Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 4]

Post by juliets »

Also, on Rey, he was talking openly on discord about how he hated this new way of playing mafia (he and Elo were agreeing) and wasn't going to play anymore. That was before this game started.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:52 pm Also, on Rey, he was talking openly on discord about how he hated this new way of playing mafia (he and Elo were agreeing) and wasn't going to play anymore. That was before this game started.
I'm sorry, what is 'this new way'?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 198

Post by Spacedaisy »

Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:08 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:58 pm Neverwhere just genuinely looks too busy to be in this game. But looking back at her posts, she seems to be trying with each checkin instead of just making excuses. Also she's congratulated each scum lynch. I really want to town-read Neverwhere.
I reread the lowposters earlier today, and I came away thinking that neverwhere seemed ok too. I did not get the best feeling from Niju. I also tend to suspect Rey is bad every time he doesn’t show up. That’s an old school bias that I haven’t been able to shake, but I also would hate to lynch someone who is a no show. He’s not exactly doing any harm so I’m not sure whether he’s worth thinking about.
I agree regarding Blooper.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

dunya wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:23 pm The more I think about it the more I get pinged. The timing of this narrowed down poll is weird as hell. We have lynched mafia 2 consecutive times. 2 failed kills. We dont need direction...which a narrowed down poll offers usually (I always hate it ftr). Our direction has been on point. Feels like mafia needed a break and with all the niju talk, this would have been a perfect opportunity for mafia DDL to set up niju for a mislynch as the clear consensus. The kites omission is kinda glaring at me too.

This doesn't feel town inspired.
Clear consensus? I heard a lot of accusations against leetic and neverwhere as well.

I do have reservations about how town this might be, but would DDL as mafia claim to have done this? He wouldn’t have needed to, he could have said nothing.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:26 pm @Lunalee Why are you talking about my role?
I am interested in the answer to this question. Also speedchuck how do you feel aboutLuna currently?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:45 pm Does anyone else think it is weird that Luna is suddenly very involved now that she is on a narrowed list?
I thought this same thing.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:26 pm @Lunalee Why are you talking about my role?
I am interested in the answer to this question. Also speedchuck how do you feel aboutLuna currently?
Both of these questions have been answered a little further in your reading. :nicenod:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I saw no mention from you specifically what your current read on Luna is
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:42 pm I'm about 70%+ on Luna being town. I'll probably not vote there today without compelling reason.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Well it seems I am in trouble right now. What happened?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 177

Post by Lunalee »

leetic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:52 pm Well it seems I am in trouble right now. What happened?
You haven't been around dude, and DDL is forcing us to lynch a low-poster. But besides that, what do you think about the other players up for lynch? I haven't heard any opinions from you even when you do get a chance to pop in.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I've been a bit focused on the other game I'm playing, it's been getting a bit intense
nijuukyugou wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm I’ll go nutella, then, simply because she has more votes besides Mac, and because Mac votes are apparently last minute, which, as you’ve said, is usually a mafia move.

Sorry, y’all - it’s been such a long time since I last played that I’m not used to checking or thinking about checking the thread.
Looking through the posts of the people in the poll, this was the only thing that pinged me. Reads like an attempt to redirect to a mislynch. [VOTE: nijuukyugou] aubergine
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:52 pm Also, on Rey, he was talking openly on discord about how he hated this new way of playing mafia (he and Elo were agreeing) and wasn't going to play anymore. That was before this game started.
I'm sorry, what is 'this new way'?
I'm not entirely sure other than throwing names in the ring early to gauge reactions, judging people off of one post, I don't really remember what else they said. [mention]Elohcin[/mention] can probably describe it better.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

leetic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:31 pm I've been a bit focused on the other game I'm playing, it's been getting a bit intense
nijuukyugou wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm I’ll go nutella, then, simply because she has more votes besides Mac, and because Mac votes are apparently last minute, which, as you’ve said, is usually a mafia move.

