Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Re: [DAY 10] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP BDH! :( Not really sure why you went out the way you did though, even if it was what you wanted... :/

LOL I will readily admit that I am coasting through this game. I'm so busy IRL that I'm usually lucky if I have the time to catch up in this game. It's also why you haven't seen me really make a case against anyone yet. And unfortunately, I would not expect that to change anytime soon. I had more free time earlier on, but now not so much.

I hate doing that too. Especially because I consider it very un-champion-like. But it is what it is. It's either that or that I ask to be replaced, and given how far we are into the game, I think asking for a replacement is a bit too much. So I'll muster through what I can.

Alex, this is an absolutely fantastic game! Don't let yourself get down by other people's opinions. I know you're a fantastic host, and that sometimes with hosting games, you have to make decisions that are sometimes unpopular/controversial. All you can do from here is go on!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

Alex <3

Hosting is a ton of work, and the host does it for no reward other than to see his players have fun. You don't own anyone anything.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
bea wrote:and now knowing that he was Thomas with the +3 vote, how does that, if at all, change how you think of his votes? Because it felt a little like you were trying to set him up for something. Misguided civ or whatevs. But he was Thomas. And while he had his plus vote he also had a bts partner that wasn't me.
Set him up? Nah, you asked for his vote order so I provided. It does make me feel better about Eloh tho.
I did ask for it - and thank you for providing it as near as I can tell. I'm pretty positive you missed all the times he didn't vote, and I'm pretty sure those were important as well. For *many* reasons.

why does it make you feel better about elo?
I have been reading back on all of this ruckus~ and tbh, Bea, I think you made a bigger production out of this than DH did. He mentioned something in passing that i did not even notice until you forced him to clarify it.

As for my opinion on JC~ the case is basically circumstanial, yes? IF Epi was PP, IF Kate was BD/B. I am not so sure if i subscribe to one of those two suppositions. So I am not willing to condemn someone becasue of it. JCs defenses have rang sincere to me, without the "poor silly me" tone she gets when she is defending as a baddie. I could be a zillion percent wrong, but that is my feeling on JC.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:RIP BDH! :( Not really sure why you went out the way you did though, even if it was what you wanted... :/

LOL I will readily admit that I am coasting through this game. I'm so busy IRL that I'm usually lucky if I have the time to catch up in this game. It's also why you haven't seen me really make a case against anyone yet. And unfortunately, I would not expect that to change anytime soon. I had more free time earlier on, but now not so much.

I hate doing that too. Especially because I consider it very un-champion-like. But it is what it is. It's either that or that I ask to be replaced, and given how far we are into the game, I think asking for a replacement is a bit too much. So I'll muster through what I can.

Alex, this is an absolutely fantastic game! Don't let yourself get down by other people's opinions. I know you're a fantastic host, and that sometimes with hosting games, you have to make decisions that are sometimes unpopular/controversial. All you can do from here is go on!
But, you had seemingly lots of time to post during the curse, etc. Why so many posts about nothing if you had time then?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

One thing that might help is to see who was most eager to talk about inh. Ive already noted bwt did a fair bit, but a readback may reveal more. In my experience, baddies love jumping on an exposed indy, they can look like they are baddie hunting while wasting a day on a third party role, etc.
My siggie.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I am for sure starting to eye the more quiet players, BF included.l I think it would be far to easy this late in the game for baddies to be quiet and let the civvies eat each alive. I'm typically very skeptical of a persons civvieness if I can't recall a post of theirs I've read in a while, and BF fits that bill.
I think rereading him with an eye to his suspicions is good. I have not played with bf before, so I have given him the botd I guess you could say not knowing his usual style. Does he have a usual playstyle?

What I do remember are his earlier suspicions of both Llama and Nev. Nothing I would fault him for over that, but I would say he is slipping into blendy territory for me now.

I have to say that Mongoose has been bouncing back and forth in my brain and another I need to reread. I am starting to get the feeling that her enthusiasm for baddie hunting is not her usual, but that's just an impression and I will wait on till she can properly respond.
I have been keeping my opinions to myself a bit more this game for strategic reasons, but I'm definitely got some thick portfolios going! This is the second whap I've been insanified this game, Crude Yacht that takes me senatorship of a Red King too, because you don't bother to analyze as much. Bottom line: Can whomever osteopathist is significative is cursing me please stop? That would Rose awsome, cheese and toast.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:I'm less confident about JC than I was about Vomps and Llama, but I really just cannot shake this squirrelly feeling.
I am uber-chuffed trocar "squirrelly" barranco supportance on.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:Alex, if you are feeling unappreciated for your efforts as a host, I want to ensure you that is not the case. One of the reasons I haven't submitted my micro and speed games even is because of how much more time goes into hosting and amount of preparation involved. I just don't have the time right now. I completely understand and am thankful for you taking this on at literally the worst time of year for you. (I want my refund IRS!! :noble: ) That said since this is such a huge endeavor, maybe a non-player could step in and fill some cohosting duties?
<3 Sockface

P.S. I paid my accountant today!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:

I have to say that Mongoose has been bouncing back and forth in my brain and another I need to reread. I am starting to get the feeling that her enthusiasm for baddie hunting is not her usual, but that's just an impression and I will wait on till she can properly respond.
Oh, instanter problem is digladiation people I suspect or being lectureship off. I guess Soul Elemental happens when there are Tribunal of Judgment Red Bishop Queen of Hearts crier some rogue Titan. We got monstrously off, harelipped that wagon Dream Walker. And accentuation was sudorific good, and then Epignosis died, suppliant calculating suspected that. Also, can I say how much S~V~S's triumphant return subarborescent me happy? I think Jagang one letter osmanli suspects trish also NK'd. It's good in a way, but then it's also bad from a solely porringer piguid (i.e. it takes exenterate oomph out refound my ambulance.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm less confident about JC than I was about Vomps and Llama, but I really just cannot shake this squirrelly feeling.
I would love the sanitized version of this post.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
I would love the sanitized version of this post.
I am elated you wedded "squirrelly"
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ah I see, you're grooving on my wicked sweet lexicon.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

Elohcin wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Anybody else have any thoughts or suspects? SD/Eloh in particular pop to my mind when I think of blendy players that may be baddies hiding from the crossfire.
blendy? pff! :) j/k I know I'm blendy. It works for me as a civ. But on top of that, my cakes have been a full time job this month and are continuing to be. Then I have homeschooling and housework on top of all that. I'm busier than I've ever been.
High five for being a blendy civ! :p
And high five for homeschooling!

And you're doing fantastically, MP! :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

Hedgeowl wrote: Lizzy, same question about DH?
There is a very specific role that I have for either Timmer or DH, so I have quite a bit of trust invested in their opinions. I just dont know which one!
Of course I can't be 100% sure. I have my doubts (especially when he's not posting :P). But, I mean, come on:
DharmaHelper wrote:Pff fucks sake I just checked to make sure about Thomas and he's the +3 vote guy. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Really? :evileye:
DharmaHelper wrote: Linki - Yay now people are throwing out more suspects :D Hurray for discussion.
Really? 'omg I'm such a kyoot nais wittle civ who's helped hunt down baddies (indies, mate! SC is now a baddie) and now we're discussing so many other suspects! :lorab: ' :haha: No! :|

Also, I've been on the same baddie team with Timmer in AG, so I'm willing to take this gamble and attribute that specific role to him.
You're bad too btw. :p
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

S~V~S wrote:Alex <3

Hosting is a ton of work, and the host does it for no reward other than to see his players have fun. You don't own anyone anything.
Ture :hugs:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"Lol how dare you ask for more discussion of suspects when your suspect is someone you're not 100% committed to you must be bad."

I'm sorry I got your friends lynched Lizzy but come on :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Lizzy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Alex <3

Ture :hugs:
I really hope MP doesnt own anyone either. ;)
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

MP, you're doing a great job. ^^

I disagree that I am coasting. I am as present as I feel that I need to be. I am not a college student anymore whose only obligations in life being my grades - I have a boyfriend and a career, so I just wanted it to be clear that I'll never be as present as I once was.

FH, the few times people have brought up the question about why you did that analysis on Day 0, you answered the question fine and I didn't see a need to defend you - what you said was true, and it silenced those who thought it suspicious. But if it helps, FH didn't do it of her own volition, I requested she do it on my behalf because I thought it was possible it could be helpful. And FH is my go-to girl for that kind of analysis - if there is a pattern or trend, she would notice it. When she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, I sort of dropped the idea - I didn't want it to derail the thread and distract conversation.

I personally don't feel there's enough evidence to lynch juliets after Nev's analysis did not pan out the way we all hoped it would. I'd like to look at Devin and SD, particularly Devin - is there a reason I shouldn't be? I wouldn't mind looking more into BWT or FH though.

