Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 pm came back in to witness EoD and bam, things have changed. I will not catch up before the end. What did Mac do?
he pocketed too many people. namely me, ddl and jay. did not have any suspicions or doubts where we're concerned. comes off extremely tmi and fake.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 177

Post by Lunalee »

between Mac and nutella, I think I'd rather see Mac lynched.
[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
Luna's Wins/Losses
Spoiler: show
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Instructor just asked me a question I was not listening to, and I managed to b/s an answer. :goofp:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

shit i gtg. stay on mac fine folks
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm This is the dumbest conversation in EOD history. Is juliets bad or not?
no. and even if she was, we'd need more than 8 minutes to process this claim. she isn't being lynched today.
How long do you need to process claims?

10-12 business days? I hear that’s standard.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:55 pm Instructor just asked me a question I was not listening to, and I managed to b/s an answer. :goofp:
Lol good.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Um. I just got home from work. I haven’t read but the mentions I got notifications for. There is no way I’ll catch up in 15 minutes. or ever at this rate
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Kites »

stump isn’t a very common role is it? i’m not 100% convinced by juliets’ claim because i imagine it’s relatively safe to claim by mafia but it’s good enough for now
also i’m still confused what the deal with juliets, daisy and jack was and i’m not gonna even ask, gonna read that bit again tomorrow when im not tired as shit
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Mac’s town cause Juliets and Daisy are mafia. Daisy now voting Mac after her for show vote on Juliets and saying she townread Mac. Oh well I tried.
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Kites »

lurkers start appearing near eod :ponder:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

I hate to see all this stirring up here at the end. Daisy says she is voting Mac b/c she is sleep deprived and annoyed and "I hope you're right Jay" but Jay is on neverwhere and not Mac. WTF people. we had 24 hours to work this out. switching around at the last damn minute usually is a mafia thing trying to get voted away from their team, am I right?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

so much linki, I pushed through
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Kites wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:57 pm stump isn’t a very common role is it? i’m not 100% convinced by juliets’ claim because i imagine it’s relatively safe to claim by mafia but it’s good enough for now
also i’m still confused what the deal with juliets, daisy and jack was and i’m not gonna even ask, gonna read that bit again tomorrow when im not tired as shit
it is a true claim. I never would have thought to make it up because I've only seen it once that I recall, a long time ago.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm I hate to see all this stirring up here at the end. Daisy says she is voting Mac b/c she is sleep deprived and annoyed and "I hope you're right Jay" but Jay is on neverwhere and not Mac. WTF people. we had 24 hours to work this out. switching around at the last damn minute usually is a mafia thing trying to get voted away from their team, am I right?
Where were people voting before, Eloh? I hate CFDs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kites wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm lurkers start appearing near eod :ponder:
shit, just coming in to see the host post and wrap up the day and it is sheer chaos. this is how mafia win folks. SMH
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Kites wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm lurkers start appearing near eod :ponder:
If only I’d been actually lurking, I’d know more of what was happening :p

Hi, Kites! We haven’t met, I don’t believe.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

nijuukyugou wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm I hate to see all this stirring up here at the end. Daisy says she is voting Mac b/c she is sleep deprived and annoyed and "I hope you're right Jay" but Jay is on neverwhere and not Mac. WTF people. we had 24 hours to work this out. switching around at the last damn minute usually is a mafia thing trying to get voted away from their team, am I right?
Where were people voting before, Eloh? I hate CFDs.
mostly nutella, some luna
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jay presented a case for Mac being bad that had some good points, but he also brought up earlier in EOD that we could default to an inactive player which in this case is Neverwhere. He elected to do that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm fine with a Mac lynch.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I’ll go nutella, then, simply because she has more votes besides Mac, and because Mac votes are apparently last minute, which, as you’ve said, is usually a mafia move.

