U.A.E.(host/non)
57%

Total votes: 7
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Re: Phenon: Origins REDUX

Post by Marge Simpson »

basic word of warning to everyone: in a game that moves this slow, it is extremely easy for any mafia member to take command of the hunting effort. they don't have to do anything at all to be ahead of the curve when "the curve" is in the dumpster. as such, i am unwilling to award any player civilian credit for generic hunting efforts. nobody on this roster deserves that.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

with that in mind, my reads are going to be confined to the emotional arena. i don't care about objective factors. voting is meaningless without flips. it's really very simple:

do i believe you or do i not believe you? let's find out.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

[mention]sprityo[/mention], if you want to put these in the OP somewhere that'd be appreciated

Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
Delta
Echo
Foxtrot
Hotel
India
Juliet
Kilo

Dead:
Golf
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Alpha

Do I believe you?

Alpha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:30 pmAAAA
Alpha wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:18 am
sprityo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:06 am at least no one is trying to spell bad words yet
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Alpha wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:41 pm
India wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:57 pm So I need to unlock a new space in my brain to keep track of what is essentially a whole new group of players with new names and new avatars?

Ok.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
wacko. i don't object to these
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:23 am AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[VOTE: echo] aubergine
dunno why echo was the vote
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 am
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:28 am
India wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:57 pm So I need to unlock a new space in my brain to keep track of what is essentially a whole new group of players with new names and new avatars?

Ok.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Alpha, are you suspecting India (reply AA) for this, or agreeing (reply AAA), or what?
AAAgreeing
k
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:22 pm
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:08 pm
Charlie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:11 pm i don’t care what you all do with me. i have no time for mafia right now. just lynch echo at some point because that vote was textbook opportunism
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:06 am Yeah it was pretty lazy. I just phone in sock games and got a similar impression of you as the other person did. Sorry I didn't dress it up.

But your reaction is civ so ill look elsewhere i guess.
1. Charlie's reaction to getting votes does not look particularly civ
2. Echo saying Charlie's reaction looks civ does not look civ
Is this teammates? :confused2:
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:24 pm
Hotel wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:50 pm
Charlie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm none of juliet’s posts look genuine. everyone go look and tell me what you think

might lynch them instead
The guest called Juliet’s exchange with the guest called Alpha caught security’s attention.
Whiplash?
Alpha wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:18 am
Delta wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 am Picking a random inactive is one thing. But there was a strong attempt to coordinate movement to me, which looks to me like a save attempt. It wasn’t just like, well there is no one better so why not an inactive? It was an attempt to get me lynched instead. Shady shit imo.
Saving who?
nudging people in alpha's own wacko way to expand on their assertions. i think it looks okay. cool. AAAAAAAAAAAA.
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 pm [VOTE: Golf] aubergine

I'd not echo echo, but he is very right. The number of times I see mafia say "You are now my town read" is huge. Same for "Not sure if awkward roleplay or scum."

hmm
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:09 pm Golf post many post, but that is that he has. Nothing else.
vague assertion there in the first post, though on some level i agree with it. fine.

---

i believe you, Alpha
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:01 pm Sprityo, if you want to put these in the OP somewhere that'd be appreciated

Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
Delta
Echo
Foxtrot
Hotel
India
Juliet
Kilo

Dead:
Golf
Thank you
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

;) added, thanks charlie
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Bravo

Do I believe you?
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 pm [VOTE: Juliet] aubergine
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:09 pm
Charlie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm none of juliet’s posts look genuine. everyone go look and tell me what you think

might lynch them instead
Bravo!!!
Bravo's vote is meaningless until he inserts meaning by way of my own comments. lame
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:43 pm
Golf wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:17 pm

might lynch them instead
Bravo!!!
I think this is particularly telling in it’s own right even with the roleplay attached.

Either something from juliet pings him or he’s just sheeping a vote.
Which is it?
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:43 pm [VOTE: Golf] aubergine
the vote stuck on here doesn't look especially authentic to me. the question "which is it?" on its own serves to create pressure; the vote looks like an overreach when trying to look the part. it also renders the previous juliets vote even more irrelevant than it was before
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 pm
Kilo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:57 pm [VOTE: Bravo] aubergine
Not bravo.
weak
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:51 pm So Golf is now in a position where if they self preservation vote, the day becomes Golf vs. Echo.

After re-analysing the thread, while I suspect Golf, there are several others that have contributed less. I have particular concerns about India, Delta and Foxtrot. They have offered nothing.

We cannot win this game if they are civilians and are continue putting forth this effort. If we lynch Golf (or Echo) and they flip civilian, there is a strong chance that we will lose this game. As strange as it sounds, in a low effort game it is imperative that we don't lynch players who are civilian and putting forth efforts. Therefore I would prefer we lynch one from the aforementioned pile as opposed to Golf. We can solve Golf, as Golf has at least made a commitment to playing the game.

India and Foxtrot has zero votes. Delta has a vote from Hotel. So I will switch to Delta.
Solve Golf now. Is Golf a civilian or a baddie?
nice little imperative command here, but in itself still void of authenticity. bravo did jack shit to solve anybody before this.
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:15 pm
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:12 pm How is that relevant? Voting Delta isn't going to help your concerns of Golf having an avenue to tie the lynch.
If the lynch ends 2 v 2 v 2 then I have a less chance of being mislynched.
That is assuming Golf doesn't show up. Why are you assuming he's not going to show up if the votes stay the them? While at the same, dreading that he'll show up if you put it 3 v 2 v 1, which would guarantee you not being mislynched.
i absolutely hate this post. "why are you assuming he's not going to show up?" is a ridiculous, pointless question which only serves to create shade. no thanks.
Bravo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:55 am One down already. Good job!
i don't tend to deal in slips. they're silly. so i don't care about this. it is worth nothing to me. i award no points.

---

i don't believe you, Bravo
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Delta

Do I believe you?
Delta wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:27 am Interesting that I am far from the only low or inactive yet somehow there seemed to be a push for me because of my absence. Think that shit needs looked over.
delta did nothing until the final third of day 1 with this thing. i am not thrilled by it. if there had been a push for some other inactive, would the same logic not hold? why should delta be viewed differently within the inactive pile if the collective decision is that one of them should be lynched?

bad logic doesn't equal bad alignment, but this should be spoken to.
Delta wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:11 am The flips do not tell us who flipped. So how does Bravo know Golf was bad?
straight to literal interpretation and "slip" junk. meh. there is at least one other obvious interpretation of bravo's post. i will not reveal it before bravo does him/herself though.
Delta wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 am I’m not saying I did something worth not getting lynched, my point was that I was int he same position as at least two or three other people but somehow there was a frantic push for me? Why? I have the luxury of knowing I am civ, so it looks hella suspicious to me.
so based on this you'd better be suspicious of at least one other inactive player, yes? otherwise this makes no sense

reads list

the effort is appreciated, but as i said -- worth no civilian credit to me. is it believable though? i think so. the reads are concrete [enough]; delta isn't meandering around reads and waffling. the stances are clear, and for the most part i am in the same camp at this point before having reviewed everyone. super.

---

while i question delta's logic, i am less inclined to question delta's authenticity. the latter is what matters. i believe Delta.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Echo

Do I believe you?
Echo wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:45 pm I agree. Chandler Bing is bad.
didn't buy this when it happened
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:06 am Yeah it was pretty lazy. I just phone in sock games and got a similar impression of you as the other person did. Sorry I didn't dress it up.

weirdly, this is the one other people seemed to hate. i don't think it's so heinous. people literally do phone in sock games. that's just the truth. look at where we are right now. Echo was willing to look elsewhere and adapt based upon my actions -- what else is a civilian supposed to do here? double down on me and take it to the deadline? i think mass interpretations may be backwards on this one
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:07 am I'm gonna vote for golf
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:57 pm So Golf is obviously Mafia.

