Zootopia Mafia [Game Over]

Who is behind all this naked racist death?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Epignosis
8%
Kylemii
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Owner of a Lonely Heart
23%
The Disney Corporation (host/non/dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Zootopia Mafia Day 4

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:30 pm Nighthowlers aren't wolves, they're toxic flowers making predators go savage.
:faint:
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 pm If one or more of the cops is bad, who and why?
Kyle. Everybody else has legitimate posting history that indicates they actually believed they were the/a cop.

The exception is if Jack told mafia about the multiple cops thing, I guess. Potentially the case but seems a little like stacking the deck? Idk.
Logic
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Logic »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 pm If one or more of the cops is bad, who and why?
From what I remember of the movie, with the exception of one, the cops are just kinda incompetent.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 248

Post by Epignosis »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:12 pm
Kyle. Everybody else has legitimate posting history that indicates they actually believed they were the/a cop.

The exception is if Jack told mafia about the multiple cops thing, I guess. Potentially the case but seems a little like stacking the deck? Idk.
I appreciate this assertion- you're using what you do know instead of lamenting what you don't.
Logic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:21 pm
From what I remember of the movie, with the exception of one, the cops are just kinda incompetent.
I wouldn't put any stock in what happened with the movie in a setup in which claiming is legal.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 149

Post by indiglo »

I would give the same answer and the same reason.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm fine with a Kyle lynch or a Jinrou lynch as of right now. I realize there's another day available.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Dyslexicon »

indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:14 pmPardon me, what does that even mean?? Win without parity?
That mafia can win without overtaking the town by numbers. It's in the OP.
Also in the OP is that town needs to get rid of mafia.
I was half expecting that we had to form a protest against the mods - "We resist this oppressive system! Predators and preys are mere labels bestowed upon us for you to control us all, while we fight our petty war among ourselves. No more, I say! No more!"
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:29 pm I'm fine with a Kyle lynch or a Jinrou lynch as of right now. I realize there's another day available.

Ditto. I feel a bit more comfortable voting Jinrou (which feels weird to say after he copped green, but hey, bastards is as bastards do), but this Day Phase is going to be my phase of trust and cooperation. Paranoia hasn't worked yet, so I'm going to try the opposite. It's Bizarro Indi day! So, if everyone else that I trust feels more comfortable voting Kylemii, I'll go there too, no hesitation.

I also mentioned earlier that the kooky night kills make sense coming from a kooky Kylemii. Or, it could be that just as our alignment checks are untrustworthy, perhaps they have something wonky going on with their nightkills.

Another also is that he seemed to have trouble remembering who he copped each night. And trust me, I know exactly who I targeted each night with absolutely no problem, because I've been basing my entire game play on those checks.

As an aside to those who now know they were alignment checked - did anything weird happen to you on the nights you were targeted?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:35 pm
indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:14 pmPardon me, what does that even mean?? Win without parity?
That mafia can win without overtaking the town by numbers. It's in the OP.
Also in the OP is that town needs to get rid of mafia.
I was half expecting that we had to form a protest against the mods - "We resist this oppressive system! Predators and preys are mere labels bestowed upon us for you to control us all, while we fight our petty war among ourselves. No more, I say! No more!"

Yeah, I read it in the OP and didn't know what it meant then either. LOL Thank you for explaining. I had just never heard that term before.

XOXO Epi Girl
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Logic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:21 pm
And I was feeling so special. I actually think this is the first time ever I randed cop in my 6 years of on and off mafia playing. Looool.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:38 pmYeah, I read it in the OP and didn't know what it meant then either. LOL Thank you for explaining. I had just never heard that term before.
Parity means equal. So kind of fitting with the theme. =p
But here it refers to mafia having the same numbers as town in the thread. So it seems mafia can win that way, or some other mysterious way. We need to lynch some mafia soon is my feeling regardless lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:37 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:29 pm I'm fine with a Kyle lynch or a Jinrou lynch as of right now. I realize there's another day available.

Ditto. I feel a bit more comfortable voting Jinrou (which feels weird to say after he copped green, but hey, bastards is as bastards do), but this Day Phase is going to be my phase of trust and cooperation. Paranoia hasn't worked yet, so I'm going to try the opposite. It's Bizarro Indi day! So, if everyone else that I trust feels more comfortable voting Kylemii, I'll go there too, no hesitation.

