U.A.E.(host/non)
57%

Total votes: 7
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62

Re: Phenon: Origins REDUX

Post by Echo »

Historically this engagement makes Delta a civilian. I can't recall ever having a little hissy fit shit fight with a wolf, at least not near as often as it occurs with civilians.

So that being said, who do you have suspicion of [mention]Delta[/mention]?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Echo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:29 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 pm And I answered you and you want to get into an argument of semantics. You don’t like my answer, fine. But I’m not arguing at length over stuff that doesn’t get us anywhere. You can go argue with someone else. It is nonsense to argue the meaning of the word misrepresentation. If I think you are bad you will have no question about it. I have no problems putting my reads in the thread.

I have not quoted the wrong thing. That was what you asked me to show you.
Ugh.

It is not nonsense to question the motivations of using pointed commentary to describe how I have behaved when there are less pointed ways of describing it. This is analysing your behaviour in a very ordinary way. "Why did he choose to use this descriptor". It's very basic and ordinary scum hunting, not some horrible encroachment on your peace and tranquility.

I was asking the question of why you would say I am misrepresenting you as opposed to pointing at that I am misunderstanding you. There are ways to describe what I did from your perspective, many of them, and you chose the most provocative and accusatory way to describe it, which contrasts with the fact that you do not suspect me. It's a valid concern.

I will not be pushed around by someone over simply doing my civilian duty. Pull your head in.
I didn’t push anyone around, I answered your question and when you wanted to continue to debate the issue I said I’m done.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Principal Skinner »

Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:10 pm Anyone else still think it's weird that Bravo was on the winning lynch train and immediately thought we had lynched a baddie?

[VOTE: bravo] aubergine
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by dodo »

Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:10 pm Anyone else still think it's weird that Bravo was on the winning lynch train and immediately thought we had lynched a baddie?
Did I slip by sharing that? Oops!
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Delta's post-mortem read of Golf is absolute doo doo. Delta is bad.

"That’s how civ his ISO looked to me". Lol.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

[VOTE: Delta] aubergine
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Foxtrot wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:37 am

[VOTE: bravo] aubergine
Bravo!
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Saito »

Echo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:57 pm
Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:56 pm Because they are both true, imo.

Day 1 reads are unreliable. Especially civ ones. Sorry Echo, it's just the truth. We have to stay paranoid for people who changed the way they post, even if in slight ways.

But we also have to come up with some reason to vote. And the Day 1 stuff is there to analyse, can't run away from it. And besides, the very nature of the ability should make baddie reads more reliable than civ ones, since only civs will be swapped.
Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 pm Yes I just defended two opposite things in the same post. Booyah, motherfuckers.
The fact that you felt the need to make this second post after the first is enough reason to lynch you today. You clearly became self conscious of having that first post analysed and tried to get in front of it. This is something that nets Mafia A LOT.
You thinks civs shouldn't be self-conscious of suspicion on them?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Saito »

Echo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:17 pm
Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:36 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:53 pm
Charlie wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:41 pm i'm still me. i am of the perspective that the disguiser kills a player, takes their account, and then the disguiser's own identity is shown as the kill instead.

sprityo, if you're able to confirm or deny that it'd be appreciated
Correct
ooooooh. thanks.
I’m done talking to you about nonsense. I’d rather scum hunt then get drug into fucking meaningless arguments.
I presume you've quoted the wrong thing here?

I am questioning you. This is not a "meaningless fucking argument", this is me trying to analyse your motivations and roles. Avoiding assisting me does not assist a civilian outcome.
I would argue thunderdome arguments are the second biggest way to waste time in mafia.

The first one being reading other people's thunderdome arguments.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Bravo wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:58 am Delta's post-mortem read of Golf is absolute doo doo. Delta is bad.

"That’s how civ his ISO looked to me". Lol.
:rolleyes:

Sure dude, whatever.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Celeste »

Hotel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 pm
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 pm [VOTE: Golf] aubergine

I'd not echo echo, but he is very right. The number of times I see mafia say "You are now my town read" is huge. Same for "Not sure if awkward roleplay or scum."

hmm
[VOTE: Alpa] aubergine. I do not like this vote. I do not like that Alpha was cautious about sheeping Echo too much. I do not know if I believe either of the tells they mentioned are real things.
Things I do for punny wordplay
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Echo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:47 pm I am surprised, as I was expecting two deaths. I did not expect the disguiser kill to replace the factional kill, but rather to be an additional kill to the regularly scheduled factional kill.
If I believe this, you are town

Need to decide if I do.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Echo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:33 pm Hence why I am asking this question Delta. There are other ways a second kill does not appear. Quite basic and ordinary civilian roles exist to prevent Mafia kills.

I never even remotely entertained the notion that there was only one kill until this flip and nobody batted an eyelid. I was entirely under the impression the disguiser kill was an additional one.
This setup run before with only one kill
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Echo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:39 pm Historically this engagement makes Delta a civilian. I can't recall ever having a little hissy fit shit fight with a wolf, at least not near as often as it occurs with civilians.