Looks like Charlie's little outburst of frustration at my lame duck vote might get me lynched today. That's fine. Golf is Mafia though. The progression from observing and making a joke about my vote on them, commenting on a few random events and then voting for me with no explanation is pretty funny. That they then voted for Charlie after that is even more funny tbh because Charlie is obviously a civ.
confidence not shared, but okay. there are too "obviously" incidents here that i struggle to understand (golf as mafia and me as civ). it's brazen though in such a manner that it's atypical for a mafioso in a game otherwise floundering for meaningful stances. i don't care about wifom. i'm going to take echo's side here.
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:58 pm
Golf wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:38 pm
Kilo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:33 pm
Golf wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:28 pm
Kilo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:52 pm

might lynch them instead
While I don't agree with Juliet's point, I can see a civ believing that. My excuse could be interpreted as an attempt of unecessarily pleasing people.

That said, it also seems like a great case for a mafioso to opportunistically attack what may look like a civ waffling or talking too much.

Not sure if I want to vote here yet.
You talk more about potential mafioso than potential civ here. So which way are you leaning towards?
Civ.
Alright you can be my hard town read today
Like, this doesn't even make sense. It's just swiss cheese commentary. A standard mafia play. Say things without basis for the sake of it.
agreeable
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 pm There are currently votes on all but four people and yet no greater than two votes. I am one of those with two votes. This is not an optimal setup for a successful lynch. We need to consolidate. As I said, Golf is my preferred lynch today. I don't see any reason for votes on Kilo and I don't think Golf's vote on Charlie is a good one. As it stands Golf is positioned to lynch me out of self preservation which is again, significantly non optimal as they won't even have to be held to account for it.

Civilians, do something about this.
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:42 pm Given that I doubt there's going to be much effort, and that Golf can self pres me to lynch me outright so will unlikely just go into a tie with me, and Foxtrot has no votes, I am forced to bring someone else into a tie with me.

It won't be Charlie or Kilo. I have to look at the other options here.
echo wanted self-preservation, but only on select players -- they were picky under pressure. i like it.
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:51 pm So Golf is now in a position where if they self preservation vote, the day becomes Golf vs. Echo.

After re-analysing the thread, while I suspect Golf, there are several others that have contributed less. I have particular concerns about India, Delta and Foxtrot. They have offered nothing.

We cannot win this game if they are civilians and are continue putting forth this effort. If we lynch Golf (or Echo) and they flip civilian, there is a strong chance that we will lose this game. As strange as it sounds, in a low effort game it is imperative that we don't lynch players who are civilian and putting forth efforts. Therefore I would prefer we lynch one from the aforementioned pile as opposed to Golf. We can solve Golf, as Golf has at least made a commitment to playing the game.

India and Foxtrot has zero votes. Delta has a vote from Hotel. So I will switch to Delta.
very believable. golf is echo's best hope for preservation, one of their top suspects, and then out comes this post voicing the overarching big-picture concern with such a motion. i relate closely with this mindset (more in past games than in this one where i've generally been unavailable).

---

i believe Echo. do not lynch.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Foxtrot

Do I believe you?

bullshit post. bullshit vote.

---

the only good thing to say about Foxtrot from where i sit is that in a game moving this slowly, there is no reason to expect the mafia members to be lurking. indeed they're more likely to be ahead of the effort curve. the only content post sucks though, so i'm not giving credit for nothing. i don't believe you, Foxtrot.

say something more if you're good and prevent a dumb lynch. you're the mafia's best friend right now if you're not one of them. they'll literally make you their winning play.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Hotel

Do I believe you?
Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:13 pm Notes from the front desk, on the morning of June 23rd.

