45%

Total votes: 11
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 2]

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Luxurious wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:53 pm Oh also @Owner of a Lonely Heart what made you watch JJJ last night? Did you also have the assumption he would die?

I get the feeling that’s a very Off Siter player kinda analysis there
I tracked you. I didn't watch him. You seemed concerned about Ultra's wagon, but wasn't sold yet at the time you voted for me yesterday. I thought Gemma was the watcher because she said the bird stuff day 1, so I thought she was softing bird "watcher". That's also why there's a semi meh town read on her day 1. Because, I suspected she was softing to bring that up later on. But, it appears that she is in fact not the watcher, so there goes me reading into something that wasn't actually there.
Spoiler: show
Gemma
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Gemma »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:23 am
Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:47 am I think I'm townreading all of these people to some degree.

Owner
Speedy
Mac
Epig
DDL
JJJ
Why Epig?
His slappy slap with Mac is inane and predictable in a particular way that I recognize as town on town fighting.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Luxurious wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:46 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:36 am *waits for Lux to appear*

But yeah, I pretty sure I would get a result last night as I had to wonder was the Ultra vote clean or did someone bus. It was like Nova and JJJ were pretty committed so they wouldn't be bussers in that vote. Lux had their vote on me for a bit, but ended up following everyone's vote at some point, (not sure when). But looking back, it did seem like Lux was kind of curious about where that Ultra vote was going, even though they wanted to lynch me more so.
I’m not gonna be rude but like

Every time I vote someone and they end up mafia everyone is always like “oh you bussed”

And it’s kinda pissing me off
Your Jailkeeper claim holds up. I still think there's got to be a busser on Ultra's wagon. So maybe it is still Jay? But the analysis stuff is from his town meta though...hmm. I guess Ultra leaving their vote him has me slightly paranoid. You saying you saved and blocked him, could potentially mean that you blocked jay from making the kill?!?!?

But I don't know.

It could be Jack or it could be clean. I don't know.

Now I'm wondering if I should have held the claim longer...derp.

But a lot of people want me dead or that seemed to be the consensus for a lot of people going forward. hmm...
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

And Jay doesn't bus? *is that something I'm remembering* So Jay should stay in the town pile?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 316

Post by MacDougall »

Lynch DDL
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:43 am Are you really going to start making me do them?
I have exams to proctor, a playoff hockey game to attend, and another game with an earlier deadline. I’ll get there when I get there.

By all means do your own. I’m usually the only one who bothers and thus it becomes my obligation instead of the civilians’ obligation. :meany:
I bothered, I just didn't talk about it :P
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

Lux, help me understand your night action. I don't really see anything super indicative of a townread on JJJ in your day 1, so at what point did you get there? If you thought JJJ was town enough that you thought he would get shot, why is he only probably town in your day 2 readlist?

Why were you concerned about my night action initially?

Talk to me about what you think Owner's result means about her alignment and JJJ's alignment at this point, all things considered.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 249

Post by Dragomir »

Damn, seeing Owner's claim, he might be fine then. Off to DDL it is then.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:52 pm I'll be at the hockey game tonight.

Sloonei, go Columbus Blue Jackets :meany:
Enjoy that Bergeron hat trick, Colombutts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

Dragomir wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 pm Damn, seeing Owner's claim, he might be fine then. Off to DDL it is then.
I believe Owner identifies as a woman.
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 pm
Luxurious wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:53 pm Oh also @Owner of a Lonely Heart what made you watch JJJ last night? Did you also have the assumption he would die?

