Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:48 am
Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 amWhy niju? You opinions of baddies seem to be jumping arround. Have you played with niju lately? This is normal.
Click here
Yeah, sorry. I shouldn't have asked. I was reading backwards. Never done that before and probably won't again. Doesn't work for me.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 am I think LC and niju would be easy targets for mafia. Honestly, I think they are civs who just aren't paying attention to a damn thing. They are the kind of civs this game that keep civs from winning.

I'm going to be working most of today. I'll probably only be back come Day 2
Why do you think they’re civs?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Talkin to myself, apparently.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am
Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 am I think LC and niju would be easy targets for mafia. Honestly, I think they are civs who just aren't paying attention to a damn thing. They are the kind of civs this game that keep civs from winning.

I think they would be here and paying more attention if they were bad. Niju would be making at least one meaningful post. She would be trying instead of forgetting. I have been in her shoes - civ, busy, and forgetting I am even playing mafia. I have never forgotten I am playing when I am mafia. LC is one of the syndicate's original hard core players. Maybe things have changed for him, but I don't think he would sign up to play and be this lazy if he were bad.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

sorry, I was getting coffee and what not. I do have to go soon and get to work.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ebwop *one meaningful post a day* That is how niju plays when she is paying attention. she comes in once a day, takes it all in and gives a meaningful post and then is out.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I want to hear more from chuck today. Are you off your meds man?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:14 am sorry, I was getting coffee and what not. I do have to go soon and get to work.
:puppy:

:omg: :omg: :omg:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 am I want to hear more from chuck today. Are you off your meds man?
I wanna hear the names of some of your recent scumgames.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am

I think they would be here and paying more attention if they were bad. Niju would be making at least one meaningful post. She would be trying instead of forgetting. I have been in her shoes - civ, busy, and forgetting I am even playing mafia. I have never forgotten I am playing when I am mafia. LC is one of the syndicate's original hard core players. Maybe things have changed for him, but I don't think he would sign up to play and be this lazy if he were bad.
I’ve been hearing since I joined that you have this meta of being more involved as scum. I’ve not seen this pattern from most other players.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Night 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’d be interested to know who your own suspects are, Elohcin.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

My involvement is directly related to the amount of work I have. This week, I have two cupcake orders and that is all. I can be involved.

I couldn't even tell you the games I was bad in. Once I am out of the game, the name of the game is gone from my head. I didn't even remember the name of the Gossip Girl game I brought up, I just remembered the way I was treated. If you notice, it was Dunya that mentioned the title as she was the host. I have too many RL things to remember to keep mafia details in my head.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 am I’d be interested to know who your own suspects are, Elohcin.
I will have these to you before I go to bed tonight. I really gotta go get to work. I am pressure washing the back deck and the house trim today and I need to get it done before it gets too hot outside. I'm doing it this week b/c less cake work, Epi is home for spring break to be with the kids, and I was able to borrow the pressure washer machine.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:41 pm jay was the one who instigated that lynch.
ahem, excuse you. :meany:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

re: Elohcin's outburst. i will say that i have talked to her extensively about mafia over discord pms whenever i'd nag her to sign up to a game. sometimes i felt offended because i felt like her strong (very strong) dislike of towards the game of mafia coincides with my appearance to this particular mafia world. and i am part of the "new crowd" who brought about with us "new habits". but it's not her fault she can't enjoy this game, just as it's not my fault i can't enjoy mafia if i don't give it a full effort. elohcin doesn't strike me as someone who exaggerates anger in that way. at all. for what motive? no gain. i don't want to call her a civilian for it either, but i'm trying to make it completely nai for me especially when i have seen her frustrations with this game gradually rise this past year.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

unpopular opinion: i don't think that end of day clears jay. i don't care if he "cased" mac. he did a lot of other things that trigger me. i'll do my own little jay/mac analysis and explain some nagging thoughts at some point tonight. i need to do it for myself as much as anyone else.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 am I want to hear more from chuck today. Are you off your meds man?
I am. mostly. :p I'll be around some today.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

Oh. Hm. I'm being suspected because of Mac.