Sorry, y’all - it’s been such a long time since I last played that I’m not used to checking or thinking about checking the thread.
Looking through the posts of the people in the poll, this was the only thing that pinged me. Reads like an attempt to redirect to a mislynch. [VOTE: nijuukyugou] aubergine
leetic if you care about this game I would strongly urge you to focus on it as well. You are at real risk of getting lynched today. As Luna said you haven't been around at all, I don't know one of your reads besides niju. Also, it's kind of a slap in the face to our host to say the other game has your attention more so than this one.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:48 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:31 pm I've been a bit focused on the other game I'm playing, it's been getting a bit intense

leetic if you care about this game I would strongly urge you to focus on it as well. You are at real risk of getting lynched today. As Luna said you haven't been around at all, I don't know one of your reads besides niju. Also, it's kind of a slap in the face to our host to say the other game has your attention more so than this one.
Sorry if that comment seemed rude, the other game is a hydra game and I can't let my partner down. I would've subbed out by now, but I know full well how hard it is to find subs nowadays
Anyway, I'll see what I can do
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Kites »

sorry for not posting, this weekend has been real busy

Ima throw in my two cents later, analyzing the low posters shouldn’t take too long
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:37 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:23 pm The more I think about it the more I get pinged. The timing of this narrowed down poll is weird as hell. We have lynched mafia 2 consecutive times. 2 failed kills. We dont need direction...which a narrowed down poll offers usually (I always hate it ftr). Our direction has been on point. Feels like mafia needed a break and with all the niju talk, this would have been a perfect opportunity for mafia DDL to set up niju for a mislynch as the clear consensus. The kites omission is kinda glaring at me too.

This doesn't feel town inspired.
Clear consensus? I heard a lot of accusations against leetic and neverwhere as well.

I do have reservations about how town this might be, but would DDL as mafia claim to have done this? He wouldn’t have needed to, he could have said nothing.
I think he thought it looked civ and that's why he claimed, regardless of what alignment he really is.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

leetic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:58 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Sorry if that comment seemed rude, the other game is a hydra game and I can't let my partner down. I would've subbed out by now, but I know full well how hard it is to find subs nowadays
Anyway, I'll see what I can do
Ok leetic, I see. Can you give us any reads beyond niju?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Post by novaselinenever »

:coffee3:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have to go back [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] and see if I can figure out why you voted Luna.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

I went ahead and voted luna. I already suspected her before this day. Then, something about how it was suddenly convenient for her to jump in and play when her name was on a narrowed lynch pole. Baddie trying to lay low that now feels threatened. This is what I think.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

AND, if she doesn't get lynched today and then there is a kill tonight....even more suspect.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kites wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 am sorry for not posting, this weekend has been real busy

Ima throw in my two cents later, analyzing the low posters shouldn’t take too long
kites, I'd like to hear your thoughts on some people who are not low posters too since we haven't heard from you in a while.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Elohcin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:13 am AND, if she doesn't get lynched today and then there is a kill tonight....even more suspect.
:confused2:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:18 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:58 pm Neverwhere just genuinely looks too busy to be in this game. But looking back at her posts, she seems to be trying with each checkin instead of just making excuses. Also she's congratulated each scum lynch. I really want to town-read Neverwhere.
I reread the lowposters earlier today, and I came away thinking that neverwhere seemed ok too. I did not get the best feeling from Niju. I also tend to suspect Rey is bad every time he doesn’t show up. That’s an old school bias that I haven’t been able to shake, but I also would hate to lynch someone who is a no show. He’s not exactly doing any harm so I’m not sure whether he’s worth thinking about.
Yeah, looking at niju I kinda agree with you.
She was here for the mac lynch, and voted nutella. The reason was based on what the rest of the thread was doing, instead of a personal choice.

