Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 4]

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:16 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:07 pm [VOTE: Niju] aubergine

Yeah she looks the worst unless someone can give me a better reason for the others.
Leetic :srsnod:
I wish you could tell me why leetic over niju. I'm concerned that there is no one in here at EOD. Seems too easy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

Let's narrow things down a bit...

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:36 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

leetic
18%

Voters: Lunalee, dunya, novaselinenever

Lunalee
12%

Voters: Elohcin, Kites

Neverwhere
No votes

Voters: None

nijuukyugou
41%

Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, juliets, leetic, Dragon D. Luffy, Spacedaisy, Long Con, Matahari

reywaS (nope)
No votes

Voters: None

Jeff Porcaro (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
29%

Voters: Jackofhearts2005, Sloonei, nutella, MacDougall, Epignosis
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

Donald Fagen and Walter Becker looked for ninjas.

They found one at trivia.

nijuukyugou has been cut.
Any Major Dude Will Tell You
Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again

If a civilian is lynched, you will offer words of encouragement to everyone through the Host that Night.

You are a civilian and win when the mafia are dead.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to submit your PMs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dang.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Night 4]

Post by novaselinenever »

I'm finally free
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

This is a really weird and inconvenient end day time.

I promise to vote tomorrow.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] why did you leave so close to EOD?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Ah, the sweet release of civilian death!

Sorry I was so utterly inactive, y’all - I’ll make sure to sign up when I’m actually free. Go civs!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sorry, Blooper.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] would you mind walking me through why you wanted to go with leetic over Luna and niju? I think it still matters, I want to know what you saw or felt.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:50 pm @JaggedJimmyJay why did you leave so close to EOD?
My only chance to get to the gym today. There's going to be a GOT viewing thing wif me mates later.

bummer on the flip dude
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:37 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:50 pm @JaggedJimmyJay why did you leave so close to EOD?
My only chance to get to the gym today. There's going to be a GOT viewing thing wif me mates later.

bummer on the flip dude
Ok, I'm just used to you being around poking and prodding us till the end.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:32 pm @novaselinenever would you mind walking me through why you wanted to go with leetic over Luna and niju? I think it still matters, I want to know what you saw or felt.
My initial tone read on her, and the whole context of the Mac's vote with him already being in a big lead kind of shoots down most of the suspicions against her. You'll have to move goal-posts and say she was avoiding her teammate lynch to not be accused of bussing if you want to see suspicions there.

I don't know it felt too easy lol.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

I was right! Sucks to lose your warm body niju.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:39 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:32 pm @novaselinenever would you mind walking me through why you wanted to go with leetic over Luna and niju? I think it still matters, I want to know what you saw or felt.
My initial tone read on her, and the whole context of the Mac's vote with him already being in a big lead kind of shoots down most of the suspicions against her. You'll have to move goal-posts and say she was avoiding her teammate lynch to not be accused of bussing if you want to see suspicions there.

Oh I see. Thanks for explaining. Also, leetic is a "she"? I've been under the wrong impression all this time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Luna's surge of activity and most of what she's been saying has been unimpressive. She was making absolutely no sense and I was going crazy not being able to posts and question her lol. I don't like how she had her hand in almost every conversation going on at the start of the phase while she adding almost nothing to them. She was just there trying to make her presence remarked and get ahead of the restricted lynch poll.

The whole "Speedchuck is 95% civ" was lame, and I don't see civ motivations behind it.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Leetic is long gone past town apathy. He's in lurking territory around and his posts aren't random, they're calculated. There is absolutely nothing genuine about him unlike the other inactives, namely Niju and Never.

Feels like a baddie that came in late and is having trouble keeping up with the energy. A shady dude lol.
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Oh I see. Thanks for explaining. Also, leetic is a "she"? I've been under the wrong impression all this time.
I'm referring to Niju in that post.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:38 pm

bummer on the flip dude
When Jay isn't around to poke and prod, someone else should poke and prod. :srsnod:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Who I believe is a she, no? :noble:
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm

bummer on the flip dude
When Jay isn't around to poke and prod, someone else should poke and prod. :srsnod:
Well not when that someone is unable to properly post :evileye:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm Who I believe is a she, no? :noble:
She is a squid.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:46 pm Well not when that someone is unable to properly post :evileye:
I did that because you weren't poking and prodding before. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm

bummer on the flip dude
Yes, I know. Nobody was here so I guess it didn't matter that you were't either.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Did you chose which post restriction to give me? It was quite specific.

Linki - Do you want me not to study? :meany:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm Who I believe is a she, no? :noble:
I'm so confused lol! Yes niju is a she.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm Did you chose which post restriction to give me? It was quite specific.

I'm only capable of one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm Did you chose which post restriction to give me? It was quite specific.

Maybe not at EOD? But I know you were here most of the afternoon.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:48 pm

I'm only capable of one.
Are you aware of its effects?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:48 pm

I'm only capable of one.
Are you aware of its effects?
Yup.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:48 pm
I'm so confused lol! Yes niju is a she.
No worries. This first one is about Niju, it's why I wasn't sold on lynching her over the others.

This is Luna,
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:42 pm Luna's surge of activity and most of what she's been saying has been unimpressive. She was making absolutely no sense and I was going crazy not being able to posts and question her lol. I don't like how she had her hand in almost every conversation going on at the start of the phase while she adding almost nothing to them. She was just there trying to make her presence remarked and get ahead of the restricted lynch poll.

The whole "Speedchuck is 95% civ" was lame, and I don't see civ motivations behind it.
This is Leetic,
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:44 pm Leetic is long gone past town apathy. He's in lurking territory around and his posts aren't random, they're calculated. There is absolutely nothing genuine about him unlike the other inactives, namely Niju and Never.

Feels like a baddie that came in late and is having trouble keeping up with the energy. A shady dude lol.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

leetic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:31 pm I've been a bit focused on the other game I'm playing, it's been getting a bit intense
nijuukyugou wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm I’ll go nutella, then, simply because she has more votes besides Mac, and because Mac votes are apparently last minute, which, as you’ve said, is usually a mafia move.

Sorry, y’all - it’s been such a long time since I last played that I’m not used to checking or thinking about checking the thread.
Looking through the posts of the people in the poll, this was the only thing that pinged me. Reads like an attempt to redirect to a mislynch. [VOTE: nijuukyugou] aubergine
This looks more opportunistic post-flip.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:58 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:31 pm I've been a bit focused on the other game I'm playing, it's been getting a bit intense
nijuukyugou wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm I’ll go nutella, then, simply because she has more votes besides Mac, and because Mac votes are apparently last minute, which, as you’ve said, is usually a mafia move.

Sorry, y’all - it’s been such a long time since I last played that I’m not used to checking or thinking about checking the thread.
Looking through the posts of the people in the poll, this was the only thing that pinged me. Reads like an attempt to redirect to a mislynch. [VOTE: nijuukyugou] aubergine
Yes agreed.

Also [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] thanks for straightening me out.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:58 pm This looks more opportunistic post-flip.
Expanding: for the first time all game, leetic provided a read on something. It was the same read other people had already given for that particular niju post. The most likely counterwagon to niju was leetic himself.

I think it was a self-preservation vote disguised as a vote based on a read. Civilians can self-preserve too, but they're honest about it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:58 pm

It actually make no sense whatsoever, the whole attempt at redirect to a mislynch lol
novaselinenever
Hitman

Elohcin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:41 pm I was right! Sucks to lose your warm body niju.
Didn't you already know that? :grin:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:03 pm It actually make no sense whatsoever, the whole attempt at redirect to a mislynch lol
Yes, "niju was trying to save Mac" is not a terribly sensible reason to gripe with that post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Is it late enough for folks to give me some POE pools? :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:14 pm Is it late enough for folks to give me some POE pools? :meany:
I would wait a bit. There doesn't seem to be many people here. I'll pull mine together.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

14 players

Either 11:3 or 12:2 is most likely

Project a night kill this night, Day 5 = 10:3 or 11:2

Project a night kill every ensuing night:

3 mislynches to 4:3 LyLo
4 mislynches to 3:2 Lylo

Either way = pool of 6

Disclaimer = the point here is to narrow down suspects as a group and see where we end up, not to force ourselves into a permanent lynch priority list.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ugh this is harder than I thought.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I just had myself do a sort of POE/GTH hybrid where I forced myself to pick six top suspects period without concern for tinfoils or cases on the rest:

DDL
Elohcin
leetic
Lunalee
speedchuck
Neverwhere

No particular order.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The name I lingered over longest outside that group was Spacedaisy. I'll need to revisit her soon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:23 pm I just had myself do a sort of POE/GTH hybrid where I forced myself to pick six top suspects period without concern for tinfoils or cases on the rest:

DDL
Elohcin
leetic
Lunalee
speedchuck
Neverwhere

No particular order.
Jay I am almost in agreement with you, and I know you said this is kind of a hybrid GTH/POE but can you give me some thoughts on speed? Why are you seeing him as bad? Or do you just not have a reason to see him as good?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:29 pm Jay I am almost in agreement with you, and I know you said this is kind of a hybrid GTH/POE but can you give me some thoughts on speed? Why are you seeing him as bad? Or do you just not have a reason to see him as good?
I think there's an argument to tie speedchuck to both Jack and Mac.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

Inb4 Dunya asks why I'm not in your PoE

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:33 pm Inb4 Dunya asks why I'm not in your PoE[/img]
Give me your own, gif boy

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

I will not stand for the discrimination against gif users
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] Stand with me! Flood the thread with anime gifs
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:33 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:33 pm Inb4 Dunya asks why I'm not in your PoE[/img]
Give me your own, gif boy
I can't do better than that one if it's 6.

I'll grade it though,

Luna
Leetic
Elochin
Neverwhere
Speed
DDL

Return to “Previous Side Missions”