Dunno why. Looked like he was setting me up as a fall-man to me. Mac isn't THAT bad at distancing, good golly.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 am unpopular opinion: i don't think that end of day clears jay. i don't care if he "cased" mac. he did a lot of other things that trigger me. i'll do my own little jay/mac analysis and explain some nagging thoughts at some point tonight. i need to do it for myself as much as anyone else.
You just want them to kill you instead of me. :meany:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Hello! Sorry for the inactivity, the holiday was rather busy for me and I am also focused on a Hydra game on Bulba. Can someone give me a quick overview of what happened so far? Gracias
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:47 am Hello! Sorry for the inactivity, the holiday was rather busy for me and I am also focused on a Hydra game on Bulba. Can someone give me a quick overview of what happened so far? Gracias
Certainly. Give me a few minutes to cook something up. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:47 am Hello! Sorry for the inactivity, the holiday was rather busy for me and I am also focused on a Hydra game on Bulba. Can someone give me a quick overview of what happened so far? Gracias
We lynched Mac and he was scum. Jay did interactive reads of Mac with everybody.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Post by novaselinenever »

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 am
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:33 am
Looks good to me. An old civilian that was on the right track at first, and was fooled as time passed by :noble:

I'm here to answer for my crimes.
nova, whatever crimes you're here to answer for could you go ahead and answer for them?

One thing I would like to know, you were a hard town read for me at the beginning of the game because I was seeing the civ nova I've seen for 3 games in a row. But then, you dropped off and weren't leading/pushing the thread as much as I'm used to. What's up with that? I don't have you as a mafia read but you've slipped in my green spectrum.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:56 am I should be studying :faint:
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 am
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:40 am
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:33 amI'm here to answer for my crimes.
Who do you think looks worst given present knowledge?
Speed, Niju and Eloh I'd say.
nova is your read on Elo due to her emotion at the end of EOD or are there other reasons you see her as bad? I'm a little more conflicted about her after sleeping on it than I was last night.
Not really, it stems from her D1 when I was around and more specifically that wall of reads she had.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll give you a page-by-page rundown of one thing that happened for each. Whether it's the most important or interesting thing is subjective. I will spend minimal time making that distinction, because I have to get back to work.

Page 1 - JJJ and nova hurl poop at each other's heads
Page 2 - juliets asks a question about the alignments Mac and nova, and nova wonders aloud if she may already know the answers. nutella finds it spicy.
Page 3 - dunya gets more involved and prods around, to include some poop made especially for my face
Page 4 - juliets gives some preliminary reads, nova and dunya continue to discuss various topics
Page 5 - speedchuck gets wasted
Page 6 - I get into a fist-fight with nutella
Page 7 - Jack fails to produce a gif for me
Page 8 - Daisy gives some reads. Some of us think they look authentic, Jack thinks she's bad with juliets.
Page 9 - People try to wrap their heads around the growing feud between Daisy and Jack. Some seem to think they're talking around each other and it's a misunderstanding
Page 10 - Day 1 begins! lol
Page 11 - Early votes fall in for Mac and Luna among others (I think). Mac himself finally makes a substantial appearance.
Page 12 - Elohcin and Long Con make their first Day 1 incursions into the game (the former provided a reads list). nutella and I continue to punch each other
Page 13 - nova gives expanded reads and Jack gives a colorless rainbow list
Page 14 - rather empty page at a glance. nova put up a rainbow.
Page 15 - Kites gives a big reads list, and Mac makes another significant appearance
Page 16 - Mac gives a full rainbow list
Page 17 - dunya gives Mac shit for reading her as a civilian for no reason
Page 18 - Luna makes her most memorable appearance so far, nutella points a finger of suspicion at Mac
Page 19 - nutella is leading the poll by a good margin. She wants to lynch Luna instead. Jack still wants Daisy's head.
Page 20 - I state gripes about Luna and Mac
Page 21 - The meat of my own case against Mac is here
Page 22 - Final two hours before EOD start here, the discussion is still Mac-focused. I suggest that I'd consider lynching a low-poster
Page 23 - After drawing a brief wagon, juliets decides to claim her role (semi-stump), the prevailing wagons return to Mac and nutella
Page 24 - A third wagon on Neverwhere appears
Page 25 - Mac is lynched and flips mafia
Page 26 - I begin interactive analyses of every player against Mac
Page 27 - Matahari provides her reads on numerous players, others respond to my analyses with their takes
Page 28 - leetic returns and asks for a summary

