Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 5]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:29 pm Matahari and Kites entered this phase as players on the fringe -- possible POE candidates but not definitely. Where do people stand on them now? If they can be resolved, the suspect pool becomes considerably clearer.

I think Matahari looks quite genuine in her suspicion of dunya.

Kites's big vote tracker thing is a good shiny object, but not something that moves me (and he granted that much himself to his credit). I do still think he looks generally authentic though.
Kites is still neutral because that kind of effort is perfectly reasonable for a scum to make. I've done it as scum myself.

I like Mata's tone. She's tunneling on dunya for reasonable things.

[VOTE: Dunya] aubergine

Let's see what happens when I follow it. I'm getting the feeling leetic is too easy and I don't wanna lynch Luna. Lynching dunya is so crazy it could work.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 136

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Matahari »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:14 pm Nova mind,

Leetic - no relaxed
Luna - relaxed
Neverwhere - no relaxed
Niju - no relaxed
Rey- relaxed
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:25 pm Luna - not relaxed
On Day 4, nova's take on Luna shifted across these two posts. To learn more about his suspicion of her, return to the first quote and then follow his ISO forward from that point until he died. I believe that his case was primarily a behavioral one, relating to Luna's posts (and not to night actions or the like).
Thank you.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:29 pm Matahari and Kites entered this phase as players on the fringe -- possible POE candidates but not definitely. Where do people stand on them now? If they can be resolved, the suspect pool becomes considerably clearer.

Kites's big vote tracker thing is a good shiny object, but not something that moves me (and he granted that much himself to his credit). I do still think he looks generally authentic though.
Kites is still neutral because that kind of effort is perfectly reasonable for a scum to make. I've done it as scum myself.

Let's see what happens when I follow it. I'm getting the feeling leetic is too easy and I don't wanna lynch Luna. Lynching dunya is so crazy it could work.
So DDL, do you have any other behavior to cite in the case against dunya that Mata did not bring up? Any of your own observations?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:19 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:02 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:53 pm Which night did Luna have btsc with Speed?
Never mind. Speedchuck said it was Night A.
TARGET night A, BTSC next phase
Thank you. I was trying to work out logistics, I think they’re called. If Nova targeted Luna night 2, would she still have been able to be in btsc with Speed? :srsnod: Just trying to figure out a reason why nova moved Luna to the top.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] thanks.

Do you still find Leetic to be your top choice for today? Does his request for a replacement change your mind?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok I went and looked at nova's posts between the time he thought Luna was ok (relaxed) and the time he thought she was not ok (not relaxed). The intervening posts he cited were ones where Luna was giving reasons why DDL should not have picked Reywas and questioning whether if DDL is scum he would have picked all townies for the poll. So she was speculating on things he did when limiting the poll, implying he was bad, when DDL had already stated that he took the 5 lowest posters and put them on the poll. She was behaving as if he never told us that, trying to make him look bad.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 pm @speedchuck thanks.

Do you still find Leetic to be your top choice for today? Does his request for a replacement change your mind?
:srsnod: :disappoint:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:47 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:42 pm

So DDL, do you have any other behavior to cite in the case against dunya that Mata did not bring up? Any of your own observations?
Eh not really just the nagging feeling from all game that I'm not really seeing civ dunya.

Which may or may not be clouded by the fact she has real life reasons to post less and stuff.

Let's just say I wanna do something different this time, instead of following the list of low posters like a checklist. Leetic is scummy all right but he's scummy to the point that I doubt a baddie would make some of those posts. I'm suspecting deepwolves and dunya is a strong candidate for deepwolfness.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Heck, with my luck, the very fact I'm not voting for leetic will ensure he's flips bad. So that's win/win.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I understand DDL, my deep wolf suspicions are too embarrassing to even admit!

I'm staying on leetic for now - he was my other choice besides niju and I just feel like we have one slanker on the mafia team.

And I would still like to see the full case on Luna if anyone has it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'll be honest Im kind of shoehorning my performance in this game because I have a bunch of stuff to do this week and I foolishly signed up for another game.

I guess acting randomly is easier than making a deep analysis, and based on my experience, about as likely to work.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'll [VOTE: leetic] aubergine because POE, and sub request, and so on...
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I can find a dang moment after this phase I hope to compile some thorough casing for various suspects to include tinfoil prospects. We need to keep this game alert and ready as best as we can.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Are subrequests usually done in the thread now, instead of privately to the host?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:43 pm Are subrequests usually done in the thread now, instead of privately to the host?
Both are pretty commonplace. I'd generally do it in private first and then perhaps notify the players.

Does this in any way impact your perception of leetic?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

I think Mata looks genuine and seems to be really trying to help the civ cause. I still wonder about kites as I have almost since the beginning.

I have nothing else to add at this point unfortunately. I had time to catch up, but I have some chores to get done and errands to run. I will be back this evening.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:44 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:43 pm Are subrequests usually done in the thread now, instead of privately to the host?
Both are pretty commonplace. I'd generally do it in private first and then perhaps notify the players.

