Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by juliets »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:34 pm
Elephant is... god.

It's very obviously a character and my eyes just glaze over when I read his posts, but I would bet a dollar he's like this regardless of alignment so he's just going to be a PITA to play with. Really hope he's not town. Might be town anyway. Where's the fricking sigh emote when you need it.
:sigh:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 415

Re: Inception [Hypnagogic Phase]

Post by Evenstar »

Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:52 am
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:43 am
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:34 am iaafr

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
why the fuck are both Creature and Dragomir so high here
Also not getting great vibes from benson
Nutella and Jack ought to be higher, too
overall, garbage readslist, making me feel worse about Iaafr
This is bad as hell. How can you use the fact that you disagree with the read list against iaafr? Ppl have different perspectives and won't always share your own. I despise the shade that you're throwing at iaafr here.
I super question how badly this list is off. Feels like they're not playing the same game as me. That means they're probably not the same alignment as me. QED.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:08 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:21 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 pm
112 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:18 pm honestly, guys, i'm just going to role-play my character the whole game and hope that through magickal energies i can help us effect a good outcome
Ok @juliets since you're confused lemme clear up my suspicion against 112. So my belief of there being fake character claims came from this post. The roleplaying character thing pings me hard for reasons being that there's a manipulative edge to it. I only see one perspective to why someone would do this is the scum perspective. Role-play your character in order to make it more believable if you got to claim it. Get ppl in the mindset that your character is this person thus clouding them from looking too much into the actual claim.

There's no town perspective to it imo. Why should town bother themselves with roleplaying their character? All I can see it is for manipulative purposes to set something up in the future. Unless your role requires the role-play, which I don't think is the case for 112 here.
Thanks Drago I'll think through this while eating lunch.
So Drago, I guess where I'm left with this is I don't see any game related point in role-playing your character whether you are town, or scum, or 3P since the character doesn't tell us anything about the person's abilities or their role. JJJ suggested role-playing your character in the OP as just something fun to do.

For example, let's say 112 is role playing the character "loneliness" and she later claims she is "loneliness". What does that tell us exactly? Not her alignment, nor her abilities since there is no correlation. So it tells us nothing, the way I see it.

But no one else seems confused by this, just me, so I don't want to belabor the point. I'll think further on it as we go forward.
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
Could you please roleplay your character? A paragraph should suffice.
I am the Elephant.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Dragomir »

juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 pm
112 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:18 pm honestly, guys, i'm just going to role-play my character the whole game and hope that through magickal energies i can help us effect a good outcome
Ok @juliets since you're confused lemme clear up my suspicion against 112. So my belief of there being fake character claims came from this post. The roleplaying character thing pings me hard for reasons being that there's a manipulative edge to it. I only see one perspective to why someone would do this is the scum perspective. Role-play your character in order to make it more believable if you got to claim it. Get ppl in the mindset that your character is this person thus clouding them from looking too much into the actual claim.

There's no town perspective to it imo. Why should town bother themselves with roleplaying their character? All I can see it is for manipulative purposes to set something up in the future. Unless your role requires the role-play, which I don't think is the case for 112 here.
So Drago, I guess where I'm left with this is I don't see any game related point in role-playing your character whether you are town, or scum, or 3P since the character doesn't tell us anything about the person's abilities or their role. JJJ suggested role-playing your character in the OP as just something fun to do.

For example, let's say 112 is role playing the character "loneliness" and she later claims she is "loneliness". What does that tell us exactly? Not her alignment, nor her abilities since there is no correlation. So it tells us nothing, the way I see it.

But no one else seems confused by this, just me, so I don't want to belabor the point. I'll think further on it as we go forward.
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
Here's what JJJ said in the OP:

"Characters are randomized and have no connection to role abilities. You can even role play if you like."

