[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 am I'm not finished with reading yet but looking at the thread, @birdwithteeth11 comes off quite aggressively and his behavior not really feel like town behavior, it's more comes off as a wolf for me. They way he ask players or point out thinks Kinda coming forcefully. I will read the entire thread and will provide my reads on my suspect along with birdwith.
I shall await responding to this until you post your case. But I am curious on your reads since I'm pretty sure I never played with you before.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm my reasoning is that he seems anxious, he made posts about how there's been nothing going on and how it's bothered him but hasn't made much personal effort to stir discussion up himself. he's made offhand comments but no running comments until basically an hour ago. that's not to say he's the only one in that boat but he sticks out to me because of that/ it seems disingenuous.
Good post here, y'all should have lynched Creature.
What makes you say that? Because this post was one of the ones that made me draw the opposite conclusion.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:22 am
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm MacDougall, sabie12, Sokoth, maybe indiglo if we decide to follow Epi.

Am fine doing any of these.
A pretty big salad here. I'm surprised nobody called him out for it, at least from what I've read, since salads are an apparent scum tell in this forum.

I'll fully read the thread when I wake up.
I saw you reference a salad quote and went back to find it. I understood the sabie and indiglo (not as much) ones, but the other 2 baffled me. I mean, I guess MacDougall was kind of absent in the sense that indi was too, but then why not just include all people who were pretty absent for D0 and D1? Sokoth still feels weird to me, since I'm reading him neutrally right now.

I'll give you a tip of the hat for sure. This looks much more interesting in hindsight now.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 am
Creature wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am That's not a mafia tell.

Nice try, though.
I've seen it work enough times to want to find out. :feb:
Amen to that! :feb:
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 am
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am
Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:14 am
Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am Gosh Drago are you acting so tardy because you are scum? I know this kind of ego of yours, you used it when we swiped town in Novas One Piece game.
First of all Drago I wanted to relax on you, and I wanted to be genuinly cooperative.

So, did you see me going overly agressive against Mac? No, I just brought up a topic and if you have read the other pages, then you see that other people also had similair reads. I think there was nothing off of my play there, nor did I slip, FOS, WIFOM or fluff in any way. I wasn't stealthy and I have nothing to hide, while being in a new enviroment. I am genuine.

But let's go back to you and compare you to me:
Last minute jump, nitpicks on me, while for 100% sure you haven't cought up with the whole thread. That is absolutely unprofessional and clumsy and this should lower the credibility of any argumentation of yours against me.

Tbh I even didn't do anything great...to summarize:
- a bit of gamesolving
- pointing out a case/questioning a person
- some game related quotebacks

Sry for being new, but heck what's going on with you, the way you approach me (even before the game started) was so scummy. So either you wanna test me or you rly push against me because you know I am not scum and probably "newish". As one of my mentors it is not clever to waste energy and your own authenticity to just instajump on me. If this has been your plan all along, then thank you for training me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________///

So one town is down it's not a dilemma but I think real scum can be read through the pushes at the end of D1, at this point I rly NEEEEED to reread it multiple times because that way I get to know you guys better. (Note: I just came back from work, went sleep -> work, just to justify my 16 hr absence)
Are you purposely trying to ignore what I'm coming at you for?

I don't care about FoS, ego, aggressiveness fluff, WIFOM none of that shit. You were coming at Mac for something that was trivial and you've seen others do before but never done anything like this. You know damn well him calling himself town is not a big deal but you were trying to make it seem like it was. Only like one person shared a similar read.

You think I give a shit of whatever "last minute" jump I did? I didn't even know the DP ended, I just saw your posts and had to comment in it. By any means it does not lower my credibility in my argument.

Rej, I just love how you try justifying your play as townish completely ignoring the entire point of my questioning against you. You straight dodged when I hit you with and tried talking about stuff that don't even matter. You gotta do better.

Don't even try to act like you being a new player to the forum has anything to even do in this conversation. You know damn well it ain't.
PEPE
You pick on something that has already been resolved, Juliet hinted to me that people use to do it on this forums, another guy said it's ok because of lie detectors. It's all reasonable. It's similair to I/G and how it's purpose is completely unrelevant. Tbh I evolve I rly dislike how certain stuff is done.
That guy literally entered, townclaimed not only himself, but also the others. This fact was involved in my casemaking. He then left off and we almost never came back to that topic. And you tell me you don't find it sus?

