[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: [Night 2] Better Off Ted

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 pm My suspicion on Long Con remains firm.
That's nice, but I'm still not bad. I'd say indiglo is looking not too great.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Re: [Day 2] Better Off Ted

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:25 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:47 pm I tend to trust Mac so far. Maybe not 100%, but I don’t see a reason not to. He was quiet and town in one game, and more talkative and bad in the next. That’s very little to go on, but I’m a gut based player, and I have never played with six of these people. Mac has been steady on Creature, so I may vote him.
Some of Creature’s posts, I don’t even know what he means.
Matahari wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:05 pm [VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Scum #2 spotted.

Let's kill them in all in order of capture.
Where are you getting this from?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm @birdwithteeth11 what are your reads mate?
My reads are that I need to re-evaluate now that Creature was civ.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Dragomir »

SokothQultuq wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 pm Things got busier at work than I had thought so I never got back too this or my vote. So all the stuff I wrote is kind of null and void now I guess. This would have been a hard vote for me given that Creature was looking good for being bad to me, but it wasn't really enough for me to vote for them this round.

I did take a look at Long Con and I'm not really seeing it. I was intrigued by the comment and suspicions of others. So I took a look like I said I would.
Most of LC's early posts were just filler and responses to others and those of us who were stupid enough to not read the rules fully for that first vote. Most of the posts up until the one right after he voted for Sabie in the first day lynch were lacking in substance honestly. Mostly reactions, with the occasional observation maybe mean to poke at people.
But then he called out Sabie and highlighting some actual points, and I feel like this helped drive some of the votes that went that way. They felt like honest observations though to me.
The posts after that just kind of helped seal Creatures fate, but they seemed consistent to me.

I could use a bit more context on why Long Con is a good choice for the bad guy team for a future look at for a lynch, but right now I'm leaning more towards a good guy.
I commented on his thoughts on Sabie, which I said they're fake, forced and disingenuous. What do you think about that?

Also, besides town reading Sabie, what other thoughts do you have?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:42 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:47 pm I tend to trust Mac so far. Maybe not 100%, but I don’t see a reason not to. He was quiet and town in one game, and more talkative and bad in the next. That’s very little to go on, but I’m a gut based player, and I have never played with six of these people. Mac has been steady on Creature, so I may vote him.
Scum #2 spotted.

From those posts I quoted. I didn't just randomly quote those two posts.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm @birdwithteeth11 what are your reads mate?
My reads are that I need to re-evaluate now that Creature was civ.
Re-evaluate and then get back to me then.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:33 pm
Why so?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:43 pm
Scum #2 spotted.

From those posts I quoted. I didn't just randomly quote those two posts.
Sorry, I totally missed that. I'm quite tired after today.

Yeah, that certainly doesn't look very good. Especially from someone who has been a bit absent (due to another ongoing game I believe).

I'mma go re-read Mata's posts so far.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:44 pm
Why so?
Actually, on second thought, I will reevaluate indi. Her theory that all the voters for Creature were scum rankled me, but I don't know now if that fits in with any sort of scum game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Is it just me or is dragomir the only person in this thread who is making any goddamn sense
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

She literally sheeped the wagon on Creature say that she's trusting Mac. That's a really sorry excuse. "Mac has been steady on Creature, so I may vote him", like dude what? She's not scum reading Creature, just voting him cause Mac is. I usually don't have a problem with sheeping as a lot of the time it's not that bad if you look at the context and how they're doing as some are really just genuine scum reads.

But this version is just terrible.

I just iso'ed Mata myself and her posts lack less substance and quality than Long Con's and she sheeped on the Sabie wagon too. She has badly sheeped not once but twice this game. This is bad.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:56 pm I just iso'ed Mata myself and her posts lack less substance and quality than Long Con's and she sheeped on the Sabie wagon too. She has badly sheeped not once but twice this game. This is bad.
I would agree. It comes off as baddie who is afraid to commit to anything and possibly be dragged through the mud for it later.

LC just feels like...a less talkative LC to me than I remember so far. I've never been able to read him after many years and probably never will tbh.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:55 pm Is it just me or is dragomir the only person in this thread who is making any goddamn sense
Man Nutella, do you genuinely believe I'm town for my play or are you pocketing me? I really can't tell honestly.

Like, I've pocketed players using this tactic before and it worked great for me in the end so I'm beginning to get suspicious.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:03 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:55 pm Is it just me or is dragomir the only person in this thread who is making any goddamn sense
Man Nutella, do you genuinely believe I'm town for my play or are you pocketing me? I really can't tell honestly.

Like, I've pocketed players using this tactic before and it worked great for me in the end so I'm beginning to get suspicious.
I'm not pocketing, you're just legit the only person making sense atm lol. Bwt sokoth and LC all look really sketchy in their last few posts bc they're either contradicting themselves or passively agreeing with whatever you say.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

For instance why is sokoth giving LC so much credit for driving a mislynch
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

SokothQultuq wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 pm Things got busier at work than I had thought so I never got back too this or my vote. So all the stuff I wrote is kind of null and void now I guess. This would have been a hard vote for me given that Creature was looking good for being bad to me, but it wasn't really enough for me to vote for them this round.

I did take a look at Long Con and I'm not really seeing it. I was intrigued by the comment and suspicions of others. So I took a look like I said I would.
Most of LC's early posts were just filler and responses to others and those of us who were stupid enough to not read the rules fully for that first vote. Most of the posts up until the one right after he voted for Sabie in the first day lynch were lacking in substance honestly. Mostly reactions, with the occasional observation maybe mean to poke at people.
But then he called out Sabie and highlighting some actual points, and I feel like this helped drive some of the votes that went that way. They felt like honest observations though to me.
The posts after that just kind of helped seal Creatures fate, but they seemed consistent to me.

I could use a bit more context on why Long Con is a good choice for the bad guy team for a future look at for a lynch, but right now I'm leaning more towards a good guy.
I commented on his thoughts on Sabie, which I said they're fake, forced and disingenuous. What do you think about that?

Town reading LC not Sabie [mention]SokothQultuq[/mention]
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:13 pm Creature was my main suspect going into today because of the player salad catch. That made it easy, when Mac said please just vote for him, to vote for him. I agree at this point that there has been little opposition , sort of... Or you could say that there has been much opposition ... due to little opposition.
This is the most suspicious post in the game.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:51 pm
Why so?
Actually, on second thought, I will reevaluate indi. Her theory that all the voters for Creature were scum rankled me, but I don't know now if that fits in with any sort of scum game.
This is a close runner-up.

Lynch Long Con.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Addendum--the first quote is particularly suspicious because his vote stayed in creature. He was like, "oh yeah, maybe I should acknowledge that it's worth reconsidering, but nah not really lol."
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Epignosis »

"She literally sheeped the wagon on Creature"

Phrases you never thought you'd ever hear in a hundred years for $100, Alex.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:03 pm

I'm not pocketing, you're just legit the only person making sense atm lol. Bwt sokoth and LC all look really sketchy in their last few posts bc they're either contradicting themselves or passively agreeing with whatever you say.
nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:09 pm For instance why is sokoth giving LC so much credit for driving a mislynch
Yeah, I can see a scum buddy pair within those two. Sokoth is trying to defend LC without being too hard about it and being very subtle with it. He's like trying to phrase it in a way where making it a town read but he's siding with us(those against LC). Just town read the guy and be natural with it. This "he does look kinda suspicious because of these things but he did this so blah blah blah). Subtle defense for LC which I ain't liking.

Also, yeah he's giving LC town cred for supposedly pushing a mislynch. That don't add up.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Like... and epi did this too, the implication that my and drago's token opposition qualified as the token opposition despite the fact it was because of the lack of opposition, and thus writing off the creature lynch as fine... It's so awkward and contrived and makes me think LC (and maybe epi) is scum who saw us object and were like, "hell yeah some townies protested the creature lynch so it looks better now and they will look bad." It was so unnecessary for him to say that if he was actually reconsidering it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:15 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:13 pm Creature was my main suspect going into today because of the player salad catch. That made it easy, when Mac said please just vote for him, to vote for him. I agree at this point that there has been little opposition , sort of... Or you could say that there has been much opposition ... due to little opposition.
This is the most suspicious post in the game.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:51 pm
Why so?
This is a close runner-up.

Lynch Long Con.
Could argue that the two posts from Mata I quoted are more suspicious but I agree on lynch Long Con. Specifically lynched cause I want to see his flip.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:22 pm Like... and epi did this too, the implication that my and drago's token opposition qualified as the token opposition despite the fact it was because of the lack of opposition, and thus writing off the creature lynch as fine... It's so awkward and contrived and makes me think LC (and maybe epi) is scum who saw us object and were like, "hell yeah some townies protested the creature lynch so it looks better now and they will look bad." It was so unnecessary for him to say that if he was actually reconsidering it.
:meany:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 pm "She literally sheeped the wagon on Creature"

So you got any reads?
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by SokothQultuq »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Town reading LC not Sabie @SokothQultuq
I actually didn't town read Sabie at all. I made observations of LC's posts. I kind of saw LC's observations but to me they seemed kind of lacking, not enough reason for me to jump on that train which is why I stayed with Creature as my vote that round that she got sacked. I didn't have really enough I felt to go in the red with LC. Not yet anyway.

I'm still suspicious of Rej. But i'm stuck in the middle on them.

I'm still re-reading a few people trying to decide how I feel.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:27 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 pm "She literally sheeped the wagon on Creature"

So you got any reads?
Walls of text within walls of texts are bad.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm

So you got any reads?
No game solving is also bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm

So you got any reads?
No game solving is also bad.
I gave it my best. :beer:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dang, Creature I'm sorry.

Drago and nutella look town to me and everyone else is up for re-evaluation. LC and Mac will be first.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Hmm, 14 players. I suspect it's either 10v4, or 11v3. Maybe 10v3v1(indie).

Oreki
Birdwithteeth
Indilgo
Nutella
DrWilgy
Juliets
MacDougall
Epignosis
SokothQultuq
Rej
Matahari
Long Con
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

Hey [mention]juliets[/mention]!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:41 pm
Drago and nutella look town to me and everyone else is up for re-evaluation.
On what basis?
LC and Mac will be first.
Long Con and MacDougall are civilians in my book.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by Epignosis »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:22 am
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm MacDougall, sabie12, Sokoth, maybe indiglo if we decide to follow Epi.

Am fine doing any of these.
A pretty big salad here. I'm surprised nobody called him out for it, at least from what I've read, since salads are an apparent scum tell in this forum.

I'll fully read the thread when I wake up.
I mean, gosh, didn't like...Dragomir point out the "salad" thing and comment on how it's "an apparent scum tell in this forum?"

Almost like...gee let me think...he wanted The Syndicate to...I don't know...run with it?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:43 pm Hey @juliets!
Who's currently your strongest scum read Mac?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm MacDougall, sabie12, Sokoth, maybe indiglo if we decide to follow Epi.

A pretty big salad here. I'm surprised nobody called him out for it, at least from what I've read, since salads are an apparent scum tell in this forum.

I mean, gosh, didn't like...Dragomir point out the "salad" thing and comment on how it's "an apparent scum tell in this forum?"

Almost like...gee let me think...he wanted The Syndicate to...I don't know...run with it?
Or maybe I was taking notice of how nobody pointed that out since I've been told that it is a scum tell on this forum? Ever thought of that?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Or maybe I was taking notice of how nobody pointed that out since I've been told that it is a scum tell on this forum? Ever thought of that?
To what end? If nobody on this forum noticed it or said anything about it, why did you?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And then when it picked up steam, you backed off and now want to have a go at Long Con. I call bullshit.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:48 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:47 pm

To what end? If nobody on this forum noticed it or said anything about it, why did you?
Because...it's an APPARENT SCUM TELL ON THIS FORUM.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 pm And then when it picked up steam, you backed off and now want to have a go at Long Con. I call bullshit.
Call whatever you want, Long Con is scum. Fight me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 pm And then when it picked up steam, you backed off and now want to have a go at Long Con. I call bullshit.
Fight you? I'd rather lynch you.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:43 pm Hey juliets!
Hello Mac!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:52 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:50 pm
Fight you? I'd rather lynch you.
Good luck with that.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

You can try, it's not gonna happen though.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:44 pm
Drago and nutella look town to me and everyone else is up for re-evaluation.
On what basis?
LC and Mac will be first.
Long Con and MacDougall are civilians in my book.
I'm operating on gut right now Epi but I liked how they looked toward the end of that lynch. I'll pull some quotes tomorrow because gut is always based on something.

Also I'm not accusing LC or Mac, I may very well come back and say I think they are town. LC is particularly hard for me to read, always has been.

Right now I'm going to watch TV.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by SokothQultuq »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 pm You can try, it's not gonna happen though.
That's pretty high confidence. I'm curious what you think makes you so untouchable?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

SokothQultuq wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 pm You can try, it's not gonna happen though.
That's pretty high confidence. I'm curious what you think makes you so untouchable?
I told myself that I will never be mislynched again. I'm also like leading the discussion the thread right now, so I have heavy doubts on everybody just scum reading out of the blue and lynching me.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Also, there's like 500 ppl who are more sus than me. It's not happening.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It's funny, when I get mostly proven Civ in another game, people jump through hoops to believe that Long Con is Way Too Clever and is pulling a fast one on all of us. Like I'm plans-within-plans superdevious. Kind of refreshing to be accused of being a baddie with such a sloppy no-plan.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Long Con wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:39 pm It's funny, when I get mostly proven Civ in another game, people jump through hoops to believe that Long Con is Way Too Clever and is pulling a fast one on all of us. Like I'm plans-within-plans superdevious. Kind of refreshing to be accused of being a baddie with such a sloppy no-plan.
Nothing sloppy about this case on you fam.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:43 pm Hey @juliets!
Who's currently your strongest scum read Mac?
nutella

Return to “Previous Side Missions”