kneel4justice
No votes
Ace
No votes
BWT
No votes
SVS
11%
Trying to murder someone and failing. Repeatedly. Super awkward. (Host/deads/nons)
33%

Total votes: 9
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 68

Re: Cards Against Humanity [Night 8]

Post by Flyin' High »

Thank you to whoever saved me. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

But I feel like this right now :wall:

I really hope the energy in this thread changes soon because being made to feel like an asshole and idiot for trying to play a game is really not fun. And this is the first time in ages I've been made to feel really bad playing a game.
ImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I think you are very astute and have an awesome gut, but you have to be willing to talk to people, not at them. I wanted to know "why", but you were answering the question YOU would ask, not the question i DID ask.
See above.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 184

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No I will. But you have to listen to the questions being asked. you said stuff, but not the stuff i was asking.
In The Island, I asked you multiple times about DH, and you gave me nothing. You just said I was wrong.
i thought i was a bit clearer than that.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I think you are very astute and have an awesome gut, but you have to be willing to talk to people, not at them. I wanted to know "why", but you were answering the question YOU would ask, not the question i DID ask.
See above.
So...this was tit for tat?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You intentionally did not answer me becasue I did not answer you in another game?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
See above.
So...this was tit for tat?
What? Tit for tat?

I am trying to convince you of something rather specific.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:You intentionally did not answer me becasue I did not answer you in another game?
:disappoint:

Not telling you everything you want to know is not the same as not answering you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No I will. But you have to listen to the questions being asked. you said stuff, but not the stuff i was asking.
In The Island, I asked you multiple times about DH, and you gave me nothing. You just said I was wrong.
i thought i was a bit clearer than that.
that game had stable roles that could be outed. I had direct, factual role based info that I was not allowed to out. that could not be the case in this game, it would have to be based on perception. Which is opinion, which can be shared.

Linki~ you are saying you did not answer me becasue i did not answer you in a different game, right? Otherwise why even bring that up? It was a very different set of mechanics than this.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not tell me everything i wanted to know? I wanted to know why you thought another player was a civ. Why is that such an outrageous request?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Not tell me everything i wanted to know? I wanted to know why you thought another player was a civ. Why is that such an outrageous request?
Did I say that player was "civ?"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OMG.

I wanted to know why you thought another player WAS NOT BAD. Why is that such an outrageous request?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

See though? This is why we have issues. you know what i meant. You chose to be pedantic. io know, you're a teacher :p I know, i can be pedantic too. But seriously, yo knew what i meant.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:OMG.

I wanted to know why you thought another player WAS NOT BAD. Why is that such an outrageous request?
Because words have meaning. I of all people believe in that axiom.

And in Mafia, words ESPECIALLY have meaning.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And i am typing too fast and typo-ing all over the place becasue I am taking this all too seriously.

xoxo love ya Epi
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I tried to tell you something earlier:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 016#p54016
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I saw that, i even replied to it. But it was not the question i asked. i asked WHY. Not WHAT. WHY. I have seen nothing to make me think that, but if someone would show me why, I would be thrilled to listen and take it under advisement. But K4J just stopped posting, you are answering questions i am not asking, and TH just keeps saying, "I am not Dom, how do we know you came back a civ?"

I am not unreasonable, if someone can show me why i am wrong, i gracefully admit i was wrong. But i have to believe i am wrong to do that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Now really, good night :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I saw that, i even replied to it. But it was not the question i asked. i asked WHY. Not WHAT. WHY. I have seen nothing to make me think that, but if someone would show me why, I would be thrilled to listen and take it under advisement. But K4J just stopped posting, you are answering questions i am not asking, and TH just keeps saying, "I am not Dom, how do we know you came back a civ?"

I am not unreasonable, if someone can show me why i am wrong, i gracefully admit i was wrong. But i have to believe i am wrong to do that.
Not interested. I tried.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No you didn't. You ignored what i was asking, and answered what you chose. That is not really trying, that is giving yourself the option of saying you tried, when that is not the case.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Sorsha »

Why does the lynch post make it sound like aces was the one who survived and not FH?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:No you didn't. You ignored what i was asking, and answered what you chose. That is not really trying, that is giving yourself the option of saying you tried, when that is not the case.
Then vote TH tomorrow if you like. Enjoy doing that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History has just opened an interactive exhibit on (blank).

Poll ended at Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:02 pm

TH
S~V~S (6)
9%

Epignosis
Flyin' High (3)
9%

Elohcin
No votes

kneel4justice
No votes

Sorsha
DharmaHelper (10)
9%

DH
Sorsha (4)
9%

FH
Epignosis (2), Turnip Head (5), Elohcin (7), AceofSpaces (8), kneel4justice (9)
45%

Ace
No votes

Your Mother (Host/deads/nons)
boo (1), MovingPictures07 (11)
18%

Total votes : 11
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 37

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry I missed the vote! I was caught up in family stuff. Would have gone with FH or TH though.

Not sure what to make of Epig vs. SVS. I need to digest it and sleep on it some.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

BWT, I was hoping that someone could explain what they saw to me, why they think I am wrong. One person just refused to answer my questions, playing semantics instead. Another was obviously here, but also would not answer me. Please do read it.

You have a reason for feeling as you do, and said what it was.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 37

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I hate bringing past games into this, but I feel given the current discussion, it is possibly relevant. Also Epig, I like you a lot and have great respect for you with mafia. So please do not take this personally, as it is not meant to be construed that way.

In Lost Mafia on RM which just ended (keep in mind I did not play, so take that for what you will), Epig was a civ. Now from my understanding in that game, he helped orchestrate 5 lynches against civs in that game. And I feel in several other games I've played with him recently, he has helped lynch many a civ even when he is a civ himself. I can see how some people who do not go along with his train of thought at times might feel pressured to go with the flow so as not to incur drawing :eye:s from him later. But I feel that as of late, he has been way off the mark in terms of reading people.

Like I said, you may that that as you will and either accept it or dismiss it as ignorant hogwash. But I feel fairly certain that Epig is wrong about TH, and it makes me wonder if he is wrong about SVS. Or even Eloh for that matter.

My point is, if Epig says we should do A over B, I would be more inclined to go with B unless there's a very good reason to do otherwise.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

BWT, you have not asked the right questions or received the right answers to be sure about me. I am wondering if I need to prove myself to you tonight instead of to SVS, because you are drawing some wrong conclusions I'm afraid. It seemed like you were close to understanding, but something must have changed your mind.

SVS you trust BWT's opinion on me blindly because he is a confirmed civ, but he has not given any more explanation for his thoughts on me than Epi has. And you continue to hound both of them for details. Obviously people aren't interested in having to spell everything out in the thread for all to see. You cannot come in here and expect every person to answer every question you ask, you're practically beating it out of them.

Even when I was talking to you, and you asked me who you should vote for, I gave my answer in a conversational tone, so we could discuss it and work it out together. That wasn't to your liking. You've been ruthless today, and no pleasant to try and have a conversation with, and I don't think it's making people feel very forthcoming with you.
S~V~S wrote:and TH just keeps saying, "I am not Dom, how do we know you came back a civ?"
And you make it sound like it's such an unreasonable question for me to ask of you. You haven't ever given me the benefit of the doubt this game, why on earth should I give it to you? Regardless of your position in this game before your death, we have no idea if you came back civ or not. There's no way we can know. The fact that boo said it was a tie vote for who to rez is rather ominous if you ask me.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by kneel4justice »

S~V~S wrote:BWT, I was hoping that someone could explain what they saw to me, why they think I am wrong. One person just refused to answer my questions, playing semantics instead. Another was obviously here, but also would not answer me. Please do read it.

You have a reason for feeling as you do, and said what it was.
SVS, I did not ignore you, I don't know why you're insisting on taking it that way. I tried to express that I think TH's hints or whatever you want to call them were genuine. It seems to me he's hinting at something that is not clearly written or stated in the mechanics of the game. I come to ask myself, why would a scum insist on something that doesn't provide them true safety. You're continuing to suspect him regardless of what he says, if he were scum why not think to himself, what would be the point in making up lies in a game where the mechanics are already stated? It would only come across as a desperate last attempt to survive, which it could be, but I don't think it is because that would not be very smart, IMO and I have to give TH credit. When I saw some of his hints I tried to give him a chance and actually read his posts without having my mind set on the idea that he must be mafia like I'd been set on for his duration in the game, and his posts actually sounded better when I did this. I tried to tell you that I liked his thoughts at least on FH and that I felt his hints are genuine, so I really don't understand why you're set on saying I would not answer. At the time you started that, I was on my way home and didn't have time to write out a response when I was home, your insistence of this doesn't feel right. I do understand you feeling Epi won't explain, but well that's Epi and probably not going to change. If you wanted more reasoning in a response, I won't be meeting your expectations. I will say I think that you're giving BWT's thoughts too much credit, confirmed civ does not equal correct opinions.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't know what to say to this. I seldom catch hints unless they are overt, and I seldom believe them, especially if someone else that i trust says otherwise.

You at least are telling me now that he MADE hints. I did not catch that since, like i said, i seldom do, and the person i was trying to discuss this with was being obstructionist in the extreme.

Had someone said "he made hints" that would have been a starting point, rather than being told what powers the baddies have or about game mechanics. I understand those things.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:If you are wrong about him, K4J, will you add a line to your sig saying so (like my line about rezzing the SK doh~!)?
i posted this in the other game, :blush:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, just like confirmed civ =/= correct opinions, role hint =/= truth.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:If you are wrong about him, K4J, will you add a line to your sig saying so (like my line about rezzing the SK doh~!)?
i posted this in the other game, :blush:

Sure I love feeling special, just know I will have to add something that boosts my ego too! Lol
But I know that hinting (or rather claiming may fit better) doesn't mean it's the truth, I just have to judge if I think the hint is true or not and like I said, I do tend to believe it comes across genuine/honest and is something a scum wouldn't try.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have seen some pretty overt role claims be baddies. in a game like this without static roles, it would be even easier.

But that is me, i am not a fan of claims/hints.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Night 8 End: Failure Strikes Again

Sorsha was not willing to be killed by smegma.

Question:
That's right, I killed (blank). How, you ask? (blank).

It’s a Pick 2. Choose 2 white cards to use (1st who you killed, 2nd how).

No one has been killed.
It is now Day 9. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Sorsha is the Card Czar, she cannot be lynched.

(sorry this is late, class ran a little long)
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Cards Against Humanity [Day 9]

Post by boo »

New civ power:

18. Cheater 2.0: You may see all the white cards turned in before the card czar chooses a card. You are then able to switch your white card with any other white card.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

No deaths two nights in a row?! Turn up! Lol
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DharmaHelper »

Guess we're just super lucky.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yay no death :D At least we have been fortunate in that respect.

So am I right in thinking that yesterday's lynch was somehow switched to Ace, and that he was the one who survived it, not FH? I didn't realize that until someone (Sorsha I think) mentioned it. I sometimes don't read the host posts very well, as the text color blends in with the background that I like to use on here.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay, so the lynch couldn't have been switched by the Switcher because Ace had no votes yesterday.

It doesn't seem like doin' it in the butt is to blame, because I haven't seen the curse pop up in a few days, so I assumed doin' it in the butt was dead. But I guess that's exactly what doin' it in the butt would want us to assume if he stopped using his cursing power. And if doin' it in the butt combined his onetime buttsore ability with two midgets shitting into a bucket's nightly dumping power, then, well... let's just say I'm not ruling anything out.

Ace, do you know why the lynch was switched to you, or why you survived?

FH, have you anything to say on the matter? What do you think of Ace being written into the lynch post instead of you? You had 5 public votes, no one else even had 2, and Ace had 0.

Also FH, if you don't mind me asking, who did you vote for to be rezzed?
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

To answer your first question I was 100% expecting to be lynched and honestly was flummoxed to see I survived. I thought the switcher had saved me, but I didn't take a closer look at the role to see if that was even possible because I was feeling frustrated that day. And as to why it was Aces instead of me, if the mafia were involved in keeping me alive, I'd say it's because they want Aces dead more or they are enjoying keeping me around to make me look bad.

As for who I chose to rezz, I voted for S~V~S, johns2jj, and MR. Then when I was told to break the tie I chose S~V~S since she was my first choice to come back. I feel pretty good that she was a civvie before she died and I really hope she came back a civvie. I took a gamble since I'm not sure who voted for who, but the tie choices were interesting.

I'll ask boo if I can reveal more information about the tie I broke.

I also want to address the so-called slip-up that led people to voting me Day 8. That wasn't a slip-up. I made a mistake. I can see why it looks like a slip-up but all I can say in response is that it wasn't and please don't use that one thing to condemn me. I have been asking people to go back and read all of my posts because I've tried to make it clear I'm a civvie both through baddie hunting and what I've said in my posts. But I don't think anyone has seen what I was trying to say. I was voted along with S~V~S and kneel4justice to win an extra role power earlier in the game (remember that night poll?). The extra civvie role power I received was the resser. I used it to rezz BWT.

Anyway, I need to finish getting ready for work and drink my coffee. Then I'll be back to address anything else people have asked me or said to me.
ImageImage

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Interesting. So you are the one who broke the tie. And I remember, when I was reading through the early part of the game, seeing the hint you dropped about rezzing BWT, so I was wondering if you would reference that.

Assuming the Switcher couldn't have been responsible, and that surviving had nothing to do with your role, what do you think happened yesterday?
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Since it couldn't have been the Switcher (Aces had no public votes) then these are the only possibilities I see in the roles:
1. Doin' it in the butt made Aces buttsore giving him 5 votes. I am the sassy black woman so I started at -2 votes meaning my votal total was 3.
However: I am a civvie and not the sassy black woman.

2. Doin' it in the butt made Aces buttsore giving him 5 votes. And at some point prior to Day 8 Aces was targeted by the midgets. This would put him at 6 votes while I was at 5.

3. Doin' it in the butt made Aces buttsore giving him 5 votes. And at some point prior to Day 8 Aces was targeted by the Smegma. This would put him at 6 votes while I was at 5.

2+3. Doin' it in the butt made Aces buttsore giving him 5 votes. And at some point prior to Day 8 Aces was targeted by the midgets and the Smegma. This would put him at 7 votes while I was at 5.

4. Doin' it in the butt made Aces buttsore giving him 5 votes. And a civvie with the drive-byer role placed a secret vote on Aces. This makes less sense because I don't see a civvie placing a secret vote on someone who had no votes.

5. Doin' it in the butt made Aces buttsore giving him 5 votes. And the Stacked Deck role was in play Night 7 the person happened to pick at least one card that Aces had so he started the lynch with at least +1 votes against him.

6. Doin' it in the butt made Aces buttsore giving him 5 votes. The Thief tried to steal an Awesome Point from Aces Night 7 and he had none so he started Day 8 with +2 votes.

7. The taint targeted the 5 people who voted for me making their votes worth 0 and the smegma (and/or midgets) had already targeted Aces at some point in the game putting him at +1 votes which meant he had more votes than me.

8. Someone(s) spent Awesome Points to secretly put votes on Aces plus any combination of the above.

There may be other combinations I missed but as you can see, at minimum I think Aces had to have been made buttsore for him to have been up for the lynch instead of me. There are some possibilities for him to have more votes than me that don't involve being made buttsore, but I think that's the simplest explanation.

All I can say and hope you trust me is that I had absolutely nothing to do with it and honestly thought I'd be getting lynched.

Since there is so much baddie vote manipulation I think I am being used as a convenient scapegoat. Keep the suspicion on me then manipulate the votes so that another person (civvie in INH's case, unsure re: Aces) is lynched. Then the following day suspicion remains on me and the process can be repeated.

I had thought that perhaps doin' it in the butt was dead since we haven't seen someone with the "that's what she said" curse in a few days, but Night 7 says doin' it in the butt tried to kill Elohcin. Maybe that was just for storytelling purposes. I'm not sure.
ImageImage

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

My vote is going to DH for now, he's been under the radar for the entire game and unlike stepping his game up like I feel others have been doing such as Epi, he comes across even more scummy by choosing to vote Sorsha. I have to read FH's post later about possible options for how she survived. What does bother me is her consistent insistence that she did not know she was going to survive as if she's trying to say she doesn't have the ability to survive a lynch, when clearly it appear it's not her who was even lynched, it was Ace instead. But I need to read more thoroughly when I get a chance to make sure I have things understood correctly. I would like to know what people think of DH.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

kneel4justice wrote:My vote is going to DH for now, he's been under the radar for the entire game and unlike stepping his game up like I feel others have been doing such as Epi, he comes across even more scummy by choosing to vote Sorsha. I have to read FH's post later about possible options for how she survived. What does bother me is her consistent insistence that she did not know she was going to survive as if she's trying to say she doesn't have the ability to survive a lynch, when clearly it appear it's not her who was even lynched, it was Ace instead. But I need to read more thoroughly when I get a chance to make sure I have things understood correctly. I would like to know what people think of DH.
:confused:

I know it's not me that was up for the lynch. I haven't denied that. Hence my giant post about possible ways the lynch could have gone down that would have led to Aces name being their instead of me. And when I have I acted like I don't have the ability to survive a lynch? I don't, but that's beside the point. I haven't acted that way--I've acted surprised that the lynch happened the way it did--just like I was surprised the first time I survived a lynch I didn't expect to survive (the one where I ended up tied, then not tied with INH).

If you had received the majority votes in a lynch and you came back to the thread to see you were still alive are you telling me you wouldn't be wondering what the heck happened?

DH is on my radar as well. I feel like he's among the players who has been taking a backseat and letting me talk myself into a grave.

I'm still totally suspicious of Epignosis, but considering how far I got the last couple of times I've brought his name up, I'm not sure I feel up to voting him again.
ImageImage

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 54

Post by AceofSpaces »

I agree that DH has been sneaky through this game for awhile now. That, and he totally wasted his vote last day in the most obvious fashion.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I hate bringing past games into this, but I feel given the current discussion, it is possibly relevant. Also Epig, I like you a lot and have great respect for you with mafia. So please do not take this personally, as it is not meant to be construed that way.

In Lost Mafia on RM which just ended (keep in mind I did not play, so take that for what you will), Epig was a civ. Now from my understanding in that game, he helped orchestrate 5 lynches against civs in that game. And I feel in several other games I've played with him recently, he has helped lynch many a civ even when he is a civ himself. I can see how some people who do not go along with his train of thought at times might feel pressured to go with the flow so as not to incur drawing :eye:s from him later. But I feel that as of late, he has been way off the mark in terms of reading people.

Like I said, you may that that as you will and either accept it or dismiss it as ignorant hogwash. But I feel fairly certain that Epig is wrong about TH, and it makes me wonder if he is wrong about SVS. Or even Eloh for that matter.

My point is, if Epig says we should do A over B, I would be more inclined to go with B unless there's a very good reason to do otherwise.
I know it's Mafia, and we shouldn't get deep, but this has been affecting me since bird posted it.

People do things that make no sense to me, or that I find utterly illogical, and I push for their lynches, and then they turn up good. This has happened so many times I cannot count the instances. Three lingering examples:

In Super Meat Boy, I was Meat Boy, and got killed Night 1. Someone resurrected me, which, as it turns out, was a huge mistake. I didn't get a single suspect right. Not one. I felt as though I had very logical ideas. Shit. The bad team went like 11 Day and Night periods and exited the game in tact. I was so off the mark, I would have done better voting for myself in all the lynches. :disappoint:

In WWE, Mongoose posted in the wrong thread. Now, to me, what she posted didn't even make sense in the context of the other game she meant to post in, and I went after her. Then A Person posted in the wrong thread on purpose (Now knowing his role as a serial killer, that was an absolutely ballsy move on his part, because at the time I thought he was a teammate trying to make the mistake look like a technical problem). I jumped on her, and evil Moving Pictures actually defended her. Mongoose got lynched and was good.

Again, in WWE, there was Hedgeowl. Hedgeowl had admitted to using a new strategy (which I thought was bonkers). She said a few other things I thought were wrong, and eventually she and I consumed the thread with a back-and-forth about me being manipulative, and that I was responsible for the bandwagon that would get her lynched. I just now read back through some of that. Hedgeowl got lynched New Year's Day. She too was good.

One interesting fact I've been thinking a lot about since the Game of Champions started:

In the year 2013, I have been five times a winner, and in every instance as an evildoer. I have never won once as a civilian. :|

I've been reflecting on this statistic as it applies to how I approach things.

So I am going to lay off Flyin' High because of this. If FH had been lynched and turned out good, I would have been crushed: Another notch in my belt of shame.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It has been my observation that a lot of people do things that make no sense to me. That is one good thing about coming from different communities~ we bring different sensibilities to the table. I think it surprised you in WWE, Epig, (and now in Champs) how many people who came from the same community I do feel as I do about Indies, for instance. When you have been screwed over by an Indy a few times, you might see my point. Everyone plays their own game, and what you or I would do as an Indy is not what someone else may do. I have learned that applying my own logic or standards to others is an exercise in futility at best, in frustration and bitterness at worst.

It is not always easy to reconcile a civ persona with a bad one, I struggled with it for a while.

Not sure if that should have been in green or not, so it is staying as is, lol.

I will be back to read back and vote. I apparently have a hint to look for.

And TH, I came back civ. Other than me, lol, who are you suspecting?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Flyin' High wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:My vote is going to DH for now, he's been under the radar for the entire game and unlike stepping his game up like I feel others have been doing such as Epi, he comes across even more scummy by choosing to vote Sorsha. I have to read FH's post later about possible options for how she survived. What does bother me is her consistent insistence that she did not know she was going to survive as if she's trying to say she doesn't have the ability to survive a lynch, when clearly it appear it's not her who was even lynched, it was Ace instead. But I need to read more thoroughly when I get a chance to make sure I have things understood correctly. I would like to know what people think of DH.
:confused:

I know it's not me that was up for the lynch. I haven't denied that. Hence my giant post about possible ways the lynch could have gone down that would have led to Aces name being their instead of me. And when I have I acted like I don't have the ability to survive a lynch? I don't, but that's beside the point. I haven't acted that way--I've acted surprised that the lynch happened the way it did--just like I was surprised the first time I survived a lynch I didn't expect to survive (the one where I ended up tied, then not tied with INH).

If you had received the majority votes in a lynch and you came back to the thread to see you were still alive are you telling me you wouldn't be wondering what the heck happened?

DH is on my radar as well. I feel like he's among the players who has been taking a backseat and letting me talk myself into a grave.

I'm still totally suspicious of Epignosis, but considering how far I got the last couple of times I've brought his name up, I'm not sure I feel up to voting him again.
I don't really know what to say as far as how you're handling the not being lynched thing. I was just thinking, why does she keep stating she had no idea what happened? Who is accusing her of having an idea of what happened (and if someone did I have missed it, I haven't read everything because I haven't had the chance)?! So stating you are surprised, I am just wondering if it's over doing things and want to make sure it looks like you had no part when you did. But for the time unless I see reason to change my mind, I can wait and give you a chance to change my mind, and I will read your posts more into depth when I get a chance. I prefer to lynch DH. I think I am seeing what you saw in Epi. The two are very similar to me, both have acted the opposite of what I expected (although I made expectations based off of DH's claim that he played like FZ, I have never played with DH before). With Epi I think I saw a lot more of the civvie Epi I am used to coming out as the game progressed when I don't see DH as civ in any light.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I guess I don't fully understand what you see as me continuing to state I have no idea what happened.

I posted an initial surprise when I saw the (non-)lynch result.

Then I didn't post for over 24 hours.

Then TH asked me:
Turnip Head wrote:Okay, so the lynch couldn't have been switched by the Switcher because Ace had no votes yesterday.

It doesn't seem like doin' it in the butt is to blame, because I haven't seen the curse pop up in a few days, so I assumed doin' it in the butt was dead. But I guess that's exactly what doin' it in the butt would want us to assume if he stopped using his cursing power. And if doin' it in the butt combined his onetime buttsore ability with two midgets shitting into a bucket's nightly dumping power, then, well... let's just say I'm not ruling anything out.

Ace, do you know why the lynch was switched to you, or why you survived?

FH, have you anything to say on the matter? What do you think of Ace being written into the lynch post instead of you? You had 5 public votes, no one else even had 2, and Ace had 0.

Also FH, if you don't mind me asking, who did you vote for to be rezzed?
I responded

Then he followed up by asking me:
Turnip Head wrote:Interesting. So you are the one who broke the tie. And I remember, when I was reading through the early part of the game, seeing the hint you dropped about rezzing BWT, so I was wondering if you would reference that.

Assuming the Switcher couldn't have been responsible, and that surviving had nothing to do with your role, what do you think happened yesterday?
And I responded

I just don't see how three times, two of which were in direct response to being asked a question, is me repeatedly stating surprise.

But maybe it's a tone thing?

Anyway, I am going to vote DH. I do feel that he has been doing some pot stirring, but conveniently staying out of most of the discussions.
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am going to vote TH again. I looked back, i missed role hints. Even if i had seen them, i don't believe in them~ people fake hint all the time. He has done nothing but try to distance himself from Dom, and now try to imply that i came back from the pet sematary, and have very blendy suspicions.

Not buying it.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DharmaHelper »

AceofSpaces wrote:I agree that DH has been sneaky through this game for awhile now. That, and he totally wasted his vote last day in the most obvious fashion.
YOu of all people should know I'm busy with school and Super Heroes and other stuff. Wow.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”