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 177
It’s my birthday

Post by Lunalee »

That was a lovely summary, Jay
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

You didn’t really want that gif anyhow.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:46 pm That was a lovely summary, Jay
:cloud9:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:51 pm You didn’t really want that gif anyhow.
:nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

that summary makes the past 3 days back and forth feel so pathetic lol.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:01 am
dunya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 am unpopular opinion: i don't think that end of day clears jay. i don't care if he "cased" mac. he did a lot of other things that trigger me. i'll do my own little jay/mac analysis and explain some nagging thoughts at some point tonight. i need to do it for myself as much as anyone else.
meany tell. jay is gonna kill me tonight and now he has the perfect cover for his behind.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:01 am
meany tell. jay is gonna kill me tonight and now he has the perfect cover for his behind.
If the mafia kill you Night 1 again, that is the lamest shit in the world.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]

^New avatar for you.

It’s perfect so you don’t need to check it just put it as your avatar.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Shit. I meant to take the img code off.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I appreciate your efforts, but I'm not changing my avatar during a game. It has an impact upon how I am viewed and should thus be held constant until it's over. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

jay, i have a question for you.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 pm jay, i have a question for you.
k

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 pm
k
isn't it true that scum jay will often try to push the thread to lynch inactives as a strategy?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i feel like discussing my grievances with you in real time will be more productive of my time cos i don't have hours in front of the computer today unfortunately. bear with me.

i didn't like your push of a neverwhere lynch in the last hour. at all. i hated it. i want to know why you did it.
novaselinenever
Hitman

It feels like most consensus red/orange reads are fairly inactive people. Who's the most suspicious active player?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 pm
k
isn't it true that scum jay will often try to push the thread to lynch inactives as a strategy?
Sure, I've done that as a bad guy. I'm also more likely than [insert typical good guy here] to do it as a good guy because of my affinity for process of elimination methods.

I know what you're getting at, so I'll get to the point:

Mac was my preferred lynch among active players. As such, I provided no real resistance to it, and indeed I helped to produce that wagon in the first place. It wasn't a confident matter though for me or for other people, and I provided an alternative among the low posters.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

I remember inventing an exercise that is 1/1 so far. The lock 1 other player town :keys:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:22 pmi didn't like your push of a neverwhere lynch in the last hour. at all. i hated it. i want to know why you did it.
Ask yourself how hard I really pushed that, how much enthusiasm I displayed to lynch not Mac, and whether a Neverwhere lynch was likely to occur anyway.

I don't hard-distance a teammate Mac by helping to build a huge wagon against him and then start a pitiful third wagon to save him right after that. It's strategic nonsense.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Indeed, my Neverwhere wagon might be the best evidence that I am a civilian. Break through the immediate instinctive barrier of WIFOM and consider these points:

If I am Mac's teammate, I can bus him or I can save him.

If I am going to bus him, I don't squirm around about it. I annihilate him. I make it my personal crusade and absorb maximum credit.

If I am going to save him, I don't randomly reverse my take on nutella and then invent a third wagon that is unlikely to take off at the last minute. I annihilate nutella.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

you're good and it makes me angry. should have gone to law school instead :suspish:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:32 pm I don't randomly reverse my take on nutella
why did you?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

*pulls out megaphone* dunya has a spicy take! I repeat, dunya has a spicy take!

And it looks like Jay has brought a large jug of wine to counter the spice. :wine:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m so bored. Send in your night actions.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:32 pm I don't randomly reverse my take on nutella
why did you?
I've said I will not answer that. Realize please that I am not Mister Secrets about any reads unless I feel like I don't have a choice. You (specifically you) may already know the answer anyway if you take a moment to consider it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Probably cause I left my ritalin at home.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”