Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Re: [DAY 6] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Nevinera »

bea wrote: But you know what we really haven't been doing a lot of? Baddie hunting. It always seems to get sidetracked by the discussion of other things. The puzzles - the codes - zodak - media - the exaggerator. The potential recruit.
I don't know about you, but I've been looking for baddies as hard as I can.
My approach is more logical than witch-huntey, so I don't tend to have a lot of useful results until later in the game, after we've collected some information..
But I think the TeamBob shortlist is as much as we can do so far on that front.

I would love some voting-order analysis on all three of you, and if I get time today I'll do that myself -
I'm leaning towards voting BWT or Epig today currently, because Bea is on the night-lynch polls already.
But I would be happy to instead agree to leave one of them uncovered and see if anyone dies, if there is a good argument for someone else.

Now I'm going to go reread BWT and see if I can find anything other than feels, because you've been so insistent.

Linki Bea: Now I have to go see who I said I'd reread before, because I don't remember doing that >.<
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

there has only been 2 people I've thought about as being bad. they were teefies and bf.

and then one night I was attempted to be nked by a baddie team and a sk.

Idk - for real if this is a frame job, - I"m trying to go back and see things so I can tell if it's a frame job or not.

that said - if push comes to shove. lynch me. and see that I was not the recruit. I always tried to be the best civ could be.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

being a newlywed is hard. I mean every week is a new obstetrical. it's a been rough week for us - we have to eat the last things in our pantry. with all of our trials - it's hard to keep up on things
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I don't really see anything in BWT's history that talks much to me.
She's been fairly consistent about her conviction that Epi is bad,
and otherwise hasn't made a ton of assertions.
You might call that blendy, since she talked a lot without saying very much,
but I never liked using characterizations like to vote on.

Actually, rereading all of her posts made me suspect *epi* more than anything else;
his odd behavior surrounding inh in the early game doesn't really make any sense for a civ.
Not just the repeated mentions post, but the way he tried to use Zodac to keep us from lynching inh the next night..
it seems like something a baddie would do to keep the attention on the indies for longer.

If we could allow bea to go un-voted-for today, we ought to be able to determine her bob-ness from that;
I Epi will get my vote unless something more relevant comes up.

(I'll get to vote analysis on all three shortly though).
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:I don't really see anything in BWT's history that talks much to me.

Actually, rereading all of her posts made me suspect *epi* more than anything else;
his odd behavior surrounding inh in the early game doesn't really make any sense for a civ.
Not just the repeated mentions post, but the way he tried to use Zodac to keep us from lynching inh the next night..
it seems like something a baddie would do to keep the attention on the indies for longer.

If we could allow bea to go un-voted-for today, we ought to be able to determine her bob-ness from that;

I really really really dislike everything about this post.
I'm sure it'll get me killed, but pleease lynch me.

I really don't like this post. who is "she?" and since when didn't Nev talk about who he was looking at for the benifit of civs?

for god's sake. I'm sad now I voted bwt.

fuck fuck fuck. Really if you all think I'm that bad. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lynch me.

Please lynch me? :D
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

bea wrote: I really really really dislike everything about this post.
I really don't like this post. who is "she?" and since when didn't Nev talk about who he was looking at for the benifit of civs?
fuck fuck fuck. Really if you all think I'm that bad. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lynch me.
Sorry, had BWT's gender wrong >.<

In reviewing the voting records, I noticed something - you absorbed two kills on Night 4.
You received the shield on Night 2.
That means that either (a) You have a role that can absorb multiple night kills or (b) you had the shield again.

(a) would imply that you are among: penny, henderson (but nobody else died), with the villager, protected by BB (on the same night he ordered a hit on you?). So penny.
And I don't think you'd be going around saying "lynch me, then you'll see" if you were a pivotal civ-ninja. You'd be saying "don't lynch me, we'll all regret it" instead.
(b) would imply that you got the shield back, which means you had someone in BTSC, almost certainly.

Add in that you were the clearly best choice for Bob that night, as the obvious shield-winner
(he would definitely have loved to have that shield floating amongst his team, protecting him every other night),
and also on the short list of people who *could* be the minion, and I feel pretty confident about the outcome.

That said, I don't think we need to lynch you today - I'm sure the next night poll will be soon enough, if we keep a vote on you so you can't kill.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:I don't really see anything in BWT's history that talks much to me.

Eh?

This post reaches the opposite conclusions about what I was trying to accomplish.

I used OK Computer's name two dozen times to get people to stop going on about him and focus on finding a villain rather than an eccentric independent that could have been contained and ignored. I don't know why you and birdwithteeth11 keep suspecting me for doing that. I explicitly and decidedly was trying to get people to not lynch a neutered independent and focus on more pressing concerns, and that (based on my understanding of Zodac at the time) if people absolutely had to have Media's head, that they skip a day phase and lynch him then.

But hell, nobody was successful in lynching him anyway. Two wasted Day periods, and I'm the "baddie" who would try to keep the attention focused on the independents?

Pardon my French, but dafuq?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:
Sorry, had BWT's gender wrong >.<

In reviewing the voting records, I noticed something - you absorbed two kills on Night 4.
You received the shield on Night 2.
That means that either (a) You have a role that can absorb multiple night kills or (b) you had the shield again.

(a) would imply that you are among: penny, henderson (but nobody else died), with the villager, protected by BB (on the same night he ordered a hit on you?). So penny.
And I don't think you'd be going around saying "lynch me, then you'll see" if you were a pivotal civ-ninja. You'd be saying "don't lynch me, we'll all regret it" instead.
(b) would imply that you got the shield back, which means you had someone in BTSC, almost certainly.

Add in that you were the clearly best choice for Bob that night, as the obvious shield-winner
(he would definitely have loved to have that shield floating amongst his team, protecting him every other night),
and also on the short list of people who *could* be the minion, and I feel pretty confident about the outcome.

That said, I don't think we need to lynch you today - I'm sure the next night poll will be soon enough, if we keep a vote on you so you can't kill.
:haha: really? all that was about bwt??? but you forgot he wasn't a she???
really???

really???
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote: Eh?

This post reaches the opposite conclusions about what I was trying to accomplish.

I used OK Computer's name two dozen times to get people to stop going on about him and focus on finding a villain rather than an eccentric independent that could have been contained and ignored. I don't know why you and birdwithteeth11 keep suspecting me for doing that. I explicitly and decidedly was trying to get people to not lynch a neutered independent and focus on more pressing concerns, and that (based on my understanding of Zodac at the time) if people absolutely had to have Media's head, that they skip a day phase and lynch him then.

But hell, nobody was successful in lynching him anyway. Two wasted Day periods, and I'm the "baddie" who would try to keep the attention focused on the independents?

An indy that can kill and has an LMS wincon *is a baddie*.
My focus is on reducing the number of baddie kills as quickly as possible, to keep the bad teams from pruning out too many civs.
And I'm not sure if you skipped my more recent post, but I'm reasonably confident that *bea* is the minion now.

Also, there's information that you may be lacking which renders your argument moot.

Linki: Bea - yes? I don't know all these people irl like you seem to, and I don't care much about gender in general. To be clear, that last post was about you, and not BWT of course.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:

Eh?

well also epi there is the mysterious "her" in those posts. I mean there must be an evol her somewhere... they say it's so.

linki it's confirmed - I am the evoldooer!!!

PLEASE VOTE ME NOW.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Begging
credibility lynches discontentment gives me pause
People seeking censure and applause
It seems like such levite strange thing to do
It sponginess tracked misclassified jhilmil submergence the wish come true
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I've not been reading BWT as bad
I'm verjuice Jaecus sensibleness everyone ADDICTEDTOTHESHINDIG chowchow a cad
To
me he seems team bigsimpsin lovely Venomous Imp about
Can you dig it?
only instinct that I've Quaro
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

REALLY - please - for the love of god. lynch me now.

please.

please.

or you know - vote nev - but
really - I'd SOOOOOO much you rather lynch me.

especially since I KNOW that if I were a recruit It would be put into the lynch post (remember? I asked socky about it specificly) -

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE LYNCH ME!!!

I'm the scarifice the Island demanded.

Pleeeeeeease do it.

I wish I handn't voted already.

for everyone else VOTE ME!!!!

do it -it'll be awesome!!! I swear - you'lll love the results!!!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:Just a quick note, I've been reading bit by bit but there are over 2500 posts so I won't be up to snuff anytime soon. I saw that Nevinera and DH left me some helpful posts so if my time runs low on the day I will use those posts to focus my time a bit.
Quaro assagai magic hustler that DH setup Living Statue
unfold appreciate Bean movables roarer plays
He's flaming Titan fiord murder Ela for days
It's time anagoge him to innocent his lying trish

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:REALLY - please - for the love of god. lynch me now.

please.

please.

especially since I KNOW that if I were a recruit It would be put into the lynch post (remember? I asked socky about it specificly) -

Pleeeeeeease do it.

You're not even on the assistance
is it you're trying to hysterical?
trust you less than ever now
Mickey Mouse has smoothfaced up a cow

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:

My focus is on reducing the number of baddie kills as quickly as possible, to keep the bad teams from pruning out too many civs.
And I'm not sure if you skipped my more recent post, but I'm reasonably confident that *bea* is the minion now.

Also, there's information that you may be lacking which renders your argument moot.

Linki: Bea - yes? I don't know all these people irl like you seem to, and I don't care much about gender in general. To be clear, that last post was about you, and not BWT of course.
good luck with that. Lynch me and prove yourself wrong.

Are you the minion? or are you the creeper? or are you Grady?

in any way - you are so very recently so threatened by me.

for a few days now you've been at the *very* least on the fence about me. Now that I'm going after people you are way more aggressive. Is it BF or Teefies?

I'f I'm going to be lynched I'd least like to see my opponent eye to eye. I think I"d deserve at least that much. :noble:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:
bea wrote:REALLY - please - for the love of god. lynch me now.

please.

please.

Pleeeeeeease do it.

You're not even on the assistance
is it you're trying to hysterical?
trust you less than ever now
Mickey Mouse has smoothfaced up a cow

btw - can't wait till you can talk again - I might be dead by then, but can I be a member of the animal sanctuary squad. I think at least in this game, I've earned it. :noble:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Wow it was quite a night I see but looks like things are back to normal today thank goodness.

I'm still of the opinion that the part of the night post that looks like I died was the work of the Exaggerator. I don't know why he picked me. I don't know why he picked Nevin before me. But I promise you it's not because I'm on his team and I very seriously doubt Nevin is either.

Who to vote today is really where my focus will be today. Nevin's post struck me because in re-reading BWT I just don't see where all the suspicion is coming from. Is it in his tone? I've played with bwt before but never really gotten to know his style so maybe that's it. bea you made a pretty strong statement that you would sig yourself if he isn't bad - what in particular do you see? I'm also going to re-read Russti - he may have made the points about bwt and I've just forgotten them in all the conversations we've had about things.

Next up after that is Epignosis who I didn't get to yesterday.

Also, I just want to make sure I understand the plan re: bob. We're making sure bwt and epig are covered and bea is not covered. Is it just those three we are dealing with now, i.e., we don't have to worry about covering anyone else? I think I've got it, just want to make sure.

Linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:

Show me where it says Media has a kill. Go look. I'll wait.
Nevinera wrote:My focus is on reducing the number of baddie kills as quickly as possible, to keep the bad teams from pruning out too many civs.
I have a fundamentally different perspective than you on game balance and how having more than one bad teams plus serial killers plays out. While you're on the front page searching for Media's killing power, check out the PLAYERS post. Notice anything?

The independents and Mafia have done ALL of the Mafia elimination. Civilians have not lynched a single bad guy. Not one.

So pardon me if I think that your Day 1 and Day 2 preoccupation with OK Computer doesn't exactly square with your insistence about your focus. Especially coming in here jive-talking about how I was trying to keep everyone's attention on the independents. You folk were quite pleased to do that all on your own.
Nevinera wrote:Also, there's information that you may be lacking which renders your argument moot.
My argument was that you were full of shit about my intentions. I don't need any information for that.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

Stopping in to vote,
No not here to glote.
I'm voting for the Bird,
Cause he's a giant turd. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I take back what I said about things being more normal this morning. So llama is both insanified and has to try and post in rhyme? That's a shame, I would like to know his thoughts without insanification.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

And - yea - as nev has so pointed out - I did survive 2 NK's - you know why? the shied. I was surprised but I had it 2 nights. and the second night was apparently the night I needed it.

I passed it on to someone I truly hope is civ. And I don't want them to say they have it because I think knowing the shield goes for 2 days is info enough for the baddies. Not knowing where it is - is our protective cover ya know?

If I accidentally gave it to a baddie, I'm sorry. I went with the best feel I had.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

Bea is not on the lynch poll,
Da'fuck's the point in begging for her death-toll? :ponder:
Part of me is confused,
The other is slightly amused.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:
bea wrote: But you know what we really haven't been doing a lot of? Baddie hunting. It always seems to get sidetracked by the discussion of other things. The puzzles - the codes - zodak - media - the exaggerator. The potential recruit.
I don't know about you, but I've been looking for baddies as hard as I can.
My approach is more logical than witch-huntey, so I don't tend to have a lot of useful results until later in the game, after we've collected some information..
But I think the TeamBob shortlist is as much as we can do so far on that front.

I would love some voting-order analysis on all three of you, and if I get time today I'll do that myself -
I'm leaning towards voting BWT or Epig today currently, because Bea is on the night-lynch polls already.
But I would be happy to instead agree to leave one of them uncovered and see if anyone dies, if there is a good argument for someone else.

Now I'm going to go reread BWT and see if I can find anything other than feels, because you've been so insistent.

Linki Bea: Now I have to go see who I said I'd reread before, because I don't remember doing that >.<
I love how I've done no hunting at all - and admitted as much - in the post he quoted.

but I'm the bad guy for saying it.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Bea is not on the lynch poll,
Part of me is confused,

:haha: I completley didn't see I wasn't on the poll.

for the love of god, civ protecter - please please please protect me tonight so I can be lynched tomorrow.

I swear. I SWEAR. My lynch gives civs more info than my NK does.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

I have to admit some confusion with bea's sudden change in tone. When I read Nev's post about BWT it was totally clear to me he was referring to BWT even though he kept saying her.

The first sentence specifically names BWT then he goes on to talk about BWT's posts. And in Nev's previous post he clearly states he was going to reread BWT.

I guess I just don't see how someone getting gender wrong suddenly made bea go from calm discussion to "LYNCH ME GUYS! No really, I want you to!"

That tone shift seemed to come out of nowhere and for the life of me I can't figure out what Nev said that caused it.

*Linki* Bea, if you really are a civvie, do you really think it's helping the civvie cause to lose one of our own? Your sudden insistence that we lynch you doesn't seem like a civvie thing to do.
ImageImage

Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Vompatti »

Why is there suddenly a BWT bandwagon? :shrug:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

bea wrote: good luck with that. Lynch me and prove yourself wrong.
for a few days now you've been at the *very* least on the fence about me. Now that I'm going after people you are way more aggressive. Is it BF or Teefies?
I'f I'm going to be lynched I'd least like to see my opponent eye to eye. I think I"d deserve at least that much. :noble:
I think it's pretty obvious who I am, *and* I think you know.
I was on the fence until I did the research and reread the thread, now I'm not.
I couldn't say I have 100% confidence, but probably 90% - way higher than I usually get to have in a game like this.
juliets wrote: I'm still of the opinion that the part of the night post that looks like I died was the work of the Exaggerator. I don't know why he picked me. I don't know why he picked Nevin before me. But I promise you it's not because I'm on his team and I very seriously doubt Nevin is either.
Mine was before anyone knew that his power was in effect at all - I think it was pretty clear that he was trying to get me killed as Bouncer.
juliets wrote: Who to vote today is really where my focus will be today. Nevin's post struck me because in re-reading BWT I just don't see where all the suspicion is coming from. Is it in his tone? I've played with bwt before but never really gotten to know his style so maybe that's it. bea you made a pretty strong statement that you would sig yourself if he isn't bad - what in particular do you see? I'm also going to re-read Russti - he may have made the points about bwt and I've just forgotten them in all the conversations we've had about things.

I don't suspect BWT anymore after rereading his posts - the only thing I found on him is being a member of the short-list.
juliets wrote: Also, I just want to make sure I understand the plan re: bob. We're making sure bwt and epig are covered and bea is not covered. Is it just those three we are dealing with now, i.e., we don't have to worry about covering anyone else? I think I've got it, just want to make sure.
I'm going to make sure bea is covered, because I am fairly satisfied that she's the minion.
I would be fine with lynching her in the daylight, but if there's something better to do we can always wait until the next night lynch poll.

Epignosis wrote:Show me where it says Media has a kill. Go look. I'll wait.
I was obviously talking about Bob's minion, but if you weren't talking about the current events, that you can stop defending yourself now.
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:Also, there's information that you may be lacking which renders your argument moot.
My argument was that you were full of shit about my intentions. I don't need any information for that.
Different argument, but I don't feel any need to go into details.
You are *awfully* defensive this game; is something going on irl?
Part of me is confused,
Did not notice that, good point. Oh well, night-lynch will do I suppose, still get a role-reveal.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

bea wrote:
Part of me is confused,

:haha: I completley didn't see I wasn't on the poll.

for the love of god, civ protecter - please please please protect me tonight so I can be lynched tomorrow.

I swear. I SWEAR. My lynch gives civs more info than my NK does.
...I have no idea what's going on. Bea's tone change was a complete 180, and if she's not even on the poll, it's just a huge distraction thrown up. But usually, these "lynch me, it'll be great" gambits feel bad to me.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Boomslang wrote: ...I have no idea what's going on. Bea's tone change was a complete 180, and if she's not even on the poll, it's just a huge distraction thrown up. But usually, these "lynch me, it'll be great" gambits feel bad to me.
My guess is that she's Martell.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

And specifically that her team thinks that getting rid of me is worth the loss of one already-suspected team member.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:
bea wrote: good luck with that. Lynch me and prove yourself wrong.
I think it's pretty obvious who I am, *and* I think you know.
I was on the fence until I did the research and reread the thread, now I'm not.
I couldn't say I have 100% confidence, but probably 90% - way higher than I usually get to have in a game like this.
juliets wrote: I'm still of the opinion that the part of the night post that looks like I died was the work of the Exaggerator. I don't know why he picked me. I don't know why he picked Nevin before me. But I promise you it's not because I'm on his team and I very seriously doubt Nevin is either.
Mine was before anyone knew that his power was in effect at all - I think it was pretty clear that he was trying to get me killed as Bouncer.
juliets wrote: Who to vote today is really where my focus will be today. Nevin's post struck me because in re-reading BWT I just don't see where all the suspicion is coming from. Is it in his tone? I've played with bwt before but never really gotten to know his style so maybe that's it. bea you made a pretty strong statement that you would sig yourself if he isn't bad - what in particular do you see? I'm also going to re-read Russti - he may have made the points about bwt and I've just forgotten them in all the conversations we've had about things.

I don't suspect BWT anymore after rereading his posts - the only thing I found on him is being a member of the short-list.
juliets wrote: Also, I just want to make sure I understand the plan re: bob. We're making sure bwt and epig are covered and bea is not covered. Is it just those three we are dealing with now, i.e., we don't have to worry about covering anyone else? I think I've got it, just want to make sure.
I'm going to make sure bea is covered, because I am fairly satisfied that she's the minion.
I would be fine with lynching her in the daylight, but if there's something better to do we can always wait until the next night lynch poll.

Epignosis wrote:Show me where it says Media has a kill. Go look. I'll wait.
I was obviously talking about Bob's minion, but if you weren't talking about the current events, that you can stop defending yourself now.
Epignosis wrote:
Different argument, but I don't feel any need to go into details.
You are *awfully* defensive this game; is something going on irl?
Part of me is confused,
Did not notice that, good point. Oh well, night-lynch will do I suppose, still get a role-reveal.

ohh -sweet cheeks - I'm ok with that too.

you know what kids? next night? Please vote me the least participatory player.

I'd STILL love to have my role revealed and also the fact that I'm not a minion in any lynch post made. I don't care if it's a day or night poll. :noble: I know what role I have and I KNOW I'm not a recuit.

Lynching just justifies me. Please lynch me. Please prove me right.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:you know what kids? next night? Please vote me the least participatory player.
What would that accomplish?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Because I feel like my gender mistake is throwing people off a bit, here is a summary of my morning:

First I talked to bea, and agreed to go back and look at BWT's posts and voting history in this post: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 700#p54432

Then after reviewing BWT I found nothing particularly of interest, but his constant suspicion of Epi made me look into Epi's thread history.
Which I find somewhat suspicious, but mostly because of his level of aggression and strange behavior, not because I see anything logically indicative of badness (aside from the bob-minion short list of possibilities):
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 700#p54435

Then I went on to reread Bea and look into *her* voting history here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 700#p54438
I found a few details of specific interest, one of which I cannot share. But the timing of her shield possession and her subsequent response to my accusation both convince me that not only is she bad,
she is most likely Martell, hoping to sacrifice herself onto a lynch to try to get me lynched afterwards.

Then Bea continues to *beg* for a lynch, despite not being on the lynch poll, for post after post.

If she hadn't done that, but instead used the fairly obvious defense that I had messed up my calculation on the shield
(wouldn't have been time to pass it back and forth unless she was defended and forced to pass it the first night she possessed it),
I would be less convinced now - as it is I'm going to have to revise my confidence downwards quite a bit because of that timing issue :-\

I still think she'll be by far the best person to lynch on the next night poll though.

linki bea: And the continued begging to be lynched makes it even *more* likely she's martell, with nothing useful left to do buy die.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

Yeah, Bea is definitely looking bad. Trying to get a civ lynched is always a red flag for me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

And for the record, I am inclined to think Epig is civvie, based on his play style currently.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
bea wrote:you know what kids? next night? Please vote me the least participatory player.

honestly -all it would accomplish is that I would be proven that I was a) a civ and b) not the recruit. I have to admit - after so many days of being accused of this - I just kinda want to be proven to be as true as I know I am.

It's frustrating to be in my spot right now. I"ve been trying to help my team as much as I can . and things are financially a little tight right now. I've been scrambling for dinner every night waiting for my check to drop. I know my hubby has the cash too, but we are on opposite schedules and I hate to step on those toes ya know?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I'm cool with a lynch - :) but watch someone will nk me.

I would really really love a lynch.
So thank you for voting for me when you can again.

I at least - If I don't get kned will at least die knowing everyone knows I was doing the best I could - as feeble as it was at times.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

honestly -all it would accomplish is that I would be proven that I was a) a civ and b) not the recruit. I have to admit - after so many days of being accused of this - I just kinda want to be proven to be as true as I know I am.

It's frustrating to be in my spot right now. I"ve been trying to help my team as much as I can .
All I meant was that voting for you as the least participatory player would not mean anything, since the outcome is up to Zodac.
bea wrote:and things are financially a little tight right now. I've been scrambling for dinner every night waiting for my check to drop. I know my hubby has the cash too, but we are on opposite schedules and I hate to step on those toes ya know?
Hang in there bea. We know how that feels all too well. :hug:
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

bea wrote: honestly -all it would accomplish is that I would be proven that I was a) a civ and b) not the recruit. I have to admit - after so many days of being accused of this - I just kinda want to be proven to be as true as I know I am.
Kind of the problem is that it would prove no such thing.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:I take back what I said about things being more normal this morning. So llama is both insanified and has to try and post in rhyme? That's a shame, I would like to know his thoughts without insanification.

linki
Yes, it is a heavy cross to bear
I certainly was popular last Red Knight
makes yeild mad. located want Hot Soup curse and heliogram!
words submergence excursionist all garbled crier my King of Hearts.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote:All I meant was that voting for you as the least participatory player would not mean anything, since the outcome is up to Zodac.
I think Zodac has been demonstrating an intent to obey the majority will in general, so I wouldn't assume that my vote in the night polls means nothing.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

• Catherine Martell - [Twin Peaks] – Owner of the Packard Mill, and the wife of Pete. Also having an affair with Ben. Can control what role she is shown as when lynched.
Actually, that might not be the case.

MP: I'm guessing that the night polls don't count as lynches - would Martell still be able to control her role's appearance?
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

I don't think Bea is a baddie. She's obviously not one of the video game baddies, and I don't she's a manipulator either because... well, I don't think she would have allowed Matt to act the way he did before he was modkilled, and knowing him, I'm pretty sure he would not have acted like that in the first place if he had Bea as a teammate.

Also, I think she would have been way too obvious to be a minion and Dom is clever enough to pick a follower that would go unnoticed. Dom recruited on Night 2, assuming the attacks from Night 3 on Nev and Night 5 on juliets were Bob's minion's failed attempts and BB's NK on Night 4 was a result of the Butler's offer, the suspects for Bob's minion are: gleam, bea, BWT, Bullz, Elo, Epi, Hedge (minus gleam D5, bea D5, BWT D5, Epi D5 => Bullz, Elo and Hedge; or minus bea D3, BWT D3, Epi D3 and I would count gleam out again so => Bullz, Elo, Hedge). Potential minions: Bullz (Timmer), Elo and Hedge. Does this make sense? I've had a raging migraine since yesterday, so I may be delirious.:p

... some linkis
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote:I don't think Bea is a baddie. She's obviously not one of the video game baddies, and I don't she's a manipulator either because... well, I don't think she would have allowed Matt to act the way he did before he was modkilled, and knowing him, I'm pretty sure he would not have acted like that in the first place if he had Bea as a teammate.
I don't think that's obvious. The vg baddies tried to kill her, sure. But it was on a night during which she was holding the shield, and they would have *known* that.
Lizzy wrote: Also, I think she would have been way too obvious to be a minion and Dom is clever enough to pick a follower that would go unnoticed. Dom recruited on Night 2, assuming the attacks from Night 3 on Nev and Night 5 on juliets were Bob's minion's failed attempts and BB's NK on Night 4 was a result of the Butler's offer, the suspects for Bob's minion are: gleam, bea, BWT, Bullz, Elo, Epi, Hedge (minus gleam D5, bea D5, BWT D5, Epi D5 => Bullz, Elo and Hedge; or minus bea D3, BWT D3, Epi D3 and I would count gleam out again so => Bullz, Elo, Hedge). Potential minions: Bullz (Timmer), Elo and Hedge. Does this make sense? I've had a raging migraine since yesterday, so I may be delirious.:p

... some linkis
I strongly believe the attacks on night 3 and night 5 were fakes, based on there being no mention of them in the end-of-post summary MP always includes.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

Eh?

Still doing my re-read for the day but this caught my attention because Epig is not usually this dumb and if he's acting like it, well then he's acting.

I'm curious Epig, how you justify handing INH all his powers on a silver platter "neutering" him? In what way was he neutered? Additionally, did you expect anyone to be able to lynch Media after you gave INH all his powers on a silver platter (one of which is a lynch save go figure). Two wasted day periods, and yes you do shoulder some blame for that :)
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I'm going to try to sum up the evidence against BWT. I'm using quotes from Russti who seems to outline it well. (They do not look like the normal quotes because I can't figure out how to use the quote function in a search function). I am not advocating either way at this point regarding BWT, just trying to collect all the evidence. Is there anyone else who has something to add to this?

1. Accusing bea because of her post saying BOB could help but not reading her other post is strange. The post of his the bea quoted reads to me as trying to plant suspicion while leaving plenty of room to back off if it doesn't catch, which seems like a baddie move to me.

2. In the shield poll, the only thing any civ has incentive to do is to vote the person they think is most civ-like for the shield, so it doesn't end up in the hands of baddies and get passed back and forth (I htink that happened in MOTU). So if you voted bea, you thought she was the most civ-like player in the game.

The next day, she was one of your top 2 candidates for lynch, indicating she was one of the two people you thought were least likely to be civ. She jumped over 25 spots on your "Top Baddies" list overnight!! However, I think your case was weak and that you purposely worded it to be able to drop it later. Backing off is fine by me, especially if new info shows up, which it did. Wording things flimsily so nothing sticks to you seems baddie in my opinion.

3. BWT voted to rezz Kate.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Nevinera wrote:
Lizzy wrote:I don't think Bea is a baddie. She's obviously not one of the video game baddies, and I don't she's a manipulator either because... well, I don't think she would have allowed Matt to act the way he did before he was modkilled, and knowing him, I'm pretty sure he would not have acted like that in the first place if he had Bea as a teammate.
I don't think that's obvious. The vg baddies tried to kill her, sure. But it was on a night during which she was holding the shield, and they would have *known* that.
I'm not sure how convenient that would have been since the only civ role that would allow her to survive is Penny. John is out, and they didn't know Meat Boy's secret at the time. Villager's protege & Mr Henderson? Unlikely.
Lizzy wrote: Also, I think she would have been way too obvious to be a minion and Dom is clever enough to pick a follower that would go unnoticed. Dom recruited on Night 2, assuming the attacks from Night 3 on Nev and Night 5 on juliets were Bob's minion's failed attempts and BB's NK on Night 4 was a result of the Butler's offer, the suspects for Bob's minion are: gleam, bea, BWT, Bullz, Elo, Epi, Hedge (minus gleam D5, bea D5, BWT D5, Epi D5 => Bullz, Elo and Hedge; or minus bea D3, BWT D3, Epi D3 and I would count gleam out again so => Bullz, Elo, Hedge). Potential minions: Bullz (Timmer), Elo and Hedge. Does this make sense? I've had a raging migraine since yesterday, so I may be delirious.:p

... some linkis
I strongly believe the attacks on night 3 and night 5 were fakes, based on there being no mention of them in the end-of-post summary MP always includes.
Then you have bea, Epi and BWT. Epi and BWT were both targets before Night2 and Epi is usually a certain target at night, so recruiting him would have been risky. And Bea was too obvious. Alas! anything is possible. Butt I'd rather lynch a baddie k.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:I've had a raging migraine since yesterday, so I may be delirious.:p
:((
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:I've had a raging migraine since yesterday, so I may be delirious.:p
:((
ture. I may die from the metamizole overdose k

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”