[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 35

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by SokothQultuq »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 pm also alphabetical order looks like a mafia tell.
Question - is this really a thing? Putting a list in alphabetical order is a Mafia Tell?
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm Kylemii's - Thank you for that information. Buy why not come out with that from the get go? Why did it have to be coaxed out of you? Shouldn't you open with that instead of just dropping a random vote and an obscure note?
He got a reaction out of you. :grin:
True, and I guess that makes sense. Make a post to cause people to start diving in. LOL
I will admit I did like Kyle's response. I'm still reading into Creature more now. So it worked.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm Kylemii's - Thank you for that information. Buy why not come out with that from the get go? Why did it have to be coaxed out of you? Shouldn't you open with that instead of just dropping a random vote and an obscure note?
what can i accomplish by not voting with my accusation that i can't accomplish better by voting?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

no point in shaking the bees nest if there's no bees in it
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

:nicenod:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:32 pm no point in shaking the bees nest if there's no bees in it
There is depending on if you think you might find bees or honey.

To be fair, Day 1s usually have very little to go on. Isn't it better to be as transparent as possible from the get go?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

So the poll would be ending soon then. The thing between kyle and creature is interesting.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 pm So the poll would be ending soon then. The thing between kyle and creature is interesting.
What about it do you find interesting specifically?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:32 pm no point in shaking the bees nest if there's no bees in it
There is depending on if you think you might find bees or honey.

To be fair, Day 1s usually have very little to go on. Isn't it better to be as transparent as possible from the get go?
I prefer Kyle's methods. Catch people off-guard with some bold moves.

[mention]sabie12[/mention] Where you at? What do you think of Kylemii's performance here?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

... should have looked at the linki. Hi Sabes!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:34 pmThere is depending on if you think you might find bees or honey.
is this a continuation of the metaphor or real beekeeping advice
yeah i guess. i was hoping to get a reaction from him, and i guess i did. i just don't really get what it means in the context of his own regular behavior.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

FWIW I do feel like Creature has contributed a lot without contributing a lot. Looks just like a lot of fluff to me.

Linki: Fair enough. Depends on one's preference I guess.

Linki2: Ummmm.....both? :D

Me neither. I've never played with him before so I'm having a hard time getting a firm read other than what I said above.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I've seen like 3 different people say the stuff between me and creature is interesting without saying why they think so and i disapprove
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Just that kyle seemed so sure creature is bad and took awhile to explain where that thought came from. And creature thinks kyle is some other person. It was weird. Also hi LC! People actually do call me sabbz haha.

Idk maybe kyle is just trying to put pressure on creature and get some conversation going
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sokoth didn't look too bad with his questions. I could look at it with an extra-suspicious lens and say that he was too concerned about how Kyle knew what he knew, which looks bad.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:31 pm
what can i accomplish by not voting with my accusation that i can't accomplish better by voting?
I guess that seems to me like a very bold play to me to just drop a vote. I know they can be changed, but to me it looks aggressive with so much circumstantial evidence. But that's each persons play style I guess. It worked, you got peoples attention and got attention put on someone to start a conversation and get some information flying about.

To that point, your right Creature's posts are very ADHD. Meant to dive post count, but without substance in most cases. So just noise to filter out.
I feel like some of those posts in which he claims your another person seems like he feels that person or you had an axe to grind. (All the references to you being Inferno390)
The one thing that kind of stood out to me about the exchange that came about is they didn't really try to defend themselves all that much. Just agreeing with my posts but no real defense. Seems like a play towards "They dont like me from another site game, I'm being targeted" without saying it as much.
But I find a lack of substance to Creatures posting so far.
Anyone else see anything that stood out about Creature?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

FWIW I'm guessing we have until 7:18PM EST to vote.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Epignosis »

I'm guessing the poll closes at 7:18pm EST.

Bound to be a lot of missing votes, which isn't good.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [Day 0] Better Off Ted

Post by Epignosis »

indiglo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:38 pm Checking in, but very quickly. Welcome to all the new folks, and hello again to all the familiar faces!

I originally voted "Space" because it's clearly the best option, but after reading Daisy's post, I have changed to "Cars" because it needs more votes. I would encourage the extra "Space" voters to also change. Unless you really want your cubicle decorated with extra votes during Day 1. It looks like we're going to have to read Daisy's posts very carefully in this game!
Voting indiglo.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:41 pm I've seen like 3 different people say the stuff between me and creature is interesting without saying why they think so and i disapprove
I mean I thought it was weird in that he assumed you were someone he knew elsewhere. I felt like he was trying to offer that up as a defense in an "Oh silly you, you know this is how I normally am!" kind of way.

But yeah, obviously people saying that it's interesting and not explaining why is always a nice way for baddies to try and blend in.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:45 pm
indiglo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:38 pm Checking in, but very quickly. Welcome to all the new folks, and hello again to all the familiar faces!

