Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 0]

Post by novaselinenever »

:shifty:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Talk to me about Dunya, Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:45 pm Talk to me about Dunya, Jay.
She looks fine so far. She didn't want to be relevant this game, and still ended up letting a little through the cracks when so instigated -- an urge I know well.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm offended. you just talkin out your ass

Love or leave her, yellow fever
Sure, it's all in the game
And who are you
Just another scurvy brother
You zombie
Be born again my friend
Won't you sign in stranger
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:48 pm

And who are you
You zombie
Be born again my friend
nice shtick
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:49 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:48 pm

And who are you
You zombie
Be born again my friend
nice shtick
is this one o' them pet theories you wanna test out on me bc this would be a counterexample my friend

Hot licks and rhetoric
Don't count much for nothing
Be glad if you can use what you borrow
So I pawn my crown
For a ride uptown
And buy it back tomorrow
Throw back the little ones
And pan-fry the big ones
Use tact, poise and reason
And gently squeeze them
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 pm is this one o' them pet theories you wanna test out on me bc this would be a counterexample my friend
I don't need a pet theory. You're nutella in a well-paced Day 0, and you're doing nothing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

Why do gimmics though
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:52 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 pm is this one o' them pet theories you wanna test out on me bc this would be a counterexample my friend
I don't need a pet theory. You're nutella in a well-paced Day 0, and you're doing nothing.
Pace my ass yall are just spitting out random takes there has been no actual discussion

You zombie
Be born again my friend
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:53 pm Pace my ass yall are just spitting out random takes there has been no actual discussion
Oh hell no. You're way bad. There's no way you believe that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:53 pm Why do gimmics though
I'm literally just doing this bc I like the band and enjoy hearing the songs in my head k

I'll learn to work the saxophone
I'll play just what I feel

:sax:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:54 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:53 pm Pace my ass yall are just spitting out random takes there has been no actual discussion
Oh hell no. You're way bad. There's no way you believe that.
I do though. Also I just haven't spent enough time in the thread to develop anything from what little interaction there has been. Sorry I've been doing other things in my life :shrug: Trying to save up my energy for the championship I guess.

Your everlasting summer
You can see it fading fast
So you grab a piece of something
That you think is gonna last
But you wouldn't know a diamond
If you held it in your hand
The things you think are precious
I can't understand
Are you reelin' in the years
Stowin' away the time
Are you gatherin' up the tears
Have you had enough of mine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I noticed that juliets posted an early reads list in Addams Family (mafia-aligned), and decided to compare it with the one she gave today.

Steely Dan:

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:37 am So this was too time consuming not having the ISO links. Epi implies that we're going to need to do them if we want them. Also dunya I usually don't form impressions this early in a game unless I have strong feelings, and I only have strong feelings about one person. I'll try though, see below:

Ok so three people so far think speed is bad but I can't tell anything from "Hey guys". I don't even have a lean on him.

Matahari - I can't tell anything from her post either. Need more, no leans.

lee tic - I agree with what someone (nova?) said about leetic's post, it seemed honest and upfront. I didn't see it as slank cover like Jay did. Lean good.

nutella - I don't see why she thinks my post was spicy but she often jumps on things early that others are questioning. I lean good.

kites - seems comfortable and posts sound natural. I lean good.

Neverwhere - I only see the one post about the poll. I don't have a lean on her yet.

dunya - Jumps in and starts analyzing and asking questions. Caveat, I only know good dunya but I do lean good here.

DDL - I haven't seen anything yet that convinces me he is good but I can't say I've seen anything bad yet either. His comment about Jay and nova being confusing was...confusing but not necessarily indicative of alignment. I need more time with him.

tons of linki

Addams Family:

juliets wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:51 pm That's fair. If you had to comment on each player's entrance, what would your thoughts be?
I can't really make a good read off of one post but I didn't see anything I really didn't like or thought was off, though there were some I didn't understand. I'll go one by one though:

nova - your post "hello" looked fine to me though I would expect someone to bring up the emoji scum tell.
Mac - I don't know what "I'm ready to fudge" means but I figure its probably just some Aussie slang for "ready to go".
leetic - his post made me smile, I'm glad the depression is better. No problems with his entrance.
Jack - pictures of Wednesday with instruments of death. Not sure what this means other than maybe role hinting. Maybe he just means let's get us a baddie. Did not make me suspicious of him.
sable - looked like typical sable to me, so looked fine.
speedchuck - "nova is scum" too early for me to believe this is real but seems in line with the way we play these days and your GTH pre-entrance thing which I kind of got a kick out of.
DDL - talked of drinking the potion and liked the story. Didn't see anything wrong with this post either.
Luna - just got here, read nothing yet. It was typical Luna and I didn't see a problem.