She also wasn't keeping up with the Jack suspicion and asked "people are voting Jack?" I'm assuming that means she wasn't a fan of the Jack lynch either.

reywaS should be mod-killed for inactivity or replaced. I'm not okay with lynching someone with zero posts, and I don't like that DDL thought we would be open to lynching someone with zero posts.
I figured you maybe wouldn't but if I tried to predict what you would do I would be feeling from my objective criterium which was "5 lowest posters".
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:12 pm I need to sleep, it's past 2 am and I have work tomorrow again. Keep the discussion going folks. Don't limit yourselves to the poll. Ask yourselves WHY Ddl would narrow the poll down today. What are his motives for doing so? And have fun!
- Look at the GTH we just did. It's probably a low poster.
- Getting the low posters to post.
- Getting people to talk about them.
- Removing myself from the poll for a while.
- Confirming my role, which historically is a civ one.
- Knocking mafia out of their confort zone. Mafia hates randomness.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:47 pm
Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:24 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:06 pm
Can you explain the old school bias? Why does rey have to be bad over leetic for example?
He doesn’t. They could both/neither be bad. The os bias is that anyone who is a no show, or early disappearance, and doesn’t get replaced, is probably bad. This is how it would go: I would say “ I think the missing X should be lynched today since we aren’t sure about anyone else. Everyone says “no that’s awful. We can’t do that” finally X gets replaced. Two days later, everyone lynches him. Most times he was bad, but not always.

That, plus I recall Rey saying he hated being mafia. That has probably changed too.

Juliet’s might remember a game at RevMaf, where a guy named spaghetti (I think), never showed up after the first day or two. At end game, he effin won as a mafia.

I will shake this bias eventually.
Oh my gosh yes I remember that!

I have seen it happen on this site too and it is SOO annoying.

I have to say I agree with dunya about DDL. I'm not convinced it was a townie thing to do to restrict the poll to inactive. I think we were doing pretty damn well with an unrestricted poll. (LC probably doesn't like that vulgarity, lol). If enough people agreed that we should lynch an inactive we would have lynched one.
Sorry I have a role PM that says I can revoke your democracy when I want to.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok so

Leetic posts sucks he pretty much only cares about saving his ass. He made his first non-OMGUS post this night and it's something other people already said about niju. Kind of bordering on "too bad to be bad" though, like I wonder if mafia would try harder to appear decent.

Nerverwhere is neutral her few game relevant posts are just promises of activity. Meh.

Niju is similar to never except for that godawful Mac vote. Would lynch just because of that. Maybe.

Luna looked fishy early but she made a post against Jack that looked genuine. Voted Mac too. Unlikely mafia.

Someone vig/modkill reywas plz.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:00 am Ok so

Leetic posts sucks he pretty much only cares about saving his ass. He made his first non-OMGUS post this night and it's something other people already said about niju. Kind of bordering on "too bad to be bad" though, like I wonder if mafia would try harder to appear decent.

Nerverwhere is neutral her few game relevant posts are just promises of activity. Meh.

Niju is similar to never except for that godawful Mac vote. Would lynch just because of that. Maybe.

Luna looked fishy early but she made a post against Jack that looked genuine. Voted Mac too. Unlikely mafia.

Someone vig/modkill reywas plz.
DDL, do you mean niju's nutella vote? Here is her vote:

I also dislike this vote. What is the point of voting someone who has the most votes next to Mac? And I totally disagree with the thought that last minute votes are usually a mafia move. I have seen plenty of people changing votes in games close to EOD who were not mafia. [mention]Elohcin[/mention] I know you said you see niju as a civ. I'll look in your ISO and see if you gave your thoughts about this vote and I've forgotten them but if you didn't, could you please give your thoughts now?

I don't know why but leetics post from last night makes me feel better about him slightly. Just slightly though, he is still in my view for a vote today.

I'll probably place a vote on one of these two soon.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:43 am - Confirming my role, which historically is a civ one.
Citation needed.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The one place it could be doing harm is if he is bad and Epi is allowing the team to use his power in his absence to compensate for them being short one player. I don't know how likely that is (though I have seen it in other games) so I'm going to vote for someone else today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

What's an x-shot?

What's the nature of nova's insanity?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:40 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:43 am - Confirming my role, which historically is a civ one.
Citation needed.
Dont remember seeing a bad version of it.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:41 am What's the nature of nova's insanity?
:fishing:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:41 am What's an x-shot?