So that being said, who do you have suspicion of Delta?
This feels like such buddying.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Marge Simpson »

i find "bravo slipped!" to be more suspicious than the alleged slip itself was
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:00 pm i find "bravo slipped!" to be more suspicious than the alleged slip itself was
stink eye to Juliet and Foxtrot
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

all roleplay has vacated the Hotel. why is that the same person?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

I am dropping the weird voice for one post. This is important and I am unsure about it.

Echo has claimed to believe that there are possibly two kills in the game. He/she/they/it has argued about this, asked for proof, and badgered people about the answers.

The rules at the beginning of the game do not make this clear. I checked. They don't. But mafia would know one way or another by day two, and Echo supposedly didn't.

Why did Echo not ask the host?

Echo's ignorance is not genuine. If they wanted to know, they could have easily asked privately. And further, I'd say that if they have any conception of game balance, they would already know the answer. And even further, this setup was played on this site before. So we are faced with two options:

Echo is pleading ignorance for a hard townread. It is a scum gambit.
Echo is prodding others to see why they assumed there would only be one kill. It is a town gambit, and a nearly useless one for the reasons stated above.

I would like a response from Echo. If the ignorance is genuine, why not ask the host? If it's not, what do you hope to accomplish?
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

number of posts made since the start of day 2 if i didn't miscount:

Echo - 23
Delta - 13
Juliet - 10
Hotel - 9
Charlie - 9
Kilo - 7
Bravo - 4
Alpha - 3
Foxtrot - 1

if one of these people is supposed to be india in disguise and the previous lurking is supposed to hold, the options are at the bottom there. i view this as a pretty flimsy premise in general (i'm not even convinced india was the disguiser), but it's worth a look. someone who cares about this theory should tell me which one of these people is fake.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i have an immediate response to that alpha. i'll let echo have a go at it first though
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Juliet wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:59 pm
Echo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:39 pm Historically this engagement makes Delta a civilian. I can't recall ever having a little hissy fit shit fight with a wolf, at least not near as often as it occurs with civilians.

why is this buddying any more than some other instance of a player saying "X looks like a civilian to me"?
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i want Juliet's head on a pike. i hate every post.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i also hate both of the votes on Bravo right now. that's easy button bullshit capitalizing on some half-baked "slip" garbage. no thanks.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i'm not voting for echo or delta. i'm not voting for alpha. i'm not voting for kilo.*

*only subject to reconsider if someone can give me a good argument that they're disguised. they look fine to me.

i want to murder Juliet immediately. i want to see the light leave their evil eyes.

Hotel is a disguise prospect. Foxtrot and Bravo are whatever. suspects by default.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:09 pm
Juliet wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:59 pm

why is this buddying any more than some other instance of a player saying "X looks like a civilian to me"?
They were in a heated discussion, then Echo chooses to step away, pat Delta on the head, call them civ, and ask who they suspect. Just feels weird to me.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:13 pm i'm not voting for echo or delta. i'm not voting for alpha. i'm not voting for kilo.*

*only subject to reconsider if someone can give me a good argument that they're disguised. they look fine to me.

i want to murder Juliet immediately. i want to see the light leave their evil eyes.

Hotel is a disguise prospect. Foxtrot and Bravo are whatever. suspects by default.
omg charlie i'm so scared
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:07 pm number of posts made since the start of day 2 if i didn't miscount:

Echo - 23
Delta - 13
Juliet - 10
Hotel - 9
Charlie - 9
Kilo - 7
Bravo - 4
Alpha - 3
Foxtrot - 1

if one of these people is supposed to be india in disguise and the previous lurking is supposed to hold, the options are at the bottom there. i view this as a pretty flimsy premise in general (i'm not even convinced india was the disguiser), but it's worth a look. someone who cares about this theory should tell me which one of these people is fake.
So I had an idea today based off the whole theory that India molted and has assumed a new sockpuppet. Wouldn't they reasonably choose someone who is low-profile and not about to get themselves lynched? Meaning the least likely person we would want to lynch today probably should be lynched today.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Juliet wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 pm Meaning the least likely person we would want to lynch today probably should be lynched today.
Is this real life?

Is terrible
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

[mention]Alpha[/mention] what are you waiting for with your vote

deadline in 5 hours. someone tell me why Juliet is a civilian
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Hotel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 pm
Alpha wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 pm [VOTE: Golf] aubergine

I'd not echo echo, but he is very right. The number of times I see mafia say "You are now my town read" is huge. Same for "Not sure if awkward roleplay or scum."

hmm
[VOTE: Alpa] aubergine. I do not like this vote. I do not like that Alpha was cautious about sheeping Echo too much. I do not know if I believe either of the tells they mentioned are real things.
i've seen the latter tell (or things quite like it) more than once
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:12 pm @Alpha what are you waiting for with your vote

Just curious, who's your second choice to vote for besides me?
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Bravo went after a player who'd just shown a tendency toward volatility (Delta, after their exchange with Echo). Bravo has remained the only person to place that vote. this isn't indicative of someone who is looking for a wagon to ride.

who's trying to grab an easy lynch? the people who voted for Bravo merely because of his "slip" comment after the Golf lynch. they could have easily been joking or just baiting and those two players ate it up
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Bravo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:55 am One down already. Good job!
i'm going to be frank. any player who is promoting this post as the most lynch-worthy thing in this thread needs to be lynched. that is grade-A horseshit.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Juliet wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:15 pm
Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:12 pm @Alpha what are you waiting for with your vote

Just curious, who's your second choice to vote for besides me?
you
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i see zero civilian in Juliet. not even the slightest glimmer.

otherwise it's Foxtrot.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Because they not dead?
But maybe not disguiser. Death and rebirth not option.

I'm liking vote there.

[VOTE: Juliet] aubergine

Is a thing I want to talk about, but will post again.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:07 pm
Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:06 pm
Juliet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:31 pm Sure they do, they’re probably someone else now.
Wait, that's not how it works, is it? If mafia targeted a player to kill and assume control of their account, I don't think the kill would be announced to the thread.
Why not? How can we even distinguish it from a normal kill?
I assume we would see "no kill" and one of the accounts would secretly switch owners.
This another gambit thing. Not as strong pushed as the other one mentioned. More genuine, or just better fake.
Not make sense, though. Falls apart with look.

Not thinking Juliet can say thing to change way I look at this.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

On note we get no flip unless oracle exist and die. If Juliet scum we not know. No lynching for info, only for scum.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i'm presently of the perspective that india was probably a legitimate night kill perpetrated by the vanilla mafioso. clearly it would be effective to sow discord and distrust if it is assumed to have been disguised.

not necessarily true, but it makes sense to me. i'd do that.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i have reason to believe that the mafia team themselves may not have even been entirely certain how the disguise/kill mechanic functions. it isn't clear, and many people just aren't inclined to ask the host.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

also alpha may be my strongest civilian read right now for reasons
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

remember that votes must be placed in the poll to count.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Alpha wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:24 pm On note we get no flip unless oracle exist and die. If Juliet scum we not know. No lynching for info, only for scum.
So it doesn't even help you guys out if I die. Let's come up with some better lynch candidates.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Juliet wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:55 pm
Alpha wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:24 pm On note we get no flip unless oracle exist and die. If Juliet scum we not know. No lynching for info, only for scum.
So it doesn't even help you guys out if I die. Let's come up with some better lynch candidates.
tell me who and tell me why
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

~* PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT *~

the design of this game is not in line with any civilian advantage. this is no slight on sprityo. last time the civilians were within a hair of winning, so it can be achieved. this is instead a word of urgency to our players. if we don't do a better job of working through this than we have to this point, myself included, then we are absolutely not winning this game.

there are no flips.
there is a disguiser who can be anyone he or she wants to be.
nearly all of the civilians are vanilla.

getting a win here is going to take a lot of work. that doesn't mean "stop having fun and having a life", it means that if you want to enjoy the feeling of winning a game that is stacked against you, then get your ass in gear. i had a shitty day 1, so i blame myself as much as anyone. let's go. the deadline is in three hours, and i should be available for about the 45-60 minutes prior to that.

i think Juliet is the best lynch. otherwise we have a bunch of basically random votes on the board. wake up people. [mention]Alpha[/mention] your vote doesn't count if you don't place it in the poll.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Alpha - good
Charlie - good
Delta - bad
Echo - good
Foxtrot - good
Hotel - good
Juliet - bad
Kilo - bad
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Alpha wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:06 pm I am dropping the weird voice for one post. This is important and I am unsure about it.

Echo has claimed to believe that there are possibly two kills in the game. He/she/they/it has argued about this, asked for proof, and badgered people about the answers.

The rules at the beginning of the game do not make this clear. I checked. They don't. But mafia would know one way or another by day two, and Echo supposedly didn't.

Why did Echo not ask the host?

Echo's ignorance is not genuine. If they wanted to know, they could have easily asked privately. And further, I'd say that if they have any conception of game balance, they would already know the answer. And even further, this setup was played on this site before. So we are faced with two options:

Echo is pleading ignorance for a hard townread. It is a scum gambit.
Echo is prodding others to see why they assumed there would only be one kill. It is a town gambit, and a nearly useless one for the reasons stated above.

I would like a response from Echo. If the ignorance is genuine, why not ask the host? If it's not, what do you hope to accomplish?
I didn't ask the host because I assume that he left that particular thing ambiguous for a reason. I also wanted to use it as a discussion point to create more content from. ie. I am quite sure that you are now being town read by Charlie because of this... I have yet to determine whether I agree with him. I have a theory about you.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:27 pm also alpha may be my strongest civilian read right now for reasons
I think that Alpha might be the disguiser and that said disguiser has yet to actually activate.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

I don't like voters on either of the main two wagons and we need to consolidate now.

Right now I am want to just execute Foxtrot.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Echo wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:32 pm I don't like voters on either of the main two wagons and we need to consolidate now.

Right now I am want to just execute Foxtrot.
Why Foxtrot?

Return to “Previous Heists”