U.A.E.(host/non)
57%

Total votes: 7
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Re: Phenon: Origins REDUX [DAY 3]

Post by Marge Simpson »

Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:17 pmOne of them might be a mafioso taking advantage of it to increase their post count.
pick one
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i would call for GTH reads, but we're never all here together. indivdual GTHs will have to suffice
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Alpha - good
Bravo - bad
Delta - good
Foxtrot - good
Hotel - bad
Kilo - good
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

[VOTE: Hotel] aubergine
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i want everyone to also tell me what the alignments were of all the dead players. i've pretty much already done that across a few posts.

Golf
India
Juliet
Echo
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Saito »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:50 pm
Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:17 pmOne of them might be a mafioso taking advantage of it to increase their post count.
pick one
My gut says Bravo.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:52 pm i want everyone to also tell me what the alignments were of all the dead players. i've pretty much already done that across a few posts.

Golf
India
Juliet
Echo
Hmm all civ except for Juliet. But I don't wanna count on being right about Juliet myself.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:28 pm do i think this night killed player was likely to be the disguiser?

India:
- i can't confidently discount the notion given that they only had two posts. it's compatible even if i don't really find it to be a strong argument.

Echo:
- i don't think this person looked like a mafioso, and they were in a strong posture to survive without switching bodies. the only bodies they could newly inhabit without inheriting unnecessary suspicion would be mine or Alpha's, arguably, and i am already prepared to discard that.

given then that i think Echo was more likely to be a standard night kill, and that India can only at best qualify as an "i guess so" candidate, i think the disguiser might be dead. such is my rationale. between Golf and Juliet, i absolutely lean toward the latter as the higher likelihood candidate.
apparently the disguiser is allowed to perform a normal kill, so all of this holds
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

the above is correct. In my setups I ensure that you arent required to do something unless it is specifically stated that you are required.

It’s also like how I assume for my setups no role is allowed to self target unless explicitly stated.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by dodo »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:38 am in fact i want to see comprehensive reads lists from everyone. tell me what you think of every player alive. this is more than a token call for effort. do it.

@Alpha
@Bravo
@Delta
@Foxtrot
@Hotel
@Kilo
Alpha - good
Bravo - great
Charlie - good
Delta - bad
Foxtrot - good
Hotel - good
Kilo - bad

I had trouble with Hotel hmmm
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:32 pm the entire argument between Delta and Bravo has looked like bickering civilians to me. if i have to shoot one of them, i shoot Bravo first. snark (Bravo) is at face value worse to me than a desire to focus on other matters (Delta).
This is disappointing. "Desire to focus on other matters" Delta is fake. It is all talk and no action. Where is that desire? It's the same thing he rambled about when he was arguing with Echo, then me. He claims to have be wasting his time, and has intention of doing other things, but he isn't doing them. Have you seen that desire materialize?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:04 pm
Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:27 am
Alpha wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:15 amOh Echo died
no he didn't. he's you.

[VOTE: Alpha] aubergine
Wait what

I'm really townreading alpha rn.
Fake.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:45 am we have seven players alive. we know that the game must mechanically only exist in one of two states:

5 vs. 2
6 vs. 1

the former is plausible enough that it should be treated as current even if it isn't for the sake of the balance of power in the poll. two mafia votes in coordination are enough for them to do whatever they want if everyone dicks around on their own pet suspects. stay activated throughout the day phase, and then we need to consolidate effectively before the deadline.

if there's only one left, this does nothing to help that one person.
Wrong account, buddy.
Fluff.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:05 pm Tip: I use Kilo on my PC and my original account on phone. This way I don't have to think about switching accounts, just make sure I only play mafia on PC.
Good guy Kilo.
FAKEEEEEEEEE
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:51 pm Alpha - good
Bravo - bad
Delta - good
Foxtrot - good
Hotel - bad
Kilo - good
You're bad at mafia.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Bravo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:59 pm
Bravo - bad
Delta - good
Foxtrot - good
Hotel - bad
Kilo - good
You're bad at mafia.
and you are wasting my time with worthless, trash posts. make yourself useful or i will murder you.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Foxtrot is lynch bait. I'm getting apathetic townies vibe rather then malevolent lurking and coasting. I also have Juliet has bad, and I don't think they're really compatible because of the way they both went after me for the 'slip'.

Linki - Who hurt you?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I'd like to thank them.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Maybe the vote on me from Foxtrot was to tie it up and save his teammate, Juliet. But it was too soon, and it was too clumsy and unconvincing to have been a save. So nope.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Funny thing, Delta was someone that mentioned the 'slip' but never did anything about it. Throwing shade and keeping his hands clean?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:24 pm
Bravo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:59 pm
Bravo - bad
Delta - good
Foxtrot - good
Hotel - bad
Kilo - good
You're bad at mafia.
and you are wasting my time with worthless, trash posts. make yourself useful or i will murder you.
I see you're ignoring my post shitting all over your take on Bravo/Delta. Is he your teammate perhaps?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Echo outdated, Charlier overrated, long have we awaited, Bravo activated.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i am out with friends. i will address whatever you’re talking about later.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by novaselinenever »

Enjoy yourself. I probably won't be here when you're back, it seems that no one is available at the same time in this game.