I tracked you. I didn't watch him. You seemed concerned about Ultra's wagon, but wasn't sold yet at the time you voted for me yesterday. I thought Gemma was the watcher because she said the bird stuff day 1, so I thought she was softing bird "watcher". That's also why there's a semi meh town read on her day 1. Because, I suspected she was softing to bring that up later on. But, it appears that she is in fact not the watcher, so there goes me reading into something that wasn't actually there.
Haha that's amazing. I would never soft my role like that, I really just like birds!
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 552

Post by Luxurious »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Then why does me jailing JJJ = Me being scum, especially when he didnt die?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:45 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:36 am *waits for Lux to appear*

But yeah, I pretty sure I would get a result last night as I had to wonder was the Ultra vote clean or did someone bus. It was like Nova and JJJ were pretty committed so they wouldn't be bussers in that vote. Lux had their vote on me for a bit, but ended up following everyone's vote at some point, (not sure when). But looking back, it did seem like Lux was kind of curious about where that Ultra vote was going, even though they wanted to lynch me more so.

Every time I vote someone and they end up mafia everyone is always like “oh you bussed”

Your Jailkeeper claim holds up. I still think there's got to be a busser on Ultra's wagon. So maybe it is still Jay? But the analysis stuff is from his town meta though...hmm. I guess Ultra leaving their vote him has me slightly paranoid. You saying you saved and blocked him, could potentially mean that you blocked jay from making the kill?!?!?

But I don't know.

But a lot of people want me dead or that seemed to be the consensus for a lot of people going forward. hmm...
There are so many questions that have now arisen from this that I’m stupidily excited about it
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 249

Post by Dragomir »

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:13 pm
Dragomir wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 pm Damn, seeing Owner's claim, he might be fine then. Off to DDL it is then.
Yeah, I keep forgetting.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:27 pm Lux, help me understand your night action. I don't really see anything super indicative of a townread on JJJ in your day 1, so at what point did you get there? If you thought JJJ was town enough that you thought he would get shot, why is he only probably town in your day 2 readlist?

Why were you concerned about my night action initially?

Talk to me about what you think Owner's result means about her alignment and JJJ's alignment at this point, all things considered.
If you look at the read lists I continuously post, JJJ is within my town pile all of Day 1

I moved him down because I jailed him, and there was no kill. So either someone roleblocked the real killer, or JJJ carried and nothing happened because of the Jail. We Dont Know, so I indicated that in my readslist without actually like, saying why because I didnt wanna out so early but

Yeah.

I think owner tracking me makes some sense if she’s town. Why wouldnt she want to track someone who voted her and shaded her for most of day 1? If I was scum going for an easy mislynch, Owner seems like an easy way out, so tracking me makes some sense.

I wasnt really concerned about your night action just more deeply interested in the fact that you and I had the same idea of protecting JJJ
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JJJ’s alignment is so up in the air at this point it’s hard to say. Either someone roleblocked the real killer, or JJJ had enough town equity that he figured he could carry the mafia kill by himself.

That’s just from an action stance. It is entirely possible JJJ just didnt have an action N1 or even that he did but he’s still town. His actions today are kinda leaving me with a “yeah he’s probably still today”

Which means that MacDougall’s case has more equity and I really wanna hear from DDL now
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Who would be your most likely 4th mafioso now that Owner has claimed?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

I swear I voted.

I put a vote on Jack this time.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:21 pm I swear I voted.

But like,

Why
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Luxurious wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:24 pm

But like,

Why
To have a bloody vote on the board where I can see what everything looks like again.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 pm
Luxurious wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:24 pm

But like,

Why
To have a bloody vote on the board where I can see what everything looks like again.
Oh fair
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Dragomir wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:13 pm
Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:13 pm
Yeah, I keep forgetting.
Why did Owner’s claim convince you she was town
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:21 am
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:40 am Epi isn't making a whole lot of sense
Update - He still isn't making sense.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

[VOTE: Dragmir] aubergine
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:45 pm

But I don't know.

Okay another question:

Why does there have to be a busser on Ultra?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 pm Ultra and speedchuck

Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:09 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:08 pm Yeah okay. :p :mafia: :keys: :nicenod:
We got one.
Agreed that this entrance was awkward, especially in hindisight with his no lynch proposition

But then you proceeded to shade like 3 other people so I'm going to ask you how serious you are about this slot.

Ultra called speedchuck's entry awkward and shaded the no lynch thing. Okay.

Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:15 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:56 pm Hmm... we dont have any information to work on yet, so we should probably no lynch d1.
[VOTE: Speedchuck] aubergine
[VOTE: Dragon D. Luffy] aubergine
This reeks of chainsaw defense.
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 pmPossibly, by you.
I don't need "possibly". What are you referring to?
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 pmDefend someone by attacking their accuser.

Since you're here elaborate on that vote
I think DDL got snagged by a booby trap. No lynches are horrendous, and I thought it looked evident that speedchuck wasn't serious in his recommendation.
I think holding someone accountable for saying Day Zeros are less valuable is a bit pushy, especially considering they in fact are. Now, if someone was using "Wait, I said that D0, it doesn't count!" as a defense, or as a reason to dismiss a case, that is categorically scummy. But outside of that context, there's no apparent scum motive to stating the obvious, other than perhaps appearing blendy.

Reaction posts can also carry a scum motive, so this sounds like TMI on speedchuck

Like I suggested earlier, this looks to me like an ironic sort of TMI on speedchuck, by way of accusing me of having TMI on speedchuck. For him to be so fierce that I shouldn't "chainsaw defend" speedchuck implies that he knows speedchuck is a civilian. :goofp: There are a number of other posts relating in some way back to this. I won't highlight them all.

Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:23 pm As for the vote, speedchuck is obvscumming.

If he's playing suboptimal to try and garner reactions, well, it's only common courtesy to start a wagon so he gets them. Image

I don't know what this is.

Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 pm [VOTE: Ultra] aubergine
did you forget that you were townreading that player
No. Because I'm not.

I have some town pings from them, but I mentioned something scummy as well. If it continues, their need to cling to and buddy Nova will easily outweigh any town cred they have.
Can you point out how I'm trying to buddy Nova
Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:40 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:33 pm
Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:29 pm [VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine

I don't know speedchuck or his meta or whatever but he town read and defended him far too soon. Also switched his vote to a player who isn't active instead of pursuing DDL
Do you believe that JJJ was defending a teammate, or that he knows I'm town because he's not?
Leaning towards the latter atm

Ultra posed a rather meek question in response to receiving a vote from speedchuck, and then answered his prod about his suspicion of me. Doesn't mean much to me.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 am DDL's knee-jerk reaction didn't look great, as someone who knows me. Ultra doesn't look bad for the reaction, though he/she seems a little focused on Nova for some reason when I look at the ISO.
JJJ reacted exactly as expected.

I'll just let everyone know I'm not going to be as active as you crazy devils. I'm in another game and I wasn't a top poster in that one either.

speechuck assessed immediate reactions to his no lynch thing and was positive (or perhaps not negative) about Ultra. He tacked on an additional bit about nova though which became something he focused on later. No gripes. Follow-up prod | Continued as a suspicion -- this doesn't look to me like something a teammate drudges up on purpose since it is nuanced enough that nobody else is that likely to discover it.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 pm [VOTE: Ultra] aubergine

5 hours prior to deadline

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:29 pm
Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:24 pm Do you have any scum reads outside of, like, DDL
Haven't read the whole game, probably not going to. Finger of suspicion right now is on:

