[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Re: [Day 2] Better Off Ted

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:39 pm
Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:53 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 am I'm a little concerned about how easy of a lynch creature seems to be rn. The low level of conversation/lack of anyone objecting makes me wonder if he's a mislynch and the real scum are sitting back contented with it.
Same here, that's why I expect people to switch and I am ready to switch once there is information, as I will actively check the thread the upcomming 6 hours and people will for sure build a case on the lynch. Who initiated it was it MacDougall?
Wait, so you're just going to sheep?

Rej is scum #2.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

It's the best thing going that isn't a Creature vote.

I will not be here for EOD today, but I have several hours still. So hopefully we can stay organized.

(Also, Creature, if you really are mafia, I tip my hat to you. lol :nicenod: )
indi, did you see something in LC's ISO that convinced you to vote him?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by SokothQultuq »

I'm at work through the rest of this phase today so my activity is going to be low, but this is my take right now and where I stand.

So I have my own reservations about Creature, he looked good day one just from his reactions and I lacked enough to really point the finger anywhere else so I'm backing off on Creature and watching because I'd like to see more from them so I can get a better read. While I'm still slightly suspicious, I'll hold that one in reserve.

Rej is still pinging me with his reactions, while his explanation of his "I'm New" thing was good. I still kind of feel like its a ploy so he's also on my radar.

Dragon I'm leaning more towards the good side. He's seemed somewhat consistent to me and if his method is to be believed he's staying true to his word so far.

I kind of agree with the information that's been said about LongCon's activity. I didn't see it before until it was put into context. I'm at work through the rest of this phase so I will try and get a good read on LongCon again, but I'm leaning this way as well.

Most everyone else I'm having a hard time getting a read. Partially due to lack of activity.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:05 am Great catch on that Player Salad from Creature. Huge black mark on his record for that.
LC, was it really player salad or was it just him listing his suspicions? (jftr I hate player salad because I can never remember the definition.) And I think calling it a "huge" black mark is a little much even if it is player salad.

linki [mention]SokothQultuq[/mention] Long Con's activity level has not been high in recent games. I agree with what he said about it, that it's NAI,
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]birdwithteeth11[/mention] what are your main issues with Mac? If you have already done a post where you explained what you see about him just tell me and I'll look at your iso.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146

Post by nutella »

[mention]juliets[/mention] it did fit the standard salad definition of "a, b, c, or maybe d" so it was a valid call-out but I think LC got a bit too excited about it/may put too much weight on it. I think I've also seen civ LC get overexcited about catching a salad though
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

juliets wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:27 pm

I will not be here for EOD today, but I have several hours still. So hopefully we can stay organized.

I'm not married to my vote for LC. At this point, I feel like my most likely candidates would be between Mac, Wilgy and LC. Because of how the votes started going down from the beginning of this day phase.

I wanted to get a vote on the board, and of those 3, LC had the most votes so far. I'm open to further discussion for sure, and vote changing, up until the time I have to leave.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:43 pm @juliets it did fit the standard salad definition of "a, b, c, or maybe d" so it was a valid call-out but I think LC got a bit too excited about it/may put too much weight on it. I think I've also seen civ LC get overexcited about catching a salad though
OK nutella thanks, particularly for the info that his "huge black mark" comment may be NAI.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:44 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:27 pm

I'm not married to my vote for LC. At this point, I feel like my most likely candidates would be between Mac, Wilgy and LC. Because of how the votes started going down from the beginning of this day phase.