Sorry, y’all - it’s been such a long time since I last played that I’m not used to checking or thinking about checking the thread.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Oh my god, I just saw the host option - I’m down for getting Michael McDonald. Ewwwww
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:01 pm
Jay presented a case for Mac being bad that had some good points, but he also brought up earlier in EOD that we could default to an inactive player which in this case is Neverwhere. He elected to do that.
that's fine, but goodness, it stresses me out. I have been involved all day back and forth reading and staying caught up. what is the point of even being here throughout the day. I might as well just come in the last hour and read 10 posts and vote. it makes the whole day a pointless waste of my time. I hate mafia these days.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Matahari »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:44 pm everyone should vote for whoever THEY feel is the best lynch, not because someone told them to vote for someone. please make sure you're happy with where your vote is. if everyone played that way, there'd be more satisfactory lynches.

linki: what? did you even play on rym? we always had fakeclaims. i gave fake claims in Gossip Girl, even.
I was going to post something about this. I didn’t change my vote because someone asked me to, not sure about others, but I have a list of question marks about more players than I expected. A lot of shit questions. My only thing about Mac was that he posted differently in GG, where he was town. Some questions about others are even weaker. I want my vote somewhere where it isn’t wasted but I wish I felt surer about anyone than I do about everyone. Will post my list tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:05 pm
that's fine, but goodness, it stresses me out. I have been involved all day back and forth reading and staying caught up. what is the point of even being here throughout the day. I might as well just come in the last hour and read 10 posts and vote. it makes the whole day a pointless waste of my time. I hate mafia these days.
Everything leads to this point. There is purpose in all of it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Neverwhere] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

I'm pretty cool with any of these lynches and don't feel like going over them in detail right now
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:05 pm
Everything leads to this point. There is purpose in all of it.
I don't agree. I feel like I wasted my day staying caught up.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 141

Post by nutella »

Jay is right eloh. The Mac lynch didn't spring up suddenly at the end. It's been in the works for at least a few hours.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

Which number should we spin first?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes

Voters: None

dunya
No votes

Elochin
No votes

Jackofhearts2005
No votes

JaggedJimmyJay
No votes

juliets
No votes

Kites
No votes

leetic
No votes

Long Con
No votes

Lunalee
No votes

MacDougall
42%

Voters: Long Con, Spacedaisy, dunya, Kites, Matahari, Lunalee, nutella, juliets

Matahari
No votes

Neverwhere
16%

Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, Jackofhearts2005, speedchuck

nijuukyugou
No votes

novaselinenever
No votes

nutella
26%

Voters: Elohcin, Dragon D. Luffy, MacDougall, novaselinenever, nijuukyugou

reywaS
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

speedchuck
No votes

Michael McDonald (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
16%

Voters: Sloonei, M Plus 7, Epignosis

Total votes: 19
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

Donald Fagen and Walter Becker looked at Mac.

They didn't think it made any sense for this song to make the cut.

So it was cut.

MacDougall has been cut.
Pretzel Logic
Where did you get those shoes?

You got them from the guy that got lynched that Day, right? Each Night, you will use the lynched number’s ability. It may not make any sense, but you aren’t joking, son.

You are mafia and win when you outnumber the civilians.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to submit your PMs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Neat. Let's rally around that result and allow the nerves to settle a bit, eh?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

another reason you can't do this crap, JJJ, is b/c of time zones. it is very disrespectful to those across the pond. Mac may be bad, and if so....good for those voters, praise be. But if not, that poor man had no way to defend himself b/c the thread decided to change things up on him while he was asleep. this is why we have 24 hours to discuss, so that everyone can be involved WHEN THEY ARE AWAKE. Voting someone while they are asleep and not giving them time to rebuttle is horrible.

linki...okay, he was mafia. my point still stands.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JJJ, GREAT job casing!!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:15 pm another reason you can't do this crap, JJJ, is b/c of time zones. it is very disrespectful to those across the pond. Mac may be bad, and if so....good for those voters, praise be. But if not, that poor man had no way to defend himself b/c the thread decided to change things up on him while he was asleep. this is why we have 24 hours to discuss, so that everyone can be involved WHEN THEY ARE AWAKE. Voting someone while they are asleep and not giving them time to rebuttle is horrible.