I tell you why your move was bad from my perspective: You make a case on another case, you nitpick me but don't make a parallelcase on Mac? Cmon dude a mafiaplayer can do better. Why are you tunneling on me just because I do something new? You know for yourself that I try out new things and new approaches every game, I even told it to you when we chatted after I left the Hogwarts game. You Sir, what you are doing is obviously tunneling and you protect Mac. And that right now is not professional. BEHAVE SON!
Already been resolved doesn't change how bad it was. The meta or reasoning for what Mac did is irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Yes, it's similar to I/G so you know him saying I am town means nothing so why in Jesus were you trying to make it a big deal.

Nope. Nothing wrong with that. I've seen worse on OJ not being called out for so why is this even a bid deal. I do not care about how bad you're finding my case against you was. That is absolutely irrelevant to my entire. I just want you to explain to me why you're making a big deal out of something trivial especial when I've done shit like that as town and you never questioned it. You keep dodging actually addressing this point and defending yourself properly. All of this is irrelevant as fuck and just stalling. I don't know why the hell I should be making a parallel case on Mac when I'm coming at you for how you're coming at him. That makes no damn sense.

So what Rej? I don't care if I'm chainsaw defending Mac. All I want you to do is address my original. All this is meaningless and just a bunch of whatever. It's so irrelevant to what I want to get across. You want to call my play unprofessional when you're literally hopping, ducking, and dodging my actually point and trying to talk about something irrelevant.
As said you are tunneling and overread multiple paragraphs from me. I will tell it a last time: He not only called himself town but also all others from the lynch-nerfed players and then he disappeared. And you tell me it's not worth making a case?

About claiming oneself town:
Okay you got me but your reasoning is totally shit. You should have went after me like this: No role-claiming is allowed, which means invest roles can't tell us their results and won't be able to discuss them. It is my bad I realized it later on, but actually saying oneself is town is only profitting a lie detector and seriously I played over 20 mafia games or so and saw the lie detector only once in a one-shot version. So at this point it is not rly my fault, maybe one of my reasonings against mac wasn't that perfect, but dude I achieved my goal. I contributed, other people also went for it. I don't have to justify myself more. I have already been mislynched for trying out new approaches and behaving out of my own meta and that's actually my goal, having NO META at all, just playing mafia and sometimes you gotta use your gut feeling in combination with your aspects to start off something. So how long do you want to pick on me? You won't find a single slip just defense and genuiness.
Nope. I honestly do not care about what he did as there wasn't much wrong in it.

I don't even what in Jesus name this big ass paragraph is. So again, address my point and explain to me why you came after Mac the way you did because your entire read on him is trivial and a lot of has been done on OJ, but you never questioned the ppl there.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:32 pm Maybe having multiple scumreads is a mafia tell on this community, but where I come from it widely comes from town (and mafia imitating town). Saying that is a mafia tell would be actually a mafia tell to jump on something completely stupid.
Multiple scumreads does not equal Player Salad.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Creature »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:46 pm
Creature wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:32 pm Maybe having multiple scumreads is a mafia tell on this community, but where I come from it widely comes from town (and mafia imitating town). Saying that is a mafia tell would be actually a mafia tell to jump on something completely stupid.
Multiple scumreads does not equal Player Salad.
then that wasn't player salad.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth:
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:38 pm Dragomir
Epignosis
MacDougall
Oreki
SokothQultuq

Civilians
Bad post.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth:
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:13 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:12 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm MacDougall, sabie12, Sokoth, maybe indiglo if we decide to follow Epi.

I would be fine with sabie12 or indiglo. Why Sokoth or MacDougall though?
MacDougall's way of getting reads seem to come more likely from mafia.

Sokoth seemed opportunistic earlier and now seems to be avoiding the thread.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I didn't just throw random names on the list.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:42 pm

A pretty big salad here. I'm surprised nobody called him out for it, at least from what I've read, since salads are an apparent scum tell in this forum.

I saw you reference a salad quote and went back to find it. I understood the sabie and indiglo (not as much) ones, but the other 2 baffled me. I mean, I guess MacDougall was kind of absent in the sense that indi was too, but then why not just include all people who were pretty absent for D0 and D1? Sokoth still feels weird to me, since I'm reading him neutrally right now.

I'll give you a tip of the hat for sure. This looks much more interesting in hindsight now.
Wait, why are you trying to explain his player salad for him?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I tend to find most "scum behavior" (in terms of what actually exists since I think a lot of it is miscategorized) tends to cross over from forum to forum regardless of each forum's culture. It just might be presented in slightly different ways.