I wanted to get a vote on the board, and of those 3, LC had the most votes so far. I'm open to further discussion for sure, and vote changing, up until the time I have to leave.
Ok, so it wasn't something you found in his ISO that convinced you. I just ISO'd him and didn't really see a lot. His beef with Creature seemed to be the player salad issue, and other than that he responded to Mac's plea to please vote Creature. [mention]Long Con[/mention] correct me if I am wrong.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Juliets is correct about everything, I am not bad. Just at work right now so not a lot of talk time.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 am I'm a little concerned about how easy of a lynch creature seems to be rn. The low level of conversation/lack of anyone objecting makes me wonder if he's a mislynch and the real scum are sitting back contented with it.
Same here, that's why I expect people to switch and I am ready to switch once there is information, as I will actively check the thread the upcomming 6 hours and people will for sure build a case on the lynch. Who initiated it was it MacDougall?

Rej is scum #2.
So are you going to answer my question or naw. Your play this game has seriously been scummy.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Creature was my main suspect going into today because of the player salad catch. That made it easy, when Mac said please just vote for him, to vote for him. I agree at this point that there has been little opposition , sort of... Or you could say that there has been much opposition ... due to little opposition.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:26 pm Oh yeah, I definitely see a scum in Long Con here. His posts last DP lacked any real substance and game solving. They were flat posts that didn't do anything to move the cart(make town progress in getting scum). He's way too agreeable with everything imo, especially with Creature. Makes it even worse as I believe scum wants this lynch to happen and he's fitting the bill of that scum.

Lastly, his iso on Sabie felt fake, forced and disingenuous. It was like "let me iso the person everybody suspects so it looks like I have actual reads and I ain't just sheeping."

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
[mention]juliets[/mention] Read this. The strongest argument against LC.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:13 pm Creature was my main suspect going into today because of the player salad catch. That made it easy, when Mac said please just vote for him, to vote for him. I agree at this point that there has been little opposition , sort of... Or you could say that there has been much opposition ... due to little opposition.
Do you trust Mac?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Rej is scum #2.
So are you going to answer my question or naw. Your play this game has seriously been scummy.
Image behave
I am not sheeping, I dislike the play of certain people (Mac) and don't bring up the stuff from N1.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Rej[/mention] what don't you like about Mac's play?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:18 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Rej is scum #2.
Image behave
I am not sheeping, I dislike the play of certain people (Mac) and don't bring up the stuff from N1.
You are setting up yourself to sheep. You literally say you're ready to switch once there's information which I assuming is a solid case on another player, so you can hop on that wagon. You weren't even sure if Creature is scum and still voted for him.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:13 pm Creature was my main suspect going into today because of the player salad catch. That made it easy, when Mac said please just vote for him, to vote for him. I agree at this point that there has been little opposition , sort of... Or you could say that there has been much opposition ... due to little opposition.
Are you still comfortable voting Creature? And you feel Mac is town?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:18 pm
Do you trust Mac?

Or this ^^ lol Derp :derp:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by indiglo »

Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 am I'm not finished with reading yet but looking at the thread, @birdwithteeth11 comes off quite aggressively and his behavior not really feel like town behavior, it's more comes off as a wolf for me. They way he ask players or point out thinks Kinda coming forcefully. I will read the entire thread and will provide my reads on my suspect along with birdwith.
DrWilgy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 pm @Creature if there's anything that I've learned in my time on this planet it's that if you sus bwt day 1 and he's not bad, you are. Wanna flip that coin buddy?

So I just found this. Wilgy is calling out Creature for doing something that Oreki did Day 1... but Wilgy doesn't throw any suspicion Oreki's way for it. I don't like that at all.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Meh, stupid website.

[VOTE: Dr. Wilgy] aubergine

What say you, sir?

XOXO Epi Girl
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:51 pm Meh, stupid website.

What say you, sir?
What do you think about Rej?
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:23 pm @Rej what don't you like about Mac's play?
there is multiple things accumulating together.
1. the way Mac entered DP1 claimed himself and the others town, he then didn't contribute much for a wagon giving me the vibe of him not caring for the lynch train, following his jump on Creature on DP2 which quite was an obvious train I fell also for it but I didn't know what do back then
2. Drago obviously tunnels on me again which I like. We can bring back drago's statement of admitting chainsaw defending Mac. Am I dumb or just tunneling myself on Mac? Atleast I try to combine the clues.