I can't help where people live. I will pursue a lynch of my top suspect. Expecting anything else of me is way less fair than lynching someone who isn't here at the deadline.

I do not apologize for that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:16 pm JJJ, GREAT job casing!!
Team effort. Props to the voters.

Now find the busser. :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

can you tell I am angry? Mafia makes me so angry these days. I hate the way it is played. I am so angry, I don't even care we got a mafia on day 1. y'all upset me. I am going to cool off.
linki - busser = jay according to daisy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I knew it was Mac all along. I was just testing ya’ll.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alriiiight nice.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:18 pm can you tell I am angry? Mafia makes me so angry these days. I hate the way it is played. I am so angry, I don't even care we got a mafia on day 1. y'all upset me. I am going to cool off.
Jay’s not the busser. Daisy’s not the busser.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Luna. LC, daisy, mata also candidates.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:18 pm can you tell I am angry? Mafia makes me so angry these days. I hate the way it is played. I am so angry, I don't even care we got a mafia on day 1. y'all upset me. I am going to cool off.
Seriously, I am sorry that my methods bother you so much. Really, I wish I could be less abrasive/persistent/ruthless and still have any success or even fun as a player. You're not the only one that feels that way.

I recognize that the advent of this play coincides quite a lot with my time on the site. Obviously I am not the only engine behind it, but I am a big one. I don't really know what to do about it, because if I play your way there's a good chance I will be the one hating Mafia.

Someday I will get lynched when I am not around.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I haven't read most of the discussion but I probably agree with Eloh's point about EoDs.

Maybe doing most of the gameplay in the last hour is an effective way at catching mafia. It still makes the game less fun.

I'm saying as someone who considered quitting mafia in this site after the last game because I'm now having college classes during the time most EoDs happen. Which, based on Syndicate meta, would make me unable to play anymore.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Just move to different timezones.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Only about 10% of this thread is anything "EOD".

What are we doing here? Are we playing a game or having a casual chat?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:30 pm Only about 10% of this thread is anything "EOD".

Right now I'm having a casual chat. Deal with it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:30 pm Only about 10% of this thread is anything "EOD".

I meant that question in the biggest sense. What is the purpose of this game thread, and why are we in it?

It's rhetorical.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also it didn't all happen in the last hour. This d1 has had a fairly average progression from my point of view. Like it sucks for Mac that he wasn't around but that's just how the game goes.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:33 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:32 pm

I meant that question in the biggest sense. What is the purpose of this game thread, and why are we in it?

It's rhetorical.
My problem is that most people seem to avoid the game thread until the last two hours, when they start playing and posting and voting. People don't even take wagons seriously until they start considering their votes in those last two hours.

I'm not sure if that has happened in this game but it has happened quite often in past ones.

And yes, it is an invitation for people who can't be online at EoD not to play games. I'm trying to figure out if there is a correlation between that and the fact his site has difficulty getting new users.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 198

Post by Spacedaisy »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:15 pm another reason you can't do this crap, JJJ, is b/c of time zones. it is very disrespectful to those across the pond. Mac may be bad, and if so....good for those voters, praise be. But if not, that poor man had no way to defend himself b/c the thread decided to change things up on him while he was asleep. this is why we have 24 hours to discuss, so that everyone can be involved WHEN THEY ARE AWAKE. Voting someone while they are asleep and not giving them time to rebuttle is horrible.

Elo, I am the only one who voted Mac against my gut because of Jay. Many of these votes moved as a natural result of Juliets claim. There was not some big CFD that occurred out of nowhere. This was just normal game play. I’ve been feeling pretty uncertain all day long with my reads flipping all over the place. You can’t honestly expect that people won’t sometimes change their minds or do unexpected things close to EOD sometimes.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 198

Post by Spacedaisy »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Luna. LC, daisy, mata also candidates.
I was the vote that put Mac over the top and I’m a busser? I thought I was going to be the last one too honestly.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”