Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (END)

Moderator: Community Team

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 1)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:06 pm Sabie, I see you. Give us your brain thoughts!
Day 1 review:

Up to this point LC and Sprityo both discuss the Sabie case but don’t interact with sabie which is mildly suspicious but it’s not like there was much interacting to be done. Sloonei also discusses the case but at least links to the Sabie post. Colin on the other hand at least tries for discussion. Good look for Colin.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Spoiler: show
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:20 am Epignosis Pip-Boy 2000:

[Holodisk retrieved]

Civilian sabie:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... sf=msgonly
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:58 pm How did I not answer why I thought it was weird? Kyle is all over the place being like I'm not gonna read anything and then explaining what the rule is then accusing creature out of nowhere who had assumed they knew them from some other site. It's a strange interaction. What response are you looking for?
I think either one of them could be bad because they're both acting weird but I'm really not familiar with either of them or their play style. Mac has been uncharacteristically quiet this game.
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:06 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:01 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:58 pm I think either one of them could be bad
We're both town
See that's a weird thing to say unless you're townie teammates or something how would you know you're both town? Unless you're both bad and kyle is distancing from you.
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:24 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:18 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 pm I hope sabie12 doesn't genuinely think I claimed info that Kyle is town.
I don't think she is. But her facepalm-inducing reaction came off as someone trying to make a whole lot out of nothing. Same with Sokoth tbh.
No I just thought it was a weird way of saying things. Saying we're both town. Idk maybe that's what people say to say I have a town read on someone while also defending yourself and I've just never seen that before.

I'm willing to vote creature or indiglo.
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:45 pm I'm willing to vote creature because I find him to be sketchy with his playstyle and fluffy opening posts. The weird wording of things and claiming to know kyle. Just thought the whole interaction was weird. I explained why I thought it was weird but apparently that wasnt good enough.
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:52 pm
juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:58 pm How did I not answer why I thought it was weird? Kyle is all over the place being like I'm not gonna read anything and then explaining what the rule is then accusing creature out of nowhere who had assumed they knew them from some other site. It's a strange interaction. What response are you looking for?
I think either one of them could be bad because they're both acting weird but I'm really not familiar with either of them or their play style. Mac has been uncharacteristically quiet this game.
sabie, you say you think either of them could be bad because they are both acting strange but then go on to say you're not familiar with either of them or their play style. I just don't understand that at all. Strange as compared to what? Also, I would think you would know by now but maybe you've missed it, Mac is from the other side of the world and is asleep during the day when we are all posting. He's always quiet during the day, it's not uncharacteristic.

linki

I wasn't accusing mac just saying he usually posts more in general that's all. I know hes in a different time zone.

I just meant I thought the interaction and wording of things was weird but I dont know if they're always like that. Like it seems weird to me but maybe that's just how they usually talk. Like how they don't know how I usually play and that I have a hard time coming up with a lot of reads initially.
Every time I try to I am judged very harshly saying I dont have good enough reasons or explanations when its day 1 and theres not a lot to go on.
sabie12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:04 pm Those of you that know me know how disheartening this is for me for this to happen to me again. I try so hard to participate and throw out ideas and get better and people just shut me down.
[Holodisk retrieved]

