[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 50

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by Epignosis »

I'm quite surprised nutella jumped onto indiglo like that.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Creature »

I may actually be missing players tbh.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 35

Re: [Day 0] Better Off Ted

Post by SokothQultuq »

indiglo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:38 pm Checking in, but very quickly. Welcome to all the new folks, and hello again to all the familiar faces!

I originally voted "Space" because it's clearly the best option, but after reading Daisy's post, I have changed to "Cars" because it needs more votes. I would encourage the extra "Space" voters to also change. Unless you really want your cubicle decorated with extra votes during Day 1. It looks like we're going to have to read Daisy's posts very carefully in this game!
Why are we voting just based on one post?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:28 pm Do we have less than an hour?
About 50 minutes.
Dammit
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:31 pm I'm quite surprised nutella jumped onto indiglo like that.
Me too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:58 pm How did I not answer why I thought it was weird? Kyle is all over the place being like I'm not gonna read anything and then explaining what the rule is then accusing creature out of nowhere who had assumed they knew them from some other site. It's a strange interaction. What response are you looking for?
I think either one of them could be bad because they're both acting weird but I'm really not familiar with either of them or their play style. Mac has been uncharacteristically quiet this game.
I've been busy. Life goes beyond Mafia sometimes. I know shocking right.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:31 pm
indiglo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:38 pm Checking in, but very quickly. Welcome to all the new folks, and hello again to all the familiar faces!

I originally voted "Space" because it's clearly the best option, but after reading Daisy's post, I have changed to "Cars" because it needs more votes. I would encourage the extra "Space" voters to also change. Unless you really want your cubicle decorated with extra votes during Day 1. It looks like we're going to have to read Daisy's posts very carefully in this game!
Who is we?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Starting to think indiglo is a mislynch or atleast not groupscum
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Spacedaisy »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:28 pm Do we have less than an hour?
Yes, the poll will end at 7:18 pm EST.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:19 pm I understand the suspicion on indigo as their only post said they were going to read things carefully and then they haven't been here since.

No, I said it would be important to read Daisy's posts carefully. The hostess's posts. The lady who posts the rules and what not? :noble:

I also clearly said before the game started I wouldn't be here much. But I'll try my best to keep up with the thread and at least get my votes in. Working on that right now, but I'm hella busy with RL stuff and don't have much time to mafia these days.

Hella linki - posting then going back to continue catching up.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:27 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:23 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:18 pm Okay, I'll feel bad if I'm wrong on Sokoth because I think he justified that jump on Kyle and it could still come from town anyway, but he still seems meh to me.
So would you say he's more on the neutral side or on the potentially bad side? Because I'm still leaning the second one.

I think my vote is going to either to him or sadie at this point.
Considering he OMGUSed me, I wouldn't mind him dying.
Between him and sadie, who do you currently feel worse about?

I'm leaning towards sadie myself. I don't agree with Sokoth's logic to tie you and kyle in as teammates. But I've seen civvies make the same faulty argument before so there is a chance IMO it's coming from that. I keep feeling like sadie continues to expound on the initial interaction between you and kyle being weird without adding anything else to it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:29 pm
juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:28 pm Epi, I'm not sure what that second post is talking about - looks like it may be from the sign-up thread - but I take it this is your answer as to why you are voting Indi. For the dense among us (maybe thats just me) can you tell us why that post is vote-worthy? Or are you joking and it's really that she never came back and posted again?
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:47 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Voting indiglo.
Can't tell if because of no-show or something else.
indiglo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:41 am
dunya wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:21 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:56 pm What the hell. I know nothing of this but I can kick all y'alls asses so hard you'd better get off my boy Ted.
so tempted to kick your ass. :biggrin:

I'm kicking it right now. :noble:
It isn't vote-worthy. It's a vote to have a vote up there and it's on someone who has one post.
Ok thank you!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I believe Kylemii's instincts. Creature pinged me more than anyone else in catch up.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:31 pm I'm quite surprised nutella jumped onto indiglo like that.
Did she actually post why? I can't find one anywhere. So maybe she just did a hit-and-run vote?
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:32 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Who is we?
You and Nutella to be more precise. Others are talking about it.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:32 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:27 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:23 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:18 pm Okay, I'll feel bad if I'm wrong on Sokoth because I think he justified that jump on Kyle and it could still come from town anyway, but he still seems meh to me.
So would you say he's more on the neutral side or on the potentially bad side? Because I'm still leaning the second one.

I think my vote is going to either to him or sadie at this point.
Considering he OMGUSed me, I wouldn't mind him dying.
Between him and sadie, who do you currently feel worse about?

I'm leaning towards sadie myself. I don't agree with Sokoth's logic to tie you and kyle in as teammates. But I've seen civvies make the same faulty argument before so there is a chance IMO it's coming from that. I keep feeling like sadie continues to expound on the initial interaction between you and kyle being weird without adding anything else to it.
I lean towards sadie too, any reaction from her seems disingenuinuous.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:32 pm Starting to think indiglo is a mislynch or atleast not groupscum
I mean, I don't like any of the candidates who have votes at this point.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: sabie12] aubergine
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I know we can change votes, but I'm pretty certain at this point on who is getting mine. I just feel like the indiglo and Creature votes are potentially easy lynches for baddies to hide behind.

[VOTE: ]Sabie12] aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 pmlmao
x_x

but who do you think was the shadiest of the people who jumped on you after my initial thing
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:37 pm
x_x

but who do you think was the shadiest of the people who jumped on you after my initial thing
sabie12
Sokoth

Rej didn't like either
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sabie12 was the shadiest I could find.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:54 pm :srsnod:

Epi has never been more correct in his life.

He's town. Someone fight me on this.
I'm far more comfortable voting Wilgy than indiglo.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

x_x

So kylemii are you saying you don't suspect creature?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

At this point it will take me awhile to reread all these posts and try to get a feeling about them. Skimming is not thinking. I’m trying to stay caught up but that’s about all I’ve had time for today. I seriously don’t like day 1s when I don’t have a gut feeling at least to go on.
I don’t know what to do.

Lot of linki
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

35 minutes to do that.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:58 pm How did I not answer why I thought it was weird? Kyle is all over the place being like I'm not gonna read anything and then explaining what the rule is then accusing creature out of nowhere who had assumed they knew them from some other site. It's a strange interaction. What response are you looking for?
I think either one of them could be bad because they're both acting weird but I'm really not familiar with either of them or their play style. Mac has been uncharacteristically quiet this game.
sabie, you say you think either of them could be bad because they are both acting strange but then go on to say you're not familiar with either of them or their play style. I just don't understand that at all. Strange as compared to what? Also, I would think you would know by now but maybe you've missed it, Mac is from the other side of the world and is asleep during the day when we are all posting. He's always quiet during the day, it's not uncharacteristic.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I'm willing to vote creature because I find him to be sketchy with his playstyle and fluffy opening posts. The weird wording of things and claiming to know kyle. Just thought the whole interaction was weird. I explained why I thought it was weird but apparently that wasnt good enough.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

3/3 of my scumreads have expressed a scumread on me after I expressed my scumread on them. What's the current record?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sorry sabie but I'm more suspicious of you than any of the others right now. [VOTE: sabie12] aubergine

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:45 pm I'm willing to vote creature because I find him to be sketchy with his playstyle and fluffy opening posts. The weird wording of things and claiming to know kyle. Just thought the whole interaction was weird. I explained why I thought it was weird but apparently that wasnt good enough.
vs
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:21 pm So I've got nothing to go on for Indi and not enough time to read into that, but I'll be looking into Indi for next round.
Kyle - Following the conversation which I originally was concerned with made a case and then caused creature to react and build a case against himself in my opinion.
Creature on the other hand has been all over the place, I feel like he's been misdirecting now once the pressure shifted to him. He's back on his heels trying to save face in my opinion. Even went as far as to throw me under the buss after trying to essentially defend his position.
Since I have no one that really stands out to me at this time other than Creature.

[VOTE: VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Fight!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I agree, I'm also going to [VOTE: sabie12] aubergine.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:42 pm
x_x

So kylemii are you saying you don't suspect creature?
i'm undecided. but the point of "90,000%" was never to throw trash in his back yard, but more to see how everyone else reacts to the trash, or the bees
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:50 pm I agree, I'm also going to [VOTE: sabie12] aubergine.
Why?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:50 pm I agree, I'm also going to [VOTE: sabie12] aubergine.
Why?
Creature demands justification from someone voting in his favor.