What's the nature of nova's insanity?
I think "x-shot" means the number of times the player can use their ability is limited. I hear it most often when people are talking about an ability that is a 1-shot, i.e., they can only use it once in a game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

"Do it Again
Wheel turning round and round

People often return to their vices, and you make sure that they do. Each Night, you will force someone to vote for the same person he or she voted for the Day before. In addition, that person will be forced to target the same individual he or she targeted the Night before, if any."

has anyone been targeted with this yet?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:24 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:06 pm
Can you explain the old school bias? Why does rey have to be bad over leetic for example?
He doesn’t. They could both/neither be bad. The os bias is that anyone who is a no show, or early disappearance, and doesn’t get replaced, is probably bad. This is how it would go: I would say “ I think the missing X should be lynched today since we aren’t sure about anyone else. Everyone says “no that’s awful. We can’t do that” finally X gets replaced. Two days later, everyone lynches him. Most times he was bad, but not always.

That, plus I recall Rey saying he hated being mafia. That has probably changed too.
i dunno, i've never played a game with him yet. i observed him in GG but it's a small sample for me to make any conclusive meta observations.

also, people did the same even last year about replacements to the point where hosts say "replacements will be replaced randomly or in the order of when the last post was made". so in this game, epi would go about replacing reywas first even if reywas is a civilian. doing anything else is tampering with fairness imo, though it sucks when a host feels like balance is affected and i've seen lots of hosts give mafia members the green light to submit actions on behalf of no shows. in fact, i don't remember a game where it wasn't allowed.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I have not, Notthat I’m aware of anyway. I’m trying to decide if I think that sounds like a mafia or civ role. Or 3P... I don’t generally think forcing votes is a civ ability. But Mac’s role came with cover for if his role was revealed, so I wonder if all the mafia roles came with that too? If so what does that say about people who have postulated there was a way that roles might be revealed before we started seeing them revealed?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am I have not, Notthat I’m aware of anyway. I’m trying to decide if I think that sounds like a mafia or civ role. Or 3P... I don’t generally think forcing votes is a civ ability. But Mac’s role came with cover for if his role was revealed, so I wonder if all the mafia roles came with that too? If so what does that say about people who have postulated there was a way that roles might be revealed before we started seeing them revealed?
Daisy do you remember who postulated that?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:46 am "Do it Again

People often return to their vices, and you make sure that they do. Each Night, you will force someone to vote for the same person he or she voted for the Day before. In addition, that person will be forced to target the same individual he or she targeted the Night before, if any."

Not me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Kites »

here some thoughts

leetic - pops up every few days and asks what’s going on. the other game he/she is playing is apparently more important. has no opinions on anyone really. wants the focus off inactives. only vote so far on niju, day 4. all of this looks bad but... i’m inclined to say leetic is neutral (EW!) but civ leaning since playing civ is generally less exciting than mafia, the other game takes all of his/her time

lunalee - i liked her criticism of my read list. thinks the remaining mafia is likely among the inactives... and here
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:06 pm I wanna vote Luna but I’m secretly a huge softy and feel bad about her getting lynched a lot D1.
This makes me cringe. It reads like you know I'm town, and feel bad joining in on the lynch.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:30 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 am Okay I just reaalised how stupid it is to make a post for each person so here's one post for everyone left

Jesus fuck that Kites wall post is gold. I'm gonna read it some more after I get back to it but it's the biggest town look so far. So much sincerity.
How can you have such a different opinion on Kites's post? Crazy. It didn't look good to me at all (unless we aren't both talking about his read post?)
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 am leetic has given us nothing sadly.

Long Con has given us more than leetic but his three miniscule posts actually kind of giving me negative vibes.

Lunalee on relook isn't really bugging me anymore.
lol, okay
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 am I like Matahari and would subscribe to his newsletter.

Neverwhere is leetic but with green apologies. Cool.
nijuukyugou wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:11 pm Shit, I forgot I was playing! It's been too long.

I won't catch up now because I need to leave for trivia in like 10-20 minutes.

Who's suspicious, eh?
"Who's suspicious, eh?" is sig worthy stuff if niju is mafia. I don't think mafia niju makes this post. I think mafia niju just leaves the first sentence.