Tl;dr: No u
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 pm
I tend to find most "scum behavior" (in terms of what actually exists since I think a lot of it is miscategorized) tends to cross over from forum to forum regardless of each forum's culture. It just might be presented in slightly different ways.

Oh right, but there are a lot of variables. The act of just posting a list with 3.5 scumreads doesn't mean shit without seeing what could be the mechanism behind it.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm my reasoning is that he seems anxious, he made posts about how there's been nothing going on and how it's bothered him but hasn't made much personal effort to stir discussion up himself. he's made offhand comments but no running comments until basically an hour ago. that's not to say he's the only one in that boat but he sticks out to me because of that/ it seems disingenuous.
Good post here, y'all should have lynched Creature.
What makes you say that? Because this post was one of the ones that made me draw the opposite conclusion.
Kyle hit it spot on with that read on Creature, and I find him more scummy than Sabie was. Just me though.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:50 pm

I'm not doing it for him. I'm doing it for myself and explaining why I was thinking the way I was thinking when I made this post:

Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:35 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:29 am
nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 am

indeed, good catch. I will have to reread how that EOD went down to decide how I feel about creature. I don't know much about him as a player so I may have initially given him a bit too much credit just for high volume of participation. I think something fishy might have gone down with the counterwagons at the end there but again I'll have to reread to figure out what the dynamics were.
Or how about this tinfoil? You're scum buddies with him so you ignored it on purpose?(I'm not being serious with this). Though you might be if you're not gonna pay much attention to a player because they're posting a lot. Pretty lame excuse.

But I can believe that you just genuinely missed that as you did state that you were busy in an earlier post but we'll see. Though, I still don't like that excuse.
Hmm, interesting read. I'll be looking forward to see if this FoS develops into something bigger.

I think I agree with your conclusion, but not your logic. I get people not posting a lot through a phase or two if they're busy, but nutella's post came off to me more as "I don't have time to fully catch up now, so I better vote for a bandwagon-y candidate so it seems like I'm participating!" If you're busy that's fine if you don't make a good Day 1 vote. How she addressed it though is why I think her excuse is possibly BS.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:50 pm

I'm not doing it for him. I'm doing it for myself and explaining why I was thinking the way I was thinking when I made this post:

Aight.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Do you guys think there's a scum in the Sabie wagon?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Creature wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Oh right, but there are a lot of variables. The act of just posting a list with 3.5 scumreads doesn't mean shit without seeing what could be the mechanism behind it.
I agree. That's why I said I found it interesting in hindsight, not that your massively scum in hindsight. I mean, it doesn't make me feel better about you, but it also doesn't mean I'm ready to go ahead and vote for you as soon as Day 2 starts.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:57 pm Do you guys think there's a scum in the Sabie wagon?
Possibly. I think the odds are more based on what Creature's alignment is.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 pm
Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am Gosh Drago are you acting so tardy because you are scum? I know this kind of ego of yours, you used it when we swiped town in Novas One Piece game.
First of all Drago I wanted to relax on you, and I wanted to be genuinly cooperative.

So, did you see me going overly agressive against Mac? No, I just brought up a topic and if you have read the other pages, then you see that other people also had similair reads. I think there was nothing off of my play there, nor did I slip, FOS, WIFOM or fluff in any way. I wasn't stealthy and I have nothing to hide, while being in a new enviroment. I am genuine.

Last minute jump, nitpicks on me, while for 100% sure you haven't cought up with the whole thread. That is absolutely unprofessional and clumsy and this should lower the credibility of any argumentation of yours against me.

- a bit of gamesolving

Sry for being new, but heck what's going on with you, the way you approach me (even before the game started) was so scummy. So either you wanna test me or you rly push against me because you know I am not scum and probably "newish". As one of my mentors it is not clever to waste energy and your own authenticity to just instajump on me. If this has been your plan all along, then thank you for training me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________///

So one town is down it's not a dilemma but I think real scum can be read through the pushes at the end of D1, at this point I rly NEEEEED to reread it multiple times because that way I get to know you guys better. (Note: I just came back from work, went sleep -> work, just to justify my 16 hr absence)

I don't care about FoS, ego, aggressiveness fluff, WIFOM none of that shit. You were coming at Mac for something that was trivial and you've seen others do before but never done anything like this. You know damn well him calling himself town is not a big deal but you were trying to make it seem like it was. Only like one person shared a similar read.

You think I give a shit of whatever "last minute" jump I did? I didn't even know the DP ended, I just saw your posts and had to comment in it. By any means it does not lower my credibility in my argument.

