Escape From Sockville Penitentiary [GAME OVER]

Today is a potential MYLO. Who runs the prison?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Dom
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
8%
Macdougall
33%
novaselinenever
No votes
Rej
25%
sabie12
No votes
sig
No votes
sprityo
No votes
No Lynch
No votes
Crab People (Host/dead/non)
33%

Total votes: 12
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Escape From Sockville Penitentiary [DAY 1]

Post by novaselinenever »

Rej wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:58 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:34 pm @Rej How come you're on Tony? I don't remember you mentioning him much.

Also for vote tracking purposes, you really should announce your votes in the thread.
There was a train on me, also people started to suspect him and vote him up, so it was just the best option to make the wagon on me look smaller and go alongside with the townformed people
You have no original thoughts on him of your own?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:42 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:01 pm At this juncture, it would be helpful if each individual made a list of his or her top three suspects with an explanation.

I felt like I just read a condensed version of Ulysses.
Lead by example? Be the change you want to see? No? Alright.
I have already named three I would kill and why. Do I need to repeat myself for you?
You do. You've been wanting to shoot a lot of people, and things change throughout a phase. Top 3 and the reasons. Go!
Nah. I've voted and don't see myself changing it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If anybody (like Creature) has a reason to believe Tony is a civilian, what is it?
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Dragomir »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:05 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:51 pm
sabie12 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:26 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:18 pm @juliets What's your take of the Oreki vs Nova thing that occured earlier? As well as your take on the suspicion regarding me. Do you agree? Disagree? Who are you siding with?

Same questions to you @sabie12 @Dom @Epignosis
Ohhhh I don't know. I didn't really follow a lot of the long block text posts in the beginning. Nova is doing his usual and the only real difference is he didn't fake suspect me from my first post this time. I'm really not super familiar with oreki. I guess if I had to choose who I suspect it would be creature because even despite this post limit thing he usually is more talkative and more aggressive and some of what he has said was strange. He's overly focused on the post limit rather than looking at anything that is going on. It feels like he is being more cautious about how he comes off and explaining how he's playing.
Why do you feel the need to have to pick out a suspect? My questions weren't requesting that. This approach doesn't really feel natural to me. I also kinda feel you're entire suspicion on Creature is disingenuous. You felt the need to have someone to suspect, so you went for the easiest person.

I'd suggest lynching you but I already want Rej gone too so meh.
You narrowed down your list of who you wanted opinions on. I had my own opinion on someone else. I find creature suspicious and voted him. You're asking why I feel the need to pick out a suspect? I must have missed the rule where I need someone to ask me who I suspect in order to share who I suspect seeing how its end of day and all.
The wording that you chose to bring forth your suspicion on Creature is my gripe. You said "I guess if I had to choose who to suspect", that doesn't sound at all like someone who's actually suspecting someone but someone who feels the need to have a suspicion so it looks like they're doing something. Feels forced and disingenuous.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Rej is upsetting me.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej's vote on Tony feels super sneaky. I don't remember anythinh from his posts indicating he was sus of Tony. Just came out of the blue. If he did show that he was sus of Tony, someone please show it to me.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:23 pm Rej is upsetting me.
Are you finally seeing how bad he is? If so, join me and let's lynch him.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I don't really like Quin's reaction to LC vote. Pretty underwhelming, the no u feels restrained. No real conviction or drive behind it. A default one.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:21 pm
sabie12 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:05 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:18 pm @juliets What's your take of the Oreki vs Nova thing that occured earlier? As well as your take on the suspicion regarding me. Do you agree? Disagree? Who are you siding with?

Ohhhh I don't know. I didn't really follow a lot of the long block text posts in the beginning. Nova is doing his usual and the only real difference is he didn't fake suspect me from my first post this time. I'm really not super familiar with oreki. I guess if I had to choose who I suspect it would be creature because even despite this post limit thing he usually is more talkative and more aggressive and some of what he has said was strange. He's overly focused on the post limit rather than looking at anything that is going on. It feels like he is being more cautious about how he comes off and explaining how he's playing.
Why do you feel the need to have to pick out a suspect? My questions weren't requesting that. This approach doesn't really feel natural to me. I also kinda feel you're entire suspicion on Creature is disingenuous. You felt the need to have someone to suspect, so you went for the easiest person.

You narrowed down your list of who you wanted opinions on. I had my own opinion on someone else. I find creature suspicious and voted him. You're asking why I feel the need to pick out a suspect? I must have missed the rule where I need someone to ask me who I suspect in order to share who I suspect seeing how its end of day and all.
The wording that you chose to bring forth your suspicion on Creature is my gripe. You said "I guess if I had to choose who to suspect", that doesn't sound at all like someone who's actually suspecting someone but someone who feels the need to have a suspicion so it looks like they're doing something. Feels forced and disingenuous.
That's just how I always talk. It's okay you're not familiar with me or the way I say things. Honestly I just am super busy and trying to type out posts while going grocery shopping so I really wasn't able to put together a big huge fancy post. I suspect creature theres nothing forced about it. He's being suspicious I voted him.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Day 1 has ended. Stand by for EoD post.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Escape From Sockville Penitentiary [NIGHT 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Day 1

The Warden's men were on the hunt, but all that did was drive the breakout crew further underground. They'd already taken extreme caution not to let anything slip, but today all communication was severed. A slight nod of the head or a wave of the hand was all anyone, even the most perceptive observer, could pick up. The inmates wanted to be sure that the Warden's goons would have nothing to report back at the end of the day.