So I read that as you can't tell from the character what the role abilities are.
I'm not talking about role abilities, I'm talking about alignments.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:14 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:05 am Oh well, juliets randed scum this game
Why?
Entered the thread fairly quick, fell off and now returned.

not sure though
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:28 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:17 am Question for all of you, do you guys believe this game would have some fake claims? I personally think yes. It's a big factor in why I suspect 112 as a matter of fact.
Why aren't you suspecting me for claiming Light Yagami then...?
My suspicion on 112 is not based on him character claiming.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:25 pm I wrote a post and when I hit submit I was prompted to log in. Now post is gone and I'm sad.
You could always return to the previous page, copy your post and paste it when you log in.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
This is bad as hell. How can you use the fact that you disagree with the read list against iaafr? Ppl have different perspectives and won't always share your own. I despise the shade that you're throwing at iaafr here.
I super question how badly this list is off. Feels like they're not playing the same game as me. That means they're probably not the same alignment as me. QED.
Fair I guess but it’s also see Drago’s point. Iaafr threw out a rainbow with maybe half a dozen controversial reads. I think it’s town because of this shift on Mac and 112, plinko theory suggests that scum doesn’t make such significant shifts like that without a clearer game plan
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:40 pm

"Characters are randomized and have no connection to role abilities. You can even role play if you like."

So I read that as you can't tell from the character what the role abilities are.
Here’s how I see it

A game was designed with blank power roles associated with alignment
Then 29 characters were completely randomly matched to roles
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
I see, so you're mafia and iaafr is town? Cool.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:45 pm

Here’s how I see it

Ok, so you think an evil character can be town then and vice versa?
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:30 pm What I was saying. In post #716, Im suspicious over elephant's rebuttal to MR. The tone just feels Wolfy - I know I haven't played with this guy so I'm not too concerned over that.
But I also don't like how he's honing in on very very minor discrepancies in MR's game (like stuff common to all villagers), and using that as a means to discredit his argument and push a scum read. Idk, seems like the kind of tactics I use as a wolf.
post 716 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 03#p558403

I am not pushing a scum read here, I am still investigating, and I have especially said that I am trying for a town read and that I am not getting it. That you are trying to interpret this as a scumread is something I very much don't like. Obviously I am aware that everyone can be part of a misunderstanding. I believe this shows clearly in my post. But I am not willing to leave it uninvestigated.
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Dragomir[/mention] I think the only way for you to know for sure what Jay is saying about alignment matching character is to ask him. I think alignment is not related to character but maybe I'm wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

lol sorry I read one page and made a few posts and then went back to sleep for 3 more hours. picking up where I left off

Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:43 am
Rej wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:41 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:37 am
Rej wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31 am Image

Just skimmed again through million of posts and forgot half of the content.
I will just relax as I rly have a bad day today and I wasted my energy into carrying home the Cats/Dogs game with Novas and Speedchuck Image

Here some crappy GTH reads to satisfy your hunger:

Nutella - good
Michelle - good
Sprityo - good
the guy with the rabbit avatar - good
don't mention me -_-

give me details of Nutella good and what alignament means good for you please. Thanks
why nutella? why not interested in why I read you good? Image
good means civillian Image
I don't need to be pocketed thanks for asking.

Don't avoid the question Rej, talk to me about Nutella.

*chanting* This is what a town Michelle looks like!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I don't really see the point in making character claiming legal when your character isn't alignment indicative. So I do believe in good characters being town, bad characters being scum. And with that being said, safe claims are probably a thing this game. This is technically a tinfoil but it's very logical in my eyes.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:35 pm It’s like playing with Glorf if Glorf were an elephant
Who is Glorf, and why aren't they an elephant?
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:41 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:14 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:05 am Oh well, juliets randed scum this game
Why?
Entered the thread fairly quick, fell off and now returned.

not sure though
Creature, I checked my ISO and yesterday I was here from 2:02 p.m. until 10:36 pm. Today I've been around since 7:54 am. So I'm unclear where the drop off was.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] [mention]Sloonei[/mention] Are our characters indicative of alignment?
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:30 pm What I was saying. In post #716, Im suspicious over elephant's rebuttal to MR. The tone just feels Wolfy - I know I haven't played with this guy so I'm not too concerned over that.
But I also don't like how he's honing in on very very minor discrepancies in MR's game (like stuff common to all villagers), and using that as a means to discredit his argument and push a scum read. Idk, seems like the kind of tactics I use as a wolf.

I am not pushing a scum read here, I am still investigating, and I have especially said that I am trying for a town read and that I am not getting it. That you are trying to interpret this as a scumread is something I very much don't like. Obviously I am aware that everyone can be part of a misunderstanding. I believe this shows clearly in my post. But I am not willing to leave it uninvestigated.

I should have been more clear: I meant to imply that I thought you were laying the groundwork for an eventual scum read on MR; not that you were scumreading him at that moment per se.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DFaraday »

Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:52 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:35 pm It’s like playing with Glorf if Glorf were an elephant
Who is Glorf, and why aren't they an elephant?
Glorf is famous for not discussing his alignment because he refuses to say he's town if he's not.

That's all I know though. I currently don't know this game's rules, the point system, or my alignment. Will figure those out and come back.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Please direct all questions to the hosts via the PM system. Thank you.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

@Drago Yes but my character is also like I’m not sure if it would be good or bad anyways it isn’t like that

@Elephant A player who, from what I’ve gathered, doesn’t lie and kinda talks like you and has a distinct posting character. He’s not an elephant cause he’s an elf.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:34 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:38 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 am
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:16 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:51 am
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:46 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:42 am
Is it conspicuous? I think there are a lot of players absent from my list. Someone said this earlier, but with so many players in the game and it being only Day 0, it's impossible to keep track of everyone.

I haven't noticed Mac for better or for worse so far. He always posts a lot, from what I've seen. Doesn't mean he's contributing to gamesolving.

Question for you, Pachyderm: do you always have such a passive tone to your posts?
I am not convinced that the premise of your question is correct. Maybe you are confusing politeness and passivity?
Politeness is a form of passivity.

I wouldn't say your engagement level is passive, but the tone of your posts comes across as such. "Should that concern me?"; "Any light you could shed on these issues would be welcome"; etc = passive phrasing.

I just want to know if this is what I can expect from you so I can put it aside when forming a read.
Your manner of thought is alien to me, Master Radishes. Despite being concerned with "reads", you do not appear to actually take notice of what I wrote. You open your post by contradicting my implied assertion that passiveness and politeness are not identical, and then act as if that contradictory statement would remove my objection to your question, which it did not. In addition, I am unable to imagine how an expectation of "passivity" (or the absence of this expectation) would impact your ability to "form a read"; if you could educate me in this respect, I'd be much obliged.
On phone now, so not going to bother breaking up your post into relevant sections, but:
(a) What did you write that I didn't take notice of?
(b) We're now arguing over the semantics of 'passive' which seems NAI.
(c) Players have different posting styles, but I often associate passivity (as I define it) with scuminess. This is not a hard rule, however, and some people just have a tone to their posts I struggle to look past. There's a player on my home forum I scum read every single game and am usually wrong about, and it's because he posts in a manner I find similar to yours.
You have asked me a question that was unclear to me. After I drew your attention to that, you have not clarified (still!), but instead asserted that it wasn't unclear. Predictably, that led us nowhere. What you seem to be saying is that you would like to read "passivity" as scummy, but that it isn't really working out for you, which begs the question why you keep doing it. I still have no idea how the expectation of passivity can shape your read. Basically, you've been blocking my attempts to find out how you do solving in this game, which foils my attempt at townreading you. Why would you behave like this as town? (This is a genuine question!)

For now, I suggest that we revisit my original question: do you find it in character for MacDougall to ignore his absence on your reads list, or does it strike you as unusual? I understand you are somewhat familiar with him, is that correct?
Elephant is... god.

It's very obviously a character and my eyes just glaze over when I read his posts, but I would bet a dollar he's like this regardless of alignment so he's just going to be a PITA to play with. Really hope he's not town. Might be town anyway. Where's the fricking sigh emote when you need it.
I can confirm that I am an elephant regardless of alignment. Have an elephant god.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (252.56 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
I am the Elephant.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have received a question which I will answer publicly. Characters were entirely randomized to the roles in the game. Please do not interact with any host posts in the thread, and if there are further questions PM us. Thanks.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm

Could you please roleplay your character? A paragraph should suffice.
:disappoint:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Well that 112 read goes to shit now.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

I'm giving Drago a villa read for the character tin foil.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 596

Post by Epignosis »

There is no way on God's green earth that I am going to spend my only day off this week reading ten pages that have appeared between now and the time I went to bed last night.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:54 pm

I should have been more clear: I meant to imply that I thought you were laying the groundwork for an eventual scum read on MR; not that you were scumreading him at that moment per se.
I am very much laying the groundwork for an eventual scum read. An investigation that can not support either a town read or a scum read is fluff. An investigation that only works towards one of these ends is biased. I have asked Master Radishes to answer my original question, and to explain the thinking behind his own question. What do you recommend I should have done instead?

You have also noticed that I have been explicitly bringing up that a continued failure to answer has consequences for my perception of Master Radish's alignment. This is pressure. Your intervention here creates counterpressure on me, and therefore defends Master Radishes to a certain degree. Is this defense an intended effect, and if so, why did you do it?
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:16 am It was Fallout that you did it. You were an indy. I also looked at Arrowverse where he was scum and you were town and you didn't give him any town reads at least for the first couple days. Makes me feel good about you... maybe even Creature a bit since your radar on him is demonstrably good.
Why is Mac going out of his way to do research on Jack that makes him look better? Super OOC from what I saw in WC1 and finals. This Mac feels soft and fuzzy with a side of poop jokes. Finals mac was hard and flinty with a side of dick jokes. Very different flavours and oh god why did I give myself that mental image.
This is actually somewhat spicy. I definitely don't have the strongest townread of Mac so far, so I'll remember to be wary and on the lookout for minor discrepancies in his tone. When we're both town I tend to mindmeld with him a lot and it can almost look like one of us pocketing the other but it's a bad sign if that doesn't happen naturally or if he tries to force it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:59 pm @Drago Yes but my character is also like I’m not sure if it would be good or bad anyways it isn’t like that

@Elephant A player who, from what I’ve gathered, doesn’t lie and kinda talks like you and has a distinct posting character. He’s not an elephant cause he’s an elf.
Elephants can be elves. I can lie, but rarely do so.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (47.78 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
I am the Elephant.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:29 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:59 pm @Drago Yes but my character is also like I’m not sure if it would be good or bad anyways it isn’t like that

Elephants can be elves. I can lie, but rarely do so.

image.jpeg
this is adorable
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:28 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:59 am
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:56 am
Spiny Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:26 am @Evenstar

so far you are an easy townread to me (actually the easiest), which makes me nervous only because I don't think you are easy to read in general. and in finals when you were town you were a townread, yes, but not an easy or pure one, just like a "I think eva is always like this and it's not scummy" one.

that said, the effortlessness of your savage-tone posting, and the fact that your conversation with Drogo, while meaningless shitposting, actually led you to have a read on him by the end, feels like v easytown to me.

should I be nervous about this read y or y not? :P
@Evenstar, you seem to have been enjoying yourself here. Why is that?
~~Not A Champs Game~~

Also any game with 30 players in it is de facto a mash, I have licence to fuck around

(and my normal tactic of claiming something ridiculous D1 is of limited applicability here)
You certainly look happier here than in Drakengard.
In drakengard I had to worry about getting ITA'd by some moron.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:28 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:24 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:00 am Can someone who is seeing @iaafr as scum talk about their read? I know some people have changed their mind on him so I'm not exactly sure where everyone stands. I tend to agree with Master Radish. I said earlier he was behaving like he did in spec chat just wasn't ready to call that town until MR's post. Anyway, I would appreciate understanding why some think he's bad.

Also, Epi has been called town and I read his ISO to see if I agreed. I think it's a bit early to town read him, he is tricky. I need more posts to make a read there, I'm just advising caution for now.
Feels like he's trying to pocket 112, incoherent reads, tone is off. I do not like it sam I am.
Thanks, I saw the incoherent reads and the tone as his normal behavior but I have not seen him in an in-game setting. I'll re-read his ISO with your points in mind.
The tone is fairly standard but his reads are usually better than this IMO.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:43 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:17 am Question for all of you, do you guys believe this game would have some fake claims? I personally think yes. It's a big factor in why I suspect 112 as a matter of fact.
What is it based on then?
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Re: I am the Cat

Post by Benson »

Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:22 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:54 pm

I am very much laying the groundwork for an eventual scum read. An investigation that can not support either a town read or a scum read is fluff. An investigation that only works towards one of these ends is biased. I have asked Master Radishes to answer my original question, and to explain the thinking behind his own question. What do you recommend I should have done instead?

You have also noticed that I have been explicitly bringing up that a continued failure to answer has consequences for my perception of Master Radish's alignment. This is pressure. Your intervention here creates counterpressure on me, and therefore defends Master Radishes to a certain degree. Is this defense an intended effect, and if so, why did you do it?
I'm not giving you recommendations for how to play. I just thought the manner in which you targeted MRs content looked more like a wolf trying to discredit and to build a case for a possible mislynch. This is because it seemed like you were nitpicking on things that are usually nai. But ofc, your questioning can simply be a villager doing his due diligence.