Rej, I just love how you try justifying your play as townish completely ignoring the entire point of my questioning against you. You straight dodged when I hit you with and tried talking about stuff that don't even matter. You gotta do better.

Don't even try to act like you being a new player to the forum has anything to even do in this conversation. You know damn well it ain't.
PEPE
You pick on something that has already been resolved, Juliet hinted to me that people use to do it on this forums, another guy said it's ok because of lie detectors. It's all reasonable. It's similair to I/G and how it's purpose is completely unrelevant. Tbh I evolve I rly dislike how certain stuff is done.
That guy literally entered, townclaimed not only himself, but also the others. This fact was involved in my casemaking. He then left off and we almost never came back to that topic. And you tell me you don't find it sus?

I tell you why your move was bad from my perspective: You make a case on another case, you nitpick me but don't make a parallelcase on Mac? Cmon dude a mafiaplayer can do better. Why are you tunneling on me just because I do something new? You know for yourself that I try out new things and new approaches every game, I even told it to you when we chatted after I left the Hogwarts game. You Sir, what you are doing is obviously tunneling and you protect Mac. And that right now is not professional. BEHAVE SON!
Already been resolved doesn't change how bad it was. The meta or reasoning for what Mac did is irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Yes, it's similar to I/G so you know him saying I am town means nothing so why in Jesus were you trying to make it a big deal.

Nope. Nothing wrong with that. I've seen worse on OJ not being called out for so why is this even a bid deal. I do not care about how bad you're finding my case against you was. That is absolutely irrelevant to my entire. I just want you to explain to me why you're making a big deal out of something trivial especial when I've done shit like that as town and you never questioned it. You keep dodging actually addressing this point and defending yourself properly. All of this is irrelevant as fuck and just stalling. I don't know why the hell I should be making a parallel case on Mac when I'm coming at you for how you're coming at him. That makes no damn sense.

So what Rej? I don't care if I'm chainsaw defending Mac. All I want you to do is address my original. All this is meaningless and just a bunch of whatever. It's so irrelevant to what I want to get across. You want to call my play unprofessional when you're literally hopping, ducking, and dodging my actually point and trying to talk about something irrelevant.
As said you are tunneling and overread multiple paragraphs from me. I will tell it a last time: He not only called himself town but also all others from the lynch-nerfed players and then he disappeared. And you tell me it's not worth making a case?

Okay you got me but your reasoning is totally shit. You should have went after me like this: No role-claiming is allowed, which means invest roles can't tell us their results and won't be able to discuss them. It is my bad I realized it later on, but actually saying oneself is town is only profitting a lie detector and seriously I played over 20 mafia games or so and saw the lie detector only once in a one-shot version. So at this point it is not rly my fault, maybe one of my reasonings against mac wasn't that perfect, but dude I achieved my goal. I contributed, other people also went for it. I don't have to justify myself more. I have already been mislynched for trying out new approaches and behaving out of my own meta and that's actually my goal, having NO META at all, just playing mafia and sometimes you gotta use your gut feeling in combination with your aspects to start off something. So how long do you want to pick on me? You won't find a single slip just defense and genuiness.
Nope. I honestly do not care about what he did as there wasn't much wrong in it.

I don't even what in Jesus name this big ass paragraph is. So again, address my point and explain to me why you came after Mac the way you did because your entire read on him is trivial and a lot of has been done on OJ, but you never questioned the ppl there.
Stop this bullcrap bruh and give me the behave emoji now!
And I explained myself, can you please show who the heck on OJ did townclaim himself and others (based on results of misdeciding via mechanics) without further reasoning it? Please the heck tell me...I found it distracting, that's all. I found the whole townclaiming distracting, because of the lack of information he gave together with it.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:20 pm

- a bit of gamesolving

PEPE

And I explained myself, can you please show who the heck on OJ did townclaim himself and others (based on results of misdeciding via mechanics) without further reasoning it? Please the heck tell me...I found it distracting, that's all. I found the whole townclaiming distracting, because of the lack of information he gave together with it.
Me.

How in bloody name is that distracting? This is literally just like the I/G nitpick. Ppl not doing it is nothing big but of course it's sus for something and they want to say you're wasting town's time. Only ppl wasting town's time are those attacking it, just like you're doing here. It's not distracting, just leave it alone. It bothers NOBODY.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:33 pm

PEPE

Me.