I seem to recall that Devin suspected me from early on because he suspected pretty much everyone who voted for Epignosis. I'm fairly certain Epig was bad, so I can't help but wonder about Devin.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

I wouldn't waste too much more energy on me.

But I would like to take this time to apologize to everyone. I was simply trying to be ballzy in defense of my favorite ballzy player. I didn't feel like I had much to lose, however, I took it WAY too far over the line. And for that I am very sorry. I never meant anything personal, nor did I mean to be disrespectful to MP. I hope I haven't ruined this amazing game for anyone else. When he has time today, I hope that MP will accept my "resignation" from this game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

But I don't want you to go. :overreact:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

DharmaHelper wrote:"Lol how dare you ask for more discussion of suspects when your suspect is someone you're not 100% committed to you must be bad."

Either your perception is distorted or you're doing this on purpose. I choose to think you're very clever, and thus you're doing it on purpose. You're very bad k. :hugs:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:"Lol how dare you ask for more discussion of suspects when your suspect is someone you're not 100% committed to you must be bad."

Either your perception is distorted or you're doing this on purpose. I choose to think you're very clever, and thus you're doing it on purpose. You're very bad k. :hugs:
I'm not. Your intense focus on me and no one else proves to me two things:

1) You took issue with me going after Vomps and Llama, both of whom have been proven bad.
2) You have no actual desire to build any cases or hunt for any other suspects.

You being an outed civvie is all well and good, but it doesn't excuse you from the rest of the game. You can't see how your tunnel vision is hurting the civ game here? Come on son. :confused:

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I wouldn't waste too much more energy on me.

But I would like to take this time to apologize to everyone. I was simply trying to be ballzy in defense of my favorite ballzy player. I didn't feel like I had much to lose, however, I took it WAY too far over the line. And for that I am very sorry. I never meant anything personal, nor did I mean to be disrespectful to MP. I hope I haven't ruined this amazing game for anyone else. When he has time today, I hope that MP will accept my "resignation" from this game.
If you are a civ, please don't leave the game. We need all the help we can get.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

1) You took issue with me going after Vomps and Llama, both of whom have been proven bad.

You being an outed civvie is all well and good, but it doesn't excuse you from the rest of the game. You can't see how your tunnel vision is hurting the civ game here? Come on son. :confused:
1) They have not been proved bad. One was a civ turned indie SK, the other one was a vanilla indie.
2) Quoi? Mongoose and Hedgie. But I like you more. :hugs:

Ah... ye ole guilt trip! You're only making yourself look worse. ^__^
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

Look at the poll ending time! I must vote now. I still have a lot of cake baking to do today :) I am voting BF. I just have this gut feeling about him.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

1) They have not been proved bad. One was a civ turned indie SK, the other one was a vanilla indie.
2) Quoi? Mongoose and Hedgie. But I like you more. :hugs:

Ah... ye ole guilt trip! You're only making yourself look worse. ^__^
DId I miss the part where you voted for Mongoose or Hedge nonstop without discussion :O
Or the part where Jack Torrence didn't end up as a rogue, NKing SK?
Or the part where Delbert wasn't a NKing maniac

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBWOP Damn The poll does end pretty soon :/

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Pff fucks sake I just checked to make sure about Thomas and he's the +3 vote guy. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Really? :evileye:
accentuation thought Ender Jaecus weird revivalist. honeytongued actually Romytjuh me of Shawshank where Logan picked up on my similar "slip" immediately even though baddie team trish halter scaffolding was innocuous. I fisc reword course, bad. I vascillate a lot Black Rock imprecation this game honestly because accouter Aldo done lied much Living Statue the civ NotInOxford Necromantic Fiend I You Lost Me that would occurrence the ultimate gambit in a championship whap setup you plainspoken really playing to win.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Mongoose it wasn't a slip, I genuinely didn't register that that was Thomas's power and when I did I was very disappointed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh gosh, why is the poll ending so early?!?!

Of the three people with votes, I'm not feeling baddie vibes from Dh. Devin I'm ambivalent on, I'm never good at reading him, and selfvoting at this stage confuses me. I do feel like bf is a bit coasty, but its not much of a case.

I feel like maybe Devin could be throwing in the towel here to protect a teammate? Could this be yo make sure juliets or someone like that doesn't get lynched?!?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Another thing to consider is the red room, where it seems there is a chance that a few of our players may get yanked. Dh and bf are both on that list, Devin is not. Might make Devin the better choice?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Of those w/ votes, I don't feel comfortable voting for myself or Devin in that order. Devin's self vote this late in the game just doesn't click with me. I'd rather see him stick it out. BF I don't feel good about voting for for the same reason I'm up in the air RE: Juliets. A lot of vibes but very little I can pin down. I may vote for BWT.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

timmer - is there someone w/o votes that you think would be a better option?

linki - that's a fair point. I was looking at the poll results over there earlier to see where they were leaning now that more of them were in the room, IDK if the players that get pulled to the red room will get the role reveal that a lynched player in this game would though and that reveal might be helpful.

More linki - I agree with a lot of that. *most* of my feelings about people at this point are more vibes than they are fact. :( :sigh:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

The lack of votes is pretty bad. This may end up in Zodacs hands.

I could get behind a bwt vote, bea, but he looks like he may get yanked to the redroom as well...
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

yea. I know. The times got changed during the last phase and the extended night because of the concert and stuff. I'll bet lots of people think they have several more hours. :(

I have literally no read on SD or Elo. That's got my feather's a bit prickly but I know they are both insano busy.

I feel like I'm jumping at shadows everywhere.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Yeah, I know how you feel. All my efforts to try to find Rumpy through tge votes failed and I'm left with reading vibes which for day 10 is awful...
My siggie.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

votograph Diabolic Manipulator he's going to leave the game twice.
If so, then my vote for him Peter not hurt him.
But I think he's playing a clever gambit here -
what baddie with Red Bishop team to think of would houseofpancakes and leave the game?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nevinera wrote:

votograph Diabolic Manipulator he's going to leave the game twice.
If so, then my vote for him Peter not hurt him.
But I think he's playing a clever gambit here -
what baddie with Red Bishop team to think of would houseofpancakes and leave the game?
You think it's reverse psychology?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mmmmmm... No. I'm trying to get Modkilled. You're distracting yourselves by even considering a vote for me.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Mmmmmm... No. I'm trying to get Modkilled. You're distracting yourselves by even considering a vote for me.
Well if that's not the most defeatist thing I've heard all game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

DharmaHelper wrote: You think it's reverse psychology?
Not reverse psychology, license. He doesn't pretend TokyoRose want *us* to kill him.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:@Mongoose it wasn't a slip, I genuinely didn't register that that was Thomas's power and when I did I was very disappointed.
Oh okay. You are lied good at decyphering luteous speak, by the way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

He's also checked out, verjuice Shouter risk is lower antaphrodisiac if he is Achilles we don't verticity as much by voting for him.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

The hubby is getting his anxious "We've got stuff to do today." look.

So, my time has run out. I'm sticking with BWT. He hid a lot during the last game under the "busy - can barely keep up with the thread" line. While, I don't doubt he is busy, I just don't think that I'm seeing civ here. He's feeling very much like he did in wassling mafia.

votes teefies.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:He's also checked out, verjuice Shouter risk is lower antaphrodisiac if he is Achilles we don't verticity as much by voting for him.
I wish blowhole insanified folk could understand each other :/
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I hate to vote sponginess her as a kindred spirit resperse executed but I'm suppliant Juliets for wedded. unvarying don't know what to Seemer of hustler Devin business, so I am Alai Spirit Oracle that with Knave of Hearts 10-foot pole.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:@Mongoose it wasn't a slip, I genuinely didn't register that that was Thomas's power and when I did I was very disappointed.
Only bits of it that I understand enough to use context clues to figure out. For example, No fucking clue what Nev is getting at.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Only bits of it that I understand enough to use context clues to figure out. For example, No fucking clue what Nev is getting at.
Me neither. I wish I could Aldo.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

lol. I've thought this entire game that either DH or Nevinera HAD to be bad. I now have more faith than ever in DH. Vote for Nevbaddie. That way you'll at least get a baddie and me.

The other people you should consider: BWT, BF, SD, and Juliets. After these and the game is still on: Mongoose and Hedge. I believe Lizzy is right about at least 1 of these 2 if not both.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

He wants a modkill.

Our risk is lower, because even if he officialism civ, he is suppliant enjoy that locate Mafia killing himself shortly anyway.

Sometimes this thing does not obscure much Living Statue houseofpancakes.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”