I also mentioned earlier that the kooky night kills make sense coming from a kooky Kylemii. Or, it could be that just as our alignment checks are untrustworthy, perhaps they have something wonky going on with their nightkills.

Another also is that he seemed to have trouble remembering who he copped each night. And trust me, I know exactly who I targeted each night with absolutely no problem, because I've been basing my entire game play on those checks.

As an aside to those who now know they were alignment checked - did anything weird happen to you on the nights you were targeted?
Nothing has happened to me, and apparently I was targeted plenty.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

If any of the cop claims are untrue, I think it would be Kyle's. That whole getting random messages could definitely be made up. Why would Kyle be the only one getting custom messages. I just got town every time, and it seems that was the experience that Bob, Logic and indiglo had too. I can easily see Kyle make up this shit to make it sound believable and specific. I think. Maybe. Right?

[VOTE: Kyle] aubergine
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:42 pm If any of the cop claims are untrue, I think it would be Kyle's. That whole getting random messages could definitely be made up. Why would Kyle be the only one getting custom messages. I just got town every time, and it seems that was the experience that Bob, Logic and indiglo had too. I can easily see Kyle make up this shit to make it sound believable and specific. I think. Maybe. Right?

Yeah, that is weird, I agree. I didn't even get a complete sentence. It was just the word Result, a colon :, and then the word Town. Every time the same.

(This way I'm not quoting my PMs)

Also, I made a really cute letter head graphic for my night power PMs, and they both told me it was cute and funny. But that was all in a different message. But they did use complete sentences then, just to stick up for their communication skills.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I want us to pause and consider Kylemii's messages he claimed he got.

If he did not get them, it meant he made them up.

Do you believe he made them up?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:48 pm I want us to pause and consider Kylemii's messages he claimed he got.

He could? He seems rather creative and smart.
Do you think he would? You probably know him better than me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:49 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:48 pm I want us to pause and consider Kylemii's messages he claimed he got.

He could? He seems rather creative and smart.
Do you think he would? You probably know him better than me.
My issue is not what I know of Kyle(mii), but rather what I don't know of the movie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:01 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:56 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:51 pm I'm not "hitting my stride" because I'm just not that into mafia right now I guess, I've been playing this game whole-ly from my phone. I took a break for a reason.
I know that feeling.

Can you point to anywhere you did something cop-like?

(Hopefully you understand why I'm not taking further cop claims at face value)
I can't. I'm 99% sure a bastard cop. Instead of results I've been getting responses like "you totally meant to do that but instead you got distracted with a phone app" or "you were definitely gonna do that but you got distracted by donuts" last night I didn't get a message like that but was just told "no results" implying something else happened.
Here's the post. I want people to discuss this before hanging him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The first thing I notice is that Kylemii says he got messages "like" this or that.

The third item breaks the trend.

I'm inclined to believe that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And given that double-targeting is allowed, it makes sense to me that Kylemii got fucked with twice and then got unlucky a third time.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

That's a good point. And the third response he got is pretty much identical to the messages I got - 2 words, straight to the point. He couldn't have known about the simple 2 word replies if he hadn't received one.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

indiglo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:02 am That's a good point. And the third response he got is pretty much identical to the messages I got - 2 words, straight to the point. He couldn't have known about the simple 2 word replies if he hadn't received one.
Excellent.

I believe Kylemii is truthful and thus a civilian.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Get your filthy votes off Kylemii.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spoiler: show
Who is a threat to Zootopia?

Poll runs till Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:49 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

Logic
No votes

Voters: None

CBob
No votes

Epi
No votes

Dys
No votes

Indiglo
No votes

Kyle
21%

Voters: Dyslexicon, Owner of a Lonely Heart, colonialbob

LC
No votes

Jinrou
21%

Voters: Epignosis, indiglo, Logic

Owner
No votes

Soneji (host/dead/non)
57%

Voters: nutella, juliets, speedchuck, Sloonei, leetic, MacDougall, JaggedJimmyJay, Jackofhearts2005

Total votes: 14
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Huh. I don't know. I will sleep now. I'll probably just end up sheeping indiglo tbh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

indiglo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:02 am That's a good point. And the third response he got is pretty much identical to the messages I got - 2 words, straight to the point. He couldn't have known about the simple 2 word replies if he hadn't received one.
Of course he could. Scum can be blocked you know.

Anyway.

What's the case on Jinrou?
Also Owner is not a cop?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 am

Anyway.

Also Owner is not a cop?
Jinrou wanted my head and gave up. I don't believe there was any conviction there, but maybe I'm misunderstanding someone who called me big gae or something I don't get because I'm happy being old. Your mileage may vary.

I don't care if Owner is a cop unless you have a reason I should.

The biggest takeaway for me in this moment is that Kylemii is a civilian and by extension, indiglo is too. I'm happy starting there today.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That said, I don't want to railroad Jinrou before hearing from him in light of all the new business.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 am

Anyway.

Also Owner is not a cop?
Now let's all claim role blocking powers too and see what happens.

Jack, you want a bastard game??

YOU GOT ITTTTTTTTT!!!11!!!!1!

:ninja:

I am about to fall asleep. But I will do more tomorrow, and try to remember to answer the Jinrou question then too, unless someone else beats me to it.

Owner did not claim cop, neither did Epi. (But truth be told, Epi responded exactly the way I expected him to. Exact wording and everything I had imagined in my brain. I laughed when it happened.)

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:04 am Huh. I don't know. I will sleep now. I'll probably just end up sheeping indiglo tbh
Oh no, please don't do that. I can assure you I have no idea what is going on and who is bad right now. :puppy: :grin:

XOXO Epi Girl
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:51 pm I'm not "hitting my stride" because I'm just not that into mafia right now I guess, I've been playing this game whole-ly from my phone. I took a break for a reason.
I know that feeling.

I can't. I'm 99% sure a bastard cop. Instead of results I've been getting responses like "you totally meant to do that but instead you got distracted with a phone app" or "you were definitely gonna do that but you got distracted by donuts" last night I didn't get a message like that but was just told "no results" implying something else happened.
Those are both believable things that Clawhauser (a character from the movie) would do. I'm not sure whether it bothers me that the third was "no results" - either he ran out of stuff to make up, the hosts ran out of creative ways to say stuff, or something different actually happened.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:32 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm
I know that feeling.

Those are both believable things that Clawhauser (a character from the movie) would do. I'm not sure whether it bothers me that the third was "no results" - either he ran out of stuff to make up, the hosts ran out of creative ways to say stuff, or something different actually happened.
I don't care about characters. I don't know any characters.

It isn't "either he ran out of stuff to make up" or "the hosts ran out of creative ways to say stuff."
If Kylemii isn't telling the truth, then he got lucky as hell making up try number three, didn't he?

Changing my vote back to bob.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 am Also Owner is not a cop?
correct
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:46 pm I didn't even get a complete sentence. It was just the word Result, a colon :, and then the word Town. Every time the same.
It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that [mention]indiglo[/mention] has been fired. She was Officer Trunkaby (Town/Prey).

The purpose of the "no quoting messages from the host" rule is so that the wording of a pm may not be used to confirm a town player that knows how the host words things or to out a scum player who does not. Spelling out the wording of a pm without literally quoting it still has the same negative effect. I believe Indiglo has been confirmed town by the post quoted above.

This action is not intended to shame Indiglo, who Juliets and I have both enjoyed having in our game. I apologize to her for not making this rule more clear. Nevertheless, her removal from the game is necessary to ensure fairness to the scum team.

Please do not attempt to use the specific wording of pms from the hosts in order to read players or self confirm.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:04 am Get your filthy votes off Kylemii.
What do you make of scum being given fake claims?

Note: I do like how Kyle's responses are different than the people who just gave a list of names and nights.

But his lack of solving or not much interaction with the rest of the game is what bothers me about him.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:21 am
indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:46 pm I didn't even get a complete sentence. It was just the word Result, a colon :, and then the word Town. Every time the same.
It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that @indiglo has been fired. She was Officer Trunkaby (Town/Prey).

