kneel4justice
No votes
Ace
No votes
BWT
No votes
SVS
11%
Trying to murder someone and failing. Repeatedly. Super awkward. (Host/deads/nons)
33%

Total votes: 9
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Re: Cards Against Humanity [GAME OVER]

Post by Epignosis »

Dom, thellama73, DH, and S~V~S were a team? Holy shit.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 80

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:Dom, thellama73, DH, and S~V~S were a team? Holy shit.
Yeah, but Dom and I didn't get to talk to DH or SVS.

This was a frustrating game because everyone thought I was bad right away, and even though I was bad, they thought so for the wrong reasons. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I had the most awesome role of all time. Like, once-in-a-lifetime awesome. And I was never able to use it like I wanted to because it was attached to Dom.

I don't think I've been this upset about not winning a mafia game. I feel like I did everything I possibly could have to earn it; I tried my hardest, and just came up short. I still don't know why k4j, Epi and Ace turned on me yesterday. They had no reason that I can see to throw me under the bus right before the end of the game. I never suspected them to turn on me - I didn't think they had any reason to - or I would have used my lynch protection. I guess it just wasn't in the cards.

I had a lot of things I wanted to say to SVS about my role, but she was bad, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyways boo this was a really creative game. Well-planned, well-hosted. I like that you tried to add fun things to do on the side, like the White Cards. I like that everyone utilized Awesome Points differently. I love that it was balanced while still so open-ended.

I really had a ton of fun. But that fun got soured by the fact that I couldn't quite get to the end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:This was a frustrating game because everyone thought I was bad right away, and even though I was bad, they thought so for the wrong reasons. :)
That is the common frustration of the foe. I feel that often.

"Damn it, they're right...but they're SO WRONG!"

You surviving twice was in this game is pretty damning though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I had the most awesome role of all time. Like, once-in-a-lifetime awesome. And I was never able to use it like I wanted to because it was attached to Dom.

I don't think I've been this upset about not winning a mafia game. I feel like I did everything I possibly could have to earn it; I tried my hardest, and just came up short. I still don't know why k4j, Epi and Ace turned on me yesterday. They had no reason that I can see to throw me under the bus right before the end of the game. I never suspected them to turn on me - I didn't think they had any reason to - or I would have used my lynch protection. I guess it just wasn't in the cards.

I had a lot of things I wanted to say to SVS about my role, but she was bad, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyways boo this was a really creative game. Well-planned, well-hosted. I like that you tried to add fun things to do on the side, like the White Cards. I like that everyone utilized Awesome Points differently. I love that it was balanced while still so open-ended.

I really had a ton of fun. But that fun got soured by the fact that I couldn't quite get to the end.
Lynching you was my least favorite lynch ever. I mean that. We debated hard about it.

Our plan that Day was to lynch S~V~S. You could even see from boo's spreadsheet that we were gunning for her. One problem: She was made Card Czar.

That left us with Eloh (who I felt all game was civilian until the very end), BWT (confirmed civilian), and you. And we were just trying to outnumber the civilians and win.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 80

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:This was a frustrating game because everyone thought I was bad right away, and even though I was bad, they thought so for the wrong reasons. :)
That is the common frustration of the foe. I feel that often.

"Damn it, they're right...but they're SO WRONG!"

You surviving twice was in this game is pretty damning though.
Yeah, there was no talking myself out of thta since it was the only mechanic that explained my survival.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It was just rey and me for a while.

So DH screwed you llama even though you were on the same team?!?

SAY IT ISN'T SO!
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 54

Post by AceofSpaces »

Yeah! Good game everyone! Big shoutout to my teammates.

Bigger shoutout to Turnip Head. I, and I know everyone on my team feels the same way, felt *really* bad about turning on you. I felt terrible when you flipped Indie. Please forgive me!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

To boo:

Thanks for introducing us to a ridiculously depraved pastime. Thank you for a wife who now looks up shit on Urban Dictionary.

May the Blue Waffles slap you in the face.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Epignosis wrote:To boo:

Thanks for introducing us to a ridiculously depraved pastime. Thank you for a wife who now looks up shit on Urban Dictionary.

May the Blue Waffles slap you in the face.
Haha, my pleasure.

no u
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by kneel4justice »

Yay!!!! I won my first baddie game here and had next to no suspicion!!! I'm so happy.
Thanks to my teammates, Ace and Epi! And Rey who I never really worked with. I'm kind of confused how things ended, Dom was bad? Weird. And SVS was mafia, whaaaa? I don't understand, but still happy!
And TH I did not want to kill you and didn't agree with the decision..your pms made me very sad. I really and sorry and respect you so much as a player.
Thanks Boo for the game. It was very fun and set up so well!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

k4j was so on the side of TH's salvation, Aces and I began talking separately about k4j being recruited by TH. That's how paranoid we got.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'll forgive you pricks eventually :p I never would have survived that long without you guys.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

As lynch and night posts probably made clear, I was not feeling overly creative. I believe the banners I made continue that proud tradition.