Already skimmed nova. Town. Look away.

nutella re-read makes me feel worse. I didn't really dwell on the oof spicy thing but it's really quite asinine in a bad way and I would 10/10 like to see her executed in the most painless fashion because I like her as a person.
What do you see in nutella's posts that make you feel "worse"?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 am reywas simply does not exist. Is reywas a figment of our imagination? Was reywas ever really here? Is reywas Keyser Soze? Does reywas have any loved ones that are out looking for him (bad joke sorry)? Should we send for help? Where are you reywas? Come home friend.

Spacedaisy is tough to get a read on. I would put her and Jay in the same bucket of "can always be anything and would never surprise". Wouldn't vote.

Speedchuck re-read makes me doubt my initial pings. I was going to give him a pass for posting while high but he's really not come to the dance since. Maybe he and Lunalee are off makin' babies. Do it for yer country.
LOL. He can't play the "high" card anymore. Keep him accountable.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 am Summary incoming.
surprisingly good hunches about these two, before there was wagons on them. almost too good. was after me at first but when the lynch was between mac and nutella, switched to mac right before eod, so.... suspicious imo

neverwhere seems to be too busy to play. it comes down to whether or not you believe it. i’m not that good at reading tones, so I don’t have an opinion. seems sincere but like I said I’m not good at judging this and I can be fooled

niju - another busy person. the most suspicious thing was appearing at the eod and choosing nutella over mac

if mafia, mac maybe asked to show up and save his ass in btsc
if civ, appearing at eod was a coincidence, had no time to read the posts and cast a quick vote after skimming

but then she also said that she chose nutella because she had more votes??

this was at the very end of the day and I’m sure Mac had the lead by few votes, way before niju appeared... suspicious

reywas - well... hasn’t even checked in so I can’t be certain he has even seen his rolecard?? like others have said, should die but not waste a lynch on him
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:05 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am I have not, Notthat I’m aware of anyway. I’m trying to decide if I think that sounds like a mafia or civ role. Or 3P... I don’t generally think forcing votes is a civ ability. But Mac’s role came with cover for if his role was revealed, so I wonder if all the mafia roles came with that too? If so what does that say about people who have postulated there was a way that roles might be revealed before we started seeing them revealed?
Daisy do you remember who postulated that?
I don’t. I’ll have to go back and look. I am not sure when your role showed up either... so it makes it a tough line of inquiry to follow here. But I’ll see if I can’t find the earliest mentions of it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Not me.
Any thoughts on what you think the role alignment is for that? If we don’t have anyone saying they were targeted by it, we can probably narrow it down to a low poster or inactive so I think it’s worthwhile to discuss if we think it sounds like a mafia role.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:52 pm JaggedJimmyJay :suspish:
:nicenod:

I will explain why I have done this to you as the day nears its end.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: nijuukyugou] aubergine
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 pm

Not me.
Any thoughts on what you think the role alignment is for that? If we don’t have anyone saying they were targeted by it, we can probably narrow it down to a low poster or inactive so I think it’s worthwhile to discuss if we think it sounds like a mafia role.
The first part about making people return to their vices made me think it was a mafia role but I haven't read the song lyrics to see whether there is mention of vices and thats all that part is referring to. I'll read them and see if that helps.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't think niju's vote at EOD1 looks bad as an attempt to save Mac. Mac wasn't likely to be saved at that point, as the tally was 8-4 in his favor with seven minutes remaining to the deadline.

I just think her rationale for placing the vote regardless of where looked cooked.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Italics unintentional :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:15 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 pm

Not me.
The first part about making people return to their vices made me think it was a mafia role but I haven't read the song lyrics to see whether there is mention of vices and thats all that part is referring to. I'll read them and see if that helps.
Well, there was no mention of the word vices but an explanation of the song says it is about drug addiction so maybe that's why Epi used the word. So bottom line, I can't tell if it's mafia or not.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have no reason at all to call leetic a civilian. There are no interactive points in his favor, and none of his posts look particularly "good" to me.

Neverwhere has at a few isolated moments exhibited a decent tone. This apology is an example. I like this tone too. It's not much, but it's more than zero.

I thought her Jack interactions were a slight positive tick for Luna. More tha zero.

7 of niju's 11 posts feature some kind of comment relating to her not being here. To be fair Neverwhere's ratio is similar. Among the four though niju is the only one for whom I have active suspicion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”