The purpose of the "no quoting messages from the host" rule is so that the wording of a pm may not be used to confirm a town player that knows how the host words things or to out a scum player who does not. Spelling out the wording of a pm without literally quoting it still has the same negative effect. I believe Indiglo has been confirmed town by the post quoted above.

This action is not intended to shame Indiglo, who Juliets and I have both enjoyed having in our game. I apologize to her for not making this rule more clear. Nevertheless, her removal from the game is necessary to ensure fairness to the scum team.

Please do not attempt to use the specific wording of pms from the hosts in order to read players or self confirm.
:fist: :fist: :fist:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

that's actually wrong. saying zootopia over and over and generally being a memelord was an active choice i made to make sure I survived long enough to cop someone. i went a different direction once I realized that at the very least my role likely wasn't a perfect cop, but also that there was probably at least one other cop in the game due to the presence of a miller before I got tired/busy
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:32 amThose are both believable things that Clawhauser (a character from the movie) would do. I'm not sure whether it bothers me that the third was "no results" - either he ran out of stuff to make up, the hosts ran out of creative ways to say stuff, or something different actually happened.
the message I received said that my failure wasn't my fault this time, which implies to me that either I was blocked or that the player I targeted is untargetable somehow.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 pm The first thing I notice is that Kylemii says he got messages "like" this or that.

The third item breaks the trend.

I'm inclined to believe that.
I'm saying "like" to avoid copy pasting or even paraphrasing my PMs, the first two were basically storyboards from the actual movie. third one wasn't and included a notification that this wasn't a personal failure.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:37 pmI also mentioned earlier that the kooky night kills make sense coming from a kooky Kylemii. Or, it could be that just as our alignment checks are untrustworthy, perhaps they have something wonky going on with their nightkills.
anyone who's ever played with me knows that i don't ever make the kill choices
what are you even talking about? the only one I wasn't sure of was LC and that's cus I was convinced that my role is a prank role at the point they i made that decision. where is this coming from
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:42 pm If any of the cop claims are untrue, I think it would be Kyle's. That whole getting random messages could definitely be made up. Why would Kyle be the only one getting custom messages. I just got town every time, and it seems that was the experience that Bob, Logic and indiglo had too. I can easily see Kyle make up this shit to make it sound believable and specific. I think. Maybe. Right?

I want to point out before I go to bed that I don't like how far dizzy goes out of the way to ignore the fact that my role is clearly a thematic joke role in a bastard game. Having one role that's "haha Jonah Hill cat cop wants junk food instead of detective work, it's a fun prank" is cute and funny, but having multiple roles exactly like mine that say they do one thing but actually don't do anything would be less creative or interesting, especially if they were both cops for some reason
Jinrou
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Jinrou »

no result is the most common mafia phrase for a roleblock possible
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

and its not even related to the role, every night action would get that phrase
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

and epi i will get to ur ass soon enough
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 am

that's actually wrong. saying zootopia over and over and generally being a memelord was an active choice i made to make sure I survived long enough to cop someone. i went a different direction once I realized that at the very least my role likely wasn't a perfect cop, but also that there was probably at least one other cop in the game due to the presence of a miller before I got tired/busy
Ok, this is more convincing to me.

[VOTE: jinrou] aubergine
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 am

he didnt cop me or is lying
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jinrou wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:29 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 am

he didnt cop me or is lying
Me or mii
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

How/when did you "realize" there was another cop?
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

I know that feeling.

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:41 pm
indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 pm @Kyle who did you target each night so far?

I don't know how anyone phone mafias. It is the worst!!
Speedchuck, epignosis, then I think.... Long con?
Kylemii wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:19 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:32 amThose are both believable things that Clawhauser (a character from the movie) would do. I'm not sure whether it bothers me that the third was "no results" - either he ran out of stuff to make up, the hosts ran out of creative ways to say stuff, or something different actually happened.
the message I received said that my failure wasn't my fault this time, which implies to me that either I was blocked or that the player I targeted is untargetable somehow.
@epigensis these first two make me think Kylemii is making it up. The third looks like a reasonable explanation. How did you get to "Kylemii is a civ" based on the first 2 alone? Because that draws me to the opposite conclusion.
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention]
With Indiglo's vote no longer counting, do you want to vote to save Kyle, and go over to jinrou? Or are you sticking with colonialbob?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”