I'm not too concerned with putting counter pressure in a case like this. And I didn't see the conversation going much further. I had an opinion I wanted to out out there.
If anything, I actually *like* MRs reluctance to give you everything you're asking for. It shows he isn't too concerned over the pressure.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:43 pm

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
Fair I guess but it’s also see Drago’s point. Iaafr threw out a rainbow with maybe half a dozen controversial reads. I think it’s town because of this shift on Mac and 112, plinko theory suggests that scum doesn’t make such significant shifts like that without a clearer game plan
... I'm pretty sure it's scum who are supposed to have plinko-board reads?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:46 pm

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
I see, so you're mafia and iaafr is town? Cool.
Oh fuck off. :rolleyes:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:40 pm
Read the last page and you'll find out.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:47 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:45 pm

Here’s how I see it

Ok, so you think an evil character can be town then and vice versa?
... :wolfy:
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:34 pm

so far you are an easy townread to me (actually the easiest), which makes me nervous only because I don't think you are easy to read in general. and in finals when you were town you were a townread, yes, but not an easy or pure one, just like a "I think eva is always like this and it's not scummy" one.

that said, the effortlessness of your savage-tone posting, and the fact that your conversation with Drogo, while meaningless shitposting, actually led you to have a read on him by the end, feels like v easytown to me.

~~Not A Champs Game~~

Also any game with 30 players in it is de facto a mash, I have licence to fuck around

(and my normal tactic of claiming something ridiculous D1 is of limited applicability here)
30 minutes into Inception, Mal stabs Ariadne, and it happens quite suddenly. Thankfully, the number of morons in this game seems low.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (116.51 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]iaafr[/mention], I just re-read your ISO and one thing that stood out to me is your total turnaround on 112, first she was absolutely town and then she went all the way to scum. Could you talk about that turnaround? What happened? I didn't see it explained in your ISO but maybe I missed it.

And then you were town tunneling nutella but she ended up as scum on your list. Could you talk about what happened there?

I feel like I'm reading your list upside down except your name appears at the top and I assume you don't suspect yourself.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:54 pm @iaafr, I just re-read your ISO and one thing that stood out to me is your total turnaround on 112, first she was absolutely town and then she went all the way to scum. Could you talk about that turnaround? What happened? I didn't see it explained in your ISO but maybe I missed it.

And then you were town tunneling nutella but she ended up as scum on your list. Could you talk about what happened there?

I feel like I'm reading your list upside down except your name appears at the top and I assume you don't suspect yourself.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] do you have a question?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Hey just got back from last night went way longer and chaotic then i thought it would be thankfully we have this extra day gonna be taking a quick nap before i read up have up to page 3 from last night that's when i left.

sorry again will be more active from here on out obviously and if anyone has anything they wanted to ask me from this missed time ask and i'll answer with the best of my ability
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:44 pm
I did. Why'd your read evaporate as soon as you got confirmation that flavor isn't alignment-indicative?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:15 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:11 am
If you want a serious response, (a) screw you, and (b) iiafr is acting exactly as he did in spec chat, which makes me think it's his default setting.
Excuse me for my intervention but since then the spec chat attitude is giving meta for a player?
Oh it totally makes sense, town has similar perspective to spec chat as "default"/lack of info. Jack I think has talked about this? Maybe Jay lol
Jay and I are both townies irl.
I’m third party irl.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:51 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:34 pm

~~Not A Champs Game~~

30 minutes into Inception, Mal stabs Ariadne, and it happens quite suddenly. Thankfully, the number of morons in this game seems low.
image.jpeg
Pretty sure there aren't any roles that can do that in this game tho.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:00 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:44 pm
I did. Why'd your read evaporate as soon as you got confirmation that flavor isn't alignment-indicative?
Then it'd mean no safe claims for scum, meaning 112 isn't roleplaying a safe claim.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:19 pm This game is a semi-open setup. The roles listed below appear in the game in some capacity. The list is not comprehensive. Players may or may not necessarily have additional abilities beyond those listed.
Ah, frell. :sigh:

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”