ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: [DAY 10] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by bea »

Mongoose wrote:
DFaraday wrote:What the heck, BDH?????
right?!? yikes.

I can't even begin to know why he did what he did. All I know is he likes playing the games fast and loose. And maybe he went out all bad assery or some completely dumb thing.

I for the life of me can't figure out yet why he let Thomas die so easily. :( I'm sorry sweetie - but even I don't understand the logic here :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I am pretty sure that elo wasn't his partner. of that I can be at least pretty positive of.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

MovingPictures07 wrote:[center]Day 10: The Exit of Big Damn Wuss[/center][/b]
"You!" the voice pointed at BigDamnHero.

BigDamnHero stood, defiant. "Yes, YOU!" exclaimed the voice. "Champions don't defy the host!!! Are you willing to accept the price???"

BigDamnHero was. "You bet! Fuck you!!"

The host sighed. "I hate to do this, but...."

A giant sock appeared out of nowhere, completely covering BigDamnHero. After a few minutes, he couldn't stand it any longer, and stopped breathing, suffocated to death by the enclosed space and terrible smell.

BigDamnHero has been modkilled. He was Thomas.

It is still Day 10.
If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you could POSSIBLY imagine!

Biggest pair YOU've ever seen! :slick:
bea wrote::sigh:

really sweetie? really?

I guess if this is your last game you went out how you wanted to go out. Being an *in your face* player the whole way.

Still, I'm VERY sad to loose you and your role. :(
yup. really!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

For the record, I would just like to state the NOWHERE outside of the Red Room thread were we warned to stay out, whether by host memorandum or by PM. INSIDE the red Room Thread, the "rules" specificly state:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
THE RED ROOM: RULES
1. These are actually rules. Yes. They perfectly meet the definition of rules. The host never lies.
2. The players from the other thread can definitely post here without getting punished. And vice versa!
3. You know that saying that "death comes in threes"? It's never true. Especially not here.
4. This thread and the other Champions thread are completely unrelated. COMPLETELY.
5. That said, your alignment here has everything to do with your previous alignment in the other Champions thread.
6. "L" does not stand for lynch and "N" does not stand for night. And they certainly do NOT indicate anything.
7. Just because you're out doesn't mean it's over.
8. May the worst player win.
First let me point out the obvious that nowhere in the so-called "rules" does it expressly state that any sort of "opposite" wordplay is being employed. Going off of that fact, Rule #2 expressly states that the other players can, in fact, feel free to post in the Red Room without the fear or reprisal. Throughout the course of posting, I was under the impression I was being encouraged by said host to continue in my efforts.

Secondly, a player having no knowledge or familiarity with the Twin Peaks motif, such as myself, may not understand what sort of significance the Red Room may or may not hold and therefor be unaware of any quirks of opposite characteristic effects such a place may have on his well-being.

Thirdly, I direct everyone's attention to rule #7: "Just because you're out, doesn't mean it's over." This exact phrase has been repeated multiple times by the host in this thread where normal sentence structure/wordplay is employed thus making a confusing precedent in the Red Room should all his words actually be considered the opposite of their stated meaning...which leads me to me final and MOST DAMNING piece of evidence.

RULE #1....the rule that sets the tone for all the others. It clearly reads that what is to follow are actually rules. If, however, we are to interpret this rule in the opposite context as has been suggested, then that could only conclusive mean that the rules set forth by the host ARE NOT actually rules at all in which case I haven't violated any rule and have thusly been summararily modkilled for no reason whatsoever.

Thank you , your honor....I rest my case!!!

Having said all that, I will still conform to the host's decision to modkill me. What I did, I did for the betterment of the civ nation because the sweetest rewards come from going where others fear to tread, and after all, what good is a reward if nothing was risked to attain it? So if this is indeed the end for me, then at least I retire knowing I went out on my own terms, playing my own style of mafia, and had fun doing it!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

DharmaHelper wrote:BigDamnBalls.
biggest damn pair YOU'VE ever seen! :slick:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

RIP BWT

The bright side of the alliance thing, usually when two teams merge they are really low in numbers.

I dont think jc is as likely to be bad after bea killed herself to prove she wasnt martell.

Ill try to bbl
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I will post my response to DH, which I have posted before, in just a bit. I do want to point out however that even Nevin admits his word analysis is faulty.

BDH, I have to go to the other thread to figure out what you did (I guess you posted again) but I didn't know anything about opposite language either. If it was in a post somewhere I just completely overlooked it which would be my bad. I didn't play Twin Peaks so had no reference point to tell me. I was ready to post in there also thinking we were being encouraged to post. I'm sorry to lose Thomas but I am also sorry to lose you and hope you are not saying you are retiring from mafia all together because I love when you're in the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

My answers in blue since i couldnt figure out how to separate these quotes:
DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:In terms of suspects/cases, I think evidence has been presented that could reasonably point to JC being either a Manipulator or a Video Game mafia person.
And I have answered all of your allegations - I am not a manipulator or a VG mafia.
DharmaHelper wrote:Sure you've answered them, but I don't think you've answered them satisfactorily.
I totally disagree.
DharmaHelper wrote: Does anyone else have any other suspects?

@Bea Sure I can pull together some stuff. If you want specifics I pretty solidly put forth voting evidence that suggested JC might be with Kate's team and Nev put out a good bit of evidence that might point to JC using shifty language to get a vote boost from Rumpelstiltskin. But off the top of my head these things come to mind

1. Voted for Kate in the rezz poll
As I stated earlier, I thought at the time Kate was a civv. I had a small ping that FH might be bad, I had no pings about kate and thus I went with kate over FH.
DharmaHelper wrote:2. Nev's analysis of the Rumpelstiltskin power includes JCK
Here is just one of Nevin's comments about his analysis. He was talking to me: "Vomps is gone, and my argument against you and bea is disproven, so there's not anything else solid to bet on that I'm aware of."
DharmaHelper wrote:3. When Epignosis (Whom I suspect was PP) was a contender for the lynch, JC voted the other candidates, helping Epig avoid being lynched.
This is from my answer to DH's earlier post:
- Day 5 was the day llama submitted the case against you DH. I defended you in the thread and voted llama for what I thought was an attempt to get you lynched.
- On day 6 I was still neutral on both Epig and bwt. I re-read Vomps and FH had brought up an important point about Vomps so I voted for him. The case for him was strong enough that you also voted for him DH.

I will address each of the quotes above in a separate post since this one is getting lengthy

And nev's rumpelstiltskin possibility
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 749#p54743

See my post above about what Nev thinks of his analysis. Here is another quote from Nev regarding his analysis: "You're welcome to try to pry additional leads out of that type of analysis,
but I didn't find much aside from the short list I presented before,
which is now clearly inaccurate"

Hope that helps.

And i hope these answers help. More to come a little later (the figure skating is on now)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

Two things off the top of my head

1. Nev's thoughts on his Rumpelstiltskin anaylsis - I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong) that quote you pulled was in regards to the analysis as it related to bea, not you.
2. "The case on Vomps was strong enough that you also voted for him, DH" - I would hope so, since I myself made the case on Vomps.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:Two things off the top of my head

1. Nev's thoughts on his Rumpelstiltskin anaylsis - I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong) that quote you pulled was in regards to the analysis as it related to bea, not you.
2. "The case on Vomps was strong enough that you also voted for him, DH" - I would hope so, since I myself made the case on Vomps.
No DH, he was actually talking to me in that quote and talking about the analysis as it relates to all of us.

Yes, you made the case on him (Vomps) so I just dont get why you take exception for me voting for him. It had nothing to do with Epignosis.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ok, just did a quick catch-up and had no idea where the Red Room was, but found it.

MP - we are allowed to read it but not post in the red room?

Could some who played twins peaks explain the red room and how it worked?

Juliet's, BF, goose, and Elo definitely people I wold like reexamine.

I also wondered about Rumps. Was he mentioned in the red room post? Seems like every baddie we thought was alive was discussed except him, so I may go back and check.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Glad you're back S~V~S.

RIP BDH, sucks to lose you.

At the moment I'm still feeling wary of SD and to a lesser extent, JC. I tend to always read juliets as civvie, but I feel like there are little things here and there that feel off. I'm also beginning to wonder about blindfaeth. To be this far into the game and have no read on him is giving me the heebie jeebies.