I have a favor to ask though. Re-read Delta's iso and find it in your hear to scum read them, then let's lynch them. Ok? Pay attention to their reads, especially the Golf one, the certainty of it. The context is important as well, it's the 180° from their reaction after the EoD1. From there on, it's the two hissy fight they had. The mumbo jumbo to say nothing, the 'desire to do something else, the 'wasting their time' but at the same time drawing those interactions, and that desire never materializing.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MacDougall »

reality is unraveling lmao
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Alpha - tentative civ read still. I feel less confident than before. I find their recent posts more disjointed, which gives me s one mild concern. But overall, I feel like twenty heir content looks like someone putting the work in. I like Alpha currently.

Bravo - Relies heavily on snark and condescension without substance to back up opinions. I had him as light bad read during my first read list and he has only gave me more reason to find him suspect since then. I don’t feel like he has put in effort to game solve, instead is latching onto one person that he thinks he can get lynched. Looks bad imo. But then again, I’m that person so I may have a bias involved. My big pause is I really do believe Juliet was bad, and I don’t see a lot of teammate compatibility between the two. Looking at him alone however... Still have him as light bad.

Charlie - Solid civ read to me. My early read stand and ha wonky grown from there. Clear effort to game solve.

Foxtrot - What has Foxtrot even done this game? I’m beyond unimpressed with him. I’m downgrading him from null to slight bad read.

Hotel - I can see why people are questioning if Hotel might have been a target for the disguiser, but I feel like the voice change came before the kill. It was towards the end of the first vote, that rp seemed to start to drop. Also, feel as though his thoughts look like a civ trying to consider the possibilities rather than jumping to conclusions. I still think I’d read them as light civ at this point, but I wouldn’t clear them by any means.

Kilo - I overall find that Kilo’s opinions are very similar to my own way which makes me feel like he has a civ mind set. I can’t decide if that is me putting on blinders or not. I think there are some posts that really feel very civ to me. Like his response to Charlie’s post where he votes Alpha. I’d say slight civ read here too.

Right now I would be comfortable putting a vote on Foxtrot or Bravo. Probably preferably Foxtrot because they are putting significantly less effort in than Bravo. I’m open to hearing opposing views on Alpha, Hotel, and Kilo if there is something others think I am missing there. I’ll look at the deadies later.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Hey, is this a 72 hour day phase?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Kent Brockman »

Delta wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:15 am Hotel - I can see why people are questioning if Hotel might have been a target for the disguiser, but I feel like the voice change came before the kill. It was towards the end of the first vote, that rp seemed to start to drop. Also, feel as though his thoughts look like a civ trying to consider the possibilities rather than jumping to conclusions. I still think I’d read them as light civ at this point, but I wouldn’t clear them by any means.
Who is questioning me dropping the roleplay? What do you think of those people?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:38 am in fact i want to see comprehensive reads lists from everyone. tell me what you think of every player alive. this is more than a token call for effort. do it.

@Alpha
@Bravo
@Delta
@Foxtrot
@Hotel
@Kilo
Reads pending
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Alpha wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:17 pm
Hotel problem.

Roleplay dropped when needed, like my scream. That fine. But grammar is suspect.
If Hotel replace disguiser night one, may explain. Grammar after night one very force. Stiff language, no abbreviate. Feels more stiff than before. Example.
Hotel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 pm [VOTE: Alpa] aubergine. I do not like this vote. I do not like that Alpha was cautious about sheeping Echo too much. I do not know if I believe either of the tells they mentioned are real things.
But there is slip after.
Hotel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:04 pm
Echo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:01 pm
Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:04 pm So... I guess this makes all previous reads unrealiable?
I do not like the underlying intention of this post.

The logic is disagreeable, given that there is still probably a wolf wearing the same sheepskin here, and the comment only serves to reset civilian reads. I do not see why a civilian would have this opinion.
it is hyperbolic. there is a need to reset some reads. there is no need to throw day 1 out the window.
This look language someone not used to capital in mafia. Real Hotel slipping, because they not usual capital? Or replacement under pressure?
This is the only post I could find which resembles the thing that Delta was talking about in their "read" on me. But Alpha is not eyeballing me for dropping my roleplay, they are eyeballing me for dropping a few capital letters. Which feels just as weak. On the one hand, at least they're looking past the too-simple basis for baloney suspicion, but on the other hand it almost feels as if they wanted to accuse me of switching bodies for the lost roleplay but were afraid of pursuing such an obviously weak angle, and so they poked at something else instead.