Does this in any way impact your perception of leetic?
Looking at both perspectives, town: could be trying to warn town not to waste another lynch
Mafia: trying to buy an extra day for his role to be replaced? If he wants out though, why not let himself be lynched? Or is his sub request a way to insure a lynch and release him from his game obligation? I don’t know how savvy a game player that Leetic is, so I would have to follow the logic and instincts of other players on him.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How about some contingencies:

Everyone tell me your next step forward in the event leetic flips civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Kites »

not gonna join the leetic lynch
i was okay with niju lynch but i had my doubts about it
this is similar case
i think leetic is genuinely too busy to play, and had the other more interesting game going on (so not mafia here) he would rather concentrate on

it just feels too easy
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kites wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:02 pm not gonna join the leetic lynch
this is similar case
i think leetic is genuinely too busy to play, and had the other more interesting game going on (so not mafia here) he would rather concentrate on

it just feels too easy
I'm starting to have that wobbly feeling I had with the niju Lynch being so easy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Kites[/mention] who are you going to vote for?

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] I see your question but need a minute.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kites wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:02 pm not gonna join the leetic lynch
this is similar case

it just feels too easy
Who instead?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:56 pm How about some contingencies:

Maybe Elo.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will say that the "feels too easy" thing is not something I tend to care about. How is anyone going to defend leetic under the circumstances?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:12 pm I will say that the "feels too easy" thing is not something I tend to care about. How is anyone going to defend leetic under the circumstances?
Kites just did.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:12 pm I will say that the "feels too easy" thing is not something I tend to care about. How is anyone going to defend leetic under the circumstances?
Kites just did.
So it's not too easy? :goofp:

I understand the trepidation. I just don't think it's terribly logical.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:19 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:17 pm
Kites just did.
So it's not too easy? :goofp:

I understand the trepidation. I just don't think it's terribly logical.
ok, you're probably right.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:45 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:32 pm :( Bye Nova. I am voting luna like I said I would if there was a kill this time.
explain what you mean please.
Luna was not active and there were no night kills for what, 2 nights? Then there was the narrowed lynch poll. Luna was on it and all of a sudden she had time to come in and get involved. With an active Luna there was now a night kill. I explained that if the night kill came about now that Luna was active, that I would assume those non-night kills were due to an inactive mafia luna.

linki....this whole insanification gold stuff is over my head.
I don’t believe in mafia not sending the night kills one bit. Even if lurker mafia doesn’t post, they are almost certainly checking the thread and sending the NK doesn’t take much of your time. Besides Jack was alive when luna didn’t post, and how do we know if there isn’t a 4th member of mafia team? I am suspicious of luna but this feels like a too made up excuse to vote

[VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

dunno if I want to stay up till 2 am to see the result
My sleep schedule sucks and I want to do somwthing about it
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 198

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:56 pm How about some contingencies:

I’d be looking at DDL who seems intent on not voting leetic.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 198

Post by Spacedaisy »

in fact... I’m willing to put a vote there [VOTE: DDL] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dragomir »

I subbed in yes?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Well, my top suspects as of now are Dunya, Elohcin, DDL
Of the quiet ones, I’m between all of them. Leetic, Luna, and Neverwhere (who has become even more quiet).
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:46 pm I subbed in yes?
Hi! Did you sub in for leetic?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

I mean it’s an easy train to hop on without providing hardly any reasoning or thought at all, like happened with niju

I get lurkers are a problem but idk if I want to use 2 day phases in a row on them. People just come in, cast their votes and are done for the day
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sooooo...do we have a sub for leetic? Or am I confused? I don't know about voting him if we now have a sub, but Epi hasn't announced one...

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:50 pm
Don't know yet. Haven't received a role PM.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:09 pm
:haha:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:12 pm
:haha:
Lol, this is awesome [mention]Dragomir[/mention]

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

This guy is apparently replacing leetic.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok so guys, are we going to stay on leetic?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]
[mention]Lunalee[/mention]
[mention]speedchuck[/mention]

Are we doing the right thing staying on leetic now that he's been replaced? Maybe so, I just want to make sure everyone is aware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:49 pm Ok so guys, are we going to stay on leetic?
:shrug: Dragomir/Leetic share gold? Less phase tonight.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Can someone give me a summary? I am not reading 60 pages.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I wish my interpreter Spacedaisy was around. I'll watch your vote [mention]speedchuck[/mention] so I'll know what you are saying. I just don't know the right thing to do. Leetic's replacement is new to our site so in that way I hate to Lynch him before giving him a chance. But if leetic is bad he's bad too. I hate this.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:56 pm Can someone give me a summary? I am not reading 60 pages.
We have lynched two mafia, MacDougall and Jackofhearts. The prevailing theory is there are 2 to 3 more. You are in the lead for today's Lynch.

Probably the most important thing you could do right now is convince us you are civ. Read through leetic's posts so you'll know what he's said - its not much. Lynch is in about an hour I think.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Dragomir[/mention] Lynch ends in an hour and 20 minutes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Luna share gold BTSC
Spacedaisy share gold BTSC
juliets share gold
JJJ share gold
Luna share speedchuck gold

DRAGOMIR share gold tonight phase!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

:jail:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:02 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:56 pm Can someone give me a summary? I am not reading 60 pages.
We have lynched two mafia, MacDougall and Jackofhearts. The prevailing theory is there are 2 to 3 more. You are in the lead for today's Lynch.

Probably the most important thing you could do right now is convince us you are civ. Read through leetic's posts so you'll know what he's said - its not much. Lynch is in about an hour I think.
Holy shit, this is one tricky ass situation I'm in.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”