@bea: I went back and looked to see which polls BDH missed voting it and it was only Day 1 and Day 2. Both of those days his +3 vote wouldn't have been noticeable (as in he couldn't have created an unwanted tie with his vote or put someone else in the lead of the top vote getter). In fact, from looking at his votes, it doesn't appear that his vote would have changed the outcome of any lynch.
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Two things off the top of my head

No DH, he was actually talking to me in that quote and talking about the analysis as it relates to all of us.

Yes, you made the case on him (Vomps) so I just dont get why you take exception for me voting for him. It had nothing to do with Epignosis.
Again I could be wrong about Nev's thoughts about that analysis, but I'd like to hear him chime in on it. The one quote I found reading back seemed to suggest he considered it moot due to bea's involvement and didn't really consider you worth a vote regardless, but I still think it's impressive analysis and I can't get over the supper thing.

I take exception with your vote for Vomps because of the reasons I stated. On two separate occasions to sided with the voting option opposite Epignosis. If it was just the Vompatti vote, you'd have a point. It just doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

I'm going to admit that I could be wrong, and I am not comfortable with being the only one to throw out suspects, but I dunno.

Linki - Yay now people are throwing out more suspects :D Hurray for discussion.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DH, just a quick note, I wasn't one of the people who said supper.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ok just checked and nowhere is Rumps mentioned. So if by chance he had been killed, then both baddie team only having 2 each would make sense for them to join together. However, since the tie vote with Vomps and Bea, no one has died whose role we didn't know, so the only explanation for the tie I can see is due to Rumps.

Cohen being part of the mix, makes me think he must be someone we voted for, because if not why would he be invited to the party. Or I am reading way to into it..

Linki I think it was Juliet's use of "specific" that Nev analyzed.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

If Epignosis was Pirahna Plant (which it looks like he might have been) then if juliets is a teammate of Epi's she'd have to be Creeper or Fetus which makes the Rumple analysis of her posts a moot point (different baddie teams).
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:DH, just a quick note, I wasn't one of the people who said supper.

To err is human :sigh:

I think I'm burning myself out trying to keep up with all this analysis. I'm sorry! I'm still not quite comfortable with clearing you as a civ though.

Linki - Yeah FH. I'm just pointing out that there are two (or I guess were two) paths to JC being a mafia.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

bea wrote:I am pretty sure that elo wasn't his partner. of that I can be at least pretty positive of.
I'm pretty sure you're right about that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:DH, just a quick note, I wasn't one of the people who said supper.

To err is human :sigh:

I think I'm burning myself out trying to keep up with all this analysis. I'm sorry! I'm still not quite comfortable with clearing you as a civ though.

Linki - Yeah FH. I'm just pointing out that there are two (or I guess were two) paths to JC being a mafia.
True, I agree there is evidence supporting Epi and juliets being teammates on either team. I thought Epi's use of 'supper' was really compelling evidence coupled with bea's use of it the same day (super=supper), but now it's pretty clear bea is civvie which kind of put a damper on that theory.

What do you think of blindfaeth this game?

Something that has kind of pinged me is how I have taken light heat off and on this game for my not-an-analysis analysis I did of the Day 0 poll. Blindfaeth was the one who asked me to do it, but never defended me when people grilled me on it. Since BF has been so low key this game, part of me has wondered if his asking me to do that maybe wasn't as innocent as it seemed. :shrug:
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

By the way, I worded that question about BF to DH since I was responding to his post, but I welcome anyone's opinion/input.
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I am for sure starting to eye the more quiet players, BF included.l I think it would be far to easy this late in the game for baddies to be quiet and let the civvies eat each alive. I'm typically very skeptical of a persons civvieness if I can't recall a post of theirs I've read in a while, and BF fits that bill.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

Hey all, just a quick note to say I'm mired at work and won't be all that participatory today, but that I like the dierction the chatter is going, we def need to pull out some new suspect ideas.