Winners:

Players:
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Cards Against Humanity [Night 6]

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:Night 6 End: Double Tap

Bass and SVS were both killed by Smegma. Turns out, they shouldn’t have spent the night together.

Question:
I got 99 problems but (blank) ain't one.

Bass and SVS have both been killed by Smegma. Thank you both for playing!
It is now Day 7, you have 24 hours to lynch someone.
FH is the Card Czar today, she cannot be lynched.

You are also ressing a player today.

How it works:
Every player gets to PM me the names of three players they want ressed. The deadie who gets picked the most is ressed.

However, they will not be ressed in their previous role. If the first vote for the player ressed comes from an indie, the player will be ressed as an indie. If the player ressed gets the most votes from a civ, they are a civ. If the player ressed gets the most votes from baddies, they will come back as a solo baddie (can win with any baddie, but doesn’t have BTSC). Awesome points may be used as votes (but this will use them entirely. They will not be available as lynch votes, and civvies cannot use them to lock into a role if they use them as a vote).

You may discuss it in thread, but you do not have to be honest about which names you submit (or consider). These votes cannot be changed, and you need to send in all three names at the same time.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If S~V~S began as Sass, then how did this factor in?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Epignosis wrote:If S~V~S began as Sass, then how did this factor in?
DH was the last Trump card standing with SVS dead, so he would have become solo baddie with you guys having both kills if someone else had been ressed.

Not a lot of votes came in for the res (it was a 4 way tie at 2 votes each, which FH broke). SVS had a vote from DH and FH, and FH broke the 4 way tie because she was Czar, and chose SVS.

Because SVS coming back as a solo baddie as a result of how that broke down would have been what happened, I let DH and SVS decide if they wanted to both become solo baddies (wouldn't have maintained BTSC with each other, would have been able to win with you guys), your team would have had both NKs but SVS and DH would not have been NKable by your kills, or they could remain a team. They opted for staying a team, and because I like fuckery, the stated rules of the res wound up not being the case.

It's odd, I'll give you, but the win conditions did state: "There is one (or more?) modifier(s) to win conditions that will be secret to all (most?) players until it comes into effect (if and when).", and fuck you, I'm a bear.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

By the way, I was originally totally trying to win with the civvies. My powers would have been a lot more interesting if I was using them as a civ, and I like playing as a civvie the most. If SVS had not been killed the night before I chose my BTSC partner, I would have chosen BTSC with either her or BWT. BWT could have vouched for me in the thread and SVS would have been forced to take his word for it. But SVS died, and suddenly picking BWT didn't seem to have as much of an upside anymore, so I chose k4j instead. Things could have gone a lot of differently!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So unfortunately I didn't get to play this and I didn't even follow the whole game, but I did peek in from time to time because this seemed like such an awesome game!! I feel terrible my schedule had gotten in the way... Oh well.

Congrats to the winners! This really seemed like a hell of a game.

And boo, we played Cards Against Humanity at my last game night with my friends, and I had to buy it. So I have. But as soon as someone mentioned the possibility of playing, I was like, YES WE HAVE TO PLAY! due to learning about it from this game. :P So much fun, so many laughs...

Still truly bummed out I missed this one, but I guess that's life sometimes.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 184

Post by S~V~S »

I knew it!!! I knew K4J HAD to have been recruited with her sudden change in time, but knowing zero about how the civ roles worked I didn't want to say anything. Good game other baddies, congrats :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Tone not time.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And good game everyone, really
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Flyin' High »

This might be my most frustrating game to play as a civvie. To be right about Aces and Epi and have no other civvie ever back me up on it or really listen to what I was trying to say really sucked. But I guess it's because I was just horribly outnumbered.

And S~V~S, you really pulled the wool over my eyes! I truly thought you were a civvie which is why I chose to rezz you. Nice work!

Thanks for hosting, boo. I liked the style of this game a ton!
ImageImage

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Damn, my instincts were pretty good for once, so I was really bummed out but not surprised when I died. That was a really perfect kill for DH to make too, since I got a lynch switch right beforehand and that really could have helped down the line. :( At least everyone avenged my death by lynching DItB!