- The guests from rooms 18C and 11K were seen arguing over a single bowl of porridge in the breakfast room. They were the only occupants in the room at the time. Porridge was fully stocked.
- The guest from room 15G has not returned from yesterday’s golf trip. He has evidently played through the night.
-Housekeeping notes that more than half of occupied rooms have had “Do Not Disturb” signs hung on the doors for at least two days with no signs of life.

Management insists that these should be peak weeks, but it is generous to say that business has been sluggish. At best, the Inn is dormant.
let's review this carefully, because it is just begging for people to adopt token bad takes:

roleplay is not evil. if you tell me that it is evil, i will lynch you. it isn't even a matter of principle, it's a matter of wrong. nearly every time someone pulls that shit accusation, it goes south. no. does that mean roleplay is good? not necessarily. one must assess the content of the roleplay, not that it is roleplay.

is hotel doing work? not in this post.

"18C and 11K were arguing" -- this is nothing. it is an observation of game activity with no associated read. the read is what matters. i don't need a review of what happened; i can read.
"15G has not returned" -- again, an observation without a read. i don't need this.
"half the occupied rooms have DND signs" -- same problem

bad start.
Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:16 pm Addendum: 15G arrived in the breakfast room late to defuse the porridge situation.
Hotel wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 pm Housekeeping reports that the guest who checked in under the name “Delta” has since barricaded himself in his room and has not been seen or heard since check-in. Security has been contacted.
not helping.

might lynch them instead
The guest called Juliet’s exchange with the guest called Alpha caught security’s attention.
this leans in the direction of being a read, but i still don't know what the read is. Juliet's exchange with Alpha is apparently meaningful to Hotel. in what way? no idea. i hate having no idea. fix it.
Hotel wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm
Golf wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:34 pm

might lynch them instead
Why is that? What about it got security to take notice?
Security was cautious about Juliet because the exchange with Alpha had the potential to escalate into one guest taking advantage of the vulnerability of another. It does not appear that anything came of it one way or the other.
credit to dead Golf for pressing this post into existence, and it seems Hotel meant to be negative in assessing Juliet. sort of. "does not appear that anything came of it" renders the read neutralized. you're killing me here at the front desk.
Hotel wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:22 pm
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm Do you see anything suspicious in Delta's post? Or is it default?
Foxtrot and India ping me more than Delta. They have zero votes on them.
I would not mind evicting Foxtrot from the inn. Their vote left a very repugnant stink in the lobby which still has not gone away.
clearest stance of the day is against Mr. 2 posts. weak

---

i don't believe you, hotel
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

India

Do I believe you?

there's nothing to talk about. the same logic applies as with Foxtrot: i don't expect 2-post lurkers on this mafia team right now. otherwise i can't award points. gun to my head, i believe you India.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Juliet

Do I believe you?
Juliet wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:53 pm
Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:46 am
Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:26 am could this game BE any slower
I imagine some players have't logged into their sockpuppet accounts yet. Since the host wanted at least half.

We have Echo, Foxtrot and Juliet still yet to post.

Echo and Foxtrot might be people who signed up weeks ago and haven't logged in since, I'd wager.
Hey-ooo I'm here.
first post. felt the urge to respond to a prod while reading back instead of just popping in for a "hi". don't care for it.
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:23 am
Kilo wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:37 pm
Golf wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:31 pm
Kilo wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:22 am
Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:29 pm
Golf wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:00 pm
You gotta line up your shot, check wind condition to figure out where your ball is gonna go, determine the distance between your ball and the hole, how much power you need to get it there and then

Only then

Can you smash that shit in
too many words for the joke

relevant, but barely so. looks fake
I don't believe you actually believe this.

[VOTE: Charlie] aubergine
What gives you that impression
Since when there is a limit for how many words a joke can have
Day one of a slow mafia game does weird things to a person's brain...
does nothing to dissuade kilo's suspicion of me, and does nothing to encourage it. meh.
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:25 am
Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:13 pm Notes from the front desk, on the morning of June 23rd.

