[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Re: [Day 3] Better Off Ted

Post by MacDougall »

Killed civ, mislynched civ, killed civ
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Matahari »

juliets wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:57 pm @Matahari do you have any thoughts about indiglo? I'm going to iso her right after my MU phase ends.
The two hardest people for me to be right about are LC and Indiglo. I can never read LC, and Indiglo is tough. I guessed correctly about her in my first game back, because she wasn’t justifying her votes in a believable way, and avoiding the thread. So this game, it’s tougher because she is actually pointing out things that are comment worthy, but not tunneling in on it. I’m still neutral on her, but keeping an eye out. Let me know what you think after her iso.
I just read BWT’s post. I’m going with neutral on him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

BWT's vote is in a fairly obscene place right now
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:31 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:27 pm Or maybe wilgy really isn't teammates with bwt but is trying to make us want to lynch bwt first and get a town flip?

Idk either way [VOTE: drwilgy] aubergine
I mean. He or I first doesn't matter if proving that we aren't teammates is the required action at this phase. I at least know 1 of these choices is a miss, but will support either.
So wait, are you more concerned with "proving that we aren't teammates" vs. trying to lynch a baddie? This makes no sense.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ok Day 1 Indie votes:
1st at 7:04 she says she votes for sabie (she actually never voted though)
then at 7:12 she says she's paranoid about Sabie and votes Wilgy
then at 7:20, the very end of the lynch she votes Sokoth but gives no reason why

In between 7:12 and 7:20 Kyle voted Wilgy. Is that the reason indiglo changed to Sokoth? Because if she had stayed there would have been 4 votes on Wilgy, 4 on sabie. Are indiglo and Wilgy part of a mafia team? If so I don't see a reason to pull off Dr. Wilgy and change to indiglo. (I'm going ahead and posting this now instead of waiting until I've revised all her posts because it took me 20 minutes to research all the vote times and see what exactly happened here.)

lots of linki, posting then reading
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:28 pm Ok Day 1 Indie votes:
then at 7:20, the very end of the lynch she votes Sokoth but gives no reason why

In between 7:12 and 7:20 Kyle voted Wilgy. Is that the reason indiglo changed to Sokoth? Because if she had stayed there would have been 4 votes on Wilgy, 4 on sabie. Are indiglo and Wilgy part of a mafia team? If so I don't see a reason to pull off Dr. Wilgy and change to indiglo. (I'm going ahead and posting this now instead of waiting until I've revised all her posts because it took me 20 minutes to research all the vote times and see what exactly happened here.)

So you think we would gain the most info from lynching Wilgy?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Do we agree there are three Mafia?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I can get behind that. In a game this size, a setup of 3 mafia and 1 indy makes the most sense to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: [Day 2] Better Off Ted

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 pm @Creature if there's anything that I've learned in my time on this planet it's that if you sus bwt day 1 and he's not bad, you are. Wanna flip that coin buddy?
Is this post a scumslip? How does he know BWT is a civ?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:32 pm Do we agree there are three Mafia?
There were 16 ppl at the start. Is it inconceivable that there could be four? Or three maf and an Indy?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:59 pm
indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:48 pm
Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 am I'm not finished with reading yet but looking at the thread, @birdwithteeth11 comes off quite aggressively and his behavior not really feel like town behavior, it's more comes off as a wolf for me. They way he ask players or point out thinks Kinda coming forcefully. I will read the entire thread and will provide my reads on my suspect along with birdwith.
DrWilgy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 pm @Creature if there's anything that I've learned in my time on this planet it's that if you sus bwt day 1 and he's not bad, you are. Wanna flip that coin buddy?

So I just found this. Wilgy is calling out Creature for doing something that Oreki did Day 1... but Wilgy doesn't throw any suspicion Oreki's way for it. I don't like that at all.
Dude. I've only read like 1/3rd the thread. Is Oreki my teammate now?
Oreki's vote is currently not on Wilgy. Worth noting.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:31 pm
juliets wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:28 pm Ok Day 1 Indie votes:

So you think we would gain the most info from lynching Wilgy?
Hmm, - I guess right now I'm suspicious of Indi but I haven't finished her ISO so I wouldn't change my vote to her at this time. So that makes me want to stick with Wilgy for now. Who would we get the most info from? I just can't say yet but I'll consider it as I read her. Dang only 25 minutes left.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Of all the players Wilgy is the best lynch today. I have my reservations, namely his acquiescence but I think he has the most to gain from the Kyle and Epi deaths.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I’m going to vote Wilgy or no one. I don’t want to just skip a vote, that might have consequences.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:29 pm I see what you mean oreki, now it's seeming like this wagon is taking a significant lead as easily as the creature wagon did. I'm tempted to switch back to juliets or maybe join you on bwt
Nutella, Oreki and Wilgy are Mafia together I think.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[VOTE: Dr.Wilgy] aubergine
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

In terms of all the Wilgy voters, I'm trying to look at who would be the best candidate to lynch and hopefully start to be able to narrow down potential teammates. And of everyone who voted for him, the only two I would feel comfortable with right now would be either Mac or Wilgy himself. I'm still not sure enough on Mac to know if he intentionally led a mislynch on Creature yet or not. And Wilgy's self-vote claiming that it will help prove he and I aren't teammates is starting to make me wonder if he knows he will flip bad in an attempt to take me down with him too.

So he's getting my vote for today now.

[VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Indiglo's explanation to bwt's question about her votes:
indiglo wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:23 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:22 pm
indiglo wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:20 pm Tossing mine last minute

[VOTE: Sokoth] aubergine

Oh, linki with Daisy LMAO
You come in close to the last minute and then move your vote between 3 different people very quickly. Why?
Because votes are changeable? :grin:
This is the sequence about LC that I mentioned earlier. Seemingly no reason to vote for him. And note that she avoided my question about the ISO.
indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:34 pm Oh, LOL caught up. I thought there were going to be more posts. I'm going to go back and iso LC.
indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

It's the best thing going that isn't a Creature vote.

I will not be here for EOD today, but I have several hours still. So hopefully we can stay organized.

(Also, Creature, if you really are mafia, I tip my hat to you. lol :nicenod: )
indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:44 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:27 pm
indiglo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

It's the best thing going that isn't a Creature vote.

I will not be here for EOD today, but I have several hours still. So hopefully we can stay organized.

(Also, Creature, if you really are mafia, I tip my hat to you. lol :nicenod: )
indi, did you see something in LC's ISO that convinced you to vote him?

I'm not married to my vote for LC. At this point, I feel like my most likely candidates would be between Mac, Wilgy and LC. Because of how the votes started going down from the beginning of this day phase.

I wanted to get a vote on the board, and of those 3, LC had the most votes so far. I'm open to further discussion for sure, and vote changing, up until the time I have to leave.
I'm posting this now, I don't think we're going to change to Indi so I'll finish her up after the lynch.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:42 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:29 pm I see what you mean oreki, now it's seeming like this wagon is taking a significant lead as easily as the creature wagon did. I'm tempted to switch back to juliets or maybe join you on bwt
Why Oreki? I feel like he might be civ because he seems like he is speaking his own mind, but he's come off as lacking conviction to really pursue any of his suspects further than just surface level stuff.

Linki: Looking forward to seeing the rest.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:42 pm
Why Oreki? I feel like he might be civ because he seems like he is speaking his own mind, but he's come off as lacking conviction to really pursue any of his suspects further than just surface level stuff.

Linki: Looking forward to seeing the rest.
It's team building. If Wilgy flips Oreki is a compatible teammate. Nutella is compatible with both of them and has generally been pinging me. The latest Nut pings were the "golly gee I dunno" posts that highlighted just how absent usual Nutella is from the proceedings here.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:40 pm Of all the players Wilgy is the best lynch today. I have my reservations, namely his acquiescence but I think he has the most to gain from the Kyle and Epi deaths.
I agree that his lynch probably tells us the most at this point-- I can connect him to bwt, oreki, and now indi as juliets pointed out that interesting vote switch timing though I have been townreading indi otherwise.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think the Mafia, which I have just described who I think it is. Have been setting up a BWT mislynch since the game started.

I think Indiglo is a civ.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I also have changed my mind on Juliets. Civ.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Juliet’s, I’m going back later this evening ( the other game is calling), and look through all the interactions between LC and Indiglo. Their votes on each other today seem kind of weird.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am strongly civ reading BWT now too. Pretty strong civ read on Rej.

After this flip we should do GTH. Now is the time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Mac I briefly reconsidered the wilgy vote bc it caught on too easily like the creature one and wilgy does get mislynched often but I still feel it's the strongest choice now. I agree that oreki looks compatible with him though. And if not bwt or indi as the third teammate, why not mata here? I have no reason to townread her and she seems to just be sheeping.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:49 pm I think the Mafia, which I have just described who I think it is. Have been setting up a BWT mislynch since the game started.

I think Indiglo is a civ.
[mention]indiglo[/mention] may be civ, but if she is she would do herself a favor to explain that voting behavior at the end of Day 1 and her response to bwt's question about it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mafia vote more carefully than civs as a rule
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:53 pm Mac I briefly reconsidered the wilgy vote bc it caught on too easily like the creature one and wilgy does get mislynched often but I still feel it's the strongest choice now. I agree that oreki looks compatible with him though. And if not bwt or indi as the third teammate, why not mata here? I have no reason to townread her and she seems to just be sheeping.
Or Sok. Or you.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:52 pm I am strongly civ reading BWT now too. Pretty strong civ read on Rej.

After this flip we should do GTH. Now is the time.
But... But screw GTH :p

Nah you might be right it could make sense at this stage of the game.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

The company regrets to inform you that there was an unfortunate incident involving an employee, their significant other, another employee, a supply closet and a harpoon gun. Unfortunately it means work will be suspended while the police investigate. In the future, when you want to kill your cheating boyfriend, please don't do it on company property. HR is complaining about the paperwork.

DrWilgy has been lynched. He was Mordor the Unforgiving.

Mordor the Unforgiving: Each night he chooses someone to give free tickets to for his show. If his target is a woman, they will sleep together (excluding Rose, because she is a little girl you pervert!). His passionate love making will tire her so much that she will be unable to focus on her work at Veridian Dynamics the next Day. She will not be allowed to post the next day.
Mordor is independent. Secret win condition.

It is now Night 3. You have until 5 PM EST to turn in your night actions. Night will end at 6 PM EST.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

....well ok then
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DrWilgy »

:shrug:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Riiiiight.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

GTH? I am phone posting. Can someone else fire the names?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok so independent. That takes away the suspicion about indigo's votes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Well that was not what I expected at all... :shrug:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:05 pm GTH? I am phone posting. Can someone else fire the names?
birdwithteeth11
Dragomir
indiglo
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
Matahari
nutella
Oreki
Rej
SokothQultuq
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella do you mind organising? I am trying to get kids ready for school haha.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I am working. And on phone. And am not sold on gth being productive. Sorry.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:21 pm I am working. And on phone. And am not sold on gth being productive. Sorry.
You aren't sold on it being productive in general or right now?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:05 pm GTH? I am phone posting. Can someone else fire the names?
birdwithteeth11
Dragomir
indiglo
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
Matahari
nutella
Oreki
Rej
SokothQultuq
Oh well let's just do it all at once.

Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Me
Town
Mafia
Mafia
Town
Mafia
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I'll do a GTH/rainbow read of my own.

birdwithteeth11
Mac
juliets
Long Con
Drago
rej

Indi
Mata
nutella
Sokoth

Oreki

The second to last is supposed to be neutral and the last is slightly bad. I can't remember the colors for how this is supposed to fully work lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm I'll do a GTH/rainbow read of my own.

birdwithteeth11
Mac
juliets
Long Con
Drago
rej

Indi
Mata
nutella
Sokoth

Oreki

The second to last is supposed to be neutral and the last is slightly bad. I can't remember the colors for how this is supposed to fully work lol.
This is very close to my own
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm
birdwithteeth11
Dragomir
indiglo
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
Matahari
nutella
Oreki
Rej
SokothQultuq

Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Me
Town
Mafia
Mafia
Town
Mafia
Wilgy's indy result doesn't change your feelings about any of your previous candidates?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:25 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm I'll do a GTH/rainbow read of my own.

birdwithteeth11
Mac
juliets
Long Con
Drago
rej

Indi
Mata
nutella
Sokoth

Oreki

This is very close to my own
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm
birdwithteeth11
Dragomir
indiglo
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
Matahari
nutella
Oreki
Rej
SokothQultuq

Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Me
Town
Mafia
Mafia
Town
Mafia
Wilgy's indy result doesn't change your feelings about any of your previous candidates?
No. Not really.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention], both.

Why do you townread mata?

Bwt, why do you have several neutral and only one scum read?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:30 pm @MacDougall, both.

Why do you townread mata?

Bwt, why do you have several neutral and only one scum read?
GTH doesn't work like that. Also I am not answering you on any of my GTH reads unless you offer your own. Totally not fair.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Reads please Nutella. Before you try to pick at others you should offer some.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”