So, not much there in the first posts for me - what about you? What did you think of the first posts.

Similarity: neither of them feature any mafia reads or bad leans.

Difference: the Addams Family version did not feature clear stances; they had to be inferred. This time she did a better job on that front.

I'll say it's a net positive.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also bc I had a ton of fun with my Beatles curse in GOC trying to choose songs that were relevant to the concepts of my posts lol

Give her some funked up music, she treats you nice
Feed her some hungry reggae, she'll love you twice
The girls don't seem to care tonight
As long as the mood is right
No static at all
(No static, no static at all)
F.M.
(No static at all)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:56 pm I do though. Also I just haven't spent enough time in the thread to develop anything from what little interaction there has been. Sorry I've been doing other things in my life :shrug: Trying to save up my energy for the championship I guess.
You just told me that there has been no actual discussion. That's bullshit. A civilian nutella does not struggle to form some perspectives in a Day 0 that has already amassed 260 posts.

I have almost 70 posts and have dedicated a number of them to attacking you. Take a stance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also, I'm not limiting myself to only posting in lyrics, I'm just limiting myself by making a little challenge for myself every time I post something which may limit my overall volume of content but I'm still saying stuff. Basically get off my ass :meany:

Agents of the law
Luckless pedestrian
I know you're out there
With rage in your eyes and your megaphones
Saying all is forgiven
Mad dog surrender
How can I answer
A man of my mind can do anything
I'm a bookkeeper's son
I don't want to shoot no one
Well I crossed my old man back in Oregon
Don't take me alive
Got a case of dynamite
I could hold out here all night
Yes I crossed my old man back in Oregon
Don't take me alive
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:03 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:56 pm I do though. Also I just haven't spent enough time in the thread to develop anything from what little interaction there has been. Sorry I've been doing other things in my life :shrug: Trying to save up my energy for the championship I guess.
You just told me that there has been no actual discussion. That's bullshit. A civilian nutella does not struggle to form some perspectives in a Day 0 that has already amassed 260 posts.

I have almost 70 posts and have dedicated a number of them to attacking you. Take a stance.
I have taken stances. Nova town. Speed bad (not sure if I still think that). Add to that you are town, juliets, luna, and mac are on notice. Call that salad, see if I care. I don't even know who all is playing bc the thread has been so lacklustre.

Before the fall when they wrote it on the wall
When there wasn't even any Hollywood
They heard the call
And they wrote it on the wall
For you and me we understood
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:04 pmbut I'm still saying stuff.
What are you saying?

That's the problem. I don't see anything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Maybe if you quit running your mouth for five seconds now that I'm finally devoting more than five seconds at a time to the thread :shrug2:

Did you feel like Jesus?
Did you realize
That you were a champion in their eyes?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also when has anyone ever cared what your post count is
quit being such a parody of yourself

Who are these strangers who pass through the door?
Who cover your action and go you one more?
If you're feeling lucky you best not refuse
It's your game the rules are your own win or lose
Throw out your gold teeth and see how they roll
The answer they reveal, life is unreal
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:09 pm Maybe if you quit running your mouth for five seconds now that I'm finally devoting more than five seconds at a time to the thread :shrug2:
Familiar faces that ain't smilin' like before
The time of our time has come and gone
I fear we been waiting too long

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:12 pm Also when has anyone ever cared what your post count is
quit being such a parody of yourself
The point was that I personally had a ton of content to be judged, and you were telling me there'd been no discussion. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

I call bullshit Nutella.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

I'm aiming to have Day 1 start around 5pm EST tomorrow. Hope that's cool.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

First you say this:
And then you say this:
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:06 pm
I have taken stances. Nova town. Speed bad (not sure if I still think that). Add to that you are town, juliets, luna, and mac are on notice. Call that salad, see if I care. I don't even know who all is playing bc the thread has been so lacklustre.
So if you haven't spent enough time in the thread to develop anything where did these reads come from? Also what do you mean I am "on notice". On notice for what?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Off to work.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:06 pm Speed bad (not sure if I still think that).
did his drugged state make him seem good? cos i gotta admit, i liked drugged up speed. jokes aside, what has made you decide you're not sure if you still think that?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:02 am I'm aiming to have Day 1 start around 5pm EST tomorrow. Hope that's cool.
does that mean days end at 5pm EST? cos if they do, ily forever and ever more.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:12 am DDL town
Juliets town
Nova town
dunya town

because you know I always have to town read you on day 0. It's just a thing now.
i have to scum read you then change my mind and defend you so passionately everyone thinks i have tmi and they come for my head. it's a thing now.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:35 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:28 pm I am here! May not be the most active for the next couple days, but I'll see what I can do.
Matahari wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:09 pm Oh my. I love this day 0 herd culling. So different from the ancient days of mafia when everyone struggled for something to say on day 0 and the few aggressive people wound up getting lynched on days that followed. Now everyone can be aggressive and the mafia can blend in.

But this a holiday so I’ll be back later tonight to say things that can be overanalyzed. Happy GoT day everyone!
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:57 pm I’m here guys, but I have a part do tomorrow night, so my first couple days might be a bit sparse. I’m going to try though!
Evil lurks in this pile.
eh (lackluster).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i liked the attitude she gave you when she was online last night. she could have avoided you. i didn't like her lack of focus on content, but i'm not one to talk about that. plus 48hr day 0s inspire less effort, couple that with easter weekend and people have families... eh. in fact, i do think scum nutella would have tried to avoid a jay-confrontation on day 0.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:06 pm I have taken stances. Nova town. Speed bad (not sure if I still think that). Add to that you are town, juliets, luna, and mac are on notice. Call that salad, see if I care. I don't even know who all is playing bc the thread has been so lacklustre.
i checked your iso and didn't see any stances taken before this post. i don't know why you think speed was ever bad. why is nova town. why is jay town. why are luna and mac on notice specifically? i can't even recall a single thing mac has said beyond checking in? the only post you made where i could see an opinion on any player was your quote of nova re: juliets (the infamous "ohhhh sppppiCCCYYY") which implies you saw juliets in a possibly negative light, but it is speed you thought/think is bad.

i liked the fire you spat at jay, but i don't like this nutella post.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kites wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:37 pm so far I don’t think much about things. dunya made a big deal (http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 88#p529288) out of J’s reads that he seemingly made on a whim, frustrated at the lack of content,
what is your opinion on dunya?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:25 am eh (lackluster).
You're nicer than I am. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 ameh. in fact, i do think scum nutella would have tried to avoid a jay-confrontation on day 0.
I don't think nutella would try to squirm away from me yelling about her and at her in any alignment. Indeed, the only way I cannot change my mind is if someone doesn't engage with me at all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:56 am
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 ameh. in fact, i do think scum nutella would have tried to avoid a jay-confrontation on day 0.
I don't think nutella would try to squirm away from me yelling about her and at her in any alignment. Indeed, the only way I cannot change my mind is if someone doesn't engage with me at all.
I've encountered the opposite with a lot of players but i think this is pretty accurated ragarding jay

lot of people think 'town' if you just shut up for a while
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

jay is not like that in caser that wasn't clear
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy
dunya
juliets
Kites
novaselinenever
speedchuck

Long Con
reywaS

Elochin
Jackofhearts2005
leetic
Lunalee
MacDougall
Matahari
Neverwhere
nijuukyugou
nutella
Spacedaisy

Shine brighter, civilians.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:54 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:48 pm It's actually so shit that I'm asking you if you believe it.

Hint - I don't think you do 'cause you bad.
Pretending you think a non-believed read is itself bad, thus you bad
😒
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:40 am Speed is bad. No doubt about that in my mind.
Regardless of alignment. :grin:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kites wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 am hi guys ! i haven’t played ina while :: :dark:
Hi, Kites. :)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 am
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:26 am In checking!

Fun having!

Skimmed 2 pages in which JJJ analyzes stuff like "hey guys" and "hi and goodnight" and assigning each entry a different alignment sticker. I'm laughing.
Implied discredit, and implied ignorance that entry posts can be read for tone even if generally featuring similar appearances, bad
I think I know all about reading tone. I literally do not see different tones in these:
Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:49 pm Hi. And goodnight.
speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:52 pmHey guys
You called Matrahari good and speedchuck bad. I can even lump leetic in here, but he was wordy and gave excuses so I won't for the sake of consistency. What do you have to base Matahari's intro off of to call it a good look? Iirc you said she seems like she doesn't care? How does she not care? How does speedchuck look like he >does< care? I do not agree that you can read into tone in these two posts beyond "speed is always bad so let's start him off as bad" and I want to give Matahari civ credit because I want to. I wasn't convinced, even for Day 0 Jay-level-shit flinging and I'm gonna say what I see.
If Jay doesn’t come back to this with a Dunya scumread or something about the reads being for a reaction, I will eat my hat.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:52 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:08 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:03 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:55 am Why cut me slack there, DDL?
Why not? Gotta consider all the possible explanations for things.
Did it help you to derive a stance on my alignment?
Not really.
That’s because you exonerated me before I had to answer to the accusation. That’s never going to get anywhere.
Implying I wanted to make an accusation out of it.
The bolded part sounds a bit like an accusation. The italicized sounds like a soft defence to the accusation.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:52 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:51 am What do you think this setup looks like?
Haven't the slightest clue. At 19, 15 vs 4 would be the closest to a raw balance. Independents change that though, as do the roles which could be anything. Who knows
I've seen you do more detailed analysis with similar levels of scarce info.