There was, of course, more to worry about than just the uniformed guard. The crew had long suspected that the Warden would try to place a rat in their midst. The first name on everyone's list was Charlie. Having a wildcard like him in the gang was of no benefit to anyone: he was liable to cause more harm than good even if he was on their side, and, if we're being honest, there was only a 50/50 shot at that to begin with. Hell, a guy like Charlie was viable to get got for any number of reasons, so it's not like it would even trip any alarms to take him out that day. That's why it came as no surprise to anyone when Charlie's body was found outside the showers with a shiv in his gut. But he wasn't the rat they were looking for.

TonyStarkPrime has been lynched. He was Charlie Hustle, civilian redirector.

It is Night 1. You have 24 hours to submit night actions.

The thread will remain locked for the night. There were no posting violations today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Sockville Polls & Posts

Post by Sloonei »

Lynch Polls
Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Escape From Sockville Penitentiary [DAY 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Night 1

A reliable informant was hard to come by, but the Warden trusted Richie's intel more than anything else these days. As far as the Warden could tell, his cover had not been blown and his position was uncompromised. So when word got back to him that the crook known as Jimmy Hotfingers was one of the villains spearheading the jailbreak conspiracy, it was an easy enough task for the Warden's men to stage an accident in his cell that night.

Quin has been killed. He was Jimmy Hotfingers, civilian watcher.

It is Day 2. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.

Post counts at the start of Day 2:
Dragomir: 49
novaselinenever: 40
Oreki: 27
juliets: 21
Rej: 21
Epignosis: 17
Dom: 15
Creature: 14
sabie12: 8
Long Con: 5
Reniki: 3
MacDougall: 2
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sorry Tony, I really misread you and made a bad decision.

Quin, nooooo, you don't get to play often enough to get killed night one. RIP.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Dom »

This was my catch up post after night fell.

I don't think sabie would be a good lynch. This indicates nothing of her alignment to me.
Creature wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:54 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:45 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:28 pm Hehe I don't think I need to put much stock on the posting limit now atleast

Huh I think Tony is not doing so good as last game where he was scum, so I don't think he's scum here
I can't name one person you would lynch, let alone three.
It's not my job to tell town who to lynch.

I'm more someone to tell when a lynch is likely gonna be a mislynch (or not).
...so... you're bad?

Yeah... I think you're bad.
Only one group of people in this game know if there's about to be a mislynch... and they're not civvies.

Creature wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56 pm Woah, already got somewhat a feeling Tony flips town here

Now there's me.

There's also Rej, who I don't understand.

Are we on a v/v/v trinity here?
....immediately thereafter...
lynch creature 2020...
Quin wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:01 pm At this juncture, it would be helpful if each individual made a list of his or her top three suspects with an explanation.

I felt like I just read a condensed version of Ulysses.
I suspect Dragomir for his early nova treatment and my conversations with him.
I suspect Long Con because his vote for me is disingenuous.
I suspect Creature because his apathy is annoying me.
Question: is creature annoying or disingenuous?

Dragomir wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:11 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:07 pm 1) rej: "how can i ensure you that i am town"/ "no really guys THIS is my town meta"
2) tony: what u said bro
3) drago: "you're good because we agree"/ "non voters must be bad"/ mr. post a lot but not say that much in individual posts and then multiquote in one post of a double post where someone asked why you don't and you say it's too hard on your phone lol i made a good joke about this guys
I didn't make a single multiquote post this entire game. You're mistaking a post where I broken one quote, not one with multiple quotes of different ppl and whatnot.
my shot/chaser joke is much less funny now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 73

Post by MacDougall »

Aight I did some catch ups overnight and narrowed the scum team down to Dragomir/Creature/Epignosis and Juliets. Epi/Juliets being the variable player. Dragomir is absolutely obvscum and needs to bite it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I note that Creature didn't even vote. What the hell?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 pm Aight I did some catch ups overnight and narrowed the scum team down to Dragomir/Creature/Epignosis and Juliets. Epi/Juliets being the variable player. Dragomir is absolutely obvscum and needs to bite it.
I'm half-way there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:40 pm Sorry Tony, I really misread you and made a bad decision.

Quin, nooooo, you don't get to play often enough to get killed night one. RIP.
Would a baddie Juliets that just killed Quin say that? I'd like to think that no.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Damn, that was quick.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] You haven't answered my question about Rej.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 pm Aight I did some catch ups overnight and narrowed the scum team down to Dragomir/Creature/Epignosis and Juliets. Epi/Juliets being the variable player. Dragomir is absolutely obvscum and needs to bite it.
You need to try catching up cause this is nonsense. Funny how I town read everyone here too.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej, Mac, and Sabie. They seem like the type to kill Quin imo.