- The guests from rooms 18C and 11K were seen arguing over a single bowl of porridge in the breakfast room. They were the only occupants in the room at the time. Porridge was fully stocked.
- The guest from room 15G has not returned from yesterday’s golf trip. He has evidently played through the night.
-Housekeeping notes that more than half of occupied rooms have had “Do Not Disturb” signs hung on the doors for at least two days with no signs of life.

Management insists that these should be peak weeks, but it is generous to say that business has been sluggish. At best, the Inn is dormant.
not voting Hotel today. This role play is great.
gross. no civilian has ever said this.
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:26 am
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:23 am AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[VOTE: echo] aubergine
Alpha on the other hand, :suspish:
this post has a flashing neon sign that reads "FAKE... FAKE... FAKE... FAKE... FAKE"
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:28 am

Ok.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Alpha, are you suspecting India (reply AA) for this, or agreeing (reply AAA), or what?
pretending to care about what motived a player to say "AAAAAAAAAAAAA"; are you kidding me? no way.
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:31 am
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:30 am
Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:46 am
I imagine some players have't logged into their sockpuppet accounts yet. Since the host wanted at least half.

We have Echo, Foxtrot and Juliet still yet to post.

Echo and Foxtrot might be people who signed up weeks ago and haven't logged in since, I'd wager.
Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:50 am I'm sorry if discussing this kind of thing breaks the setting, but I'm just naturally curious about this sort of stuff. :grin:
Ick, Charlie Kilo apologizing for nothing.
forced stance. i don't believe any of this.
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 am [VOTE: Kilo] aubergine
oh, that was worth the vote? give me a freaking break.
Charlie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:11 pm i don’t care what you all do with me. i have no time for mafia right now. just lynch echo at some point because that vote was textbook opportunism

"cool, now i can support the lynches of these two people AND kilo when day ends!"
Juliet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:13 pm
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Is this teammates? :confused2:
I would be willing to bet at least one between Charlie and Echo is scum. I don't think teammates would be this obvious.
this person should have been lynched first. there is no civilian in this body.

---

i don't believe a single thing Juliet has posted in this thread. it's horrendous.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Kilo

Do I believe you?
Kilo wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:22 am
Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:29 pm
Golf wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:00 pm
You gotta line up your shot, check wind condition to figure out where your ball is gonna go, determine the distance between your ball and the hole, how much power you need to get it there and then

Only then

Can you smash that shit in
too many words for the joke

relevant, but barely so. looks fake
I don't believe you actually believe this.

[VOTE: Charlie] aubergine
i do believe that you actually believed this.
Kilo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:52 pm

might lynch them instead
While I don't agree with Juliet's point, I can see a civ believing that. My excuse could be interpreted as an attempt of unecessarily pleasing people.

That said, it also seems like a great case for a mafioso to opportunistically attack what may look like a civ waffling or talking too much.

Not sure if I want to vote here yet.
positively neutered here, but in a way that i don't think looks fake. take a stance, for god's sake!

poetry
Kilo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:57 pm I feel like lynching one of the people who are using roleplaying to make contribution to the town cause hard.

Just quoting posts and replying with a pic or "bravo" does not scumhunting make.
kilo, we need to sit down and have a talk.
Kilo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:58 pm Alpha actually dropped the roleplaying crap when he realized he wanted to talk and passed a chance to AAAAA all game.