The same person has occupied this skinn from Day 1.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

[VOTE: Bravo] aubergine because they need to vote for Delta or talk about something else already.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I have somehow outposted Foxtrot over the last few days. That's disappointing. Does a mafia member bury their hand in the snow so completely in a game that requires so little attention?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Phenon: Origins REDUX

Post by Kent Brockman »

Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 pm Yes I just defended two opposite things in the same post. Booyah, motherfuckers.
A wise guest once told me that hypocrisy is a valuable quality to have. :noble:
Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:06 pm Heck, I just noticed Day 2 Hotel does not continue his roleplay style.

Oh. This post exists. :disappoint:

What would this strategy be, Kilo? Take over the skin of the character with the most blatant roleplay shtick in the game for Day 2 and then... not bother to keep up with it?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Kilo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:55 pm
Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:52 pm i want everyone to also tell me what the alignments were of all the dead players. i've pretty much already done that across a few posts.

Golf
India
Juliet
Echo
Hmm all civ except for Juliet. But I don't wanna count on being right about Juliet myself.
So the disguiser has disguised?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

EBWOP: so the disguiser HASN'T disguised?

a small but kind of crucial distinction there.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Kilo wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 am Hey, is this a 72 hour day phase?
I gave the extra time from not starting day 3 on time

So it’s more like 64
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:20 pm
Kilo wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 am Hey, is this a 72 hour day phase?
I gave the extra time from not starting day 3 on time

So it’s more like 64
Does the poll still accurately reflect the deadline time?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

yes, it does
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Cool.

The front desk will likely be unoccupied at that time, unfortunately.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Celeste »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:26 pm yes, it does
Ah time nice because busy today
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Principal Skinner »

[VOTE: kilo] aubergine
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:49 pm
Delta wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:15 am Hotel - I can see why people are questioning if Hotel might have been a target for the disguiser, but I feel like the voice change came before the kill. It was towards the end of the first vote, that rp seemed to start to drop. Also, feel as though his thoughts look like a civ trying to consider the possibilities rather than jumping to conclusions. I still think I’d read them as light civ at this point, but I wouldn’t clear them by any means.
I just gave a complete list of reads, from the very post you pulled this quote from, so you can see what I think of everyone in them so this question feels like a poor attempt to look like you’re putting in effort.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:15 pm EBWOP: so the disguiser HASN'T disguised?

a small but kind of crucial distinction there.
It's possible.

Echo looked very civ to me.

India is a toss up to be honest.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:11 pm
Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 pm Yes I just defended two opposite things in the same post. Booyah, motherfuckers.
Kilo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:06 pm Heck, I just noticed Day 2 Hotel does not continue his roleplay style.

What would this strategy be, Kilo? Take over the skin of the character with the most blatant roleplay shtick in the game for Day 2 and then... not bother to keep up with it?
I admit I didn't think it through.

But you do realize we are playing with WIFOM here, right?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Delta wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:49 pm
I just gave a complete list of reads, from the very post you pulled this quote from, so you can see what I think of everyone in them so this question feels like a poor attempt to look like you’re putting in effort.
This is not the point. At the time, I hadn’t seen anybody doing the thing that you cited in your thoughts about me. I wanted you to follow up on that. I still do a little bit. But afterwards I noticed that Kilo did exactly what you were referencing. I still don’t see anybody else doing it though. But I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the issue of people commenting on my change of style, since it seems to be something you’re conscious of.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Kilo wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:51 pm
Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:11 pm

I admit I didn't think it through.

But you do realize we are playing with WIFOM here, right?
I do not care about that. Do you think I’m the disguiser?
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

been doing shit all weekend y'all. i will contribute tomorrow
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:17 pm
Delta wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:49 pm
This is not the point. At the time, I hadn’t seen anybody doing the thing that you cited in your thoughts about me. I wanted you to follow up on that. I still do a little bit. But afterwards I noticed that Kilo did exactly what you were referencing. I still don’t see anybody else doing it though. But I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the issue of people commenting on my change of style, since it seems to be something you’re conscious of.
At least Charlie did as well. I believe there were others, but I don’t recall off the top of my head.

I don’t find their commentary on it either suspicious or not. It would be an easy topic of conversation regardless of alignment.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Celeste »

Hotel wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Alpha wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:17 pm This look language someone not used to capital in mafia. Real Hotel slipping, because they not usual capital? Or replacement under pressure?
This is the only post I could find which resembles the thing that Delta was talking about in their "read" on me. But Alpha is not eyeballing me for dropping my roleplay, they are eyeballing me for dropping a few capital letters. Which feels just as weak. On the one hand, at least they're looking past the too-simple basis for baloney suspicion, but on the other hand it almost feels as if they wanted to accuse me of switching bodies for the lost roleplay but were afraid of pursuing such an obviously weak angle, and so they poked at something else instead.

The same person has occupied this skinn from Day 1.
Not intention. Check tone, if feel forced, problem. Subtle thing. What good disguiser drop obvious roleplay right when switch?

Tone change may coincide roleplay drop, not reliable indicator. Not enough lynch you.

Return to “Previous Heists”