Mafia sabie:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... sf=msgonly
sabie12 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:21 am I can see both sides of the argument on gth reads. I always end up not being around when they happen so I always miss it. This early I kinda struggle to have any good reads on anyone so it's hard to decide that quickly. At the same time I also get slooneis point that it gets a conversation going and moves things in a direction. From what I've seen slooneis usual goal is to try to post a lot and get people talking in the beginning of the game.
sabie12 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:34 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:21 am I can see both sides of the argument on gth reads. I always end up not being around when they happen so I always miss it. This early I kinda struggle to have any good reads on anyone so it's hard to decide that quickly. At the same time I also get slooneis point that it gets a conversation going and moves things in a direction. From what I've seen slooneis usual goal is to try to post a lot and get people talking in the beginning of the game.
Hey sabie. Let's start with the players you know best: what do you think of Epi, nutella, juliets, and me so far?
Well you are doing what you normally do in making long posts getting people talking asking questions etc which has a lot of times been town sloon. I feel like you and nutella have had a back and forth thing in some games before. She's usually kinda back and forth on things so I find her hard to read. Juliets is always so nice so shes hard to read too. Epi appears to be his usual self at the moment.
You left out some other people I usually play with. jack who I feel like is doing his usual town jack stuff at the moment where he posts a lot of random stuff. That time he was bad he was way more calm and reserved it seemed.
I always tend to think mac and speed are bad which is probably unfair of me.
The newer people I think are just kinda trying to work out how we play on this site.
Still dont feel like I have solid reads for sure about people but I'm trying to keep up with everything. This day 0 has been crazy.
sabie12 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:57 am Hey I was busy dying a horrible death in better off Ted mafia so now that that's over I'm back over here.
From the people who currently have votes wilgy is iffy because I remember leading an accidental mislynch on him on another game for acting how he is now. Drogomir idk them I'll have to read a bit more from them. Sloonei seems like normal town sloonei as of right now
Nutella is always kinda back and forth and I've seen her and sloonei go back and forth before like that but I dont think they were teammates.
Lux I can see where the suspicion came from there. The wording of their posts and that comment about the mafia teams was a little suspect.
Juliets I would have to read again as I don't recall what she's even said so far.
And now as I was typing sloonei changed the vote to ultra. Is that due to all that mechanics talk ik the beginning trying to get the cop role to out themselves?
sabie12 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:23 pm Out of the people currently with votes I think my suspicions are more towards lux.
Nutella is iffy and difficult to read because she is often pretty wishy washy as people said but I think right now I feel worse about lux.
I dont think cooler has really said much of anything and ultra idk I just figured they're new and trying to figure out how we do things.
I will take a look at some of the other people mentioned as well and reread lux iso.

Also I think I saw juliets you have been having a hard time I do hope you're okay!
I've had some stuff come up irl as well that has held me back from participating as much as I'd like to. My uncle unfortunately passed last week so I've had some family stuff going on.
Analysis: Mafia sabie is wordier in contrast to civilian sabie. Civilian sabie expresses firmer Day 1 opinions than Mafia sabie. Mafia sabie indulges in hedging language more frequently than civilian sabie.

Sample size: Small

Conclusion: 67% Fallout sabie is mafia sabie.

[End of Report]
@Epignosis In the second example you quoted above, Sabie made reference to JackofHearts. Can you please confirm his alignment in that game for me?
This post has been discussed a bit. It’s easy to see it as Glorf doing his research and trying to find well evaluated positions but I read it as scum trying to score cheap points for doing so. I feel like it’s a semi-random example from the list and it’s easy enough for Glorf to find the info he’s looking for by clicking on the arrow next to the post. Also very indirect contact with the case.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:44 pm Civilian.
Mafia Sabie says in the post that Epi quoted above that she has a lot of experience with JackofHearts and that in that game she thought that he was Town on the basis that he was posting “lots of random stuff” and that when he’s Mafia, he is more “calm and reserved”. I find it interesting that she is making the same reference this game but framing* JackofHearts in the context of the paucity of his posts this game.

*I’ve not used this word in a way that suggests any deliberate attempt to mislead.

sabie12: I’m sorry, I understand your position and I’d hate to mislynch you but please understand that there is no malice at all in my vote on you, I’m simply applying my best judgement to what I’ve read here. I’m open to being convinced otherwise and I would certainly be interested at this stage to hear more from you in respect of your suspicions of JackofHearts.
Here’s the follow up on the Glorf post which suggests intent with the original. I didn’t remember this when i read the first post. I’ll call it a wash between the two. Also Glorf was the one who put a vote on Sabie and then moved it off by EOD.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Creature wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:23 pm Wow sabie is such a wise lynch
Creature takes this route. I’m not doing this analysis again but it’s important to note that Creature throwing a temper tantrum disagreeing with the play style of the town ends up probably saving Sabie on day 1 and probably killing her on day 2. I’ll call both in conjugation a wash. Worth noting that Creature was the other one in lynch contention on day 2 (not that anyone needed to be reminded).
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Creature wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:41 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 am As of right now I don't know for sure. I have such a hard time making reads day 1. The exchange between creature and epi was interesting but I thought that about creature and another player before and everyone was like oh that's not weird and they weren't bad so I don't know. Could they be teammates? Maybe but I feel like they wouldn't be that obvious about it.
Ugh, not sure I like this.
Relevant post read as you will
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (NIGHT 1)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 pm I'm sorry BWT RIP! I agree this lynch was difficult because I felt I had some town reads but I was unsure about some of the less active players. I felt like it was out of character of Jack and spirityo to not be as involved as they usually are hopefully they'll come in and participate more. I'm still iffy on them. I think the shorter than usual day phase may have also caught some people off guard.
And to answer epis question mac has definitely been wrong about me before.
The constant pairing of Jack and sprityo is ~~interesting~~. Instinct says it’s 1 of each. Sloonei talks about this with his analysis of the first main Sabie post and suggests it’s more likely Jack IIRC. I’m not so sure but I’ll review. There being two mafia trains first day with a mafia member missing EOD or not knowing they were mafia yet could explain the nightmare that was day 1.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:19 am Okay time to analyze EOD. This looks like it's going to be a nightmare.

Early thoughts before reread: I'm not sure what sloonei is doing but I'm still leaning town there. Sloonei put the 2nd/3rd? vote down on BWT which means that it could have been a jump to save a mafia teammate but it had been placed earlier than almost any of the other EOD votes (Mac on sabie being the first placed) which means that it was a stable choice and not, as it has been portrayed, an odd last second decision.

Sabie is scum or I can't read Sabie but given no meta knowledge seems scummy to me.
Weird that she didn't self pres vote but considering none of them did I'm gonna chalk it up to errors around the board.

Creature is either w/w with sabieor is being a knowingly stubborn town member. I'll take whatever participation I'm given though and I'm not going to lynch a top poster with no evidence on principle in the early game.

Not sure where JOH is. Buddy?

Epi and Mac are town.

Everything else I'll catch on review.
This was my night one analysis of how the day went down.
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (NIGHT 2)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Not quoting anything for first half of day two and I’ll leave EOD to more specific review when I’m a little more awake, but I’ll note that LC townreads Sabie in a few posts with a fair amount of explanation. Good look because it was looking like a sabie lynch was in the cards for most of the day and maf would want to distance to some extent. More telling would be people putting Sabie on middle places on rainbow lists and then not talking about the case for most of the day. That’s also half of everyone left. There aren’t any that really throw me off in that bunch.

Overall I’d say it’s the worst look for sprityo and Creature with a meh look for LC and Glorf and a good look for Colin and Mac with a nearly null look (surprisingly) on Sloonei.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Also a very good look on Epi (who doesn’t need that because he’s dead) which might shed light on why mafia would want to make that kill.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Glorfindel »

sabie12 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:25 pm ]
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:26 pm I don’t know that this is appropriate but I’m very disappointed in Sabie for this performance :(
my performance was terrible because my life is currently terrible. I was at work from 8 am to 9 PM today so I literally had no way of being here to participate last night I was at urgent care forever. I just can't do this so that's why I sucked if you must know
@s[mention]sabie12[/mention] I’m very sorry to hear that, my friend (and sorry for my remark - it was stupid and insensitive). I sincerely hope things get better soon and you can come back and play with us here again soon :hugs:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Creature »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:23 pm Well it's close to end of day so I think my biggest suspicion is on Jack. I think he is not acting his typical civ self and he hasnt been contributing the way he normally does and getting the discussion going. Hes usually really aggressive in finding baddies and I'm just not seeing it this time around.

[VOTE: jack] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sabie also kept bringing sprityo.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:56 pm I was there at lynch's end, and I almost voted Creature to break the tie. Then I saw sprityo switch to sabie last-second, and saw it was a) unnecessary and b) ineffectual.
I was the one who broke the tie.
Oops. My bad. Ok. You're Civ, sir. Sorry.
No way. I encourage us all to fuck Sloonei up tomorrow, if ge wasn’t the other scum he’s the recruit.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’m 100% serious btw. He tried saving sabie and nestled her neatly into some green color but when it came down to it he performed the bus
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 am I’m 100% serious btw. He tried saving sabie and nestled her neatly into some green color but when it came down to it he performed the bus
Colin, seriously, do you REALLY believe that Sloonei could be THAT unsophisticated in his play here? Because I sure as hell don’t!

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Is it unsophisticated if everybody else is townreading him for it? :ponder:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Wild Wasteland tinfoil mode engaged. You are invited to come along
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 am Wild Wasteland tinfoil mode engaged. You are invited to come along
I’m not saying that your theory is beyond the realm of possibility but that’s one train I think I’ll refrain from jumping aboard for now, Colin. Realistically, it’s rather likely it will be a decision that will be taken out of my hands before very long.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:30 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:26 pm I chose to vote for the player I had the strongest suspicion against.
So you criticize me for not having strong suspicions on Day 1, but then base your own not having strong suspicions on Day 1 as the reason for voting for someone for not having strong suspicions on Day 1?

Wt actual f?
That is not what I criticized the player called birdwithteeth for. I suspected the player called birdwithteeth for making posts that felt light and non-combative. I was wrong about this.

And even if I did suspect you for having no strong suspects while not having any myself:
And yet a baddie can't fake hypocrisy?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:08 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:02 pm Linki: Either that you were trying to come off as indecisive as a cover for Day 1, or that you were throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck.
Which is more likely?
For now I would say the second one. But I think there is a fine line between the two.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 2)

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:15 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:01 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:43 pm This became boring too soon.
Day 1 creature: I don’t like this too boring
Day 2 creature: I don’t like this it got boring
The night 1 kill reads to me as a very active candidate that the mafia team is trying to eliminate. So the stifling worthwhile discussion route might be in play here?
Interesting idea. Can you elaborate?
I mean, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a mafia team try to quash discussion as much as possible by killing off the people who are talking/contributing the most. It lets them lead the civvies like lemmings if the civ team isn't super active/engaged through the whole game to an easy baddie victory.

But it was just a hunch and I would need more evidence than just one nightkill to confirm this idea.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

sprityo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:39 pm Yes, but I think jack is a smart guy who would totally pull something like that

There’s only a couple metas of people I recognize

Like jay and glorf are always town

And mac is a headstrong towny
Maybe I'm just old-school, but I almost never like relying on metas. I've seen too many people have theirs change and evolve over time that I don't think it's a good baddie-hunting strategy for the town.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

sprityo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:43 pm @TonyStarkPrime @birdwithteeth11 do you guys plan on breaking a tie?
I very clearly stated that if I did not fully catch up, that I was not voting. I don't think it's fair for me to make a potentially deciding vote when I don't have as much information as I can beforehand.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 pm @birdwithteeth11 what are the pros and cons of lynching each of Creature and Colin?
I'm not necessarily in favor of lynching Creature yet. I'm still not sure if he's superbaddie yet or just playing a bad townie game so far. Might just come from the fact that right now I feel almost the exact opposite as him on several large aspects of this game so far.

Colin on the other hand has been very noncommittal (i.e. wanting to vote for the nonparticipants early on) and then blaming others who voted for them for their deaths instead of taking responsibility for his own voting decisions. He is a strong candidate to get my vote on Day 3.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm Also, because I do love it: I appreciate that people think I'd do that to Epi (with the :feb: just before he died thing), and I have to agree that the idea of doing it appeals to me greatly, BUT I did not do that this time.

