[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by Long Con »

Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:14 pm
juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:59 am Isn't Mac just listing the people who got assessed a vote for not voting correctly? I didn't take his post seriously.

Meanwhile we have to vote for someone today and it's going to be hard if people aren't posting content. So far nobody has said anything I can make a read off of yet. Does anyone have anything they think looks suspicious?

Today is my birthday by the way and I'm in another game too so I will be in and out.
Happy birthday!
I am suspicious of this Mac guy for now, because of the way he entered this day phase. He either knows something or he plays with us. I see it as a not wisemove to list yourself as town, that way he might approach us to trust him, but the nr 1 rule is not to trust anyone. I would vote off someone like him, so I expect him to tell us why he lists himself as town and this while we have no information.
That's funny, I'm the only person on my town list right now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:19 am I went sleep and came back and that's it? It is day one if I am correct and the people above me actually fluffed? Am I reading that correctly?
Wait, what is fluffing in this context?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:59 am Isn't Mac just listing the people who got assessed a vote for not voting correctly? I didn't take his post seriously.

Meanwhile we have to vote for someone today and it's going to be hard if people aren't posting content. So far nobody has said anything I can make a read off of yet. Does anyone have anything they think looks suspicious?

Today is my birthday by the way and I'm in another game too so I will be in and out.
Happy birthday!
I am suspicious of this Mac guy for now, because of the way he entered this day phase. He either knows something or he plays with us. I see it as a not wisemove to list yourself as town, that way he might approach us to trust him, but the nr 1 rule is not to trust anyone. I would vote off someone like him, so I expect him to tell us why he lists himself as town and this while we have no information.
Thanks Rej!

I've given my opinion about why Mac names those names so it's probably best if others tell you what they see (it would be best if Mac explained himself but he is in a time zone where he is asleep during our daylight hours and probably will not get here until late this afternoon). I will also say that a lot of times when I see people give a list of who they think is good they include themselves, which makes no sense to me but I wanted to alert you that happens regularly on this site. Anyway, hopefully others will arrive soon and we can continue this discussion and get other discussions going as well.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Rej »

juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:44 pm

Happy birthday!
Thanks Rej!

I've given my opinion about why Mac names those names so it's probably best if others tell you what they see (it would be best if Mac explained himself but he is in a time zone where he is asleep during our daylight hours and probably will not get here until late this afternoon). I will also say that a lot of times when I see people give a list of who they think is good they include themselves, which makes no sense to me but I wanted to alert you that happens regularly on this site. Anyway, hopefully others will arrive soon and we can continue this discussion and get other discussions going as well.

linki
thanks Juliet, I didn't knew people do it, for me it's an obvious thing that you should keep for yourself because with my current expertise such statements can cause a distraction (like now for me lol). doesn't change the fact that mac claims them all to be town (those guys with an extra vote on them). As noone spills information about it, we gotta have to test our luck this DP, I will be online for 3 more hours from now on. Hope something happens where I can investigate my reads into.
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Happy birthday!
I know I'm town. Does that mean I deserve a vote too?
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:40 pm
Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:19 am I went sleep and came back and that's it? It is day one if I am correct and the people above me actually fluffed? Am I reading that correctly?
Not spilling out the beans and playing AROUND the information. Like in Macs case, why he think them all are townies, but the comments on his case were kinda contentless.
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Happy birthday!
The thing with saying "I am town" is so baseless, because at this point of the game we have no invest results, which means that scum could also say "I am town". So I am not used to it, If someone is town he should stand up and make a real play.

We have 5 people that have a +1 vote on themselves, due to lackluster useage of mechanics, and who is giving us the guarantee of them being town when everyone could have been in their position even wolves.
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:06 pm
Not spilling out the beans and playing AROUND the information. Like in Macs case, why he think them all are townies, but the comments on his case were kinda contentless.
And that was enough to go ahead and throw a vote on him? Would anyone else who creates such a list of who they believe to be town be worthy of such a vote too?

Linki: Well if you're not used to it, that makes sense. I know some people do it based on personal playstyles/what mafia environment they come from or are used to. But to each his own I guess.

There could be some people who benefited from voting a certain way on Day 0 and had information as such. I wouldn't put it past Spacedaisy to include that as a mechanic.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Honestly, that's something I wouldn't mind exploring further. The hostess clearly stated that there needed to be an equal number of votes for each option. Are we really going to believe that 7 people just didn't read that clarification?

If I have time this afternoon, I want to go back and explore that.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine is mafia, i'm 9000% confinent
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

90000%
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:16 pm Honestly, that's something I wouldn't mind exploring further. The hostess clearly stated that there needed to be an equal number of votes for each option. Are we really going to believe that 7 people just didn't read that clarification?

That's an interesting thought. It used to happen all the time back in the olden days of mafia but I haven't seen it done recently. I don't have time today to go back and explore it but let us know if you see anything.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146

Post by nutella »

I thought maybe Mac's thinking was that scum would be more likely to read the rules thoroughly and to want to be careful to avoid the extra vote thing. And I say this as a civilian who read the rules thoroughly but also I just voted early enough that it didn't matter lol.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Spacedaisy »

“I wouldn’t put it past Spacedaisy,” is probably one of my favorite things to hear people say about me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:44 pm I thought maybe Mac's thinking was that scum would be more likely to read the rules thoroughly and to want to be careful to avoid the extra vote thing. And I say this as a civilian who read the rules thoroughly but also I just voted early enough that it didn't matter lol.
That makes perfect sense based on what I know of the way Mac thinks.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

So this is getting into meta, I cry, does it mean he set up his statement? Want me to unvote?
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:15 pm
Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:06 pm
And that was enough to go ahead and throw a vote on him? Would anyone else who creates such a list of who they believe to be town be worthy of such a vote too?

Linki: Well if you're not used to it, that makes sense. I know some people do it based on personal playstyles/what mafia environment they come from or are used to. But to each his own I guess.

There could be some people who benefited from voting a certain way on Day 0 and had information as such. I wouldn't put it past Spacedaisy to include that as a mechanic.
Aight man I understand, I am ready to cooperate, because it also seems I have to figure out some meta reads here as some was mentioned.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:16 pm Honestly, that's something I wouldn't mind exploring further. The hostess clearly stated that there needed to be an equal number of votes for each option. Are we really going to believe that 7 people just didn't read that clarification?

Three people... the first four to vote were as legit as the rest of you, and not in danger of punishment. One of the three, Epi, already said he got drunk and forgot.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Matahari »

Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:10 pm

Happy birthday!
The thing with saying "I am town" is so baseless, because at this point of the game we have no invest results, which means that scum could also say "I am town". So I am not used to it, If someone is town he should stand up and make a real play.

We have 5 people that have a +1 vote on themselves, due to lackluster useage of mechanics, and who is giving us the guarantee of them being town when everyone could have been in their position even wolves.
I don’t know if you are new to mafia or this site, but sometimes, people say they are town because one of the roles might be a lie detector role. Although in games where everyone is making a town claim, mafia can too, but it seems like a harmless enough statement to make.

I’ll be scarce today, because I have company and cooking to do for tonight. I won’t miss the vote but I have no clue about who to vote.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146

Post by nutella »

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] the poll doesn't appear to have an end time :(((
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Matahari wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:53 pm
Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:10 pm

Happy birthday!

I don’t know if you are new to mafia or this site, but sometimes, people say they are town because one of the roles might be a lie detector role. Although in games where everyone is making a town claim, mafia can too, but it seems like a harmless enough statement to make.

I’ll be scarce today, because I have company and cooking to do for tonight. I won’t miss the vote but I have no clue about who to vote.
But I think a lie detector shouldn't be able to dig information out of a "list". Anyway I got it. I am also town and trying out to find scum.
ImageImageImageImage
Oreki
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Oreki »

I didn't get the notification and now it's night time where I live. So I won't be active for quite a while, but I'll take part for a little time
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:20 pm

Three people... the first four to vote were as legit as the rest of you, and not in danger of punishment. One of the three, Epi, already said he got drunk and forgot.
Who are the other two? Either I'm missing in the posts who they were or they never posted stating they were voting for space.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Creature »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:36 pm [VOTE: Creature] aubergine is mafia, i'm 9000% confinent
You're really acting like Inferno390.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by SokothQultuq »

Yeah so I was just a dumb and didn't read it right, not sure why I completely missed the part about it being an even choice across the board like it was supposed to be. I literally was just being a dumb and didn't read it right. LOL - In regards to that theme vote. I saw choose your cubical theme and my instant reaction was "Space". Now I'm paying the price for not reading the post carefully.