I just remembered that this game has a post limit. Gotta chill.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:28 pm @novaselinenever You haven't answered my question about Rej.
Ehhh what question?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 pm Rej, Mac, and Sabie. They seem like the type to kill Quin imo.

Why sabie?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:26 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:23 pm Rej is upsetting me.
Are you finally seeing how bad he is? If so, join me and let's lynch him.
[mention]novaselinenever[/mention]
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Just letting you guys know I will not be around much this weekend. Food truck event.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Rej »

Drago again on me, love this.

I don't like how creature played previous DP, seems I am not alone with that.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Imo after looking at some of Creatures past games his behavior here does not appear to be civ so I am placing a vote there for now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 73

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 pm Rej, Mac, and Sabie. They seem like the type to kill Quin imo.

Please lynch this man
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[VOTE: creature] aubergine
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Rej »

I join the people on Creatures lynch, not getting anything out of substance from that guy.
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Creature »

How adorable

Actually, fuck the post limit
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Congratulations, you're already half wrong.

Don't worry, maybe you can still be 1/2 if both Epi and juliets are scum
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:24 pm Imo after looking at some of Creatures past games his behavior here does not appear to be civ so I am placing a vote there for now.
You probably don't know how to meta me enough

Look at my motives here, see if what I'm posting actually would benefit me if I was scum

Huh, maybe this place is off in regards to look at motives though
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:58 pm I note that Creature didn't even vote. What the hell?
Yep, I can dennounce when a lynch is bad, but not where to redirect. That's up to you.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:42 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:28 pm Hehe I don't think I need to put much stock on the posting limit now atleast

Huh I think Tony is not doing so good as last game where he was scum, so I don't think he's scum here

...so... you're bad?

Only one group of people in this game know if there's about to be a mislynch... and they're not civvies.
Yep, preventing probable mislynches from happening is a scum thing to do.

Only scum lynches scum because they know who they are.

While town is supposed to be mislynching town rather than bothering to see if they're actually right or not.

Are you alright there, buddy?

Is Dom usually like this as town?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:00 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:24 pm Imo after looking at some of Creatures past games his behavior here does not appear to be civ so I am placing a vote there for now.

Look at my motives here, see if what I'm posting actually would benefit me if I was scum

Ok I will go through and look at you from that perspective.

What do you mean maybe this place is off in regards to looking at motives?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:58 pm
Congratulations, you're already half wrong.

Don't worry, maybe you can still be 1/2 if both Epi and juliets are scum
Nope, because I am not scum either.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LOL @ Creature flipping out and actually producing content once he receives a shit ton of votes.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:58 pm I note that Creature didn't even vote. What the hell?
Yep, I can dennounce when a lynch is bad, but not where to redirect. That's up to you.
I know you don't know where to redirect it. That's the entire essence of Mafia.

That you didn't make an effort to redirect it regardless makes you dead weight.

Well, weight anyway. The dead part comes later.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:06 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:42 pm

...so... you're bad?

Yep, preventing probable mislynches from happening is a scum thing to do.

Only scum lynches scum because they know who they are.

While town is supposed to be mislynching town rather than bothering to see if they're actually right or not.

Are you alright there, buddy?

Is Dom usually like this as town?
You did nothing to prevent Tony's lynch. You said this:

Creature wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56 pm Woah, already got somewhat a feeling Tony flips town here

Now there's me.

There's also Rej, who I don't understand.

Are we on a v/v/v trinity here?
This is all you've said. No effort to save Tony- just a "woah" and "somewhat a feeling."

Your motive in this scenario is to give other people shit for a lynch you knew was going to be a bad one for the civilians.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

You guys Three Houses is so damn good.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

You know what a lite game with out of post voting is perfect for?

Secret. Fucking. Codes.

I will come up with one and read D1 and return.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:30 pm You guys Three Houses is so damn good.
RIGHT
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:30 pm You guys Three Houses is so damn good.
RIGHT
I just changed Eldegard to a fighter and myself to a myrmidon.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

You are really quick to denigrate this site and its members harshly and often. I haven't seen any demonstration of actual Mafia skill from you yet, where do you get the gall to come here and insult everybody? Howzabout you settle down and try to demonstrate an iota of skill at this game before badmouthing people who have been playing for years?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:32 pm You know what a lite game with out of post voting is perfect for?

Secret. Fucking. Codes.

I will come up with one and read D1 and return.
I LOVE secret codes. Hook a brother up.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:35 am
Quin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:48 pm
RIGHT
I just changed Eldegard to a fighter and myself to a myrmidon.
I picked the Deers and made Claude a fighter. I also recruited red-head womaniser what'shisname and he's gonna be my cavalier.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

oops i came back to life for a second
ImageImageImageImage
Oreki
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Oreki »

Why this game isn't progressing at all

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”