I've been waiting for someone to come forward with the idea that, in my last game, I kept Epi around until the very end before winning as mafia... so killing him early would be an obvious intentional skew of the freshly established meta-data. Right? LOL, but again, it wasn't me. I was hoping that someone was going to come forward with it so I could accuse them of orchestrating the whole thing, but no one did.
And THIS is why using meta-data is such a terrible/lame idea when trying to suss out baddies. :nicenod:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Creature wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:43 pm Epi probably didn't want Sloonei lynched, so I'll take his word

[VOTE: Colin] aubergine
I take back what I said about you being the exact opposite of me this game lol.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:00 pm fuck it. moved to sabie just to solidify things. i'm sorry sabie.
This is very :eye: -worthy in hindsight now.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:19 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:18 pm Well I knew that was gonna happen.
?
Self-deprecating sarcasm.
And what would your reaction be if I said I didn't believe you?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 pm @birdwithteeth11 what are the pros and cons of lynching each of Creature and Colin?
I'm not necessarily in favor of lynching Creature yet. I'm still not sure if he's superbaddie yet or just playing a bad townie game so far. Might just come from the fact that right now I feel almost the exact opposite as him on several large aspects of this game so far.

Colin on the other hand has been very noncommittal (i.e. wanting to vote for the nonparticipants early on) and then blaming others who voted for them for their deaths instead of taking responsibility for his own voting decisions. He is a strong candidate to get my vote on Day 3.
In all possible politeness: what the fuck are you talking about? Who am I blaming, for which death?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

If this is what you’re referring to
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:10 pm I knew it was ending, but also, Creature's activity of late had no effect on my vote. I saw Sloonei and Epi were voting for sprit and I trust them so far so I voted there.
I can’t figure out where the “blaming” portion is. This is in fact the opposite of blame — “trust” in the (then-present) tense meaning I don’t fault them for it. This is me owning up to my reasoning.

The day my most innocuous actions and posts stop getting completely misrepresented and misunderstood on here is the day I will die. The problem must be me because it happens in literally every game but I’ve never had to explain so much anywhere else.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Time for everyone’s favorite game where I get mislynched again

Should I roll over and die. Save my breath-

Or rebuke these false pretense messages that the above people say means something?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I’ll probably just roll over and die, sounds way easier :mafia:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Sloonei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:19 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:18 pm Well I knew that was gonna happen.
?
Self-deprecating sarcasm.
And what would your reaction be if I said I didn't believe you?
I did a kind of incredulous shrug with an agitated headshake, if you must know.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:29 pm Time for everyone’s favorite game where I get mislynched again

Or rebuke these false pretense messages that the above people say means something?
I don’t want to lynch you and I’m the only voice that matters.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 pm what are the pros and cons of lynching each of Creature and Colin?

Does sabie’s flip change any of this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:42 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:29 pm Time for everyone’s favorite game where I get mislynched again

I don’t want to lynch you and I’m the only voice that matters.
Okay Jay, calm down :haha:

I’m probably just gonna wait until tomorrow to catch up. Makes things easier for me

i also have a 14 hour flight to catch on Friday so I’ll be not here at all for a whole phase probably
Banners:
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:53 am If this is what you’re referring to
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:10 pm I knew it was ending, but also, Creature's activity of late had no effect on my vote. I saw Sloonei and Epi were voting for sprit and I trust them so far so I voted there.
I can’t figure out where the “blaming” portion is. This is in fact the opposite of blame — “trust” in the (then-present) tense meaning I don’t fault them for it. This is me owning up to my reasoning.

The day my most innocuous actions and posts stop getting completely misrepresented and misunderstood on here is the day I will die. The problem must be me because it happens in literally every game but I’ve never had to explain so much anywhere else.
Nice try. But that still doesn't explain why you felt voting for a non-participant on Day 1 was so vital. It is much better to save those people until Day 2 or 3 to see if the host either finds a replacement or modkills them. It also steers discussion away from other players who are more active. Which is what I think you were trying to do.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 pm what are the pros and cons of lynching each of Creature and Colin?

Does sabie’s flip change any of this?
Not really. I figured most of her lynch was another lazy civ wagon for the most part. I'm still iffy on Creature and starting to think I'm cornering a baddie with Colin's most recent reaction/reply. I just don't get why he can't explain why voting for someone who wasn't active on Day 1 was the best possible target.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:43 pm Does sabie’s flip change any of this?
Not really. I figured most of her lynch was another lazy civ wagon for the most part.
I'm having trouble making sense of these two sentences together. Your impression of the sabie lynch was that town was just being lazy (seeming to imply you read sabie as town), but the fact that sabie flipped bad does nothing to change your outlook on the game? At least as it pertains to the two players in question?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:53 am If this is what you’re referring to