Yeah to touch back on something someone said, I think its strange to vote ones self as a Civi on the basis that its kind of a given. Why would you just outright come out and say "I'm bad" so its strange and a confusing misdirection to me for someone to try and already press that they specifically are a "Civilian" in this case.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Kyle - why such a strong and sudden jump on Creature?
What makes you 900000% sure enough to drop a vote?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think she knows me from somewhere but doesn't want to admit it.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Its kind of going all in on someone hard without making much of a case other than. "9000%" Sure. That's pretty aggressive and with no explanation. Sounds like they think they know you, but without supporting evidence this bothers me.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Nah, it's just stupid.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

If they know me well enough to claim that "certainty" on me, I don't expect them to believe I can be mislynched.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

guess I'm gonna have to carry this game.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:17 pm Sounds like they think they know you, but without supporting evidence this bothers me.
You sounded opportunistic here btw.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:38 pm Dragomir
Epignosis
MacDougall
Oreki
SokothQultuq

Civilians
Bad post.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

also alphabetical order looks like a mafia tell.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Rej can be town
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:08 pm Kyle - why such a strong and sudden jump on Creature?
just 90000%
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:53 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:17 pm Sounds like they think they know you, but without supporting evidence this bothers me.
You sounded opportunistic here btw.
Yeah I can see that. But its true to me. It does bother me when someone claims someone is something and does not provide supporting evidence. They are just making a case for me in this instance. I'm just calling it how I see it in this case.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:00 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:08 pm Kyle - why such a strong and sudden jump on Creature?
just 90000%
Sorry, my bad... LOL But that feels a bit like your dodging answering the question. Unless your about to drop some mad knowledge on us...
Why 90000%?
I'd be interested in hearing your case for this vote and claim.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

my reasoning is that he seems anxious, he made posts about how there's been nothing going on and how it's bothered him but hasn't made much personal effort to stir discussion up himself. he's made offhand comments but no running comments until basically an hour ago. that's not to say he's the only one in that boat but he sticks out to me because of that/ it seems disingenuous.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

when is the poll supposed to end btw? i want to be around. i know it's 6 but like,... what time zone
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Glad other people also start to see how confusing the post from mac has been, that is quite townish behaviour that I like.
Kylemii seems a mystery to me according to his statements...
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:14 pm Glad other people also start to see how confusing the post from mac has been, that is quite townish behaviour that I like.
ok he spilled out the beans, my sincerst apology
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Epignosis »

Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:14 pm Glad other people also start to see how confusing the post from mac has been, that is quite townish behaviour that I like.
So for me to look like a civilian to you, all I needed to do was act confused about Mac's post?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what is creatures like normally? in normal games
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:15 pm
So for me to look like a civilian to you, all I needed to do was act confused about Mac's post?
what else, there is not much content here, it's D1
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

not to imply that this isn't a normal game i just mean in other games than this one
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I view MacDougall and Rej as civilians.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Kylemii's - Thank you for that information. Buy why not come out with that from the get go? Why did it have to be coaxed out of you? Shouldn't you open with that instead of just dropping a random vote and an obscure note?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm Kylemii's - Thank you for that information. Buy why not come out with that from the get go? Why did it have to be coaxed out of you? Shouldn't you open with that instead of just dropping a random vote and an obscure note?
He got a reaction out of you. :grin:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm my reasoning is that he seems anxious, he made posts about how there's been nothing going on and how it's bothered him but hasn't made much personal effort to stir discussion up himself. he's made offhand comments but no running comments until basically an hour ago. that's not to say he's the only one in that boat but he sticks out to me because of that/ it seems disingenuous.
Kyle, when I looked at Daisy's post that began the day it was posted at 7:18 my time (eastern daylight) so I'm assuming this phase would end sometime around then.

I am not at all sure who to vote for. No one is standing out to me so far. I'll look over your point on Creature, Kyle.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”