Why could that be?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 pm
sabie, you say you think either of them could be bad because they are both acting strange but then go on to say you're not familiar with either of them or their play style. I just don't understand that at all. Strange as compared to what? Also, I would think you would know by now but maybe you've missed it, Mac is from the other side of the world and is asleep during the day when we are all posting. He's always quiet during the day, it's not uncharacteristic.

linki

I wasn't accusing mac just saying he usually posts more in general that's all. I know hes in a different time zone.

I just meant I thought the interaction and wording of things was weird but I dont know if they're always like that. Like it seems weird to me but maybe that's just how they usually talk. Like how they don't know how I usually play and that I have a hard time coming up with a lot of reads initially.
Every time I try to I am judged very harshly saying I dont have good enough reasons or explanations when its day 1 and theres not a lot to go on.
~Darren Shan~
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'd rather lynch Wilgy than Creature or sabie.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:53 pm I'd rather lynch Wilgy than Creature or sabie.
Oh poo, I had finally decided on sabie. That mis-quoting me sticks in my craw, it feels like hoping to build momentum with a nothing. Nutella's vote on me feels genuine at least.

Are you serious about Wilgy?

I was going to ask Jules too, but I don't have to as she just voted sabie.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ok talk to me about sabie
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

20 minutes...
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:52 pm
juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 pm

linki

I wasn't accusing mac just saying he usually posts more in general that's all. I know hes in a different time zone.

I just meant I thought the interaction and wording of things was weird but I dont know if they're always like that. Like it seems weird to me but maybe that's just how they usually talk. Like how they don't know how I usually play and that I have a hard time coming up with a lot of reads initially.
Every time I try to I am judged very harshly saying I dont have good enough reasons or explanations when its day 1 and theres not a lot to go on.
Ok thanks for responding sabie.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:51 pm
Why?

Why could that be?
Are you sharing with the rest of the class or not?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

indiglo wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:56 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:53 pm I'd rather lynch Wilgy than Creature or sabie.
Oh poo, I had finally decided on sabie. That mis-quoting me sticks in my craw, it feels like hoping to build momentum with a nothing. Nutella's vote on me feels genuine at least.

Are you serious about Wilgy?

I was going to ask Jules too, but I don't have to as she just voted sabie.
I wasnt going to vote for you I was trying to understand what the case was against you since you had a couple of votes.
~Darren Shan~
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ep, talk to me please about Dr. Wilgy. I'm a little anxious about sabie because she's getting so many votes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Yeah Sabie's comment about not knowing their play style but saying they are acting weird is kind of a strange thing to state. I get it on the Mac thing not knowing that he was in another part of the country working a different time zone it make sense if you didn't know that.

Though this is the only evidence anyone's really pointing on? Was there something more about her that stood out? Everyone seems to be running the train on this particular thing it looks like. I am curious to know more. Its not enough outright at this time for me to swing my vote but its worth keeping an eye on if they survive the cycle.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Dr Wilgy doesn’t seem very serious about the game. But that’s all I see where he is concerned. Why is he a good vote?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:51 pm
Why?

Why could that be?
Are you sharing with the rest of the class or not?
I want to know his own reason to jumping in.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 pm So the poll would be ending soon then. The thing between kyle and creature is interesting.
First real post. Based on the "interesting" tell, she basically came out right here and said, "I am mafia."
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:41 pm Just that kyle seemed so sure creature is bad and took awhile to explain where that thought came from. And creature thinks kyle is some other person. It was weird. Also hi LC! People actually do call me sabbz haha.

Idk maybe kyle is just trying to put pressure on creature and get some conversation going
Asked to elaborate, she just lists basic facts about the situation. "It was weird." Oh, that explains the first comment with more clarity.
First part: unsatisfying.

Pink part: Wishy-washy attempt to keep the "one is bad" train alive.

Teal part: Rando-jab out at Mac.

I just don't really like any of her posts all that much.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

5 votes still missing...

Linki: Dr. Wilgy has never seemed serious to me. Maybe that's his persona?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”