Gemma
Owner
Ultra
Dragomir
DDL

speedchuck included Ultra in a list of five Day 1 suspects. He's already placed the vote, so his priority on that front is clear.

~~~

Conclusion: I think speedchuck looks good here.
I want to agree with this.

I also want to nitpick.

Has speedchuck ever used the (ridiculous) phrase "Finger of Suspicion" before?

And are there even any other fingers? I have the Finger of Boogers on JJJ right now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"Role alignments are randomly determined, meaning that none of these roles are guaranteed to be either Town or Mafia/Wolf."

Nobody gets credit for claiming anything. Only me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That said, let me get this straight:

Owner claimed watcher and said Luxurious targeted JJJ.

Luxurious claimed jailer and said JJJ was in jail.

Nobody died.

Is that correct?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 244

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:41 pm Has speedchuck ever used the (ridiculous) phrase "Finger of Suspicion" before?

And are there even any other fingers? I have the Finger of Boogers on JJJ right now.
I don't think I have, no.

Big thing where I came from tho.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:48 pm That said, let me get this straight:

Owner claimed watcher and said Luxurious targeted JJJ.

Luxurious claimed jailer and said JJJ was in jail.

Nobody died.

Is that correct?
Devil's advocate: There is another doctor, roleblocker, and JOAT out there.

Actually I think I'll agree, this setup is silly. :goofp:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

Owner claimed tracker.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:52 pm Owner claimed tracker.
Yes, I saw that just now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't know if this means anything to new people, but I think JJJ will back me up if it helps.

I don't lynch JJJ Day 1 (I've said this much) but I don't kill JJJ Night 1 either. I consider him prime competition when I am bad and he is not.

If you care enough to believe that, then you will know I'm good. I understand if you don't.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Consider this too:

Killing JJJ Night 1 in this particular setup is a rookie mistake.

If there is a civilian watcher, a civilian tracker, and a civilian jailer, and you know this, then taking a shot at the most active person who just nailed Ultra is not very wise. I would have advised against such a thing myself.

So that directs me to consider who is not wise or not paying attention to the setup.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I declare that the mafia team is sloppy and unorganized.
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

If I find out post-game that mafia shot at JJJ last night, I'll be sure to lock you as town for the rest of the game.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:06 pm If I find out post-game that mafia shot at JJJ last night, I'll be sure to lock you as town for the rest of the game.
LIKE!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:06 pm If I find out post-game that mafia shot at JJJ last night, I'll be sure to lock you as town for the rest of the game.
I'm sure that after the game that will really help.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Soneji] aubergine. Sorry i can't post more I am at work.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have no objections to a Soneji lynch, but I moved back to MP as a placeholder.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 228

Post by novaselinenever »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 pm I don't know if this means anything to new people, but I think JJJ will back me up if it helps.

I don't lynch JJJ Day 1 (I've said this much) but I don't kill JJJ Night 1 either. I consider him prime competition when I am bad and he is not.

If you care enough to believe that, then you will know I'm good. I understand if you don't.
Didn't you kill Dunya in World Flags N1?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 pm I don't know if this means anything to new people, but I think JJJ will back me up if it helps.

Is dunya JJJ?

I'm not sure that...not wait, I'm pretty sure dunya is not JJJ.
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:09 pm I have no objections to a Soneji lynch, but I moved back to MP as a placeholder.
I just voted Jack. Come back to this wagon. Competing wagons are fun.
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:37 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 am
Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:39 am Nova, why the switch to Soneji?
Severely underwhelmed by his presence in the closing hours of D1. The few reads he have are pretty shallow, and especially the stance on DDL/Dragomir seems particularly contrived.
I meant more why do you not want to lynch JJJ anymore?
[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] did you respond to this?
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

Also can you post a readlist please nova?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:14 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:09 pm I have no objections to a Soneji lynch, but I moved back to MP as a placeholder.
I just voted Jack. Come back to this wagon. Competing wagons are fun.
What is your grievance? I would consider such a thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't like Epi's recent argument at all.

For 1, it's completely irrelevant if Jay is Mafia.

For 2, it's wifom.

For 3, Epi wasn't even getting votes so I have no idea why he felt the need to townsignal himself. "Look at me I am a townie" is what Mafia do. Mafia care about looking like civilians way more than civs do.

"Oh I wouldn't do that as Mafia because I don't do that as Mafia." is the dumbest shit ever.

I think Epi made all that shit up to throw off the DDL wagon.

[VOTE: Epi] aubergine
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 228

Post by novaselinenever »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:13 pm

Is dunya JJJ?

So you don't consider her prime competition when you're bad and she is not? :grin:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:18 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:13 pm

Is dunya JJJ?

So you don't consider her prime competition when you're bad and she is not? :grin:
JJJ is a mere mortal. He is a man with logic and reason and analyses. I can manipulate that.

dunya is a fucking sorceress. She peers into souls and divines the evil lurking within. I can't compete with that shit.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”