafia kill. Thus, at least being able to clear someone would be a good step
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*3 of them or narrows POE to just Mac/Jack.

Assumes Leetic and Nova are town. Luna is basically confirmed town cause Leet would have to be bad and there aren’t two baddies.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm

So switch your vote to my suspect again.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

It’s probably just Speed anyway. He admitted my behavior isn’t like SHP but his case is that I’m bussing just like SHP.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:57 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm

So switch your vote to my suspect again.
:ohyeah:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Tell me why you're a townie, Jack.
novaselinenever
Hitman

25 words or less :p
novaselinenever
Hitman

Juliets, where are you at currently?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:04 pm Juliets, where are you at currently?
I haven't re-read speed so I need to see if there's anything there that would make me say he's town. (I will read him in the morning). With Jack, I see the DDL case argument but I'm concerned that he might have bussed given he's done it before early in a game. Not voting Mac today because we can see whether he's telling the truth after night two. I'm giving leetic the benefit of the doubt this round because if he is who he says he could be important to us tonight. I'm not voting you and Luna as stated previously.

tl;dr - for me it's between speed and Jack

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Jack didn't really have a DDL's case until very late. He highjacked Leetic's remark and DDL's own suspicion of him.

DDL was an already popular baddie read.
novaselinenever
Hitman

"Pretend vote" on DDL :ponder:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:23 pm Jack didn't really have a DDL's case until very late. He highjacked Leetic's remark and DDL's own suspicion of him.

DDL was an already popular baddie read.
ohhhhh I didn't think to compare the time lines when I looked at those two in isolation.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”