As for BDH, sorry dude, but the "reverse" thing and MP's "not a warning" were pretty clear to me *shrug*, I think you signed your own death certificate there and hurt the cause, tbh. Hopefully you'll find a new purpose in the Red Room, but then again, it seem like that's a whole new game, so I dunno....
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:Hey all, just a quick note to say I'm mired at work and won't be all that participatory today, but that I like the dierction the chatter is going, we def need to pull out some new suspect ideas.

As for BDH, sorry dude, but the "reverse" thing and MP's "not a warning" were pretty clear to me *shrug*, I think you signed your own death certificate there and hurt the cause, tbh. Hopefully you'll find a new purpose in the Red Room, but then again, it seem like that's a whole new game, so I dunno....
BDH was not sent to the red room.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

DharmaHelper wrote:I am for sure starting to eye the more quiet players, BF included.l I think it would be far to easy this late in the game for baddies to be quiet and let the civvies eat each alive. I'm typically very skeptical of a persons civvieness if I can't recall a post of theirs I've read in a while, and BF fits that bill.
I think rereading him with an eye to his suspicions is good. I have not played with bf before, so I have given him the botd I guess you could say not knowing his usual style. Does he have a usual playstyle?

What I do remember are his earlier suspicions of both Llama and Nev. Nothing I would fault him for over that, but I would say he is slipping into blendy territory for me now.

I have to say that Mongoose has been bouncing back and forth in my brain and another I need to reread. I am starting to get the feeling that her enthusiasm for baddie hunting is not her usual, but that's just an impression and I will wait on till she can properly respond.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

juliets wrote:I will post my response to DH, which I have posted before, in just a bit. I do want to point out however that even Nevin admits his word analysis is faulty.

Proven false, *not* faulty.

But much of incredibility argument against Juliets was based Seemer her Venomous Imp interactions with Bea, so I don't see a lot against her in TokyoRose analysis anymore.

Certainly I don't overconfidence that 'she used a King of Hearts oddly' is a strong argument.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I once used a King of Hearts very oddly.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Keep that votograph private, please.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Nevinera wrote:
juliets wrote:I will post my response to DH, which I have posted before, in just a bit. I do want to point out however that even Nevin admits his word analysis is faulty.

Proven false, *not* faulty.

But much of incredibility argument against Juliets was based Seemer her Venomous Imp interactions with Bea, so I don't see a lot against her in TokyoRose analysis anymore.

Certainly I don't overconfidence that 'she used a King of Hearts oddly' is a strong argument.
Sorry, proven false.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone, I'm so insanely busy; I really even shouldn't be here right now but I know I need to address bea's question and explain the modkill, and I knew I wouldn't have time again literally until tomorrow night, or maybe tomorrow at lunch.

Any player who willingly defies the rules OR the host within the realm of the game in a way that is very clearly pushing the boundaries too far warrants punishment, IMO. It is a Champions game, so I knew from the outset if I had to deal with any such matter that my punishments would exhibit less tolerance than a typical game.

When I modkilled AP for editing not only once but twice in strict violation of the rules, I knew that I couldn't let BDH off with anything less than a modkill because it wouldn't have been fair to AP.

I will clarify even further behind every decision and everything that went on during this game when it has reached postgame discussion, so there is even more to this than I cannot explain right now, but I hope you will respect the fact that I have had solid reasons behind all of my decisions this game, or at least as much as I feel I could while juggling everything I am right now (and I sometimes feel I haven't been able to do this game the right amount of justice I envisioned, but that's just my schedule).

I hated modkilling BDH but I did so because he had already broken the rules once out of nothing but clear defiance (voting the 'non-player'/deadie option after I said he would be punished if he did so), AND I clearly stated in THIS thread where things are not opposite in response to bea that players cannot crosspost and that they would be punished after one warning, and he still posted after that. I might have even let BDH slide after a second post in the other thread, but he posted a total of four times in there, and his tone was clearly defiance (which isn't bad, or the furthest thing from an insult, but it just is what it is -- defiance is defiance). It may not be one of the "rules" that BDH couldn't post in that thread according to all of the opposites, as he argued, but it was clear I did not want people crossposting and he defied me anyway.

I loved hosting AP and BDH, and I love hosting all of you guys, but I had to make that decision, and that is my reasoning. I am sorry if any of you disagree with it, but I have zero tolerance for people who break the rules in this game, ESPECIALLY when it is purposeful and with intent to break the rules or walk that line of defiance way too much that it constitutes breaking the rules.