Though we did give you shit last time you did it so I get if you don't wanna do it again.
In a vacuum, there is a lot of junk unless you empty it regularly.

Also in a vacuum, I see the second post as not w/w indicative. Scum Jay doesn’t need an excuse to not do things so his teammate doesn’t need to give him that excuse.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:46 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:41 pm nova’s entry post was empty, timid shite
Do you believe that?
Wrong answer, “does Jay really suspect me gooooooooooo”
I don't understand this post. What does "goooooooooooo" mean?
It’s like when you score a point in soccerball.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:38 am
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:06 pm I have taken stances. Nova town. Speed bad (not sure if I still think that). Add to that you are town, juliets, luna, and mac are on notice. Call that salad, see if I care. I don't even know who all is playing bc the thread has been so lacklustre.
i checked your iso and didn't see any stances taken before this post. i don't know why you think speed was ever bad. why is nova town. why is jay town. why are luna and mac on notice specifically? i can't even recall a single thing mac has said beyond checking in? the only post you made where i could see an opinion on any player was your quote of nova re: juliets (the infamous "ohhhh sppppiCCCYYY") which implies you saw juliets in a possibly negative light, but it is speed you thought/think is bad.

i liked the fire you spat at jay, but i don't like this nutella post.
I called nova town and speed bad in my first post to throw out my impressions from the posts up to that point. So those were the previous stances, before the juliets/Mac thing came up which I found an intriguing possibility (the implication that they're teammates. So I'm keeping a close eye on both of them. As
for Luna, well she only has a couple posts and they didn't feel the most natural (as Jay pointed out she kinda overjustified her d0 vote).

The comparison you draw between my speed and juliets mentions is unfair. Speed was an early gut suspect. Like, early early. I'm giving him a chance to say what he can (in his state lol). Juliets I am keeping an eye on because of a strange thing nova pointed out that may tie her to Mac, and I don't see anything inspiring from Mac so that is on the table imo.

You tell yourself you're not my kind
But you don't even know your mind
And you could have a change of heart
Rikki don't lose that number
You don't want to call nobody else
Send it off in a letter to yourself
Rikki don't lose that number
It's the only one you own
You might use it if you feel better
When you get home
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am Yay I love tearing apart silly "fishing for reaction" day 0 arguments.
😒

I caught you the last time we played together with D0/D1 reaction fishing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:19 am
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 am
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:26 am In checking!

Fun having!

Skimmed 2 pages in which JJJ analyzes stuff like "hey guys" and "hi and goodnight" and assigning each entry a different alignment sticker. I'm laughing.
Implied discredit, and implied ignorance that entry posts can be read for tone even if generally featuring similar appearances, bad
I think I know all about reading tone. I literally do not see different tones in these:
Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:49 pm Hi. And goodnight.
speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:52 pmHey guys
You called Matrahari good and speedchuck bad. I can even lump leetic in here, but he was wordy and gave excuses so I won't for the sake of consistency. What do you have to base Matahari's intro off of to call it a good look? Iirc you said she seems like she doesn't care? How does she not care? How does speedchuck look like he >does< care? I do not agree that you can read into tone in these two posts beyond "speed is always bad so let's start him off as bad" and I want to give Matahari civ credit because I want to. I wasn't convinced, even for Day 0 Jay-level-shit flinging and I'm gonna say what I see.
It’s in the punctuation and the goodnight. Matahari made it clear in three words that 1) she is here, and 2) she isn’t going to say anything. And I don’t think she looks concerned with the repercussions.

speed’s was generic.
Guess I need to preheat the oven.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:24 am
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:53 am
juliets wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:52 am
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:46 am
juliets wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:38 am Dragon D. Luffy I hate to belabor the point but I'm lost as to why you find Jay and nova's back and forth as confusing. To me it was basically "ur bad" "no ur bad" "see, ur bad" "see, ur bad" etc. What did I miss that was confusing?
hmmm.
What does "hmmm" mean here?
I don't really think Jay thinks nova is bad.
I don't think nova is bad.
Never mind.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:27 am dunya griping about my reads being fake is the worst thing in this thread. She knows me better than that.
Yeah never mind.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 177

Post by Lunalee »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 am
Lunalee wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:12 am DDL town
Juliets town
Nova town
dunya town

because you know I always have to town read you on day 0. It's just a thing now.
i have to scum read you then change my mind and defend you so passionately everyone thinks i have tmi and they come for my head. it's a thing now.
:haha: love you dunya
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss