Zootopia Mafia [Game Over]

Who is behind all this naked racist death?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Epignosis
8%
Kylemii
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Owner of a Lonely Heart
23%
The Disney Corporation (host/non/dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Zootopia Mafia Day 3

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:05 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:52 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:01 am You are all in luck, and will experience lurk-Dizzy this time around. Any questions? No? Good.
Not sure if I like this from you, I think the most lurky version of Dizzy I've seen was the GoT game where you were SK claiming survivor.

But under other circumstances, a lurky you might make some sense here.
Also a spoilered cat-pic of two cats hugging. I think it's an ugly post: a little "I threaten you, but then buddy you right after", and what's the idea here anyway? Is this a real accusation of "SK claiming survivor"? No mention of scum-Dizzy being a lurker despite the "ultra specific" accusation; shouldn't Owner have some scum-Dizzy memories to draw on?
Scum!Dizzy is more popping in an out. This is a slow game. Generally, if memory serves, I think he likes to try to stay in the group of top posters. Scum!Dizzy is just less of his truly town form. But in more scum games with Dizzy than not, Dizzy has been my achilles heel. He also waits to vote.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:55 pm I'm not sure if like Neverwhere's Avatar picture change. It might be NAI though. Too bad it isn't a character; those are much easier to read than plain text.
Clear off-topic post disguised as real content. :rolleyes:
I've caught scum with that tell before.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:04 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:53 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:41 am
Rej wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:29 am Tbh I don't doubt speedchuck for now. I am not good with Zootopia I have slowly to get into it. But aren't predators on the side of the protagonists?
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:19 am [VOTE: chuck] aubergine for claiming predator
Don't tell me you slipped and tell me town is splitt in 2 factions. Let's get it straight ahead.
This is why I'm voting Rej. I find the wording "slipped and tell me town" to be something very strange for a town member to say to another townie.
@Owner of a Lonely Heart my reasoning. Not really tmi I think
I am more voting for you for bringing up the word "pm".
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:56 am Eh. I'll quibble with the angle shooting but that might be more semantics than anything else. My logic is definitely not "oh you didn't have this knowledge from your PM so you must not be town"

Or how the wording ^^ here is defensive in saying that you aren't or your logic isn't like this.

I get that are explaining how you're not something, but a lot of this is up to how everyone as a whole interprets each other.

You may be this one idea or thing, but reading the quotations sounds like you know a thing or two. Or like I said, I feel like you are tmi-ing,
I don't see the TMI angle on bob here. Then Owner says it's about him saying the word 'PM', which I get as angle-shooting, but not TMI. The last part of this quote, I can't really resolve in my head. "A lot of this is up to how everyone as a whole interprets each other" feels like it drains meaning, rather than clarifies.
I'm used to modkilling people for using the word "pm" in a post. That's something that I'm very much not use to people talking about, because of the implications of it.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:20 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:14 am So what's the deal with the Miller claim? IF everyone votes for him... and he turns up Mafia... how will we know the truth? I guess it means little in a closed setup where we don't know how many Mafia there are, but we can estimate. Is it accurate that it's "usually a mafia tactic"?
From my understanding, a miller role is mainly an important distinction for whoever/whomever is/are the cop(s) in the game. Generally, it should only potentially be trusted if announced as a day 1.

I haven't seen it used as a mafia tactic in awhile.
This looks more 'TMI' than anything I have read from bob. Maybe because I still have some bad vibes from Rej about the whole Miller claim thing, but this post doubles down on the idea that Rej is Civ. Looks like two things: one, Owner has TMI that Rej isn't Mafia, and two, a desire to avoid whatever trap a Civ Rej might be trying to set here.

... that's the Day 1 Owner that stood out for me. I would vote for Owner after this read. I'll get back into it if I can, but my time is up right now, so that's all you get.
I thought Rej was claiming to be the otter guy, which thematically would make him clear town.
Spoiler: show
Logic
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Logic »

Because I forgot to actually vote for speedy in my last post:
[VOTE: Speedchuck] aubergine
PAGE 5 THOUGHTS
P#204 I reread the post by Indiglo claiming he offered a town scenario for Daisy, and it took me a moment to see why Epigenesis is tilted about it. This conversation between the two looks to be muddying the waters. Would not be surprised if this is W/W theatre, but I need more evidence to continue down this path. Just noting this interaction for later.
-town slightly for Indy and Epi here
P#205 Looks to be real frustration that people aren't reading. NAI
P#206 Feels towny to not care about votes early.
+town for Epi
P#209 Interesting to know some of the out-game-alliances and friendships. I do hope I don't gain any enemies here.
+town for Epi again.
P#210 nice subtle call out.
P#213 Not sure what Dyslexicon (I have got to find a shorter nickname for this person) is getting out of calling indiglo town. The "no meta knowledge" call out looks like trying to cover for TMI ATP.
-town for dyslexicon.
P#217 dyslexicon votes out of nowhere for LC. Interesting to see where this is going. NAI for now.
P#225 nutella gives a mild sheeping answer of Epi. Hmm. Wondering why nutella was the N1K. ISO of nutella doesn't scream "lock-town" so maybe the scum were PR-hunting? In a bastard/rolemadness game?
P#234, 235, 236 dyslexicon (I think I should call this one Lexy for short) wants to vote for nutella. For no stated reason. Could be a joke, but I'm getting bad vibes from it. Asks nutella why he's labelled bob town, and then gives a non-answer to nut when asked about his Long Con vote.
--town for this.
P#238 I like that indiglo is picking up on hte same thing I was. The question could be more pointed, methinks, but my perception of this could just be culture clash.
P#240 agree with bob here on everything but the LC vote. Lexy is my #2 scum ATP.
P#242-243 sounds like a phoned-in defense by Lexy. Not convinced by the "if you know me, I'm never scum here" so someone besides Lexy please prove me wrong if you can counter.
P#247 Fair assessment by Lexy that few have posted real content at EOD-1hour.
P#249 I like bob's response to Lexy. I also fail to see towniness in Lexy's actions, but it does do something to stimulate what appears to be a bunch of people treading water.
++town to bob

Current thoughts
Don't derp-clear me, indiglo. Scum working on a lengthy SOD post would know that Rej/Leetic was the kill, and omitting him is a level 0 scum mistake. Town would not know who the kill would be, and would not omit his mentions. And neither is likely to go back through their work to find all the mentions of the newly dead player and remove it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Fuck Suarez
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Zootopia Mafia Day 0

In the Scrimmage game with Epi, he was following his town circle. He had opinions.

Here, he's drinking. (not quite coffee)

He leaves an impression in my mind that there is something to be desired.

tl;dr

He feels different.

[VOTE: Epig] aubergine
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Dyslexicon = Dizzy

or Dys from the night poll
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 149

Post by indiglo »

[mention]Logic[/mention] here you also have to vote in the poll at the top of the thread, not just in your post. We're just old-fashioned like that. :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:14 amScum!Dizzy is more popping in an out. This is a slow game. Generally, if memory serves, I think he likes to try to stay in the group of top posters. Scum!Dizzy is just less of his truly town form. But in more scum games with Dizzy than not, Dizzy has been my achilles heel. He also waits to vote.
I think Diz gets more engaged as Civ, especially as a Civ with a good-looking start to the game.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:55 pm I'm not sure if like Neverwhere's Avatar picture change. It might be NAI though. Too bad it isn't a character; those are much easier to read than plain text.
Clear off-topic post disguised as real content. :rolleyes:
I've caught scum with that tell before.
Very well, I guess we'll see. Does Jinrou come in with a strike against him for this?
I'm used to modkilling people for using the word "pm" in a post. That's something that I'm very much not use to people talking about, because of the implications of it.
Got it.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:20 pmI thought Rej was claiming to be the otter guy, which thematically would make him clear town.
You've seen Zootopia, haven't you? I haven't. This guy?

"Emmitt Otterton is a North American river otter from the 2016 Disney animated film, Zootopia. The husband of Mrs. Otterton, he goes missing and mysteriously turns savage. The search for the missing otter becomes the driving force of the film."

Maybe Rej is the otter-turned-savage and is killing people. :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:38 am In the Scrimmage game with Epi, he was following his town circle. He had opinions.

tl;dr

He feels different.

Drinking is Epi's usual MO. It's NAI, he feels normal to me.
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

indiglo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:53 am @Logic here you also have to vote in the poll at the top of the thread, not just in your post. We're just old-fashioned like that. :beer:
Alrighty then.

Current feeling based on page 6

P#251 I am not enthused by this post. "Consolidate the wagons" is sometimes scumese for "one of my buddies is under threat." Not sure what the VC is at this point, but it looks like the was no one with more than a single vote.
-town to indiglo depending on the VCs ATP
P#253 Dizzy/Lexy makes a good point about nutella, and somewhat explains and mitigates earlier nutty behavior (pun absolutely intended.)
+town to Dizzy
P#255 nutty having no choice but to respond with only 2 words makes sense for her character reveal. Which also begins to boggle my mind why scum would NK her so soon. She'd have difficulty making a case and convincing anyone if she was right and scum would be able to skate on by. This makes me think Dizzy is a little more likely to be clear from P#257. No one else makes a comment on this scenario (on page 6 in 50 ppp)
P#259 confirmed scum Soneji gives us little to work with. The vote for Kyle is NAI for him. Also, PF is GOAT, so that means I should townread Soneji, right?
P#260 Dizzy places what I consider to be a bad vote on colonialbob with poor reasoning.
-town for Dizzy again.
P#261 & 263 this looks like complaining about the wagons; I'm not a fan. Not calling these 2 scummy, though it continues the slight trend indiglo set in 251, so it could be maintaining her thought process from there.
P#266 Dizzy starts a CFD on Soneji? OK, calling this slot very likely town.
P#268 Indiglo jumping on the Soneji CFD after complaining about the spread out votes is kinda YIKES if it weren't for the fact that this is on a scum wagon.
P#269 Speedy gives a joke. No additional content. 271 adds a bit of context to Soneji, but the second is info-instead-of-analysis at worst. Between the two, going to say this is not how a scum normally reacts near EOD when a buddy is on the line.
+town for speedy, begrudgingly
P#273, 274, 276, & 277 Busy on weekends (aren't we all?) but reluctance to vote Soneji over no-show Daisy is NAGL. Especially since Soneji also just voted a different player that might as well be a no-show player for the content that they have produced up to this point.
-town that I just gave him. C'mon speedy!
P#279 Kyle has shown up. I will continue to pronounce this either as Kai-du, or the same way that Eric Cartman does, because those are the acceptable way to pronounce "Kyle". "Whoops" by Kyle for forgetting the game is NAI, but noted to see if this is a trend for him to show up only around EOD.
P#280 GOOD QUESTION DIZZY. I too would like to know what speedy is going on about.
P#282 Kyle asking Soneji for clarification about the "yikes" is decent 284 and 285 I like him trying to engage speedchuck about spacedaisy.
+town to Kyle
P#286 "it frustrates people" Yes, yes it does. I want something other than a non-answer, speedy.
-town
P#290 mindmeld with Dizzy here.
P#292 again, with a non-answer from speedy.
-town
P#300 realizing soneji is voting kyle for BS reasons is the best thing I've seen from speedy so far.
+town

Updates on reads
Speedy still top scum
Dizzy moved to townlean from previous place as #2 scum.
Kyle looks townish. Give him townlean
Indiglow slightly townier than kyle, slightly less than bob.
Colonialbob is my top town ATP.
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

P#301 methinks kyle derpcleared himself here. Rej and dizzy claimed miller (with the latter retracting) while soneji did nothing of the sort.
P#302 I happen to like the slowness for the benefit of my catchup.
P#307 dizzy clarifys to kyle the miller claim
P#308 speedy not solving.
P#310 speedy maybe gets his prior statement wasn't helpful. possible derp? Does it make it a derp-clear? I'm leaning no.
P#312 speedy casts doubt on the soneji wagon, advocates a lynch the lurker strategy instead.
-town
P#313 bob votes Soneji. Leaning that this is not a bus due to timing of it, but not sure what the votecount is here.
+town
#315 non-helpful statement that is merely an observation of obvious fact.
-town
P#316 Dizzy shows slight anxiety over this wagon. probable town reaction.
+town
P#317 speedy is again not helping anything with random banter. It looks to be posting to look like contributing. I'm this close to calling him lock-wolf.
P#319 dizzy pretty much doing the same as speedy here. Conf-bias tells me I may need to lay off speedy a bit because I don't see dizzy's posts the same way I see speedys. I'm going to try looking at speedy from fresh eyes. I'll have to ISO him and see if anything stands out.
P#321 looks like my pinging on speedy for random observations is a site-culture thing, as this marks indiglo doing the same thing. This may take some getting used to.
P#322 A Scum voting a partner would most likely cut soneji loose and go bed anyway. Villager statement by dizzy.
+town
P#323 not a big fan of this from kyle, but it is on a scum, so maybe this is forgiven.
LYNCH REACTIONS
All feel pretty townie except colonialbob. Something doesn't sound quite right there.
P#335/336 not really liking these post by Epi. Here he's kinda giving a "statistics say" excuse for not being mafia with Soneji AGAIN.
P#337 Speedy with a pun-tacular post. NAI
P#338 another pun? this one by Epi. Not sure what speedy has done up to here, but maybe the "GOAT" comment is for speedy's puns. I want more info on this.
P#339 first appearance of the much discussed Spacedaisy. Kinda meta appearance, at that.
-town
P#340 return of the long con. I'm gonna call this no-vote excuse NAI. I don't want to punish people for having a life outsife of a computer screen.
P#342 another mindmeld with dizzy regarding speedy this time. I think dizzy should supplant bob as my top townread from here on out.
P#343 ooh. actually, a really good point by dizzy. bob is evicted from the towns, and wading in the nulls now that I think about this.
P#344 explains a little derp. haha.
P#345 gives a reasonable explanation for nut's NK. Kinda surprised Kyle wasn't the N2K from this same logic. Also, I think dizzy has it right about bob here. I have to rethink my earlier bob stance and the vote for soneji.
P#346 Sad Panda
P#347 while true, feels like a deflection and not a defense.
P#348 bob makes a decent defense. Maybe this is just ATE that I am just accepting, but for now, bob stays put in hte neutrals.
P#350 I disagree with indigo's list placement for speedy, and BWT (only due to it being my slot; can totally understand the reason it is placed so low) but can't argue with anything else about it, except dropping epi from the lime greens to the yellows, and making the oranges yellow instead (BWT, Daisy, Owner, & Never) None of these 4 have given me enough reason to scumread them. They are all flying under the radar, and no more so than either mac nor long con. Epi looks a tad on hte scummy side, but not enough to rate him orange.
END OF PAGE 7

New reads!
Speedchuck is still my #1 scumspect, though I may need to get out of my tunnel.
Dsylexicon is looking like my new #1 town.
Bob is evicted from towns. Sitting in the null wasteland.
Kyle has one foot in town and one in the nulls.
Daisy has shown up, and is keeping bob company with her 3 words thus far.
Epi is not looking great. In the nulls with a lean towards scum in my book.

Taking a beak from back-reading, and am current on d3 posts.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 248

Post by Epignosis »

I don't care how I look.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:27 pm I don't care how I look.
^^^
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

I'll give you a +town for that comment.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:33 pm Maybe Rej is the otter-turned-savage and is killing people. :shrug:
In the film, they think the Otter's reverting to savage ways, but he's actually a victim. Sounds miller-ish to me.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:37 am Fuck Suarez
He can’t help himself. XD
Jinrou
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Jinrou »

ok guys i am at home from work now

you are sharing my attention with the new path of exile league and i guess a lot of beer and vodka i got for this launch
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 57

Post by MacDougall »

Jinrou hello. How are you?
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:28 pm Jinrou hello. How are you?
I am somehow splititng my attention between this and path of exile rn

regardless

i checked soneji iso first and was shocked how short it was
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We fucks
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:00 pmWe fucks
tell me who i should iso?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Indiglo and Owner
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:31 pm Indiglo and Owner
I'd lynch Owner.

I don't have any understanding as to why Owner's vote is on me.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:33 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:20 pmI thought Rej was claiming to be the otter guy, which thematically would make him clear town.
You've seen Zootopia, haven't you? I haven't. This guy?

"Emmitt Otterton is a North American river otter from the 2016 Disney animated film, Zootopia. The husband of Mrs. Otterton, he goes missing and mysteriously turns savage. The search for the missing otter becomes the driving force of the film."

Maybe Rej is the otter-turned-savage and is killing people. :shrug:
speedchuck wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:25 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:33 pm Maybe Rej is the otter-turned-savage and is killing people. :shrug:
In the film, they think the Otter's reverting to savage ways, but he's actually a victim. Sounds miller-ish to me.
But with the flip, it turns out that he isn't the otter guy.
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

Jinrou wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:18 pm
I recommend Speedchuck.
He was counter wagon to a town D2, and I am currently in a tunnel on him because I think his entire D1 was scummy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:38 am In the Scrimmage game with Epi, he was following his town circle. He had opinions.

tl;dr

He feels different.

You're voting for me because I'm drinking?

The something to be desired is another scotch.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There is no effort whatsoever in Owner's accusation of me to discern whether or not I'm a civilian. It's a fill-in-the-blank suspicion that invites others to answer without Owner ever stating a grievance. It's empty. It's evil.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I say Owner, Speedchuck and ColonialBob. Maybe throw in a Long Con for good measure. :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:44 pm There is no effort whatsoever in Owner's accusation of me to discern whether or not I'm a civilian. It's a fill-in-the-blank suspicion that invites others to answer without Owner ever stating a grievance. It's empty. It's evil.
I've been suspicious of her as well. But I can't tell if it's just because that's how she is (and that's how she plays) or if it's because she's actually scummy.

Now I'm drinking. I must be bad too. :beer: :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Re: Zootopia Mafia Day 2

Post by indiglo »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:07 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:06 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:57 am I think that falls under the angle-shooting category. Cheap damn way to catch a baddie, I think we should make it one of our understood 'house rules' on Syndicate that we don't bring it up. Believe it in your own mind, no one can stop that, but don't bring it up in the thread.

Speedchuck, are you the kind of guy who busses a teammate, or tries to save?
Depends on the situation. I would bus a teammate if they looked doomed. I won't defend a teammate unless there is something really good to defend, or unless there's a good target other than them that I can believably push.

Basically I'll try to save a drowning teammate if there's almost no way it comes back to bite me, I'll bus them if not.
That conforms to your Soneji stuff on Day 1. What better evidence is out there to lynch someone?
Talking about D1? There wasn't much.

Came across this classic in my ISO. And it really struck me this time. Speedy's description of what he'd do as a mafia (regarding bussing a teammate or not) is pretty much exactly what he did with Soneji on D1.

+1 for Long Con
-1 for Speedy

XOXO Epi Girl
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:39 pm

tl;dr

He feels different.

I'm voting for you because you feel different from the Scrimmage game, where you were town. The something to be desired is more along the lines the content amount you were bringing to the table that game versus your drinking habits and such this game.

I guess in my mind there was less drinking involved and more town circle-ness.

Owner1: But it was only one game?
Owner2: But he feels different.
Owner1: Is one game enough?
Owner3: Idk my bff jill
Owner2: In the Scrimmage game, he was forming a town circle and trusting in other people's reads. In this game, I give you exhibit A:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 pm True story:

The last time Soneji and I were on a team together, I was away and unable to participate, and Sonji got lynched Day 1.

I was away and unable to participate tonight. :omg:
^^^

Dude, you are telling us a story, and giving us WIFOM.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 pm We're not bad together though.
Posted right after that posts, he clarifies with this one. ^^

Owner2: *side glares at Epig* Me: I'm like what is the point in saying these 2 things. Is this a guilty apology to Soneji for not being there? StillMe: I'm like...
Owner3: I don't know

Also another filler statement:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:26 pm My super power truly is doing shit and then not doing shit when it's time to vote.

Owner4: (sarcasm) We could sure use more posts like these. ^^
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

indiglo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 pm Now I'm drinking. I must be bad too. :beer: :beer:
Don't get me started.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

indiglo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:55 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:07 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:06 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:57 am I think that falls under the angle-shooting category. Cheap damn way to catch a baddie, I think we should make it one of our understood 'house rules' on Syndicate that we don't bring it up. Believe it in your own mind, no one can stop that, but don't bring it up in the thread.

Speedchuck, are you the kind of guy who busses a teammate, or tries to save?
Depends on the situation. I would bus a teammate if they looked doomed. I won't defend a teammate unless there is something really good to defend, or unless there's a good target other than them that I can believably push.

Basically I'll try to save a drowning teammate if there's almost no way it comes back to bite me, I'll bus them if not.
That conforms to your Soneji stuff on Day 1. What better evidence is out there to lynch someone?
Talking about D1? There wasn't much.

Came across this classic in my ISO. And it really struck me this time. Speedy's description of what he'd do as a mafia (regarding bussing a teammate or not) is pretty much exactly what he did with Soneji on D1.

+1 for Long Con
-1 for Speedy
:shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:44 pm There is no effort whatsoever in Owner's accusation of me to discern whether or not I'm a civilian. It's a fill-in-the-blank suspicion that invites others to answer without Owner ever stating a grievance. It's empty. It's evil.
This whole post is reiterating itself. You could have said this in one sentence. Instead, you are saying the same thing over and over as if it was suppose to be something new and different.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 pm

tl;dr

He feels different.

I'm voting for you because you feel different from the Scrimmage game, where you were town. The something to be desired is more along the lines the content amount you were bringing to the table that game versus your drinking habits and such this game.

Owner2: In the Scrimmage game, he was forming a town circle and trusting in other people's reads. In this game, I give you exhibit A:

The last time Soneji and I were on a team together, I was away and unable to participate, and Sonji got lynched Day 1.

^^^

Owner2: *side glares at Epig* Me: I'm like what is the point in saying these 2 things. Is this a guilty apology to Soneji for not being there? StillMe: I'm like...

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:26 pm My super power truly is doing shit and then not doing shit when it's time to vote.

I don't know what to tell you. You're voting me because I'm being different? Are you aware that this is exam week, and I'm on my feet all day administering stressful, high-stakes state-mandated exams that you can lose your license for if you fuck up, and that students taking the exams aren't the best at following directions? And that Internet usage isn't permitted during exams?

I signed up as a replacement to be a warm body. If you're comparing this performance to one game I played with you that I don't even recall, then you need a new magnifying glass, Sherlock. :smoky:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 pm
This whole post is reiterating itself. You could have said this in one sentence. Instead, you are saying the same thing over and over as if it was suppose to be something new and different.
It's called emphasis. It's a "rhetorical device." :noble:

You're acting like the repetition is supposed to mean anything with respect to my alignment, but once again, you're not making that call. You're leaving it open for someone else to do. :nicenod:
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:51 pm
indiglo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:34 pm
Kyle, when you voted yesterday, would you say you were pretty well caught up on the thread? Or just skimming quickly to vote?
more the latter. I was behind by 4 pages

I had basically only read soniji's iso and speedchuck's case against spacedaisy
I also still can't 100% shake my paranoia that on D1 Kyle was a bit behind, and skimming to vote, and stil ended up voting for a mafia over a civ.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

[mention]Speedchuck[/mention] imagine you're not being looked at suspiciously. Who are you looking at right now? Inquiring minds want to know. :nicenod:

XOXO Epi Girl
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:07 pm

You're acting like the repetition is supposed to mean anything with respect to my alignment, but once again, you're not making that call. You're leaving it open for someone else to do. :nicenod:
I call it filler. But sure take your filler emphasis. It's not like I hold the keys to what everyone thinks of each other. I guess I just have higher standards of what I think your town play looks like. I could be wrong here. But from my stand point in what I saw of your play in the Scrimmage game, you look hella scummy this game.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

indiglo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:08 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:51 pm
indiglo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:34 pm
Kyle, when you voted yesterday, would you say you were pretty well caught up on the thread? Or just skimming quickly to vote?
more the latter. I was behind by 4 pages

I had basically only read soniji's iso and speedchuck's case against spacedaisy
I also still can't 100% shake my paranoia that on D1 Kyle was a bit behind, and skimming to vote, and stil ended up voting for a mafia over a civ.
Is this thought of yours making him town in your mind or making him more so scum because of it?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jinrou wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:19 pm ok guys i am at home from work now

you are sharing my attention with the new path of exile league and i guess a lot of beer and vodka i got for this launch
You're mafia. :faint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:14 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:07 pm

I call it filler. But sure take your filler emphasis. It's not like I hold the keys to what everyone thinks of each other. I guess I just have higher standards of what I think your town play looks like. I could be wrong here. But from my stand point in what I saw of your play in the Scrimmage game, you look hella scummy this game.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

indiglo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:11 pm @Speedchuck imagine you're not being looked at suspiciously. Who are you looking at right now? Inquiring minds want to know. :nicenod:
I've already given a suspect pool. Most of it still holds. If I were to look into someone right now, I'd probably look into people who were here, but didn't seem to care about the tie between myself and Sloonei.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

It's a good thing I don't partake of alcoholic beverages
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 pm
indiglo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:11 pm speedchuck imagine you're not being looked at suspiciously. Who are you looking at right now? Inquiring minds want to know. :nicenod:
I've already given a suspect pool. Most of it still holds. If I were to look into someone right now, I'd probably look into people who were here, but didn't seem to care about the tie between myself and Sloonei.
Which parts of it still hold?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 pm It's a good thing I don't partake of alcoholic beverages
I'll have yours.
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

indiglo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:45 pm

I say Owner, Speedchuck and ColonialBob. Maybe throw in a Long Con for good measure. :beer:
will get to that then when i wake up tomorrow
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 pm

tl;dr

He feels different.

^^^

I don't know what to tell you. You're voting me because I'm being different? Are you aware that this is exam week, and I'm on my feet all day administering stressful, high-stakes state-mandated exams that you can lose your license for if you fuck up, and that students taking the exams aren't the best at following directions? And that Internet usage isn't permitted during exams?

I signed up as a replacement to be a warm body. If you're comparing this performance to one game I played with you that I don't even recall, then you need a new magnifying glass, Sherlock. :smoky:
I can't make excuses for you when you aren't here. I have fallen victim to reading too much into ogi (Out of Game Information), and have had wrong reads because I let people's circumstances get to me. I did not know that this was the case.

Here's what I'm doing.
I'm on my feet most of the day working a local Walmart. Lately, we (in apparel) have been noticing a lot of potential theft that has been dealt our direction, by customer service not being as vigilant with what they receive back. A lot of stuff returned doesn't belong to our store, and people are freely getting money back for it. Just tonight, one associate accepted back 3 bathing suits, two of which were highly contaminated with bodily fluids. That is a huge No No. With gloves on, I got to dispose of all 3 bathing suits, Sure, one probably hadn't been worn, but it was in the same bag with other offenders. That's roughly $50 worth of bathing suits that we shouldn't have lost money on. Or last week, we had 2 baby seats of some sort returned to us. Both of them were taped up and looked kind of old. We opened both of them up. One smelled like cigarette smoke and had an empty coffee cup in it. We suspect someone is buying up cheap thrift shop old Walmart merchandise, and then getting bigger bucks for it at our store.

^^ Basically, I feel enraged with what people are getting by with. I don't have the stress and worry of potentially losing my job. But I would argue that we all have crap to deal with that may make us annoyed/stressed/and rather not be bothered. But we are still here.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:16 pm

:clap: hmm

Owner1: How does Epig fit in with this statement made to Jinrou. Is it as distance? Or is it NAI behavior from Jinrou?
Owner2: I'm gonna take some advice from Denrek (Mafia game 4 championship). He was telling Askthepizzaguy to follow his reads even if they are potentially convincing you that you may be wrong. Still push said reads until you are sure you are actually wrong.
Owner3: Maybe they are both scum? idk
Owner4: Both to be scum, seems unlikely given on how ready epi is eager to tell him that he's mafia.
Owner3: Or maybe Epig is making a joke? idk (i'm not very great at finding jokes in text...hmm)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not accusing you of being different from one game to the next. That's what you're accusing me of. I'm telling you why. I'm not around. I'm NOT here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:42 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:16 pm

:clap: hmm

Owner1: How does Epig fit in with this statement made to Jinrou. Is it as distance? Or is it NAI behavior from Jinrou?
Owner2: I'm gonna take some advice from Denrek (Mafia game 4 championship). He was telling Askthepizzaguy to follow his reads even if they are potentially convincing you that you may be wrong. Still push said reads until you are sure you are actually wrong.
Owner3: Maybe they are both scum? idk
Owner4: Both to be scum, seems unlikely given on how ready epi is eager to tell him that he's mafia.
Owner3: Or maybe Epig is making a joke? idk (i'm not very great at finding jokes in text...hmm)
I don't get this.

Do you have an opinion, or are you going to name every possibility?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”