Drago and Mac are scum.
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

lemme add that Mac was pretty confident with his statement and it included Dragomir aswell, it is still bothering me now that Dragomir starts again to take action, right after I explained how I change my focus to Mac. Seems like Drago tries to distract from me and my strategy is showing fruits. My scumradar is heavily on Drago and Mac this time.
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 pm

What say you, sir?
more town than you son even if I am a noob
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:17 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:26 pm Oh yeah, I definitely see a scum in Long Con here. His posts last DP lacked any real substance and game solving. They were flat posts that didn't do anything to move the cart(make town progress in getting scum). He's way too agreeable with everything imo, especially with Creature. Makes it even worse as I believe scum wants this lynch to happen and he's fitting the bill of that scum.

Lastly, his iso on Sabie felt fake, forced and disingenuous. It was like "let me iso the person everybody suspects so it looks like I have actual reads and I ain't just sheeping."

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
juliets Read this. The strongest argument against LC.
Thanks Dragomir. I agree that his posts D1 lacked a lot of substance and game solving, the problem is he plays that way when he's town and when he's bad so it's hard for me to say that's evidence of scum behavior. I'll re-read his sabie ISO with your opinion in mind.

[mention]nutella[/mention] I notice you have also voted Long Con. What do you think of Drago's points here. If you've spoken to this and I missed it just direct me to your iso.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 pm

What say you, sir?
After an ISO, I get the distinct feeling he's flying solo here - no scum teammates.

Linki - posting, then reading, like I do :noble:

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Matahari »

I’ve caught up on the recent stuff, but I’m going to try rereading the game while there’s only 12 pages.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Epignosis »

I am four pages behind, but I am adding my vote to Creature. I saw "MacDougall, sabie12, Sokoth and maybe indiglo if we decide to follow Epi" and to hell with that. Why am I the one responsible for where other people vote?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:04 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:23 pm @Rej what don't you like about Mac's play?
1. the way Mac entered DP1 claimed himself and the others town, he then didn't contribute much for a wagon giving me the vibe of him not caring for the lynch train, following his jump on Creature on DP2 which quite was an obvious train I fell also for it but I didn't know what do back then
2. Drago obviously tunnels on me again which I like. We can bring back drago's statement of admitting chainsaw defending Mac. Am I dumb or just tunneling myself on Mac? Atleast I try to combine the clues.

Drago and Mac are scum.
Who else would you add to the team?

I'm thinking maybe more like Mac, Wilgy and Oreki now.

Linki~
Post, read, blah

XOXO Epi Girl
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Drago and Mac are scum.
Who else would you add to the team?

I'm thinking maybe more like Mac, Wilgy and Oreki now.

Linki~
Post, read, blah
If Drago and Mac really are scum then I would add Oreki, but I am not confident enough yet.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Poo, still no consensus and I have to go. I understand it, since there are still a couple hours left, but still, poo.

I'm waffling between a Mac-Wilgy-Oreki team and an LC-Wilgy-Oreki team. I prefer leaving my vote on Wilgy, who I feel more sure about, rather than choosing between Mac and LC. However, my Wilgy vote accomplishes nothing by its lonesome... and Mac and LC both have votes already, so my vote would have a chance to accomplish something.

Meh. I'm going to take another couple minutes.

XOXO Epi Girl
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]indiglo[/mention] why Wilgy?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't particularly trust Mac. I mostly don't trust Mac though, I don't distrust him specifically for this game. Like, not any more than usual.

To me, in a game where infodumping isn't allowed, saying "Can you just vote there because I asked" carries a bit more gravitas, because it's about the level of strength one could use to make a "I alignment-checked Creature and he's bad" statement.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:01 pm Poo, still no consensus and I have to go. I understand it, since there are still a couple hours left, but still, poo.

I'm waffling between a Mac-Wilgy-Oreki team and an LC-Wilgy-Oreki team. I prefer leaving my vote on Wilgy, who I feel more sure about, rather than choosing between Mac and LC. However, my Wilgy vote accomplishes nothing by its lonesome... and Mac and LC both have votes already, so my vote would have a chance to accomplish something.

Meh. I'm going to take another couple minutes.
This is kind of lame. So your big idea is that the whole baddie team is voting for Creature for some reason. Are we supposed to take that seriously?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:32 pm I don't particularly trust Mac. I mostly don't trust Mac though, I don't distrust him specifically for this game. Like, not any more than usual.

To me, in a game where infodumping isn't allowed, saying "Can you just vote there because I asked" carries a bit more gravitas, because it's about the level of strength one could use to make a "I alignment-checked Creature and he's bad" statement.
I thought about that too LC.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:37 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:32 pm I don't particularly trust Mac. I mostly don't trust Mac though, I don't distrust him specifically for this game. Like, not any more than usual.

I thought about that too LC.
And now we get Epignosis coming in late on the Creature train, either not knowing or not caring about the suspicion that is seeding for Creature voters. Does he get to be on the baddie team as well, indiglo?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epi, I don't know that you will get to this in time but why did you drop your suspicion of Wligy?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I tend to trust Mac so far. Maybe not 100%, but I don’t see a reason not to. He was quiet and town in one game, and more talkative and bad in the next. That’s very little to go on, but I’m a gut based player, and I have never played with six of these people. Mac has been steady on Creature, so I may vote him.
Some of Creature’s posts, I don’t even know what he means.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

yeah suspicious or not I think I'm going to vote Creature for similar reasons.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella and Dragomir:

"There's no one protesting Creature's lynch."

"Yeah, it's too easy."

"He's probably good then right?"

"Let's protest it!"

:mafia:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

Drago and Mac are scum.
Counterpoint. No.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:45 pm Epi, I don't know that you will get to this in time but why did you drop your suspicion of Wligy?
No reason.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I didn't.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm lemme add that Mac was pretty confident with his statement and it included Dragomir aswell, it is still bothering me now that Dragomir starts again to take action, right after I explained how I change my focus to Mac. Seems like Drago tries to distract from me and my strategy is showing fruits. My scumradar is heavily on Drago and Mac this time.
Heavily wrong sadly.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Here's why Creature is evil:

1. He softly named a bunch of people he could vote for and gave no reasons for any of them.
2. He attached my name to the end of the list, as though I had some important leadership role in guiding it, which in turn could be used against me should indiglo appear civilian. It had no civilian utility, but had plenty of use for mafia.
3. His reaction to the votes was not a concerned effort to find mafia: It was to give another list.
4. His teammates saw he was in trouble and washed their hands of him.
5. He's given up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:18 pm Here's why Creature is evil:

1. He softly named a bunch of people he could vote for and gave no reasons for any of them.
2. He attached my name to the end of the list, as though I had some important leadership role in guiding it, which in turn could be used against me should indiglo appear civilian. It had no civilian utility, but had plenty of use for mafia.
3. His reaction to the votes was not a concerned effort to find mafia: It was to give another list.
4. His teammates saw he was in trouble and washed their hands of him.
5. He's given up.
:clap:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

When huge wagons form in the early gamr they are almost always Mafia because Mafia teammates get apprehensive about rushing to create counterwagons when it's their teammate. They are far more likely to create effective counterwagons when the huge wagon is on a civ because it makes them look good when the person flips civ and their vote wasn't there. Then there is also the outlying possibility that he's just being bussed and you have a real high percentage scumflip here.

If Creature is a civilian one of or both Dragomir and Nutella are bad for trying to cash in on civ reading him imo.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Do you really think it's impossible for me, drago, and creature to all be town? Bc that's a universe that feels pretty likely to me here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”