Feels civ to me.
at least you said this. :)

---

i believe you, Kilo
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Alpha
Delta
Echo
Kilo

India

Foxtrot

Bravo
Hotel

Juliet
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i should have ordered the names within tiers. i will.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Echo
Kilo
Alpha
Delta

India

Foxtrot

Hotel
Bravo

Juliet
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i don't think Golf was likely to be a mafioso. if they were, they fit well enough with any of my four sub-green names.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

sprityo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:44 pm Mafia:
-1 Disguiser - Kills a player, assumes control of their account.*
now, this is why we're probably going to lose this game. we may be right on the money with today's reads, but someone is going to be a different person tomorrow. be mindful of this when someone "dies". the "killed" player can easily have been the former mafioso who has now occupied the body of whoever was really killed. the mafia team is already constructing strategies to handle this transition, so the civilians need to be prepared for it. keep it in mind or this game was over before it began.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Celeste »

Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:24 pm
-1 Disguiser - Kills a player, assumes control of their account.*
now, this is why we're probably going to lose this game. we may be right on the money with today's reads, but someone is going to be a different person tomorrow. be mindful of this when someone "dies". the "killed" player can easily have been the former mafioso who has now occupied the body of whoever was really killed. the mafia team is already constructing strategies to handle this transition, so the civilians need to be prepared for it. keep it in mind or this game was over before it began.
Some player easier replaced than others.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Celeste »

Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:20 pm Echo
Kilo
Alpha
Delta

India

Foxtrot

Hotel
Bravo

Juliet
I believe this list.

If low person on list dies, they were possibly mafia, now possessing higher list name.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I’ve been thinking about my read of Echo and I realized that my biggest reason for suspect him is his treatment of me and Golf in the lynch. But for that suspicion to be true then Golf needed to be bad. I have read over Golf’s post and I am pretty certain he was civ. In fact if I had been active at that point I would have possibly tried to save him because I am surprised that anyone even suspected him in the first place, that’s how civ his ISO looked to me. My fault for not being here.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Oh to clarify, I am saying that I am moving Echo to maybe a null/slight town read.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

[mention]Charlie[/mention] you're doing good work buddy, I appreciate it. I do think it's relevant to mention that I was planning to change my vote off of Kilo and onto Echo, but forgot to do it.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

[mention]Charlie[/mention] you're doing good work buddy, I appreciate it. I do think it's relevant to mention that I was planning to change my vote off of Kilo and onto Echo, but forgot to do it.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Alpha wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:52 pm
Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:20 pm Echo
Kilo
Alpha
Delta

India

Foxtrot

Hotel
Bravo

Juliet
I believe this list.

If low person on list dies, they were possibly mafia, now possessing higher list name.
yeah, because you're at the top. lol
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by dodo »

Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:18 pm Bravo

Do I believe you?

might lynch them instead
Bravo!!!
Bravo's vote is meaningless until he inserts meaning by way of my own comments. lame
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:43 pm
Golf wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:17 pm

might lynch them instead
Bravo!!!
I think this is particularly telling in it’s own right even with the roleplay attached.

Either something from juliet pings him or he’s just sheeping a vote.
Which is it?
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:43 pm [VOTE: Golf] aubergine
the vote stuck on here doesn't look especially authentic to me. the question "which is it?" on its own serves to create pressure; the vote looks like an overreach when trying to look the part. it also renders the previous juliets vote even more irrelevant than it was before
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 pm
Kilo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:57 pm [VOTE: Bravo] aubergine
Not bravo.
weak
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Solve Golf now. Is Golf a civilian or a baddie?
nice little imperative command here, but in itself still void of authenticity. bravo did jack shit to solve anybody before this.
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:15 pm
Echo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm
Bravo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:12 pm How is that relevant? Voting Delta isn't going to help your concerns of Golf having an avenue to tie the lynch.
If the lynch ends 2 v 2 v 2 then I have a less chance of being mislynched.
That is assuming Golf doesn't show up. Why are you assuming he's not going to show up if the votes stay the them? While at the same, dreading that he'll show up if you put it 3 v 2 v 1, which would guarantee you not being mislynched.
i absolutely hate this post. "why are you assuming he's not going to show up?" is a ridiculous, pointless question which only serves to create shade. no thanks.
i don't tend to deal in slips. they're silly. so i don't care about this. it is worth nothing to me. i award no points.