I originally voted "Space" because it's clearly the best option, but after reading Daisy's post, I have changed to "Cars" because it needs more votes. I would encourage the extra "Space" voters to also change. Unless you really want your cubicle decorated with extra votes during Day 1. It looks like we're going to have to read Daisy's posts very carefully in this game!
Voting indiglo.
Can't tell if because of no-show or something else.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Creature »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm my reasoning is that he seems anxious, he made posts about how there's been nothing going on and how it's bothered him but hasn't made much personal effort to stir discussion up himself. he's made offhand comments but no running comments until basically an hour ago. that's not to say he's the only one in that boat but he sticks out to me because of that/ it seems disingenuous.
Damn, I think this community is primitive if this would be treated as an actual case.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Voting indiglo.
Can't tell if because of no-show or something else.
indiglo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:41 am
dunya wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:21 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:56 pm What the hell. I know nothing of this but I can kick all y'alls asses so hard you'd better get off my boy Ted.
so tempted to kick your ass. :biggrin:

I'm kicking it right now. :noble:
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:14 pm Glad other people also start to see how confusing the post from mac has been
You mean me or is there someone else?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:47 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm my reasoning is that he seems anxious, he made posts about how there's been nothing going on and how it's bothered him but hasn't made much personal effort to stir discussion up himself. he's made offhand comments but no running comments until basically an hour ago. that's not to say he's the only one in that boat but he sticks out to me because of that/ it seems disingenuous.
Damn, I think this community is primitive if this would be treated as an actual case.
Just wait until I club Spacedaisy and drag her back to my cave.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 pm
I guess that seems to me like a very bold play to me to just drop a vote. I know they can be changed, but to me it looks aggressive with so much circumstantial evidence. But that's each persons play style I guess. It worked, you got peoples attention and got attention put on someone to start a conversation and get some information flying about.

To that point, your right Creature's posts are very ADHD. Meant to dive post count, but without substance in most cases. So just noise to filter out.
I feel like some of those posts in which he claims your another person seems like he feels that person or you had an axe to grind. (All the references to you being Inferno390)
The one thing that kind of stood out to me about the exchange that came about is they didn't really try to defend themselves all that much. Just agreeing with my posts but no real defense. Seems like a play towards "They dont like me from another site game, I'm being targeted" without saying it as much.
Did you really find his response to be that defensive? The whole thinking he knew kyle from another site came off in a much more joking kind of way to me. I do agree that it's a complete lack of a defense either way though.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:14 pm Glad other people also start to see how confusing the post from mac has been, that is quite townish behaviour that I like.
Kylemii seems a mystery to me according to his statements...
So for me to look like a civilian to you, all I needed to do was act confused about Mac's post?
Yep
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:16 pm what is creatures like normally? in normal games
Dunno, has someone played with me before on one of the other two communities I regularly play on? It's quite a travel...
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

And here I was thinking I would share my Honey Roasted Cave Bear with everyone. None for you!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Then what have you seen so far that is worth examining from Day 0 and 1?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

The jumpy reaction?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:50 pm
And here I was thinking I would share my Honey Roasted Cave Bear with everyone. None for you!
No thanks. I've heard bear meat is quite oily.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 pm also alphabetical order looks like a mafia tell.
Question - is this really a thing? Putting a list in alphabetical order is a Mafia Tell?
I usually do that because I fear players would try to read my order if it's non-alphabetical.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Did you really find his response to be that defensive? The whole thinking he knew kyle from another site came off in a much more joking kind of way to me. I do agree that it's a complete lack of a defense either way though.
Sorry if I wasn't clear on that, I did not feel that it was a great defense no. If there was humor mean from his exchange regarding that inferno thing, I missed it.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:50 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:16 pm what is creatures like normally? in normal games
Dunno, has someone played with me before on one of the other two communities I regularly play on? It's quite a travel...
Would that affect how your current interactions are being viewed?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 pm So the poll would be ending soon then. The thing between kyle and creature is interesting.
Vote someone
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:38 pm
What about it do you find interesting specifically?
Looks like just for the sake of saying it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Uhhh crap I'm busy and not caught up but it looks like the consensus is we have another hour?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:51 pm
I usually do that because I fear players would try to read my order if it's non-alphabetical.
Why does if a list is alphabetical or not play any part on if someone is a civvie or baddie?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:41 pm Just that kyle seemed so sure creature is bad and took awhile to explain where that thought came from. And creature thinks kyle is some other person. It was weird. Also hi LC! People actually do call me sabbz haha.

Idk maybe kyle is just trying to put pressure on creature and get some conversation going
Still waiting on an actual response here and not just going with the flow.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:40 pm FWIW I do feel like Creature has contributed a lot without contributing a lot. Looks just like a lot of fluff to me.
Oh right, I forgot pointing out Sokoth's jumpy reaction is fluff.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:41 pm I've seen like 3 different people say the stuff between me and creature is interesting without saying why they think so and i disapprove
Me too and I'm inclined to think scum are among them.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 pm To that point, your right Creature's posts are very ADHD.
What?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

~an hour and 20 minutes
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Also, man, fluffing doesn't mean shit afair.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:54 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:41 pm Just that kyle seemed so sure creature is bad and took awhile to explain where that thought came from. And creature thinks kyle is some other person. It was weird. Also hi LC! People actually do call me sabbz haha.

Still waiting on an actual response here and not just going with the flow.
did you want a response from me or sabie
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

This doesn't look genuine at all, or it's amateur.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

How did I not answer why I thought it was weird? Kyle is all over the place being like I'm not gonna read anything and then explaining what the rule is then accusing creature out of nowhere who had assumed they knew them from some other site. It's a strange interaction. What response are you looking for?
I think either one of them could be bad because they're both acting weird but I'm really not familiar with either of them or their play style. Mac has been uncharacteristically quiet this game.
~Darren Shan~
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:50 pm
Then what have you seen so far that is worth examining from Day 0 and 1?
Plenty of players, one being sabie, have just gone "this fight is interesting". We can talk about them.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:51 pm
You guys, he used the exact same order as Daisy used when she named those people as far as I can see.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”