How in bloody name is that distracting? This is literally just like the I/G nitpick. Ppl not doing it is nothing big but of course it's sus for something and they want to say you're wasting town's time. Only ppl wasting town's time are those attacking it, just like you're doing here. It's not distracting, just leave it alone. It bothers NOBODY.
Dude he claimed himself and the others town without a guarantee. :omg: Going into DP like "I am civilian, everyone have a nice game." is totally fine. But he came with a list and other players name. He involved others into his town claiming. And if noone would have mentioned it that person would have just totally go invisible. I had multiple reasons like not having the case of a person going invisible once that person enters the DP. It is quite townish from my side to keep discussion up without an agressive push.
Your tunneling on me is still overly agressive. Or either I am autistic enough to get distracted by that guy. Then I sincerly apologize for my autism behaviour.

Anyway our future is bright Drago I love it.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:51 pm

PEPE

Me.

Dude he claimed himself and the others town without a guarantee. :omg: Going into DP like "I am civilian, everyone have a nice game." is totally fine. But he came with a list and other players name. He involved others into his town claiming. And if noone would have mentioned it that person would have just totally go invisible. I had multiple reasons like not having the case of a person going invisible once that person enters the DP. It is quite townish from my side to keep discussion up without an agressive push.
Your tunneling on me is still overly agressive. Or either I am autistic enough to get distracted by that guy. Then I sincerly apologize for my autism behaviour.

You're autistic enough to get distracted by Mac.

Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:56 pm
Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:51 pm

Me.

You're autistic enough to get distracted by Mac.

One day I will use it to catch scum. Image
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: [Night 1] Better Off Ted

I don't have enough reads to do a rainbow read yet in this game, but if I did one, I get the feeling rej would be convinced I'm scummy. :biggrin:
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:47 pm I don't have enough reads to do a rainbow read yet in this game, but if I did one, I get the feeling rej would be convinced I'm scummy. :biggrin:
Nah I wont omgus-counter-argument you, like I did with Drago :biggrin: I open for new approaches
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:07 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:47 pm I don't have enough reads to do a rainbow read yet in this game, but if I did one, I get the feeling rej would be convinced I'm scummy. :biggrin:
Nah I wont omgus-counter-argument you, like I did with Drago :biggrin: I open for new approaches
How so? I feel like what you said to Drago suggests otherwise.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Rej is >rand town
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:07 pm
How so? I feel like what you said to Drago suggests otherwise.
It seemingly belongs to my "meta" and I have to get rid of it. I am still traumatized from the omgus I saw in the last game. Lemme wipe my sweat off. :sweatwipe:
Now I feel better. Also I am more confident with Drago to add this up. He, Ureki and Juliet are the only familair faces here.
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Creature wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 pm Rej is >rand town
What does ">rand" mean?
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hi guys, sorry I'm not around today I will have to catch up in the morning as EOD is this evening in the other game and I have dinner reservations tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 pm
What does ">rand" mean?
You got town for your alignment.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:55 pm
Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 pm
What does ">rand" mean?
You got town for your alignment.
:faint: this wouldn't happen on OJ, god thanks for bringing me here Dragomir
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Matahari »

I could probably just quote Juliet’s post above and say ^this, but I won’t lol. I apologize for not being active yesterday or today, but my Sunday plans were made before this game started. I’m in the other game as well, with tons of posts, and the lynch is tonight. I’ll be here more after that.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146

Post by nutella »

good LORD please stop with the long ass quote pyramids

Literally there's no need it's just fucking obnoxious
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

:haha: I'm just waiting for the forum to tell them they've maxed out on quotes. (Does the forum still do that? It used to only allow a certain number of embedded quotes per post.)

Ok, so I was asking Creature what he meant by this place not being MafiaUniverse 2.0 earlier. And I'm wondering what is your general mafia philosophy. Let me be more specific. In the last game I played here (I'm coming off a 3-4 year hiatus, I believe) players were talking about how they had changed/evolved their playstyles. Now they more looked for civ/town connections, rather than focusing on trying to nitpick scum tells. Then, using those civ/town connections to create a suspect list based on process of elimination.

I don't know if I'm explaining this well, as it's a new idea and new playstyle for me to consider and explore. However, saying that, I have found it helpful so far in this game, as I've been able to create a short list of players I feel pretty good about up till now. Obviously, no one is set in stone, but I do feel like it has given me a base from which to build, if that makes sense. And I'm curious if anyone else is approaching the game that way. If I am just a relic, just now coming around to how the game actually works now. LOL
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

I realize that may have sounded like the question was only for Creature. I didn't intend for it to sound that way. Input from others is welcome.