---

i don't believe you, Bravo
k
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by dodo »

Echo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 am One down? Where does it say that? Am I blind or are the flips not telling us who has flipped?
We only lynch baddies in Bravo Town.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Saito »

Juliet wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:25 pm Charlie you're doing good work buddy, I appreciate it. I do think it's relevant to mention that I was planning to change my vote off of Kilo and onto Echo, but forgot to do it.
This feels like pocketing.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

friendly reminder that someone may not be who they appear to be tomorrow. including me.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:07 pm friendly reminder that someone may not be who they appear to be tomorrow. including me.
:ninja:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Oh good no one did anything

Sorry about being late
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

The group find themselves in the waste room after traversing the ventilation system for what felt like ages. There’s a dim light emitting from the industrial sized furnace used to burn the trash. Luckily no one cares about pollution. India, complaining about cold feet, goes to the furnace to warm up. It’s about this time a dense smoke suddenly fills the room. Through the fire of coughing, the creak if metal on metal is heard and then a slam shut. India is gone. The furnace is roaring. Everyone is eyeing each other with suspicion.

India has died.

Day ends 10PM EST June 27th

Banners:
ImageImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Oh hey, India doesn't have to worry about unlocking all that extra space in their brain now.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Sure they do, they’re probably someone else now.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

So... I guess this makes all previous reads unrealiable?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Delta wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:31 pm Sure they do, they’re probably someone else now.
Wait, that's not how it works, is it? If mafia targeted a player to kill and assume control of their account, I don't think the kill would be announced to the thread.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

[VOTE: Juliet] aubergine

Pretty much agreed with Charlie's analysis about them, and I didn't like how they reacted to it.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:31 pm Sure they do, they’re probably someone else now.
Wait, that's not how it works, is it? If mafia targeted a player to kill and assume control of their account, I don't think the kill would be announced to the thread.
Why not? How can we even distinguish it from a normal kill?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:06 pm
Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Why not? How can we even distinguish it from a normal kill?
I assume we would see "no kill" and one of the accounts would secretly switch owners.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Anyone else still think it's weird that Bravo was on the winning lynch train and immediately thought we had lynched a baddie?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

[VOTE: Bravo] aubergine
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

-1 Disguiser - Kills a player, assumes control of their account.

[mention]Juliet[/mention]

Just to clarify since you sounded confused.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i'm still me. i am of the perspective that the disguiser kills a player, takes their account, and then the disguiser's own identity is shown as the kill instead.

[mention]sprityo[/mention], if you're able to confirm or deny that it'd be appreciated
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

sorry sprityo ignore that. just saw your rule preference. i will PM
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

it's possible the non-disguiser role killed india knowing that we'd all engage in chaos and distrust either way. also possible india lurked on purpose D1 knowing they'd be temporary in that body. will have to think it over.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

[VOTE: Juliet] aubergine for now. at least one mafioso is a consistent, unchanging identity (possibly but probably not Golf). as such i will begin with my chief suspicion.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:10 pm Anyone else still think it's weird that Bravo was on the winning lynch train and immediately thought we had lynched a baddie?
is that what they "thought"?
Bravo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 pm
Echo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 am One down? Where does it say that? Am I blind or are the flips not telling us who has flipped?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Charlie wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:44 pm it's possible the non-disguiser role killed india knowing that we'd all engage in chaos and distrust either way. also possible india lurked on purpose D1 knowing they'd be temporary in that body. will have to think it over.
It is also possible they lurked, and not on purpuse. As in, really lurked.

In that case it would make sense if a person who wasn't lurking before and is now is the mafioso.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Charlie wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:47 pm
Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:10 pm Anyone else still think it's weird that Bravo was on the winning lynch train and immediately thought we had lynched a baddie?
is that what they "thought"?
Bravo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 pm
Yeah, right after the lynch Bravo posted,

Return to “Previous Heists”