And in direct response to bea, yes, players are completely gone when they are modkilled because I think that's only fair to those who follow the rules; if I allowed those modkilled to play in The Red Room, it would defeat the purpose of the modkill. The emphasis here is on "players", not roles, and it just so happened AP's role has that dead ability that I did not want to deny his team from using just because he unilaterally made a terrible decision. It's not their fault they were randomly assigned to the same team as AP. BDH had plenty more warning. AP had none. And as I said earlier, there is more to this story, but I cannot explain it until postgame.

Anyway, I wanted to address that; I respect BDH's right to explain his train of thought, but I made my decision and I stand by it, even if I didn't want to do it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now, with that said, back to your regularly scheduled mafia game, and I apologize again in advance, but my schedule is so busy anymore, and I won't have time to check back in again for a while, so please be patient with me if you have questions or concerns.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

I call complete BULL SHIT on the BDH modkill. I am quitting my catch up and am leaving the thread in protest. I know you're busy MP. And I know this can lead to mistakes. I'm busy too. But I read the rules the same way BDH did and was going to do the same thing in just a few minutes. But he beat me to it and you killed him before I could follow.

I'm a Champion in my own right, damn it! I will choose how I leave this game!
BDH is the best fucking player I've had the privilege to play with. If he's not brought back, then I forfeit my life.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You know what then? I really don't want to host this game anymore. Clearly people don't appreciate the insane amount of time and effort I put every day into hosting this game and all of the preparation it took to craft this game. If you don't like how I host it, fine, but that kind of attitude, Devin, really just solves nothing, and it only makes me feel even more unappreciated.

No one has any idea how much I have sacrificed to work hosting this game around my schedule right now, and if no one appreciates it, I don't know why I bother.

At least just respect my decision, despite how much you disagree. I am the host and it is my decision to make. It is not yours.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If any of you has a real problem with me or the way I host, please PM me and keep this bullshit out of the thread, thank you. I will not have this game ruined over people who disagree over a decision I had to make without any time to think about it, and I clearly explained my train of thought and I demand that the rules and procedures of this game be held publicly with respect. I will not have this game end on bad terms.

I really don't feel like hosting this anymore. But that would be unfair to all of you. So I will continue to do so.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Hey Devin....play like a champ...I did! I have no hard feelings towards the host and NO ONE ELSE SHOULD EITHER!!! He's done a bang-up job and I'm sure I didn't make it any easier for him but I did it out of fun and a friendly admiration of the short time we visited together here in AZ...that's it. So play on players!!!!!

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Alex, if you are feeling unappreciated for your efforts as a host, I want to ensure you that is not the case. One of the reasons I haven't submitted my micro and speed games even is because of how much more time goes into hosting and amount of preparation involved. I just don't have the time right now. I completely understand and am thankful for you taking this on at literally the worst time of year for you. (I want my refund IRS!! :noble: ) That said since this is such a huge endeavor, maybe a non-player could step in and fill some cohosting duties?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am not bad, but if you need to lynch me to prove that, I'm ok with that. It will waste time we could be getting a Baddie, but whatever.

BDH, I hate hearing you saying words like retire. :( I am also sad to see things go down like they have and see you out of the game.

To everyone, I would ask that not just for this game, but for any game you are in that if you take issue with how the host has done something, take it to them in PM and respect whatever they decide in the end. It's a difficult endeavor to host a game, especially one like this that is filled with a bunch of opinionated, obstinate and loud mouthed players such as ourselves. Those of you who have hosted know exactly how frustrating it can be when you are NOT busy, let alone when you are in the busiest time of year. And you also know it can be pretty hurtful and discouraging when you get a lot of pissed off players because they don't like something. Hosts work hard to create and run games for the express purpose of our enjoyment, it is hard on them when we complain and doubly so when we do so in thread. He is trying hard to make this fun for everyone, so cut him some slack guys.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

What can I say, I'm a controversial player through and through. I wouldn't be true to myself if I didn't create/add to the drama at some point.
But I stand by what I said. I didn't see any reason to kill off BDH and I'm certainly at a loss as to where to go from here after losing a great role like that. Also, I have no protections. I have no idea how I survived, but the mafia have no reason not to try to kill me again. So I'm going to die soon anyways.
I stand by what I said for 1 other reason. I don't have the time nor the energy to keep up with this anymore, so I too, was planning to "retire" from Mafia after this game. I need time to focus on RL. I've realized a dream that I have is possible recently, and if I'm going to fulfill that dream, I need to focus everything I have on chasing it.
So, MP, I decided that if I'm going out, I'm going to do it with a bang. I meant no disrespect for you or your hosting style. I thoroughly disagreed with 1 decision you made and I spoke out about it. Don't let that stop you. You've done an amazing job with every game you've hosted. This game is the icing on top of your figurative "Badass 2013 Mafia Games" cake. You've done an excellent job thus far despite your ridiculous schedule (I mean that in the nicest way possible).

But as I stated before. I am a Champion in my own right. I stand by my beliefs. You've brought back players on 3 separate occasions this game. A 4th won't destroy the games integrity nor your badassitude as the host. Do with it what you will :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

My responses to each of DH's posts. I cannot figure out why some of the links are not showing up as links but I think they can be pasted in the bar and will work. If someone has an idea as to why they are not showing as links tell me and I will repost. Sorry this is long - i wish I had lines or boxes to make this easier to read but basically it is DH's original link from his last post about me followed by my answer, either in the form of another post where i answered him or text where appropriate.

Here are some links to take a look at my thoughts on JC

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 948#p55948
My response: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 979#p55979

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 804#p54804
My response: I am not positive but i think the quote above have my responses to date.

One thing I want to add on the issue of my comment after kate's death. This is what I said:
"Wow, that was quite a night. BIH Bob but RIP Dom, like someone else said i didn't see anything that made me believe you were bob. And RIP Kate IYWG and I have no reason to believe you weren't. It's a shame you both personally are out of a champions game early, but i have to say I'm relieved we don't have to worry about bob anymore. There were some other things in that night post but i need to go back and read it because everything was overshadowed by the kills."

So DH I'm still not seeing where I "talked her up". The underlined statement is the only one that applies directly to kate. Maybe you are talking about some other quote but you'll have to point it out to me because I can't find it.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 791#p54791
My response: this is just a post saying he believes I am on one of the teams. There is no added information in this post.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 789#p54789
DH says it pings him that mongoose "came to my rescue". I don't know why mongoose commented as she did, you will have to ask her. But, she is not my teammate as I have no teammates.

DH says I am either not on AP's team because I expressed the desire to vote for him or I was showing irritation with him in the thread. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=280&p=51124#p51124 - AP was not a teammate - I have no teammates. I was not showing irritation with him in the thread I was expressing my desire to vote for him.

DH says I was trying to steer away from conversation on media and up to that point i had focused on media/zodac interactions and not on baddie hunting viewtopic.php?f=50&t=280&p=51418#p51418. Yes, I was focused on Media/Zodac. Besides Epi and someone else I can't remember wasn't almost everyone focused on media/zodac? I don't see how this has anything to do with me being bad. You could take an instance of anything I said and say "see, she was focused on this instead of baddie hunting".

DH said I did a 180 about INH viewtopic.php?f=50&t=280&p=51470#p51470. I did change my mind, does that mean I'm bad? This is just another example of DH just pointing out something I did and trying to add it to evidence of me being bad.

DH points out i brought up a bwt suspicion but said it was not enough to vote on. This is absolutely true. I had a ping but there was not enough for me to vote on. DH points out bwt voted for kate's rezz. If the implication here is that bwt and I were teammates, that is simply not true. bwt is not a teammate, and in fact I have no teammates. So this is a suggestion that someone else is bad and I didnt vote for him. It is possible bwt is bad but at the time I had not seen enough evidence to warrant my vote. I thought I made that clear in my post.

DH points out I wanted to see who Kate had posted about prior to her death after she died. He guesses I had a vested interest. I did not. I simply couldn't remember anything controversial Kate had said and in fact, didn't find anything when I reviewed her posts. He also said my inquisitiveness made it look like i was involved in her death. So, here he seems to be saying i killed kate instead of being on the same team as kate.

DH says I am acting like LT or Dom. When I asked about that, saying that was extreme, he admitted that he didnt think I acted at the same level as the two of them.

I think I answered everything else in this post inside the post.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=280&p=54753#p54753
This post covers the same ground as the previous post as far as i can see. The only thing I noticed that was added is that I voted for bea to have the shield. I did indeed vote for her - how does that make me bad??

Any responses that anyone has a question about please ask and I will answer.

linki Devin

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I will conceed the Bea stuff.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: [NIGHT 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:I'm voting for SVS, Lizzy, and Kate. I can understand why SVS was frustrated when she left but I don't think the issue is still a factor in this game. Also, she is a great champion who was taken too soon. I think Lizzy is an obvious choice in her group, and I think Kate was also a great champion taken too soon. So, SVS, Lizzy, and Kate.

Also did bf vote for the line or is it just my eyes?

There's what I mean when I said talking up Kate.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

I don't think a vote for Kate automatically makes one bad. Looking at the size of the teams, more non teammates of hers voted for her than teammates, if they all did, which i doubt.

Sorry so quiet, busy weekend, and just got out of D & D, will catch up and bbl.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I havent thoroughly read the back and forth between juliets and Dh, but juliets I appreciate your responses. I think many of those points are not a strong against you. Half the game agreed Kate is a champion long-time player and it was sad she couldnt play longer, and voted to bring her back.

I think my issue is I never know if you are bad, so I keep thinking at some point you must be right?? I always have the same issue with Mongoose though and some of her earlier posts made me a bit quizzical if this was her civvie game.

I am curious though DH how certain do you feel on your suspicion aginst juliets?

Lizzy, same question about DH?

There is a very specific role that I have for either Timmer or DH, so I have quite a bit of trust invested in their opinions. I just dont know which one!

What are peoples thought in Devin vs. Bwt? It seems Devin has suspected BWt the whole game, but BwT does not find devin suspicious? These are two others I would like to read, but time is limited for me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm less confident about JC than I was about Vomps and Llama, but I really just cannot shake this squirrelly feeling.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

DharmaHelper wrote:Anybody else have any thoughts or suspects? SD/Eloh in particular pop to my mind when I think of blendy players that may be baddies hiding from the crossfire.
blendy? pff! :) j/k I know I'm blendy. It works for me as a civ. But on top of that, my cakes have been a full time job this month and are continuing to be. Then I have homeschooling and housework on top of all that. I'm busier than I've ever been.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

I guess i am not loving the focus on one team, one issue. Too many non-teammates must have voted for her. One brick in the wall, OK, the biggest brick, i am not convinced.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:I guess i am not loving the focus on one team, one issue. Too many non-teammates must have voted for her. One brick in the wall, OK, the biggest brick, i am not convinced.

I'm open to considering all these other invisible suggestions.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I would love to have someone else to consider also.

I feel like this King of Hearts about Juliets is dominating the thread,
and I don't Soul Elemental postulatum there's a lot of strength in the lied there.
And I have literally no suspects left to vote for, they've all been lynched.

SVS - who's leading your 'I don't trust him/her' list?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

While on my break, I did a quick readback on BWT. A few things I noticed:

1. Whenever there has been a topic that had nothing to do directly with talking about suspects, BWT has posted quite heavily; go see how many posts he made about previous games on Day 0/1, INH's program concept, notice how often he posted while cursed, even numbering the posts to show how often he was posting.

2. Compare that to how he talks about his suspects. It's generally just one post, or at most two. Like with Bea. He goes from saying she is trustworthy and voting to give her the shield, to making one comment about something she said about Bob, to voting her. If others are talking about a suspect, BWT will chime in with a "yeah, I see that" or "I'm wondering about that too" kind of post, but he has never really pushed for any one case.

It's not enough to vote him, maybe, but I get the feeling that BWT is chatting more when it is "safe" to, and talking less about srs bsns. And I don't think he has ever put forth a major case on anyone, most of his stuff has been a tag-along to someone else's thoughts.

BWT, please show me if I'm wrong, but I feel like maybe you're coasting a bit.

I need to read back through bf, df, Boomslang and anyone else who has coasted.
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”