Nice try. But that still doesn't explain why you felt voting for a non-participant on Day 1 was so vital. It is much better to save those people until Day 2 or 3 to see if the host either finds a replacement or modkills them. It also steers discussion away from other players who are more active. Which is what I think you were trying to do.
If it was so “vital” in my view to vote for a no-show ... then why didn’t I?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How you came to be what you are is unclear to nearly everyone else, but it matters little. You wield immense influence over the wastes, including over thousands of people who do not know you exist. You are as brilliant as you are terrifying, and if you get your way the world will soon be a very different place... and so much more pure.

If you deliver the night kill, you will not be affected by role blocks or protections. You may not kill during consecutive night phases.

Separately, during each night phase you may expose a player to intense radiation. He or she will become sick, and all of their efforts will be hampered accordingly (but not prevented outright; voting, night actions, item usage, purchases, and gambling) for the following two phases. He or she will be made aware of radiation sickness, but prohibited from revealing it.

*secrets...*
This is the role that the Mutants still have, plus a recruited vanilla goon (if I'm interpreting Lou's role correctly). Every other night they've got an unblockable kill. It's possible they used that ability on Epi Night 1. It's possible they did not.

Radiation poisoning seems like a nuisance, but it doesn't look like it is fatal here.

*secrets...* could be absolutely anything.

This is a powerful role.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Creature wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:16 am
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:23 pm Well it's close to end of day so I think my biggest suspicion is on Jack. I think he is not acting his typical civ self and he hasnt been contributing the way he normally does and getting the discussion going. Hes usually really aggressive in finding baddies and I'm just not seeing it this time around.

[VOTE: jack] aubergine
Yea spew.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:09 pm
How you came to be what you are is unclear to nearly everyone else, but it matters little. You wield immense influence over the wastes, including over thousands of people who do not know you exist. You are as brilliant as you are terrifying, and if you get your way the world will soon be a very different place... and so much more pure.

If you deliver the night kill, you will not be affected by role blocks or protections. You may not kill during consecutive night phases.

Separately, during each night phase you may expose a player to intense radiation. He or she will become sick, and all of their efforts will be hampered accordingly (but not prevented outright; voting, night actions, item usage, purchases, and gambling) for the following two phases. He or she will be made aware of radiation sickness, but prohibited from revealing it.

*secrets...*
This is the role that the Mutants still have, plus a recruited vanilla goon (if I'm interpreting Lou's role correctly). Every other night they've got an unblockable kill. It's possible they used that ability on Epi Night 1. It's possible they did not.

Radiation poisoning seems like a nuisance, but it doesn't look like it is fatal here.

*secrets...* could be absolutely anything.

This is a powerful role.
Very bold of you to approximate a roleclaim in the thread Sloonei but I admire your guff.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:59 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:56 pm I was there at lynch's end, and I almost voted Creature to break the tie. Then I saw sprityo switch to sabie last-second, and saw it was a) unnecessary and b) ineffectual.
I was the one who broke the tie.
Oops. My bad. Ok. You're Civ, sir. Sorry.
No way. I encourage us all to fuck Sloonei up tomorrow, if ge wasn’t the other scum he’s the recruit.
Yeah. No offense to everyone else but the list of super dangerous scum itg is Epi, Mac, LC, Jack, Sloonei. Everyone but Sloonei is real clear town.

In a game where the whole mafia is recruited, you can recruit players that aren’t as prolific but there’s nothing from stopping say Sabie from randing mafia and Sabie has a history of being lynched so you don’t use a recruit on her. You use a recruit on a high profile player if you only get 1 and it has to happen before D1.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I'm bored
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lynching Sloonei would be a categorically Bad Move.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Creature wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:23 pmI'm bored
Wanna go help us figure out who sabie's teammate(s) are?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:25 pm
Original or recruited? Which would be the most interesting?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Creature wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:25 pm
Original or recruited? Which would be the most interesting?
Either/or.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Also lmao still thinking I could be sabie's buddy

I generally avoid bussing and I could easily have just stayed on Colin.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”