Ok, off to a graduation ceremony!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

indiglo wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:50 pm And I'm wondering what is your general mafia philosophy.
As town is post whatever comes into your mind (barring role and possible reaction tests), even if it's something pretty worthless/thread-clogger.

As scum/mafia must be try to imitate my town self but trying to not bus.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

The problem is that I end posting a lot and plenty of weird posts scum can cherrypick and accuse me.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Spacedaisy »

It has come to our attention that someone has been tripping the contamination alarm in order to get more coffee breaks. This is time theft. Additionally, it slows productivity down when the labs go into lock down all the time. Not to mention the money we spend on hazmat teams. But don't worry, when the company wants answers, the company gets answers. After an investigation a strike team was sent in to contain the guilty party. They have since been eliminated. Anyone who has heard that their kneecaps were also broken, please disregard this rumor. The company would never do something like that again. Let's get back to work!

Night 1 has ended. Kylemii has been fired. Day 2 has now begun and you have until the poll ends to lynch someone. Good luck!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Re: [Day 2] Better Off Ted

Post by Creature »

No role reveal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146

Post by nutella »

nooo kyle :(

[mention]Creature[/mention] often nks are not revealed here
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

RIP Kyle. He did switch his attention to a vote for Wilgy, but it wasn't that serious that scum!Wilgy would have felt threatened. Did I use that right? Scum!Wilgy means a Wilgy who is scum?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

this is the part where we lynch Creature
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by SokothQultuq »

Holy Hell... you guys were busy overnight. Just got home from work, trying to catch up.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 pm this is the part where we lynch Creature
Why do we do that?
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

So I find myself in a quandary. Sorry this conversation stood out to me for the overnight. I'm still looking into the other post but wanted to get my thoughts out.

I still have my reservations about Creature but this conversation with Rej and Dragon has pulled my focus. The entire thing unfolded rather interestingly to me. I don't feel like anything was resolved aside from a bunch of accusations being tossed about.

Rej professes and says he's new to the game, how true is this? He started out the game making posts that would lend to that effect. The post about not knowing where the "voting" thing is. Questions about mechanics and such. But then this showed up:
Rej, you've played multiple games with me where I just out of the blue stated that I am town. I flipped town in all of them. Also, you've never questioned me doing this nor thought of it as a scum tactic so I'm not sure what you're doing here.
- said by Dragon to Rej

While I'm sure there are differences in mechanics between sites I feel like this kind of shines a light that you know more about the game than your trying to portray.

Dragon came in like a wrecking ball a couple of times. I mean his first post in the game right of the gate was to vote for Rej. (You two got a bone to pick with one another?) but without any context. But then played it off in his next vote for Rej. But hardly any activity before this? You made no case, you didn't ask questions. Just bam, voted rej. Not going to quote that ball of mess that was your back and forth with him, but you finally came out and started giving reasons but you slammed him hard for semi-trivial posts. I get that he's new, and could be using that as a crutch against us. But I feel like this is an axe to grind and maybe not even a legit game mechanic. I feel like your posts went literally no where, just posturing and name calling. And then they just ended. Abruptly.

You both were pretty silent early on in the game for whatever reason, and then Bam the conversation to end all conversations. So I feel like all of that was either for our benefit in some way, you two teaming up to try and make yourself look good as bad people, or Rej is playing "New" while he's not and or he is actually new and was caught off guard and put back on his heels and went hard into that conversation out of a misguided attempt to defend himself and got baited or your both Townies just posturing I'm really confused by this conversation because there was a lot of other themes brought into it.

I don't have a full opinion just yet, but it certainly makes me curious about the two of you. I don't really know the two of you or your play style with only 4 games under my belt now.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 am
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm Kylemii's - Thank you for that information. Buy why not come out with that from the get go? Why did it have to be coaxed out of you? Shouldn't you open with that instead of just dropping a random vote and an obscure note?
Why is it such a bid deal for you over how he presented his read on Creature? Is this some indirect worry and defense to your scum buddy? Though you did vote Creature up later on so hmm.
I was trying to understand his method. I look at someone who just drops a vote on someone with high suspicion when they don't explain it. It looks like a fishing expedition but clearly they have a reason. OR at least I think they should. I guess the way I play is more deliberate, I only vote when I feel I'm certain. With the exception of day 1 and 2, because were still feeling things out.

Also, you have to ask questions to get a response in order to get a read. Or you can just lurk in the background and hope your questions are answered by someone else stepping up to cause a ruckus.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

You know, kind of like what you did with Rej.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”