Well played, baddies; and wicked fun game, boo!

Linki @ FH: I pushed Epi and Aces a couple of times. Hell, I brought up Epi literally right before I died and still nobody listened, lol. :hug:
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Flyin' High »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Damn, my instincts were pretty good for once, so I was really bummed out but not surprised when I died. That was a really perfect kill for DH to make too, since I got a lynch switch right beforehand and that really could have helped down the line. :( At least everyone avenged my death by lynching DItB!

Well played, baddies; and wicked fun game, boo!

Linki @ FH: I pushed Epi and Aces a couple of times. Hell, I brought up Epi literally right before I died and still nobody listened, lol. :hug:
I listened. :blush:

Oh, another thing I wanted to bring up. The night that me, S~V~S, and K4J were selected to receive an extra role power boo gave us the option to have BTSC with each other. But we all had to agree. I said yes to the BTSC but either S~V~S or K4J (or both) declined. Ever since then I felt that one of them was bad, but I didn't want to bring it to the thread lest I was wrong and start an incorrect lynch hunt. But in retrospect, I realize they were both bad so even if I had mentioned it, I don't think it would have gained any traction.
ImageImage

reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by reywaS »

YAY!!!

Congrats, teamies!
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I refused, FH :)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:I knew it!!! I knew K4J HAD to have been recruited with her sudden change in time, but knowing zero about how the civ roles worked I didn't want to say anything. Good game other baddies, congrats :)
k4j was not recruited. He was always a baddie, I just picked to have BTSC with him. With his sudden change in opinion on me, he was trying to tell you something true about my role. You just didn't want to listen :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

The civvies needed more talkative players if they were to have any chance this game. There was so much happening that needed to be discussed, but the civvies rarely ever brought anything up to talk about. FH being the lone exception. All the other civs only checked in to post their "I'm voting for so and so's" and that was it. Sorsha, Elo, and BWT (who was an outted civvie!!!!!) did this for almost every lynch.

When your whole team is barely paying attention, chances are you're going to get steamrolled. :p
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Dom, thellama73, DH, and S~V~S were a team? Holy shit.
If only we got to have real BTSC. :feb:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So this means I'm two for two in boo games? :dance: :feb:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Elohcin »

Even though I didn't win, I had a lot of fun and will proudly wear the players banner. :D I almost switched the lynch to K4J the day before the last day and second guessed myself. It would have changed everything too as K4J was the one who forced my vote on SVS the last day. Then with everyone voting ME, I used my lynch switch that day, lynching SVS (as the person I switched the lynch to had to have at least one vote). I was really hoping BWT would come in and vote K4J so I could switch it to him :/ Ah well...like I said, I still had a ton of fun!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I knew a switch was coming when you voted for me. I had no idea you were forced, though. I assumed you & K4J were teammates. My theory, actually, was that you & TH were teammates and THs prize was a recruit.

Quite, quite wrong of me :D

And TH, when i said recruit, in that context, I mainly meant "he had come under your sphere of influence", not necessarily your win conditions.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by kneel4justice »

Elohcin wrote:Even though I didn't win, I had a lot of fun and will proudly wear the players banner. :D I almost switched the lynch to K4J the day before the last day and second guessed myself. It would have changed everything too as K4J was the one who forced my vote on SVS the last day. Then with everyone voting ME, I used my lynch switch that day, lynching SVS (as the person I switched the lynch to had to have at least one vote). I was really hoping BWT would come in and vote K4J so I could switch it to him :/ Ah well...like I said, I still had a ton of fun!
:O Why did you want to switch it to me?!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

NICE BANNERS :D
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:NICE BANNERS :D
They go nicely alongside the Minimalism banner.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Elohcin »

kneel4justice wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Even though I didn't win, I had a lot of fun and will proudly wear the players banner. :D I almost switched the lynch to K4J the day before the last day and second guessed myself. It would have changed everything too as K4J was the one who forced my vote on SVS the last day. Then with everyone voting ME, I used my lynch switch that day, lynching SVS (as the person I switched the lynch to had to have at least one vote). I was really hoping BWT would come in and vote K4J so I could switch it to him :/ Ah well...like I said, I still had a ton of fun!
:O Why did you want to switch it to me?!
Gut feeling. And it is usually right even though I have a hard time proving it at the time.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 54

Post by AceofSpaces »

I forgot to give a huge thank you to boo for hosting this incredibly depraved game. I had a ton of fun. Thanks boo, you sick bastard!
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

who was targeted me or svs when we both died
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:who was targeted me or svs when we both died
You. It was a hug of death on your end.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage